• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

Lance smiled at the promise from Ruth, he wouldn’t be eager to leave his son but he was glad that his friends and family would look out for him. And it’d be much easier once Galahad had learnt all his hand signals. He was doing very well so far in picking it up and Lance was super proud of him. He gave his son an apologetic smile and signalled back a sorry, about to tell him there was food when the servants brought in breakfast. “Yeah, he’s picking it up fast” he agreed. “i wonder If he’ll be a chatterbox like I was when I was younger“ he mused. Galahad was still pretty young but maybe he’d follow in his father’s footsteps in his mannerisms.

Lance picked some of his food up and passed it to Galahad before he pulled his chair a bit closer to the table so it was easier for Galahad fo reach the plate. Galahad was quite good at feeding himself even if a bit messy at times. Lance simply picked up some bread to eat. “After he’s got the hang of the hand signals I’m hoping I can teach him to read lips” he admitted. “Not everyone will know how to talk to him and I want him to understand the world around him better” but obviously Just because he could understand other people, doesn’t mean they’d know how to underhand him. “And we’ve got to work on his writing” he added. “But it’s probably best if a tutor does that. I’ve been told my handwriting is not the easiest to read.” No it was loopy and cursive and poor Galahad might struggle with it. No, a tutor would be good for the boy and Lance had sent out the hand signal sheet to some potential candidates so they could could Communicate with Galahad on their own.

(when do you think he should get the letter? now? after the masquerade ball? hes obviously going to be really shocked, I can see him going all pale and needing to sit down. On the one hand I think he’s read it in private but on The other hand I think it’d be funny for Caleb or something to see his reaction to the letter and ask if he’s okay and he just has to pretend his whole world hasn't been turned upside down)

(Maybe we could have him get it now. I agree, I think it would be funny him just mentally panicking and Caleb just being concerned. )

Galahad luckily didn't need to much help eating. But Lance was right and the lad was a messy eater. Not bothering with any forks or anything. Oh well, They could just add that to his lesson plan. Caleb listened curiously to Lance as he talked. Musing. "It might also do him some good to put him with some kids his own age. It... Would be good for him to get used to handling other people. " She expressed. It would be good for him to get to play. For him to learn how to better interact with others. But Caleb did worry a bit for Galahad's future. It was hard to say what his life was going to end up being like. She couldn't imagine it would be a normal one. Not that Caleb would ever say that out loud.

Caleb then pointed out. "Maybe you could set him up on a playdate? I'm sure some of the other knights have kids close in age to him. " Lance would be able to keep a close eye on things to make sure they got along. Caleb then mused. "I could have Chris ask around to see if he knows anyone. " Chris had plenty of friends. He'd probable be willing to help. Though then again. Chris always seemed rather tense around Lance. Actively seemed to be avoiding him lately. Shame, Caleb had hoped they'd get along.

(And it’s not like he can even explain to her. She’d ask why he’s so worried about what is supposed to be good news and that would just give it all away. He’s got literally no one to talk to about this as the only people who know are Gaheris and Merlin.
What would you reckon Caroline’s letter contains? Like obviously she mentioned she’s pregnant but should she tell him to move on, try and find someone else as this is a wake up call or anything like that?)

Caleb made a good point, Galahad needed some friends. The only child he really saw with any regularity around the castle was Gavin’s daughter to be honest but he probably shouldn’t suggest that and he wasn’t sure they were there yet anyway in the realms of trust. The mention of Chris was…souring. He knew Chris was avoiding him and he obviously knew why but he wished Chris would just get over himself and accept his help. He wasn't trying to be rude or mean, Lance genuinely wanted to help him but Chris didn’t seem capable of admitting he needed the help. “I know lots of knights too you know” Lance murmured, he was popular himself but he was soon nodding his agreement, “but that sounds like a good idea“ Maybe another knight would just agree to get some free babysitting but it’d be good for Galahad to interact with others and hopefully for some other children to pick up on this sign language early in so he could communicate with them as they grew up and would Be extra useful if they both became knights. Okay he was getting ahead of himself a bit there but he Just wanted the best for his son, and for him to follow in his footsteps.

A servant was soon entering “there’s a letter addressed to Lance” He got up, placing Galahad in the chair on his own and tucking him in a little so he could reach the food better and going to take the letter from the servant with a frown. He didn’t get mail that often. A quick glance was explanation enough though, he recognised the curve of Arthur’s handwriting and he hesitated for only a second before opening it, unable to help himself. He wanted to know how his friend was doing, of course, but he also desperately wanted to hear word from or about Caroline. He knew he’d vowed to try and get over her, that he had something, whatever it was, going on with Gavin but he couldn’t control the way his heart sped up or his stomach fluttered slightly at the thought of her. Maybe they hadn’t been together long but it had been intense and enough for Lance to know he loved her. He realised that whatever was in this letter would not be word for word what they would want to say, Arthur was wise enough to not incriminate them with words alone, as such he wasn’t expecting declarations of affection or anything explicitly longing but it’d be nice to just hear from her.

Lance skimmed Arthur’s letter, it told of them arriving safely and among other things there was mention of Silas and how he seemed to have gotten the wrong impression from Lance and had seemingly developed some sort of infatuation. Interesting if a bit uncomfortable and now possibly outdated. He was soon getting to Caroline’s letter within, he'd been careful not to drop it when opening out the letters. Was it silly of him that just seeing her handwriting made him happy? He was probably grinning like an idiot but his good mood was soon shattered when he got to the actual content of the letter. One word stood out to him amongst all others. Pregnant. He couldn’t take his eyes off of it. Normally he felt he was quite good at controlling the emotions he displayed but he couldn’t control the smile slipping off his face or the sudden paleness which had overtaken him. He felt faint, dizzy. Was the room spinning? It felt like the room was spinning. This was bad news. His father was going to kill him. Alexander was actually going to kill him, behead him or something. How stupid was he to have knocked up a princess? Okay, no, wait, he didn’t know this baby was his, except she was pointedly telling him about it and yeah the dates definitely matched up but it could still be Arthur’s! God he hoped it was Arthur’s! In different circumstances this would’ve had him over the moon, he loved Galahad, had talked about having another child one day and he loved Caroline too, a child between them would have been a wonderful thing, except for the fact that this child couldn’t know, no one could know. It put his life at risk. Caroline wouldn't get off easy either and he didn’t want to know what might happen to this child if anyone found out. He was such an idiot, he should’ve learned from Galahad to be more careful but no, he’d been too wrapped up in the whirlwind romance and now he was going to be a father again to a baby he could never really know and his father was going to strangle him then never speak to him again, Alexander would make his execution public and poor Galahad would be left all alone. Oh, he didn’t remember it being this difficult to breathe Or his legs being this wobbly. Caroline was pregnant, that was literally all that was floating around his head, swirling and whirling with Nothing else. He felt sick.

(Oh gosh, Poor Lance is struggling. I figure Caroline would be pretty vague in the letter. But she would have told him that she's okay but scared. And I think she would have encouraged him to move on. This is dangerous after all and I think she'd realize they needed to go there seperate ways. )

Caleb couldn't help but feel a bit amused. Luckily Lance seemed willing to accept the help. Chris might not be the most eager to provide it though! Hey, Maybe this would in the end help smooth the two's relatonship. Yeah, What could go wrong. It was then Lance was soon pulled away from talking to the little group when a letter arrived. No big deal, Galahad was well enough behaved and both girls were happy to keep a eye on the lad. Little Galahad being fairly good at feeding himself.

Except, Things were taking a dark turn. Neither noticed at first. But eventually Caleb was glancing up. Lance's posture had changed. Become tenser. "Lance? " She started. Frowning, Because that expression. Caleb recognized it as panic. She had seen it before. It looked much like when Lance had once had a panic attack when he'd lost Galahad. Thus Caleb was quickly on alert. Ruth didn't pick up on it as quickly. Not until she focused on him more. But Caleb then was standing up. Glancing towards Ruth and gesturing for her to keep a eye on Galahad.

Caleb then was making her way over towards Lance. Reaching forward to put a hand on his arm. "Hey? What happened? Are you okay? " The letter clearly had him startled. Had someone died? Briefly Caleb worried that maybe Galehaut or Arthur had perished. But had it been Arthur they all would have probable been made aware. Perhaps it was rash to assume someone was dead. But well, Lance looked like he was staring at a ghost!

(Yeah, it’s a bit of a reality check for them that this is serious and they really can’t afford to be together in case they get caught. Although once she comes back Lance is definitely going to feel that draw again and probably won’t be able to stay away)

He needed to calm down otherwise he was going to have a heart attack or something. He was shocked and scared and worried, bittersweet and guilty and sorry, he’d caused this trouble but he wasn’t the only one paying for it. It was going to affect the lives of Caroline, Arthur, this child and himself amongst others. Arthur really needed to have had a child with Caroline, Alexander had made that explicitly clear and now he’d mucked it up, of all the people to have an affair with he’d really had to choose a future queen. He‘d known it was dangerous and admittedly stupid but he guessed he hadn’t quite realised the full ramifications of it, that he’d affected a whole bloodline, changed the potential course of next in line to the throne, that he’d essentially committed treason with a grin on his face.

His mind was too busy whirring for him to hear Caleb call his name, he couldn’t ignore her as she got closer though. He flinched as he was touched, snapping the letter shut as a reflex before internally wincing, as if that wasn’t super obvious and suspicious. “I’m fine” he promised and he realised how strangled he sounded so he forced a smile onto his face and tried again. “I’m fine” he insisted but his face was still pale and he didn’t think he was fooling anyone. The only thing was, what was he going to lie about? He didn’t know what he could say that would have reasonably made him react like that. Maybe Caleb would drop it, respect his privacy, or maybe she’d pry in an attempt to help him.

He took a deep breath although did his best to disguise it and went to fold the letter more neatly and put it into his pocket. Out of sight, out of mind. Thats what they said didn’t they? Except he had the feeling it’d be a burning a hole in his pocket instead, fingers already itching to pull it back out and reread it in case he’d misread it or something, to double check the maths or just to check he wasn’t dreaming, or having a nightmare. But no, he restrained himself from doing so and instead walked back towards his son. “So we gonna start sparring or what? Get the day going” he suggested although maybe it wasn’t wise for him to be using a sword in his current, distracted state, but Lance hoped it might take him mind off it if he was being honest.

(Yeah, I think Caroline will be the same way. Not able to help wanting to see him. I doubt either of them will ever fully move on. )

The flinch took Caleb by surprise. Staring worried up at him, His fear was obvious. But it seemed he was trying to muffle it. When they both knew very much he wasn't fine. He was soon enough moving away from her. Before she could further question him. Caleb frowned for a moment. Quietly thinking before she looked towards Ruth. Saying. "I... Suppose Lance is right, You should go get ready. " She told the young woman. Watching as Ruth obviously wanted to argue. She herself a bit concerned about Lance. But in the end she nodded and hurried off.

Leaving Lance, Galahad and Caleb alone. Which well. Caleb planned to take advantage of. Walking forward. She then told Lance. "Something scared you. I don't know what it was. And I won't pry. But... Just... I'm here, If you need anything. " She didn't want to just let the matter go so easily. But there was only so much she could do. By now, Even little Galahad had looked up. Luckily Galahad had not noticed his fathers state. But he did see the worried look on Caleb's face. And that seemed to cause him to worry. For the boy was soon standing up in his chair and reaching up for Lance.

Caleb watched him for a moment. Before reaching up and ruffling Galahad's hair. Caleb might not be able to provide Lance any help. But hopefully Galahad's presence might be of some comfort. Caleb then moved her hand to her chest, Trying to light the mood a bit as she said. "Just tell me who's *ss you need kicked and I'm ready. " She teased. Yeah, Agravain would not be happy if Lance sent her to go fight someone for him.

(yeah and this child was remind them of what they had and what their lives could’ve been like had the circumstances been different. And Would they really be able to resist each other forever? I can see them ‘relapsing’ and struggling to stick to what they said.

When it does get revealed in the future that the princess is actually Lance’s child how do you think Caleb is going to take it? Disapproving I’d guess but do you think she’ll be a bit betrayed that he lied for all those years even though the reason why is obvious. )

Lance could sense the sudden tension in the air, the uneasiness as they realised he was not going to tell them what had made him react so. It did make him feel bad, they were his friends and they shared with him, but this was different and so much more dangerous and he was allowed for keep some things to himself, even if his stomach was roiling and his nerves were all over the place. Caleb sent Ruth off and he wondered if he was about to get interrogated but Caleb seemed like she was going to respect his privacy.

He glanced at her before he decided that was too difficult and averted his gaze, trying to steady himself a little, calm his heart down and get back to normal. Even if nothing would ever be normal again. He smiled gently at the support and picked up his son, holding him close. Galahad was both a comfort and also stressed him out a bit further because he was a constant reminder of him having now two children out of wedlock. Lance knew he needed to stop assuming the baby was going to be his but he figured that they all assumed that, fixated on the worse case scenario.

”thanks, but fighting won’t help me” he said and oh, he was tempted To tell her, he wanted someone to talk to about this, to reassure him, let him get it off his chest so it’d stop crushing him but no, he couldn’t. As much as he trusted Caleb, he wasn’t sure how she’d react over this, he’d committed treason and her sense of duty might override her friendship with him. Plus, it was a lot to burden her with, she had enough going on as it was, and if she accidentally let slip to Agravain whilst drunk or something? He was done for. It’d be much safer if he didn’t tell anyone, even if it was eating him up inside. “I appreciate the offer of help but there’s nothing you’d be able to do” he sighed, pushing Galahad’s hair back from his forehead to give him a kiss snd then a quick smile to reassure his son and keep him calm. “Maybe one day I’ll talk about it but for now? I’d like to remain a man of mystery” he said with a smirk and he was looking a bit more normal now, he was still shaken inside but the initial shock was receding and worried acceptance was setting in. “besides, I like hearing whats going on with you better” he added. “You’ve not come to the master for advice recently!” He pointed out, whereas before she’d been asking him about whether she should get together with Agravain or not, maybe he should be careful of what he wished for as she might bring up their bedroom antics. He went to lead them outside so they could spar, wondering where Melodias had gotten to, he figured a good opponent would take his mind off things and hopefully reset his mood.

(Yeah, I can see that happening from time to time too. Like they just can't help themselves. As for Caleb. She'll certainly give Lance a scolding. But she wouldn't feel betrayed. I could totally see her helping him escape. Like everyones searching the castle grounds for him, And her just smuggling him out of the castle. )

Seemed whatever troubled Lance wasn't something they could just hit. Shame, Caleb would happily pick up a sword for him should he need her by his side. "Still might make you feel better. " She said playfully. Lance seemed to have settled luckily. Galahad clinging to his father. Caleb couldn't help a soft laugh at his next words. Caleb then mused. "Remain? I never considered you a man of a mystery! " He seemed much the type to wear his heart on his sleeve. But Caleb would let him hold his secrets. Walking at his side towards the training yard.

Seemed he wanted to move the topic to herself. Probable to get the focus off himself. Caleb then snickered. "I don't think you have much advice you can give me on this. " She said, Gesturing towards her stomach. Caleb then said. "Tho I suppose you would be a good ear to complain to. " She hummed. So, Caleb figured she'd do just that. Complain. "My back hurts, Its impossible to get comfortable. Dad and Agravain are far to clingy and Sitting around is driving me stir crazy. " She was so ready to get back to work. But everyone was likely tired of hearing that.

Stepping outside, Caleb noted that they were first to arrive. Ruth probable was going upstairs to get properly dressed to train. Her dress wasn't exactly proper sparring attire. Thus Caleb continued. "But other then that. I suppose things are good. I think Agravain might be slowly starting to warm up to Chris. " She mused. Or well, He certainly tolerated Chris. Didn't seem to be threatening him or anything. Caleb then mused. "Gaheris has also been being slightly less of a d*ck lately. " She told. Truly, Caleb would have thought he'd be more behaved. Considering Gawain had been his mentor, But often Gaheris just seemed so bitter with the world.

(Ah I’m glad, itll be nice for her To be on his side although obviously Agravain won’t be. And it’ll be difficult for Arthur because he’ll have to pretend to be against Lance When really he’s on his side and try to find a way to reasonably stop the hunt for him and protect Caroline from any backlash, whilst also comforting the children, it’s going to be busy for him. Do you think Galahad would try snd help track down his father or ask to not get involved? Obviously hes going to refuse to go with Lance when he escapes but Lance is still his father so he might not want to aid in bringing him in)

Wow, how Caleb wounded him so! He was such a man of mystery’s, he had secretes that she didn’t even know about! Well duh, otherwise they wouldn’t be secrets but she only knew him now, she didn’t know his past nor many of his secrets. But at the same time she wasn’t wrong, Lance was quite free with his emotions and didnt tend to hide his true self. Lance made a face as she gestured towards her belly, yeah she was probably right, he couldn’t give too much advice on pregnancy. Maybe she should ask him a question about swords instead?

Poor Caleb, he could understand how all that could annoy her. There wasn’t really much he could do to help though. “Maybe you should get your husband to give you a backrub” he murmured, put Agravain lingering around to good use. “And then send him off to do some errands” like going to castle or shopping. “I know he wants to stay around you, it’s hard to blame him, but he also can’t seem to say no to you so that one way to get rid of him. As for your father? Well hopefully once I talk to mine he might get a bit busy. But you can always spend time with me, maybe he’ll be content knowing you’re with someone?” He suggested, although maybe she wanted some alone time with her thoughts, well she could always lie and say she was with Lance, he would back up her story should she ask him to.

Ah, Agravain and Chris. Would Agravain remain friendly, or what was considered friendly for Agravain, if he knew Chris’ feelings? Lance didnt know, didn’t want to find out and honestly Chris should be glad Lance wasn’t More vindictive and petty otherwise he might’ve told Agravain out of spite of Chris being so rude to him. “Well that’s good I suppose. At this rate Agravain’s going to lose his reputation” Lance murmured, Caleb really had calmed him down and tamed him, although maybe once the baby was born and Agravain was around the castle more he’d go back to being intimidating, might be difficult if he toting around a little baby though, sort of ruined the image of a hulking, glowering knight. The news about Gaheris was truly a surprise and oh, Gaheris knew. Lance could only hope that once Gaheris learned of Caroline’s pregnancy he wouldn’t put two and two together and figure out it could be Lance’s child, he knew they’d had an affair but he didn’t necessarily know it had been going on whilst they met up on the road! But Gaheris always thought the worst of him so he probably, correctly, assumed so already. “Mmm, he is such a sour soul” Lance mused, he understood that Gaheris was troubled, even if he wasn’t aware of all the troubles, but he really did take it to the next level. “I don’t tend to cross paths with him too much“ thankfully or his secret would likely come out. “But maybe it’s his new title as knight? Mightve Made him feel more important, not so much in the shadows of Gawain and Agravain. “ he suggested. “Can you imagine having two older, successful knights as brothers? I mean Agravain is well recognised, a decent fighter and quite memorable but Gawain? He’s fantastic, one of the best knights I’ve ever met, known far and wide plus he’s popular, he’s good at charming people even if he’s not meaning to” Yeah, he’d been a good friend to Lance until he hadn’t been, although he’d been a bit pushy with Caleb but that and been to do with his brothers and family, still showed there was a different side to him. “It must be difficult trying to live up to just one of their reputations, but both? Especially for an Ordinary knight like Gaheris” yeah, he wasn’t overly talented, or popular or even the most handsome knight. On his own he was an alright knight but in comparison with his brothers he seemed inadequate, an oddity in the bloodline. “I can see how that could turn someone bitter. Obviously I would never have that problem, I’m far too good, sometimes i Astound myself!” He said with a grin but he was being playful, he Wasn’t quite that cocky. “But his attitude problem is still insane. I’m glad he’s been less of a hassle recently, hopefully he continued to get better, Gawain not constantly hovering over him might be doing some good too” maybe all Gaheris needed was a bit of freedom? ”hopefully Ruth has experienced the same thing” he’d have to ask her once she came back if Gaheris had been any better with her.

(do you think they would’ve talked to the king by now and have her freed? and do you reckon her brother has visited much?)

(Yeah, It'll be a mess for everyone. I can imagine Galahad not being completely sure what to do, Then going on the search for Lance. Maybe encountering him but letting him go. Because he just can't bring himself to actually capture Lance.
As for Ruth, I imagine she's already been freed. With her brother visiting from time to time, But he's probable trying to keep his distance until she's ready to see him. )

Caleb couldn't help but snort in amusement at his suggestion. A backrub did sound nice. But well, Things often seemed to escalate into something more frisky whenever such happened. Best not to bring that up to Lance. "I'm sure I can think up some errands for him. It shouldn't be too difficult. " It might do him good to get out of the house. She then smiled softly. "Agravain I might be able to send away for a bit. I think Dad will be a even more difficult matter. " She understood his worry though. Even if it got a bit frustrating from time to time.

Caleb then grinned at Lance. "Mm.. See, You didn't think I could handle my dog. Did you? " She said playfully nudging him. But, Agravain was still a dangerous man. Still remained that to those outside his family. Still, Caleb did like when he got feisty from time to time. Was fun to put him back in his place. The topic soon was more focused on Gaheris though. Lance's words caused Caleb the shake her head disapprovingly. "Maybe, But that jealousy doesn't give him any excuses. He acts like a spoiled child. " He was cruel to everyone around him it seemed. Perhaps he'd get more recognition if he actually behaved himself.

Lance did have a way of amusing her. A soft laugh came from her at his next words. Confident as ever it seemed. She was soon opening her mouth to reply when she noticed the door opening and Ruth stepping outside. The young woman was in a shirt and pants. Attempting to pull her hair up into a ponytail to keep it out the way. Grinning as she looked up at Lance and Caleb.
Caleb couldn't help but find it a strange sight from time to time. Ruth dressed up to train. Obviously such clothing used for such was more masculine. Caleb couldn't help but wonder if others saw her in the same light. But, While Ruth was in a change of clothes. It was purely for the practicality of it. She wasn't trying to hide her gender. Was still clearly feminine. She was a lady wearing clothes for practicing. Nothing more, Nothing less. Was that the case for herself? Caleb never could truly see herself as such. It was a difficult subject and Caleb shook her head to be rid of the thoughts. Instead musing. "Well, You're looking ready to go. " She said gently. Which caused Ruth to grin. The girl questioning. "I am ready! Whats first?! " She asked, Excitement in her tone.

(Aw yeah, he’ll probably be conflicted. Maybe he’ll want answers more than anything else. And I can see Lance not wanting to fight his son but at the same time i can see him warming Galahad to walk away as he won’t let him take him in And he won’t go easy on him. Obviously Galahad is a capable fighter and will in some instances be able to beat Lance but neither of them probably want it to come to that.

okay thanks. glad she’s finally free. Her not being Gaheris’ slave any more probably makes it easier for them to be a bit more friendly with each other as there’s not so much if a power imbalance and now he’s not being such a terror)

Caleb probably wasn’t the only one going stir crazy so getting rid of Agravain might not be that difficult, especially if he thought she was with Melodias. As for her father himself? “I’m sure we’ll think of something” maybe Ruth could distract him? Or Lance whilst Caleb hung out with Ruth instead. Lance made another face as she referenced her nickname for Agravain, he was relatively aware she used such terms in the bedroom, he’d heard enough murmurs and gossip about what they were into and it’s not that he wasn’t used to hearing about the love lives and bedroom antics of knights, he just wasn’t used to one knight saying it about the other knight! Oh, they were so going to embarrass their children. “do you talk about him like that when your father’s around?” He asked her curiously, or was she more careful with her words? He had a funny thought of Agravain being embarrassed by it though. Agravain wasn’t an easily flustered man but father in law getting some idea of their private lives? Yeah that might do it.

Lance agreed, he wasn't trying to excuse Gaheris, simply understand what had messed him up so. He knew they didn’t have the full picture though. Gaheris certainly was spoilt, as much as he loved in the shadow of his brothers’ legacy, he‘d been raised and doted on by them, their bloodline and his brothers’ success had made him think he was above others and thus made him look down on those he didn’t think they same of.

Ruth was soon returning and Lance couldn’t help but find her grin infectious. It was so much nicer to see her freer these days, she had some things to actually enjoy and she had to worry less about Gaheris nowadays. He was glad they’d come across Ruth, even if it hadn’t been rainbows all the way and she’d been separated from Evie, at least she was now free and among friends and occasionally family. “Well, I’d like to check if you actually remember what you’ve already learnt” Lance suggested, he knew she was probably expecting a spar with a big weapon like a sword or something but Lance would like to test her self defence first. He’d taught her a few things, as well as some offensive moves of how to fight back, and he’d like to make sure she hadn’t forgotten them. Lance pulled out his dagger with a flourish but was soon setting it down on a table. He wasn’t sure it was wise for him to use an actual weapon, if they were to be in close combat and she didn’t remember then he didn’t want to accidentally stab her if he expected her to move out of the way. “You still got the dagger I gave you?” He asked, he would assume so but whether she had it in her person or not…. “You can borrow that one if not” he told her, moving away from Caleb a bit into some empty space for sparring. He scanned the ground before picking up a blunt bit of bark. “Aha, en guarde“ he joked. “Beware my dagger, tis as sharp as a tiger’s claw” seemed he’d found a make do dagger which wouldn’t hurt her. Not that he didn’t believe in her skills he just really did not want To stab her and she was still just learning. Most of the moves would probably be grabs and fake punches, just them wrestling really. “Come on” he beckoned. “Why don’t you try attacking me and then when I inevitably flip the tables, let’s see how long you last” he suggested with a grin.

(Oh, They both are going to be struggling. I can also imagine Caroline's going to be having a tough time. Like its a issue that they'll have to address. Atleast Caroline will likely have some protection considering she's Silas's sister. They can't really hurt her without causing a whole lot of issues with Silas's homeland. )

Caleb simply chose to grin at Lance's question. Luckily for everyone Caleb did tend to become a bit more tame around her father. She didn't exactly want to speak about such topics in front of him! If Melodias knew anything about the couples antics, He didn't mention it thankfully. The topic was soon on Ruth though. Seemed they were going to have a little spar. Such would surely be interesting and Caleb couldn't help but wonder if Lance would allow Ruth to get a hit in. The girl quickly nodded at his words. "Always. " She informed, As she reached to her belt to retrieve her dagger. It was something she tried to always keep close at hand. Frankly, It was comforting to have some sort of weapon for self defense on her.

Lance's own choice of weapons wasn't as sharp. The sight causing Caleb's expression to turn to amusement. Ruth soon scurrying after the man and teasing. "Pfft, You're boasting a lot old man. I aint worried. " Yeah, They both knew if this was a real fight Ruth would be on the losing end. But she liked this teasing and playing. Soon adjusting her stance as she'd been taught. Then she was launching forward. Aiming a swipe at Lance, She didn't try to back away after. Continuing to press forward.

Caleb kept quiet on the side lines, Observing. Ruth did have some fighting experience, In that she had been in fist fights before. Life hadn't exactly been the easiest for her. She'd also had taken quickly to any lessons given to her. But Caleb could still note plenty of flaws. She also hadn't practiced the moves nearly enough for them to come natural. Lance likely could tell what she was going to do before she did them. But she wasn't doing bad. She just needed more practice. Though she'd certainly get plenty of that once they found her a mentor.

(Yeah it’s just going to be a big mess and Arthur’s going to be trying to figure out a way to pardon them both because he’s not angry and he obviously knew. How do you think Galahad will react to Caroline, confront her perhaps? I can see her having to be guarded, like they can’t just Chuck her straight in a cell but Arthur feels he should do something to appease the public but also half to protect her so Galahad could potentially guard her at some stage but it might be a bit weird for him knowing shes the mother of his newly discovered sister. Or maybe he’ll be curious about why they were so stupid.

Also this spar, I think it’d be quite funny if Lance let her get a hit in so she she just punches him but her punch is way harder than he expected. And if Melodias joins he can also manage to knock Lance off his feet. I know he’s meant to be basically untouchable but i think him being got twice in one day will just show how off kilter he’s feeling)

Good, she still had the dagger. He narrowed his eyes playfully at her “I thought about letting you win until you called me old” he sniffed. Lance dodged her blade swipes almost lazily, stepping backwards and swaying out of the way as he watched her move carefully. He waited for her weight to be shifted forwards, committed to movement of the dagger, before going to grab her wrist and slam it into his upcoming knee in the aim that the resulting pain and nerve shock would cause her to loosen her grip and potentially drop the dagger.

He moved closer after that, using his other hand to sweep high with his ‘blade’ and then returning again lower in a curved slash, trying to keep her close to him with the grip of her wrist, making it harder for her to dodge his moves. He did let go of her wrist though, when he thought she might be shifting her weight, hoping to send her stumbling backwards, surprised by the sudden lack of resistance and he moved forward again but this time aiming with a fist towards her stomach. Obviously he wasn’t actually going to punch her with any real degree of force, would wait for her to be more experienced before he actually got too rough with her. Lance remained full on as he then went to lift his knee again, would’ve probably broken her nose of he’d punched her properly and she’d been doubled over. And then he was going to grab her and flip her over his hip with her hopefully ending up on the ground. Of course if she countered or gripped him well enough then either that wouldn’t happen or he’d end up going with her then they could really tussle in the dirt.

(I feel like Galahad won't fully know how to handle the situation. But most of his frustration would be targeted at Lance. His sister tho? I can see her feeling like her whole world is crashing around her. Probable would be furious with her mother.
I can't blame Lance for being off his game! Yeah! lets do it. I feel like Melodias might pick up that his head isn't in the game. Will definitely point it out. )

Lance was a skilled man, And Ruth stood little chance of getting a hit in on him. But she certainly put her all into it! Alas before she knew it her knife was clattering to the ground. Forcing her to try and scramble back and away from his attacks. Sadly his grip on her wrist was firm. Then he was releasing her. Which well, Ruth didn't expect and was stumbling backwards. All in all, It didn't take long before Ruth was on the ground in the dirt. Seeming surprised by how quickly such had went down. The scene was enough to cause Caleb to snicker. But she soon was moving closer to the group. Just as Ruth was sitting up. Pouting for a moment before hopping to her feet. Squeaking. "Lets go again! " She stated eagerly.

Caleb though was soon waving her hand. Saying gently. "Slow down. I think we should go over what just happened first. " Caleb figured it best to give the young lady pointers. Thus she then said. "Lets work on how to get out of that grab first off. " Thus she held out her hand. Saying softly. "Take hold of my wrist and I'll show you what to do. " Such seemed to take Ruth by surprise. But she was soon nodding. Taking Caleb's wrist. And well, It didn't take long before Caleb was explaining. "First off, Always remember you have another hand you can hit with. But- For actually getting out of the grab. You want to twist and lift your arm towards the others thumb. Like this. " She was explaining. Before quickly doing such.

Such would likely be a good thing for Ruth to know in general. The girl seemed happy to take in the lesson. But was soon asking. "I'm glad to know more about the self defense stuff. But how do I actually hit him. " Melodias and Lance had been teaching her the basic. But it seemed in practice that Lance was simply to fast for her. She wanted to be able to go on the offensive! Right now that felt like something far away.

(Yeah I can see that, her whole world will have been turned upside down and it’d help to have someone to blame and Lance won’t exactly be around for)

Ruth was not one to be kept down, she was straight back up and ready to go again. That was a good quality if a bit foolish for her to try and leap straight back in without any real change. Caleb was helping her out though and Lance watched them. Lance raised an amused eyebrow at Ruth’s words and paused for a moment before decided that yes, he would be a brat. “You don’t” he told her. “As for hitting other people? Use their moves and momentum against them. Like that grab, it forces you to be close to your opponent, but not just that, it forces your opponent to be close to you. Make that a problem for them” he instructed. “That sort of distance you can get in some good offensive moves”

”a heavier or stronger person could use that grip to force their opponent into trouble, like a tug forward into their fist, but you probably won’t be able to do that” she wasn’t the strongest or heaviest. “But you could get in a nice kick to the groin or a punch to the throat” he told her. “That’ll likely make them release you, not always but the natural reactions to those are generally those of surprise” He explained and moved a bit closer. “And you know how to make a proper fist, remember you don’t want to tuck your thumb in otherwise you might break it”

“to get a proper hit in though, It’s best to distract your opponent or make them guess. I know you’re just starting out but it’s easy to read what your next move is going to be, I can practically see you thinking it. So, be unpredictable, make them think you’re doing one thing and then do another. A good fighter thinking Of the move just made, the one being made and those 5 steps later. It’s good to know where you attack can lead, how your opponent will naturally react so you can be there to get them again. Like if you damaged someone knee, they’ll buckle so you can react preemptively to get them on their way down” Maybe it was a bit much for her at the moment though.

”Cmon, let’s go again and I’ll be more reasonable this time” he promised. “You try and get me in a hold or something, I’ll go to break out of it and then see if you can stop me” he suggested. It’d be good for her to learn chokes and how to pin people. He wanted her to learn how to carry through offensive moves though and for that to happen she had to succeed in the first place.

Ruth couldn't help but pout at Lance's words. Oh, She was so going to hit him one day! But luckily he was soon giving her advice. Making suggestions for things she could do and Ruth eagerly listened. Though putting his words into practice sounded a bit difficult. Ruth was ready for the challenge. Lance seemed ready to go again. Willing to take it easier on Ruth and she was excited to give it another try. But he was instructing her to grab him. But Ruth wrinkled her nose. Looking him up and down in debate. Clearly trying to think up the best way to go about such. The action causing Caleb to snicker. "Ruth, You'll need to learn to just move. You can't stand there just thinking about what to do. " Caleb expressed. Causing Ruth to frown. "I know! I'm just getting ready! " She expressed.

Ruth then seemed to settle on a plan. Her best method with Lance she figured was taking him by surprise. So, without warning she was rushing forward. Hopeful to try and simply tackle him and knock him onto the ground. Then she could simply try to pin him down! He likely wouldn't be expecting that.

Caleb watched in amusement. Moving away. Such likely wasn't a good idea, Ruth might get Lance on the ground. But the man would probable be able to easily flip things around. Still, Caleb decided to stand a bit further back and simply observe. Pausing when she heard the sound of footsteps. Glancing behind her, Caleb grinned as she caught sight of Melodias. The man slowing down beside her and taking in the scene. Before looking to Caleb and murmuring softly. "I see you've all started training bright and early. " He couldn't say he was surprised to see such. Caleb was soon giving him a nod. Gesturing to Ruth. "We figured it would be good for Ruth to do a bit of practicing. " Earning a small hum of agreement from Melodias. The man looking back towards the scene before saying. "She's doing good. But she's going to need to learn she can't brute force everything. She hasn't got the size for that. " She needed to keep in mind that Lance outweighed her and well, Was frankly stronger then her.

Ruth needed to learn to think on her feet, and to also make certain things instinct but hopefully that would come in time. She was soon settling on a tactic and Lance watched her rush towards him. He contemplated tripping her over or redirecting her momentum and sending her tumbling back the way he came, it was hardly the best offence but no, he let her tackle him, if only so he could teach her that getting your opponent on the floor wasn’t the end of the fight. He did have time to brace himself though as she went into him, so less air was knocked out of his lungs.

Once on the ground, Lance worked on flipping them and going to pin Ruth down. “This forces us to be close, so while I’m distracted with pinning down one part, you can try and get me with the other” he explained. Based on his position itd probably be hard for her to kick him but she could try and flip them again, assuming she could get enough force behind her which might be hard with Lance almost sitting on her. He went to grab her arms, focusing in particular on her right hand, he figured if he could grab her left arm he’d keep his grip loose, give her a chance to fight back although again he made it awkward for her as right hands were usually the dominant hand.

Lance even decided to give her a bigger opening, turning his face away to look at the newly arrived Melodias. That meant his eyes weren't on her, even if he was aware of her. ”you and me are going A round next” Lance insisted to Melodias, giving Ruth good access to his cheek, jaw and neck in case she planned on fighting back, he also allowed the rest of his grip to weaken a bit so she thought that he was distracted and leaving himself open for her. They just had to see how Ruth might take advantage of the situation, or would she be polite and wait for Lance to get his head back in the spar, not that it actually left.

Ruth was given a moment of glee as her plan seemed to work. Lance was knocked onto the ground with Ruth on top of him. Alas the girl wasn't given much time to revel in her success. Because then things were being flipped and Lance was practically sitting on top of her. Gripping her arms and Ruth couldn't help but pout a bit. The action seeming fairly easy for him. But Lance was willing to still give advice. Except soon then was seemingly getting distracted. His words earning a eyebrow raise from Melodias. But, Lance likely would need to focus soon. Because Ruth was quick to take advantage of the distraction. Yanking her arm free and aiming to punch Lance in the throat. What? Seemed like a good place to hit. Would hopefully stun him enough to allow her to free herself. Which Ruth was soon aiming to do. Attempting to then push Lance and hopefully flip them back around so that she was on top.

Caleb watched in amusement. Saying softly. "Well, It seems Lance is excited to go a round with you. " Caleb wasn't sure who'd she'd bet on. Probably her father. Melodias tilted his head, Studying Lance before saying. "I suppose I am curious to see if he lives up to his reputation. " Lance was known to be a brilliant warrior. Melodias had seen him do a few practice spars. But this would be his first time really putting him to the test. Melodias did not plan to go easy on him.

Caleb then asked curiously. "Do you think you can take him? " Melodias had plenty of skill to him, But so did Lance. The man seemed to mull over the question. Before deciding. "We'll see. He's skilled. Thats for sure, But far too over confident. " Melodias had a feeling that one day, That might come back to bite Lance. But for now, Atleast such would lead to a entertaining fight.

Lance’s ‘distraction’ was soon being taken advantage if and he was aware that she was going to punch him. It didn’t stop his body’s shock though. He was expecting maybe a clip on the jaw or a harsh shove but no, she was going straight for his throat and wow did she have a strong punch, stronger than he was expecting but he probably hadn’t factored in that she had extra muscle from her own scraps and slave duties. Lance was soon choking, his windpipe suffering from the blow and he didn’t fight as she flipped them, a little more concerned with coughing for his life. He stay collapsed on the ground, wondering about his life choices whilst he suffered from that attack.

Once he’d recovered a little, he squinted up at her from his limp position on the ground, eyes having watered at the force behind her punch. “That was so rude” he said, voice a little wheezy. “After all the times I didn’t punch you in the throat? You really decided to try and knock my windpipe straight out of me?” He knew he'd Said she could punch people in the throat but did it have to be him? Hopefully Galahad wouldn’t get upset at the scuffle. “That being said, that was a good punch” he complimented. “You took advantage at the right time and your aim of the attack was good as was the strength behind it. I mean, I personally would’ve preferred a bit of a softer punch to the throat” he grumbled, reaching a hand up to rub his neck in complaint. “But you did a good job” he complimented.

”I think we should get you to spar someone more your level soon” he murmured, a Squire was a good idea, even if they weren’t novices, they were going to make more mistakes and thst meant Ruth would have more opportunities to take advantage, plus some of them were quite little or scrawny so wouldn’t be too much stronger than Ruth herself. “Maybe even Gaheris would be a good test” and he said it tentatively. If the boy was being nicer then it wasn’t that bad an idea and it would show if Ruth actually could defend herself when she needed to as Gaheris had been, or still was, one of the main threats to her. He’d like to see how she fared against him but she might not be up for it and he wasn’t sure how Gaheris would react either.

Ruth couldn't help but feel gleeful as her attack struck true and she had soon turned the tables. Sitting on Lance as the poor man struggled underneath her. She lifted her arms happily in the air and gave a small whoop of success. Eventually Lance was regaining his breath and Ruth happily stared down at him. Teasingly saying. "Next time I'll be gentler. " Because she so planned to hit him again oneday. Frankly she was proud of herself though. Hopefully Lance's praises wouldn't go to her head! Ruth was hesitating a bit at the mention of sparring with Gaheris. It was hard not being a bit worried, But if such was to occur Gaheris likely wouldn't push things to far. Lance and Caleb would be watching after all. Thus she gave a small nod. Climbing off Lance and offering her hand to help him up.

By then, Caleb and Melodias had approached. Caleb snickering as she said. " Oof, I think you might get some bruising from that punch. " She said playfully. Shaking her head before continuing. "You okay? Want to sit down for a minute? " He might not be as eager to fight Melodias! Except Lance could be prideful, And Caleb had a feeling that he might not want to seem like he'd been affected! Meanwhile Melodias had his focus on Ruth. Grinning at her. He then mused. "That was a good hit. At this rate Lance won't be able to keep up with you. " He said playfully. Before he glanced at Lance. "I heard you mention wanting to let her spar with Gaheris? That... Perhaps would be good. " Gaheris could be a angry boy though.

Caleb then pointed out gently. "I don't know if he's still here to be able to spar today. Agravain might be hanging out with him and Chris. " Or well, If he was able to convince Gaheris to come with. The boy could be fickle. Caleb then nodded to the house. Saying softly. "Ruth, Why don't you go check if he's still here. It'll give Lance more time to catch his breath. " She expressed. Though she did note that the girl seemed a bit hesitant. Gaheris was nicer to her, But she had plenty of reason to be wary of him. Still, She nodded and was soon hurrying off. Leaving the small group behind.

That one successful hit had already gone to her head and she was teasing him. Lance was amused though, glad she was enjoying her victory. He took her hand and accepted the help up, continuing to rub his throat and scowling at Caleb as she talked about bruising. She might be right though, it maybe hadn’t been his brightest idea to leave himself open to Ruth like that ij order to get her to land a strike, still he supposed there were worse place he could’ve let her hit. Everyone was really milking it though and Lance was prideful so maybe it would get on his nerves if he didn’t also allow himself to be humble.

Ruth was soon going off to look for Gaheris. She wouldn’t have much luck though, Agravain had managed to get his brother to accompany him. Gaheris was….dubious about it. He didn’t truly trust Agravain like he used to but deep down he knew that he wanted to. Out of all his brothers, Agravain was the one he felt he could relate to the most. He knew he spent a lot of time around Gawain but Agravain understood his anger. Maybe this little trip would bring them together and Agravain had explained that he was trying to find out more about Loth and Gaheris couldn’t help his curiosity about their father. Hopefully it’d be good for them, might be awkward for Chris though if they started arguing. Or maybe they’d bond over bullying Chris.

Lance did move to sit down, not because he was winded or needed to catch his breath, he just thought it’s be nice to relax for a moment. “she‘s a lot stronger than she looks” he told them before sizing up Melodias. “You up for a spar then?” He asked. “Once Ruth comes back of course, she seems to enjoy watching” yeah and it’d give him just a little bit more time to recover but they didn’t need to know that. Ow his throat really hurt, people would be asking what on Earth had happened to his neck if he got a bruise. He bet the other knights would find it amusing though. He doubt he’d be able to pass it off as a hickey, would probably be way too big, no he’d have to cover it up. “I imagine you have a lot experience” Lance said, althiugh maybe that was just a polite way of calling him old. “I’d appreciate learning a thing or two” he was sure Melodias had some tricks he could show him, maybe something regional to his kingdom? “Not just about fighting either. I bet you’ve got some interesting stories about Caleb, I’d love to hear them” he said with a grin. What, Melodias was her father! He had to have something and it was his duty as Caleb’s friend to know embarrassing stories about her. Antonio probably wouldn’t hesitate to spill any about Lance should Caleb ask. Although Lance might not find them embarrassing. Some people would figure it couldn’t get much more embarrassing than a child out of wedlock but obviously Lance wasn’t just some person.

Poor Chris was likely to be in for a agonizing time with the brothers. Hopefully they didn't threaten him to much! Maybe they'd all even make friends! One could hope right? Thus Ruth's search was in vane. That was fine though. For Lance seemed interested in finally getting to fight Melodias. After he was given a moment to recover of course. Caleb couldn't help but grin as Lance sat down to rest. It was a rare sight to see. Ruth should certainly be proud of herself. Melodias tilted his head at the question. Before shrugging and musing. "I don't see why not. We can give it a go. " He was ready for a fight. It would be interesting to see what Lance had in him. Lance was soon using the moment to mess with Caleb though.

Caleb thus was quickly cutting in. "Lance don't tempt me. " She threatened, But there was a playful tone to her voice. Melodias was then musing. "Well, There was the time when he- " Alas he was not given the chance to continue. As Caleb was shooing him away. Saying. "Well! Thats enough of that, Dad. You should get a weapon to spar with! " She was saying. Practically pushing the man towards the house. Luckily Melodias only seemed amused by the antics. Telling Lance. "I'll tell you all about it later. " He expressed. Before listening to his daughter finally and heading towards the house.

Caleb let out a breath of relief before turning her gaze to Lance. Walking over to him and sitting down next to him. Musing. "Remind me to ask Antonio if he has any stories regarding you he'd like to share. " She teased. Before studying Lance's neck for a moment. Yeah, She had a feeling he was going to have some bruising. Ouch. But, It was hardly the first bruise he'd have gotten from sparring. He might receive a few more fighting Melodias, Thus Caleb then said. "So you're going to try and fight dad? Just remember, He's faster then he looks. " He might take Lance by surprise over such.

Lance smiled as Melodias agreed and his grin only got bigger as Melodias thought about telling him something about Caleb. He just wanted to get to know her a bit better! “I’ll hold you to that” Lance said with a laugh as Melodias was urged inside to find his weapon. “Oh I’m sure he’s got lots, although they’re probably more complaints than entertaining stories, I was admittedly a bit if a handful growing up” always slipping off and sneaking out, chasing girls and getting into trouble. Antonio might be able to say some embarrassing things about Lance though, but all the recent things he was not privy to, like his affair with Caroline snd oh yeah…..the pregnancy. Which he was really trying not to focus on, the next 8 mo the or whatever would likely be non stop chatter about how the princess was pregnant so it might be a bit hard to ignore it.

He could feel her eyes on his neck which was hardly reassuring that it’d be okay but he guessed it just came with the life. Still, couldn’t she have bruised him somewhere less obvious? “Oh? Well that’s good because he looks real slow” Lance murmured, with his size and his age Melodias didn’t exactly look like speedy gonzalez but he was sure he’d be a challenge. “So, who you rooting for? Me or your father?” he asked. “I know he taught you, but come on, it’s me” he said with a grin and nudged her with his elbow. “It’ll be interesting to see how he fights though. A lot of the older knights have refused to fight me anymore” he admitted, didn’t like being shown up by someone younger or someone so insufferably prideful.

“ if he’s any good maybe we should make this a regular thing” he suggested, he was sure Melodias would be good. The question was how good. “And once you’ve had this long awaited baby of yours then you can join in too” he said with a smile. At least every month it’d be good to test their skills in such a way, he was happy for it to be more frequent but he understood they were all busy people and Caleb and Agravain were soon to become busier. “Do you feel like you’ve forgotten anything having been away from your sword for so long?” he asked curiously. Maybe she’d feel like she remembered everything but once she tried to put it into practice then the cracks would show. A lot of it was probably muscle memory at this point but there were bound to be a few things which needed practice.

It seemed Lance was eager to learn more about Caleb's childhood. Mostly the embarrassing parts of it. Though Caleb had no plans of allowing him and her father to gossip together. But Caleb had a feeling Antonio would perhaps have even more wilder stories. Lance had to have been chaos to deal with as a child! A thing he seemed willing to conform.
For the moment though things seemed focused on the battle ahead. Lance was confident in himself. His words earning a eye roll from Caleb as she mused. "I'm gonna say dad has this in the bag. " Though such words were mostly to mess with Lance. Truthfully she didn't know who would win. She couldn't help but laugh at his next words. Yeah, That wasn't surprising. She had no doubt he'd gotten on the nerves of some of those men, Perhaps even hurt there pride!

The idea of them sparring every once in a while was a nice one. Lance was soon questioning her about her feelings on her own skills. Something that caused her to pause for a moment. Before saying gently. "I... Not much, But I do think it'll take a bit of time for me to get back to 100 percent. " She missed fighting. Was eager to get back into it. But sadly even after having the baby she'd likely have to take things a bit slow getting back to it. Hopefully it wouldn't take too long though.

Caleb found her gaze drifting down. Seeming hesitant before she confessed. "I'm just excited for this pregnancy to be over. I... Don't... " She trailed off, Unable to find the right words. She didn't linger on the thoughts much longer as she heard the sound of a door opening. Her father returning with a sword at his hip. Ruth trailing behind him. Soon saying. "I looked around and didn't see Gaheris. So he must of went with Agravain. " She explained. Shame. She'd just have to practice hitting Lance some more then! Except it seemed Melodias was up next. Looking towards Lance and nodding. "Alright then, I guess we should give it a go then. If you've managed to recover? " He mused. Gesturing towards Lance's neck. He wouldn't fault the man for wanting to rest a bit longer!

Lance pouted as she put her vote of confidence in her father. He knew he’d just been punched in the throat but that had been intentional! Although he realised how stupid that would sound to say. Caleb didn’t seem to think she’d forgotten much which was maybe overconfident of her to say but hopefully it was true. She’d still have a while before she was doing anything too intense though. She didn’t really seem to be enjoying her pregnancy that much, although he wasn’t sure how much one could enjoy the symptoms he knew that some women certainly loved adding to their family. Which wasn’t to say Caleb wasn’t happy to have a child, he just knew it wasn’t what she’d seen planned in her life so soon if ever.

”you can share with him another day then” Lance reassured her, there’d be other opportunities to catch Gaheris and get him to practice with Ruth. For now though it was Lance VS Melodias. He pressed a hand against his neck, almost defensively. “I’m fine” he insisted. “Let’s do this” he said getting to his feet. He retrieved his sword and left Caleb, Ruth and Galahad on the sidelines to face Melodias in the little training area. “If I win I feel I should definitely get to hear one of those embarrassing stories about Caleb” Lance said, rotating his sword hand to get it warmed up a little.

Lance was curious to see how Melodias fought. Lance himself was a good swordsman, it was his preferred weapon but sometime it wasn’t just a weapon that helped you win a battle. Not always, but sometimes Lance could be a bit of a chatterbox, that tended to annoy people or distract them which worked in his favour. Melodias didn’t really look that chatty, he looked strong though and Lance knew he’d have to be careful about blocking his strikes, still it would be good to get a gauge on just how strong he truly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back