• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom I Was Made For Loving You Baby

She raised an eyebrow "Eddie I don't know why you're surprised." She pointed out, "I know I don't have to.... but my husband made a promise about old and grey on the front porch.... And you might be getting a few greys but I'm nowhere near it yet." She told him, leaving out the fact they both knew she had no greys only because she regularly had her hair done

Eddie gave a small nod and smirked some "I dunno....your mustache is coming in pretty nice and grey." He teased before shielding himself as she smacked him a bit "Ow! Ow! It was just a joke!" He said through laughs lowering his arms when she stopped "Oh come on don't be like that." He said when he noticed her pouting "You know I love you and think you're the most beautiful woman in the world even if you had a mustache."

She turned to face him then and just shook her head. “Right. You gotta learn when to stop.” She told him shaking her head and got up to go sleep in the guest room, taking her pillow with her.

Eddie frowned some when he saw her grab her pillow "Oh come on Carmen it was just a joke!" He called but sighed heavily when he heard the door slam.

She had planned to stay in the guest room all night but it got to around 2am and she had woken up struggling to breathe, getting up carefully and making her way to their room, going in and gently shaking him awake

Eddie grumbled softly but woke up easily. He never slept very hard when she wasn't there. He frowned when he made out her features and rubbed the sleep from his eyes "Carmen whats wrong?" He asked softly frowning when he finally heard her breathing "Shit, come sit down babe." He murmured turning on his bedside lamp and helping her sit on the bed "Give my hand a squeeze if we need the hospital."

She shook her head and leaned forward, "I don't... wanna scare... the kids." She wheezed out, shaking a little "I think it's just.... bronchitis." She told him before coughing for a solid few minutes, leaning into himas it finally started to ease up, resting her head on his shoulder, "I think I'm gonna come back. to bed." She mumbled frowning some

Eddie frowned heavily keepimg her close to him. As it passed he gave her a small nod kissong the top of her head "I'll go get your pillow. You stay here." He whispered

She nodded and frowned, waiting quietly until he got back, by that point in tears, shaking a little "I'm so worried about the kids Ed... We're both not doing great and the kids are still kids." She whimpered a bit, holding onto him tightly as he got into bed with her.

Eddie came back and frowned deeply holding her close to him as he got into bed with her "We'll figure this out okay? I'll be fine, and we'll figure out what this is with you." He said quietly kissing the top of her head repeatedly "We'll be here for them."

She just nodded and held onto him tightly for the rest of the night.

The six months following seemed to fly by and all seemed alright for the most part. They were now starting to discuss Eddie getting a new kidney but his doctors were being really positive about it and had assured them that he should be able to go through this just fine. Carmen had still been insisting that she do it and she had been at the hospital all morning, making sure that everything was good for her to give one to him but her car pulled into the drive while the boys were putting up halloween decorations with Julia, guessing she had her implant off cause they were all signing to each other. It was always endearing to her how much they cared about their sister but right now she was far from happy. She got out the car quietly and kissed each one on the head before going to find Ed in his home studio, smiling a little hearing the guitar until she walked in, knocking on the doorframe "Hey."

Eddie sat in the home studio just having a little jam out session to himself. He'd been doing okay recently, though the kidmey failure had definitely hindered his energy and how long he could go around. He was happy though and excited to be able to hopefully get the transplant. He looked over when he heard a knock followed by Carmen's voice. He placed his guitar down and gave a small smile "Hey beautiful."

She smiled a little and went to take a seat in front of him, taking his hands in hers tightly. “I got good news and bad news. Which do you want first?” She asked him quietly, swallowing a little.

Eddie frowned some and raised an eyebrow "Uh good news?" He said giving her hand a small squeeze "What did the doctors say?"

She smiled and brought his hands to her faces, “you still get a new kidney and the bad news doesn’t change the outcome of that.” She told him, fiddling with his rings

Eddie frowned more and gave another nod "Okay, so whats the bad news?" He asked giving her hands a squeeze "Sweetheart what is it?" He asked again

She swallowed hard and shook her head. “It’s uh… it’s not gonna be mine. Cause I’m too sick to do so… they got my results mixed up with someone else back when I passed out at the store… Ed it’s stage 4 lung cancer.” She told him quietly. “MRI lit up like a Christmas tree.” She told him quietly. “Which is why the inhalers and the cough medicine haven’t worked.” She explained. “Six months ago they could have done something about it…. Not anymore.” She told him gently.

Eddie gave a laugh shaking his head some "Very funny babe.." he said but frowned deeply seeing how serious she was. He took a deep breath letting a few tears fall "No....no this can't...no.." he whispered letting more tears fall "I'm gonna fucking sue that hospital, how the fuck do you get those results mixed up?!"

She bit down hard on her lip while she let him get the frustration out. “Can you uh… can you wait three months?” She asked him quietly, watching his face go through confusion until he got what she was saying. “Might be sooner… not likely to be more.” She told him quietly. “I just don’t want it to be near juniors birthday.” She told him quietly, starting to cry now and gripped his hands tighter.

Eddie frowned shaking his head some "I don't...I don't understand?" He whispered but went wide eyed when it finally clicked "No...no no no." He whispered pulling her close to him crying quietly with her.

She just held onto him tightly, burying her face into the crook of his neck and gripping his shirt tightly in a fist, sitting there for what felt like forever until junior was running into the room excited to tell them to come look at the decorations.

“Hey we got it all done you should come se… see… what’s wrong?” He asked frowning when he watched his dad just shut the door on him, going back out. “They’re both crying in there. I don’t know what’s going on.”

Eddie kept her close to him not saying a word. When he heard Junior's voice he got up completely on auto pilot and shut the door. He went back to Carmen and kept her close to him taking shaky breaths as he continued to cry.

Julia frowned having turned her implant back on "What?" She said before standing up "Well lets get something to drink, they'll come talk to us whem they're ready."

Eventually she pulled away and just wiped her face “We should go see what they’ve done with the decorations…. I don’t know that I’m ready to tell them though. Maybe…. I’m taking Julia for a girls lunch tomorrow. I’ll start with her tomorrow.” She told him quietly as she stood up and carefully pulled him up too.

Eddie gave her and small nod and wiped his eyes quickly. He sighed softly walking out with her "Yeah....that uh....that... sounds good." He whispered before walking out with her to look at the house.

She managed to get everyone calmed down and have a great family evening with them all, exhausted from the crying and the shit day so she just went straight to sleep curled up to him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back