• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

(Aw, You'll need to send me some pics! I love cats! )

Gavin might have her issues with much of her family at the moment. But seeing Gawain would be a relief. Atleast being able to know he was okay. She knew very well that the loss of Gwyn had to have hit the man hard. Him being so far away from everyone was worrying. But she shook such thoughts from her mind. Instead finding herself amused at Lance as he bragged about his son. Causing her to muse. "I bet he has a lot he wants to be able to say to you. " She knew very well her own daughter loved to talk. Galahad surely would be enjoying being able to communicate.

Lance would soon asking questions about her daughter. Causing Gavin to say. "She's been well all things considering. I think shes been enjoying exploring the castle. I told her there were secret passages in the place and she's been trying to find one. " Gavin mused. Sadly the girl had not had much luck. They were considered secret for a reason after all! She was about to say more, When Lance was leaning closer. His voice further reddening her cheeks. "You.. I- Um.. " Gosh darn it. he always had a way of ruining her composure. It seemed easy for him to turn her into a fumbling mess. And he knew it.

Gavin then laughed gently at his next words. "I think we are both mad. " She confessed teasingly. Before considering things thoughtfully. Biting her lip. Gavin then spoke up. "I was thinking. Its a tad bit... Risky. But there is a masquerade ball coming up soon. I managed to convince King Alexander to allow me to go. Guarded of course. " King Alexander often seemed to go easy on her. But, It wasn't without reason. Gavin wanted to interact personally with a few nobles. Find out there personal opinions on Morgans pregnancy. She had some worries Morgan might had been trying to sway some to her side. So it was best to keep tabs on such. "Of course I plan to do some dancing. Hopefully I'll be able to find a masked man willing to dance with me. " She said teasingly.

(I will get some pics to send)

Galahad hadn’t been able to communicate much before besides vague gestures and drawings so it would be good to hear his thoughts, hopefully he didn’t have too much to complain about! And he smiled in amusement about Gabriel, she seemed like a sweet girl and he was glad she was being kept amused. It would be nice for her and Galahad to hang out but he didn’t suggest such a thing, people would think it strange and would definitely know something was up if they let their children interact so.

Although Gavin called them mad, at least she didn’t do so in an upset manner, no it was good natured and he knew she was a little bit right. He raised an eyebrow as she explained to him about a masquerade ball. How exciting. “Oh I’m sure plenty of men would be happy to dance with you” Lance murmured, she wasn’t exactly lacking in suitors but obviously she was not interested in them all. “None as pleased as me though” he added on. “although it’ll be a shame not to see your face” he confessed. He’d love to dance with her in public and he wondered if she’d have a full mask or whether he’d still be able to see her smile.

”it will be risky, there will be a lot of people there, but …. I’d love to dance with you then” he said. “I‘ll show you my mask beforehand, just in case you find yourself drawn to some other man” he said playfully. Of course she was free to dance with whoever she wanted but he he’d like her to know who he was. “Will you be bringing Gaheris along?” He asked curiously. He didn’t know if his own father would attend or Agravain and Caleb. He imagined it’d be easy to tell who Caleb and Agravain were at such a ball, and he also wasn’t sure it was their scene but maybe he‘d be able to talk to Caleb about a masked lady he’d danced with, not reveal it was Gavin and get some of the frustration about keeping this a secret off of his chest. If Gaheris was there, and at her side, would he be able to tell it was Lance? They were hardly strangers and had recently spent A lot of time together, it could be….troublesome if he realised who Lance was, but maybe he’d be distracted by trying to dance with some girls?

It seemed Lance would be joining her. The whole matter was risky. Out in public it would be easy for things to slip. But Gavin could not deny it would be nice to properly dance with Lance. Still, While strangers might not recognize Lance. Others would. Especially if he spoke in their presence. Alas that couldn't be helped much. They'd just have to be extra sneaky! Gavin then grinned. "I look forward to it. " She mused before tilting her head and considering the question for a moment. "Probable yes. He... I think it would do him good to mingle with nobility. " He needed some friends. But Gavin also thought he could use some more experience in such things. As for the rest of the family? She was unsure. Agravain and her hadn't exactly spoken much as of late.

Gavin then murmured. "I might see if that Ruth girl would also like to come. I know Gaheris seems to like her. " Of course Gavin did not know the full extent of how Gaheris had treated her. But Ruth seemed to be somewhat of a friend to Gaheris. Maybe he'd like having her come along? It would give him someone to talk to if he found it difficult to socialize with the other nobles. Gavin then gently moved closer to Lance. As to give him a soft kiss. Perhaps it was childish them sneaking around like this so much. But what else could they do?

This was nice. Just the two of them alone. Perhaps had things been different the two could have properly courted eachother. This would have to do for now. She could only imagine the two's families reactions. The thought had Gavin musing. "Agravain will murder us both if we ever get caught. " Her tone one of amusement. To be fair to Lance tho. Agravain would probable stare daggers at anyone that tried to pursue his sister. Lance was just especially hated.

Lance knew they’d have to be careful. It wasn’t that he couldn’t be recognised, just that they couldn’t be recognised together but he figured that at least some of the disbelief that they would be seen together so easily would put off some. Gaheris knew what both Lance and Gavin looked like, probably was aware of how they moved but hopefully he’d be too distracted by girls in pretty dresses to be paying them close attention. Lance was a little surprised at the invitation being extended to Ruth but he supposed it might be nice for her to dress up and he figured it would be difficult for Gaheris to mistreat her in such a busy environment, especially when people might assume she was a noble lady. Yes, it could be good for them.

Lance accepted the kiss graciously and smiled devilishly at her. “Then it’s a good thing I’m not afraid of your big brother then” he insisted, moving to press her gently against a desk, put his hands either side of her on the tabletop and kiss her again. Agravain was dangerous, there was no denying, a fierce warrior and a flaming temper to match, but Lance could hold his own. Agravain annoyed him, sure, maybe Even worried him, but scared him? No. Although not much scared Lance to be honest, losing his son, his father being hurt or his friends suffering but he figured everyone had such worries. “And from what I’ve seen, you don't seem to care much for his scolding yourself” Lance pointed out once he pulled away. No, Gavin seemed quite happy to argue with him. What was Agravain going to do, put her over his knee? “Besides, you’ve got to admit that forbidden encounters are extremely hot” Lance said, voice dropping to something husky and sliding his hands needily into her hair, cradling her head and going to kiss her passionately.

He hoped she didn’t mind all this kissing, he was finding her rather irresistible after all. Maybe it was because they knew their place with each other a bit better but the excitement still hadn’t worn off, he was certainly becoming accustomed to clandestine make out sessions, especially since he’d shared Similar encounters with Caroline, although admittedly more steamy. Caroline had really known how to get his adrenaline up. When he did pull away that time he pressed a few kisses to her jawline, let himself linger for a moment before retreating, not wanting to overwhelm her. “Before….everything, Agravain still never would’ve approved of us” he murmured. “Even Gawain probably would’ve warned me off of you” he couldn’t imagine Gawain would’ve endorsed them courting, would have certainly made it harder for Lance to tell him stories, although he would say his descriptions were not normally as lurid as other knights liked to be. “And I don’t think my father would’ve been very happy either” he certainly wouldn't Be pleased now. No, he thought Gavin was far too alike Morgan. “But that doesn’t matter as much as us being happy” he insisted. “I’d like to please you”

(I think it might be funny if Ruth recognises both of them together, she can distract Gaheris for them and then tease Lance about it later)

Last edited:
(Oh gosh, Yes. Like I can imagine Lance thinking he's perfectly disguised and then Ruth just walking over to him like "Hi lance! " Like, She just quickly recognizes him. )

Oh Lance's wild grin had Gavin certainly feeling flustered. Before she knew it she was being forced to lean back. Not that she disliked it. Laughing gently. "I don't think you're afraid of much anyway. " He was cocky like that. Though Gavin would be lying if she said she didn't like the cockiness. He was right. Gavin hardly intended to listen to her older brother. Though she'd still prefer to avoid the headache of him yelling. It was then Lance's lips were against hers. Gently she moved her hand to his cheek. Eagerly returning the kiss. This was nice. Fun. But the kiss did not last long. Soon drifting to her jaw and well. Gavin couldn't help but feel a bit embarrassed.

He kept talking, Things seeming to have taken a more serious turn. Causing Gavin to glance away. It was moments like these that left Gavin feeling confused and torn. She wanted to hate Lance. She did. But no matter how much she tried she couldn't muster up those feelings these days. She liked him. Very much. "Lance... " She began. Trailing off as she sat up. Staring at him for a few moments. His words brought some worry. Fears he might have hopes of something more serious. Perhaps she did too. But Gavin didn't think she could allow either of them to linger on such ideas.

Addressing it did not feel right. Like it would simply ruin the moment. But Gavin could not help but say. "You do make me happy. " Gently leaning forward to place a kiss on his cheek. She then murmured. "Hey, Listen. Its getting late and I probable should be headed back to my room. " The two still did need to be up in the morning. Besides. Lance probable would want to return to his son soon enough.

(I think that’d be so funny, like makes him jump and he asks her not to tell and I think it’ll just be good for her to see another side to him, she’s more used to him strict and stressed)

Lance’s words seemed ro be doing more than just making her flustered, seemed to be getting under her skin, touching something deeper that she didn’t want to think about. He could sense her change to reluctance, the hesitation now held in her stance, and now she wanted to leave, already return to her room. At least she admitted he did make her happy, even if he could guess, it was nice to have it confirmed, for her to have the confidence to say it, the conviction to voice it.

He took her hand in his, brining it up to his lips to give it a chaste kiss. “I hate for us to part so soon” he commiserated giving her a small pout. “But at least it leads to the pleasure of seeing you again“ He didn't want them to leave on an awkward note, so he smiled at her again, bright and enthusiastic. “i can’t wait to see you all dolled up for this ball” he confessed. “its nice to get all fancy once in a while and I bet none of the ladies will compare to you” She was already stunning, add on top an exquisite dress and a fantastical mask, well, she’d be the belle of the ball.

”I better get back to Galahad” he said. “My father will start charging me for babysitting if I leave him with him anymore” His father was happy to look after Galahad but maybe Lance was taking liberties, always sneaking off and at insane hours, still he couldn’t have just left him at Caleb’s and come all this way without him, that wouldn’t have been very responsible. At least Antonio wasn’t to unused fo Lance being a night owl, off seeing girls and getting into trouble, as long as his father didn’t find out which girl it was then they’d be alright. Lance surged forward for one more quick kiss of her lips before going to exit the library.

(Arthur and Silas/ maybe Ethan? Or Agravain and Caleb? Or when Lance gets the letter maybe?)

(Yes! Ruth is going to have a blast teasing him. Though she's def gonna be a bit concerned about him being with Gavin. And hmm... How about we skip to Agravain and Caleb? Then we can also see Lance getting the letter since he's staying with them? I can go ahead and do the skip? )

Life had become rather... Peaceful as of lately for Caleb and Agravain. A fact that Caleb often found boring. She missed sparring and fighting. She wanted to work again. Even if she wanted to relax. Lately it had become more and more difficult to get comfortable. Tonight particularly was being a difficult night. And thus Caleb had decided to rise early. Laying in bed wasn't doing her any good after all. Thus it hadn't taken her long to notice Lance's absence. Though she assumed him to be doing work at the castle. Thus brushed it off as she headed downstairs. Making her way to the living room and flopping down on one of the couches.

Caleb figured at least she didn't need to deal with this much longer. The medic seemed to think the baby could arrive anyday now. Which was... Well, Caleb wasn't sure if she was excited or not. It was intimidating. It hadn't helped that Melodias had seemed to become even more protective and clingy lately. He was worried. That was easy to tell. But it hadn't done anything to help her own fears. It was all so annoying, Caleb didn't like this waiting.

On the bright side. Atleast she hadn't had anymore fights with Gaheris. She'd been actively trying to avoid the young man. And so far it had been working. He likely was trying to avoid her too. Good. Because Caleb couldn't promise she wouldn't strangle him should he say anything to her. She didn't think anyone would blame her if she did!

(Yeah she can warn Lance but obviously he’ll disagree and try to tell her that Gavin isnt so bad)

Caleb found the peace boring, Agravain less so. Sure he loved being out and questing but he was glad things were a bit more….quiet since the baby was due soon. He was still having issues with Gaheris but that was to be expected. He could tell Caleb was restless though, she must be dying to spar but at least she only had to wait a little while longer. Agravain at least was still capable of fighting, even though he refrained from doing so out of loyalty to his wife.

Agravain awoke to an empty bed which was immediately obvious. He couldn’t feel her tossing and turning next to him, and the bed on her side was already starting to cool. She was probably sick of them hovering around her, both Agravain and Melodias anxious about the last stage of her pregnancy. Agravain was excited though, to actually, finally, have a child of his own. It almost didn’t feel real. For so long he’d been makeshift parent, it felt odd to think this baby would actually be his. He got up and made his way downstairs in search of her, finding her on the couch.

”you feeling alright?” He asked, keeping his voice quiet in the gentle morning air. He didn’t want To wake anyone else in the house up or to startle her. He wanted this baby to come, but he was a bit worried about the circumstances, obviously he knew Caleb was at risk, they all did, he didn’t want to lose his wife and friend. And, he didn’t want to miss the birth. What if he was away when she went into labour? He’d hate for that to be the case, he wanted to be there for her so yeah, maybe he didnt like leaving her alone for too long, she probably found it smothering though. “I know you’re probably sick of us always being around you by now but I think it’s best if you don’t wander off alone” he admitted, even if she was just with Ruth or somebody, as long as someone was there to go get help should she need it. “who knows when that baby will make an appearance and I don’t want you being alone for it”

(Oh gosh, That'll be fun. "You just need to get to know her! She's not that bad! " "....SHE KILLED PEOPLE. " )

Sadly for Caleb, The couch hadn't provided her any extra comfort. Stretching for a moment. She paused when she heard the sounds of footsteps though. It seemed it hadn't taken Agravain long to notice her missing. For he was soon arriving. Worry clear in his eyes. "I'm alright. " She told. A attempt to soothe his worries. He was soon fretting and Caleb shook her head. "Don't worry. If anything happens I'd shout. There's plenty of people in the house that would hear me. " She wouldn't be alone for long. That she was sure of. Caleb then was standing up. Making her way over to her husband and giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

Caleb couldn't really blame Agravain for his worries. Besides, He was excited to finally meet the baby. Everyone was. Well, Besides Gaheris. But hopefully he'd be smart enough to keep his mouth shut. Caleb herself was excited to simply not be pregnant anymore. It was a pain! It was then Caleb asked. "Are you and Chris planning to go anywhere today? " Her tone curious. She knew the two had often went out. Which Caleb supposed was nice. It ment Agravain was making friends! Even if Chris looked terrified each time!

Caleb then mused. "I hope you're not messing with him too much when you both are away. " Agravain could be... Aggressive. She didn't want him threatening her friends! Though perhaps it was good for Christopher to hang around Agravain. The two were similar in the way they fought and it could be good training for Chris!

(“she kidnapped your father” …. I can’t imagine he’ll have a good rebuttal for that. but hey, the heart wants what the heart wants and Lance’s is an idiot)

Caleb was trying to reassure him but he’d rather be safe than sorry. What if she passed out? How would she call for help then? But at least the house was more busy than when it’d just been the two of them. Melodias, Ruth, even Lance would come to her aid should she need it. Gaheris was probably not ine she should rely on but who knows where he’d stand when push came to shove, maybe he’d want to help family, or at least not enrage Agravain.

”if I can find him” Agravain agreed with a nod, he couldn’t help but feel like Chris had been avoiding him somewhat. Why ever would he do that? “I don’t mess with him any more than he should be able to take” he grumbled. “Don’t tell me your worried about him” Agravain was so well behaved, Chris had barely anything to fear! Assuming he did as he was told. “He doesn’t need to be mothered, I’m pretty sure he’s already sour at Lance about that” Yeah he'd noticed the way that Chris seemed annoyed with Lance as of late, didn’t appear to really want his advice.

“what about you? You gonna be okay with me going?” She had her father to at least Keep her company if no one else but he was more worried that Gaheris might bother her. Gaheris had been …..quieter lately. He was not pleased with the situation but ever since his confrontation with Ruth and the ensuing telling off he’d been keeping to the shadows which was worrying in itself but at least he wasn’t being an active problem. And in the bright side, Gaheris had actually been treating Ruth better which was surprising but welcome. Maybe it was being back in the kingdom, closer to family, or maybe it was having someone else to hate but he was being actually sort of pleasant. “I know you can’t spar but maybe you can give Ruth some tips, explain to her how to stand and things like that?” He suggested. Ruth seemed interested in sparring whenever it was going on and he was aware that Lance had been trying to teach her a few things here and there, he wasn’t sure how much Caleb had contributed but she’d be a good teacher for her. Maybe it was too early for Ruth to actually spar herself but if she wanted to then Melodias might be up to it, even though it was far below his skill level. Maybe Gaheris would even volunteer? Recently having been training himself but well…Gaheris might not want to be near Caleb and there was the chance he could get carried away.

“you know, I think she likes you” Agravain said with a smirk, leaning down to give his wife a quick kiss. “She keeps saying to me how hot you are. Obviously I don’t need to be told that but she can’t seem to help herself” It was practically the first thing Ruth had said to him, she seemed maybe a bit awe-struck by Caleb. “She’ll probably enjoy spending the day with you” and out of all the women that Caleb could spend time with, Caleb was a good shout, someone who wasn’t overly girly and stood up for themselves, she was similar to Caleb in some ways, and he’d heard that she’d also gone through a pregnancy, maybe wouldn’t be a subject they talked about but if they did could be a bond between them, even if Ruth’s baby was no longer around.

(I think Lance just has a thing for girls he can't or shouldn't be with. Lmao. )

Agravain truly did not seem to understand why Chris might possibly be scared of him. Something that Caleb didn't know if she found amusing or annoying. Agravain didn't really need to try to be scary. There was a reason many younger knights tried to stay out of his way! "I just think, It might not hurt if you know. You actually tried smiling when talking to him. " Her tone teasing. But she decided it best not to push the subject to much. Besides, He was soon questioning her. Though Caleb waved her hand dismissively. "Don't worry, I'll be fine. Dad will be around the house if I need anything. " She promised. But, Agravain's next suggestion wasn't a bad idea. She could certainly show Ruth somethings. It would be good for the girl to practice some self defense.

Caleb couldn't help but feel her cheeks flush a bit at his next words. Though she did grin. "Well, I am handsome aren't I? " She joked. Though soon shook her head. Speaking of Ruth and training. Caleb then hummed. "She does seem to enjoy practicing. You should have seen her trying to whack dad with one of those wooden practice swords." Ruth was scrappy. Had potential if they could just find her a mentor. For now they'd just have to settle with her practicing with them.

Caleb then mused. "As soon as I'm able to. I'd love to get to properly show her somethings. " Of course that ment waiting until after the baby was born. Still, Even after Caleb might be rather busy. She'd have a new baby to take care of. And she wanted to get back to work as quickly as possible. So she might not have as much time as she'd like to practice with Ruth. But by then maybe she'd be able to find a mentor for the girl? Lance knew plenty of knights. So he likely had a few people in mind.

(Oh definitely)

Try smiling? He didn’t need to smile. He was perfectly pleasant as it was. He was friendly, he had issued s lot less threats as of late, but then again that’s because he figured they’d sunk in by now. No, he was an absolutr delight, Chris just seemed to be delicate. Caleb was not though and she was insisting she’d be fine. He didn’t like leaving her but this was something important he had to do, he needed to find out about his father, find out about those that stood with him, it would help make the world safer for his child.

His grin was one of amusement and agreement. He figured Caleb probably hadn’t had that many compliments lately, she’d mainly been inside the house and some knights were always going to be against her so yeah, probably hadn't received many encouraging comments from anyone but Agravain and Melodias these past few months. Ruth seemed to entertain Caleb though which he was glad of, she certainly had spirit, hopefully they could actually do something with it.

”I’m sure that’ll please her” he agreed, Ruth would likely enjoy being taught more closely by Caleb, by someone who knew how to fight as a woman. He’d heard Lance talking about finding her a mentor althiugh clearly he hadn’t gotten her one just yet. It was an intriguing idea to get more women into their field, one that he figured was going to have a lot of resistance but Lance was annoyingly persistent. “Maybe if you have some old armour or weapons, you could see if she wants them?” He suggested. It wasnt much but it was A start. “I’m pretty sure she’s already got a dagger” Lance’s that he’d given her for self defence. “which I’m surprised she’s not stabbed Gaheris with” he admitted, but he wasn’t sure Caleb would really want to talk about his brother, they were hardly friends, still Gaheris had been friendlier to Ruth if not particulalry himself or Caleb. He was still trouble and Agravain didn’t know what to do with him, but if he could just put it off for s little while, if Gaheris could just be tolerable then he could put it off until Gawain returns and they could form some kind of game plan. And he needed to being looking out for Gawain too upon his return. Hopefully his big brother had been eating better so far away from their mother. Agravain would certainly have a lot of people to look after.

It wasn't a bad idea to let Ruth try on some armor. It might do her some good to get used to the feel of it if she was to be properly trained. Caleb then hummed. "I might have something that would fit her. But well, she's a bit small. " Caleb recalled Ruth's sibling had also been a bit small. Something she'd need to keep in mind when training her. Caleb then couldn't help but laugh at Agravain's next words. "If she did oneday stab him. He'd probable deserve it. " Gaheris had seemed to be nicer with Ruth as of late. But Caleb knew how the young man could be. Knew he had been a pain probable during the journey.

Caleb then noted. "Speaking of, Have you.... Talked much with him lately? " Last time Caleb had seen them speak. Things hadn't gone well. Which Caleb supposed wasn't a surprise. It might be difficult to patch things up. "Maybe you could invite him to join you and Chris? Spend sometime together? " Gaheris might not accept the invitation. But maybe it would do them good? Him and Agravain spending some time together. Chris might not enjoy spending time with the both of them though!

Caleb then gently pointed out. "He... Has seemed a bit calmer lately. " Or well, He had kept his distance. And hadn't caused any problems with Ruth. So... Improvements! Yeah, Caleb wasn't really sure how else to help Agravain deal with the angry teenager. It was then Caleb stepped away. Moving closer towards the couch and sitting down.

Yeah Ruth was only little but Caleb’s stuff had a better chance of fitting Her than Agravain’s. It was nice to hear her laugh, even if she was saying his brother deserved a stabbing, honestly he found it hard to disagree as much as he loved him. He had not spent a lot of time with Gaheris, too annoyed by him, not wanting to make things between them worse, figured some space might be good as it’d stop him from strangling him.

His face betrayed his reluctance and doubt about Gaheris joining them. He wasn’t sure Gaheris could he trusted, but this was his family too, still did Gaheris really need to learn about their father in his fragile state? And Agravain also knew it might be dangerous, he didn’t want his brother getting hurt but well….Caleb was maybe right, Gaheris had been much quieter lately, more reasonable and it would be nice to spend some time with him. He could take him to see how he behaved and then if he seemed good then reveal what he’d been up to. Gaheris might enjoy learning that he was keeping things from Caleb, he wouldn’t be excited if he found out that their father had originally been a slave though. It might be a good way for them to bond though and he’d prefer if Gaheris was kept away from Caleb.

”I’ll ask him, see if he wants to tag along” he agreed. Chris was definitely going to hate that, he seemed overwhelmed with just Agravain. ”I’m not sure he‘ll agree though, we’ve hardly been having long conversations together” he sighed. Things were so messed up and he didn’t know how to fix them, if it was even possible. “And Chris won’t enjoy the extra company” he could just see them fighting already but hopefully things would be okay.

He watched his wife sit on the couch and went to follow her. “I know this probably doesn’t need to be said, but I’m so lucky you said yes to marrying me” he told her. “Things have moved really quickly, I know that, but I’m glad we’re together, its good having you by my side” she’d really helped him though s lot and supported him. Even though his father had kidnapped her, all that she’d been through herself and that his brother was awful to her, she was so strong by his side and helped him deal with problems like Gaheris’ behaviour. He didn’t know what he’d do without her.

Agravain didn't seem eager to invite his brother. But was willing to try. Good, It might be good bonding for him and Agravain! Maybe he'd even get along with Chris! maybe... Caleb then mused. "It can't hurt to try. He could probable use some getting out of the house. " She expressed. It was then Agravain moved to Caleb's side. Her expression softening at his words and she gently reached forward to take his hand. Agravain was right, Things hadn't been the easiest for them. But whatever came forward the two seemed willing to face together. She then told him. "Agravain, Were a team. Whatever happens. " Caleb might not always agree with him. But she'd do her best to protect him.

It was nice. This moment between the two. But alas. The two were not to be alone for forever. Caleb soon heard the sounds of footsteps nearby. Seemed the house was beginning to awaken. Her father would no doubt be downstairs pestering her soon. But the first arrival was Ruth. Heading down the steps. She nearly didn't notice the couple on the couch as her destination had been the kitchen. But she paused when she spotted them. Sleepily lifting a hand to wave. "Morning. " She greeted.

Caleb couldn't help but grin. Nodding. "Morning Ruth. " She then paused in thought for a moment. Before asking. "Once you finish breakfast. I was thinking we could see about continuing your training some today. If you'd be interested. " That seemed to wake Ruth up properly. For she was standing a little bit straighter. Asking. "Really? Will Lance be there? I want to try and hit him! " Her tone quickly becoming one of excitement. Sure, Melodias had allowed her to try and fight him with the practice swords. Which was fine. But how could Ruth not want to whack Lance?

He figured she was probably right, it would do them good to go out together and Gaheris might enjoy a bit of an adventure. He figured he wouldn’t tell his brother anything, probably wouldn't bring up the planned disposal of unfit knights, wasn’t sure he could yet trust Gaheris with that and also not wanting to put it on his little brother’s plate, but he could know that they were finding out about Loth, that it’d be useful o know who his allies were in case they posed a threat to them.

He squeezed her hand gently and turned his head to look at Ruth as Caleb addressed her. She seemed pleased with the plans to continue training her but she was maybe setting her hopes a but high, the only reason she’d probably hit Lance was pure unpredictability but at least she was aiming for something. “Probably” Agravain rumbled. Lance liked spending time with Caleb and what better time to spend time with her than when Agravain wasn’t present?

Speaking of Lance, he was just arriving, he had considered sneaking in through a window or something but he wasn’t a teenager anymore and that’d likely just be more suspicious than anything else. He tried his best to be quiet though, going to close the door gently and creep into the house, also trying not to wake Galahad. He straightened though once he saw the group of them. Agravain looked less than impressed at his arrival but at least didnt care enough to ask why he’d been sneaking. “Morning” Lance greeted. “What are you all doing up so early?” He got that knights were early risers but Caleb didnt have much work fo be doing and He figured at least Ruth might have a lay in or something. He smiled at Ruth and drifted closer. ” I’ve been asking around and if you’re interested, I’ve got a few senior knights in mind who might be good to take you on more seriously than us just showing you a few moves“ he explained. “You can say no obviously but give it a think” he suggested, he figured they’d still need to give her some more basic training, just to help things out and Lance would always be happy to give her some extra coaching but it’d be good for her to get some more official training, maybe even a rank if she was good, and to prove that a Caleb wasn’t a one off. It’d be tough, so he knew she might not want to face that, but he also knew Ruth was tougher.

(I just have this image of Lance trying to be all sneaky and not realising he has lipstick marks on his face or something. Like he thinks he's sort of getting away with it but like his father and friends have seen the evidence and like Caleb or Ruth has to point it out to him)

Last edited:
(Oh goodness, Yes! Though lets be real. Aint no body surprised. )

It seemed speaking of Lance was a good way to summon him. The man had seemingly been trying to sneak back inside. Little Galahad in his arms snoozing. Sadly, It didn't take long before he was spotted. Frankly it was hard to miss him. The sight of him causing a amused expression to cross Caleb's face. "Oh, Good morning Lance. Where have you been at this early? " She spoke teasingly. But it seemed he was curious about why the others were already up and about. Which caused Caleb to reply. "Mm... Trouble sleeping. " While Ruth informed. "I wanted breakfast. " Neithers explanation would probable be as exciting as Lance's. Who knows what he was getting up to! But Ruth didn't think she was that surprised. Lance had snuck off before in the middle of the night. During there journey here. Though Ruth was not certain as to why.

Ruth's eyes seemed to light up though when Lance continued. Soon grinning. "Really? " Her tone thrilled. She then was nodding her head. Saying. "Of course I'm interested. " She informed. Because how could she not? She had been enjoying training. Liked it. Would love to have a proper mentor. It was at this point that Caleb once more stood up. Approaching quietly as not to wake up Galahad. She then said to Ruth. "We'll see what we can do. Of course we'll fund your training should you pursue it. " For many, Becoming a knight was difficult. But Lance had plenty of connections and Calab was happy to cover any costs that might come up.

Caleb then looked at Lance. Asking curiously. "Who were you thinking about? " Lance knew plenty of knights. But not all would be eager. They also should probable find a knight with a good reputation. It would perhaps help Ruth be looked upon more favorably. Had there not been rumors regarding Lance and Caleb's relationship. Well, Lance might have been a good choice as well. Him and Ruth already seemed to be close. Hopefully she'd get along with whoever was asked to mentor her.

(Yeah, i think they’d just find it amusing that he’d even both to try and hide it. Everyone already knows what he’s like)

He guessed curiosity went two ways and they were asking where he’d been, fair enough but he didn’t exactly plan on telling them the truth. “I’m a busy man, where haven’t I been” he replied with a dismissive wave of his hand. He could’ve been doing anything training, seeing his father or Elaine, just going for a walk, maybe they’d assume Galahad hadn’t been able to sleep and he’d been trying to distract him and wear him out. Oh yes, that was a good story although he did maybe feel a little bad about using his son as an cover story. Not that it’d even hold up as his father could easily mention he’d been looking after Galahad.

He smiled at her enthusiasm, glad that she was interested. It would be good to have some fresh female blood amongst the knights and Ruth was a tough cookie, she was perfect for the job. He glanced at Caleb. “I’ve got a few in mind but I’m thinking some of the older knights, ones that are well respected and been in the game a long time. I think if they take on a lady apprentice then it’ll encourage more people to respect the decision, and also show that people can and should accept it” if someone who'd been a knight longer than most of them had been alive took her on then they’d have to see it wasn’t a ridiculous thing to do.

”If you think if anyone yourself then let me know and I can see what they say.“ he murmured, shifting Galahad a bit further up his hip. Agravain stood up and joined them which was….a little tense but Agravain was mostly well behaved in front of his wife. “What about Bedivere? He’s a good knight, well respected” Agravain suggested but Lance seemed dubious. “I feel he might be too boring for Ruth. He’s not exactly a talker and well, Ruth you’re my friend and I love you, but I do feel you’d annoy him very quickly” Maybe she could do with someone no nonsense but Lance thought maybe someone a bit more animated would be better. “Besides he’s always off on quests, and Ruth should avoid those for now” maybe one day in the future but she should learn the basics first. ”We can meet some later or tomorrow if you want. I know youre quite good at reading people, maybe you can tell who you’ll get along with?” He suggested.

(Yeah, Like they totally expect this of him. )

Caleb couldn't help but roll her eyes a bit at Lance's explanation. Seemed he wasn't going to say. But Caleb didn't intend to press him further. Besides, The subject was soon focused on Ruth and Calab was soon nodding. Though she then expressed. "I'm afraid most of the knights I know well aren't experienced enough to take on a apprentice. " She hadn't spent enough time with the older knights to be able to say. But well, Lance seemed to have a few ideas of people. Her gaze then went to Agravain when he suggested Bedivere. Though Lance quickly shot that idea down. Though it did earn a pout from Ruth. Hey! She wouldn't annoy him- Okay actually. Maybe she'd annoy him a bit. Ruth could be a bit wild at times.

Ruth was still eager though and soon was nodding. Saying happily. "I'd love to! " She informed. He was right, Ruth was pretty good at reading others. Knew to trust her instincts when it came to people. Caleb then hummed. "Maybe you could talk to Antonio? He might have a few suggestions? " He knew plenty of people. Probable could point them in the right direction. Caleb then mused. "But until then. You can train here. " Caleb then glanced back towards Lance. Asking. "You're not too tired after your night adventures? Are you? Ruth was talking earlier about how much she wanted to practice hitting you. So maybe after breakfast we can give her a chance? " She spoke. Tone teasing.

Ruth didn't seem to be embarrassed luckily. Standing a bit taller as she said. "I can totally take him. " She joked. Of course she knew that was unlikely. Ruth was still a beginner. This was what Lance did for a living and he was one of the best at it. Who knows, She still might get lucky and get a hit on him. Caleb couldn't help her amused expression. Well, Maybe Lance would humor her and let her get a hit in?

It was a shame that one of them couldn’t take her on, Lance and Agravain had a lot of experience, we’re good at their craft, but no, it would only compound the rumours of sleeping around to get a position. And Antonio couldn’t take her on because he’d obviously be doing it as a favour for Lance, but Caleb made a good point, he knew the older knights well could probably suggest a few names that might consider it. Lance didn’t know how long it might take to actually get this set up though. They had to actually convince someone and also hope they got along with Ruth, this would not go well if they didn’t get on and she decided to quit.

He raised an eyebrow at the talk of Ruth wanting to take him on. “I’ve never felt more awake and alive“ he insisted, seeing Gavin got his heart racing, maybe he could’ve done with a bit more sleep but he was no way near as worn out as he’d been on the journey back from Silas’ kingdom. ”but you still have to promise to go easy on me” Lance told Ruth jokingly. On the one hand he could see it being nice for her to get a hit in, she really was just learning the basic stuff still so she didn’t have much chance without help, but it might boost her confidence to hit him, or to show her how actually to take advantage of gaps that for regular people she might hit them but at the same time….he didn’t want to patronise her and he also did have a reputation to uphold. They’d see.

“Breakfast then a spar sounds like a good morning to me” he said with a smile, yeah today was shaping up well for him. He didn’t see what could bring him down, although maybe some certain unexpected news from a recent flame might change his mood. “come on, I’m starving” he prompted them and went to move towards the dining room so as to fetch some food. Agravain turned to his wife and gave her a kiss in the forehead. “I’m going to find Gaheris, invite him to come with me today,” He said, he’d rather explain the situation to Gaheris without Caleb present and he also didn’t think Gaheris was likely to show up to breakfast. So it seemed it was just Lance and two of his favourite ladies. Lance wanted to ask Ruth about her brother, how she was feeling about the situation and if she’d made much….progress in accepting the fate of her family but he wasn’t sure she’d want to talk about it right now, might bring her down and he much preferred her happy. “Do you think your father will join us?” Lance asked curiously. “I was thinking that I might be able to convince him to join me in a spar. I’d like to see what he’s got” he mused. He‘d seen Melodias with Ruth but obviously the older man had been holding back, no need to fight as well as he could, Lance liked to think he’d challenge him.

Ruth was grinning up at Lance as he spoke. Soon teasing. "Maybe I can go easy on you, Just this one time. " She told him playfully. Maybe Lance would let her get a hit in. But the chances were low. It seemed a plan was set. And the little group was making there way to the kitchen. Well, All but Agravain. Who seemed to want to seek out his sibling. Caleb soon gave Agravain a nod. Murmuring gently. "Good luck. " She knew Gaheris could be a pain at times. hopefully he'd be willing to atleast listen to Agravain's offer! It would do him some good to get out of the house. Him and Agravain could have some bonding time. Caleb then was moving to go after Lance. Pausing briefly when Lance directed a question towards her.

Humming after a moment. "Maybe, I doubt he has anywhere else to be. " The man had been sticking close to Caleb lately. No doubt worried about the pregnancy. It shouldn't be to hard to convince him. Her expression turned to one of amusement as Lance spoke. Seemed he wanted to face Melodias. Caleb then said. "I'm sure he'd be willing to take you on. Hope you don't mind getting knocked down. " Caleb wasn't sure who she'd bet on in a actual proper fight. She knew Lance was skilled. But her father was too.

Caleb then told Lance. "Honestly, Its a bit of a shame him just hanging around here all the time. I've half a mind to try and see if he'd be willing to take some work at the castle. " He was not that old and had plenty of skills to pass on. He could help train some of the squires perhaps. But Caleb wasn't sure how willing he was to leave her side until after she had the baby.

”thanks for the vote of confidence” Lance muttered sarcastically, she wasn’t convinced In his ability to win then? To be fair, Melodias had a lot of experience and was no doubt a fearsome opponent but Lance was going to back himself, he was adaptable and in his prime, he figured he had a pretty good shot. He‘d like for Melodias to challenge him though, he didn’t mind helping out and training those less experienced but sometimes it was nice to have to actually work hard for a win.

”tell you what, my father could probably do with some help with the questing knights” he said. The questing of questing knights only continued to grow what with new ones being sent out due to many being away in Silas’ kingdom at the moment. ”he has to assess their skills, see if they’re suitable. You reckon your father might be any good at that?” Usual it meant watching them spar or sparring with them yourself, and also assessing their overall attitude then taking in their reports and stuff. Sure it wasn’t super exciting work but it might keep Melodias busy and get him talking to whole range of knights, including the older ones such as the king’s advisors.

”Also I got my father to promise me that once you’ve had this baby and are recovered he’ll assess you for quests” he mentioned. “nothing big, just something local to see how you get on. He seemed reluctant but he also said I could tag along at some point too“ yeah his father didnt seem to send him in auests, maybe he worried his assessment of Lance would be biased? “I think my father believes me to be irresponsible!” He mused “which I guess isn't unfounded” take Galahad for example and well Antonio had north trained and raised Lance, he knew that he preferred to follow his own rules. “but I guess me bringing back Gaheris has changed his mind somewhat” and probably stepping up to look after Galahad althiugh was also another reason ti he apprehensive to send him on quests, he had a son to look after now!

(yeah I figured at The next ball/event for Arthur, Silas snd that I could introduce the assassin lady but I just need to think of a name for her! I can see her annoying Gawain, flirting with Silas and robbing everyone as she works her way around the room)

(Maybe you could name her after the lady of the lake? Theres a couple different versions of her. But I saw one of the names was Vivien. And another name was Nimue? Something like that maybe? )

Melodias working with Antonio wasn't a bad idea. It would put the mans skills to use and he wouldn't have to go to far from home. Thus Caleb was soon nodding. Saying softly. "I'll ask him about it. " She promised. She had a feeling he'd be happy to help out. Would likely enjoy getting to know the knights at the castle. Caleb's eyes lit up though when Lance said Antonio would see about possibly getting her a quest. "Really? " A big grin on her face. Perhaps it might not be the most thrilling job. But it would be something nonetheless. Needless to say Caleb was eager. Lance tagging along was certainly a welcomed suggested as well. Caleb and Lance got along well, She considered him like a brother.

Soon Caleb snickered. "Well, I'll be certain to keep you in line during our quests. " Hopefully no more unexpected children would pop up! Caleb could only hope Lance would be more careful from now on. Reaching the dining room. The small group luckily didn't have to wait long. A servant had already started preparing breakfast and Caleb figured such would be ready soon. Her gaze then moved to Ruth. Who was already sitting down. Ruth soon asking. "You two aren't going anytime soon though? Right? " What? She wasn't eager for Lance to leave.

Caleb though brushed off her concerns. "No, It likely won't be for a while. It'll take a bit of time for me to be back in shape I figure. And I doubt we're going to pry Lance away from Galahad for a while. " Her last words teasing. She doubted Lance would want to leave anytime soon. She then said. "And if we did leave for something. Either Dad or Agravain will be here if you need them. " They wouldn't all leave her. She'd have someone around to keep her company. That seemed to comfort Ruth a bit. Who gave a small nod.

(hmm maybe, I’ll look into it)

Lance smiled at her enthusiasm, he‘d had a feeling she’d be pleased about the quest news. Admittedly he was excited about it himself, even if he didn’t want to leave his son, it’d be exciting to go on a mission, and at least it wouldn’t be as far away as a whole different kingdom. “Oh my goodness, that’s why he said we could quest together, so you could babysit me!” Lance said in slight shock. Okay it wasn’t that surprising but the audacity of his father to think he still needed someone to look after him. Lance was perfectly capable, and Caleb would hardly stop him from pursuing pretty girls, he’d just get more teasing about it!

Lance nodded in agreement. “Don’t worry, we wouldn’t be gone that long either” he added on. “We wouldn’t just abandon you on your own“ he reassured, they wanted her to stay safe so they weren’t just going to suddenly endanger her. Lance went to sit down, placing Galahad on his lap and he figured he better wake up the little boy for breakfast otherwise he was going to be hungry later.

”I think when we do go, it’ll be fun though. I like travelling, even if it won’t be far, and it’ll be nice to do something different“ yeah, it’d be a good little adventure, not that he knew what sort of job his father might give them but he was sure it’d only lead to bigger and better things should they ask for it. And Agravain should be pleased at the news because it also meant he’d be able to quest with Caleb soon too. Although maybe those two shouldn’t go on any too dangerous quests together in case their child ended up an orphan! Obviously Lance believed in their abilities but accidents happened and it was better safe than sorry. “But I’ll miss you Ruth” he said and then went to ruffle his son’s hair. “And Galahad. So you’ll both be getting big squeezes as soon as I return” he warned with a grin. Yeah, they’d be some hugs going around.

Caleb soon was snickering as realization came over Lance. Well, Caleb would need to do her best to keep Lance out of trouble. luckily wherever they went adventuring too wouldn't be far. They'd be able to keep in contact with everyone. Besides, It was a matter for the future. Ruth seemed relieved to know they wouldn't be gone far, And well, Hopefully by that time she'd already have a mentor to keep a eye on her. Ruth then put her hand on her chest and promised. "I'll keep a eye out on Galahad when you do leave. " She liked the boy, Wanted to make sure Lance had nothing to worry about. Speaking of. The little fella was soon being awoken by his father. Letting out a little whine in complaint. But he didn't fuss to much. Sleepily looking around the room.

Galahad then was looking up at Lance. Before motioning with his hands. 'Sleep. Want.' Seemed he was still sleepy. But Lance could probable guess that. Caleb watched curiously before musing. "Looks like he's starting to get the hang of that. " She imagined it was a relief for Lance having some sort of way to communicate with the boy. Caleb herself had tried to take note of some of the words. Atleast so she could understand if Galahad ever needed her.

Galahad was luckily soon distracted from his thoughts of sleep when the servant entered the room. Carrying plates of food that he set down for them. Galahad of course noticed the smell of good food. Sitting up straighter and reaching towards Lance's plate to try and grab a piece. Well, Atleast he was awake now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back