• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Supposed To Become a Hero but Got Stuck in a Deadend Job Instead

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Jax waggles their fingers at Jayce, still covered in wyvern blood, which is now starting to crack as it dried in the hot sun. They clear some of the blood away from their mouth and take a sip from the drink the older gentleman gave them earlier. Their expression turns from thoughtful to pleased in a short period, and they take another sip, this time without hesitation. "Forgive the appearance, Jayce, we just went on an adventure. I need a bath."

Ursula

"Wow. That's a very... informative introduction, Yffirin." Ursula was rather surprised that the feminine man just tell them his age, his role model, the meaning of his name, the number of his sibling, and the present and future job of him all in one go. Now Ursula know where Aenera's habit of overexplaining things come from, maybe it's the custom here? Anyway, the elf replied in kind.

"My name is Ursula Rizza, Rizza as in the thing that rhymes with pizza. My favorite color is blue. I have 524 years old tortoise pet at home... but I'm currently living in my food truck. My favorite game is Monster Crossing and Fursona 5. And this is Carrion, my mule familiar, he is roughly 950 kilograms and loves a good water melon." The mule let out a whine to add to Ursula's introduction. "Ah, I almost forget about that, Carrion. Carrion is currently 24 years old and I am 42."

"I don't mind you coming." Yfirryn said to Jayce. "But yes, I have other strengths, but my sister's strength is frightening. That is why the high wizards of the capital took her when she was young. They feared she was the fourth tyrant. They may have been wrong with the fourth tyrant part since she hasn't caused large scale destruction or killed anyone." At that moment Aenera let out a nervous laugh and said: "Yeah, haven't killed anyone. Before you come out into the world with me, I cannot let you be naive about my story. I have killed someone on accident, out of self-defense. A high wizard to be exact. He attacked me after I refused to take the blame for his corruption."

Yfirryn was shocked, but then brushed it off and tried to rationalize her actions. "But it was out of self-defense. He could have killed you." "Yfirryn, don't. Killing on accident makes it even worse when it is magic. I could have just dispelled his attacks but instead made him implode. I have paid for that mistake. There are however worse people in high places." Aenera answered. Yfirryn then replied: "I am sorry. I didn't mean to." Aenera then hugged Yfirryn and said: "I can't stay mad at you. You however still have so much to learn. Anyways we need to move past hard times."

Yfirryn then listened to Ursula's introduction and said: "I am please to meet you, Ursula and Carrion. Anyways if you will follow me, I can show you where to get cleaned up and bath. If you don't have a change of clothes with you, I am sure we can provide some clothes for your stay until your dirty clothes are cleaned." Yfirryn then walked ahead toward the neighborhood bathhouse just four houses down from the Manabrook home. "Here you can get washed. Alternatively, we have a bath in our home." Yfirryn said and pointed to the Manabrook residence.

"I have much respect for Wizards, even more so since Ilack the ability to actually cast spells." Stretching out his arms, "I don't really need to wash up or anything, I really just came straight from work." He looks over to Jax, "No worries, I understand how a person can get after a hunt." He then looks back over to Yfirryn "I'm looking forward to the meal, the best way to experience a culture is through their food."

Jax's lips twitch upwards at Jayce, as they run a hand through their hair. At least, they try to, and then when it gets stuck they make a noise of disgust and give up. "I have a change of clothes, thankfully. I didn't just have leather armor in my bag, though I am going to have to clean my leathers." They look up at the bathhouse as they arrive and nod approvingly. "Perfect, thank you. The name's Jax, by the way. Figured I should probably introduce myself."

Ursula

"Yay for bathhouse!" Ursula dashed inside the building and waved at the old kady behind the counter before jumping straight into the pool.

"Don't forget to wash before- ahh, youth these days." The old lady was about tell Ursula to wash her body before jumping in but since it's already too late she went back to finishing her old newspaper crossword puzzle.

The pool was quite wide and there's small warm crystall balls floating on the water. Ursula submerged herself into the water and let the warm relieved some of her sore body. She looked up at the ceiling. Unlike the onsen fron the east, the bathhouse wasn't an open one. Well, considering the town was build in a cavern there's not much to see anyway.

"Yo, Jax. Want to wash my back? I will wash yours!" Ursula shouted outside.

"Pleased to meet you, Jax." Yfirryn. Suddenly, a blur ran past Yfirryn. It was Ursula. Aenera and Yfirryn watched as Ursula enthusiastically ran into the bath house. Ursula seemed to run in and jump into the pool without washing off some of the gore first.

"I think I will join her." Aenera said. As Aenera began to walk toward the bath house, Yfirryn grabbed her hand. "Why don't you bathe at home?" "I would like to bathe with my friends." Aenera said and pulled herself out of Yfirryn's grip. Yfirryn then said: "Please. I will wash your back. Sis?" Goosebumps ran up Aenera's back. What Yfirryn said was... weird. "Yfirryn, we are siblings and both adults. You offering to wash my back is a bit weird. I know you missed me, but be careful not to become overbearing." Aenera said.

Yfirryn bit his lip and sunk his head. "I didn't mean to be weird." He said as he looked at Aenera with puppy eyes and a sad expression. Aenera sighed. "You got enough time with me in the coming weeks, you don't need to spend every waking hour with me." She said. Aenera then went into the bath house.

Aenera then took her clothes off and got into the water. Her body was full of tattoo like arcane veins. Compared to tattoos, they weren't black but light blue and glowed dimly. Outside in the sun and under the light of the plaza crystal they weren't visible but in the not as brightly lit bath house they were visible. Aenera dipped her head under water and when she came back up her bangs weren't covering her forehead crystal anymore. "It's probably been a year since I was in this bath house. The water is refreshing." Aenera said. "Are you guys sure about switching back to your own clothes? The robes and dresses made from fire oxen fur are really comfy. In fact my wizard robes were specially made from fire oxen fur. Well they don't make it like a fur piece as you would know from a fur coat, but they turn it into a thread then a fabric. It is also fire proof. I can show you my old robes later. I still have them hidden in a storage pocket dimension among other things."

Meanwhile Yfirryn turned to Jayce and said: "Are you sure you don't want to take a bath? We can go into the male section of the bath house and we can offer you some comfortable robes for the evening afterwards. I mean I don't have much to do anyways. The rest of the family are preparing the feast and I am to stick close to my sister."

Jayce thinks for a moment, "well I suppose it wouldn't hurt to relax for a bit. Sure why not? We can use the time to chat, a good conversation can also help in relaxing and clearing the mind." He says moving toward the entrance to the males part. Jayce thought Yfirryn could use a distraction after seeing that interaction, "maybe you can tell me more about your abilities? I always like learning about what others can do." Jayce has never been to a public bath house but it's worth a try.

Last edited:
Jax enters the bathhouse, looking around for a moment and taking it all in. It's a rather lovely bathhouse, all things considered. They undress slowly and enter the baths, going over to the area where they wash their body with their back to the group, attempting to not shock anyone with all their scars. They look slightly embarrassed to be there, blushing and not looking at anyone in the eyes.

Yfirryn went inside the bath house with Jayce. As they got into the changing area, Yfirryn took off his clothes and put them in a basket. His body was still sort of androgynous, yet still male. As Yfirryn let his hair down, it went down to his thighs, almost reaching his knees. He showered off before heading into the pool. Replying to Jayce's question about his abilities, Yfirryn said: "Well vocationally I can herd fire oxen and know all the temple rituals. In combat though, it that is rather what you mean, I can use a battle scythe and dark magic. But I also know a little healing magic. I can also summon familiars and in case I don't have my weapon on me, I can defend myself in hand to hand combat. Aenera also showed me chronos magic, but my mana isn't sufficient for anything big in chronos magic. I can only provide small speed boosts or slow time for myself a little. What about you?"

(Will post Aenera stuff, once Ace Cream replies.)

Ursula

"Nah, thank you for the offer but I'm good with my oversized jacket. I don't plan to burn myself anytime soon anyway. Hehe." Ursula picked up a rag and walked towards Aenera's back.

"And now for the best part of being in a bathhouse, back rubbing... Hmm, these runes. It's not the one that explodes or gives curses via touch right?" Ursula poked at the arcane tattoos on Aenera's body.

Jayce undresses revealing his toned but not overly muscled form, a couple scars are now more visible on his arms. He then showers off and heads toward the bath, "that is pretty amazing, it makes me look kinda pathetic." He says it with a chuckle and in a joking tone but it didn't seem entirely a joke. "Like i said before, I work at a cafè. I learned a lot about coffee and tea and a few things about simple pastries. In terms of combat ability I learned martial arts from my father and used those lessons to create a style that was uniquely mine. Though I never really trained with weapons and I can not cast spells, not even simple ones." He sits down into the water and closes his eyes, "but I have learned to channel mana into my hands and feet to help strengthen the impact and I can let the mana burst outwards into my opponent when it makes contact as a kind of two part attack. I know it is all kind of lack luster but I make due with it."

Ursula politely declined Aenera's offer and further proceeded to approach her with the intent of washing her back. Ursula began poking Aenera's arcane tattoos asking about them and whether they were dangerous.

"They aren't dangerous to the touch, but rather they were originally added because I am perceived to be dangerous. However not all the tattoos are of the same source. The runes were originally seals because the high wizards tried to inhibit my arcane abilities. Unbeknownst to them, I overwrote the seals to do the opposite. If you aren't aware of my in depth story, I was this towns tribute. That means the amount of mana in me made me a candidate to be the fourth tyrant. So I was taken by the high wizards to the academy where they tried to seal my powers in an effort to prevent me from becoming the fourth tyrant. The seals and the forehead crystal were a part of those inhibition efforts, but ultimately I changed the seals and broke the forehead crystal, turning it into a mana amplifier instead. The other tattoos I got from this town, as they rather hoped for me to become the fourth tyrant instead." Aenera explained.

"If you are unfamiliar with the term fourth tyrant. The first tyrant was Queen Aenfya, a pretty distant ancestor of mine, who ruled possibly a bit more than half the continent 1600 years ago. She was possibly the strongest sorceress who ever lived. People say she sacrificed her life to save her people from massacre. But she wasn't called a tyrant just because people fear her power and her magics. She did horrible things. Aenfya petrified entire armies, made people rapidly age and even sent people to other dimensions. Technically, she herself didn't kill that many, because the petrified can be unpetrified since they are just frozen in time and those put in other dimensions could possibly still be alive since time can run faster or slower in other dimensions. However you would have to ask yourself if it is ethical to pull them out into a time and world they are unfamiliar with, where basically all their loved onces have been dead for over a thousand years." Aenera then paused and sighed.

"Honestly, I carry a burden on my shoulders. I sometimes wish I had normal abilities and lived as an average mage. But anyways the other two tyrants lived in the past thousand years. The second tyrant was half human and half demon and possessed massive strength and endurance. He was basically a warlord and brutal. But technically he wasn't a tyrant because the other two were powerful arcane users who could have possibly easily incinerated him or got rid of him. The third tyrant was a halfling, part elf part human of Vyyzantfyri ancestry. He possessed vast amounts of power for his time and was able to weird every known magic except for chronos magic. He ruled with an iron fist for other 100 years and died at the old age of 142, which is about average for an elf halfling. I honestly expanded my powers so that maybe one day, I could unpetrify those who were petrified."

Aenera then turned around to Jax: "Hey why don't you come closer to us. You don't need to be ashamed."

Meanwhile over in the men's part, Jayce had explained his job and his combat abilities to Yfirryn. Yfirryn then replied: "Wow. If you can control your mana enough to concentrate it into your hands, it is a good start to learn spells. Maybe I can teach you a few that could help you in combat, such as healing or maybe amplifying your punches with elemental magic. But anyways, I am unfamiliar with this coffee you speak of. What is it?"

Jax laughs, high and uncomfortable. "I don't... Well, I'm not used to being naked like this. In front of a lot of people. It's kind of embarrassing." They're hunched over themself, a towel held up to cover their chest and the surgery scars, which can make some people uncomfortable. They're heavily scarred even without the surgery scars, the most rough looking being three claw marks over their shoulder, presumably the same wound that put a nick in their ear. "I'm sorry that you were sealed in such a way, it seems like... an invasive procedure, for sure."

Ursula

Most of Aenera's history lesson flew past Ursula's head. The elf simply raised the wet towel she was holding and started rubbing Aenera's back after giving her another pat in the head.

"Don't worry, Aenera. Whether you are descendant of the demon lord, granddaughter of a mass killer or the child of a planet destroyer, back rubbing is still back rubbing. Enjoy yourself!" Ursula's rubbed gently and thoroughly, as if she was very used to this. "People in my hometown used to call me God's hand. Yes, my groping skill is just that good. Ohohoho. There~ your back is good as new." Having finished Aenera's back, Ursula approached Jax and examined his body.

"Nice build buddy." Ursula slapped Jax's back playfully. "Now let this godly hands wipe yours."

The big scars on Jax's shoulder drew Ursula's attention, she examined it for a brief moment and then pointed at it.

"That is quite an impressive one. I definitely haven't seen that kind of scar on a living person. What caused it? Fenrir? Sabertail? Hangry cat?"

"I tried to learn magic when I was younger but I was never really able to get the hang of it, It's worth trying I guess." Jayce says as he soaks in the water. When Yfirryn asks about coffee, Jayce takes a moment to think about how to best explain it, "Well it's a caffeinated drink made from grinding coffee beans and running hot water through them. It can be a bit bitter but people often add milk and sugar. It's similar to tea, I guess, but tends to have a lot more caffeine." Jayce looks up at the ceiling silently for a few moments, "do you really think I can learn magic?" He remembered having such difficulty even with simple spells and being told that without magic he just wouldn't be able to effectively combat powerful threats to be the Hero he always wanted to be. Could magic really be possible?

"Groping skill?" Aenera said and looked over her shoulder with a cautious yet disgusted face. "You better not grope me or you wont be able to use a weapon for at least a month. But anyway, thanks for washing my back. I will wait on you two outside after the bath so I can guide you to the house." Aenera then climbed out of the pool and began to dry herself off. Once dried off, Aenera opened a portal and grabbed a couple things out of it. The things were mostly clothes though. "Since we have an evening to spare and my family expects me to look nice anyways, I will wear something nice. My old wizard outfit for instance." Aenera said. After drying off she put on a black sleeveless bodysuit and then put on an elaborate white dress with a long skirt but short front. The dress was sleeveless but Aenera put on white lace-trimmed bridal gauntlets/long sleeved fingerless gloves. The dress had white lace-trims along the skirt and the high, almost turtleneck like button up collar. Aenera then put on white lace thigh highs and white boots. After getting dressed, Aenera braided her hair. Since the braid would take long due to the length of her hair, it would still give the others plenty of time to bathe.

Yfirryn

"I am still unfamiliar with all these terms like caffeine and coffee beans. Maybe I just need to give it a try sometime." Yfirryn said to Jayce. "If it is basically a bitter tea, then a sweetener or milk could make it better. And regarding magic, I am sure you can learn magic. If you can control your mana, then you can learn magic with a little effort. And if it doesn't work the first time, you just have to practice and keep on trying. I can help you with it. The spells to boost your combat capabilities are pretty easy. The other stuff needs more time and practice."

Yfirryn then approached Jayce. "Do you need assistance with washing your back? If you have reservations about someone else doing it, we still have a rag on a stick. I-I can also massage your back if you are tensed up." Yfirryn blushed a little. He felt that the offer may seem a little weird to an outsider or even as Aenera had sometimes put it, a bit creepy.

Jax blushes, muttering something about a dragonling, and dips their head, looking at the ground of the bathhouse with an almost shy stare. "You're going to wash my back, then, Ursula?" They ask, not looking at their friend and hunched in on themself, their shoulders practically to their ears. They flinched when Ursula slapped their back, which really shows how uncomfortable they are with this whole situation.

Ursula

"Yes, yes. My grandma said bath house exist so people can wash each other's back." Ursula proceed to washes Jax's back. She noticed that Jax's position was rather uncomfortable. Something that shows that they're not used to this kind of activity, that or they rarely shows their back to someone else, but Ursula at least appreciate their willingness and rewards them by doing it more gently... and then slapped their back after she finished the washing.

"Clean as new~ Please give me a five star rating! Now let's go out and dress up. Can't have the drink, I mean the people, to wait any longer!"

"Coffee isnt for everybody but its worth trying." He turns his head to look at Yfirryn, "no need to be so nervous, but no thanks. I wasn't really planning to wash up properly. Just soak for a bit after work." Jayce stretches out his arms, "I think I'll pass on the massage, though I appreciate the offer. I don't feel overly tense."

After sitting for a few minutes Jayce says, "this might sound cheesey but... thanks for giving me hope that I might be able to learn magic. I had honestly given up."

Aenera was done getting dressed when the others seemed to be finished up too. "I will wait in front of the bath house on you. The guys should be finishing up soon too." Aenera said to the others. Aenera thought about how excited the rest of the family must be to see her again. Soon she left the bath house and decided to good around with spells such as levitating off the ground and forming black fire in her hands.

Yfirryn

Yfirryn blushed when Jayce thanked him for the motivation. "Y-you're welcome. I am there for you if you want to learn." Yfirryn said. He could hear someone leaving the bath house. By the sound of the persons gait, he could tell it was Aenera. "Maybe we should finish up. It seems the others are finishing up." Yfirryn said. He got out of the pool and started to dry himself off. Someone had laid fresh clothes out for him. A black sleeveless turtleneck top, black shorts, a long blue tunic and black stockings. After drying off, Yfirryn got dressed. "I bet you will like the food." He said to Jayce.

"Four stars." Jax responds drily, trying to awkwardly joke with her friend before standing up as quickly as possible and shuffling over to the changing area. They grab clothes out of their duffle bag, simple, loose ones, and dress swiftly. Safe in clothes at last.

Ursula

Ursula left the bathhouse wearing her usual oversized jacket. She was holding the Rimworlder from back then and was chugging it slowly.

"Drinking after a bath is truly marvelous." She said in a satisfied tone. Carrion walked towards her and gaves a lick. "Yeah, yeah. I will wash you and the truck when we get back to the city. Okay??" The giant mule whined in protest but didn't continue his complaint.

"I'll have to take you up on that." He says as he gets out, dries and gets dressed, "I'm sure I'll like it as long as it isn't spicy." he chuckles. Jayce started to walk toward the door, "after all this I wish I could stay longer."

Soon everyone exited the bath house. First were Jax and Ursula. Then came Jayce and Yfirryn. Aenera then put her hands together and said: "Great! Looks like everyone is done and ready. Just follow me to the house and we can get to feasting."

She then went ahead and went to the house. The house was pretty big. It was expected that such a big family has a big home. Aenera opened the door. There was a lobby like room when entering the house. There Aenera's and Yfirryn's family sat in waiting. All of them wore their good clothes, basically clothes they would wear to a wedding or to any other special occasion. Long gowns with embroidery and jewelry. Their long hair was braided.

They stood up and lined up as Aenera entered. While they were excited to see Aenera, they at least had to hold some composure for the entrance of the guests. The entire family was pretty. All the family had very long brown hair and green or turquoise eyes. While most of the male siblings were rather androgynous, Aenera's father had more masculine features and a beard. The female siblings were very pretty and the matriarch of the family was especially beautiful and looked like she could be another sister of Aenera's.

As soon as the guests arrived, the family bowed and showed Jax, Ursula and Jayce to the dining room were a long table with possibly twenty seats was waiting for them. The table was full of freshly prepared local delicacies such as fire ox steak with Vyyzantfiri yoghurt sauce or a vegetable dish with a melon chutney. The foods on the table were prepared for free pickings and should be enough for everybody.

"Everyone pick a seat, you are our guests." Aenera said. "I might be sort of a guest too but this is my family home and I am sort of reponsible as a host too."

The family matriarch came up to Aenera and said: "That outfit. You look fit to be a queen or even an empress. I don't think I have seen you in it before." "It was one of my dresses from my days as a wizard. I just thought I show it off." Aenera chuckled. Aenera's mother then took her hand and said: "I suggest you wear it when you take my place or when you represent our community before the court."

"Mother, we can discuss this later. Let us eat and have our guests enjoy themselves." Aenera said to her mother. Aenera waited for her friends to sit down before she could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back