• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

Merlin being here was a bit creepy but she seemed a little less sinister than she had at the castle. Lance knew he didn’t have too much reason to worry, she was just a frail woman who had not shown any physical aggression snd just was rather odd rather than evil but still, she made him uneasy and he didn’t want to upset Galahad anymore, although Galahad had seemed to like Merlin’s dog at the castle. She was offering to give him what he lacked again and whilst it’d be lovely for Galahad to hear, he wasn’t sure it was possible (if that’s what she was talking about) and he didn’t want to put Galahad at risk in order to get him to hear.

Merlin put up little fuss but it seemed she’d wait for their return, oh fun. “Yeah, she’ll be fine” he insisted, before calling out to Merlin: “watch out for Agravain, he won’t appreciate your words” he warned. Merlin wasn’t his favourite person but he didn’t think her brand of truth would mix well with Agravain’s temper. She knew too much which might remind him of Morgan as well which would only add to the animosity between them. He turned back to Caleb. “when we first found her, she was in a basement by herself. She didn’t really like spending time with the knights either, i’m the only one who really talked to her. She liked Arthur and Percival though, but I guess so do most people” he shrugged, they must be in Caroline’s kingdom by now, Merlin didn’t have them to pester.

“She’s the one who warned us about Loth tracking us but she also redecorated a room with blood so she’s got her ups and downs” he admitted. “I was a little concerned about her meeting alexander” he admitted. “It’s not good for someone to know the secrets of kings and well, she can be a bit taxing so yeah, I figured Alexander might have her removed but he didn’t. Probably not wise for her to hang around him too much though, then again, I don’t know where she’s staying either”

Caleb wasn't pleased to leave Merlin alone. But Lance seemed to think she could take care of herself. Thus she decided to trust his decision. Yeah, She hoped Merlin would leave Agravain alone! She then looked towards Lance as he talked. Frowning as she listened. Blood? That was concerning! But judging by how calm Lance was, She assumed it was not human blood. If Merlin had killed someone then Lance probable would have brought it up! Caleb then pointed out. "Its sounds like she's been of good help to you then? " At the very least she hadn't hindered them. Just sort of annoyed them.

Caleb wasn't convinced Merlin knew any secrets, If she did, It surely was from some rational source. But the real question was if the King believed Merlin. Whatever the case, He must have decided her not a threat. Caleb wasn't sure if Lance held the same views. He seemed... Nervous about Merlin. But maybe that was just him not wanting her near his son? "Do you believe what she says? " Once more beginning to led the way threw the forest trail.

Caleb then confessed. "I can certainly see how she could make someone uncomfortable. " Some of the more superstitious knights probable had been terrified much of the journey! All likely a bit wary. Caleb then shook her head. "Besides that dog though? She looks harmless. A strong wind could probable beat her. " She mused. It was amazing she had survived as long as she had! But... Caleb supposed that kind of woman didn't need strength to defend herself. She used words and secrets to cut.

“I guess” he admitted. “But sometimes she’s too cryptic to be much help. Like she told us we were being followed but not by who” he explained. Merlin was very good at walking the line of annoying and helpful. Caleb seemed a bit dubious about Merlin’s knowledge and Lance could understand because he too had doubted her and he still didnt Think she was a witch, didn't believe in witches, but there was something going on with her, whether it was just because she was very observant or something he didn’t know. “I don’t like what she says but I do believe her” Lance grumbled.

”I don’t know how she knows what she does but she knew secrets about me, about Arthur and the other knights. Things she had no business knowing and that she certainly hadnt been told. It’s probably best not to annoy her if you have any secrets” he murmured. And yeah, Lance hadnt planned on keeping secrets but his relationship with Caroline was hardly something he could share. “I don’t think she’s harmless. When she’s annoyed she starts getting a bit loose with her lips” he murmured, she had certainly threatened him before with his secret and she’d snapped at the others.

”i can’t imagine you have that many secrets though” he said with an arched eyebrow, “nothing really for you to worry about now everyone knows you’re a woman” he pointed out. Maybe she had a few but he wouldn’t have thought anything would compare with her secret that had already been spilt. Maybe she kept things from Agravain though? Or maybe he was around too much for her to have any secrets. But Caleb was quite an upstanding person, seemed to like things straightforward, he couldn’t imagine she kept loads of secrets, then again, he wouldn’t have said that he did normally.

Caleb was a bit surprised to hear that Lance had secrets. Seemingly ones big enough that he firmly did not want revealed. A odd thought to Caleb, But Caleb couldn't find herself too worried. Lance might not share everything with her. But she trusted him. His next words were true enough. Caleb didn't have any more dark secrets to hide. Nothing that could really hurt her. Caleb thus shook her head. Telling Lance. "No, There isn't any secrets I have that could hurt me. I have concerns about things. But.. Nothing someone can hold against me. " She had fears over if this baby was Agravain's. But that was understandable.

Caleb then looked at Lance. "Shame, I liked being a little mysterious. " She joked. Hiding herself felt natural. She didn't like how things were now. But Caleb then found herself asking quietly. "You said she knows things about you, I... Don't expect you to tell me about that. " She started. Though curiousity was clear in her tone. She though placed her hand on her chest. Telling him. "But, If anything came out. I've got your back. " He'd been there for her. She'd be there for him. Well, Unless it turned out he'd burned down a orphanage or something. Then he'd be on his own. But besides that! She'd stand at his side!

Caleb then informed him. "Your family to me. I hope you know that. " He was like a brother to her. Though Agravain would probable be annoyed by that. Caleb then mused. "Not gonna name my kid after you or anything though. " He already had one child named after him! Besides, Caleb had a feeling the name had been decided. Both her and Agravain seemed to like the name Gwyn. But... That might be too sad a memory for the family. They had a while before they had to fully decide though.

Lance was glad to hear that she didn’t have to worry about Merlin revealing her secrets, she had enough to deal with already without watching her back for a crazy lady. She was curious about Lance’s own secrets though and he glanced at her out of the side of his eye. She’d stick by him? He wasn’t sure. Its not like he’d killed or even hurt anyone but he had committed quite a serious transgressions against both the kingdom and god. It could be worse, Arthur could be in the dark, he could have lured Caroline away from the kingdom and her duties but he hadn’t because this was his kingdom too.

He smiled gently at her. “Your family to me too” he agreed and yeah, he didn’t need another kid named after him, especially not Caleb’s because people would definitely talk more about their supposed relationship. “Thanks, I don’t like keeping secrets but I’m not sure it’s wise to wrap you up in this one” he admitted. “I…” he trailed off, it would be nice to talk to someone about it, but he couldn’t just blurt out that he was having an affair with the princess. Yet, Caroline had told both Arthur and Gaheris, which was two people too many but at least she had someone to talk about it with, Arthur would understand that she was pining and she didn’t have to hide around him.

”I’ve been seeing someone that I maybe shouldn’t have” he said, well, no maybe about it. “And I’d rather it not be known because my father would not react well nor would her family” okay, that was vague enough, made him seem like he was seeing someone maybe above his station or that didn’t get on with his father or didn’t like knights. He didn’t mention it being treason so that was good. “And that journey only made me ache for her more” which was true, seeing Caroline had reignited that flame, not that it had been dying but it burned so much brighter around her and it hurt to separate from her again, to have so little time together and know she’d be gone for a long time.

Lance wasn't sure he should involve someone in this. But to Caleb, It soon became obvious by his expression that he wanted to talk. Even if he wasn't ready to reveal everything. Her expression softened as he spoke. Lance was someone that always seemed to fall hard and fast in love. Seemed he'd fallen again. Lance's family was one of good standing. But there was plenty of reasons they might be barred from eachother. Still, Caleb thus after a moment started. "Oh Lance.... " Shaking her head. She then murmured. "She must be really out of your reach then? " Caleb didn't think Lance the type to walk away. Even if her family and his father disapproved. Not unless the girl wanted him to go. Or it was just impossible for him to be with her.

Caleb then sighed. Finally telling him. "Lance, You deserve happiness, And I know you. I know you probable love this girl dearly. But in the end, If this... You know its going to hurt more. " The longer he kept trying. The harder it would be. Caleb knew her words were probable not comforting. But it needed to be said. She cared for Lance and didn't want to see him heart broken. Except... Caleb wasn't sure that was something that could be avoided with him.

Caleb did not know how to help him though. How to cure heartache like that. Her only relationship had been with Agravain. So she then tried. "Listen, Maybe you should try seeing another girl. Like properly court someone? " Move on, Except. If Lance was committed to this girl he was seeing. She wasn't sure it would be that easy. And it wasn't like Lance hadn't courted someone before. Caleb then gently reached forward and nudged him, Teasing. "C'mon, Whats the worst that could happen? "

Caleb had a point, this relationship couldn't last forever so maybe he should save himself the pain and try to get over it sooner rather than later. But, he was one to fall badly, like with Elaine and he’d been lovesick for months and unlike with Elaine, he knew Caroline would come back, that they’d be reunited at some point. He didn’t know Caroline was pining for him but he could guess what with how happy she’d been to see him when they’d met in the snow. But, she was married, was to be queen, maybe it’d be kinder for both of them if they stopped pretending that they could be together. It was just going to end in heartbreak and possibly something more deadly.

The suggestion to see other girls was a bit alarming though, he wasn’t sure he was ready and he wasn’t sure how Caroline would take it. Maybe he should make the executive decision though, cut things off before they got worse. Caroline was married to Arthur, she should focus on her own life and Lance should get on with his. The worst that could happen? “I could fall in love with someone else I can’t be with, or I end up with another kid” he replied, not that he was against the notion of another kid but he didn’t think it’s what he should be aiming for. “It’s not that easy anyway” he admitted, “I can’t stop thinking about her, she was in my mind that whole trip and I know she thinks about me too. It’s not like we don’t want to be together, it’s just we can’t. I love her, I do, and she certainly likes me, I’m not sure she’s experience enough to know if she actually loves me but I don’t want to move on” that was the problem, he didn’t want to stop loving her, or to not see her even though he wouldn’t see her again for months, but he just felt so light when they were together, like he was looking at the whole world in her eyes and she filled him with a warmth he found hard to describe.

”but, maybe you’re right” he agreed. “I can’t have her, as much as I want her. Maybe if I start seeing someone else, it’ll get a little easier to stop thinking about her and maybe, eventually I will want to move on” Not that Lance wanted to lead a lady on but he might fall in love if he tried, he wouldn’t know unless he didn’t. Maybe whoever he dated next though should be warned they’re a rebound. “You don’t happen to know anyone?” He asked a little jokingly, it’s not like she hung out with a bunch of women, no, maybe he should visit the tavern for a few nights though, see if anyone piqued his interest or made him forget about Caroline for a fraction of a second.

(Caleb’s going to be so annoyed with him. I can see her saying to him “I told you to court someone, I didn’t mean Gavin” like, its just not a good choice although I’m not sure how much of his heart will be in it because obviously he’s still hurting from Caroline. He’ll find her attractive snd she makes his thoughts go all fuzzy and he’ll get swept up away in it I imagine but probably because he’s trying to bury his feelings for Caroline)

(Oh gosh, I think if Caleb finds out about him and Gavin. She's just gonna be like, "Ight, You can't be trusted to make decisions." and then go and try and find a girl to set him up with. Speaking of, I imagine Gavin and Lance's relationship will just sort of start with one kissing the other. Who do you think should initiate it? I could really see it going either way. )

Caleb raised her eyebrow at his words. She didn't think it would be too hard for him to find a girl he could be with. Just avoid women above his station or that were married. The other problem? "Lance, I think you can avoid having another kid relatively easily. " It wasn't as if he didn't know where they came from! But those really weren't the major problems. The problem was Lance was invested in this girl. Loved her. Wouldn't be able to easily walk away from it. Caleb then murmured gently. "Lance, If you can't do it for yourself. Then do it for this girl. If she loves you, The longer it goes on the harder it will be for her. " Besides, It seemed there relationship could get the two in trouble. He knew that, She knew it too surely.

It seems she was somewhat convincing him though. At the very least he'd think about her advice. A soft laugh came from her at his words. Amusement on her face. "Afraid not, But I'll happily be your wingman. " She mused. Though her presence probable wouldn't help him much. He was right, Caleb didn't exactly spend time with ladies. Didn't really even know where to try and search. The other knights would probable be more helpful over such.

Caleb then shook her head. Informing. "I'll be sure to inform you though if I see any single red heads around. " Yeah, Everyone sort of knew Lance's type. Her gaze then moved towards little Galahad. Noticing the boy had fallen asleep leaning against his father. A good thing, It ment he was atleast calm enough around Lance to do such. Or maybe he just was that sleepy? Last night had been hectic after all! Caleb then mused. "You could try with some of the servants? I've noticed a couple seem to adore little Galahad. Which certainly could be a good start. " Though a servant was probable below his rank. She wasn't sure Lance was someone that cared what sort of rank the girl he was courting held. He'd love them the same.

(Haha yeah, hes gonna get scolded by her. I feel like Gavin should initiate it because I can see Lance being freaked out at first, worried shes trying to trick him and also just so confused but when she doesn’t stab him or something he’ll start to initiate it sometimes too. But yeah, I think he’s going to come away from that first encounter really confused and just reeling, not sure what to think or do)

Lance didn’t want to let Caroline go, even if he knew he should, but he also didn’t want to hurt her and he knew that in the long run she would be hurt by their relationship. They’d had close calls as it was, and Lance couldn’t put his life on the line like that when he had his son to think about. He was the older of the two, Caroline was still young, Lance should be an adult and stop this relationship before anything worse happened. He was a knight, he should protect Caroline rather than endanger her. He should’ve stopped her, that first night when she’d kissed him, but he hadn’t, he’d known better but he hadn’t stopped himself.

He smiled gently, if a little sad at her words about redheads. Yeah, seemed he was partial to blondes too. Lance had his arm still wrapped around Galahad and he could feel his rhythmic breathing against his hand, the warmth of his little body against him. “Maybe” he agreed, he’d certainly dated servants before even if his status entitled him to pursue more noble women. Non-noble women were far more down to Earth though, often more fun and free, the problem with noble ladies was they could be rather uptight or spoilt which he had encountered with Caroline and her attitude towards slaves and her reliance on her father. Whoever he dated would need to get on with Galahad though, because his son wasn’t going anywhere. “I might need a little while before I’m ready though” he said, at least a few days, although weeks might be preferred, just some time to get used to the idea of seeing someone else. He felt guilty just thinking about it, of seeing someone else without Caroline knowing and when he still loved her.

”maybe I Should ask my father” he wondered, “he’s probably dying to set me up with someone and get me married off. You know, when we were travelling, before we settled here, he’d always try and introduce me to daughters of noblemen, hoping I’d hit it off with them I imagine” Antonio wanted Lance to marry and have a family, preferably with a woman of standing as well of course although he knew Lance didn’t care as much about that. “He tried to set me up with Galehaut’s sister actually, although I was too busy running off with Galehaut to spend much time with her” he chuckled.

(lmao, I think Gavin is gonna also be a bit of a confused mess after. Oh, If Agravain and Gaheris found out about the two's relationship I could see things not going well. Also poor Antonio. He's probable just gonna be praying that Lance doesn't have anymore kids out of wedlock! )

Caleb figured it would take Lance a least a bit before he began trying to court someone. So wasn't surprised by his words at all. Antonio might be a good person to ask. Likely had a few ideas and could make introductions. Oh, Seemed Antonio had tried a few times to set Lance up. Maybe Lance was lucky he was only introducing him to ladies! Many would have simply arranged a marriage. But Antonio didn't seem the type to do that. Caleb seemed a bit surprised by his words. Galehaut's sister? She knew the knight. Had not spent much time with him though and mused. "Oh, You and him are close? Aren't you? I imagine that could get very awkward. " Lance had a reputation after all!

Caleb's own father had never expected her to marry or anything. Of course, Her uncle had different feelings. But Caleb had never had family try and set her up. A few knights had attempted to introduce her to women before. But such were things she had to turn down. Caleb figured such with Galehauts sister must have occurred a while back ago. As she had never seen Galehaut around that much. Actually, That might simply be that there paths didn't cross much. Galehaut was older then her and a higher ranked knight. Caleb though mused. "Its hard for me to imagine you and Galehaut running off... I mean, You've settled down it seems. But you always seemed like a wildcard. And he's just so... Prim and proper. " Caleb had always deemed him a bit snooty!

Caleb then confessed. "But... I don't really know him. Honestly, You, And Agravain are the only more senior knights I know well. " Well, She knew Gawain as well, But had not spent much time with him. Her time had been spent mostly with knights like Noah and Christopher and other less known men. Christopher being one of the few she still regularly saw. Though she was fairly certain Agravain found the man annoying! But Agravain didn't like most people.

(Yeah, Agravain and Gaheris hate him enough as it is, this is just going to make things worse. Gaheris already thinks Lance is sleeping with everyone so this won’t help and he’s probably going to get some threats from them or get into some fights. Aww, Antonio’s prayers are not gonna be answered, Lance just can’t help but have kids)

”I don’t think it would’ve worked out with her anyway” Lance murmured. “Their family isn’t happy Galehaut became a knight, wouldn’t want their daughter to marry one as well. She’s married now, to a scholar or some such, Galehaut invited me to the wedding actually but I chose to decline” He didn’t really think Galehaut’s family was that fond of him since their meeting had led to Galehaut becoming a knight and moving to Alexander’s kingdom.

He smiled gently as she called Galehaut prim and proper. “He’s not that bad” he insisted. “In fact, he’d say I’m the uptight one sometimes, but yeah I was generally the more reckless one. But it was nice to have someone a bit more responsible, kept me from getting into more trouble. And it was fun to try and convince him to get up to no good” Sure, they'd argued when they’d met on the trip but Galehaut was his friend And one he’d been close to for a long time. “I’m not surprised you don’t know him very well though, he’s normally away on quests, he probably knows more languages than me and he’s from a noble family so he’s good at negotiations and things. Maybe when he comes back we can go out and grab a drink together, I promise he’s not that boring”

Huh, he guessed she didn’t quite move in the same circles as him. Lance was friends with a lot of questing knights, and the more senior ones. Gawain and Galehaut, Percival and even Bedivere were people he interacted with. And obviously he knew many of the king’s advisors through his father if not through other means. “Well, you could always tag along with me or get Agravain to introduce you to some, but ….a lot of them are away half of the time and admittedly might looks down on the some of the other knights. I wouldn’t worry about them too much really. Who have you been hanging out with whilst I’ve been away? I hope not just Agravain, spending that much time with one person might make you go mad.“

(Oh gosh, Could you imagine if, When Gavin tells him she forgives him. One of them proposes to the other. So they have a brief while where their engaged before the incident with Gaheris? I could imagine Agravain or Gaheris punching Lance! )

Lance seemed rather fond of Galehaut. She could very much imagine the two of them running off to get into trouble. Lance certainly leading the way. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't a little nervous at the idea of going to drink with him. Galehaut was a well known knight. Lance was too. But he was a bit less intimidating then the others. Often hung around the castle after all! Caleb then mused. "Yeah, I'd be down with that. It could be fun. " Lance seemed to admire Galehaut. So that did calm her nerves a bit.

Yeah, There was plenty of well known knights that it might do Caleb good in the future to get to know. Though they were around rarely. She was uncertain how often Agravain spent around such men. But she imagined he knew them, Probable joined them on quests from time to time. Thus it was likely she'd meet them eventually threw him. A soft laugh came from her at Lance's words. "Certainly not. Though... I haven't visited the castle in some time. " She didn't really want anyone to see her right now. But that wasn't to say she hadn't been hanging around some of the knights she was more friendly with.

Caleb then explained. "Mostly some of the younger knights. Christopher comes around a decent bit. But I'm fairly certain he's scared of Agravain. " The man practically started sweating whenever Agravain walked into the room. Caleb then told Lance. "But he's a good man. Or well, Seems to be trying his best to be. Got to admit though, I've watched him spar and he definitely needs more practice. So if you want to whip him into shape for me.... " Christopher wasn't really naturally talented with a blade. Sure, He was well enough trained. Was a knight. But Caleb had been keeping a eye on him and could very much tell he needed more experience.

(Hmm maybe, if not I could definitely see a confession of love which would cause such an outburst. No one would approve of them being engaged, although they’re both sort of single parents now so they have similar baggage)

Some of her stir-craziness might stem from the fact that she hadn’t left her home properly in some time, hadn’t gone to the castle and hung out with the other knights. Even if she could train and spar, it still might do her some good to be social with the others. On the bright side, it seemed she was getting visitors. Lance laughed slightly as she claimed Christopher was scared of Agravain. “Well, can you blame him? You married a hulk of a man, most people would be scared of him” and it’s not like Agravain was that much of a teddy bear underneath his stature. He was someone to be wary of and even feared sometimes.

Lance grinned at her. ” it would be my pleasure” he agreed. “I’ve done too much travelling, I could do with a bit of swordplay. I’m surprised Agravain hasnt shown him the error of his ways though, unless Christopher is too scared to fight him?” Agravain wasn’t gentle nor did he have much patience, he wouldn’t exactly help Christopher but he could at least reveal his weaknesses to him. “Maybe whilst I’m teaching Christopher, you can learn a few tips too” he mused and grinned at her teasingly. He knew she had talent, had seen it, but she could still use some work herself, there was always room for improvement and luckily Caleb would have access to some great teachers.

”Do you reckon he’ll visit soon? Or should I send for him perhaps?” That might make Christopher a bit nervous though, not that Lance was as scary as Agravain. “Hey” he complained, realising what she’d said. “Younger knights? I am not that old, and I’ll have you know you married one of the more ‘senior’ knights. You have some right cheek, I’m not even a decade older than you” he reminded her, although she was still quite a bit younger than him, he hadn’t even met Elaine yet at her age, not quite. “And if you really Do see me as that much of your elder then you should show me more respect” he insisted. “Kids these days, so rude” he complained with a shake of his head but he was grinning underneath it. Lance was in his prime though, the strength of his twenties and a bunch of experience under his belt, he could be a very good teacher for her.

(I really think it would be fun if it became a bit public while their together. That way everyone has a good chance to scold Lance about why he thought being with Gavin would EVER be a good idea. )

Most people were probable scared of Agravain. It didn't help that Caleb was fairly certain Agravain didn't like Christopher. But he also knew that Chris was her friend so she doubted he'd ever harm him. Maybe just... Spook him a little! Caleb then mused. "Oh, I'm sure Agravain would love to fight him. But, I don't let Agravain spar here at the house." If she was going to suffer, He could too! That didn't mean he could go to the castle to train though. Which Caleb then informed. "I'm fairly certain that Christopher avoids Agravain at the castle and such. " He interacted with Agravain as to hang out with Caleb. Other then that? There wasn't really any reason for there paths to cross.

Christopher would probable more enjoy Lance's company. Lance was easier to get along with and while Lance wouldn't go easy on him. It would be good for Christopher to train with such a experienced knight! Caleb then was grinning. "Oh, I plan to be watching and taking notes. Need to prepare for when I get to kick your *ss eventually!" She played. She then paused in thought. Christopher visited often enough. But where was the fun in waiting for him? Caleb then said. "I'm sure he'd show up eventually. But if you wanted, He'd probable get pretty spooked if someone came telling him you requested his presence. " Oh! They didn't need to go scaring Christopher. But it would be fun. Christopher probable hadn't interacted much with Lance. Would not know what to expect.

His next words had Caleb grinning at him. Placing her hand on her chest as she informed him. "Hey, Its not my fault your already going grey, Ya old man. " What? It was fun to tease him! Rolling her eyes a bit at his words. Before musing. "Of course I respect you grandpa! " She played. Slowing her horse down as they reached a small field. Soon musing. "C'mon, Lets take a break here. " It was a pretty day and while Galahad was still asleep. She imagined once he woke up he might like playing in the grass. Caleb then found herself confessing. "You know, Speaking of your old age. I'm... Surprised you haven't tried to mentor more people. " Sure, He'd been planning to mentor Gareth before things went wrong. But even before that he had yet to take a page or squire. Which seemed odd. He was a young knight with experience. Who didn't go questing to much. Got along well with people. Caleb figured he'd be actively training atleast one person.

(Yeah I can see that, people already think he flits from relationship to relationship and doesn’t really use his head to think so this’ll add to that. Do you think they should be the ones to go public with their relationship then or someone walks in on them and spreads it. If we go with someone walking in on them then it could see Agravain hunting Lance down or something. Like it’s one thing for Lance to date Gavin, it’s another to be sneaking around about it. Once they do become public though, I can imagine there might be quite a bit of PDA)

It was quite amusing that Caleb had Agravain somewhat on a leash, he didn’t think anyone saw that coming. It might do Agravain some good to spar, work out that aggression, but she only said at the house so maybe he did spar at the castle. He frowned slightly as she claimed Christopher avoided him, huh, Agravain surely wasn’t that scary in passing. Hadn’t Caleb said she used to avoid Agravain when he was around the castle because he made her blush? Interesting. Maybe Lance should send for him then and they could give Caleb a bit of a show.

Why did everyone insist he was old and going grey? His hair was luxurious! He was still young, even if a bit worn out, Caleb would be lucky to look as good as he did at his age! He frowned at the suggestion, slipping off his horse and reaching up to gently take Galahad and cradle him. The sun was probably helping him sleep and it was a nice day to be out with his son. “Mentoring someone means being tied down” he reasoned. “And I dunno, I guess for a long time I’ve not been used to staying in the same place for a long time. And then I wasn’t sure I was responsible enough, I mean I have Galahad now so I have to be but I’m not as serious as some others. I had an unconventional training as well, on the go for most of it, I’m not sure I’d know how to train someone normally” he shrugged.

“it’s not like I needed the money either but maybe one day. Maybe it’ll be Galahad I train. Although he doesn’t seem to like swords very much” not last he noticed, Galahad had become quite upset when around all the knights. “What about you? Or Agravain? He’s old enough to train someone, and now Gareth isn’t going to become a knight. You could train someone one day too, maybe even another lady?” He mused. “You can’t be the only one who wanted to become a knight.”

(Someone walking in on them and spreading the news could be really fun! Especially after the incident with the first person. Them being like, 'Welp, Everyone knows now.' So less concerned about locking the door. Then Agravain not really believing it. Going to confront Lance, And just walks in to the scene of Lance and Gavin being all romantic with eachother.
I think Lance would probable love to be publicly romantic with her. After hiding with Caroline and sneaking around with Gavin. He'd probable like being so open. I imagine Gavin's not really used to that so would probable get all flustered and shy. )

Caleb was soon enough climbing off her horse as to join Lance. Galahad only stirring slightly when he was moved. But soon going back to sleep. When he finally woke up. He'd probable enjoy the field! She could see plenty of flowers he could play with. Her attention was mostly on Lance. Listening to him talk. From the sounds of it, He'd likely wait a decent while longer before taking a apprentice. Galahad was a good option. But... Caleb was uncertain if he'd be capable of becoming a knight. But that wasn't too big of a worry. As long as he was happy then it didn't matter. The question was soon being directed at her.

"Well, I always imagined oneday I'd take on a squire. " She confessed. It was a nice thought. But she soon enough shook her head. Telling Lance. "But... I want to go on a few quests on my own before that. " Get experience and set a good name for herself. That wasn't to say she wouldn't train others in that time. She'd spent time helping with squires. As for Agravain? She then mused. "I could imagine Agravain taking a apprentice. But... Things have been busy lately. Perhaps once things have settled down I'll ask him about it. " She could help him out!

The last question had her really thinking. She was certain some girls would love to be knights. But she wasn't certain how well that would be received. Yet... Caleb then told Lance. "I... If this baby is a girl I sort of imagined having her trained. Only if she wanted that future after all. " She'd never want to force or pressure them into following her footsteps. But... It was a nice idea to her. Still, Her child wasn't the only option and Caleb would prefer if her child became a knight. She wouldn't be the only one. So she then said. "But, I've been kind of thinking about that. Possible seeing if one of the more famous knights might take up a girl as there apprentice. I... I think it would set a good example that way. " She didn't think Lance and Agravain would be the best option. Too many rumors of her sleeping her way to power and people might not take them seriously. Gawain might be a good choice? But Caleb figured someone more distanced to the situation good be a better option. Except. Caleb didn't really have a good connection with those men. Didn't know them personally and it was likely they would not be keen on the matter. But Lance did know them. So she then asked. "You know a lot of them, I don't suppose you have any recommendations? "

(Aww I think they might be really cute together, I can see Lance getting her flustered and teasing her gently but also reassuring her. I also imagine if he finds out about how Loth snd friends treated her, he’ll be furious and try and confront those still in Alexander’s court. Like I’m not sure she’d just spill that info but maybe he tries to find a girl a mentor snd come up with a senior knight snd it’s one who assaulted her snd she has to warn him so the girl doesn’t get hurt maybe.

Oooh I’m so excited for them to be a thing. Lance is going to have to suggest she doesn’t cook for their dated though just in case she gives him some human. And her daughter and Galahad can play together, they’ll be very cute.)

It would be best to have experience before becoming a teacher but he thought that in time Caleb would make a good mentor, she wasn’t too uptight but she was also responsible. She was king and upstanding and noble, all good things to pass onto a squire. Agravain on the other hand? He had experience and talent and technique but he was hardly nurturing, whoever was his squire might have a hard time. Maybe they could combine forces to train someone? Much like their child, but if not them then someone else, they helped balance each other out.

Caleb had a good idea actually, having a high up knight take a girl squire would normalise them idea and even perhaps popularise it. The problem was, not many families would pay to have their daughter trained, still, surely there’d be someone? He mulled on the thought, who would be a good fit? He might’ve suggested his own father but he knew that Antonio had retired from mentoring squires, was happy just instructing the older knights. “What about Bedivere? He’s very no-nonsense, people would take his decision seriously if he mentored a lady” Might not be the most welcoming mentor though, he was hardly chatty. ”or hector? Lamorak?” He suggested. “Percival when he comes back I guess“ He’d have to talk to them, test the waters, maybe he could get his father to have a look out too, suggest it to a few knights who were looking for squires.

”it’s hard to say” he murmured. “We don’t even know if anyone would actually come forward and say and well…accepting you is one thing, they saw you beat people before they knew you were a woman, and even then they found it difficult to accept, a whole new lady coming in would find it tough, the other knights probably won’t be welcoming so whoever does want to become a knight, might need extra support to stop them from quitting. And well, if a lady quits then that’s just going to make it seem like the knights were right about women being fighters” he pointed out. “I mean, I think we need to be careful about who is picked as a squire because they need to be strong or this won’t last very long” Lance picked a nice spot and sat down, arranging Galahad on his lap so they could soak up the sun. “I know women fighters, but you’re the only lady knight I know, it’d just not a very welcoming culture to women”

(Thats a good idea! I imagine she'd try to avoid directly telling him what happened. But like, Maybe she seems obviously scared of the guy? So she finally confesses everything to him privately. I can picture her begging him not to do anything. Because she doesn't want to risk them revealing her daughters parentage. But like, He's not gonna be happy.
I'm excited too, I kinda want to go ahead and timeskip to Lance returning to the castle so we can play out the kiss. If your okay with that.
Oh, Its going to be so sad when they separate too because of Galahad and her daughter. Like, I imagine the two kids might get really close. Since Galahad hasn't really had any friends close in his age. And when Lance and her go public. Lance might try and take a more fatherly role with her daughter. So when they separate its even more sad. )

Lance seemed to have some ideas where to look, Agravain could also be of help. She knew Bedivere was currently at the castle. But Caleb had always found him a bit aloof. But, He was also a very smart man and if willing could be a good choice. The problem was. Caleb wasn't sure how easy it would be to find someone willing. Many might not be too keen on teaching a girl to fight. Still, Caleb was confident they could find someone! The bigger problem was finding a girl to train. Maybe one of the knights had a daughter that was interested? Except many might find such things a embarrassment and forbid there child from training. Even if they found a girl that would work. Her family might not agree!

So, Caleb then suggested. "It... Might make things harder for whatever girl we pick. But we might have better luck finding someone in a lower class family. " It wasn't unheard of someone from a lower class rising to greatness. Loth for example, Sure, He was a horrid man. But from Caleb's understanding he'd come from nothing. A lower class family might jump at the rise in status having a daughter as a knight would bring. The girl also might be a bit more... Gritty then some of the more posh nobles.

Caleb then shook her head. Telling Lance. "They'd have more to gain from being a knight. Someone thats too high up would lose more. " Still, Such was only ideas. Caleb did not know many women. Would not know where to search. So for now, All they could do is keep there eyes open and ask around. They'd find someone. That Caleb was sure of.

(Im happy to timeskip. I'll start.
Oh poor Galahad and her daughter getting caught up in it. They could always meet up and hang out when they're older but I can see how Gavin and her family might turn her against Lance and his family. It's gonna be so sad because it's not like Lance wants to kill Gaheris, he's just trying to protect Gareth. Do you think Lance will tell Gavin about Gaheris abusing Gareth? Because he'll tell Agravain who won't believe him but if he's dating Gavin you might think she'd believe him, unless her family is just a touchy subject around him and she's not sure whether to trust him? It just feels like something he should tell her especially since Agravain won't do anything about it)

Lance returned the castle sometime in the afternoon, stabling his horse and carrying Galahad in his arms. He knew separating the boy from Antonio and Elaine would be difficult and not something he truly wanted so he planned on making sure Galahad got the chance to visit regularly. He didn't plan on leaving Galahad alone in the house with Agravain or Gaheris about just in case but he was happy to let his family babysit Galahad whilst he did a few duties. So, Lance left Galahad with Antonio, also dropping off his report for the trip and going to see if the king or his advisors had anything they wanted to discuss with him. He figured maybe some of them wanted to know about Loth's attack on them or who Merlin was, maybe even to inquire about the royal couple and how they'd been.

Lance stepped into the throne room to find it unusually empty, he guessed everyone was busy or perhaps outside enjoying the day and instructing the knights training. He hadn't actually gone to see any of the knights since his return, perhaps he should although he wondered if Agravain had turned anyone against him. Lance looked at the thrones, and it felt so foreign that one day they would belong to Caroline and Arthur. Of course everyone knew that but the idea of Arthur as king felt so far away especially since he was used to Alexander sitting there. He definitely felt the prince had more to learn from his father. And Caroline? He'd had an affair with a future queen. Caleb was right, he needed to move onto less deadly pastures. As much as he loved and adored Caroline, their relationship was doomed, she had a whole kingdom to think about anyway, she didn't need to be worrying about getting caught with him. They had enough trouble in their marriage already what with Arthur's proclivities and Morgan's baby. Lance would try his best to move on, maybe it would help that Caroline was so far away and he had no choice but to go cold turkey!

( I imagine he probable would tell her, He cares about Gareth and would want to try and get someone to listen. Gavin would probable snap at him over the accusation. But... I think depending on how far into the relationship they are. She'd also tell him she'd look into it. Try and find evidence of it herself. )

Gavin was someone who... Well, She could be very twisted at times. Antonio could probable attest to that. But she was smart. Attempted to do good. Even if that led to bloody outcomes. She was also Alexanders niece and one could tell he had a slight softspot for her. So Gavin was walking the castle unattended. It wasn't as if Gavin was going to run. She had never attempted to escape and had no plans of starting now. Not to mention she was useful.
In her hands Gavin held some papers. Some notes as well that she wished to discuss with the king. So she had been seeking out Alexander and her first stop had been the throne room. Pushing open the door. Her mind at first hadn't registered Lance. Too busy focused on what she was reading as she walked.

But then she looked up. For the briefest of moments her eyes widened. And maybe she took a small step back. Because Lance was here, But he was also alone. That... Was a dangerous combo she was sure. But she didn't like to show fear. Besides, If anything happened, Lance would surely face punishment. So she held her head up high and continued her path. Walking past Lance and moving towards a small table as to place her papers now.

Oh, She was going to make him suffer one day. But right now her hands were tied. Thus words were her only weapon and she planned to use them. Finally looking back at Lance briefly. Her tone innocent. As if nothing was wrong. "So, Hows Antonio doing? " Sure, She felt bad about kidnapping Antonio. Would never try to harm him again. But she was still able to use him to dig at Lance.

(Yeah, although he might kill Gaheris before she gets any evidence and if obviously doesn’t excuse Gaheris’ death)

Lance turned as the door opened, expecting the king or one of his advisors but no, it seemed he was unlucky for it was Gavin. She was worried about being alone with him? Lance was more concerned about being alone with her, he didn’t know what she might do, just That she wanted to hurt him. And now there were no witnesses! He didn’t think she could overpower him but she could stab him or something, he hardly knew what she was planning. She didn’t go to attack him though, but she was trying to get under his skin.

He didn’t narrow his eyes, instead he kept his face carefully neutral. “Perfectly fine“ he insisted. Lance didn’t take his eyes off her, but he tried to remain calm, he wasn’t going to be on the defensive the whole time though. “My father didn’t tell me too much about his imprisonment by you but he did tell me that you remind him a lot of your mother” he mused, he was aware the siblings didn’t like Morgan, and clearly she was a manipulative toxic person so yeah, the comparison probably wouldn’t be welcome.

”I can see it actually” he agreed. ”I mean, who kidnaps an old man who is looking after a child than has no one else to rely on? Only sadistic psychos. I guess you might have inherited that from your father though” She really did seem like a right piece of work and Lance hardly saw the good she tried to do. “But no, Loth just seemed angry, you? You’re like poison, Alexander should never have let you into his court” She was going to be a problem, cause problems, like Morgan had and probably would continue to do. he definitely thought it was like mother like daughter.

Gavin had sort of been expecting to be compared to her mother. Though she couldn't say she was pleased with the comparison. Both were manipulative people. But... Gavin would argue that she was far cleverer then her mother. Besides, All Morgan did was try and hurt people. That wasn't the case for Gavin. She did muse. "Aw, Had he not enjoyed his chess games with me? " She'd need to ask the man for a rematch eventually. Being compared to Loth though was what seemed to touch a nerve for Gavin. Causing her to growl. "Don't compare me to that b*stard. " Finally turning to face him. Her eyes lazily looking him over as she looked at him.

"What about you? I can't believe you were ever allowed to become a knight. " She was walking forward. Something that could get dangerous. Standing in front of Lance. Starting. "My brother can't even walk because of you. But thats not the only example of your incompetence. Did you not abandon that little girlfriend of yours? F*cked her and then left her with a kid. " She knew she should have kept her cool. She was above him after all. But just looking at him? Listening to him talk? She was mad. He'd hurt her family. Who else would he hurt?

Agravain was no help, Gawain was far away, And Gaheris? He was too young to be dealing with this. So that ment she was the one that needed to deal with him. She had to avenge her family. Yet she was limited on what she could do. It was frustrating. She hated him. Wanted him to suffer. But right now. All she could do was raise her voice at him and hope it would make her feel a little better. She then growled. "I'll admit, I should not have taken Antonio. No, I should have waited to capture you. Let you live in a cell eating out a dog bowl for the rest of your days. "

Gavin may be smart but apparently she wasn’t modest. Lance narrowed his eyes as she shot back but he seemed pleased as it appeared he touched a nerve when mentioning Loth. Daddy issues much? She seemed to have some of the anger and pride that Loth had possessed, maybe she should look at herself in a mirror before denying her similarities to the man. She was getting closer to Lance, crowding him a little as she insisted he shouldn’t be a knight. And what did she know? She’d never been in the field with him, and her brother had used to trust him with his life; he was one of the best knights of the kingdom!

It was one thing talking about Gareth, it was another to bring Galahad and Elaine into this. Lance closed what little gap remained between them, eyes narrowed and angry as she dared slander him like that. ”Don’t talk about them” he hissed, gesturing angrily. He beat himself up enough about not being there for Elaine, he didn’t need others saying the same thing.”I never would have left her if I’d known” He insisted, he was not someone trying to cause all this hurt.

Whilst it appeared that Gavin wasn’t modest, Lance wasn’t either. He was confident in his abilities and everyone knew he was a bit of a show off, so he leaned in close, lowering his voice: “you couldn’t catch me if you tried“ She was just one woman, sure she’d captured his father but well, he was no longer in his prime and he’d been caught by surprise. “I am not your prey” he insisted. “Instead it is you who should watch their back” he reached a hand out to push her back gently to emphasise his point, not any major force behind it just a light shove to her shoulder to show she should back off. “I’m sure if Malia heard that you were a threat to Galahad’s safety then she’d have Alexander lock you up tighter, maybe even throw away the key. I hear she doesn’t like you already, it’s not wise to make enemies with a queen” He’d not been back long but he’d already heard the rumours about Gavin being close to the king and Malia not reacting well, he couldn’t say he was surprised, Malia must hate Morgan and Gavin was only an extension of her.

Lance was closer to Gavin now, And it was a uncomfortable feeling. Being this near a knight like him. Her hand flexed uncomfortably. He was angry now, And Gavin was pleased by such. Wouldn't have left Elaine? That made Gavin scoff a bit. But then he was leaning in closer. Oh, He was cocky. But he was not the first man Gavin had hunted. She'd rip him apart. Gavin wasn't expecting the shove though. It wasn't harsh. But it did make her have to take a step back. His threats continued. But Gavin didn't take them very seriously. Malia already hated it, But if she was going to do something, She'd have done it already. Lance might try to convince her, But Gavin wasn't sure if he was smart enough to pull that off.

Gavin was stepping forward. Regaining the distance that had been lost. Her voice soft. "Oh sweetheart, Aren't knights supposed to fight their own battles? Running off to the queen for help? " She mocked. No, He wasn't a knight. Knights were supposed to be noble. To help people. She figured she was more of a knight then him. Though perhaps her words were a bit hypocritical. She had help capturing others after all. She then suddenly reached up. Aiming to grab the collar of his shirt and pull him down closer. He was taller then her by a bit. Something she didn't like. He didn't deserve to have her look up at him.

Gavin then grinned at him. Informing Lance. "Your right, You're not my prey. I think being food for maggots is a more worthy fate for you. " She was staring at him now. It was frustrating. Gavin then was growling. "Everything I do to you. You deserve. Do you even care? Gareth adored you. Still does for whatever reason. And you let him... " She was furious. But she was also upset. Emotional. Gripping Lance's shirt tighter. She then snarled. "We're losing everyone. I'm losing everyone. And your behind what happened to Gareth. I'll never give you peace. I promise you that. " She hated him. Wanted him to bleed and suffer. Being near him did not feel any better. But being this aggressive with him? That was thrilling. It gave her a small feeling of control. Lance was a center point for all her anger. Something she could focus her emotions on. Something all the family could hate. Perhaps they needed him for that. To give them a distraction from there grief. But Gavin's feelings were harsh and strange and confusing.
Gavin couldn't say she knew the reason as to why she did what she did next. Maybe just all the intense emotions? But her lips were suddenly against his. Angry and frustrated and desperate.

Gavin wanted him to fight his own battles, as knights did, but he could hardly fight her a knight, she had no training, they couldn’t engage in physical combat! besides, knights fought for their kingdom, not for themselves do arguably they didn’t fight their own battles, they fought someone else’s. Besides, Alexander was clearly soft on her and the only thing that might change his mind would be an angry wife. He was a king but no one wanted a hormonal, furious wife hounding them. Malia was a reasonable route to go, unless Gavin figured he’d poison her or something? No, he wasn’t a horrible person like that.

He was yanked down to her level and he glared at her as she lectured him. How many times was he going to have to explain that he hadn’t purposely done this to Gareth, that he adored Gareth too and thanked him for what he done. At least Gavin seemed to realise that Gareth still liked him. A glimpse at how broken she was peaked through as she talked about losing everyone and Lance frowned for a second. He knew all this hatred was coming from a place of pain but to see the cracks up close was a bit different. He was opening his mouth to reason that Gareth had been a hero, hands going to her wrists to removed her from his collar, when her lips crashed against his and he froze.

Lance‘s brain stopped working for a solid five seconds before he realised what was actually going on. And once his mind had started again, he braced himself for the feel of cold steel through his ribs, of a searing pain in his side or the sharp press of a blade against his neck because surely she was going to stab him right? Threaten him, hurt him, this was a distraction technique! But no, the blow didn’t come and that was even more confusing. Maybe Lance had been hanging out with the wrong people for him to think he was about to get stabbed but what other reason would this be happening? It was clear that Gavin was not intending anything else though and Lance couldn’t help but sink into the kiss. Maybe it was the high emotions or the fact that he was feeling touch starved, but one hand squeezed her wrist whilst the other moved down her body to her side and he kissed her back. Well, he had said he’d try to move on from Caroline, this maybe wasn’t the wisest decision though. Lance could feel her frustration in the kiss and she was hardly the first woman he’d kissed that he’d been arguing with but Gavin hated his guts so it was certainly a new experience. Still, something about the passion in her movement, the energy in her, had him kissing back just as ferociously, as if he was running out of oxygen and she was a breath of fresh air. This certainly hadn’t been how he thought this day might go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back