• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern î̬t̬̂'̬̂ŝ̬ ̬̂â̬ ̬̂b̬̂ê̬â̬û̬t̬̂î̬f̬̂û̬l̬̂ ̬̂d̬̂â̬ŷ̬ ̬̂î̬n̬̂ ̬̂t̬̂ĥ̬ê̬ ̬̂n̬̂ê̬î̬ĝ̬ĥ̬b̬̂ô̬r̬̂ĥ̬ô̬ô̬d̬̂ -- IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Dae Kyeong
Mentions : Reiia silver Reiia silver Kikimura Kikimura
Dae is just finished up cleaning in the kitchen, and decided she’d deal with the laundry room after Nami was fed. She’d walked into the laundry room and froze, taking deep breaths and just keeping in mind that Nami had the best of intentions, so loosing her cool wouldn’t be a good mom move. So she starts setting up for breakfast. She keeps an ear out for her daughter to make sure she’s alright, but quickly finishes the scrambled eggs with a side of blueberries. She sighs and calls out to her daughter, expecting the three year old to be peaking around the corner.

“Guess what I maddee?” Theres a sweet sing-songy voice in her tone in her voice as she plates her own eggs and pours out the juice. “Eggs and berries! C’mon hun, I need you to eat breakfast please. ” She walks over a bit, but a window facing outside catches her attention. Hyun? What was he doing home? Her first thought was maybe he was fired, but then dismissed it once she saw the gleam of his badge and the gun strapped to his side. No, he was fine… what was he doing home?

“Nami, sweet little, I’ve gotta make a plate for your father ok? He’s home early.” She isn’t quite sure why he’s home, but she’ll make something for him all the same.

cooltext436150277226134.png
₩ł₮₶: Roxie, her mom ( BloopNoodle BloopNoodle )
₼€₦₮łᏫ₦$: her daddy ( Kikimura Kikimura )
₩₶€₹€: Living room > Kitchen

Nami Lee was having a lot of fun dressing up her dog in funny hats, the dogs of course was not having as much fun except for the fact she was with her favorite person. The dog had been cooperating for the most part, barking every so often but it wasn’t a mad or scared it was a playful bark. That’s when her mommy walked in, she looked over as soon as her mom mentioned eggs and berries, she was a really good eater and it was one of her favorite breakfast.

Nami Lee started walking over towards the kitchen, that’s when she heard her mom say that her daddy was home. She got super excited and stuck her hands up in the air, she loved it when he came home early. “Yay! Daddy’s home!” she started to twirl around in circles and was doing some weird four-year-old dance. She was so excited, it was her favorite time of the day except for when she got to play with her friends or when her mommy would sit down and play with her.

Nami Lee noticed that her dog Roxie had not come into the room, in fact she was in the living room over by the window barking and growling. Nami Lee walked in and tried calling her, but the dog just stared at the window. It was at that moment, that the man the jogger called about was going to break the window.

“Mommy! Whose that?”

cooltext436320740844684.png
ᗯI丅ᕼ: Blake ( PixieDust PixieDust )
ᗯᕼᗴᖇᗴ: Living area
ᗰᗴᑎ丅Iᗝᑎᔕ: Her husband ( BloopNoodle BloopNoodle )
As Rachel was sitting there with her youngest, he was getting excited and wondering why he had to be a morning baby. She was hoping the next baby would sleep through the morning more often, but her attention soon turned away from her son as she noticed Blake walking. Caden was jumping up and down on the couch when he saw her, he was so excited to see his favorite person in the whole wide world. “BB!!” He yelled sticking his arms up in the air towards her and when you see hugged him he would hold on so she might be a little forced to pick him up unless she unwrapped his tiny arms from her.

Rachel knew she was not being really truthful, they had problems with her in the past and yet she lost her parents so they struggled with being strict with her. Rachel struggle because she wanted so badly for Blake to feel a part of the family, not to feel ostracized from them. Still, she managed to smile and nodded her head, trying to think of a good mom thing to say. She didn’t know what to say be honest, she was always so worried that if she said the wrong thing Blake wouldn’t want anything more to do with her.

“That’s great, Blake. . I hope you enjoyed your walk, the baby missed you. He is not going be happy until you give him a couple cuddles.” Rachel smiled as she watched her son, she was so happy that she had all the children she had. She was grateful for each and every one of them, even this new one that nobody knew about. “Would you mind watching him for a short bit? I’d like to get some breakfast ready, any request?” she was hoping that she could ask Blake to babysit later, or maybe get one of the neighborhood kids to babysit, she really needed a good conversation with her husband.

Hyun Kyeong:
Mentions: ( Reiia silver Reiia silver BloopNoodle BloopNoodle )

Hyun made his way behind the guy, not yet drawing his tazer nor making his appearance known. Before hurting someone he would rather know their cause for their actions--maybe he was just lost?

"Sir, excuse me. I don't know if you noticed but you are clearly invading private property."

Hyun stationed himself at the perfect distance for a tazing shot or a tackle, even if the guy tried running for it.
At this state in his life, Hyun could probably outrun and outlast athletes due to the many years running in full gear while carrying heavy weaponry.
Now, with a simple uniform and pistol he could very much overtake almost anyone.

Isolde Thomas
Mentions : Reiia silver Reiia silver twinkie twinkie
Isolde was already awake, and had been for a good while. Finishing up homework, picking out her outfit, and putting products in her hair so the curls looked healthy and smooth, rather than frizzy and unkempt. Her outfit for the day was paired with her backpack, and as she skipped steps to get downstairs the key chains of little charms from childhood clinked against the metal.

“I’m here. Ready when you guys are.” She grabs one of the pancakes and eats it fairly quickly. She shoots a small smile to her sister, but otherwise she’s a little closed off this morning. Like her mind is somewhere else other than the present. “You’re on your own. Cafeteria food sucks…” She says as her sister asks for money for lunch. She just opens the pantry and starts packing her own lunch. “You sure you don’t want me to make you a to-go lunch?”

Dae Kyeong
Mentions : Reiia silver Reiia silver Kikimura Kikimura
Theres a bright smile on Dae’s face as she hears Nami’s excitement for seeing her father. She was completely oblivious to the fact someone was about to break her window… which to be honest, isn’t her fault. How was she supposed to know some creep was planning on snatching her kid? If they were successful, she’d never forgive herself. So thats why, when Nami says ‘who’s that’, Dae frowns, turns from the stove and glances into the room.

”NAMI!” Her scream is extremely loud, and her reaction is nearly instant. She bolts forward and snatches Nami up and away from the window, baring her teeth at the random person who was stalking outside her window. She could see Hyun right behind him, tazer ready. Thank god he was there, holy hell. She darts out of the room and out of the reach of this random person, watching from the entry way. She pushes Nami’s head into her shoulder to shield her eyes.

”Roxie, come! Come here.” She tries to call Roxie away from the window as well, but to no avail. The dog was loosing her mind barking at the stranger.

James Stevenson
The Witty Cowboy Dad
12 Crescent Court
Still a little tired
Thinking of his kids
mentions

Violet and Charlie

James had woken up that morning earlier than the usual time, thanks to having another unpleasant dream. After making himself a coffee and grabbing a cigarette, he decided to sit out on the front porch and read the local newspaper.
"Son of a bitch,"
he muttered under his breath in his notable Southern accent, his expression changing into that of a frown as he read the main headline. He thought kids were supposed to be safer in suburban areas, but it seemed he’d have to keep an extra eye on Violet and Charlie for the time being.
"..Guess they got sickos here too"
he added. He quickly made the decision that he was going to drive his kids to and from school until they catch ‘whodunit’, and if they weren’t too keen on catching a ride with their old man then he’d at least ask Charlie to make sure his little sister gets to school safely.

He also made a note to himself that he ought to pay the Jones’ and the Kyeongs a visit to see if Mike and Hyun have any more information on what happened. James finished his cigarette just as he read the last of the newspaper, tossing the butt in the trash before returning inside to make a start on breakfast.
"Waffles it is."
he thought to himself aloud, a dimpled smile appearing on his face as he imagined how happy his children - especially little Violet - would be with the treat. Half-empty coffee mug on the counter beside him, James began cooking the waffles with perfection. He enjoyed cooking for his children and made an effort to do so every day he could - especially ever since it had just been the three of them.
coded by natasha.

Last edited:
cooltext436150277226134.png
₩ł₮₶: Roxie, her mom ( BloopNoodle BloopNoodle ) her daddy ( Kikimura Kikimura )
₼€₦₮łᏫ₦$:
₩₶€₹€: Living room
Nami had no concept of danger at her age, instead she was really curious as to what was going on and wanted to figure out who this person was. Good thing her mom came swinging into action or Nami could be serious hurt and instead she reached towards her dog as her mom carried her off. "Roxie....What if Roxie gets hurt mommy?" Roxie was a good protector for Nami as she would have had that person on the ground had the window not been closed or if the door had been open. She was snarling at the intruder who had hesitated at breaking the window and why it didn't end up happening that and Hyun had been right there.

Nami was not happy that she could not see what was going on, she hated missing all the action even though she had any clue what was going on should have been very frightened. After all it look like this person was trying to kidnap her, even though Hyun would have to take him back to the station in order to find out if he is connected to any missing children in the other neighborhood. " Mommy..... I can't see anything..... "

cooltext436124183997609.png
𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞: Home
𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡: Lucas ( Bambiholic Bambiholic ) Sammy ( Peanut145 Peanut145 )
𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬:
𝐎𝐎𝐂: Lydia is madddd! LOL

Lydia could only stare at her oldest son when he mentioned the fact he missed some classes like it was a normal thing to do. What was going on and how did she let things get out of control? Work had become her all consuming life force for so long and her kids were paying the price. Lydia lowered her head, she felt so disappointed in herself, the kids should have come first. She just wanted them to have a good life, opening her mouth to speak, but her phone started ringing again.

At this moment she did something neither of her kids was probably expecting, she broke her work phone. She took a nearby Item and just smashed it, something had to change and if it was a little too late for Lucas, she had to do this for Sammy.

“Even a few classes are terrible! It is important to finish high school, I told you that college was something you can decide not to go to, but high school is not an option…..” Lydia could be quite scary when she was mad, shaking her head she was worried about her son. “I am trying here! I just want the both of you to have a good life….”

Now, Lydia was definitely scared for her son and it could be seen in this moment, Lydia was not one too show emotions like this unless she was that worried. “You are going to go to classes again, you are right….. I am taking you to school, if I get one phone call from the school then there is going to be severe punishments….”

Lucas Saunders
The Skater Boy
The Saunders Residence
Extremely Tense
Regretful
interactions

Lydia and Sammy

Lucas watched as his mother's expression shifted into an even blend of disappointment, anger and concern. He somehow hadn't expected her reaction to be quite like this. He had a bad habit of not realising the seriousness of situations until it was too far late. For a brief moment, he almost felt a pang of guilt tug at his heart. He knew he had been pushing the limits recently and getting away with a little too much but he very obviously hadn't thought far enough into the future to have considered the consequences - and now he was experiencing those consequences first-hand. After his mother's phone rang once more in a moment of bad timing, Lucas froze in astonishment as she smashed the phone right then and there, her sudden outburst revealing the depth of her concern even further.

Lucas turned to Sammy for a brief moment and raised his eyebrows as if to say 'Oh boy, I've really went and done it this time', or at the very least 'Sorry you gotta see this'. He soon returned his gaze to his mom so as to not anger the woman even further than he had already done so. All he felt he could do in that moment was listen as she scolded him, the unpleasantness of the situation showing in his face. Lucas swallowed before nodding and muttering a “Right.” in response, pushing away all of his intense emotions until he could safely pretend that he didn’t have any. If it wasn’t already apparent, repressing his feelings as a coping mechanism was another one of his bad habits.

It was clear that he had come to the end of the line and could do nothing to better the situation other than complying with what his mother had to say. “Right, you’re right.” he said again without emotion, this time running his fingers through his hair and looking away. “I guess I’ll go pack my school bag, if I have permission to do that.” he added, this time actually intending to do it.
coded by natasha.

Last edited:
Sammy Saunders

Sammy gave his brother a grimace. He had never heard a conversation like this between his mother and brother. He had only ever seen anything like this on TV. He wasn’t quite sure what to say or if he should say anything. He finished his cereal before he decided to speak. He stared out the window while eating, staring out the window was much more interesting than a tv show or a lot more books he had read lately.

Sammy put his used dish in the sink and washed it saying “Maybe you could take me to school too, if you want, I mean you don’t have to, just a suggestion, yeppp.” He itched the back of his neck turning to his brother and his mother. Some of the kids at school had started a rumor he didn’t have parents because they never came for events or dropped him off at school. He wanted to seize this opportunity when he could. |

Hyun Kyeong
With: Dae ( BloopNoodle BloopNoodle ) and Nami ( Reiia silver Reiia silver )

As Hyun spoke and the intruder looked back, he had a few seconds of shock before he attempted to dart out of the garden--however he was soon tackled by Hyun and forced to the ground.

"Sadly for you my guy, I played Football (🏈) in highschool."

Hyun read him his right, snapping the cuffs around his hands and locking him in the vehicle. He then clicked his radio;

"Officer Hyun here, going for lunch. Come pick up an intruder; possible kidnapper connection to check. Young twenty something white male suspect."

He spoke as the radio chattered about something like; "this better not be lunch with your daughter again." And [B]"this guy and I right??..."[/B]

It was as if Blake could feel all the muscles in her body relax as soon as she lifted an elated Caden into her arms and rubbed her nose against his tiny one, she did grimace slightly at the extra weight in her arms though, he was getting to be almost too big to carry easily. It helped Blake to relax even more that Rachel didn't question her whereabouts either. She and Iz had been on her case a lot lately.

"Sure I can watch the Little Guy before school,' she shrugged, feeling a little twinge of guilt that she was lying again about actually going to school. In reality the blonde would be heading straight to the local music store to hang out with that one cool girl Valentine who was bound to be there, and maybe Charlie would be there too. Sometimes he'd turn up to be his usual annoyingly perky self.
'Breakfast? Nah, it's cool. Breakfast and I, we're like Batman and Joker: mortal enemies...'

Although, Blake tried to ignore Rachel for the most part, she could sense that she was more stressed out than usual; more tired too. By the expression on her face, the teen guessed she might be in need of extra help with the younger kids today.
'Do you...want me to babysit or something later? You look kinda tired...' she asked hesitantly.

blake lynton

the rebel

Isaiah, valentine, charlie (mentioned) rachel & caden

♡coded by uxie♡

cooltext436187239089324.gif
𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒: Home
𝒲𝒾𝓉𝒽: Mom ( PixieDust PixieDust )
ℳ𝑒𝓃𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈: Lucas ( Bambiholic Bambiholic )

Amy heard her mother coming into the room on the phone, she simply rolled her eyes as she tried to pay attention to the TV. She couldn’t believe that kids in the nearby neighborhoods were getting kidnapped, she hoped that this would not make her mother overprotective of her. At least not more than she was already overprotective, that is when she wasn’t focused on work all the time. She decided to change the channel, not wanting her mother to see the news right now and she put on some cartoons.

As her mother finally got off the phone and spoke to her, she smiled slightly as it was pointless to have an attitude. “I am just watching some cartoons….” Amy had wanted to ask her mother questions about flirting and how to get a guy to like things like that and she knew her mom was popular in highschool.

“Uhm, hey mom? How do you flirt with a guy you like?” She knew her mom did not care for Lydia and the same with Lydia not liking her mom, so she could not tell her mom that she was crushing hard on Lucas. Just thinking about Lucas made Amy blush and gave a dreamy look, she knew he was a bad boy but it was hard not to have feelings for him. He was really nice to her, guys weren’t usually that nice to her at school or anywhere else. She did not like Charlie, he was constantly goofing off and causing trouble for her, he did make fun of her every once in a while although she just had to learn to ignore him.

“I sort of have a crush on someone at school, someone that you wouldn’t know.” While Amy did not lie a whole lot, she did have her moment where she could be very convincing and this was one of those as she knew her mother would never approve of her crush.

cooltext437104554763677.png
◦•●◉✿ 𝔚𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 ✿◉●•◦
The kitchen
◦•●◉✿ 𝔚ℑ𝔱𝔥 ✿◉●•◦
Her daddy ( Bambiholic Bambiholic )
◦•●◉✿ 𝔐𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰 ✿◉●•◦
Violet was an extremely beautiful little girl, she was six years old and the youngest of two. She had an older brother who was constantly playing pranks on her, she didn’t like that so much. They lived in a house with their dad and no mom, but Violet had very little memories of her mother. Her mother died when she was only couple years old, but Charlie, on days he was being nice would share memories he had of their mother. She liked those times, because it seemed like when she tried to talk to her dad about her mother it made him sad.

Violet was definitely a spoiled little girl, she had a princess bed and her decorations would all match her bed. She had every toy under the sun, any doll that she wanted yet she didn’t really act bratty. At least not as much as you would think she would, she had all the clothing she could want and any accessories to match.

She picked one of her dresses to wear, as she got herself ready for school.she could smell that her dad is making waffles, this made her incredibly happy as it was one of her favorite meals. She quickly made her way down to the kitchen, she was all smiles and her blue eyes were shining.

“Good morning, daddy!” she greeted him happily, she wondered if she should let dad know that Charlie snuck out of the house earlier to go to music store where all the teenagers seem to like to hang out. She was going to not be a snitch, but she remembered the prank Charlie had pulled on her last night and she was not about to let him get off Scott free. “Daddy, Charlie snuck out this morning to go to the music store…. I just could not keep that hidden from you, not the best daddy in the whole wide world!” she gave him a huge smile, often times able to have her dad wrapped around her finger.

James Stevenson
The Witty Cowboy Dad
12 Crescent Court
Cheerful on the surface
"Damn it, Charlie.."
mentions

Violet and Charlie

The moment James heard his daughter’s voice his face lit up, turning to look at her proudly. She looked just as adorable as ever - he could've sworn that each day she resembled her mother more and more. James never used to be a morning person, but nowadays they had become something he looked forward to - every day Violet somehow managed to brighten up his day before it had even begun, even on his worst days. "Mornin’, Princess" James greeted in response. He glanced at the kitchen door, half-expecting his eldest to have come in after her, but there was no sign of him. He assumed his son might have slept in late or hadn’t left the bathroom yet, but his curiosity was soon answered.

As Violet told him that Charlie had snuck out to go hang with his friends at the music store, James listened attentively, his brows raising as he learned what his son had been up to that morning. “Is that so?” he responded, continuing to cook the waffles. He appreciated Violet's honesty, but he would be lying if he said he wasn’t slightly disappointed in his son. Now, James wasn’t quite like the majority of parents. He was only sixteen when he had Charlie and so their relationship dynamic was unique. James wasn’t the type to get angry, give harsh punishments or have too many rules (within reason), and he treated Charlie like more of a friend providing his word was still respected by him. Part of this was because James’ childhood ended so early that he still had that youthful teen spirit in him and understood what it felt like to be sixteen, but there were other, deeper reasons that James preferred not to think about. Reasons like worrying about his son’s happiness and well-being after Sophia's passing.

"I appreciate you tellin’ me, sweetheart," James said, the smile returning to his face at her words of flattery. "Daddy’s gonna have to have a little chat with your brother, ain’t he? I sure am glad that you’re no trouble.” He chuckled softly, finishing up the waffles and plating them, still making a plate for Charlie just in case he wanted them later. "If I’m the best daddy in the whole world, then you must be the best Princess in the whole universe," James said playfully. “And what would the best Princess in the whole universe like on her waffles?” he asked.

James reached into the pantry, pulling out a large array of options from maple syrup to chocolate sauce. Despite his cheerful demeanor, he hadn’t forgotten about Charlie’s sneaking out. He was less upset that his son decided to skip school, and more upset that he had kept it from him. If Charlie had wanted a day off and asked for it James likely would’ve considered letting him just the one time, so long as he let him know where he’d be going in advance. When his son got back he planned on giving him a light talking to and warning him about the kidnappings that had taken place. He contemplated whether he should tell Violet or not, fearing that the news might scare her.

coded by natasha.

Last edited:
Michael Jones
Where: home
With: Reiia silver Reiia silver (Amelia); PixieDust PixieDust (Cathy)
Mentions: Kikimura Kikimura (Hyun)

k2cIOsf.jpg
Mike was rarely the last one to rise; he was usually awake at the crack of dawn to ensure that everyone had their assignments down at the station. However, the slew of recent kidnappings had changed all of that. The department had quickly intervened and launched a county-wide investigation, which turned his usual routine upside down. As part of his duties, he had to remain at the station to oversee the proceedings, resulting in long hours. He hadn’t crawled into bed until nearly 3 am the night before. An early alarm wasn’t an option for this morning.

Nevertheless, he still had a responsibility to the people, and he would need to drag himself downtown sooner or later.

And so, after a quick shower and shave, Mike finally emerged from the bedroom and wandered downstairs to the kitchen. As he approached, he was mildly aware of the low drone of the television, though he couldn’t discern details from this distance. That was just as well. A text message on his phone soon caught his attention, causing him to stop on the lower landing.

It was from Katie, the receptionist at the station, who also served as the small precinct’s lone dispatcher. She highlighted an incident that occurred at Officer Kyeong’s residence; a potential kidnapping that resulted in an arrest. Hyun had taken the perpetrator downtown for questioning.

Was it a lead in the ongoing investigation?

Mike pursed his lips and returned the phone to his breast pocket. Katie had done well to inform him of the incident. He had intended to join Cathy and Amy for breakfast, but this new development demanded his presence. A quick cup of coffee would have to do at this juncture. He knew his wife and daughter would disapprove of his brisk departure, but he mentally promised to compensate for the trouble. Perhaps a dinner? A movie? Or what about a weekend trip to the shore?

“Mornin’,” he murmured hastily as he considered his plan, formulating the final details in his mind before breaking the news to his family.

However, he lost his train of thought when he caught the tail end of Amy’s discussion. Something about a crush she had at school—and wait. Was she asking Cathy how to… flirt? He hadn't expected this conversation to kick off his day.

“Would I know him?” Mike intervened before Cathy could reply, watching his daughter’s reaction out of his peripheral vision as he crossed to the coffee pot.

Cool Text - Casey Ginger Rosales 436122887599926.png
ωнєяє: Living room
ωιтн: daddy 1 ( twinkie twinkie )

Casey was glad when her daddy picked her up as she snuggled against him, it didn’t take long for the girl to get calmed down. Ginger happily followed the two of them downstairs, she walked over to sit on the couch. “Yes, I is sowwy Daddy…. I fowgets….” She said as best she could reaching her hand over to Casey and gently rubbing her arm. “I behave….” Casey was happily sucking on her pacifier again, refusing to allow her father to put her down, she loved being held. “Can we watch t.v?” Ginger looked up at her dad and smiled at him, she was not too affectionate, so it was probably nice to see her so tender with her sister. Casey was still a little sniffly, but she reached her hand out towards her, she did not talk much and instead she chose to express herself in affection.

𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬:

Lydia was not one who liked to show emotions, so the way she was acting was very out of character for her. This also made her glance over at her youngest, more worried about how much this would affect him more than it would her oldest son. After all right now she really felt like Lucas deserved everything he was getting, she couldn’t believe that he was okay with missing classes. Then again did she really even know her son?

She heard what Sammy said and she smiled at him, nodding her head and felt really bad that she had made more time for Sammy either. It wouldn’t be long before he was a teenager as well, she dreaded the whole idea. “Of course, I’d be happy to take you to school! If you want, I can start doing that more often?”

A sigh escaped her lips as she heard him talking to her, she pointed her finger towards him about to tell him to watch his tone and then decided against it. “I think that’s a good idea, son…. “ she had this knot in her stomach as she was worried that even if she drove him to school that he may leave the school as soon as as she dropped him off, she couldn’t stay there all day after all she had to work. “I appreciate your willingness to cooperate, I was hoping…. “ why was it so hard for her to ask her boys to spend some time with her, was it because she knew she could get rejected because she did pick work over them a lot.

“Nevermind, just get ready for school!”

Lucas Saunders
The Skater Boy
The Saunders Residence
Unemotional albeit tense
"So much for a good day."
interactions

Lydia and Sammy

His mother's emotions being on display was something that Lucas certainly wasn't accustomed to seeing, at least to this extent. He watched her interaction with Sammy, the concern evident in her eyes. While a part of him acknowledged that he’d made a mistake and was at fault here, he often wished deep down that his mother would look at him with the same level of care as she did with his little brother. In Lucas’ direction, it always seemed to be a look of disappointment, even if it was usually a result of his own actions. He soon discarded that feeling, further suppressing his emotions as a default response. He didn’t much like thinking about how much his and his mother's relationship had soured over the last few years, but part of the reason he hadn’t bothered working on his behaviour was that he was pretty sure she had already given up on him.

As his mother sighed and looked as though she was going to speak to him again, Lucas almost held his breath for a moment as he anticipated having to take more of her scolding. To his surprise, she stopped herself before the negative words came out. He detected a sense of resignation in her voice with what she had decided to say instead. What she did begin to say caught his attention due to the fact that he very rarely did anything worthy of praise, but his mother soon cut herself off again. Verbally hearing that she appreciated his cooperation felt odd and all Lucas felt he could do in that moment was nod in response, but he was glad the scolding didn't continue.

The moment Lucas’ mother let him off the hook he immediately began leaving the room to be alone for a moment. “I’ll be ready in five,” he said quietly, gently patting his little brother’s shoulder as he walked past before finally leaving the kitchen once and for all. He wished he had never walked in there to begin with. Now his chest hurt for reasons he couldn’t describe, and he’d have to deal with returning to that hell-hole of a school for a while whether he liked it or not. He unsurprisingly hadn’t done any of his homework for today, but that was the least of his concerns. He defeatedly lumbered up the stairs and into his bedroom, scanning the room in search of his backpack and finding it about sixty seconds later without anything inside. “Fuck..” he muttered under his breath in annoyance, starting to pack it with all the things he needed - besides homework, of course.
coded by natasha.

Sammy Saunders

Sammy grinned at his mother, he wasn’t necessarily surprised that his mother would drive him but it wasn’t exactly expecting it. He answered in a chirpy tone “I’d love that!” He frowned realizing he mispronounced the V sound in love. He fiddled with his fingers for a second and watched his brother and mom.

He wasn’t sure who he should take the side of. On the one hand he was worried about his brother missing school, why would he want to in the first place? On the other hand why did their mom care when she never bothered to check in on him before. In all he felt somewhat stuck in the middle. He didn’t like his brother being sad that always made him in turn sad. He bit his nail and made his choice of who to follow.

He quietly followed his brother upstairs. He stood outside his door and didn’t go in at first. He pressed his hand against the door leaning in slightly. He spoke softly “Uhm, Lucas are you upset? I’m sorry mom got upset at you, at least we get a free ride to school?” He knew what he was saying didn’t help but he also didn’t what to do so he just tried to make the situation slightly better. He rocked back and forth on the bottom of his feet.

Tyler Lynton
den godhjärtade charmör
Lynton Residence
Feeling neutral
Wants to help out

Tyler had woken up that morning feeling the warmth of the sunlight filtering through the curtains as well as the natural rays of light shining on his face. His alarm wasn’t due to go off for another five minutes. Still, he hazily reached for his phone that was somewhere underneath the covers and cancelled any upcoming alarms before scrolling through social media to wake himself up. Not wanting to get too distracted by the app, Tyler tossed his phone to the side and sat up with messy brown hair, yawning one final time before getting out of bed and changing into a plain black shirt and grey sweatpants.

When he was dressed he grabbed his phone and made his way into the bathroom where he began to get ready for the day ahead of him. After freshening up for a few minutes he snapped a quick photo in the bathroom mirror and posted it to Instagram. Having recently joining the school's football team, he had started talking to a new group of friends that could best be described as the popular group; home to athletes, rich kids, class clowns and those with an adept ability to be liked and respected by most of the school without even having to think about it. Before you make any assumptions, Tyler wasn’t at all like anybody in that group. Yes, he was handsome and knew how to kick a ball, but that was it in terms of similarities.

He was a fairly quiet teen who truly cared for those around him which could not be said about his newfound peers. On top of that, he was thoughtful and awkward and grew up gaming, writing stories and doing sketches of the prettier things in life. Despite it being obvious that this new group of friends would probably bully him if he let his true self shine, Tyler just wanted to fit in - even if it hurt him in the process. He wondered if his mom would be concerned about the type of people his new friends were or just happy he was attempting to come out of his shell for once.

After making the post, Tyler slipped his phone into his pocket and made his way downstairs and into the kitchen where he found his mom, his little brother and his same-age aunt who honestly felt like more of a sibling to him. The first thing he noticed was that Blake’s hair looked as though it hadn’t long been wet. Last night he thought he had heard the front door opening and closing, but until now he assumed it had just been his imagination. Because of this, Tyler wondered if Blake had snuck out last night when it was raining, but he wasn’t going to say anything about it in front of Rachel, even if he was a good kid - above everything, he just hoped that Blake was feeling okay.

“Morning guys” Tyler greeted as he walked in, a slight smile on his face as he was happy to see his family. The only person missing from the room at that moment was his dad, Isaiah, who he had an unimportant question for. He walked over to Blake and Caden first and waved at his little brother with a big smile on his face, laughing softly with Blake at the infant's insane levels of cuteness before turning to look at Rachel. "..Want me to make breakfast today, mom?" the teen asked after a few seconds, picking up that she looked a little on the tired side this morning and wanting to help out in any way he could.
coded by natasha.

tyyy_ler
crescent court

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

16 likes
tyyy_ler
mornings.

chad1hutch hope to see you at practice again today my dude 🏈💪
View all 3 comments
12 minutes ago
code by low fidelity.

𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬:
Lydia loved both her boys, although understanding Sammy was a little bit easier and if she was honest, he was an easier child all around. More than anything she wanted that connection with Lucas as well, although it didn’t seem like that was going to happen. Lydia nodded her head when Lucas said he’d be ready soon, there was a hint of sadness with all her thoughts.

After the boys had gone upstairs, Lydia took out her personal phone and began to speak to her assistant. “I’m going to need a new work phone, but new rules. No, calls before 9 am and no calls 5 pm, understand me? No, if there is a problem it can wait, just like for any normal person. Listen I need to focus on my boys! Why can’t you understand that?! I have made up my mind!” Lydia was speaking rather loudly, the boys probably could hear her more emotional then they ever have. “If the everything I worked for falls apart, so be it….. I can’t mess up with my boys, they are all I have….”

She hung up the phone as her emotions were getting the best of her, this was something she always tried to hide. She looked at herself in one of the mirrors and she wanted to smash it, she was not proud of the person she had become. Still she tried to hide all of these emotions she was feeling before they came down or maybe they saw?

“Come on, boys! Let’s go!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back