• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

(Oh yeah, Caleb would totally scold him over it. Like, Gavin has eaten people. Kidnapped his dad, Wants to kill him. Why the F would he ever consider being with her a good idea? Agravain and Gaheris's reaction would probable be a lot worse if they found out.
Could you imagine poor Antonio's reaction to just walking in on Gavin and Lance making out. Like, I feel like he would just be so exhausted and judge his son so much. )

Galahad had just been excitable playing with his grandfather. Taking the toy back and hugging it tightly when he was picked up. Pausing a bit when he looked up at Lance. Atleast he had a chance to get a proper goodbye from his mother. Who flushed a little at Lance's kiss. But she didn't linger on it. Simply gave them both a bright smile, Her focus soon on her son. Then- Lance and Galahad was gone. And Galahad whined a bit. Clearly uncertain how to take this. But luckily he didn't fuss too much. Simply decided to pay attention to the toy in his hands.

Lance might get more company returning home though. Gaheris was planning to go to the castle too. Perhaps on the journey back he'd join them? Though the two probable wanted to spend as little time together as possible considering how long they'd been stuck together. But there was someone who'd be excited to see Gaheris. Gavin. All the siblings were close after all. Though Gaheris surely had a tighter relationship with Gwen then Gavin. Each of the siblings still had a fondness for eachother.

The news that Gaheris was back and alive was a relief to Gavin. But she could hardly get on a horse and rush to see her brother. She was forced to remain in the castle. Thus she had to wait for Gaheris to eventually come to the castle which she expected would take some time. Surely he'd want to spend time with Gareth and Agravain before coming to see her? She could only imagine what sort of stories Agravain had spun about her. Bitter thoughts seemed to often seep into Gavin's mind these days. Perhaps it was due to the fact that she no longer had a outlet for her frustrations. She was sort of banned from killing people afterall. So she just let those thoughts fester. Quietly walking threw the halls of the castle as to return to her room. A single guard following her from a distance to ensure she did not wander off.

(I don’t think Lance would know how to explain it himself. He still misses Caroline but when he hears news of the pregnancy he’s gonna be reeling even more with his emotions all over the place. But he knows he can’t realistically have Caroline and that it’s better for him to try and move on. It’s just gonna be a mess and Agravain is going to go mental if he finds out and Gaheris might feel a bit betrayed, unless he figures she’s doing it for revenge, to break Lance’s heart)

Gaheris hadn’t stuck around for long, he didn't want to hang around whilst Agravain was sucking face with Caleb, the traitors, no, he was eager to see Gavin, at least she seemed rational! Not that he’d been told everything about her misdeeds like the eating people he didn’t need to know! So, he arrived at the castle fairly quickly and wasted little time in dillydallying. He just threw his reigns to some stable boy and rushed off, it’s not like Agravain would come searching for him, he was too busy.

It didn’t take long to find a servant which could show him to Gavin’s room and he pushed open the door, already complaining as he stepped inside. “Someone could've told me that Agravain would be such a traitor by the time I returned” he muttered. “He’s too busy having a baby to even come after me himself! And not just with anyone? That lying b*tch who just so happens to be best friends with the arsehole who crippled our brother” he growled. “Any other betrayals you want to let me know about?” Oh, like Agravain turning her in to the king so she could be arrested for even more!

”tell me you have a plan to at least hurt Lance, Agravain seems too busy sleeping with the enemy to care” Gaheris was worked up again from his hard ride and all he wanted to do was trust in his older sibling. If not Agravain then hopefully Gavin. “He’s been a d*ck the entire ride home, I’m more than happy to help”

(I could imagine Gaheris and/or Agravain confronting Lance about Gavin. And maybe threatening him over the matter. Really, I think all of Lance's romantic relationships are probable going to end in some form of tragedy at this rate! )

Gavin had just reached her room, Finally able to settle down alone and just plot when well... The door to her room was rather rudely swung open. Automatically she was bristling. Swinging around in a panic. But any fear or anger she carried was soon seeping away as she caught sight of Gaheris. The young man as angry as ever, Which well... Was normal for him. Something... Something that was normal and that she was used too was finally back again. Gavin barely even cared what he was saying. She didn't wait. She simply pounced on Gaheris and wrapping her arms around Gaheris in a tight hug. "Oh thank the gods your alive. Your back, Your here, Your safe. " He was okay. Something in there chaotic family was okay. Gavin was soon pulling away. Looking Gaheris over. But then Gaheris kept talking and Gavin wasted no time in covering Gaheris's mouth.

Gavin then quickly began. "Shh... Shh... Don't talk about that here, Not so loudly atleast. I know, I'm trying... But if anyone overhears us... We have to be careful. " If anyone caught Gavin plotting. The king would have little choice but to harshen Gavin's punishment. Besides... Gavin wasn't even sure she wanted Gaheris involved in this. It was something that could get him in trouble and she wasn't sure she was willing to risk it.

Gavin then shook her head. Telling Gaheris. "Gaheris, We are on our own. Okay? Agravain won't protect us. You... He told the king of some things I've done. I..." She was shaking now. Likely from anger. But tears were also in her eyes. Gavin then was saying. "Gaheris... I thought I'd lost you too.. Everythings a mess. Gareth is dying. My husbands dead. Agravain's turned his back on us. We... But we're together now, Right? I got this... We got this. " The last part was more spoken to herself then anyone else. Then she was wrapping her arms once more around Gaheris in a tight hug. She wasn't going to lose anymore family.

(Yeah, Lance isn’t exactly becoming known for his good relationship decisions)

Agravain had hugged Gaheris when he’d returned but it felt nicer coming from Gavin, he could trust her more. She seemed genuinely pleased to see him although he frowned as his mouth was covered; don’t tell him she’d chickened out as well! Oh...no, she was just cautious, clever. Gaheris was going to insist he was involved though, even if she didn’t want him to be. He wanted revenge on Lance too and two heads were better than one! She was arrested, Gaheris might be useful for enacting whatever plan they decided on and at least then she wouldn’t get the blame, hopefully.

He narrowed his eyes at the news of Agravain betraying her as well, what had their family come to? And he was also shocked to hear about her husband but he hadn’t known the man that well, just that Gavin had been very fond of him. He hesitated before hugging her back. “I won’t betray you” he promised. “Anything you need, anything, I can help” Gaheris insisted, and he should be able to provide even more help once he was knighted. He’d have to give the letter to the king once he found him.

”there...there’s this slave he’s fond of” Gaheris started to explain. “shes mine, brought her back with us, but he never lets her out of his sight. Shes a weak point for him” He suggested, and Gavin had promised not to hurt his family, she wasn’t family, she was just a slave! But she was still an innocent. “He shouldn’t be too hard to outsmart, he uses his d*ck to think rather than his head” Gaheris insisted, had to if Lance was sleeping with the princess!

Her and Gaheris were in this together and it was comforting. But Gavin was uncertain how much she could involve Gaheris. She couldn't get him wrapped up in this plot of revenge. He could be arrested like her! Then Gaheris started talking further. A slave? Did Lance have a slave? She knew that horrible man w- Oh... It wasn't his slave. It was Gaheris's. That caused a small look of disappointment to cross Gavin's face. Much of Gavin's twisted goals had been fueled by the idea of protecting innocent people. People who couldn't protect themselves. Needless to say, She wasn't a fan of slavery.

After Antonio, Gavin wasn't sure she had the stomach to hurt someone innocent. But it could be worth it to make Lance pay. So Gavin told Gaheris. "Bring her to castle so I can see her. Then we can decide if we can use her. " Who knows, Maybe this slave would be a horrible person! Then Gavin would have little issues with harming her. But... That brought up another matter. Gavin then told Gaheris. "Perhaps, But I am confined. And we both have morals. " There were some things Gavin would not do.

Slowly Gavin stepped away. Going to sit on the bed. Her eyes dark. Gavin then told Gaheris. "Our biggest rule, Is we do not harm children. No harm is to come to Galahad. " She wanted to make sure Gaheris knew that very clearly. Didn't want him to even consider that. Her hand flexed slightly in a fist as she thought. Muttering. "I don't want to hurt those around him... I want to hurt him... He's not even prey though. Dump his body somewhere and just let him rot. " Killing him did seem so nice. But then he wouldn't suffer. But it was still nice to daydream about. Gavin then looked back to Gaheris. Sighing. "Just give me time. And we will have her revenge. I just... I need to be on good behavior right now. I fear if I step out of line. They might take away my ability to see my daughter. " Right now, The girl was at the castle. Taken care of by a nanny. Gavin had refused for the girl to go to that traitorous Agravain. But atleast at the castle Gavin got to see her more.

To be fair to Gaheris, he hadn’t purchased Ruth, likely wouldn’t have thought of procuring a slave if Silas hadn’t given him one. And Gavin seemed to be under the impression that Gaheris was not as changed as he was. She might have morals, but Gaheris’ may be slipping. He’d killed innocents in that town because Loth had ordered him to, not a child but not people that had posed much threat to them. Although Gavin’s own morals were messed up what with eating humans and also feeding them to her family.

It shouldn’t be too difficult to get Ruth to the palace, she wanted to look for her brother, if she wasn’t alone with Gaheris on the journey or if he stabilised his emotions a bit then she might be more willing to come sooner. And Gaheris hadn’t thought too much about hurting Galahad. The little boy wouldn’t understand the sins of his father although he was no doubt a good way to get to Lance, he was aware that Lance would flip if they touched him and that would also upset the Queen and therefore the king. No, Gaheris agreed, they mostly wanted to hurt Lance directly, but how? Set some sort of trap and then torture him? Ruth might be good bait for that.

Oh...her daughter, his niece. ....his niece. “Gawain’s not coming home yet” he told Gavin. “Gwen....” and he hesitated, he still missed his sister. “She had a girl, Gawain’s looking after her until it’s safer to return home” he explained. “We almost lost her” Gaheris admitted, sitting down next to her on the bed, almost like the air had gone out of him, deflated. “they sold her to someone but....Silas got her back. She really looks like Gwen” he murmured and sure she was only little when he’d seen her but he could just tell she had Gwen’s strong spirit and was going to be cheeky like her mother.

The problem with capturing and torturing him, Well, It ment they'd likely need to kill him to keep him quiet. It was very likely if Lance suddenly went missing. Well, Eyes would be on Gavin. Unless she had a very good alibi. Even then, People knew she had people that worked for her. It was all very dangerous. But Gavin was soon forgetting all about Lance when Gaheris sat next to him. Suddenly Gavin was very much aware of just how broken Gaheris looked. Gwen's lost had hurt all of them. But for Gaheris? Well, The scars were probable the deepest. Gavin's eyes then widened. Gwen's child had survived? So some piece of her was still out there. Of course Gawain had remained behind. He'd never let go of Gwen's baby. Gavin didn't blame him.

"Oh Gaheris... " Gavin started. Moving her hand and placing it on his cheek to make him look at her. She then rested her forehead against his. "I know I wasn't able to... To go after the kidnappers. To help you or her... But, If it gives you some piece. I did what I could. " Gavin started. She was no knight. She'd never be allowed to go after and slaughter the slavers. But... There were other men Gavin blamed. "Her husband is dead. I made him bleed, Suffer. " Perhaps she shouldn't have been telling her little brother this. But she thought it would be something he'd like to know.

Gwen's husband was the reason they had left. He had kicked them out of his house in the night. So, Gwen had dealt with him and it had been a joy. She didn't go into details though. It was perhaps a bit gruesome for Gaheris she thought. And he didn't need to know all of what she had done. Just that it had been taken care of. Gwen then moved her finger to her lips in a shushing motion. Pulling away slightly. "The king does not know of this crime, Thus this is just between me and you dear. " Though the king could probable guess what had happened to him when the knight went missing.

Gavin had the gentle touch that Agravain was missing, she knew when to be soft but she also knew when to be hard and unforgiving. She was reassuring and Gaheris actually trusted her, believed in her. Of Gavin had the chance, he knew she would try and make this kidnappers pay, but she was bound here yet Gaheris was no less believing of her intent. And she was dangerous to those that had wronged them because she’d killed Gwen’s husband, as he deserved for starting this whole chain of events. Gaheris pressed his lips together and nodded in approval. She shouldn’t have had to though, Agravain should’ve killed him, stopped Gavin from getting her hands dirty.

”I’m not a snitch” he promised Gavin, not like Agravain apparently. And that was true because he wasn’t even planning on Telling the king about Lance and Caroline. “And I’m not going to abandon you either” he told her. “I’m going to visit you often” he insisted. “I know you’re arrested but surely the king would let you visit me too?” He asked. “You can see Gareth and give me some reprieve from Agravain” and Caleb. Maybe Gavin would help talk some more sense into Agravain, they might be able to convince their brother back onto their side. “I just know he’s going to be unbearable once that baby’s born” Gaheris wouldn’t get any attention and Agravain would be too busy being some stupid father than helping them with important stuff!

Gaheris was promising to keep things quiet. Which Gavin was thankful for. She trusted him. Once she had trusted Agravain though, And clearly she had been wrong to do that. Her eyes then softened as Gaheris kept talking. "I will try to convince him. I have been of use to him lately so perhaps he could give me that freedom. " Gavin had also not attempted to escape. She knew she wouldn't get far if she ran. And even if she did succeed in getting away, Well... It would probable only cause more problems in the future. So Gavin was content playing nice for the moment.

Gavin then frowned. Gaheris was probable going to be staying with Agravain. Was that safe? Surely he could get a room in the castle! But... Agravain would likely argue. Besides, Gareth needed him. So Gavin then muttered. "Agravain has turned his back on us. We only have eachother now. " All Agravain cared about was Caleb it seemed. Bitterness was clear in Gavin's voice. She then shook her head and warned Gaheris. "Gaheris... I hate to burden you like this. But promise me you'll take care of Gareth? We can't rely on Agravain after all. " Gaheris likely wouldn't want to be burdened taking care of Gareth. But the siblings still loyal to eachother needed to care for eachother.

Agravain probable wouldn't be willing to send Gareth somewhere else. The castle would be nice. But Gavin wouldn't exactly be able to care for him considering her imprisonment. Plus Morgan was running around the castle as well! Thus Gareth was stuck with his traitorous brother. Gavin then had a idea. Frowning before telling Gaheris. "Give me time, I can try and get you your own property away from Agravain. So you and Gareth can be away from him. But such won't be easy... " She didn't think she could get away with giving Gaheris her old home. Considering all the murdering and kidnapping that had gone on there. People would not be pleased, Still, She could buy a new home so Gaheris was able to move away. But Agravain might not be willing to let Gareth go.

Gaheris didn’t exactly want to live with Agravain, and certainly not with Caleb, he also wasn’t that comfortable with living with Gareth but at least Agravain would be too busy with Caleb to tell him what to do too much and besdies, Gaheris would still rather not be pestered by Morgan. At least with Agravain he didn’t have to fend for himself too much. He would’ve lived with Gavin if given the choice but they couldn’t just abandon Gareth and Gavin was currently imprisoned.

Was Gavin aware of what had happened between Gaheris and Gareth? He hadn’t told her and Agravain hadn’t either but she was much like Morgan in the fact that sometimes she knew things she shouldn’t. Gaheris was hesitant but she was right, Agravain was going to drop Gareth as soon as that baby was born. “I’ll look after him” Gaheris promised. And Gavin really was the best big sister because she was proposing getting Gaheris his own property. Gaheris looked at her all big eyed in wonder, soon he’d be a knight and a home owner! He was really making it in the world. He leaned across to give his sister another hug.

”I won’t let Agravain stop me” he insisted. “He‘ll be too busy with the Caleb and their stupid baby to notice me taking Gareth” It‘d be easy because it wasn’t like Agravain cared about them anymore! and then Gaheris pulled away and stood up. “I’ll visit again soon, but I have to give a letter to the king” he explained and he better get his knighthood or Lance’s little secret was in danger. Even if he did spill it to Alexander, he might get what he wanted so that he didn’t spill it to the rest of the kingdom, Alexander would rather keep it contained.

Gavin perhaps would have suggested a different plan if she had known what happened between Gaheris and Gareth. Sadly. That was something she was unaware of. Only a few people knew afterall and none had intentions of speaking. Gaheris certainly didn't seem like he intended to tell her. But atleast he seemed relatively okay. Eyes lighting up at the idea of having his own home. When Gawain returned then he would probable insist Gaheris live with him. But that was not for some time, For now, They had to simply deal with not having a big brother to protect them!

Gavin soon wrapped her arms around Gaheris and gave him a tight hug. Not eager to see him gone. But then he was getting up. A letter? Gavin frowned slightly. But soon brushed it off. It was likely a letter from Gawain. The man would have wanted to inform the king of everything that had happened surely. Standing up. Gavin stepped closer to Gaheris. Placing a hand on his shoulder. "If anything happens. Or you need me for anything. I'm here. " He could come seek her out. Goodness knows Agravain wouldn't be of any help.

It was time to say goodbye then. And Gavin wasn't eager to see him go. But she soon let go of his shoulder. Her eyes darkening as she murmured quietly. "And don't worry about Lance. I'll figure out a way to handle him. " She'd get revenge. They both would. They just needed to be patient and watch there step.

Gaheris was at least somewhat assured by his older sister. He could rely on her and thus he felt less tense than when he’d first arrived. Hopefully she wouldn’t leave him out of her plan for Lance, he wanted to help, but he’d ask how progress was going next time he saw her. And he’d try to bring Ruth with him. But for now, he had to go become a knight! Although he might have some trouble finding Alexander or getting a moment with him since he was at his wife’s side and they weren’t exactly receiving guests.

Back in Caroline’s kingdom, Arthur was beginning to worry a bit more. Sitting around did nothing for his nerves, he’d rather be doing something. They had to tell her father she was pregnant, he got that was likely a daunting prospect since Caroline herself likely hadn’t fully come to terms with it yet but it was better that it came from them before her lady brought it up. And then she could get checked out by a medic who would be able to advise her on the pregnancy and anything she might need to take and hopefully put some of their worries to rest.

Arthur was more worried about telling Silas though. The other prince hadn’t wanted his sister to get married, knew the two didn’t love each other, he probably wasnt going to be pleased about Caroline being pregnant. Arthur didn’t want the first thing he did to be annoy Silas, he would rather have him as a friend otherwise this stay here was going to be awkward and unpleasant. But they couldn’t tell Silas first, that was uncouth. He got that Caroline was likely exhausted with this news and her worry, maybe didn't want her father to see her any different but the quicker they got it over and done with, the quicker they’d be less stressed about it. Right? And Arthur felt it'd be odd to tell her father by himself. “We should tell your father” he suggested softly to his wife, aware that she may not react fondly to such an idea. “I was just thinking, the sooner it’s out there, the sooner you can be medically supported” he explained. “And what if others start to notice anyway, like Gawain did? I‘m certain your lady knows, she almost smiled at me the other day” he pointed out as proof, whereas normally all he’d get is a glare. But her father might be busy, he‘d not greeted them for long, said he’d see them at the welcome feast tonight, but that might not be the best place to tell him the news, or maybe it was? Likely wouldn’t be that intimate but at least they’d already be celebrating.

Caroline's father would likely be pleased by her pregnancy. It ment she had succeeded in her duty as princess. As well as strengthened the alliance between both kingdoms. But Caroline was... Disappointed. She didn't want this. She felt awful. A part of her just wanted to continue to sulk. But Arthur was right. Caroline thus sat up from where she was curled up on the bed. Expression tired. "Your right.. " She started. Before a small smile showed on her face. Yeah, Her lady had been a bit softer on Arthur lately. Caroline had only assumed that the woman was beginning to like Arthur! But no, It was simply her being excited over a royal baby probable. Caroline then shook her head. "Father is busy though. I.. We should perhaps send a servant to see if he can make time to see us. " The worst thing they could do was interrupt him during a important meeting or something. Even with the good news they'd likely be scolded.

Caroline then scooted closer to Arthur. Her gaze low. She then confessed to Arthur. "I'd also like to see Silas. " He was her brother, And while he might take the news horribly. She wanted to see him. She had hardly been able to greet him after all. But knowing Silas, He might not even be in the castle. There was a decent chance he had gone to party in town. Or maybe he was sulking in one of his many hideouts around the castle. Silas was good at avoiding things. If he didn't want to be near Arthur and Caroline... Well, It would be very difficult for them to track him down.

Caroline sighed before standing up. Some of her sickness had faded. So she looked at Arthur. "C'mon, We can send a servant to see if Father can see us. And in the meantime. I... Maybe I could give you a tour? A distraction would be nice. " They'd also be able to keep a eye out for Silas. Maybe check on some of the knights who had guarded them during the journey. Though Caroline was sure they had each been set up with lovely rooms. Her father would want to give a good impression afterall!

Maybe Arthur would get along with her ladies better now that they were back in their kingdom and Caroline was pregnant, although whether they’d actually turn out to like him was another matter. And oh...they would have to inform that poor lady’s family about her death, although he supposed one of the other ladies might do it. And Caroline was right, Arthur didn’t want to be rude so they might have to wait a little while so he didn’t make a poor impression on the king although he may be curious why they’d asked for another audience with him so soon.

Arthur would like to see her brother too although after watching the tail end of his argument with the king, Silas probably didn’t want to see him, and not with the way they’d left things. Still, he’d probably want to see his sister right? He’d travelled to a whole different kingdom to see her! Of course he’d like to see her again, but was now the right time? Arthur stood up to, nodding in agreement, it’d be good to see the place and get his bearings, maybe would make him feel a little more grounded and a little less lost. “I’d love to see the place you grew up” he agreed, maybe she’d like to visit her old room, see if it was still intact, or maybe she’d rather avoid it for fear it’d been completely changed.

”Do you even have gardens? I imagine it’d be too cold” Arthur mused, what with the snow and everything. Back home they had outside tournaments and the knights trained out there and on hot days the king might set up a tent outside for discussions but Caroline’s kingdom was so much colder, he couldn’t imagine they had a lot of outside activities, and if they did he wasn’t sure he’d like to participate. Then his thoughts turned to the siblings; “did you and Silas have the same teacher growing up?” He was curious, he hadn’t grown up with any brothers or sisters so he’d always been taught alone but he figured it might’ve been fun to have a sibling. When he was smaller, he used to sit with his mother and watch Alexander train some of his cousins but he’d not be asked to join in. He could imagine growing up here without a siblings would’ve been quite lonely, or at least it felt that way, although he guessed growing up back home wasn’t any less lonely, but at least his mother had been by his side almost constantly.

Caroline smiled and gently took her husbands arm to lead him out of the room. Amusement soon crossing her face. "Its not always so cold. During spring flowers are everywhere. I imagine you'll enjoy when the snows gone. " Arthur didn't seem to be someone much interested in the freezing temperature. But that was also what gave Caroline's kingdom such protection. No one wanted to brace the cold! Atleast when spring and summer came the land would turn green and beautiful. Caroline then blinked at the next question. Before shaking her head. "Not really, We had multiple teachers. But we only shared a few. " Silas was expected to be king one day. His studies had involved much, He even had learned some sword play! Though Caroline did not think he was much good with a weapon.

Caroline then mused. "Silas probable skipped about half his lessons. I don't even know what he was running off to do. " Probable party in town knowing him. Goodness knows the two's father had scolded Silas plenty. Speaking of Silas. Caroline slowed down as they walked the halls. Murmuring. "I uh... Figured I'd show you the way to Silas's room first. He probable isn't there. But, It might be good to know. " Caroline figured Arthur would want to be able to visit Silas. Sure, The two didn't seem that fond of eachother. But it was still good for Arthur to know.

Turning the corner. It seemed Caroline was wrong though. Because when Caroline rounded the corner. Well... There Silas was. She instantly paused. Though Silas had yet to notice the couple. No, He was quietly arguing with a guardsman. The guard seeming relatively frustrated and talking too low for Caroline to hear. But she did hear Silas snap. "I don't care. You can tell him to f*ck off. " Before he was turning, Ready to storm away when he spotted Arthur and Caroline. And well... This was the second time they had spotted him in a uncomfortable position. For Silas froze up. Seeming uncertain what to do before averting his gaze. Silas seemed in a bit of a state of disarray. Not helped by the slight bruising he carried. Likely from the earlier with his father.

He was going to run again. That was clear, He was ready to back away. Dismiss himself from the situation and leave the young couple alone. But he didn't get a chance. Because Caroline was surging forward to wrap her arms around him in a hug. Silas didn't fight. Simply tensed up for a moment before returning the hug. Caroline scolding. "You left without saying goodbye! And you can't even come find us to say hello! " She was angrily rambling. While Silas murmured a quiet. "I... I know... I'm sorry. " But he was still not looking directly at her or Arthur.

Arthur wasn’t sure he could imagine this place as truly warm but he supposed they’d see, they’d be here quite a while. He guessed it made sense that they weren’t fully taught together, they had to learn different things although he wasn’t surprised about Silas’ truancy. It would be good to know where Silas’ room was, hopefully because they’d become friends again, but if not to avoid should things go further south between them. He didn’t want to be at odds with Silas but it wasn’t just up to Arthur to decide. And speak of the devil, there was Silas, in what appeared to be another argument.

Caroline managed to hold onto Silas before he got away which was good because he felt Caroline probably needed that hug. Still, Silas looked like he’d rather be somewhere else. Arthur wanted to ask, wanted to ask so bad, what all this muttering and swearing was about but Silas hadn’t even wanted to see them, why would he tell them what was going on? And that bruising in his face.... Arthur didn’t think his father had ever hit him like that, maybe in training but not as some sort of punishment. Although hadn’t been one much for disobeying until fairly recently. So Arthur, as curious as he was, decided to leave it for the moment, instead decided to try and put Silas at ease and then hopefully he wouldn’t turn tail and run as soon as Caroline let go of him.

”I wanted to thank you for guiding the knights, I hope they treated you well” Arthur told him, he’d done a good job, “I don’t know if they would’ve made it without you but I‘ll admit that we did miss you” Arthur told him earnestly and he was including himself in that statement. Silas had left before the wedding and before anything truly wacky had gone down so maybe he’d chosen the right time to leave although maybe if he’d stayed Arthur wouldn’t have ended up in his current situation. Did Silas know about this baby with Morgan? Maybe Arthur should tell him so that he had something to be mad over, so he could shout at him and be angry but so he could stay. No, maybe he could still be friendly right now. “It’s good to see you again Silas,“ Arthur admitted, and he wanted to call him a friend but he also didn’t want to give Silas the opportunity to say they weren’t.

Silas's attention was soon dragged to Arthur as the man started talking. Though he kept his gaze cast downwards. Knights treating him well? Ha, Gawain had probable attempted to strangle him half a dozen times during the journey. Only Lance had really kept him safe. Silas thus huffed. "Well, None of your knights can freaking listen. So I'm surprised they made it even with me. " Which that probable sounded more like a joke. But Silas was serious. It was a constant struggle to keep the group following the path. Everyone thinking they could take a shorter route if they went there own way. Thinking of the journey nearly gave Silas a headache.

Silas's then finally looked up at Arthur. Eyes tired and worried. Good to see him? No, It didn't feel that way to Silas. Silas had run, Hadn't said goodbye and he knew that hung heavy in the air. Perhaps It would have been made easier if both Caroline and Arthur were shouting at him. Then he'd feel less bad. It was then Caroline slowly pulled away. Looking up at her brother. Saying softly. "Silas... You look awful. " It wasn't just the bruising. Silas seemed exhausted. Silas wrinkled his nose slightly at his sister. "What a lovely compliment. " He muttered.

Caroline gaze turned sterner, Murmuring. "You know what I mean... What... What did you do? " He was always doing something to upset there father. Caroline didn't think now was any different. But it seemed she had touched a nerve, For frustration showed on his face at that. Snapping. "Why am I always to blame? Don't you start, I get enough of that from father, And f*cking Gawain can't keep his mouth shut either. I- " But he seemed to falter a bit as he stared down at Caroline. Who seemed rather surprised by his outburst. Silas then took a step back. Murmuring. "I'm sorry, We'll talk later. I... I need to take a walk. " With that he turned as to storm away. Caroline didn't try to stop him. The guard soon trailing after Silas.

Arthur didn’t know whether Silas was being playful or not but he wasn’t overly surprised the knights hadn't wanted to listen to him. He was a foreign prince, they’d been tired and wanted to get there as soon as possible and a Silas could be a bit of a brat. Still, Silas had made it and was safe now, he didn’t need to hang out with the knights any more. Although things didn’t seem to be going much better for him right now. Arthur met Silas’ gaze and yeah, he did look terrible. He looked worn out and worn down, not the Silas he was used to at all.

Him leaving did hang in the air, left a chasm that Arthur wasn’t entirely sure how to cross. He hadn’t even said goodbye, hadn’t even left a note, had just ran. It meant they were in a stage which wasn't quite friendship, because him and Silas had argued before he’d left, but Arthur didn’t hate him, just had wished he’d said something before he went. Arthur frowned at Silas’ outburst. Okay, he knew that Silas argued with his father, but what had Gawain done? Had he been berating Silas? Or maybe telling the king about some of his misdeeds? He supposed he could ask Gawain when they had their chat.

He wasn’t going to get the answers from Silas it seemed because he was trying to walk off and although Arthur was tempted to run after him he didn‘t. “I see you’re running away again” Arthur called out after him and immediately bit his tongue. That had just slipped out, but actually, you know what? Arthur was mad at Silas himself, he’d left before they could make up, although Arthur hadn’t forgotten his incredibly rude behaviour or his treatment of Kay. “You left, didn’t even stay for the wedding! Not a note, nothing. Your sister‘s been missing you, missing her home, and now you can’t even give her five minutes of your time?” Arthur continued, getting a little worked up. This might not end well with the mood that Silas was in but he wasn’t the only one allowed to get angry or frustrated. “She’s been worried about you. Hell, even I have. We just want to know what’s wrong” Maybe they could help? Or at least comfort him?

Silas froze up when he heard Arthur call. Tensing, But he somewhat preferred this. It was easier then Arthur just being nice all the time. He shouldn't be soft with Silas, Because Silas shouldn't keep running. Someone had to say it. But then Arthur was being all sweet again. Which Silas hated. he then muttered. "What isn't wrong? " Silas then turned around to face Arthur. Snapping. "You know what, I did run away. I was selfish and a coward and that was easier. " It was easier then being around any of them. He then placed his hand on his chest. "I just wanted some peace to freaking be sad. Is that too much to ask? " Goodness knows being around people hadn't been working out for him a lot so far.

Silas seemed ready to snap more. But he faltered. Reaching up to rub his neck awkwardly. "I don't want to talk to you. " Not infront of his little sister atleast. Arthur didn't feel like someone to talk to either. He liked Arthur. Silas wasn't looking at them again. Didn't want to look at them. "Look, I'm sorry. But I can't do this right now. " Maybe he should have just said everything was okay. If he thought it would get them off his back then he would have.

Caroline seemed uncertain. A part of her wanted to snap at him. She had seen Silas before after arguments with there father. But normally he just seemed angry. Now he just seemed defeated and that worried her. Letting him go was a option. It seemed like what he wanted. But Caroline didn't feel right doing that either. "Don't talk then, If we don't talk about any of that. You'll stay? Yeah? " She tried. Because atleast it seemed a little better. It made Silas hesitate for a moment. Before murmuring. "Later, Not... Not now. " Now was too much. He knew Caroline was disappointed. It was probable visible on her face. Perhaps thats why he was avoiding looking at them.

Arthur wasn’t usually an angry person, he wasn’t overly irritable and tried his best not to hurt people but Silas was someone who had succeeded quite well at getting on his nerves in the time that he’d known him. He understood that people didn’t get on with those they were too similar with but he didn’t think that was the case with them, he wouldn’t have said he and Silas were alike. No, Silas was far more outspoken, as annoying as it was, Arthur sort of admired him for it, willing to say the things he thought whereas Arthur bit his tongue and stayed polite. Silas was strong in ways Arthur wasn’t but everyone had their weaknesses and Arthur just wanted to help.

Silas was at least owning up to his mistakes, more than Arthur had actually expected and he’d honestly expected a more explosive response from the other prince. He frowned as Silas said he didn’t want to talk to him. Why not?.....Did Silas hate him? And Silas kept saying he was sorry. He’d apologised more in a minute than Arthur had heard him say sorry the whole time he’d known him. What on Earth was going on? Did Silas really think going to wallow on his own was going to help? When Silas had visited them, he’d seek out others, however inappropriately, for some emotional distraction, and whilst some of that might not have been healthy, surely being alone wasn’t going to be any better?

”How about you just listen?” Arthur suggested. “I mean, we have a lot to tell you” Morgan, being drugged, Vere Caroline’s lady, killing Loth, even the pregnancy. Some of it wasn’t the easiest for Arthur to think about and the same probably went for Caroline but maybe telling Silas about their own problems would get him to open up about his. “Cmon, you can mope later” he insisted. “It’s not everyday your sister returns home after an excruciatingly long and cold journey,“ and okay maybe he was trying to guilt trip him a little. He crossed his arms over his chest then. “You know I’m just being polite right? I could just throw you over my shoulder and take you with us” he pointed out. The guard might have something to say about that. Arthur wasn’t usually one to threaten such things but Silas was hardly a large man and Arthur doubt it’d be much problem for him even if he himself wasn’t the biggest or strongest knight agoing. Would maybe be a little amusing though, he wondered if Ronan had ever done such a thing to the prince. Probably.

Yeah, Silas didn't really want to listen to them. He had heard enough whispers about things that had occurred. And if even half of those things were true, Well... Silas figured he'd have a headache by the end of it. He was about to refuse. But then Arthur was threatening to just carry him. Silas couldn't really tell if he was joking. But it was true. Arthur could probable drag or carry Silas anywhere he wanted him to go. Though that thought left a bad taste in Silas's mouth. It was enough to finally make him nod though. Sighing. "Fine. " He didn't exactly seem pleased. But atleast he seemed unlikely to fuss too much.

Silas then moved towards Arthur and Caroline. Saying. "C'mon. Lets find somewhere a little more private to talk. I don't feel like dealing with nosy guards and servants. " With that he sent a pointed look to his own guard before looking back at them. Caroline was smiling now. Before saying. "I would suggest your room, But I figure you probable have someone in there as usual. " It was near, But Caroline knew her brother. He always had someone pretty in there. Caroline had learned that the hard way by walking in on him many times. But Silas blinked.

He then awkwardly told Caroline. "No, I uh... " He seemed to be thinking for a moment. Before confessing. "I haven't had much desire to have anyone join me lately. But, I'd still rather somewhere else. The castle is too stuffy. " Okay, Something really wasn't right with Silas. He slept with everyone. He actually seemed a bit flustered talking about the subject. Which Silas never got flustered. Briefly Caroline wondered if someone had perhaps kidnapped her brother, Maybe this was some strange imposter. But Silas then was moving away from them. Murmuring. "Well, Come on. I'm not going to wait for you two. I know a decent spot. "

Arthur wasn’t sure if he was joking or not either. He didn’t want to walk through the castle with a petulant prince on his shoulder but he also didn’t want Silas to leave and sulk by himself. He smiled in triumph, pleased that Silas was going along with this, however begrudgingly. Point to Arthur he guessed. He agreed that the presence of guards weren’t going to help things but Silas was far more blunt than Arthur had ever thought about being, still, he didn’t argue and listened to the siblings talk.

Now, Arthur didn’t know Silas nearly as well as Caroline but even he knew this was unusual behaviour. What was going on? Of course Silas didn’t want to be questioned though. Had something happened on his journey home or something? Maybe he’d been injured groinally and didn’t want to talk about it. Or Maybe Silas had realised how unhealthy his obsession with touching flesh was. Arthur didn’t think he’d get the answers straight away but it was something to muse on. Couldn’t spend all day thinking though, he made sure to keep up with Silas, he didn’t want to get lost around here.

Arthur wanted to ask a million questions but that wasn’t what Silas had agreed to so he decided he’d start talking, not anything secret or important, just telling him stuff. “We met the other half of the knights on the way here” he murmured. “It was good to see Gaheris” which was technically true despite the boy’s attitude and the information he’d learnt and everything he’d done, he was still glad his cousin had been retrieved. “I’m not sure you giving him a slave was the smartest idea” he confessed and he didn’t want to say too much about that either because Caroline was bound to say something. ”but that’s out of my hands. I was expecting to hear a lot of complaining about you” he admitted Which again might not be lifting the mood. ”and whilst there was some, Lance almost seemed fond of you” he murmured which had certainly been a turn around from the way they’d been before. Maybe Lance had just enjoyed the babysitting experience though.

It seemed Arthur didn't wait long before he was talking. Which Silas didn't know if he was happy about, Or annoyed over. But he listened quietly. Ah, Gaheris. Silas hadn't been fond of the boy. But he did snicker a bit at the mention of the slave. It hadn't really been a gift, More of just a way to annoy everyone. Clearly it was working. Which Silas could very much say he was pleased about. But then Arthur was mentioning Lance. And Silas seemed to pay more attention. "Was he... Alright? After traveling so far? " It seemed Arthur had gained Silas's interest. And Silas was soon asking. "Did he happen to say anything regarding me? " Interest on his face. Silas doubted Lance had talked much about Silas. But he was a bit hopeful about hearing something.

Lance had protected him throughout the journey. But it wasn't just that. Silas and Lance had kissed, And while Lance had no interest in him. Lance hadn't really told him that. Silas was still very much under the impression something was going on between them. So maybe he seemed a bit more excited and flustered talking about him. Caroline didn't seem to notice anything other then the excitement. If she did, She didn't say anything atleast. "Well, You seem rather happy. I take it you and Lance were friends? " Which was odd enough. Silas didn't exactly make the most friends.

Silas looked at her. Saying. "Yeah... uh, Friends. He's... He's a better man then I thought he was. " He didn't exactly get the best first impression regarding Lance. Silas then looked forward. opening a door to a lovely room, Which on the far end was glass leading out onto a balcony. Silas waited for both Arthur and Caroline to enter the room. Holding the door open, Before slamming it closed right in the guards face. The man had been trailing behind, And as much as Silas would love the fresh air of being outside. He knew if he went into the courtyard the guard would be right behind. A room like this ment he could lock the man out. Which Silas happily did, Before turning and walking towards the balcony. Murmuring. "It'll probable take him a good while to find the key to this room. So we'll be alone for a bit. "

Arthur hadn’t been expecting a reply, Silas after all didn’t seem to be much in the mood for talking but he was pleased when the other prince spoke up. Confused as well though. Silas was far more interested than he’d expected and whilst Arthur was not the best at noticing things at times, there was something about the way Silas talked that was similar to Caroline when Lance was the subject. No, he was probably just reading too much into it. Whatever. It was nice that Silas had made friends with Lance, didn't seem like the same could be said for Gawain though Judging by his earlier comment.

Arthur was no stranger to beautiful rooms but he certainly admired the difference in architecture, the differences in styles that this castle had to his home. His thoughts were interrupted by the slamming of a door though, opening his mouth and then closing it again with a slight loss for words. Couldn’t have just asked him to wait outside then? “Any particular reason you’re being tailed?” Arthur asked curiously and yes, he knew Silas didn’t want questions but he couldn’t help himself. It made sense to keep an eye on the crown prince, especially one as seemingly troublesome as Silas but he and Caroline didn’t have a knight, was this regular or was Silas being babysat?

He followed Silas towards the balcony and looked at the view rather than the prince. He was aware that some rumours had probably reached his ears but it was best to get the news from the source. Arthur didn’t exactly enjoy talking about the things that had transpired though, still, he’d promised they’d tell him about what had happened. “I said we’d tell you about what you’ve missed. Anything in particular you want to hear about?“ he asked, and maybe he was also gauging to see what Silas had heard, might help him understand what the King had already heard. He didn't like being in the dark, in a place he didn’t know. Oh, Caroline’s dad probably already hated him, who were they kidding?

Ah, Of course Arthur wanted to know why he was being followed. Reasonable. Silas frowned before saying. "Well, I mean. I did run off to another kingdom. " Yeah, He didn't think his father was going to forgive him for that for a while. Silas then shook his head. Telling Arthur. "I'm sure if you asked father. He has a book full of plenty of reasons I need to be followed. " Yeah, Silas and his father were still at odds. But Silas didn't go into any more depth regarding the matter. Simply looked out of the balcony. It was a lovely view. One could see plenty of the city from here. And even further out the frosty wilderness.

Silas raised his eyebrow at the question. Glancing at Arthur. He then asked. "I...I've heard you and Morgan... What did she do to you? " There was no blame in his tone. Just worry. Which was odd. He probable hadn't heard about the drugging. Only a few people knew about that. Only the pregnancy. Caroline was obviously confused by that. She had been expecting Silas to yell at Arthur. Not this. Caroline then asked. "You know he wasn't responsible? " Because that seemed to be the case.

Silas waved his hand dismissively. "Please, I know how to read people. I knew Arthur's interests the first day I met him. He wouldn't have gone for that woman unless something else was going on." He didn't specify what Arthur's interests were to Caroline. It wasn't his place to tell her. Silas then murmured. "And I actually had to learn about members of most royal families. Morgan doesn't have a good reputation. " For someone that ditched most of his studies. Silas had retained a decent bit. He knew trickery. He knew who to watch out for. This was a kingdom that used words as weapons. He had to understand such things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back