• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

Arthur was not happy when Ethan pushed him away. Was angry, It was clear on his face. "What? No. " Ethan began in alarm, But it wasn't of much use. Arthur was making his own assumptions and it made Ethan tense. Sure, Things had been a bit flirty between him and Galehaut. But nothing was going on between the two of them. Even if they had been, Arthur and him were over. Arthur was one to talk about moving on quickly! Ethan thought Arthur had been getting around far more then himself. Gritting his teeth, Arthur then was bringing up the two's past. And Ethan finally decided to push back. "Arthur, I was f*cking scared. Okay? Your own freaking friends gave me a black eye trying to get me to leave you! What do you think other people would do? I don't want to die! " He expressed. Sure, Wanting to kill Aidan was to far. He'd admit that. But Ethan had been terrified over what might happen to himself if anyone knew.

Arthur then was bringing up Kay. Saying his family were bad people, And Ethan frowned. Perhaps seeming a bit confused. But it soon morphed into anger. "Are you really judging my family off of something one person has told you. One person who I doubt has even met my family! Does Kay personally know my parents? My cousins? Hmm? " He began, But he wasn't really waiting for a response. Stepping back. Suddenly he was wishing it had been his dad at the door. That he was stuck on kitchen duty. He didn't like this.

Ethan then growled. "What happened between us? Thats over, So leave me be. " He didn't want to see Arthur anymore. It felt wrong to leave things like this. But Ethan didn't want to just stand there and let Arthur snap at him. Maybe when Arthur sobered up they could have a proper talk, Except, No. Ethan didn't think he wanted to see Arthur anymore at all. If he truly thought of Ethan like such. Then why should he? It was then Ethan realized he had tears in his eyes.

Ethan was denying That there was anything going in between him and Galehaut although Arthur wasn’t sure he believed him. Why wouldn't they be together? They seemed to like each other well enough and wasn’t that all it took for Ethan? It’s not like him and Ethan had had tons in common after all yet they’d still had a relationship.

Arthur was being unfair. Ethan didn’t have the protection of being a prince, if their relationship had gotten out then who knows what might’ve happened, he might not have been standing here today. And again, he didn’t know Ethan’s family, nor did Kay, had just heard rumours which were of course the most reliable way to hear information. Ethan’s outrage was an understandable response yet it didn’t stop Arthur from thinking that maybe there was something to worry about. He should’ve asked though, not accused, not come here drunk and worked up. He didn’t like fighting with Ethan nor did he like the finality of his statement. Something inside him squirmed at the thought of never seeing Ethan again, at leaving things like this but what could he say? He’d just been horrible to him. “We didn't have to be, but if that’s how you feel…” He muttered. “Good night Ethan” he said before turning on his heel to walk away, arms crossed over his chest and his heart screaming. It felt a bit like his insides had been ripped up. Ethan didn’t want him, wanted Galehaut instead, Silas wanted Leo, he truly was alone and it hurt.

Arthur wasn’t really sure where to go for a moment. Clearly it had been presumptuous of him, but he hadn’t figured that Ethan would reject him. He couldn’t go back to Silas’ room, assuming that Silas would be busy in there with Leo. He could go seek out a knight for some companionship but they'd probably question his foul mood and why he wasnt with his wife. Oh Yeah, his wife! Arthur trudged back to his and Caroline’s room, not that he’d really spent the night with her in a while now, but they were married and he should be keeping her company. But then again Arthur should have been attracted to her, her baby should have been his but life didn’t always work out that way. He arrived and wasn’t sure if he should knock, it was his own room after all but he might surprise Caroline. His brain was hurting a bit too much for him to think it over for long so he knocked before stepping inside, making his way towards the bed, tired from the ball and exhausted from his emotions. Caroline might want to know why he was back though, they hadn’t talked about it and she likely expected him to still be staying with Silas. Arthur really wasn’t in the mood to talk about Silas though, wasn’t even sure he could. Hopefully she’d just accept his presence and they could go to sleep and he’d have a few hours where he felt nothing.

Ethan's words stung, This all... It felt rather final, But Ethan supposed it was. Arthur seemed to lay the blame entirely on Ethan. Ethan wanted to say more. Wanted to argue, But his throat felt tight and he worried his voice might be strained. Thus he only watched as Arthur left. He waited only a moment before closing the door. Leaning against and sliding down to sit on the floor. Tears were coming. Though Ethan tried to stop them. Wiping his face. Things were over, Arthur and his relationship had not been long. But he had been his first love and had hoped some sort of friendship could remain, Despite the awkwardness. Seemed that was not the case. Saying goodbye was difficult.

---

Caroline had been in her room. Preparing for bed, It had been nice being able to catch up with her friends. But after everything, She felt exhausted. Was ready for a peaceful night, Except then she heard the sound of a knock. She was just finishing putting on her nightgown when she heard it. Then the door was opening and she frowned as she glanced towards it. Arthur was then stumbling in and well... He looked a bit of a wreck. His expression was grim, One could easily see he was drunk. The sight causing Caroline to frown. Normally Arthur spent his nights in Silas's room. In case the man needed help with his bandages. Caroline would have expected him to be there. But She had noticed Arthur keeping his distance from Silas much of the night.

Caroline then after a moment carefully began. "Arthur... Are you alright? " She tried. Walking over and sitting down on the bed. Once more frowning at the sight of him. Before murmuring gently. "It looks like you've been drinking a lot. " She pointed out. Though Arthur probable knew that. It was a bit worrying. Caroline hadn't seen him this drunk before. Maybe it was something Silas has encouraged lately. Goodness knows that boy could be a bad influence at times!

Hopefully once Arthur sobered up, he’d be able to fix part of what he’d broken. He wanted to be friends with Ethan. His words had been harsh, fuelled by his rejection and jealousy, the lingering awkwardness between them as well. It wasn’t often that Arthur was angry and he tried his best not to be mean but tonight the drink and emotions had given way to a bit of a nastier side of him. He would liKelly try and patch things up when he wasn’t drunk but Ethan might not want to hear what he had to say.

Caroline was understandably surprised to see her husband and thus she was speaking to him. Normally that would’ve been fine but Arthur was not in a great mood and really did not wish to be interrogated. He could not share with her what was going through his head about Silas, nor could he divulge how Ethan had just rejected him. No, he could only offer her lies and the thought of that tonight made him feel sick, rotten. “Peachy” he muttered as she asked how he was, clearly anything but. “Am I not allowed to drink?” Arthur asked a little confrontationally. Silas had influenced him to drink but probably not in the way she thought. He’d been drinking to distract himself from Silas and boy had it not worked.

”excuse me if I need a drink or two to get through those balls” He continued sourly. “You’ve got it easier, leave when you want and at least you’re their princess, they like you” more than Arthur and he'd say Silas too. “They hate me. All night have to put up with people staring at me, whispering about me, calling me a barbarian, telling me I should be ashamed of myself, that my family are savages, that I’m good for nothing, a waste of space, a disgrace, rude, uncivilised, adulterous” although to be fair that last part was true. “And they do it all with a smile, i Can’t put up with it. Nor with your father smirking at me” Rayner always gave him a bitter taste in his mouth. And he was drunk so he was more inclined to say his mind. “And I don’t know how you put up with him either, how you actually seem to like your father” and his face twisted in distaste. “You know what he does to Silas” Arthur’s voice catching on his name. ”how he hates him, tortured him, and you still just sit there and smile with him” he’d seen them before, when he’d just entered rooms with them and they hadn’t yet changed their expressions. “I guess Silas was right about being alone if not even you will shun Rayner for him” Again, he was being a bit harsh. Rayner was still Caroline’s father and he knew families were tricky, Rayner appeared to be good to her but his two-faced ways sickened Arthur and he felt he’d simply snap in Caroline’s position. He would not be able to laugh and joke and actually enjoy the company of a man so vile. And it appeared he judged Caroline for that a bit.

It only took Arthur a few moments before he was getting snappy with Caroline. Tensing up. Caroline hadn't even said much. But Arthur seemed to just be getting angrier. Shifting uncomfortably as he claimed things were far easier for her. Soon enough he was full on ranting. Which had Caroline a bit startled. She didn't speak. Didn't really get a chance to get any words in. It soon enough turned from him complaining about Rayner, To him practically scolding Caroline. Which well, She hadn't been expecting. Sniffling. She then murmured. "...Do you really think I'm not getting whispered about? " With that she stood up. Tears in her eyes as she snapped. "How horrible a wife I must be? For my husband to have another child on the way, For him to rarely ever stay in my room? How much a failure I am? " She then shook her head. gritting her teeth and placing her hand on her chest. "I get the staring and whispering too. But I chose to keep company of my friends, You have friends too! The knights, I saw them there tonight? You could have stayed with them. But no, You spent most of the night moping around and drinking. " Caroline had learned a long time ago that it was more difficult for the nobles to affect you, If you had friends nearby. It wasn't Caroline's fault if Arthur chose to keep himself separate.

Caroline then scoffed. Asking. "When we get back to the castle, I take it your going to completely ignore your father? totally stop loving him? Yes? Because we both can remember what happened to Kay. " Family was complicated. Caroline loved Silas, But she also loved her father and it was confusing. Caroline then shook her head. Asking. "What are you even suggesting I do? Hmm? Name one way I could protect Silas! " Caroline figured if she tried anything it would just make things worse.

Wiping her eyes, Caroline took a moment to breath. Trying to regain some composure. "I don't even know why I'm arguing with you right now. You're f*cking drunk. " Would he be like this whenever he drank? Looking for reasons to argue about? Caroline wasn't sure, But she didn't like it. Maybe keeping Arthur away from Alcohol would be a good idea. A task easier said then done.

Arthur tried not to be self centred, he liked to help others, to be kind, but lately he’d began to think he was quite selfish and maybe he was. He had only really considered his own problems. Of course things were also difficult for Caroline, they weren’t in love, she was stuck in a marriage that would never be what she dreamed of, her life was on the line due to her affair with Lance and people also whispered about her, blamed her for Arthur’s problem causing. They should be supporting each other, not Tearing each other down but Arthur, drunk as he was, seemed to have forgotten that memo, more concerned with a quick released frustration that was ranting.

Had people really been commenting on him not staying in her room? He guessed it made sense, what with him already having a baby with someone else it wouldn’t take much of a leap of imagination to assume Caroline did not entice him. Normal young newlyweds would likely be all over each other, even if not in love, at least enjoying some bedroom romance. She claimed he could’ve been with the knights but not all were his friends. They were civil enough, but some were only there for duty and Others still held him at a distance over this whole Morgan/Caroline debacle. He did note that she didn’t refer to herself as his friend though.

Caroline’s comparison made him feel uncomfortable. He did not think his father deserved to be lumped into the same category as Rayner but he had made him hurt Kay and he knew his father had done Things that might be considered questionable during the war and expansion of the kingdom. But Rayner? He enjoyed hurting Silas. They were not the same. Arthur pressed his tongue against the roof of his mouth, holding back a protest. He didn’t know how she might protect Kay, who was To say Rayner wouldn’t turn on his daughter for her interference. Still, he couldn’t let that challenge lie: “tell me one way you’ve tried” he shot back, voice steely. He didn’t know if she had tried anything growing up, spoken to her father or advised Silas but he didn’t see her trying now.

Oh, He’d made her cry. A part of him, a part which wasndrowned Out by the alcohol and being caught up in the argument, felt s little heart broken at that. She’d cried enough in their marriage already and he didn’t want to make her shed Anymore tears. She deserved better than him. “So now I’m not allowed to speak my mind either?” He said. “So what if I’m drunk? Doesn’t mean I’m not right or my feelings aren’t real. I put up with you getting drunk.” he pointed out. “Getting drunk enough to go crawling to Gaheris and getting yourself into a whole bunch of trouble. I had to fix that mess for you” He could’ve let it get spilled, have her whisked away for adultery. He already had an heir, Caroline’s one would just be the one his father preferred but she wasn’t essential. “You just don’t want to argue because you Hate losing. You gonna tell on me to your daddy? Just like you threatened Lance?”

Arthur seemed to think Caroline should do something. But he offered no suggestions of what she could do. Caroline found herself tensing up as he kept talking. Speaking his mind, Caroline did not know how to take that. Were these all his true thoughts and feelings? Likely, He then brought up her own drinking. She went quiet as she listened to him. His words felt cruel and she waited for him to finish before talking quietly. "I didn't realize how difficult that was for you. " She spoke sourly. Was that something he'd hold against her in the future? It seemed the case. How could he not? But Caroline was sure there was more about her he resented.

He brought up her going and finding her father. Causing her to shift. She then looked away from him. Thinking for a moment. A part of her wanted to just leave. Go find somewhere else to sleep. Would this all be a regular thing? Things between her and Arthur had seemed to be that of a team. They'd atleast had eachother backs. But now that didn't feel the case. The way Arthur talked, It made Caroline wonder if he hated her? Suddenly Caroline couldn't help the feeling of tiredness that washed over her. Walking towards her desk. She soon retrieved a pen and paper. Walking back over towards Arthur and tossing it in his lap.

She then spoke. "I'm clearly such a burden for you. Then go ahead, Write what I've done out. I'll put my signature down. Then you can send it to whoever you want and be rid of me. " Her words a challenge, Yet also... Tired. Perhaps such was extreme. But if Arthur really hated her, Then why would she burden him further? No one needed to mention who Caroline had a affair with. Just that she'd had one. Thus Lance would likely be fine.

Things had been difficult for him, but not in that way. He’d been worried about her, worried about Lance. Despite his harsh tone, he did care for her and in the morning he was bound to feel regret from his emotionally exhausted fuelled words. He had no excuse for the way he was acting but the swirling conflict in his mind was at least an explanation. In the beginning, when Caroline had first come to his kingdom, they’d relationship had been Rocky, she’d accused him of not caring, of hating her, she’d cried quite a bit and whilst he had been unfaithful, he bore Her no ill will and if anything felt terrible about having lied to her from the start. Maybe it’d be easier if he got a few things if his chest? Maybe then he wouldn’t feel like he was suffocating. But now was not the time and even his drunk mind knew that.

His tongue felt thick and heavy as he watched her, unable to offer any comfort. She was fetching something and frowned as she thrust a pen and paper at him. He stared at the blank page for a few moments before raising his gaze to look at her, mouth parted in shock. Well, they’d never really fought before and he knew she was prone to extreme emotions, as shown by her crying, but to immediately go to this? He had not expected that at all and he found himself uncomfortable, as if the paper was burning a hole in his lap. “Don’t be ridiculous” he said, swiping the paper aside and standing up. “If I wanted rid of you Caroline I could’ve let you die after your attack” he told her. He didn’t think she’d been conscious at the time. “My father gave me a choice you know, said I could let you die from your injury and find myself a new wife, or try to save you knowing that you might not be able to have children” They’d never actually talked about it, he wasn’t even sure if she had been made aware of the possible consequences of her injury from the bandits. Clearly she could conceive although whether she could carry to term was another question. But that was another unsaid secret between them, that Arthur had at one point held her life in his hands, that he’d not told her about the potential that she could never conceive. Arthur really did need to stop keeping stuff from her.

”Our marriage isn’t even about us, It’s about our kingdoms. I don’t want that in any more jeopardy Than it already is” No reassurance that he cared for her really, even though he did. No promises that she wasnt a burden. But he also wasn’t wrong, it was about their kingdoms and Arthur wanted what was best for his and he’d put up with a marriage to someone terrible if it meant his kingdom got what it deserved, he was lucky that he was married to someone decent though. “Or am I such a burden for you?” Arthur asked, turning the tables. He imagined he was to be honest. He didnt offer her the love she deserved, couldn’t, and he’d hurt her a lot in her time with him, and he’d betrayed her too by having a child with Morgan. Maybe he shouldn’t have asked that question, he was definitely a burden for her. “Don’t be shy in saying you want rid of me“ and he crossed his arms over his chest, preemptive of the hurt she might deliver, as if he hadn’t just wounded her himself. She would be no different than the others though, everyone seemed fo want rid of him, Ethan had rejected him, Silas had swapped him out for Leo, even his father abandoned Him, sending him away to Caroline’s kingdom.

Arthur was not pleased with Caroline. Who frowned up at him as he stood. His words seemingly to catch her by surprise. She had known about the possibility of her being unable to have kids. Had heard the medic. But she had not been told of the choice. And suddenly Caroline felt a even more sinking feeling. Arthur was perhaps right, There marriage wasn't about them. It was about there kingdoms. Except they- No she had already messed up a lot of that. Arthur was though trying to spin the question around. Direct the blame at himself and Caroline stared at him. Murmuring. "Arthur... You have done nothing wrong for me to ever wish to be rid of you. " She murmured. Stepping away from him and going quietly towards the nearby desk. Sitting on the chair there.

Caroline's head felt like it was spinning. Arthur knew about the possibility of her being unable to conceived. Had still chosen to save her life when it would have been easier to look away. He'd have been given a chance to marry someone he truly cared about. Truly loved. What had she done? Betrayed him, Gotten with Lance. Forced him to cover up for her. Now she was pregnant with a child that was possibly Lance's. She had failed her duties for there kingdoms. Caroline suddenly hated herself very much. Hated the problems she caused. Wished dearly she could go back and change things.

He'd chosen wrong, Caroline couldn't help but think. Could she fix anything? She wasn't sure, And suddenly she was feeling a bit shaken. Because she didn't know what steps she could possibly take to help things. It suddenly felt a bit hard to breath. And Caroline closed her eyes. Murmuring. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I can't... I keep messing up. I keep... " She trailed off. Struggling to find the right words.

Caroline was somewhat comforting as she claimed he had done nothing wrong but at the same time he knew that wasn’t true. He was not truthful with her, but she didn’t know that, their whole marriage was built on a lie that he wasn’t sure if he should ever tell her, if he even could. She‘d hate him if she knew how much he’d lied to her, how much he’d gone behind her back, cheated on her. She’d been with Lance but at least she’d come clean about it, she was open with her secrets and he appreciated that, he really did. He just struggled to the do the same.

Arthur was frowning, his drink addled brain struggling a bit to keep up with the change of tones. Hadn’t they just been angry a second ago? He didn’t like angry though, but then again he didn’t like sad either. He sighed as she was blaming herself again. And he did find it a little frustrating, how she was so insistent that she was to blame, that she was the one messing up when he knew that wasn’t the case, but his frustration wasnt really with her, it was with himself for letting her get this way. “Stop“ he told her. “You blame yourself all the time. Can’t I just be responsible for once?” He asked, slight irritation in his voice even as he essentially tried to comfort her.

“You don’t even realise the damage I’ve done, the mistakes I’ve made” okay some of them were pretty obvious but others he seemed fo have hid quite successfully. “Out of the two of us, I’m by far the worst offender” How could he not be with how many lies he told. “At least you’re truthful with me” he muttered, a hint at the secrets he was keeping but not a true reveal. He shook his head. “You should hate me, you will hate me” he insisted. ”you know I don’t treat you right, we should be in love, we shouldn’t be able to keep our hands off each other!” He said, getting A bit worked up again. “But we don’t even sleep in the same bed.“ Which to be fair was Arthur’s fault. Did she wonder why they were rarely intimate, or was she relieved? Obviously they’d been trying for baby but that had been something planned, not something out of passion or love.

Caroline tensed as he spoke. Staring down at the ground. He soon was expressing his own guilt. But Caroline did not find them comforting. He spoke of not being truthful. Which gave her a bit of pause. But he kept talking causing Caroline to snap. "Arthur, You are a prince! It is expected for you to do as you wish. " He could sleep around, Plenty of kings and princes did it. Caroline knew very well that many were not loyal to there wives. Though Caroline did find it difficult to accept at times. She then stood up, Placing her hand on her chest and saying. "You say we shouldn't be able to keep our hands from eachother, So Just tell me, What do I do? What do I change? How do I make that happen? Because I would, I would in a heartbeat if I knew how. " Because it had to be her, Something wrong that turned him off. But Caroline didn't know how to fix it. Caroline might have thought it was due to her relationship with Lance. But things had been distance between them even before that. There had never been that spark.

With Lance things had been different. Felt different. Why couldn't she feel that way with Arthur? Or he return such feelings. She then crossed her arms. Wiping her eyes. When she had first left home, Gone to Arthur's homeland. She thought she had expected many things. Been hopeful for sparks. But it never happened. Arthur often seemed like a prince charming. So why weren't they in love? Caroline then moved to sit on the bed.

Caroline's thoughts went to Lance. He was sweet. If she had gone to marry him, She thought they both could have been happy. That wasn't a possible future though. As much as Caroline wanted, And oh. It was hard to stop crying now. No matter how much she wiped her face. So she chose to bury her face in her hands. A slight attempt to hide any tears that came.

Being a prince gave Arthur a lot more freedom than she had as a princess. He could afford more mistakes. Even if he got dirty looks, at least he wasn’t being tried for treason. He could sleep around with practically any woman he liked really, maybe that would’ve been better over the real issue. Caroline seemed earnest and desperate. She didn’t know why they weren’t in love, why he was distant and unenthusiastic. He’d had a child with another woman so it was left to stand that perhaps there was something about Caroline herself that turned him off, that she was problem. How difficult it must be for Caroline to be in the dark, ro not have the full story and to be left wondering about her husband.

”there’s nothing wrong with you” Arthur stated a bit glumly, his heart aching. He wished things were easier. He knew she was beautiful, and he knew she was sweet and wonderful and any man would be lucky to have her, he was lucky to have her, but there would never be that spark. For a short time he had tried to pretend, to show enthusiasm in courting her but the act always waned and it was easy for her to tell his whole heart wasn’t in it. Arthur felt horrible, stood there, unable to help or even explain, his own lip wobbling slightly and watering eyes as she cried into her hands. If Lance were here he’d wipe her face, kiss her until she smiled, reassure her that she was everything he wanted. But Lance wasn’t here and she was stuck with him and he didn’t know what to do.

He moved towards her and pressed a hand to her arm. ”please believe me when I say you’re not at fault“ there wasn’t much else he could say and he could understand it’d be difficult to believe but it was the truth. “It’s….your….” He sighed, wiping his own eyes quickly. “You’re more than I deserve and I mean that” He went to press a small kiss against her forehead, the skin just exposed above her hands. “I'm sorry I can’t share more of myself with you” He stepped back, looking around the room which wasn’t really theirs since he was never there. “You should be with someone that makes you happy.“ he murmured. “Like Lance or Bryce” although one relationship had gone a lot further than the other. “I….I’m not good for you. Or anyone. I only seem to bring pain“ His voice choked a little and he started retreating. “I should go. I’m sorry” he apologised turning to flee. He felt bad about leaving her in this state but he couldn’t help, nothing he said ever did any good, he only made things worse and his anger and jealousy had given way to sadness and self loathing, the turmoil inside his mind ever raging. He needed some sort of distraction, and a better one this time than just drink, and at the same time he needed comfort.

He surprised even himself when he ended up outside Galehaut’s door. The man raised an eyebrow at the prince, not having expected his company but amused at the obvious mess Arthur currently was. “To what do I owe the pleasure?” Galehaut drawled to which Arthur replied: “I don’t know” a frown back on His face although his cheeks were sticky from the few tears he’d not managed to wipe away. “Are you sleeping with Ethan?” Arthur asked suddenly, gaze rising from his feet and twitching hands to survey Galehaut who seemed even more amused now. “He’s cute, but no” Galehaut said, “that an idea though” He smirked there which made Arthur’s jealousy creep back up, gaze turning slightly darker. “I messed up with him, said things I shouldn’t have“ Arthur admitted, shoulders curling inwards in shame. “ I just….I needed a distraction, I thought he could help. And I know that’s not fair, to use him like that, but I just need something to occupy my mind, something to distract me” He didn’t know why he was admitting this to Galehaut but Galehaut was the only other person here that knew about him besides Kay, he guessed that was probably why. Galehaut looked him up and down, appraising him before his smirk widened. “So, what do I owe the pleasure?” He repeated to Arthur. “You know why you came here, deep down at least, you want me to help with your problem“ Galehaut continued. “Because Ethan said no, and you feel you don’t deserve gentle. Well, alright, I won’t make you stand there and beg for it, that comes later” and Galehaut managed to grin even wider, smile like a shark before he tugged Arthur in sharply with a grasp of his shirt.

(I feel like Arthur should be missing for the morning, Silas maybe wondered where he is, gets worried when he realises he’s not with Caroline, maybe checks with Ethan and then tries to find Arthur who’s not going to be in great shape After his night with Galehaut. But Silas is annoyed with him so maybe he wouldn’t check on him)

(Oh goodness, I was not expecting that between Arthur and Galehaut. Yeah, I agree. Silas is def gonna be looking for him. Should we go ahead and timeskip to the next morning?)

Arthur claimed there was nothing wrong with her. It seemed there was somethings he wouldn't... Or well, Couldn't share. She felt his lips on her forehead. But he did not linger long. No, He was apologizing. Then he was gone, Leaving Caroline alone with her tears and thoughts. Suddenly the room felt very lonely. Would this always be the case? Left with just her thoughts and the knowledge she'd never have the future she wanted? Likely, It wasn't as though she had much choice in such things.

Meanwhile, Elsewhere Silas was being escorted to his room. Leo stood at his side, A grin on his face as he spoke. But eventually they were reaching the end of there walk. Silas's door stood in front of them. Leo giving a sly grin as he mused. "Well, I suppose we're here. " His voice a purr. And there was a certain expectation in his gaze. But it falter for a moment as Leo took in Silas's expression. They had been together before. In the past Silas had often showed eagerness. But now, He looked away from Leo. Humming. "I suppose we are. " And Leo took in the sight for a moment. Before letting out a breath. The hallway was rather empty, Thus, Leo dared to lean down and give Silas a small kiss on the cheek. Musing. "Have a good night Silas. " He murmured softly. Perhaps he was a bit disappointed by the lack of fun. But... Leo could tell Silas was perhaps not in the mood for such things.

He then went to step away. Only to pause when he felt Silas reach forward and grab his sleeve. Stopping him. Looking back, Silas stood there. Seeming a bit embarrassed with the way he shifted. A sight that had Leo raising his eyebrow. "Could you... Just.. Stay with me? " There was a strain in his voice. Something that had Leo's expression softening. He considered asking about it. But in the end decided not to push. Moving closer to Silas. He then said softly. "Of course. I'll stay as long as you need me. " He promised gently, Feeling Silas gently pull him into the room. Silas might not have wanted anything further. But after everything with Arthur... He wanted the company. To just be near someone. Leo was fine with that.

(I thought it’s time for him to start going more off the rails. Drinking and sleeping around and he’s also not feeling great about himself so hes not really looking for someone to be tender with him and him and Galehaut don’t really get on but they do know about each other liking men.
Yeah a time skip sounds good)

Arthur had not ended his night on a great note, having left most of his relationships hanging in the balance. Hopefully he’d be able to repair some of the damage but others, like Ethan, may be more final. He expected Silas fo spend the night with Leo, even if he’d been much calmer lately, he’d seen the easy relationship between them and the obvious intentions from Leo. Why wouldn’t Silas? Maybe he wouldn’t even believe that Silas hadn’t been intimate with him. It was shame really because the two princes could really have done with each other’s company. Both seemed fo be hurting and their time apart didn’t seem to be doing either of them any good.

Arthur at least was not alone, he had Galehaut. Even if Galehaut didn’t really care, but that sort of helped. If Silas could have flings, why couldn’t he? Maybe it’s be good for him to learn how to separate his emotions, stop him from clinging on to people like Kay. But Arthur still went to sleep with a heavy heart and thinking of Silas.

The morning found him still in Galehaut’s room. Arthur remained asleep For now. The alcohol plus the physical and emotional exhaustion having really worn him out and Galehaut didn’t expect a response from him anytime soon. He was sure Arthur would have a pounding hangover though and more than a little regret. That wasn’t really his problem though so he left Arthur in bed and set about getting ready for his day. He knew someone would wonder where the prince was but how many people would think to check with him? He couldn’t imagine Caroline knocking on his door. Him and Arthur weren’t known as friends, yet he had been the last person to drag him home with Silas so maybe he was becoming the prince’s keeper.

The next morning, Silas woke early. Curled up against a warm figure. Such was not unfamiliar for him. But opening his eyes. A part of him had been expecting to see Arthur. Alas that was not the case. Leo slept nearby. A source of comfort, But not the one Silas had hoped for. Thoughts of last night were soon returning, Dreary thoughts that Silas tried to rid his mind of. Sitting up. He gave the sleeping Leo one last glance before getting up and out of bed. Deciding to go ahead and prepare for the day. Hopeful a bath and change of clothes might help rid himself of the dreadful feeling in his chest.

Alas, It did little to help. It did not take him too long to finish such things. And by the time he was done. He could see Leo was beginning to stir. The man drowsily stretched out on Silas's bed. Humming. "You know, You've changed. The Silas I used to know would never be the first to wake up. " He spoke teasingly. Stifling a yawn as Silas glanced towards him. The words earning a slight grin. But well, It had his mind going elsewhere. Really, He'd just gotten used to waking up at the same time as Arthur. God, That man was a early riser. Maybe it was just a knight thing? Silas wasn't sure, But he then shook his head. Looking to Leo. "Believe me, Sleeping in is still my preferred activity. " He spent a moment inspecting himself in the mirror. Before continuing. "But... I've a few things I need to check on. Feel free to sleep in as long as you'd like. " He urged. Which Leo seemed happy to accept the offer. Silas's bed was comfortable after all!

Silas's words were truthful, He... Wanted to check on Arthur. See if the man's sour mood had changed since last night. If not. Well, Silas did not know what he'd do. But well, He couldn't just sit idle. Was hopeful the mans change in behavior had been nothing but the drinks. Thus Silas was soon enough biding Leo goodbye. Before setting out. But as soon as he stepped out of his room, He realized that well... He had no clue where Arthur would be. His own room maybe? That seemed a good place to start. Thus Silas began making his way towards Arthur and Caroline's room.

Silas would not have much luck in his search for Arthur straight away. He might make himself more worried though. Arthur had left Caroline crying, claiming to be untruthful and then not fixing the mess he’d made. Caroline probably wasn’t still crying but Silas was her brother, he might be able to tell she was upset. Finding out that Arthur had upset Caroline might annoy Silas. He didn’t really have much right to make Caroline cry and then certainly not to abandon her afterwards.

Caroline wouldn’t be able to provide much help thoigh, it was unlikely she knew she he'd gone. Arthur had told Silas he was going to see Ethan so it was possible he’d check there but Silas also knew that the only other people in the castle he might go to were the knights or Vere or possibly Kay. Well, Vere was situated amongst the knights and Silas didn’t know many of the knights, probably wouldn’t want to ask Gawain so could very likely go to Galehaut when he exhausted his other avenues.

Except Galehaut had decided to take things into his own hands. Arthur was clearly upset and Galehaut had not been at that ball to know what exactly had gone on but he’d seen Arthur and Silas together enough to know that it was something to do with the other prince. They were barely ever apart and he’d spotted the moon-eyed looks they gave each other, for Arthur to have come crawling to him then something was not tight between them. So he set out to find Silas, pretty sure Arthur would still be asleep by the time he dragged the other prince back with him. Arthur might not want Silas to see the state he was in, to know what he’d been up to but well, Galehaut cared a little less and thought that Silas seeing what Arthur had chosen to do last night might force them to have come conversations. Of course they were both idiots so they might just be awkward and ignore it, but again that didn’t matter to Galehaut, might be amusing if anything. Galehaut went to Silas’ room, for it made sense for the Prince to be there But when He walked in, all he saw was a man he didn’t recognise. He stilled. Well that explained Arthur’s mood. Silas had found a new toy to play with and Arthur was feeling lonely, jealous, abandoned. “Silas about?” Galehaut asked the room, not sure if the other man was asleep but seeing no sign of the prince. He had to run into him eventually though.

Leo had almost managed to fall back asleep. When he heard the sound of the door opening. Briefly he thought it was Silas. Returning to get something, Or maybe he wanted to cuddle? Thus Leo didn't respond much. That is until he heard a unfamiliar voice and his eyes were soon opening. Sitting up. He tensed at the sight of Galehaut. But the man did not seem startled to see Leo in Silas's bed. No, Was simply asking where Silas was. Which after a moment Leo replied. "I uh... No, He left a few minutes ago. Not sure where too. " He expressed. Before finally climbing out of bed. He was still fairly dressed. Having only had removed his coat and shoes before he'd gotten in bed. But Leo was aware of how things still looked. So he awkwardly began. "....This, Isn't going to get out. Yes? " The man hadn't seemed surprised. But that didn't mean Galehaut wasn't going to run off to tell on him. Leo very much would prefer not to have to worry about the entire castle finding out.

Meanwhile, Silas had finally made it to Caroline's room. Knocking on the door. His mind already going threw possibilities for the next place to search as he waited. And well, It took some time before the door finally opened. And well... The sight of Caroline gave him pause. The woman looked tired, and well. While she wasn't crying. He could easily tell something was wrong. She was upset. Swallowing. "Caroline? Are you... What happened? " He began. Watching as the woman shifted. Caroline then murmured dismissively. "I... Nothing, I just didn't sleep well last night. " Her tone quiet. And Silas could instantly tell such was a lie. Causing him to tsk. "Caroline... What happened? " He repeated the question. Causing her to look up at him. Before moving closer and wrapping her arms around him in a hug. Something that Silas was soon returning.

His mind was racing. And his mind went to Arthur, The man had been drunk last night. Angry as well. Had been rather rude to him. Thus Silas found himself saying. "Did he say something to you? " Which caused Caroline to tense up. Beginning. "What?" Something that made Silas roll his eyes. He then repeated more firmly. "Did Arthur say something to you? " He asked. Caroline was quick to answer. Shaking her head no as she squeaked. "No... I- Nothing happened. " And already Silas could see his sister was not being truthful. Her words causing him to narrow his eyes and he kept hugging her for a moment longer. Before letting go. His worry for Arthur having been replaced with frustration. And he then was beginning to move away from Caroline. Off to continue his quest. "Where-Where are you going? " She started. Causing Silas to huff. "To find Arthur. " Though he could already hear Caroline hurrying towards him. Still in her nightgown as she took his hand. Attempting to stop him. "No, Everythings fine Silas. Just... Please. " But Silas wasn't having it. Pulling away from his sister and continuing his march away. Where next? Ethans maybe? That seemed a reasonable guess.

Galehaut seemed to have taken Leo by surprise but Galehaut himself wasn’t overly shocked. He’d heard about Silas’ reputation and he figured something must have gone on with Silas for Arthur to be as moody as he was. Leo was the perfect explanation. Silas wasn’t about though and it even seemed that he’d just missed him. He filed his head slightly at the way Leo so clearly wanted to keep this behind closed doors. Well, he’d just opened himself up to blackmail but Galehaut simply gave him a small scrunch of His nose. “I don’t care what Silas does in his spare time, nor do I care to share it” he wasn’t going to be spreading rumours about the prince, he simply didn’t care enough, plus…he had seen how Rayner treated Silas so maybe he didn’t dislike him as much as he seemed to Arthur.

Silas opinion of Arthur was probably rapidly changing though. When they’d first met, Silas had been in the role of protective big brother, that had faded somewhat over time, not that he didn’t care about his sister but it had become clear that Arthur was rather harmless. Last night might have changed his mind though and Arthur could very well be on the end of a scolding. Silas loved his sister enough to travel to another kingdom for her, earn the ire of his father, Arthur might get more than a slap on the wrist. If he ever found him of course. Luckily, or maybe not, Galehaut chanced across Silas as he was making his way to Ethan’s room.

Galehaut planted himself in front of Silas. “Come and fetch your boyfriend” Ever the comedian it seemed as he jerked his head in a signal to follow him and set off back to his own room. He was acutely aware that the two princes weren’t together, Arthur wouldn’t be in this situation if they had been, he’d have no need for jealousy but again he’d seen them drunk together, he’d seen them whispering to each other collapsed in the snow, he wasn’t stupid and it helped he knew things others didn’t about them. Galehaut looked well put together, skin clean and face freshly shaven, hair in perfect place and an enticing smell of cologne clinging to him. He was a direct contrast to Arthur as he opened his bedroom door.

Arthur was still asleep In bed although unlikely to stay that way. He was laying on his stomach wearing nothing but a few bruises and marks. A white sheet struggled to cover him, stretching only over half his bottom and a leg. His hair was wild and his face looked rough. There were several bruises Around his one exposed hip in the shape of fingertips and matching ones littered his back As well as the dark indents of fingernails. He even had a few marks on His neck. It almost looked like he’d been in a fight, Galehaut had clearly not be been gentle with him. Nor was he really being gentle with Arthur now, parading him to Silas in such a blasé way. What had been a tough night for Arthur would likely turn Into an awkward morning.

Silas was not happy with Arthur at all. Frustration showed on his face. But it was soon turning to confusion as he spotted Galehaut coming into his path. Slowing to a halt. Tensing at the mans words. Yeah, He knew exactly who Galehaut was speaking of. He briefly considered arguing against his words. But, it seemed Galehaut knew where Arthur was. So after a moment he followed. Keeping quiet. Galehaut was hardly his favorite person afterall. But that wasn't the only reason. Galehaut had seen him after his father had him whipped. And well, Silas found such embarrassing. Though he quickly tried to rid such from his mind.

Eventually they were reaching a room, Galehaut soon pushing the door open and well. Silas was startled by the sight in front of him. Well, That explained what he'd been up to. A certain tension filled Silas's chest. But he soon brushed it aside. His feelings replaced with anger as he walked in. Closing the door behind him. Not carrying if Galehaut followed or not. He then was walking over and went to reach for Arthur's pillow and yank it away. Hoping such would be suitable enough to wake him up. If it wasn't? Well, His voice would likely work. Snapping angrily. "What the hell did you say to Caroline? " Yeah, That probable would be a lovely way to wake up.

Silas wasn't finished yet though. Nose wrinkled as he continued. "I don't care how much you drank last night, That doesn't give you the right to be a *ss to Caroline, Or to me. I hope you freaking understand that. " To be fair, Arthur hadn't drank much when his behavior had changed. Thus Silas doubted it had that much to do with the alcohol. He was just being a jerk. He then looked over the state of Arthur. And well, Considering the fact that Galehaut knew his location, As well as most of the knights rooms being around this area. Silas was pretty quick to figure out who exactly Arthur had been with. Which had him huffing. "Oh, And don't get me started on whatever this is. I'm hardly one to judge, But really? Galehaut? Of all people? I understand he's hot. But really, He's a d*ck! " He pointed out. He could recall the man following them around before. Things hadn't exactly been the friendliest between them all. Arthur hadn't even seemed to get along with the man at all! How had this happened?

Arthur hadn’t been having sweet dreams but he’d at least been sleeping quite heavily. The sudden removes, of his pillow woke him in a shock, eyes snapping open as his head hit the bed. What was going on? Oh…Silas. He recognised The other man instantly, his familiar voice hurting his head. Did he really have to talk so loudly? His head hurt snd Silas snapping at him was making it worse. What had he said to Caroline? What was Silas On ab…. Oh, last night hit him like a wave, the horrible way he’d acted, what he’d done, where he was, and once he remembered, the shame was quick to follow. He’d been horrid snd stupid, he had so many apologies to make. And he was embarassed too, for Silas to have caught him here, maybe last night he’d wanted to make Silas jealous back but now he just felt awkward.

He stared blearily at Silas, sitting up and tugging the blanket to cover him a bit better. He wasn’t usually self conscious But then again he wasn’t normally caught having a one night stand. Silas’ words were more than true but he still couldn’t help but find himself bristling. He was feeling defensive having been caught like this and his pounding head wasn’t hurting, nor was the memory of Leo. “Well, that seems to be my type“ Arthur muttered, Ethan wasnt the most virtuous but well, mainly Silas could be one himself. ”and you don’t get to judge,“ he insisted, “you seem to have slept with anyone who can walk” Silas had a reputation, they all Knew it “including your own cousin“ And Arthur shouldn’t throw stones in glass houses because he’d notoriously slept with his aunt but he had been drugged at the time.

Arthur knew he should be apologetic, he wanted to patch things up and he certainly had to find Caroline and make sure she was okay, but he’d already managed to be annoyed and his ire from last night hadn’t quite worn off it seemed. He shoved The covers back getting to his feet to search for his clothes, snd maybe he wanted Silas to see him now. Did it bother Silas to see him having been with someone else? Or had his words about liking him been false? No, Arthur’s faith in Silas was not so low that he believed he’d been lied to. Silas was a good actor but he couldn’t fake those sparks or the connection they’d made. “You’re being a hypocrite” he insisted. “You’re so rude Silas. Literally since the moment we met you were testing me. You teased me all the time, pushed my boundaries, purposefully went out of your way to annoy me” Silas had always been forcing himself into his lap or asking awkward questions and creating less than desirable situations, “but as soon as I so much as raised my voice you’d lock yourself away, as if I’d done some sort of vile thing just by standing up for myself or others. You Have been an *ss to Me since the moment we met” and okay, he wasn’t anymore, not really but he had been.

”I’m going to apologise to Caroline, of course I am“ he said, and Ethan too. He hated to think of them being upset and angry with him. “I hate to hurt her and i know I got a bit carried away last night and I know that’s not an excuse but I’d never just let it stand like that” surely Silas knew he’d apologise, knew he would do his best to make it up to Caroline. He spied his underwear and made his way over, and he wasn’t in good shape as even in that short distance Arthur had an obvious limp. It made his cheeks burn to see Silss see him like this, even if he wanted to he unrepentant about it. He pulled On his underwear and swivelled Back to Silas. “She deserves better than me, you don’t have to say it, I know you’re thinking it, i know I’m a terrible husband, but I’m working on it. I regret the things I said to her and I was out of line. I hate hurting her” Arthur said, “you don’t have to doubt that I’ll do everything in my power to make it Up to her”

Arthur looked to be a mess, Anyone could see it. But, Arthur was right that Silas was one to talk. He did have a reputation. But lately he'd also been far tamer. His words caused Silas to scoff. "A distant cousin! Besides, It was one freaking time a few years ago! " He didn't know why he felt the sudden need to defend that. Silas decided though not to point out Arthur's own relationship with his aunt. That hadn't exactly been by Arthurs choice after all. Arthur was soon enough getting up. And Silas soon turned his face away. As annoyed as he was, He decided he'd let Arthur have atleast some privacy with such things.

Arthur was then pointing out Silas's own rude behavior. And then did not please Silas at all. Angrily saying. "Yeah, I'm a hypocrite! But it wasn't just me you were cruel to! I could see that look on Carolines face, And what about Leo? You weren't exactly pleasant to him either and he'd done nothing to you! Are you trying to just walk around upsetting people? " Silas expressed. He then placed his hand on his chest. Questioning angrily. "And also, If you see me as such a *ss. Why the F*ck do you keep hanging around me. I don't need you. And clearly you don't even want to be around me judging by your words. " Arthur was right on somethings. Silas could be rude, But he'd gotten a bit better over the last few months. He also had a tendency to run and hide from his problems. Something he was acutely aware of.

The topic was soon moving to Caroline. It was no secret Silas was protective of her. She was his little sister. Arthur did seem truly remorseful. Which eased a bit of his anger. Silas thus murmured. "Fix things with her. I know your stressed out Arthur. I understand it. But I don't care how bad it is. Don't take it out on her. " The two hadn't exactly had much choice in the marriage. No matter how much Silas had tried to voice his distaste of such arrangements. But if they were to be married. Arthur would treat his sister right. Silas then murmured. "So are you going to explain what got you so angry you had to take it out on everyone? Or are you just a angry drunk? " Looking back towards Arthur, Now that he'd atleast put on his underwear. And looking at him now, Silas winced a bit. Seemed Galehaut liked things rough.

A few years ago? What about last night? But Arthur bit his tongue and didn’t say that. He didn’t want to hear it actually. Silas was actually being kind, even in his annoyed state. He was trying to give Arthur privacy and not taking low blows like with Morgan. He hated that Silas referred to him as cruel. Cruel. God he never wanted to be cruel but Silas wasn’t wrong and that hurt even more. Silas stung him even more when he said he didn’t need him. Silas didn’t, he had mostly healed from his wounds and Arthur didn’t want him to need him, but if he was needed, at Least he wouldn’t be abandoned by him.

He would go straight to Caroline, apologise, beg forgiveness if he had to. He really had hurt her enough and Silas deserved to be shouting at him. He’d truly been horrible yesterday. Silas wanted answers though, wanted to know why Arthur had suddenly changed. It was embarrassing and petty, to say he’d been so rude because he jealous, like he was a five year old that didn’t want to share his toys So threw a tantrum instead. He didn’t want to tell Silas, the mere thought had him cringing in shame. But this was Silas, the one person he’d found he could truly be honest with. Did he really want to start lying to him and keeping secrets? It started with one and where would it end? It would end in distance like with him and Caroline. He couldn’t bare that thought.

He say down in the bed with a sigh, a wince From the pain and the buried his heads in his hands to gain the courage. “I didn’t like the way Leo was acting” he admitted in a groan through his hands before uncovering his face and looking at Silas in apology. “It’s stupid, I know. But he was flirting so shamelessly with you, and I remembered what you said about your cousin, and you weren’t stopping him And ugh….” It sounded even worse out loud. “It’s not my place to judge or interfere, God I really don’t get a say, but it bothered me okay.” More than bothered clearly. “And then it was just you and Leo and i was really lonely without you and I drank way too much and it just spiralled from there” Silas was going to think he was ridiculous. “I didn’t want to leave you with him but I also knew I had no right to say anything, so I thought I’d give you some privacy, you’re entitled To your own decisions snd relationships. So I went to see Ethan and that went terrible. I need to apologise to him too, I was horrid and I did not take him rejection well and by the time I got to Caroline I was already in a foul Mood and that’s no excuse but I really shouldn’t have said those things to her. And I couldn’t stay there either, I’d make things even worse and I needed some sort of distraction so I found myself here. I know Galehaut doesn’t care about me, that he wouldn’t be kind but that’s what I needed, to hurt.“ And boy had Galeahut delivered, Arthur was like a walking bruise. “You can say I’m an idiot, that I’ve been monstrous“ Arthur murmured, glancing down at his hands in his lap. “I’m sure you can say a lot worse actually and I know, I’ll never be sorry enough but I couldn’t stop myself, or my feelings...”

Last edited:
Perhaps Silas shouldn't have been surprised. But he was, Arthur was jealous? Of Leo! He stood there quietly as Arthur explained himself. Seeming distraught and upset. And Silas took a few moments before he started. "Arthur, I'll admit me and Leo did have a one night stand before. But thats all it was. I've no desire for anything further with him. He did keep me company last night. But nothing happened. " Silas didn't think he needed to explain himself. But he did. Quietly walking over towards Arthur and sitting on the bed next to him. He then looked forward, Thinking for a moment. Previously the two had shared a kiss. But Arthur had seemed to want to end things there. Was wary of going further. Silas supposed he was too. But that only made the situation more confusing.

Silas then said softly. "Arthur, I... Think we need to decide where we stand with each other. Properly. " He didn't look directly at Arthur as he spoke. Seeming a bit awkward as he stared forward. He then said. "Do you want something more? " He questioned. Finally bringing his gaze to Arthur, And oh. The man looked to be a wreck. Galehaut had seemed to come out of the adventure rather unscathed when he had seen him. Silas had half a mind to ask exactly what they got up to. But decided that was a topic for another time. No, Instead he focused more on what was going on between him and Arthur. Before Silas had suggested they perhaps simply be friends with benefits. But Arthur did not seem the type to want to share, Judging by that jealousy of his. So after a moment he began softly. "I think... Its a case of either we are together, Or apart. If you don't want to have a relationship. Thats fine, But if its the case, You can't get jealous like that. Because we aren't a thing. " The words were blunt but truthful, Though Silas figured Arthur already knew that.

Silas then glanced away. Face perhaps gaining a slight blush. "I care about you Arthur. I'd... Like something more. And if we were together, I'd hope you'd trust me enough not to become jealous. " Silas couldn't help but feel flustered as he talked. A fact that was a bit embarrassing. Silas had plenty of experience with flings. But those were just one night stands. Not people he truly cared about. It was different.

Silas was….not laughing at him. He wasn’t calling him ridiculous and storming out, if anything he seemed to be reassuring Arthur. Silas was insisting the two hadn’t gotten up to anything last night and he did trust Silas enough to believe him even if he didn’t understand why Silas had no desire to be with Leo. The man was handsome and he seemed Nice and he was older which he knew Silas had a thing for. Surely he wasn’t still pining over Lance?

Silas wanted a serious talk with Arthur though, to understand where they stood with each other. Did Arthur want something more? That was a question and a half. ”I do trust you” Arthur promised. “More than I’ve trusted anyone” He felt he could be himself around Silas which is why it hurt so much to be torn over him. “But you know it’s not that simple” It wasn’t just about whether Arthur wanted to be with Silas or not. “It’s not that I don’t want more“ he confessed. “But I just don’t think it’s wise. I lie to Caroline enough as it is, I don’t want to drag you into that, and we’d just be setting ourselves up for failure, you know that, I won’t be here forever and….what if it doesn’t work out? I don’t want to lose you as a friend, I don’t think I could bear that” There was a lot more to think about than just: did he want more?

”And I’m aware that’s what I said last time, that I had no right to be jealous like I was but it just hit me. I’ve never been jealous like that before, it was maddening, but even as I was acting ridiculous I knew that I was being stupid, that it was your life and I was the one who said no last time, that it was none of my business. I…I’d like to think I wouldn’t act like that again but honestly I don’t know” maybe repeated exposure would make him better? “I think I need to learn how to handle my emotions a bit better, to not let them have such a hold on me. Hell, this was my first one night stand, although you can probably tell” he said with a wry smile. “I mean I slept with Kay but I cared about him, I thought maybe if I was with Galehaut it’d be easy to not linger on it afterwards but even now I know I feel softer about him than I did before” He really found ti hard to compartmentalise his feelings.

”I don’t want things to be awkward between us, and I know that easier said than done. I wish we could forget last night even happened” he sighed. This really was a difficult conversation to be having with the state he was in. “I’m going to try and be a better friend and not get involved in your love life, your decisions are your own to make and I’ll do my best to understand that” So, it seems that again Arthur was refusing to enter in a relationship with Silas, even if he knew he had feelings for the other prince. “I can move out of your room if you like, if that’ll make things easier” he offered even if he didn’t want to, he liked being near Silas, found him comforting.

(I can see Arthur and Silas having a friends with benefits relationship over a proper relationship first as I think Arthur should sleep around more first. I sort of imagine Silas taking him to a brothel although I’m not sure how that’ll come about And i feel like he’ll go back to Galehaut every so often. Arthur will want them to go back to how they were and pretend he was never that jealous and that he’s not that insanely involved over Silas. But I can see Arthur being the one to intiate the friends with benefits thing just one night when it gets too much for him. Poor Silas though, he’s so open with Arthur and all Arthur can seem to do is say no and then confuse him, it’s not really fair on him)

(Ooh, Yeah that sounds like fun! Like, I could picture someone flirting with Silas a lot and Arthur's jealousy sparks up again. And then Arthur just ending up pulling Silas aside and things going from there. I dunno, Whatever we do it'll be fun. )

Arthur trusted him, Silas didn't know why that surprised him. But it did. Made him feel a bit flustered. But Arthur was right, It wasn't that simple. Caroline would likely be hurt if she ever found out. They couldn't do that to her. Arthur also didn't want to risk harming the two's friendship. And well, Silas couldn't help but feel a certain level of disappointment. He was soon speaking of his jealousy. Causing Silas to focus more on him. He couldn't help a brief expression of amusement when Arthur spoke of his one night stand. And gently Silas encouraged. "Perhaps next time, Don't pick Galehaut. I fear you might break a limb with him. " But his words were teasing. He then nodded gently. "Alright, We... Won't pursue anything. But please. Don't let this happen again. " He'd respect Arthur's decision. Though he could help but feel sad at the words.

Silas then scoffed gently. "As long as you clear things up with Caroline, I am happy to forget last night. You're hardly the only person in the world to act stupid when drunk. " He teased gently. Before standing up. Silas glanced back towards Arthur. Pausing for a moment. Arthur moving out of his room might be for the best. Would maybe help them both move on from such things. But Silas couldn't bring himself to accept the offer. Instead shaking his head. "No, I... enjoy the company. " The room always felt far less lonely when Arthur was there.

Silas then thought for a moment. Before finally saying. "But, Considering all this. Maybe its best I move on from some old feelings. " Lance for example. It... Wasn't something that would work out. He should come to terms with that. Same as with Arthur. But there was also another person he needed to move on from. Ronan. That would be difficult to forget. But he needed to try. Thus Silas murmured. "I... Believe I am going to take partners again. Maybe I can even introduce you to some fun friends. I promise they won't leave bruises on you. I mean, Unless you are into that thing. " That had Silas grinning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back