Other I think I’m just depressed

Darklord95

#thuglife
Supporter
A lot of the RPs I’m in right now are moving at a snails’ pace, which I know is common, but it sucks because I was super excited for these RPs. The reasons’ are mostly because the other person is going through stuff irl, which I get. It just sucks because the RPs I’m in are really niche and I was super excited for them. Like, every time I’d get a notification for them I’d get excited! Everything that stressed me out that day wouldn’t seem so bad anymore. And now they’re just…….frozen. And honestly… it’s just depressing. I don’t even blame them, I’m just sad that their lives are getting so far in the way. I dunno. Am I being selfish? I don’t mean to be.

Last edited:
No...I feel the same... Some rps I just go from a laying position then when I see I got a post for it I jolt straight up into a sit... But I too understand how life gets in the way...there was times I only posted for a week then be absent for months before I was back for two months then one for another few months. Because of my moms manipulation and strict rules... Now I'm with my dad and I finally have more time to do rps my passion and escape. To the point I don't hafto worry about leaving for months on end I'll just be gone for a week or two at most!

No...I feel the same... Some rps I just go from a laying position then when I see I got a post for it I jolt straight up into a sit... But I too understand how life gets in the way...there was times I only posted for a week then be absent for months before I was back for two months then one for another few months. Because of my moms manipulation and strict rules... Now I'm with my dad and I finally have more time to do rps my passion and escape. To the point I don't hafto worry about leaving for months on end I'll just be gone for a week or two at most!
Thanks. That means a lot.

Sure! If I were you I would have probably posted the same thing. Looking for reassurance is part of daily life.

manipulative mom? moving out with your dad? i know how you feel.

A lot of the RPs I’m in right now are moving at a snails’ pace, which I know is common, but it sucks because I was super excited for these RPs. The reasons’ are mostly because the other person is going through stuff irl, which I get. It just sucks because the RPs I’m in are really niche and I was super excited for them. Like, every time I’d get a notification for them I’d get excited! Everything that stressed me out that day wouldn’t seem so bad anymore. And now they’re just…….frozen. And honestly… it’s just depressing. I don’t even blame them, I’m just sad that their lives are getting so far in the way. I dunno. Am I being selfish? I don’t mean to be.
hey, it's okay. we feel what we feel for a reason. just keep trying to be a good friend to your partner(s). they'll really appreciate it. you seem like a decent person. bad people don't question if they're doing the right thing. you do question it. stay awesome, stay hydrated.

Am I being selfish? I don’t mean to be.

It's not at all selfishness. It's a inherent human desire to want attention and affection. Everything bad goes away when you see a message from them. That's just self care and preservation 101, and you're not at all to blame for that. Now what would be selfish is if you made it all about you and were angry about it. But because you don't blame them, and you're understanding of how life works, no, it's not selfish of you to feel depressed.

I'm currently going through the same emotions with one of my friends who I've gotten very close with so I know what you're feeling.

It's not at all selfishness. It's a inherent human desire to want attention and affection. Everything bad goes away when you see a message from them. That's just self care and preservation 101, and you're not at all to blame for that. Now what would be selfish is if you made it all about you and were angry about it. But because you don't blame them, and you're understanding of how life works, no, it's not selfish of you to feel depressed.

I'm currently going through the same emotions with one of my friends who I've gotten very close with so I know what you're feeling.
Thanks. That means a lot. 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back