Advice/Help I want to get a 1x1 partner, I am trying for the first time.

Vibe_Lad

gone
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I already posted on the 1x1 forums, does it take a long time for somebody to respond?
What is your experience with 1x1s? Are people open minded?

—-> It can take a long time or a short time, or anything in between. Many of my threads used to take about three days to get any replies, nowadays they take longer or don’t get them, though it should be noted that mine are designed not to cast a very wide net in the first place.

—-> 1x1s were the first kind of RP I did, and I do like them very much. They are more personal than groups and allow for both more schedule flexibility and more productive discussion as to the RP a lot of the time. I also found that understanding my own tastes and writing style better, and filtering for it, helped greatly improve my experiences with 1x1 roleplays.

——> Depends on what you have in mind in terms of open minded. However, a partner that is begrudgingly accepting your offer is not a partner you necessarily want I would say. Rather, while of course you have to stay within the confines of what let’s you have fun and do what you really want, it’s on you as the person who made the thread to be appealing to the tastes of the reader, not the reader to compromise for your sake. They can always go to one of the dozens of other people making offers.

—-> As a sidenote, after looking at your interest check, there are definitely things you could to make an improvement. Things like just putting the bottom text up instead telling people to go all the way down first for no good reason, being a bit more polite in your request for a DM, giving information on your tastes regarding logistical matters like posting length and frequency, introducing yourself and giving a potential plot to catch people’s attention, or at least give them something a little more Cork to hang on to as to what the story might be that you’re looking for.

—-> It can take a long time or a short time, or anything in between. Many of my threads used to take about three days to get any replies, nowadays they take longer or don’t get them, though it should be noted that mine are designed not to cast a very wide net in the first place.

—-> 1x1s were the first kind of RP I did, and I do like them very much. They are more personal than groups and allow for both more schedule flexibility and more productive discussion as to the RP a lot of the time. I also found that understanding my own tastes and writing style better, and filtering for it, helped greatly improve my experiences with 1x1 roleplays.

——> Depends on what you have in mind in terms of open minded. However, a partner that is begrudgingly accepting your offer is not a partner you necessarily want I would say. Rather, while of course you have to stay within the confines of what let’s you have fun and do what you really want, it’s on you as the person who made the thread to be appealing to the tastes of the reader, not the reader to compromise for your sake. They can always go to one of the dozens of other people making offers.

—-> As a sidenote, after looking at your interest check, there are definitely things you could to make an improvement. Things like just putting the bottom text up instead telling people to go all the way down first for no good reason, being a bit more polite in your request for a DM, giving information on your tastes regarding logistical matters like posting length and frequency, introducing yourself and giving a potential plot to catch people’s attention, or at least give them something a little more Cork to hang on to as to what the story might be that you’re looking for.
very helpful and in depth! Thank you for taking the time to respond in an informative and polite matter.

I will keep your advice in mind as I go forward.

Note: when I said open minded, I meant to see how people usually interact on here and in what manners. But I guess being human everyone has different styles that works for them.

Anywho imma keep lurking and putting myself out there.

Hope you have a nice day Idea person

if you are bored and have nothing to do

Little thing about me: There is no such thing as a time I have nothing to do.

Rather than bored, I get stressed. But that's my secret captain.

I am always stressed :P

-----

But I don't mind taking another look at your interest check if you'd like.

Yup, I think it's looking a lot better. Visually it's still not very appealing, but I'm not the best guy to ask about aesthetics so I leave that matter to a kind soul with a desire to help.

Still think you could use adding a plot of some kind, but as it stands, there is enough in the interest check for someone to latch onto in deciding if you are the right partner for them, as well as a couple things (world and OC) for them to potentially be interested in.

Good job :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back