• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I was reincarnated into a fantasy world (group 2)

Chosen within the second group, Fenrir Bafmott, Scathach of Skye, Cal Celthorne, Skadi of the Oceans, and Vespa Baltize. Each of them stands in the early morning light outside the front gates of Morningstar, the first of the destined to begin on their journey. The large portcullis of the gate slowly begins to fall, the sound of rattling chains and the whining of gears following the fall of the gate. The main path, well made and cobbled most of the way, was surrounded by lush trees and cool breeze dusted the air.

From the aftermath of the summons the day before, Scathach had been given a letter from the king, yet handed two envelopes. The first was a message for them, an attempt to help coordinate them and give them a direction.

"Adventurer, Hero, Destined,

Within the second letter I have given to you is a write of passage from myself to those whom travel with you to gain access the city of Vilissimus, the capital of the desert country of Azazad. I humbly request you begin your preparations there and investigate anything that may indicate the involvement of demons and those who follow them. Whilst I am aware of the severity of my request the day previous, I, King Aurelios Morningstar I, do wish for your aid in protecting our world as much as it has become your own.

I will be preparing further my own kingdom while you all are away.

I wish you all goodwill and fair tidings.

May the Goddess, A'mir, watch over your travels,
High King of Morningstar
Aurelios Morningstar I"

With a heading given and supplies since offered, all that remained was to begin with the first step...

Vespa stretched his arms out as he was rearing to go, anxiously waiting to get started as the first of many trips lay before them. "So, seeing as this is going to be a trip and a half, perhaps we should discuss our strengths going forwards. For me, I can tame the wild monsters and rare demihuman provided I wrap this collar around them combined with the Shackle Capture magic."

Vespa then takes out a collar and shows it to the group as he smiled a tad. "And as far as demihumans go, I only capture ones that have bounties, are feral in nature, or have aligned with the demon lord. Of course if we happen to find a ride big enough for all of us, i could use my ability to cut down some travel time."

Then Vespa sweatdrops upon his next few sentences. "Suffice to say...I have no monsters or anything captured to my name so I'm quite nervous since I haven't successfully gotten something yet."

Cal readied himself, responding to the Monster Tamer. "I'm good at both sword and bow and arrow..ish. I've never been amazing at anything but I've never been bad at anything either. Most of my magic is based around wind magic. I've trained as a knight my entire life too." The prince said motioning to a sheathed sword on his waist and a bow and quiver on his back.

"I guess you could say we're both not that special then. I haven't been known to be anything special among the knights. Quite average. But i can do alot of things. Just none of them very well." He said smiling.

"So desert country? Azazad. I heard alot about the Crocodile Beastmen and Cat-Demi-humans. I've heard about ancient pharoahs that have existed. I'm excited to see what it's all like in Vilissimus."

Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel

Scathach of Skye
Tags:
Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM D4nimal D4nimal SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Crow Crow Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel (Open)

7vmNtJX.png

The heavy steps of Scathachs boots resound of the road as she strolls onwards with her lax gait, the first letter being slowly read into her hand before passing it along around the group and the second letter already secured away, though unknown were given the strange lack of pocket on her outfit. Keeping up her almost lazy pace it was still more than enough with each movement of her legs being equal to at least two of her travel companions it was becoming quite clear that another issue would need to be addressed given their destination.

Turning ahead to look at Vespa she stares for a short moment before deciding to respond "Mounts do seem to be a good idea, I mean no offense but a quick look at those gams doesn't exactly imply being used to the type of prolonged march we have ahead" turning to look ahead for a few moments of silence before continuing "It was something that we should have really picked up before leaving the gates but no big deal, we should likely be able to pick something up at the next Village or farmstead, Pretty much there's a system in place for getting horses in event messengers pass through, they might have buns of steel but fresh horses are still needed. We can also add in a few barrels for Water and other supplies given deserts don't tend to be abundant in those things unless any of you can pull a Jesus with a handful of bread and fish"

Adjusting her ax somewhat she moves to address the main question, however, taking a few moments on how to phrase it all "As for myself? Well what you see is mostly what you get" throwing a wide grin for a moment before raising her arm somewhat and putting the other hand to her bicep "All the B's and a bit hardier than most of the sweet summer children in other areas. Im really not sure where to place me with the rest but pretty good with my hands in general." it was true that all the knightly training was not really a thing within her tribes but that didnt mean they were a stranger to practice or hard work, Goliaths were just far more practical with on the job training so to speak "Prefer my Axe but no stranger to a bow either, guess the only other main thing to be aware of is the fact is really when it comes to anything magic I tend to come up blank across the board, but hey still got the Force on my side" letting another low laugh escapes from her mouth which had yet to move from its faint smile. She had covered all the bases at least but getting into specifics really would take too long, for now best to get to the nearest settlement to get ready for the big desert voyage.

Fenrir walked towards the front of the group eager to head off on their journey. 'Azazad.. Never been too a desert before but hopefully they don't care about me not wearing a shirt as much as the folks around here do.' Fenrir thought, thinking of all the stores and establishments he's been kicked out of.

"My name is Fenrir, it's good to be traveling with all of you. I'm well versed in physical combat, I've learned a lot about martial arts, swordsmanship, archery and I've trained my body extensively, I've a long way to go however until I'm at the standard my master set for me. I also studied a form of fire magic that allows me to produce and manipulate unquenchable flames." Fenrir says producing a ball of green fire in one of his right hands, "Our campfires will burn for as long as we need them." He says offering a smile. "Other than that.. I'm also pretty good at fishing." He shrugs, not sure what else to say.

PlusUltra PlusUltra SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel Crow Crow Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM

Skadi's tiny stature and unnoticeable footsteps blended in with the group. She gives her comments on the various matters.

"A steed for all of us to ride on? That would be convenient, wouldn't it?"

Looking into the distance, Skadi thought.

"This is one of the few times I've been far from the oceans. So to go as far as the deserts for the first time? As I feel that I am a bit out of my element, I do hope I am capable of catching up with the rest of you.

Oh, where are my manners? My name is Skadi of the Ocean Goddess Tribe, daughter of Idunn the Storm. I am one of their finest warrior-women, or so my peers say. I am an expert in wielding the Trident. I look forward to being in your care."

PlusUltra PlusUltra D4nimal D4nimal Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Crow Crow

• Vespa stretched his arms out as he was rearing to go, anxiously waiting to get started as the first of many trips lay before them. "So, seeing as this is going to be a trip and a half, perhaps we should discuss our strengths going forwards. For me, I can tame the wild monsters and rare demihuman provided I wrap this collar around them combined with the Shackle Capture magic."

Vespa then takes out a collar and shows it to the group as he smiled a tad. "And as far as demihumans go, I only capture ones that have bounties, are feral in nature, or have aligned with the demon lord. Of course if we happen to find a ride big enough for all of us, i could use my ability to cut down some travel time."

Then Vespa sweatdrops upon his next few sentences. "Suffice to say...I have no monsters or anything captured to my name so I'm quite nervous since I haven't successfully gotten something yet."

Arvant.png

The party advanced through the forest. It was a solemn day, hardly even the birds voiced their songs, as though the magnitude of the adventurer’s quest seemed to still even nature. The wind scarce blew and the day was still. The green leaves that covered the treetops were still, save the occasional flicker of life slipping through the branches. It was as though the whole world had taken a breath, holding it, waiting...the trail was quiet, the sole exception being the travelers. It wasn't until they had gone a stretch that the sounds of banging and hammering and the voices of men began to echo in the quiet world.

it was nearly half a day’s travel by foot when the party arrived at a village. One could already see preparations being made for war. On first sight, a wall of log and wood encircled the town, small ramparts and gates littered around the cardinal directions. Men carrying lumber walked out and around, large carts loaded with stone were pulled by oxen, even the young seemed to be helping in the efforts by shouldering buckets of water back and forth from their wells. With one layer, a wooden wall, completed, it seemed the next goal was stonework and mason.As the group came closer to the city, a guardsman just watching over everyone raised a hand, his voice calling out over the work, "Hail, travelers! Whilst I welcome you to Arvant, I hope I'm understood when I ask that you ignore the workers. Necessary work by order of the castle, Morningstar. You lot just see yourselves into town! If yer lookin' for a break, find yourselves to the Wyvern's Call. Best ale in this part of the plains and no softer beds outside the castle."

Last edited:
Scathach of Skye
Tags:
Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM D4nimal D4nimal SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Crow Crow Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel (Open)

7vmNtJX.png

The warmer climate was something Scathach could get used to, her former furs had long since been stored away leaving her traveling with only her armor and undergarments covering her upper body, though given the culture of her second upbringing it became apparent that her modesty had been eroded. Regarding the work going on around the village curiously for a few moments before turning to the guard who had spoken to them.

"Hail and Good Morn, We are on Business from the King and heading upwards to Vilissimus, Don't suppose you can spare some supplies to help us make our way there? Some of the others could use a steed or two maybe. It wouldn't be Charity naturally and id be willing to aid in the Masonry or other forms in the exchange of course"

Cal was excited to be arriving in Arvant. Much of his time he didn't get to travel very far from Morningstar, but finally he had abit of freedom even if it was because the world was in danger. The guard that had walked over had spoken to them, greeting them into Arvant.
"Hail, good sir! The lady is correct. We're on business from my father, Aurelio Morningstar."

Seeing men moving and doing work was quite interesting. He wondered what exactly they were preparing for, but he guessed it was almost certainly to do with preparing the village for the demons attack.
"If there is anything we can do to help, we'd be willing to." Cal said to the guardsman.
D4nimal D4nimal PlusUltra PlusUltra Crow Crow Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM

The party advanced through the forest. It was a solemn day, hardly even the birds voiced their songs, as though the magnitude of the adventurer’s quest seemed to still even nature. The wind scarce blew and the day was still. The green leaves that covered the treetops were still, save the occasional flicker of life slipping through the branches. It was as though the whole world had taken a breath, holding it, waiting...the trail was quiet, the sole exception being the travelers. It wasn't until they had gone a stretch that the sounds of banging and hammering and the voices of men began to echo in the quiet world.

it was nearly half a day’s travel by foot when the party arrived at a village. One could already see preparations being made for war. On first sight, a wall of log and wood encircled the town, small ramparts and gates littered around the cardinal directions. Men carrying lumber walked out and around, large carts loaded with stone were pulled by oxen, even the young seemed to be helping in the efforts by shouldering buckets of water back and forth from their wells. With one layer, a wooden wall, completed, it seemed the next goal was stonework and mason.As the group came closer to the city, a guardsman just watching over everyone raised a hand, his voice calling out over the work, "Hail, travelers! Whilst I welcome you to Arvant, I hope I'm understood when I ask that you ignore the workers. Necessary work by order of the castle, Morningstar. You lot just see yourselves into town! If yer lookin' for a break, find yourselves to the Wyvern's Call. Best ale in this part of the plains and no softer beds outside the castle."
Vespa looked at the town through the entrance. Though not as grand as expected, it was nonetheless homely enough for anyone to settle. "Yes, I think i'll take up the offer for a drink at the Wyvern's call later. Right now, however, the day is young, and if there is any work, perhaps we could help provided we recieve fair pay for it. Tis' only natural rewards come after a hard day's effort, truth be told."

Vespa also cleared his throat before speaking, as generally he's unused to asking strangers. "If there's a monster thats a bother during your preparations, I can wrangle it down you, amongst other things if its within acceptable boundaries."

• Vespa looked at the town through the entrance. Though not as grand as expected, it was nonetheless homely enough for anyone to settle. "Yes, I think i'll take up the offer for a drink at the Wyvern's call later. Right now, however, the day is young, and if there is any work, perhaps we could help provided we recieve fair pay for it. Tis' only natural rewards come after a hard day's effort, truth be told."

Vespa also cleared his throat before speaking, as generally he's unused to asking strangers. "If there's a monster thats a bother during your preparations, I can wrangle it down you, amongst other things if its within acceptable boundaries."

Guardsman.jpg

The guardsman listened to them each in turn until Cal. The young man seemed carefree as he let slip his linage so nonchalantly. The guardsman was quick to bow before him, stumbling over his words as he addressed the young man, "M-My lord, I was unaware of you coming to the town. I humbly apologize that we were not prepared to receive you. Had we of known, we would have been more prepared for your arrival." He stood up straight, "Please, find yourselves to the inn. I'll be to the town's head a summon you upon the arrival being completed. Forgive me, my lord." The guard turned and began to rush off through the gates of the town.

When the guardsmen mentioned his apology for being unaware that Cal wasn't going to be arriving he shook his head fervently.
"N-no I didn't mean it like that. It's fine, you seem like you got your hands full here."
Perhaps Cal shouldn't have mentioned his father so casually. He often forgot that he was a prince and people reacted this way. He often spent so much time around the castle that he never really felt like he was all too special or anything so whenever people gave him respect due to his lineage he typically felt uncomfortable.

Cal spoke to the others. He believed that going to the Inn as the others instructed would be a good idea, it would be nice to get comfortable and see what everyone had to say once they arrived in the Inn. At the very least they could try to make sure this village was prepared for the invasion.
"I agree with Vespa, we should head to the Wyvern's Call, I'm sure we could discuss everything once we arrive at the Inn."
He said motioning to Vespa and the Others.

D4nimal D4nimal PlusUltra PlusUltra Crow Crow Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel Matt l ttaM Matt l ttaM

Scathach of Skye
Tags:

7vmNtJX.png

Tilting ahead over to the side "Hmm guess so, might as well get some drinks in, maybe get a better feel of the local's view, sometimes that is a little different compared to the official stances" rolling her shoulders a little more before starting on her way to the tavern with the rest. Taking several wide strides on her way, she can't help but casually scan the other work and goings-on of the village outside of just its outward defences, after all, moral could be as important as everything else when things really kicked off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back