• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

Caroline could not imagine anyone in the kingdom being pleased being joined with Arthur's. They considered Arthur's people barbaric afterall! And well, Caroline wasn't sure Arthur's kingdom would even want to deal with the hassle of trying to maintain control over the place. But that didn't mean the in fighting wouldn't be terrible. The cities were already divided enough as it was. Caroline feared how long a civil war might last. Arthur seemed willing to try and convince Silas to take charge. Though Caroline was unsure how easy it would be to knock any sense into the man. Silas had always been rather... Insistent over his distaste for the throne. He wouldn't easily be convinced.

Meanwhile Isabel's expression remained uncertain. She clearly did not have high hopes. But Sofia? Well, She was far more excitable. Grinning wildly. " Honestly? I can't wait for Silas to be king. Can you imagine how much more fun things will get around here? " Silas knew how to have fun. And Sofia was soon confessing. "No offense Caroline. But your dad kinda sucks. " Sure, He was a alright king. But Sofia was not a fan of him. Still, Those words were extremely dangerous and both Caroline and Isabel were quick to shush her. Yeah, It was probable a good thing Sofia wasn't going to the party tonight. The girl had no filter. Caroline then decided to quickly change the subject. "Enough of this talk. Lets... Do you both know when the other girls will be coming? " Caroline had a few friends after all.

Sofia was shrugging in reply. While Isabel explained. "Not until later in the day. For now its just us. " It would be atleast a few hours before any appeared. Shame, But Caroline was glad to have atleast a few friends. Speaking of. Sofia was grinning. "Excited to show off your new man? " She teased playfully. Turning her attention to Arthur. "Maybe you can put on a show for all of us? I've never seen knights spar before. I've always wanted to see knights in action. "

It was a good thing Arthur had plenty of time to convince Silas then, since his reluctance was well known. Maybe the support of another prince was what he’d needed all these years? No, Arthur probably had his work cut out for him. Still, maybe he could frame the role of king as spiting Rayner in some way since he seemed keen to replace Silas. Sofia seemed to be supporting Silas for the wrong reasons though and Arthur had to stop himself from looking at her funny. King’s weren’t meant to be fun, they were meant to be responsible and smart and brave. He didn’t think a party king was what this kingdom needed, maybe a little fun wouldn’t hurt but he did have a terrible vision of all nighters in the castle.

Oh, Sofia was back to more casual things. Did Caroline want to show him off? He couldn’t imagine she was that proud of him, he hadn’t done good by her yet. He could spar though, that sounded doable. “If that’s what you ladies would like then I’m happy to show you” he agreed, although who was he supposed to spar? Vere perhaps, except he didn’t really seem to know that much. Maybe he could find Percival, the ladies might enjoy having someone to ogle, or Gawain but he was probably busy with Theo. Arthur and Galehaut didn’t really get on so that was probably a no go.

”we have some of the finest knights so i should imagine it should be a good show” Arthur smiled at Sofia. “I’m still learning my way around though so I don’t know the best place to go for a spar” he admitted, surely she didn’t think they should do so inside? Although outside was freezing, and he didn't have much experience in snow so this might be interesting. “I have just the knight in mind though” Arthur insisted. “I don’t know if you’ve heard of Percival but he’s a good guy, single too in case you were wondering” Arthur murmured, although maybe Sofia had her eyes set a bit closer to home. Still, they could probably be friends, maybe, Percival might find Sofia’s tongue a bit loose but Ruth’s had been too and they’d gotten along.

Both Sofia and Isabel seemed excited at the mention of sparring. Even Vere was looking interested. Where to spar though? Sofia was quick to suggest. "The courtyard would be a good spot! " But none of the knights were probable eager to brace the cold. Sofia and Isabel were far more used to the weather. Caroline though knew the group better and while they didn't have anywhere indoors really set up for sparring. So she spoke up. "As nice as the snow probable is, I'd rather stay where its warm. Do you think you'd be able to spar in the ball room? " Her eyes on Arthur. She wasn't completely sure if a ball room would work. But it had plenty of space and nothing to trip over. Surely it could work?

Ah, Percival. The girls would probable adore him. Sofia didn't seem to expect Arthur's suggestion and soon found her cheeks heating up. Seemed she was capable of being flustered! But she shook her head. "I think I'd prefer to simply admire for now. " Besides, She had interests elsewhere. Though that wasn't something she decided to mention. Isabel was then speaking up. "I think I've heard of Percival. Isn't he a prince or something?" She wasn't completely sure. The knights were something she admired, But she couldn't say she knew much about specific knights.

---

Meanwhile, Arthur wasn't the only one with thoughts of sparring. Caleb still very much daydreamed much about getting back into action. Except it would be months before she'd be able to pick up a sword again. A annoying fact. Frankly Caleb was very much tired of this pregnancy. Actually, She was tired in general. Last night, Sleep had been very difficult. She'd probable kept Agravain up half the night with her rolling around being unable to get comfortable. Didn't help that at some point she'd fallen off the bed. Luckily she'd fallen onto her side. But her arm had taken the brunt of the fall and was rather sore. She'd also earned a bit of a bruise on her arm from the fall!

So Caleb probable did not look in the best state. Still, That didn't stop her from heading towards Lance's room. She'd very much realized he probable wanted to sleep in. So she had bided her time and waited until later in the morning to disturb him. He could sleep more later! Caleb hadn't seen him in a long time and was very much planning to drag him off to do something, Anything! She couldn't really spar. But surely she'd be able to convince him to go riding or something. Sure, She could spend time with Agravain. But as much as she loved him. A few hours away from him would be nice. Thus. Caleb was soon at Lance's door and knocking.

Arthur didn’t enjoy the cold but he was willing to brace it for a bit of physical action, Caroline was far more practical though and certainly had gotten to know her travelling companions. Arthur frowned slightly at the idea of sparring indoors but a ballroom probably wasn’t too bad, it’s be a big space and it’s not like him and Percival would wreck the place. “That might work” he agreed, would certainly be warmer which he would appreciate. As long as Rayner didn't come in and complain.

Arthur wasn’t as teasing as some others But he did smile as Sofia blushed. Well, he was pleased to see she had some humility. He nodded at Isabel though. “Yeah, the youngest son” he told them. “He doesn’t talk about it too much though, he’s not been back home in years“ not that Arthur knew of though he could imagine maybe he received letters. Percival went on quests though, was exploring the world and helping people. “he’s one of our best knights” Arthur added. “I actually haven’t sparred with him for ages so it might not be much of a battle, he’s got far more experience” Arthur stood up as he talked, he imagined Percival would be in around the same place he’d found Vere, hopefully he’d be up to the challenge rather than busy organising the men or just getting some rest.

Agravain had noticed her tossing and turning but had wisely kept his mouth shut, they’d clashed enough recently over Lance, they didn’t need arguments about her fidgeting and besides, her pregnancy was probably the cause of her discomfort and Agravain was very much for this pregnancy so he was going to roll with whatever it caused. Agravain could be a heavy sleeper when he wanted to though so he’d slept quite well into the morning once he’d actually fallen asleep. And once he’d woken, he’d set off to check on Gareth and Gaheris and do his routinely check of his armour and weapons. Gaheris was getting knighted today so that might surprise Agravain but he might want to be there to see it.

Lance had enjoyed the luxury of a bed and the comfort of having his son nearby, but his sleep hadn’t been entirely peaceful. He worried about Galahad, and his father and Elaine, he fretted about Ruth although his mind was more at ease there, and he was still angry at Gavin for kidnapping his father. Not to mention that when he tended to get a good night’s sleep, bad things happened, like Caroline’s lady getting killed, Caroline telling Gareth about their affair, Loth burning down that town and trying to kill Arthur. So yeah, maybe he was a little hesitant to completely relax. The knock was going to come eventually, he just didn’t want Agravain to be standing on the other side. He didn’t need to argue with the other man, although he would stand his ground should Agravain threaten him.

Thankfully it was Caleb though, who Lance smiled at, a little tiredly. He normally carried Galahad about everywhere, but maybe it’d be good for the little boy to stretch his own legs and he was probably still confused about who Lance was, so he left some pencils and paper out for him, willing to let him do something fun like draw, he didn’t want to upset Galahad by doing too much too quick. ”missing me again already?” Lance teased as he leaned against the doorframe, one arm resting above him on the door jamb, posture relaxed despite his underlying worry and lack of rest. It was just good to be back home and with his son. “Let me guess, you want to go get into some trouble?” He mused. It had been a while since they’d hung out but he knew she liked to be on her feet doing things, not just stuck around the house. “I’m not fighting you” Lance told her with a brief Glance towards her swollen stomach. “i‘m sure you can still handle yourself but Agravain wants to kill me enough as it is. Besides, I wouldn’t want to embarrass you, I’m not as easy to beat as your husband“ ah yes, back home a day and already he was getting a littler more swagger in him. To be fair, Lance was an exceptional knight, one especially skilled in swordplay.
(I think I might go for Sierra and Nevada for the kittens because they go Together. And it’s like a double meaning. It means snowy mountain basically, and they’re snowy looking but one had more jaggedy fur and Sierra also mean like saw Or jagged. Plus, the Sierra Nevada mountains are in california which is where the ragdoll breed was created. Not 100% but I think that might Be their names)

(Those are really pretty names! I especially like the name Nevada! )

Caleb couldn't help her delight when Lance finally opened the door. A amused grin showing on her face at his words. And well... He wasn't entirely wrong. Lance had been gone for a long time. She'd missed him very much. And oh, He was very accurate about getting into trouble. Musing. "Me? Get into trouble. I'd never!" She teased playfully. Aw, No fighting? But Caleb had expected that. Besides, She wasn't too keen on seeing Agravain strangle Lance. She then saw his eyes move and Caleb had to keep herself from shifting. Her pregnancy was rather obvious, Caleb knew that very well. But it was still something that made her uncomfortable. But she didn't linger on it.

Raising her eyebrow, Caleb then laughed. "Oh? Sounds to me like your scared. Don't worry, As soon as this all is over, I do plan to kick your *ss. " Though Caleb had a feeling she would not be able to best Lance right away. She imagined she'd be out of practice by then. But that didn't mean she'd be a easy fight! Caleb then shook her head and complained. "I just need to get out of the house, And talk to someone other then Agravain and my father, Else I think I might go stir crazy. " Sure she could go to the castle. But she wasn't sure how much she wanted to see the other knights currently. Somewhat wanted to wait until after the baby was born.

Caleb then was continuing. "Besides, Your going to have to tell me all about your journey. We can go riding. " Her gaze then flickered into the room. Little Galahad was awake. Though the boy looked very much like he might fall back asleep any moment. Sitting drawing pictures. Caleb then suggested. "Galahad might also like being with the horses. " Though the boy hadn't been too happy riding with Lance last night. But that was simply do to him not wanting to leave his mother and grandpa. He recognized Caleb so he might be a bit calmer with her tagging along.

( :) )
Lance was doing his best not to focus on her pregnancy too much, he could see how it made her uncomfrtoable, but it was rather pressing so it couldn’t exactly be ignored. Lance was grinding at her bravado. He had missed this, the easy talking when he didn’t have to worry about keeping people from dying, didn't have to babysit the irresponsible royals. And he could imagine that Caleb had had her own few months of turmoil. Having Agravain hovering by her for so long was probably stressful and her father as well? Lance hadn’t met the man but he couldn’t imagine it was easy for her.

Lance glanced back at his son as Caleb mentioned him. Yeah, maybe it would be good to do an activity that Galahad liked so they could grow closer. “Yeah, we can go riding” he agreed. Maybe they should ask Ruth along with them? Although she shouldn’t get any trouble from Gaheris, he’d be at the castle for most of the day, still, she might like to come. But, it might be nice just him and Caleb, catching up, just the comradery of knights. ”maybe we should bring a picnic?” He suggested, they could spend most of the day outside, and Galahad might enjoy such a treat.

”I’m not sure you want to hear about my journey, the whole way there was tense with Gawain hating me and not trusting Silas and the way back was even worse with a woman the men thought was a witch and Arthur almost getting himself killed. I’m glad to be back and i Feel I deserve a raise from all that nonsense” Lance muttered, moving over to Galahad to pick him up so they could go riding. ”I’m not cut out for that sort of stress, I much prefer to live a life of luxury and get my beauty sleep” he joked. “What about you? Are you happy your dad’s here? What’s he think of Agravain?” He could imagine his own father would be upset if he’d gotten married and not invited him and well, Agravain wasn’t the most likeable guy so maybe her father was feeling a bit put out.

Caleb couldn't help but feel some relief at Lance's agreement. Good, Catching up would be nice. A picnic? Caleb couldn't help the amusement on her face. For some reason she couldn't help but imagine Lance was the type to often go on picnics. Though she imagined it was mostly with girls he was courting. He was a romantic after all! Still, Caleb thought it would be nice as well. Being outside away from home. So she was soon nodding. Then Lance kept talking. Gawain hated Lance? Yeah, Caleb wasn't surprised. Most of the family hated Lance afterall. The only one of the siblings that cared about Lance was Gareth it seemed.

A witch? Okay, That was more interesting. Though Caleb hardly believed in witches and magic. Oh, And prince Arthur nearly getting killed. Caleb had a feeing Lance could use someone to rant to! Thus she mused. "I'll agree you aren't made for stress. You look about ten years older! I swear you've far more grey hairs then when I last saw you. " She teased. Though... It was a little true. He looked tired. Hopefully enough sleep would fix him up! Her gaze then flickered towards little Galahad. The boy whining in slight complaint as he was picked up. But soon settled down. Though Caleb could tell he was not completely comfortable with Lance.

Oh, Her father? That had amusement crossing Caleb's face. Telling Lance. "It is nice having him here. But he fusses over me far too much. " Though she understood why. His wife had died in childbirth. He deeply feared he'd lose his daughter. Caleb then told Lance. "Honestly, He actually seems to like Agravain. Which I hadn't expected at all. " She had expected anger. But her father trusted her. Sure, He had wished he'd been at the wedding. But he had faith in Caleb's choices.

Lance might want to rant once she got him talking, it’s not like he could complain to the king, and the other knights on the journey weren’t to blame, were probably just as tired, but he was friends with Caleb, he could have a good old complain about it all. And he could also talk about how he was upset Galahad didn’t remember him. It hurt the way Galahad fussed and wasn’t pleased with being close to him but at least he didn't start crying or wiggling. Caleb didn’t have to tease him though about looking older, although he knew he looked tired, but he usually took pride in his appearance.

Lance arched an eyebrow and glanced at Caleb. “And he’s actually met Agravain right?” He murmured, because yeah, Agravain could be a bit polarising. He didn’t have as much charm as Gawain, was harsher and more intimidating, but maybe he’d simply been on his best behaviour. “Listen, I’m probably the last person who should judge someone about partners, but you really know how to pick them. I honestly thought this relationship of yours was going to end badly, Agravain isn’t know for his friendliness” He shook his head. “Ignoring that though, you’d never courted a man and you picked Agravain to start with of all people? It’s like not knowing how to ride and then picking an angry bull for your first time” He seemed slightly amused though, she clearly liked a challenge. And Lance shouldn’t through rocks in his glass house because he’d been sleeping with the princess and oh…he didn't like keeping all these feelings bottle up inside him. He wanted to gush about Caroline, tell Caleb that he couldn’t stop thinking about Caroline, and that he got butterflies whenever he saw the princess, but it was dangerous. Arthur and Gaheris knew, that was far too many people. Maybe he could allude for it though, just talk about a vague girl? It just felt heavy on his chest otherwise.

”you know, Elaine was actually one of the first girls I dated once we settled here. Certainly the first girl I was really serious about. But I guess I was young and stupid, should have thought about the fact that I wouldn’t be around long. But, she was so beautiful and smart and knew how to put me in my place, I couldn’t stay away” he was smiling slightly, twirling a strand of Galahad’s hair. “And Once we got back? I pined over her for months, I drove everyone else mad because I was so lovesick”

Lance seemed rather surprised that Caleb's father and Agravain had got along. Causing Caleb to snicker. "I know right? " Truly, She had expected her father to punch Agravain or something. But no, He'd welcomed Agravain easily into the family. Lance kept talking and okay, Maybe he was a little right. Agravain could be a difficult man. But Caleb did love him and things were good between them. Lance didn't seem to approve much of them being together. But Caleb shook her head. Musing. "Do I get a prize for conquering the beast? " Because Agravain certainly seemed far more tamer around her. But in the end, Caleb murmured. "I know you might not like him. But... He's a good man. I love him, I got to choose him. And he doesn't expect nor want me to change. " Though if Caleb's secret had never been revealed. If she didn't need to worry about her uncle. Caleb would not have rushed things. Might not ever have married him. Though she did not regret being with him.

Lance then was talking about Elaine. Caleb had seen the girl, But had not spent much time around her. Though she was hardly surprised by Lance's description. It was pretty obvious what Lance's type was. But, Elaine was no longer the same as she once was. Caleb doubted she'd ever truly regain her mind. A sad thought. Oh, Lance seemed like he had been deeply in love, Thus Caleb couldn't help but ask. "Did you ever think about going back to her? " His father was here, He served here. But Lance was known to fall hard. Caleb imagined if Elaine had asked he might have left it all for her.

Caleb found her gaze drifting to Galahad. The boy was sucking his thumb once again. Looking between Lance and Galahad, It was very obvious they were related. That was something no one could deny. Caleb then told Lance. "Honestly, I'm surprised you haven't gotten married yet. The idea of you settling down just sort of fits. " Caleb could easily picture it. Considering how he acted with Galahad. Any girl he married would be lucky to have him.

Agravain and Lance weren’t friends, never really had been, not like he’d been with Gawain, but he wouldn't begrudge Caleb her happiness, she’d frown at some of the women he’d dated. Ultimately, what mattered was that Caleb was content and that Agravain wasn’t hurting her like Gareth suspected might happen. He’d be sure to keep an eye out for any signs but he figured Agravain wouldn’t let such things show, especially not in front of Caleb’s father. Things might get a bit rowdy between them if he did.

Lance’s smile grew a bit sadder, thinking about Elaine was bittersweet. “A few times actually” he admitted. “I wrote her letters when I came back but didn’t get any reply. I was hurt, I didn’t understand. I wanted to go back, talk to her, recapture what had seemed to be lost. And towards the end, I wanted to confront her, ask why she was ignoring me, but i thought it might be too painful. I should’ve gone. It’s not her fault she didn’t write back, her father kept them from her” he told Caleb.

“There’s been a few girls over the years” he admitted, some he’d really grown close with and had loved so fiercely but… “it’s just never lined up right” he pointed out. “I’ve been more involved than them, or they’ve had to leave. Maybe one day” he murmured. “I think it’d be nice to have someone I can come home too, spend lazy days with and share my thoughts with but that might take a while to happen. And not every woman is going to be pleased I already have a son. Not that it matters, I wouldn’t want to court someone who didn't like Galahad”

Lance reached a hand up to rub the locket around his neck. “You know, Elaine told me Galahad was a twin” he murmured. “I had a daughter, briefly” It was sad to think about but Lance didn't want to forget things like that, they were important. “I should’ve been there for her, I understand that I couldn’t have known about the pregnancy, that her father probably wouldn’t have even let me see her, but someone should’ve been there for her for that. Its good that Agravain will be there for you” Not that he thought her baby might be stillborn or anything, but pregnancy was hard, it was good to have support. She had her father too, and him if she wanted. “I know you didn’t really want kids, not so soon. I didn’t think about being a parent when I was younger, but now? Maybe it’d be nice for Galahad to have a sister again”

Caleb couldn't say she was surprised at Lance's answer. He had loved Elaine, Still loved her. Caleb could very much imagine a alternate life where he'd sought her out. Run off with her. She listened quietly as he talked. Recalling romances and such. But all weren't too be. Though Caleb figured such would not always be the case. Eventually Lance would find someone. Her gaze then moved towards the locket. Galahad was a twin? Where was the othe-Oh... Lance might not have ever seen the baby. But Caleb could imagine it had hit hard once he found out. Reaching up, Caleb placed her hand on his arm.

Caleb didn't know how to comfort him, If he even wanted comfort. But she murmured. "Don't blame yourself. You couldn't have known, And even if you couldn't be there then. Your here now. " Elaine was no longer alone. Perhaps she would never heal. But she imagined Lance would ensure she was always safe. Same with Galahad. His words regarding Agravain was true. And Caleb was reminded that it was possible the baby would not be his blood. But in the end, That didn't seem to matter to him. To him this was his child.

She imagined Lance would love to have a little baby. He had been unable to see Galahad when he was a infant after all. Caleb then mused to Lance. "Oh, I'm sure once you settle down that will be the case. Though, Hopefully wait till marriage this time. " She teased him. She then nudged him gently. Musing. "For now, I expect you to be over often to help me with this little one. I practically consider you there uncle. " She considered Lance very much like a brother. Though for Agravain's sanity she'd avoid leaving Lance completely alone. Her husband would not be happy if Lance was left alone to babysit! Caleb then found her gaze drifting low. "Agravain's excited, I'm trying to be too... But I'm scared. " Having the child was what was intimidating. Sure, Once it was here she imagined she'd be fine. But... What if she suffered the same fate as her mother? This wasn't something she could fight with a sword. Shaking her head. Caleb then confessed to Lance. "I hate what I look like right now. Its hard to hide. I don't... I don't like being seen as a woman. I don't like looking in the mirror and seeing myself this way. " She hated it dearly. Though she doubt Lance would much understand such feelings. It was still nice to speak of them with a friend.

Lance reasonably knew that he hadn’t been able to do anything, and that he couldn’t change the past, but it was still a little heartbreaking to think about. Elaine was safe now though and so was Galahad, he’d keep them that way and they wouldn’t have to suffer anymore. He was going to make sure that Galahad grew up with as much opportunity as he could, it didn’t matter that he was deaf, Lance would make sure he could talk to the world around him and that he was happy and healthy.

Lance hummed his agreement as she talked about him marrying someone first “I know, my father will kill me if I have another kid pop up” he murmured. Antonio would be fuming, even ignoring the fact that it was sinful, it reeked of irresponsibility which was not exactly something you wanted in a knight. He smiled though as she said he’d be their uncle, that was nice, although he was sure Agravain would not be happy to hear her say such a thing. He would do his best to help out although obviously he had his own child to tend to.

It wasn’t exactly surprising that Caleb wasn’t overjoyed with her situation, she’d spent the majority of her life pretending to be a man so this was huge change that she couldn’t control. ”I understand that and I know you disguised yourself for so long but you’re a knight and we’re not the hiding type” he told her. “You’re going through something tougher than any of the other knights have faced and I know you can do it because you’re one of the toughest people I know” he reassured her. “I know it’s a big change but the more you look, the more you’ll get used to it, it doesn’t change who you are on the inside, but it helps for knights to be comfortable with their bodies” That way they could use them to their best ability rather than trying to compensate for something they didn’t want to show or acknowledge. “Everyone already knows you’re a woman anyway, they would hardly give you a second glance” he murmured.

Caleb averted her eyes as Lance talked. It was true, Knights were supposed to be confident in themselves. In battle that was the case for Caleb. She loved the thrill of the fight. Lance was right, Everyone already knew. So why was she still hide? Why did she hate so much how she was perceived? It felt wrong. Perhaps because she spent so long hidden that it felt like some sort of broken taboo? Caleb didn't know. Finally she opened her mouth to talk. "I don't f- " But her words were soon lost as she heard the sounds of footsteps. Glancing up, She half expected to see Agravain storming over. But no, Instead she saw the familiar face of her father walking down the hallway.

The man had also noticed them. Melodias faltering in his steps as he caught sight of Lance. The two had never met in person. But Melodias had seen Antonio and Galahad before. Thus it wasn't hard for him to figure out who Lance was. He also knew that both Caleb and Agravain painted the man in a different light. Agravain hated him, While Caleb saw him as a brother. Thus perhaps it made him a bit more uncertain in his actions. Still, He confidentially strode over as to greet the two. No reason to be rude!

Nodding his head. He then spoke gently. "Hello. " He greeted. As Caleb introduced. "Dad, This is Lance. He's going to be staying with us for a bit. Uh, Lance, This is my dad. Melodias. " Caleb explained. Yeah, Lance should probable try to make a good impression. He didn't want both Agravain and Melodias against him! Melodias was still undecided on how to feel about him. Thus things could sway either way. Still, He smiled and reached his hand out to shake. Saying. "Ah, Well, Its a pleasure to finally meet you. Caleb and Agravain have been telling me a lot about you. "

Lance and Caleb’s chat was soon interrupted by a hulk of a man and surprisingly it wasn’t Agravain. Lance watched curiously as they were approached with intent and huh, this large man was Caleb’s father? Well, wasn’t that interesting. They said people tended to date those similar to their parents and Agravain certainly shared Melodias’ size and likely strength too, maybe not character though, however Lance didn’t know Melodias at all so couldn’t attest to such a thing.

Lance shifted Galahad a little further up his hip before grasping Melodias’ hand to shake. “That’s what I feared might happen” Lance murmured, pulling back and putting his other arm around Galahad. “I’m sure Agravain has all manner of things to say about me but I’d rather keep that between me and him, what happened was a tragic accident and I’ll forever be grateful to Gareth” he told Melodias. “I’m not willing to put up with Agravain and his siblings threatening my family however” just in case Melodias was thinking of Taking sides or was unaware of Agravain and his family’s darker side.

“Anyway, you should be proud of Caleb, she’s a very capable knight” he told Melodias. “Maybe relies a bit too much on her speed but she had good technique” maybe once she had this baby she could train with Lance. He had far more speed than Agravain, was more agile so she’d have to focus more on technique than her speed, it could be good for her. Melodias seemed to like a bit of sparring too so he could also battle Lance.

Melodias was tall, No doubt about it. Strong as well, Though his build might not give that away easily. And yeah, One could probable see the resemblance between the man and Agravain. Shaking Lance's hand. Melodias seemed to be studying the other. Caleb looking between the two as if to try and gauge her fathers reaction. But Melodias listened. Before finally nodding, saying. "I'll leave things between you and Agravain alone then. But, Agravain is apart of my family now. " A simple warning. If he thought Lance might harm Agravain. He'd step in and protect his son in law. Not that Agravain needed protecting. But, He would not turn against Lance without cause. Caleb cared about Lance after all!

Melodias seemed happy to move the topic and maybe he stood a little taller as Lance complimented his daughter. A grin showing on his face. "I'm proud of him everyday. " He certainly seemed excited to brag about Caleb. Informing Arthur. "He's like me, Fightings in his blood. You should have seen him when he was little. He'd follow me around with a stick begging for me to practice with him. " Oh, Caleb's face was beginning to turn a bit red. Clearly she was a bit flustered.

Caleb decided to cut her father off before he could start boasting too much. Coughing. "Dad. " Melodias wasn't finished yet. Soon describing. "Once, When he was rather small. He saw king Alexander and bolted. Wanting to duel with him! I had to practically tackle him and drag him away! " King Alexander was a well known knight! Something Caleb had always looked up to. Caleb then once more urged. "Hey Dad, Uh... Me and Lance have got some stuff to do. So we'll see you later! " She expressed. Not waiting for a reply before she attempted to urge Lance away. Luckily Melodias didn't seem to mind. A amused smile on his face, Oh... He had totally knew he was embarrassing her.

Melodias seemed reasonable enough, Lance was only trying to protect himself and his family so they should have no problems really. He didn’t really want to be at odds with more people. Whilst Agravain might be a divisive subject, Caleb was a unifying one and Lance grinned as Melodias gave him an insight into Caleb’s childhood. Aww, that was a cute image. Galahad didn’t seem to show that sort of interest for being a knight, then again he’d not been with Lance long and he was still young, maybe he’d like to follow in his father’s footsteps eventually.

Caleb was getting embarrassed though and Lance chuckled at the story. He was being ushered away though before he could also Melodias for any more stories. “So you’ve always been eager to leap into a fight then” he said in amusement. “I might have to get your father to tell me more stories about you whilst I stay here” he grinned, although Antonio probably had his own fair share of embarrassing stories about Lance, then again Lance wasn’t too easily embarrassed so might not care.

“I can see why he likes Agravain now” he told Caleb. “He looks more related to him than to you” he pointed out, from A distance they probably looked like father and son although Melodias, thankfully, didn’t seem much like Loth. “Did you not eat your vegetables as a child?” Lance asked. “or perhaps you still have some growing to do, because I really feel you should be taller now that I’ve met your father” Maybe she got her stature from her mother? ”Dios mio,” he breathed. “This child is going to be huge” he figured, Melodias and Agravain were massive, it only made sense that Caleb was going to have a giant of a child, especially if it was a boy.

Caleb couldn't help her flushed cheeks as Lance spoke. Luckily her father hadn't revealed anything too revealing. But she'd need to make sure to keep Lance away from Melodias! "Don't you dare. " She said. Though her tone was not serious. Soon Caleb went to a slower pace as they left the hallway her father stood. Oh, Lance just had to point out the size of Melodias. Caleb wasn't surprised at all. But hey! She wasn't exactly short, She was of average height. Just her father and Agravain were huge. And they didn't look that similar! The only thing they really shared was there large size and the ability to probable throw someone across a room.

But, Having Melodias in Agravain's life was probable a good thing. Goodness knows Agravain own father had been horrible. Melodias already accepted Agravain as practically his own son. But the subject had to go towards the baby, Lance's words were rather true. With Melodias being there grandfather and Agravain being there father? Well, It was doubtful they'd be tiny. But Caleb soon complained. "Please no. " She'd rather have a normal sized child! Though that would explain all her back pain. Except, Caleb was fairly certain that was common in most pregnancies. Hopefully it would take after her!

Caleb then told him. "Luckily I doubt I'll ever have trouble finding someone to watch the kid. I know he's worried about me having the baby, But I can tell he's excited to meet them." Melodias had plenty of fears. But he'd do his best to help with the baby. Agravain already adored the baby. Though this all depended on if they could get Gawain to let go of the kid. From her understanding Gawain could be a bit of a mother hen at times! But that was fine, It ment Caleb would be able to get back to work sooner. Not have to worry so much about who would take care of the baby.

If Lance was going to stay awhile then he could probably get a few more stories out of Melodias which would be interesting, he couldn’t imagine there was anything too bad. He laughed as she thought about her no doubt giant baby, although maybe it would be regular sized, Agravain’s siblings weren’t massive and nor was Caleb so maybe with a bit of luck her child wouldn’t be larger than her by the time it turned five. Agravain, Melodias and Gawain would be very happy when this baby came, so much so that it probably didn’t matter if Caleb wasn’t overly thrilled. Gaheris and maybe even Gareth didn’t seem to share the excitement though.

”yeah I get that” he murmured. “My father wasn’t very pleased when he first heard about Galahad, but that’s because I’m not married, anyway he loves Galahad now. We’ve been such a small family for so long, just me and him, it’s nice to expand a little” sure, there wasn’t a massive family but it was 50% bigger than two. “So, is Agravain going to stay at home whilst you come back to work?” He asked curiously. Maybe she’d wait a few weeks after the baby was born but he knew she was itching to get into some action. “Maybe you And I can go on an adventure” he murmured. “Although not one nearly as far away or as long as the one I was just on” he insisted. He was thinking more like a day or two, no more than a week anyway. It might be nice for her to have some space from Agravain, Lance hadn’t been around but he wondered if the man had been fussing over her.

”we don’t have to of course, maybe if your father looks after this child, you can go on a quest with Agravain” he added. “I obviously wouldn’t want to join you two but it might be nice. Did you ever get a honeymoon?” He pointed out. They had come back to the house and had plenty of alone time but they’d not really gone anywhere. Agravain and Caleb might not want to leave their child so soon though. And speaking of honeymoons, he guessed that was what Caroline was currently on with Arthur. Not that it would be filled with love and lounging in bed all day, it still made his chest ache a bit. It did bring something else to mind though “Gaheris is getting knighted today” he wasn’t sure she’d heard. Lance obviously knew about his letter of recommendation and had overheard it being discussed. “he’s going to be more insufferable than ever but maybe he’ll spend all his time at the castle now” he mused, one could hope.

Oh, Caleb was sure Antonio had been furious about Galahad. But he did care for his grandson. Her gaze then drifted towards Galahad who was remaining quiet. Sucking on his thumb and frankly seeming a bit sleepy. Sure, He didn't seem excited to be with Lance. But he was calmer then yesterday. Once he got used to Lance again he'd surely be excited to be with him. Caleb though blinked at the question. Before finally nodding. "I plan to return to working at the castle as soon as I'm able too. Though, I expect Agravain wants to spend as long with the baby as he's able too. " Sure, He was probable itching to go back to work too. But he was far more parental then Caleb.

Then Lance was bringing up the idea of them both going on a adventure. Caleb's eyes widened and delight was clear on her face. "Really? " She'd be able to go on a proper quest. Really prove herself. But, Lance was soon mentioning Agravain. Causing Caleb to shake her head. A soft laugh coming from her as they exited her home. Telling Lance. "As much as I adore Agravain. A few days away would be nice. Besides, Me and him will surely have plenty of adventures in the future. " They hadn't really had a honeymoon though. Too busy taking care of Gareth. Or some other matter to really think about it. But... Maybe with her father, Lance, And Gaheris being home. They could arrange something? Before they hadn't really had anyone to watch Gareth. Also they'd been wanting to stay at home for Gaheris's return. Now? That wasn't the case. Though perhaps wait a bit longer for Gaheris and Agravain to spend some time together. They didn't need to be separated again so soon.

Caleb was just reaching the horses when Lance dropped that bombshell on her. Causing her to freeze up. Did Agravain know? "Without Gawain being here? " Caleb didn't much think Gaheris was ready. But even if he was. Wouldn't Gawain have wanted him to wait until his return? Caleb then shook her head. Telling Lance. "That feels... Wrong. He's not ready. " Sure, Caleb was only a bit older then Gaheris. So perhaps she had little room to judge. But Caleb could not imagine him being anywhere near ready to be a knight!

As he’d suspected, Caleb was feeling restless and would want to be swinging her sword as soon as possible. And if Agravain would be spending all his time with the baby then Lance and Caleb could hang out like old times, at least a little. He could get his father to babysit Galahad for a little while, he didn’t think it’d be wise to ask Agravain even if the man had not been pleased with Gavin taking Antonio. Agravain wasn't too keen to attack Lance through his family, neither was Gavin anymore seemingly but Gaheris might not share the same sentiment. A family for a family.

Lance couldn’t help but grin at her excitement. Antonio had not actually sent his son on any quests since they’d settled here, although he had undergone some missions on behalf of the king, he wasn’t a questing knight yet he figured he could convince his father to give him and Caleb some work. And it seemed he’d been right that Agravain might be crowding her a little.

His face settled into a grim line though as they talked about Gaheris. Lance couldn’t stand against this knighting though, not if he wanted to keep his head. “Well, Alexander wouldn’t knight him if Gaheris was that incapable” he insisted. “I know he’s young, but so are you, so was i, and he’s hardly the first knight to have anger issues” he pointed out. “He should be okay, I don’t think my father or the king will send him on any quests soon” he murmured, they’d surely think he was too irresponsible and too much of a liability, maybe once Gawain came back they’d send them off together. “But you’re right, Gawain should be there for it, he’ll be upset he missed it. I don’t know if he’s even told Agravain” he frowned. “Maybe that’s wise though, Agravain might put a stop to it and they already have enough splits in their relationship”

Caleb was a bit surprised by Lance, The man seemed to be mostly defending the choice. Had Gaheris really impressed him during the journey or something? Caleb was doubtful. But she did sigh. Nodding. The king was smart, Would not knight Gaheris unless he was ready. Or well... Caleb was hopeful that was the case. Briefly she paused at the last bit. No, She didn't think he'd told Agravain. Because Agravain would have told her. Perhaps she should go and tell him? Climbing onto her horse. Caleb shook her head. Saying. "It'll be worse if he doesn't tell Agravain. " She was sure he'd be upset about it. But, Gaheris might want to tell Agravain himself. So Caleb told Lance. "If he hasn't told Agravain by the time we get back. I'll tell him. Agravain would want to be there. Even if he didn't approve. " It was bad enough that Gawain wouldn't be able to see it! Caleb imagined the knighting would not happen until later. So they would probable have plenty of time.

Glancing towards Lance, Galahad had perked up a bit at the sight of the horse. Carefully reaching a hand out to try and pet the animal. Yeah, This would certainly be a more pleasant ride then yesterday. Swallowing. Caleb then asked Lance. "How was things with your father? And... Gavin? " Lance hadn't spoken yet of his return to the castle. Had he spoken to Gavin? Or just avoided her? Caleb couldn't imagine hanging around her would be wise. The woman was deranged. How many details did Lance know?

Caleb was very much aware that Agravain probable wouldn't like her telling Lance everything about Gavin's crimes. But Lance was the person most at danger. So, After a bit of hesitation. Caleb then told Lance. "Her crimes weren't only kidnapping Antonio. " She started. Uncertain of how much he knew, But finally she continued. "She was killing men and eating them, Feeding them to her family. " Caleb let out a long sigh. Muttering. "Her excuse was that they were all bad men. " Caleb didn't see that as a excuse. It was wrong and messed up. But she had a feeling all of that had just been brushed under the rug. Gavin was being detained. But she was not being punished.

Agravain would no doubt want to be there to see his brother become a knight and his temper would probably flare whether he was told or not so he figured he’d leave it to Caleb to inform the man should he not already know. Lance did not plan on attending. Maybe he should since it was in order to keep his secret but he didn’t think he could deal with Gaheris’ smugness or that taunting that would be directed his way. No, it was best if he stayed away from it so that he didn’t hinder it in anyway.

Lance placed Galahad on the horse before swinging up after his son and putting a steadying arm around him. He sighed at the mention of Gavin. “I guess things could’ve gone worse” he conceded. “But she‘s so unrepentant, and I don’t agree with the way Alexander just lets her roam about and listen in on important meetings.” Gavin was dangerous and should have a closer eye kept on her. Clearly she was crazy too if what Caleb said was anything to go by. He recoiled slightly at the news, face scrunching in disgust. “And she has the nerve to be angry at me when she’s been betraying her family?” He shook his head, oh, this meant the brothers had probably eaten human meat which was….not a nice thought. “You’ve married into crazy, you know that yes?” Lance told her. “Perhaps it’s hereditary” he mused, maybe her children would also be crazy? Let’s hope not.

”and speaking of crazy, we brought back this strange woman, she knows secrets, I don’t know how. She’s not seemed like a threat so far but she is strange and alarming. Alexander agreed to let her spend time with Galahad for her telling him a secret. She’s probably going to traumatise him! I don’t know why she wants him but I do know that secret wasn’t worth it. She’s always too cryptic anyway” he squeezed Galahad slightly. He didn’t want to leave Galahad with Merlin, wouldn’t let her be alone with him. “I saw Elaine too” he murmured. “She seemed okay, all things considered, and my father is better than I would’ve expected for a man recently kidnapped. I’ve missed them both and if Gavin touches them again then I’ll have to fight back”

Lance's disgust was clear on his face. Caleb was actually a bit relieved by it. Agravain always seemed far more willing to take his sisters side, To try and defend her to some extent. Though Caleb knew that things had fallen apart between the two. A soft laugh came from her at Lance's comment. Though it was a bit bitter. Yes, She knew the state of the family she'd married into. Or well... It was coming more into focus. If such had been genetic had come to her mind. Something that scared her. But... Caleb then murmured. "I think none of the siblings are really right. Agravain hasn't told me much about their childhood. But from what I do know? I'm surprised they aren't more damaged. " Of course, She also didn't know of all the problems going on with the siblings. Really, Gwen had probable been the most stable of them all.

She then listened to Lance describe a strange woman. Was she dangerous? If she knew secrets maybe she was working under some noble? Except, Lance didn't seem to think that was the case. Why would she want to be around Galahad? Sure, The little boy was cute but that was weird. But her focus was soon on the next bit and Caleb shook her head. Telling Lance. "I don't think she'd try to go after them again. But, Whatever she does to you... She won't let it be obvious or traced back to herself. She doesn't want to risk her rights to seeing her daughter being taken away. " Lance might need to be careful as to make sure he didn't eat any poisoned food! But... Gavin might wait a while to do anything. Caleb had a feeling Gavin could be patient when she wanted to be.

Speaking of crazy ladies. Caleb was slowing her horse to a stop. They had finally reached the gate of her property. Ready to take the trail into town. But standing waiting was a woman Lance would probable find familiar. Large canine at her side. The animals teeth soon going on display and Caleb did not much wish to risk it spooking her horse. So she kept her distance. Caleb's home was a bit out of the way. A odd location to spot travelers, But Caleb was capable and this looked to be a frail woman. "Hello, Can we help you? "
Except Caleb was being ignored. Because the woman, Merlin wasn't looking at her. Just Lance- Or well... At Galahad. Sharp grin on her face. "I've followed the weapons. "

The siblings were certainly traumatised although some more so then others. Maybe Agravain would open up to Caleb eventually but he had suffered the least at the hands on their parents, except for maybe Gwen, and he wouldn’t share all his sibling’s secrets, maybe a few but not anything as delicate as what had been done to Gaheris and Gareth. Hopefully Caleb wouldn’t have to worry too much about Morgan deciding to be a grandmother though, she’d have her own child to focus on and well, Loth was dead so this child might be alright.

Lance knew he’d have to watch Gavin but the trouble was that whatever she was planning, it wasn’t going to be easy to see. He didn’t much enjoy looking over his shoulder but he wouldn’t let her get the better of him, she’d done enough damage as it was. She wasn’t the only crazy lady he had to watch out for and Merlin was the more immediate problem. He made sure to keep his hand around Galahad as he stopped his horse and narrowed his eyes at Merlin. “Speak of the devil” he muttered. “Caleb, this is Merlin, the woman I told you about” he explained.

He didn’t hate Merlin but he didn’t trust her that much, not enough to give her his child. “I’d rather you didn’t follow us” Lance replied, he sort of understood her cryptic talk sometimes. “I’m not letting you take him” he told Merlin. “We’re going riding, come back another time and you can see him for a few minutes, but not without me” he insisted, although he knew that Alexander had offered her more time than that. “He’s just a kid, I don’t know what you want with him Merlin, and he won’t understand you, he’s deaf” He was worried about what he’d interest in Galahad meant, he didn’t want her putting him in danger or predicting something terrible might happen to him, he couldn’t face that.

Caleb frowned a bit at Lance's words, Studying Merlin. Well... She could certainly understand the unease. The woman was strange. But she also looked rather frail and sickly. Merlin didn't look like she wanted to leave. Blinking at Lance and telling him. "He will understand me more then he understands you. " But her tone wasn't as if she was arguing. More as though such was just a simple fact she was informing Lance of. Merlin then murmured. "I could give him what he lacks, If you let me? " Atleast she was somewhat asking for permission. She wasn't trying to grab Galahad and run. Though Caleb figured they might need to keep the doors in the house locked.

Caleb then moved forward. Murmuring. "Well, I'm afraid as Lance has said. We need to be off. So you'll just have to come back another time. " Except, Those words felt wrong to Caleb. Had Caleb known the exact strangeness of the woman. She might not have cared. Merlin had lived a long time on her own. A few hours would not do her harm. But Caleb did not realize that. Just took note of how skinny the woman was. How she lacked a horse and how far it would be to walk to town. So she swallowed. "Do you have a place to go back too? " But, Caleb was being ignored. Merlin didn't deem Caleb of much importance or interest. Galahad and Lance were far more interesting to her.

Caleb couldn't help but be a touch annoyed at that. But her worry did continue. "Will she be okay if we leave her here? " She asked Lance. Oh- Seemed Merlin had decided she'd leave the group alone. For when Caleb looked back towards her. She was walking towards Caleb's home. Seemed she was willing to wait for Lance to return. But she wasn't going to leave. They perhaps should go tell Agravain and her father what to expect. But Caleb had closed the doors behind her. Surely the strange woman couldn't get inside?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back