• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

(Yeah, Arthur does his best to ignore it and realises That it’s all too much for him and he does want to be with Silas even with the risk of everything)

Silas wasn’t too upset it seemed which was a relief, even managing to joke with him. Arthur made a face as he talked about Galehaut hurting him, things had admittedly been very rough. Arthur nodded in understanding and stood back up to start getting fully dressed again. “I will” he promised, he’d make it up to Caroline however he could. Something warm blossomed in him as Silas didn’t ask him to move out and instead admitted he enjoyed The company, as if the man hadn’t just admitted he liked Arthur and would be happy to pursue something with him.

Arthur gave him a sideways glance though as he talked about taking partners again, tamping down the brief flame of jealousy at the suggestion. He would learn to be alright with it, because he had to be. “I am not into bruises” he clarified, as much as it appeared otherwise at the moment. “Besides, I don’t want Caroline asking what I’m getting up to” So he wasn’t shooting down the idea of meeting some of Silas’ ‘fun friends’, maybe it’s help him learn to be more casual and relaxed with his emotions, even if the idea wasn’t straight up calling to him. “She’s going to think I’ve been in a fight or something, maybe fallen down the stairs” he complained. He’d just have to stay well clothed around his wife for the moment, although he still had his limp but hopefully that’d wear off soon.

”Silas…..thank you” he said, reaching a hand out to squeeze Silas’ before dropping it and finishing getting dressed. “I need to go to Caroline, do you think she’ll still be in her room?“ or maybe she’d gone to breakfast but being upset and possibly sick might make her miss it. Arthur went to open the door and well, Caroline wouldn’t be the first one he Saw because Galehaut was still out there, leaning against the opposite wall and smirking at him. “Sleeping beauty” Galehaut drawled “awoken by Prince Charming” Arthur did not need this, Galehaut was going to be insufferable, he could just tell. It was bad enough he had to do the walk of shame, but Galehaut was making it ten times worse. Silas was right, Galehaut had been a bad choice, next time he should at least pick someone he’d never see again.

Silas couldn't help but grin at Arthur as he complained about not liking bruises. Silas couldn't blame him, He'd never found much interest in such things. He was right that he might need to think up a excuse. So Silas offered. "You can always tell her I beat you up. " He joked. Yeah- No. Everyone knew Silas had no chance against Arthur in a fight. Even Silas himself knew it. But it was a funny thought. He paused as he felt Arthur's hand. Finding once more redness returning to his cheeks. But he soon glanced away. Instead murmuring softly. "I... Imagine she is, That or at breakfast. " She had seemed upset, So Silas doubted she'd leave her room. Though it was possible she had went somewhere else to be alone for a while. The castle was a bit place.

Trailing after Arthur. Soon stopping as he caught sight of Galehaut. The mans words earning a eyeroll from Silas. But Silas was a bit thankful to him, He'd fetched him after all. Still, Silas soon mused. "Next time, Can you please be more gentle with him. I fear you'll break him. " Because while Arthur seemed to be done with seeing Galehaut. One never knew! He then was walking forward. Hesitating for a moment before saying. "Thank you for getting me. " The hunt for Arthur would have been far longer had he not. It was strange, Galehaut didn't seem the type to much care about such things. But clearly he must have had a bit of concern for Arthur to seek him out.

Silas then looked towards Arthur. Wrinkling his nose for a moment. Because frankly, Arthur still smelled of alcohol. Thus Silas said. "You probable should clean yourself up before going to see Caroline. C'mon, You can get dressed in my room. I'll chase Leo off if he's still there. " Arthur had spent the night often with Silas, Of course he had some clothes there. Hopefully Leo would already be gone by the time they arrived.

Silas would not be able to beat Arthur up unless he let him, but if they got in with his self defence snd combat lessons a bit more then maybe he’d have more of a fighting chance. No, he’d just have to cover himself up so Caroline didn’t see or say he’d had a spat with a knight or something. Well, to be fair a knight had given them to him. A knight who was clearly relishing in the waves of awkwardness and uncomfortableness coming off of Arthur. His cheeks were burning as Silas talked to Galehaut. For his part Galehaut let his smirk fade somewhat and gave Silas a pointed stare with dark eyes: “I won’t be the ones to break him“ No, he could physically mark Arthur but that meant nothing in comparison to the damage others could do.

Silas was right that he should clean up, maybe have a bath so he went to give Galehaut a stiff nod and depart. Galehaut didn’t stop them but did give Arthur a slap on the bum As he walked past, earning an indignant squeak from Arthur which set Galehaut off laughing. Arthur scowled, cheeks darkening even more snd body getting tenser. “For someone who’s just been f*cked six ways ti Sunday, you’re awfully uptight“ Galehaut chuckled before leaving them be, entering his bedroom and closing the door after himself.

Arthur…..he regretted a lot of last night. Galehaut was part of it even though it had been what he'd need at the time, he wished he hadn’t gotten to that point. Funny how he didn’t like the teasing from Galehaut but seemed amused by such things from Silas. And Arthur wouldnt be surprised if Silas had anything more to say but he could say it on the move as Arthur limped to Silas’ room, walk getting a bit better if not entirely normal. “I want to make it up to Caroline but there’s some things I said to her that I won’t be able to explain’ he said softly to Silas before they entered his room. “I…I talked about not being truthful with her. I hate keeping secrets from her but you know I can’t tell her everything. I just... I had this problem with Her early on, before we even got married. She could tell I was lying To her, and I continued to be deceitful. I said I was seeing another girl which she wasn’t thrilled about but she accepted. Since Morgan…I think she assumed that’s who I was talking about, obviously that wasn’t the case but….I don’t know what I’m going to tell her know” It’s not like he was sneaking around with someone else anymore, Silas didn’t really count, but he still had to hold back part of himself from her, what could he say to smooth things over? Unless she didn’t ask, but he imagined she would be curious, might question it herself if not out loud. He didn’t know if he could ever tell her, but if he did, he wanted it to be on his terms. And it made him feel awful admitting to Silas the Lies he’d told Caroline but as he’d said before, he trusted Silas and he didn’t want secrets between them, as awkward and horrible as the truth might be.

Silas frowned at the look Galehaut gave him. His words causing him to tense. Luckily the moment did not last long. They were soon leaving Galehaut behind. Not before though Galehaut punished Arthur a bit more. Arthur's jump earning a small snicker from Silas. But after Galehaut did not linger long. Soon disappearing into his room and thus Silas and Arthur were alone again. Walking along. Silas's room was not far. Things soon took a more serious turn when Arthur brought up Caroline. Frowning, He looked towards Arthur and raised a eyebrow. Saying softly. "Arthur, In the end, Its your choice. But... I think you should be honest. What do you think Caroline will do? She married you for the kingdoms. She won't put that at risk for... Your secret. " No, Caroline wouldn't tell, There was too much at stake. But Silas figured Arthurs worries were more over how Caroline would react, Would she be accepting? Or would she turn her back on him?

Silas was about to talk more. Suggest some ways for Arthur to make things up with Caroline. Maybe give a bit of advice. But when the door opened, He quieted. Deciding the subject was best shelved for the moment. Leo was still in the room. Sitting on a nearby chair and seeming to be tying his shoes. He must have been getting ready to leave. But he paused when he heard the sound of the door opening. Tensing at the sight of Arthur, But seeming a bit more relieved when he saw Silas with him.

Silas thus was tsking. "Leo, I'm surprised your still here. You used to be such a early riser. " That caused Leo to grin. Musing. "What? Your bed is comfy. " But he then was focusing on Arthur. Suddenly seeming a bit startled as he stood up. "My goodness, What happened to you? You look like a wreck! " And he didn't mean it meanly. Though Arthur might not approve of the comment. It was then Silas then said gently. "He learned the importance of establishing a safe word before have fun. Anyway, I feel like Arthur here has something he should say to you. " Silas then was looking towards Arthur. Elbowing him gently. Arthur had been a bit rude to Leo yesterday. Silas couldn't help but think it would be best to atleast smooth things over a bit.

Silas always made it sound so easy, like when he’d brought it up last, but Arthur didn’t feel as confident as Silas clearly was. Caroline had to love Silas, he was her brother, she didn’t have the same obligation to stand by Arthur. They were married for rhe kingdoms but he didn’t want that marriage to become too tense snd they were on thin ice at the moment as it was. He was worried she’d see him differently, would be disgusted by him. He didn’t know what might convince him to tell Caroline but at the moment he was not overly keen on it and That was evident on his face.

Arthur’s body tensed at the sight of Leo, unsure how this might go.He didn't enjoy fhe reference to them spending the night together but he shoved aside any messy feelings about it. Leo was noticing the state Arthur was in though which wasn’t reassuring him that he could keep it from Caroline. He glared at Silas as he talked about safe words but actually thinking about it, Silas was right, he had not established a safe word. But also, would Leo assume that it was Caroline who had gotten him this way? Or would he assume the truth, that he’d been with someone else and that he was even more disloyal than his baby with a Morgan would suggest. The elbow, as gentle as it was, caught him right in a bruise and Arthur wince slightly, pressing a hand to the tender skin.

“I’m sorry” Arthur apologised and wow did he feel like a child, as if Malia had dragged him to the Offended and forced him to say sorry. But he wanted to say it himself, even if didn’t appear that way with Silas hovering nearby. “I was out of line yesterday, l dont know what came over me” well, he did but he wasn’t going to admit his jealousy to Leo. “i promise I’m normally nicer than that,“ He was normally the polite one! “I’ll be sure to not drink so much next time” He murmured. “Please accept my apologies and let me know if there’s anything I can do to make it up to you” He wanted to make things right, offering his services, much like he’d promised Silas a favour, which was still unused. Leo seemed nice, he was sorry for being so rude, he didnt Know whether they’d be friends but he’d like to have another try. He could do with more friends and allies around here.

Silas ignored Arthur's glare, Seeming simply a bit amused. He did note the slight feeling of awkwardness in the air. Leo and Arthur both seeming a bit tense. But things calmed a bit when Arthur spoke up. Leo seeming to relax. Soon waving his hand dismissively. "Its fine, I understand. I've had my own moments of drinking too much. So don't worry about it. " He expressed. Seeming rather calm about everything. Arthur had only been a bit rude towards him and he was willing to forgive and forget. He then paused, Finishing putting on his boots before standing up and walking closer. Arthur seemed to feel a bit better over everything. Leo was a rather friendly guy though thus decided to smooth things over further a bit. "Perhaps once you've... Recovered a bit. We could do a bit of sparring. I'll be staying in town for a bit before heading back home, And I'd love to learn a few things. " Arthur's kingdom were known for having amazing warriors. It might take Arthur a bit of time though before he was feeling ready to practice fighting though!

Seems things had calmed, But Leo wasn't the only person Arthur had upset. It would likely be harder to make things up with Ethan and Caroline. He'd been far crueler with them after all. It was then Leo then said gently. "Well, I better head off then. " He murmured, Beginning to walk closer towards the door. But Silas stopped him, Reaching out and grabbing his sleeve to make him pause. Silas then said softly. "Leo... Thanks for sticking around last night. " Silas knew what Leo had been wanting very well. Things hadn't gone that far. But Leo hardly seemed upset.

Leo paused, Eyes soft and saying. "Its fine, Your bed is comfy. Perhaps next time we can have a bit more of a fun time." He said jokingly. But his expression soon turned more serious. Glancing at Arthur for a brief moment before looking at Silas and murmuring gently. "If you need anything, Just ask. " His tone containing a touch of worry. Silas had seemed upset last night. It was clear something was going on between him and Arthur and well... Leo wanted to make sure everything was okay. Silas was a bit surprised by the offer. But... He then said. "Don't worry, I will. " His words causing a small smile to show on Leo's face.

Oh, Leo was nice, it made Arthur feel even worse about how he’d treated him. Arthur smiled gently at th suggestion, eyes lighting up a little. “That’d be nice” he agreed. “I’ll definitely take you up on that offer” It would be nice to fight with someone new and to truly patch up what he’d broken there. Leo had seemingly comforted Silas last night and that was Really kind of him. He should’ve been nicer to him. Of all the people that Silas could fool around with, Leo seemed like a good guy, better than Ronan had seemed and he guessed that was good enough even if he wasn’t happy about it. At least Leo wasn't pressuring him, bruising him, scaring him. He wanted Silas to be happy and maybe Leo would be able to do that for him.

Arthur remained calm as Leo suggested something more salacious between them but he was balancing it with softness and Arthur felt his heart crack just a little at the worry Leo gave Silas, the worry that Arthur might hurt him in some way. He guessed he already had but that didn’t make it easier to swallow. Arthur moved towards his stash of clothes once also had gone to change into something fresher. He needed to sort out his hair as well, tame it at least a little so it didn’t look like he’d been used as a ragdoll. “He is nice, I can see why you were with him” Arthur admitted as he slid his shirt off. “Handsome too, and I know you like older men….” He trailed off with a glance at Silas. Arthur seemed to be the odd one out if anything but Arthur wasn’t actually sure what Silas’ type was. Leo, Ronan and Alexander, even Lance, had been older. Leo was nice but Ronan had seemed controlling. Maybe it was them all being well built, knights and guards and swordsmen. “You’ll have to explain to me the appeal of older men” he confessed. Galehaut was older than him, as was Lance, but not to a great degree.

”Do you think I’m Caroline’s type?” He asked. He’d never really considered it, it’s not like she had a lot of choice and he didnt Have a lot of her history to go on. He was a knight like Lance but he didn’t know if he much more in common besides that, or with Bryce either. “….I think she wonders why I don’t share a bed with her very often. Last night, she asked what she could change to make things more romantic between us and obviously I didn’t have an answer for that. I wish I could give her the sweeping romance she wants. At the very least I wish she doubted herself less” She seemed so ready to blame herself all the time. “Would you call your sister a confident person?” He questioned. “She’s bold, she’ll happily tell my father off if she disagrees with him“ Arthur smiled there at a memory, when they’d first slept together snd been ratted out by Silas, Caroline had argued with Alexander over punishment. “But in more private settings she seems … Unsure. She blames herself for everything, even things she has no part in or control over. I just wondered if she’s always been like that or it’s my doing” He sort of hoped she’d always been like that and it wasn’t just him that had broken her.

”I’m not sure how I’ll make it up to her. Offering to buy her stuff is too easy and not good enough” He didn’t want to pay his way out of trouble. “I guess she should decide, but I don’t know if she’ll just try and brush it off.” She might blame herself and he didn’t want that. “Maybe there’s someplace I can take her? Or something I can do for her” foot rubs for a year maybe. He guessed he’d have to hear it from her though. Flowers every week and dancing And brushing her hair. What did Caroline actually want? A relationship with love in it… he couldn’t give her that romance. He’d need to find some way to show he was sorry.

Soon enough Leo was leaving Arthur and Silas alone with one last goodbye. Arthur seemed to somewhat approve of him judging by his words. Causing Silas to glance towards him. He then hummed. "He is. " Perhaps it was a act, But Silas didn't get that feeling from him. No, Leo had always come across as simply a nice person. Silas soon found himself looking a bit amused at Arthur mentioned him being handsome, As well as Silas's taste in men. Which had Silas tilting his head. "Mm... I like what I like. Same as you seem keen on pretty boys. " He spoke teasingly. But he was soon bringing up Caroline and that had Silas thinking.

He studied Arthur for a moment before saying gently. "I'm not sure.. But she has always seemed keen on knights in shining armor. " He spoke, Caroline's crush on Bryce had started after he'd saved her from a goose. And while Silas was unaware of Carolines relationship with Lance, He certainly fit that description well. Silas then sighed gently. Telling Arthur softly. "She... Is like me, We both get in our own heads to much. I think everything that has happened though perhaps has made it worse. " Silas disliked being left alone with his own thoughts. Preferred noise from others to distract from it. Caroline had been threw a lot lately, But... Silas was uncertain if she'd tell them what was going on in her head.

Silas then shook his head. Telling Arthur. "The first step is just saying sorry. As for making it up to her, Just... Spend time with her. " Silas figured keeping her company would be the best option. It also would likely make Caroline feel more secure. Silas then pointed out gently. "I know I said you could stay in my room. But... Maybe you should spend more nights with her. I'm sure that would help. " Silas liked Arthur's company. But... He wanted his sister to be okay. Arthur returning to sleeping in there room might help.

Arthur’s blush flared up as Silas talked about his ‘pretty boys’ as he liked to call them. He really couldn’t dispute it though. Arthur wanted to ask Silas what made him different from the other Men he liked but he didn’t, they weren’t pursuing something so it wouldn’t help to know. As for Caroline, Arthur could fit the knight in shining armour description, he had saved their retinue from Loth by killing him, had saved Caroline and Lance’s skin with Gaheris, plus the fact that he was actually a knight. So maybe they could’ve been happy and in love if he were just normal.

Arthur eyed Silas as he compared himself to Caroline, he was aware that Silas liked company but he’d never thought about it in that way before, never made the connection to Caroline. Seemed it was a family trait though. Maybe spending time with her would be helpful then, rather than leaving her alone with her own thoughts. Maybe he didn’t have to move out of Silas’ room to do that though. If Silas was going to take partners again then he’d need some place to take them, Arthur could always spend time with Caroline in those nights.

Arthur finished getting dressed. “I’ll ask her if she’d like that but she might be enjoying that bed to her own” he murmured, “I’m not sure if she was a fan of my cuddling” They were still both new to being married, she might’ve found his presence more annoying than comforting. “You’re a good big brother“ Arthur commented, “I hope I’ll be the same” Although he’d be much older than his sibling and he hoped his mother was okay, waiting to hear word from her and Alexander about it. Arthur smoothed down his clothes and set about tackling his hair, to make it more presentable. “I’ll see you later” Arthur insisted once he was looking more like a man and less like a alcohol soaked bruise. He didn’t know what he’d be doing, what Caroline would like him to do but he figured he’d see Silas at dinner at the very least if they didn’t meet up beforehand. For the moment though he had to find Caroline and do his best to apologise, something probably best done by himself rather than with Silas hovering nearby as if making him do it. He needed to apologise to Ethan too, desperately, but it was wiser to patch things up with his wife first. Arthur made his way back to her, well their, room, still limping but less evident now and braced himself before knocking. He figured it’d be better to be extra polite. It was possible she‘d open the door and just slam it in his face, he wouldn’t blame her, but it would hardly help him apologise. And the problem was, he couldn’t really explain to her why he’d been such a nightmare yesterday, he guessed he’d just have to blame it on the drink which had been a contributing factor, but of his own making. Oh, he should’ve picked up some flowers before coming to see her, but it was too late for that now and he didn’t even know what type she liked.

Last edited:
Silas couldn't help but find himself a bit amused at Arthur's comment of cuddling. Yeah, Arthur definitely liked to cuddle, Half the time it felt like he was almost on top of him! Silas had to wonder if he was the same when he shared a bed with Caroline? Maybe. That wasn't Arthur's only worry, He was going to be a big brother. Silas found himself blushing a bit as Arthur said he was a good brother. He tried to be, But well... He'd also made a lot of mistakes. Silas then murmured gently. "I'm sure you'll be a great brother. " Sadly Arthur was not to linger much longer. He was soon saying his goodbyes, And Silas let him go. Half wanting to follow. Hopefully things would go alright with Caroline.

Caroline had still lingered in her room. Anxiety pulsing threw her, She knew very well that Silas was going to have a word with Arthur. The outcome of? Well, It couldn't be good. She should have stopped him, Should have- Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door knocking. Finding herself jumping a bit in alarm. Staring at the door for a few moments before she walked forward. Carefully opening the door. Soon spotting Arthur and well, She knew why he was here. Silas. Suddenly she was quickly saying. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't say anything to him, And I tried to get him to stop, But he- He just sorta... I.. " Because Silas had no doubt confronted him, What had he said? Caroline figured Arthur would have preferred any arguments between him and Caroline to be kept between them. Not for her to drag her brother in. She should have stopped him.

Caroline was already getting teary eyed already. Which maybe wasn't the way Arthur wanted things to go. But Caroline had been thinking of the argument much of the night. She also had a habit of blaming herself. She then was beginning. "You're right- I- I- I'm sorry. I should do better, You shouldn't have to put up with my antics and I- " The anxiety only seemed to get worse in her mind. And suddenly she felt like she might be sick. No. She definitely was about to be sick. Turning and quickly bolting towards the restroom as the sudden urge to vomit came over her.

Arthur had gathered that the siblings had spoken given that Silas knew Caroline had been upset, was still upset. The problem was that Caroline may not take any apology he had seriously as she may believe it was forced from her brother. That was not the case though. It was relief when she opened the door, less so when she started babbling. It Appeared to be a repeating cycle. Arthur did something wrong, Caroline blamed herself, Caroline got teary eyed and Arthur had to insist it wasn’t her fault. The only thing missing was her running off to lock herself in the bathroom. Oh, spoke too soon. Although she was feeling sick she wouldn’t necessarily lock herself away.

Arthur took the opportunity to step into the room, closing the door behind him with a sigh and going to follow his wife into the bathroom. He should probably throw up too, he’d drunk way too much last night, actually, now that he was thinking about it, he was pretty sure he’d thrown up whilst in Galehaut’s room. Mmm, attractive, that had surely set a sexy tone to the night. “Caroline, you need to stop blaming yourself, especially when I’m the one so clearly at fault” he told her as he went to scoop her hair into one hand so she didn’t get it dirty.

”I was out of line last night. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said those things and I shouldn’t have drank so much. I know words are a flimsy bandage but I wanted it said. I am so sorry for leaving you that way, for making you so upset and for being so horrible. And I promise I’m not saying all this because Silas made me, although he was adamant i should apologise, I didn’t need him to tell me that. I feel awful and I hope you can forgive me.“ He went to run soothing circles on her back, hoping that might help her feel a bit better.

”Let me make it up to you someway. Whatever you want, I’ll do” he promised and that really could cover anything but Caroline was his wife, nothing should be off the table. “Words aren’t enough, I want to do something for you, with you, anything” Arthur needed her to understand though that it was he who was at blame although she was very good at stubbornly blaming herself. “I know I’ve been away a lot with Silas recently but I can spend more time with you if that’s what you’d like. Are you lonely at night? You just have to say and I’ll be there for you” He got that she was worried about Silas but she mattered too.

Soon enough Arthur was following Caroline into the restroom. Helping her as she sat hunched over vomiting. And frankly, It made her feel even more awful and embarrassed. She didn't want him to have to deal with her being sick. He was talking though, And eventually Caroline managed to recover a bit. Glancing up towards Arthur. He was apologizing. Caroline didn't want him to. In her mind, She shouldn't have argued back. Arthur had been speaking the truth. Venting his own feelings. If she was somehow better, Maybe things would have been different. Arthur seemed upset, And that made Caroline feel even worse. Who knows how much Silas had yelled at him.

Caroline thus shook her head. "No, No. You were right. " She mumbled. Though she had a feeling Arthur might dismiss her words. He was nice, A good man. Him being drunk at simply ment he was more truthful. Caroline then whimpered. "I should do more to keep others from talking about you. I should... I should talk to father about Silas. I-I... I shouldn't have ever been with Lance. " She was his wife, She was supposed to support him. Be loyal to him. So far it felt like she was failing in every way. He suggested staying in her room to keep her company. Stop her from being lonely, But he seemed to have no desire to be with her himself. What was she lacking so much in? Why couldn't she make him happy?

She owed Arthur her life. He had chosen to save her. Not let her die. But she couldn't even do this? She hated this, And without meaning to she found herself mumbling. "I hate myself. " She paused when she spoke. But the words felt rather true. She didn't like herself at all. Because she wasn't enough, She knew that very well. Looking to Arthur. Caroline then wiped her eyes. whimpering. "I'm going to do better. I promise, I'll go to every ball. Help stop the rumors. I'm going to speak to dad. I... I'll make things better." She spoke, Half to herself and half to Arthur.

His gaze softened in concern as she claimed he was right. Maybe there had been some truth to his words but he wasn’t right to say it nor to that degree. There was only so much she could do. How would she stop people whispering about him? He didn’t see that it was possible. And Silas and her father was a complicated matter that he didn’t think could be solved solely with her intervention. And as for Lance….they couldn’t turn back the clocks and frankly he was glad she’d just been happy for once in her life. He didn’t hold her affair with Lance against her, had fully endorsed her. She didn’t agree or disagree with him staying with her at night so he wasn’t sure where they stood on that but baby steps, they could see how the rest of today went.

Oh, she was voicing words that were hard to hear but not overly surprising with the way she constantly blamed herself. He gave her a soft look and a bittersweet smile, tender and sad and caring as he went to press a hand to her cheek. “Really? Because I love you” he admitted. And it wasn’t a grand declaration of romance like she might get from Lance or a lover’s whispered breath but just something true that he hadn’t quite realised but was glad to feel. He loved her, of course he did. She was so awe-inspiring, full of so much depth and caring, but strong and proud when she needed to be. “You don’t have to do those things Caroline, it’s too much. I don’t want you to endanger yourself with your father and to be honest, Silas will kill me if he finds out it’s because of something I said” He’d have to do even more patching up there.

He leaned forward to press a kiss to The top of her head, hair soft against his lips. “I’m going to help you realise that you don’t need to be so harsh on yourself. That sometimes I’m the stupid one at fault” he said. “You can’t change the way those people see me. They’ll find any reason they can to hate me, big or small, and rumours will fly regardless of whether it’s about our love life or me using a knife and fork wrong” People wanted to gossip about them, there was no stopping it. “Please don’t put yourself in harms way with you father either. I don’t want him to hurt you and I don’t know why he picks only on Silas, it might be best to not test his relationship with you“ He didn’t know what their bond was like but did they really want to risk a strain on it? Arthur let her hair fall back down her shoulders and ran a hand through her locks thoughtfully. ”And about Lance... I’m glad he made you happy. I know things have gotten complicated but you deserve someone who makes your heart flutter” he insisted. “And I was thinking….” Maybe now wasn’t the best time to bring it up, but if it didn’t go down well then at least it might shock her enough to not be too upset. “Why don’t you try things with Bryce? You clearly still like him, and you're pregnant now, it’s not like you have to worry about being careful with him. You don’t have to, I just thought it might be nice for someone to give you the attention you deserve. And he seems nice, I bet he’s still smitten with you too”

Arthur's hand was soon forcing her to look up at him. His words catching her a bit off guard, Uncertain if she really believed them. Thus she was soon averting her gaze. He didn't want her to talk to her father, But... How else was she going to be able to help? Oh, Silas, He fears Silas's reaction. But that was okay, Caroline figured she'd be able to calm him down a bit. He was kissing her then, On the top of her head and before Caroline knew it she found herself leaning against him. Enjoying the comfort. But it did little to calm her thoughts. No, She simply listened to Arthur. Uncertainty in her chest. But then he brought up the next bit and that had her surprised. Sitting up straighter. But her thoughts went elsewhere. Arthur and her weren't in love. It was likely he wished to pursue others. Perhaps felt bad about it. She then suddenly shook her head quickly. "I... No... I... Arthur, Listen, You can see who you want. I'm well aware you probable have others. I'm fine with that. " If she was enough he wouldn't have to seek out others. The unwanted thoughts always seemed to find a way into her mind.

Caroline then murmured. "I shouldn't have been with Lance, If I hadn't... We'd know for sure who's the father. " And that was another entire rabbit hole that Caroline did not want to go down. But it also returned to her thoughts of loneliness. Things between her and Lance couldn't continue. There was no spark between her and Arthur. If she tried to be with another, Well, That would only put her own life and the man she was with in danger. It was a selfish want in her mind.

Caroline then finally pulled away from Arthur. Moving away from him and towards the two's bedroom. She then murmured. "We... We should both get ready. It won't be much longer until breakfast. " It was a excuse. She wanted out of the situation. Though she realized she must have looked a bit of a mess and well, When she glanced back towards Arthur she suddenly realized, He wasn't in very good shape. How had she not noticed before? His clothes were clean, And his hair neat. But she could see the bruising on him. How had she not noticed? Quickly she was moving closer. Fussing. "What happened? Why are you so bruised?! " Alarm clear in her eyes.

Caroline was a bit off the mark. Arthur had already pursued others, but this wasn’t about his guilt, it was about her being happy and cared for. He wasn’t convinced she was fine with his infidelity but he decided not to point that out. It would be more dangerous for her, and whoever she chose for her lover, but Arthur was willing to help her keep it a secret, like with Lance. He could hardly force her into a relationship though. It might be best ti bring it up again at a later date and see if she was still so against it. She was right that it was difficult not knowing who was the father of the baby but that wasn’t her fault, he’d encouraged the two, he was just as much to blame. They just needed to make sure no one ever found out. “I just want you to be happy” he murmured but didn’t push it.

Arthur went to follow her back into the bedroom, taken a bit by surprise as she started fussing over him, a small flash of alarm going through him before he smothered it. He could not tell her the truth about the state he was in. He smiled at her sheepishly. ”I’m fine,” he insisted. “It’s just turns out that drunk me is not good at navigating the stairs” he murmured. Yeah, he’d fallen down the stairs, that was good enough, would also explain the slight limp and not put the blame on anyone but himself. ”you'd Think I’d be more coordinated but apparently not. I’m just glad no one else was around to see me make such a fool of myself” It did not feel nice to lie to her but it was starting to feel normal, easier. He didn’t like that.

”After everything I said yesterday, I probably deserve more than s but of bruising.” He murmured. “seriously, just let me know what I can do to make it up to you, that was no way to speak to you at all” It might be an uphill battle though to get Caroline to blame someone else and agree with him. “Do I not look presentable enough for breakfast?” Arthur asked with a small frown, she said about them getting ready but he’d already changed his clothes and combed his hair, what else needed to be done. “I can help you get ready” he offered, try and do up her dress or brush her hair, he might be better at one over the other but he really should learn how to assist her better. She had her ladies but he was her husband, she should be able to rely on him, “and I was thinking, we could go shopping, get you some new fancy dresses, and me some warmer clothes” That might cheer her up a bit. “It’d be nice to see the city with you. Silas has shown me around a bit but they’ve mostly been bars”

(For some reason, I'm just imagining Arthur trying to set her up on a date. Or like shipping her with someone. I dunno. I think it could be really cute. )

Caroline couldn't help the worry on her face at his mention of stairs. Yeah, She could believe it when looking at him. But ouch! Maybe he should go see a medic to make sure he hadn't broken anything. Caroline then tsked. "I wish someone HAD been around. What if you were more seriously injured! " She squeaked, But Arthur hadn't seemed to be in the mood to spend time with anyone last night. She couldn't recall him having those bruises before he left her side. Which ment he'd gotten them after leaving her room. Oh.. She should have insisted he stay.

Arthur seemed to think he deserved a few wounds. Which alarmed Caroline. But he then was focusing back on her. Causing her to look away from him. Uncomfortable with the question. Choosing instead not to answer. He was then moving towards his attire. Drawing her gaze back to him and Caroline pursed her lip. Saying. "I mean... You do, But you also look... Well, In a bit of a rough state. " She could see the bruises after all. He seemed to want to help her get ready, And Caroline shook her head. Instead scurrying towards the dresser in her room and beginning to look threw some things.

He seemed interested in shopping. But Caroline wasn't convinced that was something he wanted. Surely he'd find it boring? He was just trying to please her. Still, she then said. "I mean, I guess I could show you. Though you might find it more fun to explore the town with the knights. I'm sure they'd like to adventure around as well. " She expressed. Then looking up from her search of the dresser to back at Arthur. Squinting for a moment before looking down once again and grabbing something. She then was walking back towards Arthur finally. Saying sheepishly. "I have some makeup, If you'd like, It might help cover up some of the bruises. " She figured he likely wouldn't be eager to have to explain to everyone how he'd fallen down stairs.

(He‘s quite eager for her to try and be with Bryce because he knows she likes him but it’s a bit difficult for him to bring up. Like they have to be careful because someone will ask why the married princess is on a date.)

She bought his story which was good. He shook his head as she worried about him. “I’m sure a servant would have found me eventually“ he reassured her. If he’d broken anything then he could probably call for someone snd they’d arrive fairly quickly but he’d not been in trouble because he’d not really falling down The stairs. It was a much better answer than telling her the truth though, even if he said it was from a fight or from a girl, no the stairs was the easiest lie.

Caroline was not eager for him to make serious reparations which had him frowning but he couldn’t force her to talk. He guessed he’d just have to pester her, keep insisting that he needed to make amends, if not for her sake but for his own. It was going to eat at him otherwise. Caroline was saying he looked rough snd he couldnt help but agree. She seemed to have a solution though. Makeup? He’d never have thought of that. He hesitated, unsure. Silas already knew he looked a mess, might question him, but it’d be easier than every other person questioning him. With makeup he‘d just have to put up with looks from Silas and smirks from Galehaut which he’d probably get anyway. He nodded. “If you think it’ll help” he agreed, probably best not to let Rayner see him injured.

”I would like to explore with the knights, you’re right, but I’d like even more to spend time with you” he told her. “You don’t have to worry about me not liking shopping Caroline” he could tell that those thoughts were going through her head, “You like shopping and that’s good enough for me. Plus, I wasn’t kidding, I really do need some warmer clothes, and some more fancy ones too” he said. “And well, you seem to know about fashion, I could really do with your opinion” It was nice that she was thinking of him, trying to make it more enjoyable for him but she wasn’t giving herself any worth. He was quite happy just to spend the day with her. “You’re allowed to be selfish you know” Arthur promised gently. “Goodness knows I’ve been too selfish” With many things she didn’t even know about. “Don't worry so much about upsetting me. If you’re happy, I’m happy. But you need to be actually happy Caroline, not just pretending” not that smile she did where she tried to wave him off and insist everything was okay, not just ‘happy’ because it smoothed things over.

Caroline's shoulders relaxed a bit as he agreed to trying the makeup. Thus she gave a little nod. "I think this shade should work well enough for you. " She hummed, Before going to carefully apply some to the more obvious bruises. Such as the ones on his neck. Be careful as not to hurt him. Listening to him talk as she worked. He seemed to agree that he'd like the company of his knights. But he also insisted that he wanted to spend time with her. Caroline knew very well that such was simply him trying to seek forgiveness for there fight. Except he didn't need to be forgiven. Caroline knew she should not have argued. If she had just been quiet...

She then looked at him as he mentioned selfish. That she was allowed such. She then murmured softly. "I've already been selfish. " Her voice quiet. Her entire relationship with Lance had been selfish. Was she happy?.... No. She wasn't, She missed Lance. Unwanted thoughts plagued her mind and that wasn't something Arthur could help with. Nor would she wish to burden him with such. She then murmured softly. "Arthur, I'm alright. " Then stepping away. Studying the concealer on him for a moment. Before saying. "Alright, I think that should be good enough for now. " It wasn't the best, But it would make his injuries not as obvious.

Caroline then figured she should see to getting dressed herself. Murmuring gently. "Well, I ought to get dressed. You can go on ahead of me to breakfast if you like. " It would take her a bit of time to get ready, And she'd need to call for one of her ladies to help her out. Oh, How would things be at the breakfast table? Caroline imagined Silas might still be fuming. He had seemed rather angry earlier.

Arthur remained still as she tried to cover up his bruises. She thought he looked a bit beat up at it was and she hadn’t even seen all the bruises on his body but he was sort of hoping she wouldn’t, it might be more obvious that he’d been lying if she did. Caroline didn’t believe all his words though. It was almost funny how she believed the lie but not the truth, well, it would be funny if it weren’t so sad or frustrating. He did want to spend time with Her, why was that so difficult to believe? Just because he wasn’t all over her, didn’t mean that he didn’t like to hang out with her. He hadn't thought it’d be so difficult to get her to go shopping with him.

He glanced at her face as she talked about being selfish. He was guessing she thought she was selfish for being with Lance but he could hardly begrudge her that. She was allowed to be selfish more than once anyway. Caroline didn’t claim to be happy, simply alright which was….he guessed it could be worse but he wanted it to be better. She was soon trying to send him off though. She was good at redirecting, he’d give her that, but it made it hard to have a focused conversation with her when she didn’t want to talk about something. “okay, I’ll meet you there” he agreed softly. “But please bring st least one suggestion of what you’d like for me to do with you. It can be big or small, I just need to do something for you Caroline, it’ll make me feel better” Maybe if he framed it as helping him out then she might actually suggest something.

He gave her a nod before departing to make his way to breakfast. He was actuslly sort of glad that he got a head start because with all his injuries he was not as quick as usual. He did get to breakfast though and wondered if Rayner would be there with something snide to say. They hadn’t left too early like last time so he figured they didn’t need to worry about that but he might comment on their behaviour at the party or maybe he’d just genuinely be pleased with them? No, that seemed unlikely. Arthur braced himself before pushing open the doors and Going to take a seat. He’d have to tell Silas he’d apologised but that Caroline was being stubborn, he might be able to convince his sister to ask Arthur for something. And oh, he had find Ethan too, he’d really messed up with him and he did not want to leave that as he had last night. He’d need to keep an eye on Caroline though once she arrived, in case she stuck to her guns and decided to talk to her father. He couldn’t say if Rayner would turn on her but he’d imagine he wouldn’t be happy and st the very least might blame Arthur and Silas for her disapproval and insubordination which would only backfire and get Silas hurt further.

Caroline looked down at her feet as Arthur spoke, But she soon relented and gave him a small nod. It wasn't much, But it was perhaps a bit of a win. She was then bidding him goodbye as he set off towards breakfast.
Arthur was lucky it seemed this morning. As Rayner had yet to show his face at the breakfast table. Of course that could change at any moment. But as for now? He was not there, That didn't mean things were pleasant though. Silas had of course came for breakfast. Sitting down at the table. He might have been cheerfully enjoying his meal, Had it not been for the knight sitting across from him. Gawain. Who seemed to be ignoring Silas. Only perking up when he heard the sound of the door opening and Arthur entering.

Gawain wasted little time, Speaking softly. "Arthur, I was hoping you'd show. I found a small job for us. If your still interested in doing some work? " Of all days for Gawain to suggest such things, Today might have been the worst. Arthur was a little bit bruised from last night and might not be the most eager for such. But Gawain had yet to notice such. Explaining. "Some animals attacking live stock. Not the most glamourous of work, But I'm sure the locals will be thankful if we deal with the problem. " Gawain figured Arthur would be eager to help the locals. Though such might not be as exciting as he'd be hoping.

Silas then spoke up. "Afraid you're going to have to wait a day on that. I need Arthur's help with some stuff today. " Silas quickly explained. A small attempt to give Arthur a out. Frankly he figured the guy might need a bit of a rest! Gawain though was shooting Silas a glare, Causing the man to tense up. Gawain then huffed. "I've little desire to entertain your nonsense. So shush." He then looked back towards Arthur. Continuing. "I plan to leave right after breakfast. Will you be joining me? " One needed to get to work bright and early after all!

Arthur was surprised to find Gawain at the table, although not so surprised that him and Silas were sitting in silence. Oh, a job, just like he’d been waiting for, except he was a walking bruise and hurt all over. Of all the days for him to have ruined his body…. Silas was sweet as he tried to give him an out and he glanced at the other prince in appreciation before Gawain’s address made him frown. Well Gawain was being rude and he was not a fan, he guessed it could’ve been worse but Arthur was not pleased.

”I need to see if I’ve got plans with Caroline” he replied. “We might be going shopping“ he didn’t know If she’d like to go today althoigh if she heard about Gawain’s offer she might insist he go, or would she also try and shield him what with his bruises? His body did hurt but maybe going and actually doing something physical would help, plus he’d been waiting a while for an actual job. Sure this was nothing glamorous but it helped people and that was all he really wanted. “I appreciate the offer and I’d like to help, but you appreciate that Caroline comes first,“ he reasoned, she was his wife, his pregnant wife, his pregnant wife who he’d upset yesterday, she was his priority right now.

Arthur moved to sit down, taking a seat near Silas as a show of some sort of solidarity. He really was not a fan of the way Gawain treated him. ”but perhaps if I can’t join you, then we could babysit theo for you?” He suggested. Gawain had probably tasked a servant with it but Arthur and Caroline really needed some practice, although he could understand if Gawain was hesitant to hand her over to them. Again, he needed to stop volunteering them for babysitting duties when Caroline wasn’t around. “And if we go shopping we could always pick her up something nice“ like a cute little dress or a toy. That sounded quite nice actually although it might be wise to get Caroline’s ladies to join them to help just in case, and he imagined they’d need to have a knight around as a guard just in case. Best not to take any chances with a pregnant princess.

”you two need to relax a little around each other“ Arthur commented as he dished himself breakfast. He didn’t like the tension between the two of them snd he’d really prefer if they got along but he understood that might be a stretch. “When I first met Silas I thought he was a bit of a jerk” Arrhur admitted eith an apologetic glance at the other prince although it was true, the pair hadn’t gotten along at first or for a while really. “But he’s really Not that bad. You should give him another chance Gawain. I understand you were stressed over Gaheris but Silas helped you, you could’ve wound up lost in the snow without him or some all this way and not been able to find the bandits“ he pointed out, Lance had told him about his Silas had been the one to Actually go and get Gaheris and Theo although he’d been sparse on the details. “He at least deserves for you to go a bit easier on him. I promise you he’s not a bad guy” but Gawain was dead set against him and Silas also seemed to be not a fan of Gawain although he figured that was at least partly because of Gawain’s hostility to him. Arthur might be fighting a losing battle here though, neither of them might want to get along but Arthur just wanted things less tense, for Gawain to be less judgy about Silas and for Silas fo be less worried, almost scared of Gawain.

Gawain might not have liked Silas, But he was far more willing to listen to his prince. Nodding at Arthur's explanation. "I understand. Just let me know soon, As I'd prefer to be out early. " Even if Arthur planned to linger behind, The job needed to be done and Gawain was fine going on his own. There would be other work for Arthur eventually. Arthur seemed happy to watch Theo though if he was unable to join. Which instantly had Gawain's expression softening. Even if he didn't exactly approve of Arthur sitting so close to Silas. "That... Would be nice. " He confessed. He trusted Arthur would take good care of Theo. Besides, The prince and princess could use the practice!

But, Arthur was then bringing up the problem at the table and that quickly soured the mood for Gawain. Silas quickly wanted to argue that it wasn't his fault things were tense! The blame laid at Gawain's feet. And he pouted when Arthur mentioned him being a bit of a jerk. Even if it was completely true. Gawain though was glaring. Huffing. "We got Theo and Gaheris despite of him. " Gawain's voice low, He was looking at Silas now, Causing Silas to tense in his seat. But Gawain then continued. "We barely reached them, And had anyone else been leading us. We could have been faster, We could have caught her killers. We could have properly avenged her. " Gawain said, Anger and grief thick in his tone. But Silas seemed to only find such frustrating. Rising to his feet.

Silas snapped at Gawain. "We got them back despite you. If Lance hadn't been there to back me up you would have gotten the entire group killed." Silas then placed his hand on his chest. Continuing. "I led us threw the quicker routes despite the danger to myself, I made sure all your men survived the cold. It is not my fault that the winters here are harsh and we couldn't travel threw blizzards. Had I tried to lead us threw them we would have all frozen to death, And then you'd have never gotten Theo or Gaheris back. " Silas was frustrated. It was clear in his voice. But Gawain wasn't exactly reasonable. Gwen's death had hit him hard, He wanted someone to blame. Silas was that person.

Gawain then was snapping. "Our knights could have handled it. You were just a coward, Thats all you've ever been. Running away at the slightest danger. They got away, Because of you. " Silas was not happy with that response. It was pointless even trying to argue with Gawain. It was like arguing with a brick wall! But Gawain could be nasty at times, And continued. "Even your father understands your a useless coward. " Yeah, Maybe not a good idea to bring Silas's father into the topic.

Arthur and Gawain were getting along fairly nicely, maybe this stay Here would give them the opportunity to grow closer as cousins, and he guessed Arthur as the father of one of Gawain’s siblings. He’d always heard good things about Gawain, enjoyed being in his company when he was back but he didn’t get to see him often as he was always away on quests and when he was back at the palace he was with his siblings. Adding Silas into the mix though strained things. The situation was soon escalating and Arthur couldn’t help but sigh at the stubbornness of Gawain’s opinion.

He understood where he was coming from a bit, it had been stressful for Gawain and the loss of Gwen weighed heavy on him no doubt but he seemed blind to the good Silas had done, not even aware of his his own determination could’ve killed them. Arthur hadn’t even thought to question Silas’ judgement, he couldn’t imagine he’d try to put all those knights in danger, not when he was relying on them to get back home safe himself. It helped that Lance had been on his side though, gave some weight to his argument and Arthur wondered whether the men would’ve realised Gawain was too singleminded to lead them safely or if the revelation would’ve come too late.

Arthur remained seated as Silas fought back, his breakfast somewhat forgotten though as he watched the two argue. Gawain was soon going too far though. It was one thing calling out Silas’ running away, it was harsh but not wrong and Arthur himself had used it against Silas but bringing Rayner into this? That was a step too far. Arthur narrowed his eyes at Gawain, body tensing at the statement. “Take that back Gawain” he ordered, voice sharp and warning. Silas was already worked up and he’d had a bit of a stressful morning before breakfast, he didn’t need to be insulted with his father.

”you cannot seriously agree with that man” Arthur stated. “You of all people, with your parents” How could Gawain even stand to be in the same room as Rayner when he knew what it was like to suffer at the hands of a parent. Even if he didn’t like Silas, it was hard to stomach. “Rayner is the coward and you know that” Arthur refused to believe that Gawain could fully agree with what Rayner did to Silas. “Silas is stronger than most of the knights i know. He might run away every now and again but how is that any different from you going on all your quests?” Arthur knew Gawain and his siblings had suffered at the hands of Morgan and Loth, maybe not the specifics but some things had been alluded to, Gawain seemed to hate Morgan and they now knew that Loth had killed one of Gawain’s siblings. Arthur had a bit more of an insight though, Loth had chatted to him whilst they were fighting, had mentioned that Morgan had tried to drown Gawain, that Loth used to beat him and that Gawain had also been the victim of drugging by Morgan. Of course Loth was not an entirely reliable source and at the time he’d struggled to believe some of the stuff about Morgan but now he knew a little better. “You have suffered Gawain, like he’s suffered, and yet you still wish it upon him? After all the damage it did to you“ Loth had spoken about Gawain being scared of food and water and even beyond that, to just not being able to have that sense of safety, it must’ve been horrible. Arthur was frowning at Gawain, heartfelt and emotional. “I thought you were a better man than that” He was disappointed in his cousin, to dislike Silas was one thing but to be on the same side as Rayner was almost sinister.

Perhaps Silas would not appreciate him getting involved and he couldn’t imagine Gawain would like it, certainly not bringing up his trauma but couldn’t he see they had more in common than they had in differences! Gawain might very well revoke his invitation to Arthur and that’s be unfortunate, Arthur would like to do a little mini quest and to spend time with his cousin but it was more important to stand up for what was right.

It seemed Gawain had gone to far and Arthur was soon speaking up. Causing Gawain to stiffen. Gawain might be willing to talk back to Silas, But Arthur was his prince. He soon was looking away from Arthur. Avoiding eye contact as he hissed. "Perhaps he doesn't deserve it, But if my sisters murderers can't suffer, Then he'll have to do. " There was a cruelty in his tone that was hard to deny. Maybe his anger towards Silas was irrational, Maybe Arthur was right and he should have more sympathy. Hate Rayner. The king was obviously cruel. But Gawain did not want to be rational, He did not want to be kind. If they had just been a little faster then he could have gotten his vengeance. But Gawain was someone seeking people to blame.

Silas narrowed his eyes at Gawain. Watching as the man snapped at Arthur. Growling. "Then you thought wrong. Why should I be? Maybe I want to be horrible, Atleast once be on the other side of things. " And he froze as the words left his mouth. Seeming startled by them. But his surprise was quickly replaced by frustration. Turning on his heels and without another word marching out of the room. Leaving Silas and Arthur behind. Frankly, Silas was glad to see him gone. The room suddenly felt easier to breath in.

Silas then murmured quietly to Arthur. "Thank you. " Slowly sitting back down. Arthur's words atleast had drove Gawain off. But Gawain's own response was concerning. Silas had heard enough rumors about Gawain's parents to know the mans childhood hadn't been ideal. Knew he'd gone threw trauma. But Gawain also had a reputation of being a noble and good man. Silas could not see that side of him at all. Perhaps grief had twisted things. But even that did not excuse his behavior. Silas then confessed to Arthur. "During the journey here, Had Lance not been there, I've no doubt Gawain would have killed me. "

Silas then looked towards Arthur, Murmuring gently. "He... I got them here as quickly as I could. " Frankly, He hoped Arthur believed him. Because Silas had done his best. The snow was a deadly thing in these lands, Silas knew the trails. But blizzards could easily lead to ones death and travel was not the easiest. They could only go as fast as the weather would allow. Sadly, Gawain did not want to see that. He simply wanted to hate Silas.

Gawain didn’t take it back but was instead almost trying to justify himself. Arthur had expexted Gawain to fight back with more force. He seemed unwilling to snap too much at Arthur but perfectly willing to say such horrible things in front of him. Arthur’s frown intensified further as Gawain talked about not being the victim for once snd he did feel for his cousin but thst didn’t give him an excuse to facilitate the torture of Silas. Arthur didn’t even get a chance to try and smooth things over with Gawain as he was soon escaping the dining room. Who was running away now?

Arthur glanced at Silas as he talked about the threat Gawain had posed. He’d like to think that wasn’t true, that Gawain would’ve been better behaved and more sensible Than that but he clearly wasn’t running on logic in regards to Silas. ”I know,“ Arthur murmured, as he’d said earlier, he trusted Silas. “He shouldn’t treat you like that. I know he’s hurting and mourning but it’s not right. I hope he sees that Eventually.” Reslly, Gawain and Silas mightve been helpful to each other in different circumstance, they might’ve been able to help each other process their trauma, or at least have someone who could empathise with them.

”feels like his offer might be off the table,” Arthur mused, what with Gawain’s sudden departure, he might not want to see Arthur now. He hoped that at least him and Caroline could still babysit. ”I was hoping to spend the day with Caroline though. I want to make things up to her more.“ he explained. ”I’m having Trouble getting her to actuslly blame me in The first place for me to apologise properly“ he confessed. “She doesn’t seem to want to kick up a fuss but i wanf to do something for her, really show I’m sorry but she wont Answer me when I ask her what I can do for her“ she was being passive and blaming herself. He had told her ages ago, the day before their wedding when they’d bumped into each other in town that he wanted her to be more vocal and outspoken, to tell him when something was wrong snd to have a go at him when she wanted to, she was entitled to feel angry or upset or frustrated with him. “She didn’t even seem eager to agree to go shopping, saying I’d be happier to go exploring with the knights. I want to spend time with her but I’m not sure she believes me“ She really seemed to doubt her self worth and How much Arthur valued her. Hopefully she’d join them soon, he wasn’t sure if Silas would be able to help him out but he at least might have some advice. Arthur didn’t know if Rayner planned to join them either but if he did… he didnt want Caroline to confront him, wasn’t sure how he‘d stop her but he couldn’t see it going well. Rayner wasn’t going to just agree with Caroline and suddenly be a good man, but he might instead punish Silas more for her getting involved. He’d no doubt know it was as a result of Arthur though, he was the only thing that had changed in sll those years of him hurting Silas. Only once Arthur had come in the scene did Caroline now seem determined to stand up to her father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back