• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I See That Bad Moon Rising

Jon left the station early for the day, calling off sick for the rest of the afternoon and headed straight for home, back to his wife. There had been trouble when he'd got in that morning, three bodies found by the creek, still working on IDs for them all but the moment Jon had gone near them he'd smelt it. The stench of his own kind all over the place and it had sent him into defense mode immediately. "Babe? I'm home!" He called out as he stepped through their front door, taking his boots off and hanging his jacket in the hall. For all intents and purposes him and his mate had slipped into the small town life seamlessly and part of him enjoyed it. The other part desperately missed being part of a pack. He wandered through the house until he found her in the kitchen cooking and slipped his arms around her from behind smiling "Mmm... Smells great." He murmured, half forgetting why he'd come home in the first place, just for a minute.

Carmen walked through the front door of the new place, carrying bags of groceries and flanked by the two younger females of the pack, "Start putting this stuff away. I'll get to work on dinner soon." She told them, setting her bags on the counter and then went to find her mate, wandering through the house and out the back door, finding him out there with the teenagers while they practiced their hunting skills with Jonny "EZ..." She called to him softly, stepping over to him and slipping her arms around her alpha tightlu, "We just got back." She murmured smiling. They were fairly new to being pack leaders for now and they'd been wreaking havoc all over the country as they moved from town to town but after searching this place, she had decided that this was where she wanted to call home. She didn't want to be moving around anymore and she was hoping they could find a way to settle down "The town is really nice... Quiet." She murmured smiling up at him

Max stood in the kitchen making some lunch for herself and for Jon as well though she had planned to take it to him. She leaned into him when he came in and smiled some "Hey handsome, what are you doing home?" She asked softly. Being in the small town had been good for her after they had lost their pack. She had been wanting to bring up the thought of trying for a family again but she knew after they lost their first pregnancy Jon was scared, but she felt it might be the right time.

EZ looked over at his mate and smiled widely pullimg her in close to him "Hey gorgeous." He said happily before pecking her lips a few times "Mmm yeah I can tell, I like it here too." He murmured while he gently swayed with her. He had come of age to split off from his original pack a few years ago and started his own pretty quickly. Even though he was Alpha he was still young and naive about a lot of thing. One thing he knew for sure though was he wanted to finally settle down with his mate and start expanding their pack and their family.

He frowned a little and shook his head. “Called off sick.” He mumbled, smiling when before he could even continue her hand was on his forehead and he gently took her wrist. “I’m not sweetheart, I’m fine... but there’s a problem... There’s a pack that’s moved into the area and they left their dead meat in plain sigh by the river.” He muttered. They’d run into packs as careless before and it never ended well. “I need to find where they are and speak to their alpha.” He murmured, rubbing her hips gently. “I just want you to be careful okay?” He told her, kissing her forehead.

carmen smiled and nodded as she swayed with him on the porch. “They found out leftovers down by the creek this morning.” She told him. “We have to start being more careful if we want to stay put.” She reminded him. “Because I know you want pups and I’m not going to raise children moving around.” She told him, putting her foot down about it a little.

Max frowned when he said he had called off sick and quickly turned in his arms placing her hand on his forehead. She gave a sigh of relief when he said he really wasn't sick but she felt her stomach drop when he explained to her there was a new pack in town "A new pack? Jon do you think they'll try to hurt us?" She asked quietly letting a few tears fall as her fear started to set in.

EZ gave a heavy sigh and nodded some "I know...just got a bit carried away last night." He murmured while rubbing the back of his neck. He leant down and kissed her softly after she mentioned pups and smiled some "We'll get it handled okay? And once we're fully settled we can start on expanding."

"No, no I don't think they're looking to come near us honey." He murmured, kissing her forehead and keeping her close "I highly doubt they even know of another were presence here but I will speak to their alpha when I find them." He promised, rocking her gently, "What you making?" He asked her, trying to distract her a little, keeping his arms around her while he shuffled them forward and lifted the lid of the pot on the stove.

Carmen smiled some and nodded "Uh huh... You and Jonny need to rein it in with the teenagers babe, teaching them bad habits." She murmured, pecking his cheek, "I'm gonna go lay down for a bit okay but I'm doing fajitas for dinner." She told him, pecking his lips and gently ran a hand down his front "I'm gonna hold you to that promise." She told him, turning to go back inside and up to their room feeling a headache coming on

Max took a deep breath and kissed him gently before she made her way back to the stove "Your favorite steamed dumplings." She murmured softly leaning into him a bit "Jon what do you think about starting a family again?" She asked softly while she turned the heat on the stove down.

EZ gave a nod and sighed heavily "Mmm will do babe I promise." He murmured kissing her gently "Rest well okay? Let me know if you need anything." He murmured before he made his way to help the teens

She smiled a little and got changed into comfy clothes, throwing her hair up into a messy bun and curled up under their comforter to take a nap, sleeping for just ten minutes before her dreams took a turn for something more sinister, her headache getting worse and eventually it was waking her up again at the same time she heard EZ coming into their room, looking up at him frowning a little "I had another one." She mumbled, sitting up a bit and holding her head frowning.

He smiled some and kissed her temple, going to grab a beer when he heard her question "I... Are we really ready for that?" He asked her quietly, turning to look at her again as he shut the fridge door.

Max frowned and gave a small nod "I...I would like to try again. Its been nearly 9 years Jon. I want to have a family with you." She murmured putting the food on plates and sat at the table with him. She sighed softly kissing his hand gently.

EZ came in quietly after he was done teaching and frowned seeing how concerned Carmen looked "What was it about this time?" He asked going to her and sitting down kissing her temple gently

He frowned and opened the beer, leaning back a little while he watched her, mulling it over in his head "Honey I almost lost you and I..... I can't ... I can't see you go through that again if it happens and I can't lose you either." He mumbled, "I want a family with you but the process terrifies me." He told her gently.

She frowned looking up at him and reached for a bottle of water, "It wasn't very clear... There was another couple there though.... I don't think they were the threat... but I don't know.... You were taking part in a alpha's trial.... I don't know where.... it wasn't great." She mumbled frowning "I'm sorry, none of that is helpful but it was so blurry." She mumbled, rubbing at her head and holding onto him

Max gave a heavy sigh and nodded softly "I know when we lost the first one....it...it was hard. We've got a good thing here, we're happy here. We could raise pups here and be happy." She said but frowned when she saw the serious look on his face

EZ frowned some and handed her the water bottle while he listened to her. He gave a heavy sigh and kissed her forehead gently "We'll just be extra careful. Keep a look out for everything." He murmured

She frowned some and nodded holding onto him, sneakily pulling him to lay next to her and wrapped her legs around his hips "Hmmm... Guess you can't get up now." She smiled at him some, snuggling into his arms. "Stay with me til I have to go do dinner?" She asked him, kissing his chin.

He sighed quietly, not saying anything for a while before looking at her again "Give me a month... Let me find this other pack and see what's going on before I give you my answer.... Can you do that?" He asked her gently, reaching across and taking her hand in his and giving her a sympathetic squeeze.

Max nodded softly and gave him a sad smile "Yeah...I can do that." She said softly before she started to eat. Once they were done she went to wash the dishes kissing his cheek gently "When are you gonna go look for them?" She asked quietly

EZ chuckled and wrapped his big arms around her kissing all over her face "Oh I guess I can stay here." He said happily nuzzling his face in her neck

He stood up after a while, going to be next to her and dry off the ones she'd cleaned "Tomorrow... You wanna go catch a movie tonight?" He asked her quietly, "If we bump into anyone I can tell them I'm feeling better." He suggested, not wanting her to be all cooped up in the house even with another pack around.

She smiled some and shook her head "You spoil me." She giggled, running her fingers through his hair at the back of his head, "Don't ever change." She smiled, her headache still lingering as she drifted off to sleep with him again

Max smiled softly and gave a small nod "Yeah that sounds nice, maybe we could get some dinner too." She murmured while she turned to face him "I love you." She said softly before she kissed him lovingly "You know, I'm liking this beard you've got going on." She murmured

EZ chuckled softly and kissed her gently "I promise not to." He murmured holding her close and letting her stay in his arms while she slept.

He smiled some, setting the last dish down and the rag, lifting her up onto the counter and gently laying his hands on her hips "Hmm... Maybe I'll keep it around." He murmured, kissing her gently, "You kow how much you mean to me?" He askd her, lifting her chin to look at him.

By the time she woke up again her headache had disappeared and she was all snuggled in close to her man, smiling to herself a little and she watched him on his phone "You wanna keep me company while I do dinner?" She asked him, reaching over and rubbing his chest gently, "How were the boys today?" She asked quietly.

Max smiled happily as he placed her on the counter and kissed him gently while wrapping her arms aroumd his neck "Mhmm I do...but tell me again." She murmured softly

EZ looked over at Carmen as she woke up and nodded some giving a smile "I sure can. The boys were fine, slacking a bit but other than that they were fine." He murmured

She nodded a little and got up, stretching out and glanced over at him, "Maybe they need a day off sweetheart." She murmured to him, going to get some comfy shorts on and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

He smiled some, rubbing circles on her hips "You are everything to me. You tell me we need to leave this town and I'd start packing." He told her seriously, "You're my home."

Max smiled softly and kissed him lovingly "And you are mine Jon, you are my everything in this world and I would do anything for you." She said quietly pressing her forehead to his and closing her eyes.

EZ nodded some and got up changing into some basketball shorts "Yeah I guess so." He murmured before he followed her down to the others "So I was thinking we go to town again tomorrow. I wanna see everything."

She nodded and smiled "That would be good, I spotted a little furniture store and I wanna get a couple lamps for in here." She told him, heading into the kitchen and smiling some hearing the boys all playing on the Playstation in the living room. "You thinking a few people or just us?" She asked him.

He smiled just standing there with her and kissed her forehead before his phone started ringing and he groaned a little, answering it and rolling his eyes some, assuring his deputy he'd be back in tomorrow and he wouldn't have to handle the triple homicide by himself. "Alright. Tomorrow then Norm." He told him and hung up smiling at Max again "Poor guy's not dealt with a murder here... What movie do you wanna see?"

EZ shrugged some "No just us, I want some time with you." He said happily kissing her gently "We can get lunch and make a date of it." He murmured

Max gave a nod and shook her head some "We gotta make sure they don't kill more people." She said softly to him. They had been what other would call 'vegans' for a while now. They never hurt people, they only ate other animals. She shrugged some "Im open to anything you pick."

She smiled some and turned to face him, wrapping her arms around him and pulling herself up to wrap her legs around his hips, "Mmm.... That sounds perfect." She giggled, kissing all over his face. Over the past couple of months they'd hardly had a moment alone together and when they were it was either discussing her visions or sleeping, they hadn't been able to spend any quality time with each other.

Jon smiled and nodded "Alright.... They're showing the Empire Strikes Back." He told her and pecked her cheek, going to get changed into joggers and an old t-shirt, heading out with her and to her car, not wanting to take the cruiser into town.

Max smiled happily and followed him out after she locked up the house "I love you babe." She murmured holding his hand as he drove to the movies "Remember our first date?" She asked laughing lightly. It had been the movies as well and she remembered how nervous he was during it, they had mated that night and he was still a nervous wreck for the first few months of their relationship.

EZ cupped her butt and held her to him smiling some "Good." He murmured before he kissed all over her face as well sighing happily "How did I get so lucky huh?" He said softly as he placed her down so she could start cooking.

HE chuckled some shaking his head "What was it, Jurassic Park?" He smiled and got in the car, "Hey I knew I mated with you but I was freaking out cause you never said whether you'd mated with me." He chuckled quietly, rubbing the back of his neck out of habit.

Carmen smiled and climbed down again, getting started on dinner, "You just got to me before my second mate could." She winked at him. "I wonder how handsome he is." She teased, getting the stove top heated up and dinner started, about to put the seasoning mix in when it dropped out of her hands and the bowl smashed on the floor, her hands going to the sides of her head and she dropped like a deadweight to the floor,crying out as the pain ripped through her head and all she could see was flashing images of what was to come

Users who are viewing this thread

Back