• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

Lance spared Jerome a sympathetic look. No, Gaheris would not sell her, not if they pushed him and not to Jerome if he figured out who he was In connection to Ruth. Perhaps Jerome did not know Gaheris though, wasn’t aware of the sort of man he was, maybe that was for the better, might keep physical fights down a bit. He supposed Ruth was lucky in one way, in that she had survived, both her slavery and her family, she was certainly resilient, but there were some fates worse than death. Again, he didn’t know all of Ruth‘s story but he reckoned there were moments in her life which had hurt enough that she may have wished for death, like when her own child passed.

Caleb was a welcome sight, someone he knew better than Jerome and who might reassure the man that they were looking after Ruth. “Things could be better” Lance admitted. “Turns out there’s not a lot of family left for Ruth to return to” he said, maybe he should’ve checked with Jerome if that could be shared but he figured Caleb knowing might help Ruth. “Assuming Gaheris even lets her go anyway,“ he added, Caleb had not shared her and Agravain’s plan about talking to the king anyway. “I guess you don’t need to watch her at the castle Then” he murmured, she’d found her brother, no need to look anymore.

”although, showing her about still might be a good idea” he added. “Give her something to do other than just linger on what’s been lost. Plus she’s been cooped up here since we got back, getting out could do her some good” But Caleb was uncomfortable around the knights in her current state, he guessed they could avoid them mostly though, just give Ruth a tour. That was assuming Ruth was even up for it, but he hoped she wouldn’t try to be alone all day, that instead she would let them in to keep her company and give her comfort. “Maybe we could give her some fighting pointers As well? Show her how to fight and get rid of that tension and energy” he suggested, they’d talked about trying to get other female knights and he thought Ruth was a pretty good candidate, might alleviate some anger she could be feeling as well, but again obviously Caleb shouldn’t be physically involved with that, just shouting for the sidelines.

At Lance's voice, Caleb slowly opened the door and peered into the room. Caleb frowned at the news. Though she couldn't say she was surprised about it. Of course somethings had ended up being too good to be true. Such was a shame though. Caleb then gently pointed out. "Gaheris might not be given much of a choice in the matter. " She'd talk to the king. But she had a feeling Jerome being around might help there case. Jerome was still in training yes, But he was a brother in arms. The other knights would not approve of his sister being enslaved by Gaheris.

Taking Ruth to the castle might be a good idea. Hopefully it would help distract the young girl from the recent tragedy. Caleb though did mention. "I think whatever we do, It might be best for you to join us. She's... She clearly trusts you. " Sure, Her and Caleb had been getting along. But she had not known the girl long. Ruth relied on Lance and after discovering what had happened to her family? It might be good for her to have the company.

Teaching Ruth more about fighting was also tempting. She might not want to leave home for a bit. So it could very well be a good fall back plan. Though they surely could get some practice done as well at the castle. Jerome of course listened to this curiously. Piping up. "Whatever happens... Do you think she'd be okay if I join y'all? I... I don't want it to be too much for her. But I... I don't think I should leave. " He was at a loss of what to do. And looking at him. Caleb could tell Jerome also was affected by the discovery of Ruth. Caleb then suggested gently. "It might be best if you stay at the castle. I can bring her too you if she feels up to it. " It would let Ruth settle down a bit. She could talk to Jerome when she was ready. Caleb could tell the man was a bit disappointed. But he then gave Caleb a nod.

Lance assumed She meant that Agravain would sort it out when she said Gaheris wouldn’t have much choice, not that she was going to get the King involved but honestly whatever worked was a good idea. There was a slight problem though, Caleb thought he should join them for the tour snd the training. He wasn’t against such a suggestion, he was happy Enough in Ruth’s company and he would like to see her fight but he had a date today so they might have to postpone such an idea. Ruth really seemed ro need him around whenever he had plans with a lady, like Caroline and her waiting for him in the carriage all over again. “I cant do today” Lance murmured, although Ruth might not want to go today anyway, too much at once. “I’m a bit busy”

Jerome wanted to stay by his sister which was more than understandable but might be overwhelming for Ruth. “She won’t be far away” Lance reassured him. “But she could probably just do with some time” it was a lot for anyone to take it but Ruth had likely built it up so much in her mind, probably just to get her through all her worst times and to find out that her dream was shattered? It would take some getting used to. “Even if its Not what she’d hoped for, I’m glad she found you” Lance said, the pain was going to last for maybe ever but she wasn’t alone, she still had two brothers which was more than she’d had when she’d been alone.

”it’s good to have some family” it’s not like Lance’s own family was big, but it wasn’t quite the same, it’s not like he’d lost a whole gaggle of siblings. “Besides, you’ll need to come by to practice your fighting” Lance said, if Jerome swung by every so often to spar then it also gave Ruth the opportunity to see him without having to leave and go to the castle, she might feel safer somewhere she knew, and then maybe there’d be less pressure on the moment if it was part of a schedule rather than a built up meeting. Plus Ruth didn’t have watch him spar, it just gave Her that extra option.

Caleb wasn't too surprised by Lance being busy, Though such was a bit disappointing. Lance had only recently returned and no doubt had work he had to see too. Thus Caleb did not ask any questions. Her gaze then fell to Jerome who was looking down. Disappointment clear on his face. But he wasn't going to argue. Instead he simply nodded his head. Murmuring. "Just... Keep me updated on her. I... I'd like to know she's okay. " It could take some time for Ruth to reach out. Jerome clearly was worried. Wanted to know she was okay. They could do this for him. Thus Caleb promised. "Don't worry, We'll make sure to tell you how she's doing whenever we can. " She promised, And that seemed to calm the man down a bit.

Lance seemed to want to encourage Jerome to continue training with them. Which frankly, Caleb wasn't going to argue about. Jerome had potential that they should surely encourage. Besides, She had seen his mentor before. The man was very much someone that stuck to by the book. Which was good at times sure, But Caleb believed one needed to learn how to fight dirty from time to time. A real battle had no rules or honor. Jerome seemed to perk up at the suggestion. Saying. "Really? " Eyes wide as he looked at Lance.

Caleb seemed amused at the reaction, Though it did cause curiosity to show on her face. "Did you become a squire only to find Ruth? " Or had he always had a passion for it? Jerome blinked at the question. Before seeming embarrassed. "I wanted to be a knight Before Ruth was... Well, Sold. I thought they were strong, Noble, Were able to go wherever they wanted. But they also rescued people. So when Ruth was being taken away. I... Thought if I was one, I could rescue her. " He said, Scratching the back of his head. Cheeks turning a shade of red. He then continued. "Every knight that came through my village refused to take me as a apprentice. And when Frederick came through. Well, I had enough of being rejected. I figured if I annoyed him long enough he'd accept me. Or maybe I could find another knight that might take me by following him around. " Truthfully, Jerome was lucky Frederick hadn't murdered him! Someone like Agravain might have shoved him off a cliff. Okay, Maybe that was thinking a bit lowly of Agravain.

Lance didn’t know how long it’d take Ruth to reach out, it could be days or it could be weeks. Jerome would be waiting though and they’d be keeping an eye on her in The meantime. And the good news was that Jerome was still eager to improve, wasn’t going to call it day now that he’d found his sister. Lance was glad because Jerome had some real talent and he’d really like to see how good he could become. He guessed a lot of people dreamed of being s knight and Jerome was truly lucky to have been taken on, even if Fredrick wasn’t the best mentor out there, he was better than no mentor.

Agravain certainly wouldn’t have put up with such a nuisance. Maybe he wouldn’t have shoved him off s cliff, but he would've threatened him and told him to scram. He might’ve physically hurt Jerome too, but pushing off a cliff was maybe slightly extreme. “Well youre certainly persistent” Lance murmured, read stubborn, he shared that with a lot of knights actually. “You’ve got the makings of a good knight” Lance admitted. “Obviously you’ve still got a lot to learn but you’ve got some raw talent” Maybe he shouldn't tell Jerome, avoid him getting a big head but Lance had s big head himself so was proof it didn't always have a negative impact on ability. “I look forward to seeing you develop”

Maybe they should go back outside and resume sparring? It might take Jerome’s Mind off Ruth, except he’d partially become A knight to save her, had found out who she was out there, but then again Lance supposed whatever he did Jerome would be thinking about his sister. ”You did alright against Agravain actuslly” Lance said. “I know it was over quick but you didn’t need medical attention so that’s always a good start” Chris had come out of his battle with Agravain with a bad shoulder although he had also injured Agravain’s knee. “I think that maybe you think you’re quicker than you actually are, or maybe you overestimated how slow Agravain is which is how he caught you but it was a good effort”

Jerome's mood certainly seemed to cheer up a bit at Lance's words. Head held high and yeah, Lance perhaps should not be giving him so much praise. Jerome had enough pride as it was! But Caleb couldn't help but find such amusing. Lance seemed to think the young man had done well against Agravain, Which well... Caleb agreed. Agravain had been training since he was a child, Jerome only a few years. He'd done well. Caleb then piped up softly. "I think you should perhaps invest in a lighter weapon. That sword you have is nice enough, But I think you'd do better with something with less weight. " Jerome's style was much like Caleb's. She perhaps was the best one to guide him on such things. Luckily Jerome seemed willing to listen. Glancing at his sword which now sat at his side. He then confessed. "Yeah, Its one of Fredericks swords. " A slight blush showed on his face at that. Perhaps a touch embarrassed.

Caleb then studied the weapon for a moment. Before offering. "Hey, Why don't we go downstairs and I can show you some of my swords and you can get a feel for them. " She suggested. Though she'd need to get Melodias to retrieve them from wherever he had stashed them. Jerome seemed to like the idea. For he was grinning. Caleb had a few weapons that might work for him. Thus she was then telling him. "You can take one with you, Practice with it and get used to it for a week. Then we can see how long you last in a fight with Agravain this time? " It might not be a big improvement. But Caleb figured it would help. He'd also be more aware of what to expect from Agravain.

Jerome was wide eyed. "Really? " He then broke into a grin. Saying a soft. "Thank you! " Caleb couldn't help her amusement at Jerome's behavior. Waving her hand dismissively. She then said. "Heck, If you manage to scratch Agravain during your next fight. I'll let you keep the sword. " Give him more incentive to do good. Caleb then looked towards Lance. Gesturing towards the door and saying. "I'll help him pick a sword. Why don't you go be with Galahad? I left him with Chris downstairs. " She hadn't wanted to bring the boy upstairs if things were too tense. Though Chris hadn't seemed the most excited to babysit. He could certainly handle it for a couple of minutes!

A lighter weapon was a good idea, might give Jerome that little bit more of speed that he already seemed to think he had. A sword that wasn’t as heavy would also allow him to do more fancy manoeuvres, gave him more options so Lance couldn’t help but agree. It was nice of Caleb to lend him one of hers, he guessed Jerome likely didn’t have enough money to get one himself. It would be interesting to see how much Jerome would improve in that time but regardless it meant a date was set for next week for him to come visit again. So far things hadn’t worked out quite like planned for Jerome to be a new friend of Caleb’s, it’s not like the two seemed to dislike each other, but its Not like they’d really bonded with all the drama over Ruth being the main spectacle really.

She’d left Galahad with Chris? Fantastic. It’s not like Lance thought Chris would hurt his son or anything, but he knew Chris was currently off with him, upset or angry about yesterday, so it might be a little awkward. He nodded anyway and exited the room to go seek Chris. Although he was going to need someone to babysit whilst he went on his date with Gavin. Well, he guessed he could actually bring Galahad along but he didn’t know if that might ruin the mood and it meant he’d be busy trying to keep an eye on him rather than paying Gavin his full attention. No, probably best for his father to babysit perhaps, it was an idea though for him and Gavin to spend some time together at one point with both Galahad and Gabriel. Although Gabriel could talk and might spill the beans so he wasn’t sure how good an idea it actually was.

”I can take him back now” Lance said as he spotted Chris. “Jerome is still with Caleb, she’s goijg to lend him a sword” he explained, although Chris was probably more curious about the whole thing with Ruth. He didn’t really think it was his place to tell though, Jerome could fill Chris in if he wanted but Lance didn’t want to be too much of a gossip. Besides, Chris probably didn’t want to hear him talk, he wasn’t happy with him after all and Lance wondered how long that was going to last. Was he going to sulk like a child for a long time? Or would he appreciate that Lance was trying to help him?

(did you want to skip to the date or back to Arthur, Silas and Caroline?)

Last edited:
(Hey, Sorry for my late reply. Been busy. But we can. :) I'm fine with whatever you'd prefer. )

Downstairs, Chris was doing a fairly decent job watching Galahad. The boy was still alive afterall! Sitting on the floor hugging a stuffed animal. While Chris sat awkwardly nearby. Uncertain on what he was actually supposed to do. Caleb hadn't exactly given him instructions and babysitting wasn't something he had been trained in. The kid seemed to be entertaining himself well enough. So Chris simply stayed in place. Surprisingly feeling a bit of relief when he heard Lance approaching. As it simply ment he'd be free of the job.

That did not mean things were good with them though. Giving Lance a small nod at his words. Standing up, But well, As much as he wanted to escape before much more could be said. His gaze flickered behind Lance for a moment before going to the man. Asking softly. "Is he... Alright? " Jerome was his friend. He wanted him to be okay. But seemed to realize now it might be best to leave him be.

Christopher then shook his head. Telling Lance. "I noticed Ruth hurrying off. I'm not sure where she ran off to. But well, It was obvious things went poorly. " She had been tearful. Chris knew better then to disturb her or ask questions. Wasn't sure where she had gone to. Maybe outside? The woods nearby were plenty large and would offer plenty of places to hide if one needed some privacy. Or maybe she had sought out a quiet room in the house. Both seemed fairly likely.

(no worries. I’m indecisive but we did do their first date not that long ago so maybe best if we go To Arthur and that)

Chris was such a natural caregiver, clearly, by the way he fussed over Galahad and made him laugh - oh wait, Chris was doing none of that, it actually sort of looked like it pained him to be near the boy, the lack of knowledge clear on his face. Lance moved to take over caring for his son. “He’s okay” Lance replied. ”it’s hard, Ruth was expecting so much and it’s not his fault he had so little to offer. It’ll just take some time for them both to get used to things. All we can do is wait really“ he admitted, he didn’t want to force Ruth into anything and Jerome would likely only feel better once Ruth was more comfortable around him. “I’ll look for her” Lance murmured, best to find her before she was gone too long. He figured he’d check the house before he looked outside, hopefully she hadn’t gone too far and hopefully she’d want his comfort.

Speaking of comfort, Arthur had had a more relaxed night than the previous. His sleep hadn’t been the easiest, he’d still woken up briefly but not bad enough to set him off crying and shaking and running away to the other room. He hoped those sort of nights would last because he didn’t want to be sobbing every night, and more importantly, he didn’t want to disturb Silas. It was nice laying in his bed, soothing to hear him breathe rhythmically in the night, but he’d be lying if he said it wasn’t slightly awkward. He didn't know if Silas felt the same, but Arthur felt it especially in the dark, on their own. It made the memory of their kiss feel like the present, like the future, and the past all at once, hard not to think about when all he could see was Silas’ glowing green eyes and soft lips.

Arthur was still a bit in shock about it to be honest. He’d kissed Silas, Silas liked him, he liked Silas. He supposed that shouldn’t have really shocked him, Silas was beautiful and fun and surprisingly soft. He had a way of getting under people’s skin and Arthur had thought about him a fair amount when not in his presence, hoping he was okay and wondering what made him tick. But Silas was also brash, and rude and frankly annoying at times, he was wild and unrepentant and downright overwhelming. He wasn’t really what Arthur would’ve thought would be his type. But he made Arthur’s insides feel warm and squishy, and laying in bed with him made him feel domestic if a bit squirmy, he shouldn’t be experiencing these sort of emotions, Silas was very much forbidden fruit, someone who needed a friend not another lover.

Anyway, Arthur had done a very good job of keeping his lips to himself. Despite what had happened between them before, what had been said and what they felt, Arthur was determined to keep things platonic. Even if he liked Silas, okay, even though he liked Silas, he couldn’t do that to Caroline, he had committed enough betrayals against her already, and he didn’t want to mess up his friendship with Silas, Arthur didn’t really have a lot of friends as of late, and not to be mean, but neither did Silas, so no, he couldn’t ruin that for them. So, that meant laying in bed with Silas was nice, comforting, if a bit tense with what they knew was between them. Arthur wasn’t entirely sure how to act, now that he was aware of the elephant in the room he wasn’t sure he should act like before, it might be too familiar, had he only been acting that way because he’d felt a bit more than friendship for Silas? But at the same time he couldn’t pull away his support and he couldn’t not be soft with Silas, knowing about it Didn’t stop his feelings, but it did leave him feeling unsure. Maybe he just needed a distraction, when was Ethan coming back? His unresolved tension with him would give him a bit of a reprieve from the thoughts in his head.

Anyway a new morning meant a new set of bandages for Silas, except Arthur felt the wound should really be cleaned first, best not to wrap up dirt. So, Arthur rolled out of the massive bed, and managed to catch a passing servant to ask for some bath water for Silas to be prepared. He did wonder if the servants knew about Silas’ injuries, about him taking care of the other prince, or if instead they were whispering lewd things behind their backs, but he was at least comforted by the fact that Caroline knew why he was with Silas, and Rayner too would know, all the evidence for him taking care of Silas was there. Arthur moved round to Silas’ side in order to wake the other man up. “Rise and shine” Arthur called, moving to pull the sheets off of Silas so that he didn’t attempt to ignore him and go back to sleep. “Come on, I’ve ordered a bath for you, we need to make sure your back is staying clean”

The kiss had been something that had certainly lingered in Silas's mind. Not helped by the closeness between him and Arthur as of late. It was hard for him not to be affected. But Silas had kept quiet regarding the events. Decided it best not to push the matter. If Arthur wanted to pursue such things. Then well, Maybe it was best to let Arthur make the next move. For now? Silas would simply try not to linger on such thoughts for long. Would simply enjoy the companionship. Maybe Arthur sleeping in his bed was a bit awkward. But Silas was often exhausted at the end of the day and worried little over such things. His father had luckily left Silas be as of late, But the pain of the whip still lingered.

Arthur was a bit more of a early riser then Silas. No doubt waking early had been a part of his knight training. But truly, did he need to sound so cheering so early? Silas soon was burying his face into his pillow. Yet he was soon made more aware by the blanket being pulled away from him. How rude! Silas still lifted his head. Hair a bit of mess. Drowsily muttering. "You are far to much of a morning person. " Then he sat up. Things were not as bad as before. But he still found himself wincing.

Silas then mused teasingly. "Will you be joining me? " The offer was not one that was serious. But maybe it wasn't that terrible of a idea, Silas might need help cleaning his wounds. But Silas figured Arthur could look at his back once he got out. Oh, Had Silas knew about Arthur's incidents with Ethan in a bath. Well, He might have teased him further. For now Silas let the subject go. Getting to his feet and moving towards his dressers.

Silas then suddenly said. "We should have a bit of rest today. " He hummed, Searching threw his dresser until he found a suitable pair of trousers. He figured after his bath, It best not to just walk out the bathroom naked while Arthur lingered in his room. Not that he cared that much about being seen. But he decided to try and be polite today. Silas then continued. "Father is going to be spending a few hours distracted with some nobility. If we're lucky he'll go out on a hunting trip with them. Either way, He won't be paying much attention to us. " Such was nothing serious. Plenty of nobility were still in town due to Arthur's arrival. Silas might have been worried Rayner might have dragged them into such things. But well, He probable didn't want to risk Arthur or Silas saying something that might embarrass him. Besides, Silas was in obviously bad shape.

Arthur grinned at the comment of him being a morning person. Yeah he did tend to rise early to train but when he’d been seeing Ethan, he had enjoyed lying in bed with him for a while rather than rushing out the door. Silas was soon teasing him, but barely, it just compounded how awkward things were at the moment. He would have figured that Silas would make some comment about how Arthur didn’t need to go to the trouble to see him naked or something. And Silas wasn’t even lingering on the moment, letting the teasing sink in, no he was moving on to the day’s events.

“What are you suggesting?” Arthur asked, a bit wary but also curious, tilting his head slightly. Was Silas going to suggest they escape to town again? Was that really wise? Rayner may be distracted but that didn’t mean he’d forget about them and Silas couldn’t really afford to get more hurt at the moment. That being said, Arthur didnt like being cooped up and could do with some fresh air. “Bear in mind you don’t have that guard on your side any more” Arthur pointed out. “If you plan on leaving, you might need to use a different way” Rayner knew about that exit, probably had someone loyal posted there now, but with Silas’ injuries that also limited their options, he couldn’t be doing anything too strenuous.

Anyway, back to the more immediate plan of his bath. “im not going to join you in the bath but I’ll clean your back for you” he said. Maybe it would be awkward, even more so than what already lingered, but Silas’ may have trouble reaching his back to clean and it needed a gentle touch really. Besides, he had seen Silas naked before, he had not shame after all, he’d seen Silas entangled with Ronan for goodness’ sake. Maybe Arthur should have a bath though, might relax him, and he should look his best for Caroline and the other nobles, but sharing it with Silas? That was maybe still too much. He’d shared a bath with Ethan, it might bring back memories which were now painful.

The servant was soon back and filled up the bath for Silas, quickly leaving them alone again. He had noticed Silas rummaging through his drawers, the fact that Silas didn’t plan on strutting around after his bath just to be a nuisance really cemented that the dynamic had shifted between them. Arthur didn’t say anything, not yet, it’s not like he was going to say he missed and enjoyed Silas showing Off his body and teasing him, even if that was kind Of true, but it worried him that things would continue to change between them, that Silas and his friendship was going to be increasingly awkward. “Cmon, you can tell me today’s plans whilst I sort out your back” he prompted, moving towards the bath, rolling his sleeves up to keep them dry and clean, revealing his, of course, toned and strong arms. “Or if youre still thinking about it, tell me what you dreamed about” Had silas dreamt? He hoped it had been nice and not a nightmare like his little one or the one yesterday, Silas deserved nice dreams after what he had to put up with in life.

Silas couldn't help a brief look of mischief at Arthur's questioning. Glancing back at him with a grin. His thoughts were halted though when Arthur continued speaking. Unable to help being a bit startled by the offer. Before a soft laugh came from him. "Well, If you're going to join me in the bathroom, You are certainly welcome to the tub. " He teased. Arthur was right, Silas had little shame. Though his cheeks had turned a bit redder. Arthur had seen everything before. And Silas was not shy about showing himself. But things between him and Arthur had become complicated and well, It was hard to fully tamper down the flustered feeling. Luckily the sound of the servants provided some distraction.

Arthur was encouraging him towards the bathroom and Silas soon was trailing behind. Musing. "Mmm... I do have some ideas of trouble we could get into. " It felt a waste to not enjoy the time of his father being distracted. But things would be limited. Silas knew his back would keep him from getting too wild. Stepping into the bathroom. He then said playfully. "I think my dreams would make you go red. " But it was merely a joke. No, Silas did not tend to dream. Or atleast, Not remember his dreams. Something that he preferred. When he did dream it were nightmares that he was happy to forget. Silas was then moving to remove his shirt. Tossing it aside, Though he frowned slightly.

How bad were the scars on his back? He had seen the scars on slaves from being whipped. Ugly wounds. Would his be the same? Would they ever heal or would they always mar his skin? He didn't much like the thought of that. So he shook it from his mind. Finishing undressing and moving towards the bathtub and sinking in. It was hard not to tense when his back reached the water. But any pain was not as bad as it had been the previous day. Silas chose to distract himself though. Saying. "I've a few other escape routes should we wish to go to town. But they are not the easiest of routes. " They weren't particularly difficult. But with his wounds it certainly upped the challenge a bit.

Silas then grinned and said. "I figure we could explore the town while... Mostly sober this time. We can bring some coins and go gambling. " Not that they needed the money. But Silas figured it likely was not something Arthur had done before. Silas then hummed. "If we are careful perhaps we might even return without anyone having noticed our absence. " He mused. Though he figured that was just wishful thinking. A servant or guard would eventually realize they were gone. Silas then mused. "Or we could annoy father. I've some ideas how to. Though I fear that might be tempting fate. " Silas briefly considered it might be worth it. Eventually the man would hurt them regardless of what they did. So why not frustrate him?

Was that a nice offer? Or was it Silas trying to mess with him still? Or it was teasing, ay be there was some seriousness under it but Arthur didn’t plan on joining him in the tub even if that was the case. Silas of course knew how to get them into trouble, but Arthur knew he didn’t have to intentionally seek it out, no matter what they did it would displease Rayner. Arthur was already blushing slightly, it was hard not too, it’s not like he had a problem with seeing other men’s bodies, but it was hard not to think about what was between him and Silas as the other prince undressed. Arthur didn’t avert his eyes exactly, he didn’t want Silas thinking he was too affected, but he tried not to stare either. Luckily Silas wasn’t lingering long in his naked state before getting into the bath and Arthur was blushing more as Silas talked about his supposed dreams. He didn’t know that Silas didn’t dream, his would he? No, he instead imagines that Silas had a lurid imagination mixed with outrageous memories.

Arthur moved around the tub so he was near Silas’ back, picking up a cloth and dipping it into the bath water so he could start cleaning his back. Of course Silas had other escape routes, but did they really want to try them? “Mostly sober?” Arthur echoed. “Isn’t it a bit early to even think about drinking?” He commented, letting his eyes roam Silas’ back. The sounds didnt look good, he wasn’t going to lie, red slashes across his back, although Arthur couldn’t say how badly they would scar, they were of course still fresh and Silas had a while until he’d be healed. Hopefully the medic’s salve would help minimise scarring and speed up the healing process. Kay had already had scars from being whipped before he’d been in Arthur’s care but the flogging from him hadn’t helped. Oh, he was going to miss Kay but he wouldn’t stand in the way of his freedom any longer.

”yes it would be tempting fate” Arthur agreed. “Let your father get annoyed the old fashioned way, just by you being alive“ Arthur muttered as he placed a gentle hand on Silas’ shoulder, hopefully it‘d soothe him somewhat as he started to dab at the wounds on his back. He‘d do his best not to hurt Silas but he was sure it’d still sting. “Gambling sounds…..doable” he admitted. “I don’t think I’ll be any good and I’m not even sure I see the appeal but i guess I’ve never really tried it” Would the place be seedy? Arthur Imagine it must be at least a little, who gambled this early in the morning after all? “Although I feel bad” he admitted. “i feel like I’m taking up all your time” He did spend most of his days with Silas so far and well, now the nights. “Sure you’re my friend, but Caroline’s your sister, and she missed you, worried about you, but she hasn’t gotten much chance to spend time with you” just at meals and okay they’d hung out a bit the other day but Caroline at least had friends to occupy her. “We could invite her along, although I’ll be honest I’m not really sure what her thoughts on gambling are and I dont know how she’s feeling either, I’ll have to check on her before we leave” He’d need to change too so that would kill two birds with one stone. He wasn’t sure she’d want to come with but maybe they should give her the option, although maybe they shouldn’t be taking a pregnant princess to what he was guessing was a not quite reputable establishment. “But, anyway, I think you should set aside some time for her if you can, as annoying as you can be, I’m sure she’ll enjoy having you to herself for a bit” he teased softly. Caroline should get to hang out with her big brother without Arthur hogging his attention. He needed to stop being so selfish with Silas and neglectful of Caroline.

Silas couldn't help but snicker a bit at Arthur's words. Well, He wasn't saying they drink right away! Just consider it a option for the future. Arthur did not seem so keen on the other idea either. So best to scrap that plan for a later date. He opened his mouth to continue speaking. Only to pause when he felt Arthur's touch. It was hard not to feel his cheeks heat up a bit. But he was soon distracted from such thoughts when Arthur began cleaning the wound. Wincing, He did his best to remain in place and keep from moving. The less he moved the sooner Arthur would be finished.

Silas couldn't help but smile as Arthur relented to the idea of going gambling. Saying softly. "Don't worry, As long as you don't gamble away your kingdom or something, I'm sure things will be fine. " What could go wrong? But then Arthur was mentioning Caroline and Silas paused. Seeming in thought. "I... Will make more time for her. But honestly, I'm not the main person she wanted to see by coming back here. " He pointed out. He knew his sister well enough. He didn't think she came all this way just for him. "Fathers always been kinder to her. But... He doesn't really show that unless its just the two of them. " Caroline had wanted to come here and see her father afterall. He was a cruel man, But he'd never shown such behavior to her.

Silas then looked forward. Seeming a bit uncwertain. He then murmured. "I always used to expect he'd... Turn on her. Act the same as he does to me. But he never has. " Silas didn't know if that made him feel better or worse. Perhaps a small part of him was jealous in a way. But such was never a thought he entertained. Such was not Caroline's fault. He then told Arthur. "I imagine if anything she is likely upset she hasn't had a chance to really spend with him. " The idea was not a nice one in Silas's mind. But he knew his sister was safe enough. Rayner would not cause her any harm, Especially not when she was pregnant.

Arthur wasn’t sure gambling appealed to him, he’d never tried it but he couldn’t see himself addicted to such a thing, then again he guessed the same was true for a lot of people, but Arthur was not someone that needed to play the odds to try and improve his life. Probably for the best someone kept an eye on him though, they didn’t want Arthur to get on the bad side of the wrong people. Arthur listened carefully to Silas as he worked on clearing up the blood and making sure his back would be alright to be rebandaged. Silas surprised him with his words about Caroline, he supposed they shouldn’t have done, Caroline had spoken fairly fondly of her father when back in his own kingdom and it was understandable that someone might be missing their dad, but….it was Rayner! He was a detestable person and he couldn’t really see why anyone would want to spend time with him. “I’m not sure I could be so content in someone’s company when I know how cruel they can be” he admitted. And it wasn’t just like Rayner was being mean to someone random, it was her brother! “But, I guess father’s are complicated” he conceded with a small frown. It’s not like Caroline would really remember her mother, Rayner was the only parent she knew and if he’d been kind ti her? Well, Arthur could see that she might miss him.

”but I don’t want to talk about Rayner” Arthur declared, he already had Too much of a presence in the room what with Silas’ wounds. No, he wouldn't linger on that foul man more than he had to, better to move onto less detestable topics. “tell me about your religion” he inquired, it was not like religions he’d seen back home too much, not that he'd really gotten involved in them, and he was pleased for Silas that he had something to link him to his mother, he’d like to learn more about the gods and the practices and about how it made Silas feel. He recalled them going to the temple in the town, it had been nice, soothing, a bit of calm admist all the bubbling emotions he’d been feelings and otherwise bustling city.

Arthur finished cleaning his back, placing the cloth to the Side snd reaching a hand up to thread through Silas’ locks like he had the other day. “Let me wash your hair” Arthur prompted, he imagined it’d be relaxing, for both of them, okay maybe it’d be slightly tense with what was between them but Arthur liked touching Silas and whilst he was in a bath that was really the most inoffensive option, plus it just so happened that Arthur also liked stroking Silas’ hair, and whilst he was in the bath he might as well wash fully. Arthur had shared a bath with Ethan but he hadn’t helped wash him, not that Arthur was sharing the bath with Silas but he was sharing the moment at least. “How often do you go?” Perhaps it was only every now and again, he remembered Silas saying he didn’t go as often as he should but maybe he still went once a month or something? Or whenever he got the spare time. “if you ever got married, would you get married according to your religions customs? And as for children, would you raise them in that faith?” Of course these were very hypothetical because he knew Silas had no plans for those things but Arthur found them intriguing inquisitions all the same.

Silas kept his gaze low as Arthur spoke. Perhaps it was difficult to understand from a outside perspective. But Silas thought he could understand Caroline's affections. Seemed the topic was not one Arthur wanted to linger on though. His next words caught him by surprise. It wasn't a question he was often asked and it took him a couple moments before he spoke. "Well, Its... Not like the ones from your home. I don't believe in one god. but multiple. " He began, Though his thoughts were soon distracted when he felt hands in his hair and heard Arthur's voice. It causing a certain redness to cross over his face. Silas had little shame, But it seemed Arthur was somehow able to keep flustering him. But he didn't argue with him.

Arthur was soon asking further questions. Most Silas didn't think he knew the answer to and he had a feeling Arthur might simply keep asking more. So he turned around finally to face Arthur, Which might make washing his hair a bit difficult! Silas was then musing. "Well, Some ones nosy today. " He joked gently. But his words were lighthearted. Silas then told Arthur gently. "When I can, But that is not as often as I'd like. " First question was the easy one. Silas then debated the next ones. Shaking his head. "No, It would likely not be of such customs. Those beliefs are not very common and certainly not far spread. It would look better for it not to follow such beliefs. " Silas snorted. Though clearly he did not like such words. This was all assuming he did marry, Which well, The only way that was happening was if his father forced him. So he doubted he'd have much control over the wedding anyway.

The next question had his expression softening a bit. Murmuring. "I... Suppose I would teach them. It would be hard for me not too. " Silas then found himself going quiet in thought. Taking a couple moments before saying. "I don't believe Caroline believes in any such things. Which is fine, It is her business what she believes in. But... I wish I had taught her more about it when we were small. I... Wasn't a great teacher though. " It felt a shame, It had been a religion his mother had held dear. Yet Caroline hadn't really had there mother to teach her it. Thus her knowledge of such things were fragmented.

Arthur succeeded in changing the subject and in getting Silas flustered, not that he’d been aiming for that last one. Silas didn’t give him a lot of chance to wash his hair though as he was soon turning around. “I prefer the term curious” he countered, eyes light and small smile on his lips. He thought it was sort of sas that if Silas got married it wouldn't Be according to his religion but he guessed it was unlikely that his wife would share the same beliefs if he ever got one. At least it, it seemed, that Silas would try to teach any children he might have in such ways. But Silas had regrets concerning Caroline and Arthur gave him a sympathetic look.

”you were only young” he pointed out, Silas couldn’t blame himself for not teaching Caroline, he’d been small and grieving. ”could you not teach her now? She might not believe but it could be nice for her to learn about what you believe in, what your mother believed in“ he suggested. Arthur picked up a washing bowl, scooping up some water and pour it over Silas’ hair after getting him to tilt his head so it didn’t go in his eyes. It was more difficult with Silas facing him but still doable. Facing each other though was….it was harder to hide and Arthur didn’t need to hide as such but it certainly brought memories of the other night to the forefront of his mind. He managed to keep a calm face though as he emptied some shampoo into his hand and leaned forward to start massaging Silas’ head.

”do you ever talk about your mother to Caroline” he asked gently. He understood it was a sensitive subject, that it must hurt to talk about and it’s not like Caroline would have many memories for Silas to elaborate on but he could tell her stories, share What he remembered. And did Rayner ever talk about his late wife? He would guess not often, it seemed a sore spot for him. This family really needed to talk, he figured, get out all their negative emotions. He found it difficult to imagine losing his mother, especially at such a young age, but he also couldn’t imagine that after it he wouldn’t talk about her, Malia was such a big part of his life that he felt she’d always be a part of it in one way or another. Maybe Caroline didn’t want to learn about her mother though, its not something that Arthur had ever actually asked her but he would’ve thought she’d at least be curious. “you could tell me about her” he said softly, he was intrigued by the later queen but also if Silas did speak to Caroline about her, it might help him to rehearse some of what he said, give him a bit of confidence or some emotional support.

Silas couldn't help but find himself feeling a bit more flustered as he sat there staring up at Arthur. This all felt rather intimate. Though he did his best to keep such feelings off his face. Still, he soon enough decided to turn back around. For the best probable, Would make washing his hair easier. Silas considered the idea for a moment. Before saying. "I... Might try, It would be nice to show her a few things while she's here. " He wasn't sure Caroline would be much interested in such things. But it could not hurt to try and teach her. The topic soon turned to his mother and Silas frowned a bit.

Silas then found himself confessing. "No, Not really. Caroline would occasionally ask questions when we were small. But I... Never brought the topic up myself. " It was a heavy topic, When he was young it had been far more difficult for him to talk about. Still was at times. He had a feeling Caroline perhaps knew that. Maybe avoided the topic due to that. Which wasn't really fair Silas thought, Caroline deserved to know more about their mother. Arthur seemed curious about the late queen. Thus, Silas considered the question for a moment.

Silas then said in amusement. "I remember she had a temper. Especially with the nobility around here. You've seen how passive aggressive the people here can be. Well, She didn't tolerate such. I remember many a time when she'd cover my ears so she could no doubt say some foul things to them. " Needless to say the queen hadn't done the best at court. She hadn't had the most allies. Luckily the king had plenty enough sway to make up for such. Silas then said. "I recall she also used to love telling stories. She had a lot of them, Or maybe she just made them up on the spot. " Such were fond memories, Though Silas realized as he spoke that it wasn't the easiest to talk about. It wasn't all bad, It was nice to remember in a way. "She'd occasionally also sing. Which she was frankly a horrible singer. I don't think she much cared, She just enjoyed singing. "

Arthur listened carefully as he sat massaging Silas’ scalp. It was a bit intimate but Arthur also found it soothing, he liked being able to touch Silas gently and Silas wasn’t protesting or complaining so hopefully he liked it too. The queen was not what he’d expected, he’d thought that she’d probably be nice and calm, a pinnacle of peace and love but Silas was explaining she had some fire to her. “You get your confidence from her then?” Arthur commented, although Rayner seemed pretty confident himself. He could actually see why the king and queen might’ve gotten along, although Rayner was far more foul a person than the queen.

”did you get her singing voice?” Arthur asked with A smile, he’s not sure he’d ever heard Silas sing but maybe he’d get a rendition or a serenade at some point. “Was your parent’s marriage arranged?” Rayner had claimed to love, or at least deeply care about Silas’ mother and whilst that was possible for arranged marriages it wasn’t the point of them. Plus, Arthur wasn’t sure when Rayner had taken the throne, obviously the kingdom was a bit fractured so had the marriage been one to appease dissident factions or had it been one of love?

”my mother never covered my ears when she had something foul to say” Arthur told Silas, no he could recall Malia not biting her tongue at balls and meetings, and that hadn’t much changed either. “My parents marriage was arranged” Although Silas could no doubt guess that. “She was only young when she married my father but I’d like to think they love each other” Alexander definitely seemed fond of Malia, it was a bit more difficult to tell the other way around. Malia loved Arthur at least. “I miss them” he admitted, although he felt silly saying it, he wasn’t a little kid and at least his parents were alive unlike Silas who no doubt missed the late queen. “I know I didn’t leave on the best terms with my father but maybe that’s part of the reason, we never Got to make up” he murmured, pulling his hands away from Silas’ head to gather more water so he could rinse his hair. “I’m not sure I can forgive him for what he made me do though” He was traumatised at whipping Kay, it wasn’t that easy to forgive Alexander for. Arthur gently titled Silas’ head again, pouring the water over his hair. “And I worry for my mother and her pregnancy, I only hope they might send some good news back once they receive my letter” He figured his letter telling them about Caroline’s pregnancy should arrive soon and then fingers crossed they’d write back, Lance too and well…he figured his friend would soon be the one fretting once he read the letter for him.

(Bump. I sort of plan for when Ethan comes back for Arthur to...not confront him but have a chat with him. but I sort of imagine him quite drunk and I’m not sure if Arthur is enough off the rails yet. Although maybe If him and Silas goes out, I can see him getting quite drunk with Silas, maybe kissing Silas again and then getting more drunk to try and move past it then going off to find Ethan or wanting to kiss Silas and drinking to distract himself and hence why he finds Ethan. Although I do quite like the idea of the princes drinking together and Arthur’s just talking about Ethan, like not even thinking too much about Silas cos he’s a bit drunk and just Silas feeling a bit sidelined, Arthur not realising that maybe he’s being a bit insensitive until the next day)

Bump.
If you’re not feeling it we can time skip, a little or a bit more.
lance‘s date, Arthur’s mini quest, Agravain searching for that cabin with Chris, or something with Ruth? I can see Lance getting the letter Arthur sent actually and freaking out once he finds out Caroline‘s pregnant.
or even further ahead like Arthur and Silas have gone out drinking more often and maybe Silas is healed a bit, maybe Ethan’s back and Arthur meets up with him, or to if Kay has found anything out about Rayner, Lance could be more established with Gavin but still keeping it secret, I can imagine they’d have a masquerade ball or something to celebrate the New heir and he can go dancing with her there, maybe Caleb giving birth And Gaheris having stepped things or about to step things up with Gareth? Open to any suggestions if that’s what you want to do.

//I'm sorry for how spotty I've been recently. I'm not sure how best to start us off. But figured I'd start off with Gavin. A little further into her and Lance's relationship. Maybe her and Lance seeing eachother? Just a bit before Lance gets the letter.

Silence filled the castles halls. Sure, sometimes one could hear the footsteps of a guard or servant. But most of the activity of the castle was bound to the daytime. The night thus gave a perfect chance for those who wished to be more discreet to meet eachother. Such was the case for Gavin. Time had passed, No longer bound to her room. She often was allowed to walk the halls. Where would she go? She had no intentions of leaving the castle. And She was the kings ally against Morgan. Who was soon to give birth. It gave her more freedom then she should have. Especially considering her crimes.

Still, It would not be good for her to be spotted sneaking around at night. Thus she walked quickly to her destination. The library. Few had any reason to venture there this late at night. And the bookshelves did provide a small place to duck behind should someone unwanted enter. A nice hiding space. And if she got caught in there? Well, She could simply excuse herself and say she was studying something. Slipping into the room quietly. Gavin took a moment to scan the room. She was the first to arrive.

Her heart was beating fast. This was not the first time she had snuck off to visit Lance. One would think she'd have calmed by now. But no. Nerves always seemed to effect her. The man had a way off getting under her skin. His presence always leaving her with red cheeks and a bit scattered. How annoying. So why did she keep trying to see him? That wasn't a question she could answer. So she didn't linger on it. Slowly moving further into the room. Towards a small desk where she could light a candle. A little light in the dark room would be nice.

(That’s okay, I know life gets in the way. I was just getting worried about you :( )

It didn’t take much longer for Lance to arrive and soon the door was cracked open and his head peeked through, breaking out into a pleased grin once he spotted her. He pushed the door open a bit further and slipped in, making his way over, hands behind his back. “fancy seeing you here at this time of the night” he said jokingly, his grin now playful and delighted. Lance enjoyed not having to hide his emotions, liked to let people know how he felt, Gavin on the other hand seemed a bit more guarded but Lance liked to think he could read her fairly well. She was not as experienced at this whole sneaking around to meet a romantic partner thing whereas Lance had had some practice before, back when he’d been a teenager and the various Times his relationships had not been approved of, most dangerous on the list of course being Caroline.

He moved towards her and went to press a warm hand against her cheek and then lean in for a tender kiss, catching a whiff of her perfume and giving her enough time to see the move coming and reject him should she wish. He always did his best to try not and startle Gavin with his moves, he enjoyed surprising people and he still liked to think he surprised her sometimes but it was about giving her enough time to see where he was going, whether she would say no. After a little while he dropped the hand, pulled away his lips but kept close to her otherwise. He let the other hand appear from behind his back and offered her a beautifully arranged bouquet of flowers to her.

”I didn’t know what type of flowers you like so I hope they’re okay” he explained. “I hope i didn’t keep you waiting long“ he continued ”but maybe just long enough that you were starting to miss me” he teased with that cheeky grin. “How was you day?” He asked, changing tracks, he knew she had more freedom now, wasn’t sure if he personally agreed with it, knew his father wasn’t happy at all, but Alexander didnt Seem worried. As long as Gavin was on Alexander’s side and providing some use against Morgan then she couldn’t probably do whatever she wanted, at least That’s what Antonio theorised and Lance somewhat agreed. Whilst her freedom made it easier for them to meet up, he was worried about her, thought maybe it’d be better for her if someone was watching her, he didnt Like the way those murders occupied her mind and what if someone came looking for revenge? Someone should really keep more of an eye on her. As confusedly smitten as Lance felt for her, he knew she’d only stopped because she’d been caught, still maybe have murder in her heart, she was still a dangerous individual. It was hard to fully realise that though, here and now as the soft candlelight bounced off her figure.

(Don't worry, I'm okay. <3 how have you been lately? )

Gavin heard the sound of familiar footsteps before she heard Lance's voice. Pausing for a moment before turning around. His voice teasing. Something that seemed common for him. Though the hands behind his back was a new one. For a brief moment she wondered if he perhaps had a knife. But she brushed that idea away quickly. If he wanted to stab her he'd just use his sword. Soon he was infront of her. And Gavin mused. "How do we just keep running into eachother? " She joked back. Soon feeling his lips against hers. And closing her eyes as she kissed him back. But it did not last long. Soon he was pulling away. Leaving her with flushed cheeks.

She'd be lying if she said she wasn't surprised by the flowers. Pausing for a moment before reaching forward to take them. "They're beautiful. " She said. admiring them for a moment. Perhaps servants might question who sent them. But well, Gavin had plenty reaching out for her hand. She could just brush it off as one of them. She then laughed gently had his words. "Perhaps a bit, You are very nice to look at. " Things were light and easy. Gavin knew how her feelings for Lance should be. They both were aware they needed to be careful around each other. But it was difficult not to let her guard down when he made her feel like this.

Gavin then smiled at the question. "I've been well, I received a letter from Gawain today. He seems to be doing well. Talked mostly about Theo in his letter. " It was nice to hear from him. She figured the rest of the castle would also hear news of the other knights. Though Gavin found herself only concerned of her brothers well being. Gavin then grinned at Lance. "What of you? I heard little Galahad has started picking up sign language? " She knew the man had been struggling to communicate with his son. But Galahad was a fast learner. He'd pick it up in no time.

(Glad to hear it. I’m doing okay. We got another kitten so we now have 5 cats! Which is a lot but he’s a right sweetie snd loves cuddling at bed time)

Even in just the candlelight he could see her flushed cheeks and it always made his insides tingle at little at the reaction he could elicit from her, that she could take such pleasure in his presence. By all rights they should be within 50 feet of each other, should hate each other’s guts but…things had not fully worked out that way and instead Lance found he could hardly get her off his mind as of late, it seemed he was only getting worse with his infatuation and he was sure should Caleb or anyone else find out the he would be scolded severely for such an insane measure of judgement.

He preened, pleased that she liked her gift snd that he’d been complimented so. He knew he was handsome but it didn’t hurt to hear it. She was probably at least a little used to his big head by now though. “I’m glad he’s okay” Lance confessed, he knew that Gawain obviously hated him now but Gawain and once been a good friend and that didn’t just go away for him, he still worried about the man, remembered how frail he’d felt on that journey and being so far away from his family must be killing him but at least he had Theo. “hopefully he’ll be back soon enough, itll be good for you all to be together again” althiugh he knew Gavin was….detached from some of her brothers, that she was not on the best of terms with Agravain or even Gawain but he hoped that would change and would encourage it himself if he could.

Another smile split his face. “He’s so bright” Lance praised. ” I didn’t expect him to pick it up so quick but what a relief, I want to know what he’s thinking and I love talking to him” he gushed. “Not to brag but I think he gets his language skills from me” he said although Elaine was very bright herself, he felt he had her pipped in the language department. “Only problem is him picking up the word ‘no’. Luckily he’s been quite well behaved so far but he’s already protested bed time once or twice” he said. “What about Gabriel? Is she behaving herself. I bet she’s glad she can see you more” he moved a hand to her side and leaned in again. “I certainly am” he breathed with a grin and went to give her another small kiss. He found it hard to help himself, he liked touching her, being close. Why restrain himself when they’d purposely snuck away to spend some time together? “I wish I could tell someone about you without them thinking me mad” he enjoyed the secrecy, them getting to be alone and also the thrill of it, being secluded and precious but he also would like to talk to his friends, sit in the sun and tell them all the things he liked about her, hold her hand in the daylight and kiss where they could be seen. He wasnt Sure she felt the same though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back