• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern i searched the universe「 closed 」

pasta

gogo dancer
summary: alternative universes can't even hide their love.
a mxm rp between pasta & A Thousand Rivers

Cha Yoon Jae

Cha Yoon Jae // twenty-four // male // homosexual // soccer player + studying architecture // height: 180cm
"What are you even talking about?"

- Han Ye Jun -

Last edited:
Cha Yoon Jae

Yoon Jae pulled a cigarette from the box before shoving the box into his back pocket. He placed the stick between his lips and lit it up with some fancy-decorated lighter. The male inhaled the smoke, and let it flow into his lungs before pulling the cigarette away. He only smoked when he was stressed. Something seemed off with Ye Jun, and he wanted to find out. Sighing, he flicked the ashes off of the cancer stick.

One minute he was happy, and the next minute he was a mixture of furious and heartbroken. Yoon Jae knew it was selfish to want his boyfriend to stay, but he couldn't just let him break up with him like that. Days and nights were going to become long and lonely, and he couldn't allow that. To walk out of his life like that; it was cruel, heartbreaking.

“Are you breaking up with me? You can't just do that to me,” Yoon Jae spoke with a slight hint of desperation in his voice. He couldn’t believe it; all these years, flushed down the drain. His bright sun had betrayed him; turning quickly into the dark and scary night. Well, if the sun also decided to rip his heart out and stomp on it. "So suddenly? No, you've been acting weird all day -- Were you planning this?"

What a cliche day for breakups; it was a cold, wet night. The crisp air nipped at his exposed skin, but he chose to ignore it. Anger was the only thing he could feel in that moment. The passing cars only fueled the flame inside of him. He was hurt and confused. Of course, he had to be the reason for this.

"Why? Huh? Are you embarrassed by me? Did I do something wrong?" His shoulder slumped as he fell defeated. His brain was gracing him with a conclusion after conclusion. He swore if that man even uttered the words, "It's me. not you." He'd have to fight to stop himself from smacking him. That would prove that he was the reason, and he was the problem.

"Ye Jun, is it because you don't want to date a man?" He asked, his voice finally beginning to calm down. Homophobia was a big issue in Korea, yes, but he never thought it would pull them apart. Had the media suddenly swayed his boyfriend to make stupid decisions? But, he doubted he could call him his boyfriend anymore. He tossed his cigarette towards the pavement before squishing with his shoe. No, it wasn't fair to litter or take his anger out on a cigarette, but he didn't know what to do with himself. "Is that it? Shame?"
A Thousand Rivers A Thousand Rivers

- Han Ye Jun -

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the shelter of the night, two individuals stood in front of each other. The street seemed to quiet down, as each word sank
into the air as a heavy thud into their chest. Han Ye jun watched the other take a drag from the cigarette. The red embers glowed
brighter in contrast to the dim light. White smoke curled from his lover's lips. His pair of dark eyes appeared helpless and tired.
Yet despite the other's plea, he couldn't respond. The words he wanted to say and the words he didn't want to say, were lunged
in his throat like a burning charcoal.Ye Jun's adam's apple bobbed. He took in a shaky breath as he reluctantly tore his eyes away
from the man.

He glared at the road. Glared at the path that forced him to see how incapable he was. Glared at the world that mocked him and
made him feel such despair. Ye Jun was tired. And as much as he loved Cha Yoon Jae, he was no longer confident with himself. He
didn't want to make the man he love suffer through his misery. He doesn't want to be the one to end up lashing at him because of
a bad day. He doesn't want to be the one to say sorry and I love you to cover up the fact he was incompetent. Nothing was working
out in his life. He doesn't want to...disappoint him anymore than he already had. Everything was just...disappointing. He was...

His lover protested and yelled. He threw the cigarette to the ground in frustration, all the while asking whether he was ashamed
of him. 'No.' But the words couldn't come out. He knows how the other thinks. He's probably thinking it was his fault. An anguished
expression appeared on his handsome face. Ye Jun finally opened his mouth. "I never regretted going out with you." Although the
words seem nice on the surface, they still had the meaning of separation.

"I was happy to be with you. I'm glad it was you who I loved." He swallowed down and took another deep breath. "Cha Yoon Jae,
let's break up...okay? Since when did we last laugh together and meant it?" He let out a bitter smile. In the end, he wasn't resolute
enough. He was a pathetic man that didn't have the confidence to holdhis hands. Yet he also wasn't strong enough to let go of him.

Han Ye Jun, are you still a man?

His hands clenched into a tight first. His gritted his teeth, forcing himself to put on a hard face. He will be firm this time. He's been
thinking about this for a while now, he can't just go back anymore. He hated himself. Angry and heartbroken.

Last edited:
Cha Yoon Jae

The words leaving Ye Jun's lips were leading up to confirm Yoon Jae's suspicions. He was speechless. How could he trust the man's words? He was probably trying to let him off easily; trying to pad his words.

He lowered his gaze as Ye Jun nailed the final nail in the coffin. Just like that, it was over. Sure, he had a point when he brought up their last genuine laugh together. But, maybe that was because they were going through a rough patch. He was desperate to hold onto something to fix the mess; there was nothing.

"If that's what you want," He muttered bitterly. The male dragged his hand through his hair before looking towards the street. He couldn't manage to meet Ye Jun's eyes. His now ex-lover's hard gaze felt unfamiliar and cold. And, if he met the other's orbs, his glossy eyes were sure to become faucets. "I love you." It would probably be the last time he could say that to him. And it felt awful.

He couldn't go back into his apartment and witness all of the moments from their relationship captured in picture frames. It would be torture. Hell, he didn't want to look at his phone for fear of seeing pictures of them. 'Remember the good moments' didn't occur to him. It would just remind him of the 'good' moments they could no longer create. Their relationship was cut too short. So where was he supposed to go?

"I don't know if I can ever forgive you." He regretted those words as soon as they poured from his mouth. But, he couldn't take them back; they were an exaggeration of the truth. He was acting incredibly selfish, and he knew it. Their relationship was in the rocks, and trying to keep it alive was useless. His protesting was worthless, and it wouldn't make his beau's mind change.

Yoon Jae slipped his arms through his leather jacket. Blubbering to a stranger seemed more appealing than doing so to Ye Jun. Would the man want to hear him cry to him about their breakup? He decided he'd leave to get a drink rather than endure this any longer.

Sighing, he abruptly walked towards the road, looking from side to side before stepping onto the paved road. To be fair, he didn't have to look both ways. The street's activity was close to none. The people residing in their homes had shut down for the night. They were probably bothering the residents who were under the Sandman's sand. Unlike the broken up pair, the night was quiet and calm.
A Thousand Rivers A Thousand Rivers

Last edited:
- Han Ye Jun -

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Han Ye Jun's eyes reddened. His lashes fluttered as he stood motionlessly. His limbs seemed to be made of lead. He clenched
his jaw tighter as he faced the other way. "I love you." The other man said. Ye Jun almost let a sob escape from his throat. His
body shook with pent up grief. 'Yoon Jae', if he could just call out to him, then maybe he wouldn't feel so miserable.

[I'll always love you.]

His heart ached as he received another blow. "I don't know if I could ever forgive you." Ye Jun slowly breathed and closed his
eyes. He didn't want to be forgiven. Even if he would later become someone Yoon Jae hated, if could still be part of his heart,
then nothing else mattered. It was selfish, but if he could remember him once in a while...who was he kidding? Why would he
think of him? He'll find another lover and find a new happiness.

The other sighed, almost mockingly. Then, he turned his back in front of him and started walking away. Cha Yoon Jae is leaving.
Han Ye jun let his Yoon Jae walk away. His lips frowned as it trembled. He should have kept his eyes closed. Yet they were wide
open. He tried to look away. He's done a good job of doing that this entire time. Why so suddenly. However, he couldn't tear his
eyes away. His lover was going to disappear from his life. One step, two step, five steps...his body moved on it's own.

Ye Jun felt like a mechanical puppet. He couldn't control himself as he quietly followed his lover's back from a distance. Yoon
Jae crossed the street. He was probably going to a bar and get drunk. When he drinks he starts talking about everything. Will
he find another man to talk about his day? Will he talk about his break up with him? Will be take that man home?

He didn't have the right to worry much less question anything. He suddenly felt very tired as he watched the handsome man
who suddenly felt so far away from him. His footsteps faltered as his vision blurred. A white blinding light flashed on his side.
"Cha Yoon Jae..." He whispered. If he just turn back one last time. Just one more time, look at him. The world turned sideways
as if the earth was spinning in an endless direction. A car hit him. "Beeeeeeeeeep-" The vehicle crushed on a lamppost. Ye Jun
had a far away look on his face as he reminicinsed the first time they met. Tears fell from his eyes as a vague figure ran to him.
"I'm sorry for being so selfish."

[God, please give me the strength to always hold on to him.]

pasta pasta

Last edited:
Cha Yoon Jae

A New Universe --

Yoon Jae's mother had a beauty/fashion blog, which he, of course, helped set up. She's obsessed with youth fashion, specially k-idols airport fashion. Now, he was forced to become her model for male clothing. All the clothes she picked out were too fancy for him. He preferred to keep his clothes simple, and not attention-grabbing. His mom claimed her outfits dull colors wouldn't garner too much attention, but he begged to differ. A lot of his friends teased him with how it felt to have a mother who knew more about social media and youth fashion than he did.

"Do you know how to stand still?" The woman sighed as she propped up her phone. "This is important." For a few moments, she was silenced pressing a few things on her device. "Ah, I think I did remarkably well on this outfit." She paused for a few moments as her smile grew. "Wear stuff like this more often. You look more presentable in clothes like that, and maybe you'll get a date. I'm sick of seeing you alone."

"Mom, I'm not the male lead in a drama," He chuckled as he adjusted the white button up. Lately, his mother had been pushing him to find someone new. Probably because his last boyfriend was over three years ago, and it ended due to dishonesty. But, he decided to focus more on studying rather than dating. His final year of college was coming up in the fall, and maybe after that, he'd start seeing someone.

Rolling her eyes, his mother finally started the video. After rushing to introduce herself and her son, she began to describe the outfit. "Material on this shirt is a little bit thinner than usual, meaning it won't be too hot to wear. The gray pants match well with the shirt. Duller colors don't pull too much attention to your body, but they make you look presentable." Taking a second to breathe, she pointed down to his feet. "The white converses make the look more casual, and they don't look out of place. If you're in doubt about what shoes to wear with a casual outfit, I recommend picking either white or black converses."

"Bye!" She waved towards the phone before running over to end the video. "Ooo, I think people will enjoy that one."

"People always enjoy your videos. I've read the comments," Yoon Jae remarked before walking past his mother to pick up his backpack. It was true. His mother had gathered quite the audience, and even students from his college watched them. It could be pretty embarrassing when a random female classmate questioned when he didn't dress as nicely as he did in the videos. "That's my mom's style, not my own. I'm just the model."

"Mom, even kids at my school watch them. I've had plenty of people come up to me to compliment you," He added as he fumbled through his bag in search of his phone. "I mean, at the same time they criticize me for not dressing like I do in the videos."

A sweet laugh escaped the woman as her eye-smiles became visible. "You see what I mean? They think 'ah, that Cha Yoon Jae kid is so handsome in the videos, what happened?'" She teased. A Thousand Rivers A Thousand Rivers

Last edited:
- Han Ye Jun -

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________​

"Cha Yoon Jae..." He whispered weakly. His brows were tensed and furrowed. His eyes roamed rapidly under his closed eyelids before
they suddenly opened. His dark eyes revealed a mixture of despair and urgency. The moment seemed to last, as he was too immersed
within the memories. At the background, his phone was ringing out an alarm for the morning. A minute passed, then two, until he settled
back into reality. He shook his head in confusion. Everything seemed too real, too raw. He brought his hands to his face, only to realize
that his face was wet. Ye Jun was shooked. He had been crying? The last thing he remembered was breaking up with his lover.

His lover? Cha Yoon Jae? Since when? He kept shaking his head in denial. Both denying the memories, and denying the fact he broke
up with him. The emotions he felt overwhelmed him. He couldn't not think about the way the other person looked at him, and how
he pleaded at him, how he yelled at him. There were so many things he wanted to say. The things words he wished to say, and the
words he hoped he didn't have to say, were stuck in his throat like a ball of barb wire. Why did he let him go? If he loved him so much,
then why did he leave? Han Ye Jun gasped for breath. His sobs growing louder, as the wall of pent up grief broke open.

His phone rang, but he ignored it. By the time he came to, he flipped through his added memories again and again. He replayed the
scene and couldn't help but be more convinced that everything was true. Although he realizes that none of those happened in his
lifetime, his felt it in his heart that it was real. For the first time, his soul seemed quake as he yearned for that man. "This doesn't make
sense." He said out loud. He combed up his hair with his fingers. He scanned his room, and walked around his apartment. Everything
was were it should be. He's been living in this apartment for more than a year since he graduated from college. "Jamais vu."

He stepped into the bathroom. The mirror stood in front of him, exposing his haggard eyes. His gaze was wild, as they contained a
sense of loss, alarm, and bewilderment. He had the same face as he had the day before, yet he wasn't the person the day before.
Everything was the same, yet it wasn't the same. All that should be familiar, were now foreign to him. It felt as if he was dreaming
his entire life, and he finally woke up. What had changed?

For the rest of the day, he avoided talking to or meeting with anyone. He didn't want to look at the people he had grown close to
just to realize to himself, 'Who is this?' One thing for sure, he has to find that man. "Cha Yoon Jae..." He whispered again. It couldn't
be counted how many times he said that name out loud. It was as if saying his name was a magical spell that would ease his mind.
Thankfully, he had a day off today. If he were to have had this weird experience any other day in the week, he'd miss work and get
scolded by his boss. He paused. Scolded? With what boss? It's not like he had any person that supervised him in the company.
Other than the director, who is above him, what boss had the power to humiliate him? He'd like to see anyone try and scold him.
See how he'll deal with them, he thought arrogantly. "Too strange, too strange." He shook his head again.

His phone rang once more. This time he picked it up to look at the caller. It was Jae Su. It looked like he had ten missed calls and
twenty-five text messages. Most of them were from a girl named, Jisoo...his girlfriend. The girl that used to make him smile no
longer moved him. He didn't bother looking at the messages. Jae su probably called him because Jisoo asked him too. She was
probably upset, and later worried when he didn't respond. They were supposed to be on a date today. He forgot. More
importantly, he didn't care anymore. Jisoo called after Jae Su's call didn't went through. This time he answered.

He made a decision.

"Ye Jun?" She asked surprised thinking he wouldn't answer again. "Nn," he sounded. "What happened? Why didn't you message
me back? I was so worried. Are you okay? Were you not feeling well? Do you want me to head over there and take care of you?"
He knew the girl meant well, but he just doesn't feel the same anymore. He's being unfair after being shaken for one day, but
anyone who knew him knows he's not the type to dwell on something bothersome. He's the type to plan ahead, and to things
that can't be helped, he would handle them when they came. That's right. The other him should have just held on and trusted
himself. Why was he so weak? That's the one he understood the less. "Jisoo, let's meet up. I want to talk to you."

pasta pasta

Last edited:
Cha Yoon Jae

The subway was a little too crowded for Yoon Jae's liking. He was packed into between an older man and a younger woman who awkwardly glanced over at him every few seconds. Perhaps that was due to his outfit; the same outfit his mother forced him to wear. Maybe his mom was right; the kpop airport fashion would get catch him a lover, but then again, he wasn't looking for a lover.

Wrapped around his face was a white surgical mask to protect him from any viruses being passed around. He despised being sick. Any ill feeling took away his will to do anything. The subway could be a gateway for phages to pass from human body to human body. It irked him. By all means, he wasn't a germaphobe, but at the same time, he wasn't okay with sipping from the same glass as a friend. You'd have to be substantially close with him to get him to sip from the same drink as you.

The underground train came to a stop, and almost immediately the college student stood up. He was finally free from the numerous viruses floating in the air. The male gently stepped onto the platform before pulling the mask down past his chin and taking a deep breath of fresher air. His shoes clicked against tiles as he approached the escalator.

The soft buzzing emitting from his pocket pulled him from his trance. He placed the smartphone up to his ear and listened to the person on the other side. "Yeah yeah, I'm almost there. I just got off of the subway," He explained. A soft chuckle escaped him as he listened to his friend tease him for losing a bet. "Hey - you guys need to go easy on me. I'm not made of money. I get I lost the bet, but you can't waste my money."

"Alright, I'm going to go. I'll see you in a little bit." He pressed the end call button before shoving the phone back into his pocket.

Yoon Jae stepped off the escalator and hurried towards the exit of the building. He was running late for his "payment" dinner with a few of his teammates. A long exhale of breath escaped him as he thought about how much money he'd lose. He had to feed these three males' huge, athletic, not to mention, expensive appetites. Not only was it food he was supplying, but also soju. But, maybe he should've thought of that before agreeing to the stupid bet.

He approached the restaurant. With each step, he became slower, and slower until he stopped. "Ah," He breathed out as he looked through the large window. The three men sat at a table and already begun grilling the meat without him. He decided he'd enjoy the meal and worry about the price later on. Stepping into the building, his teammates faces turned towards him as they brightened up.

"Why are you guys eating without me? Have you forgotten I was going to pay?" He joked as he took his seat.

"You were late," One of them chuckled as he flipped the meat over. "We were basically starving." A Thousand Rivers A Thousand Rivers

Last edited:
- Han Ye Jun -

Han Ye Jun gave off a distant presence. His warm eyes were solemn, his body language was firm, and even his usual playful
smile have disappeared. Jisoo understood. She smiled with a sigh. "It's over." It wasn't a question. She shrugged lightly, as it
was bound to happen. Whether it was him or her, sooner or later, with their stubborn characters, the relationship would
become messy. She loves him true, but she doesn't love him that much. In fact, they're better off as friends. "Friends..." She
wrinkled her nose with a tiny smile. It was cute. "I'm a cool woman so I'll let you off. From now on, Ye Jun is no longer my
baby." He sighed gratefully. She wasn't a bad woman. She made him smile, but she was like a little sister.

"I'll treat you to dinner, how about that?" He finally smiled. They were sitting at a cafe. The atmosphere was light and cozy.
Jisoo shook her head. "No. More than that! You owe me breakfast, lunch, and dinner! I want a full course meal. I want
Chinese, Korean, Italian, American, Thai, Vietnamese, and...and...macaroons!" Since the moment he had spoken, she had
played it cool. But now, she was a little emotional. It was still upsetting. He wasted her time. Her round black eyes became
misty. "I won't let you off." She frowned. Ye Jun nodded in defeat. Instead of clothes and jewelry, she ate up his money from
visiting different expensive restaurants. He quietly looked at his wallet and made sure he brought enough money.

They talked a bit more and headed to a restaurant. She wrapped her arms around him and smiled. "Since you owe me,"
she poked his chest, "you'll be in charge with finding me a rich and handsome boyfriend." He coughed. "So soon?" He was
truly thankful that she was a good woman. Although she acted cute, she was charismatic and cool. Please let me call you
big sis, he thought playfully. "You can try Jae Su, he's free." A host led them to a seat and then a waitress came to take
order. He narrowed his eyes as she started ordering all kinds of dishes. "Nope, too obedient." Jisoo continued to order.

"Can you finish all that?" He had on a ridiculous face. "Watch and learn." She leaned back against the chair and smirked
smugly. "Then, what are you looking for?" It was his turn to order. He looked up at the waitress and smiled. "Can I have
this please? Also, would it be possible to remove the bell peppers?" The woman nodded and wrote it down. "Thank you."
He refocused on the conversation and looked at her. She frowned for a moment, then sighed. "If possible, someone that's
cheerful, easy to get along with, has no bad habits, isn't picky with food, can give fluttering feelings, and someone that
won't ditch me on a date without saying anything. All this time and you still haven't told me what happened. So, tell me."

That's true. He talked to her seriously and eased her into a breakup without confessing what had happened. However,
can he honestly say, 'Yeah, I already have a lover in my heart that I have no idea who. But I want to be serious with him
and try to make up for my past mistake. By 'my' I mean someone who wasn't really me, but is me.' Do you know how
confused he already is much less try to explain it to her? He took a sip from his drink. His slender finger traced the shape
of the glass in deep contemplation. "I just woke up and thought, who are we kidding? Jisoo, I'll be honest, I am swayed
by a man." His voice was low and magnetic, soothing her ears. She really hated the fact how he was still so charming.

"So you're gay?" She raised an eyebrow. Was she supposed to be happy they didn't breakup because of her, or cry that
he found out he was gay when he was with her? His eyes fleetingly glanced at her, then back to his surroundings. He
swallowed thickly, trying to adjust himself. "I'm not gay...I think, cause I still like girls." He honestly opened up to her,
believing that she would be open-minded. If this was anyone else, he would be careful to say anything. An awkward
moment passed. "You're telling our parents we broke up. And you're on your own with the aftermath." She crossed
her arms and no longer paid attention to him. His stomach was in knots. He still felt a sense of unease and urgency.

The two parted ways light heartedly. His thoughts briefly landed on his parents, before hurryingly dismissing it. He's
no longer a child, and has long since moved out of the house. The matter of his life, and his happiness, is only decided
by him. Plus, he's already proved himself with his achievements thus far. In any case, he didn't want to think about it.
"Cha Yoon Jae," he tasted the name in his tongue. With the numerous times he chanted that name, he's become quiet
familiar with it. He has to find him. He took out his phone and closed his eyes. He rapidly filtered his memories. What
is his phone number? Once he memorized the digits, he dialed the number. He took a deep breath to gather some
courage. "The number you have called is no longer in service..." He hanged up.

pasta pasta

Cha Yoon Jae

Yoon Jae slightly leaned towards the table to cut the sizzling beef laying across the grill. Using the scissors, he cut them into small enough pieces for lettuce wraps. A soft smile appeared on his face as he got a whiff of the cooking meat. He always enjoyed hanging out with his friends at places like this. The open environment struck him with confidence and made him talkative, or maybe it was the soju. But, unfortunately, he wasn't going to allow himself to drink. He was too far from his apartment to indulge in alcoholic toxins.

He did once get on the subway intoxicated after a crazy college party. To say the least, it was embarrassing; he got into a fight after a few strange glances and comments. He awoke the next morning with a bruised eye and slightly bloodied lip. It was a warning to not linger his gaze on a stranger anymore.

"Yeah, where were you?" His friend questioned as he poked around at the food, obviously thinking hard about what to eat first.

"I took a nap," Yoon Jae sighed as his gaze scanned over the array of dishes. What was supposed to be a catnap ended up as a short-term hibernation. He had turned into a chipmunk sleeping in the depths of the frigid winter. "I didn't get much sleep last night," He explained while rubbing the back of his neck. "Stressed about the big game."

"Same, man. Coach is stressing it to the moon." His teammate complained. "Seriously, it feels like he's forcing us to do more at practices. He's been shouting a lot too."

Nodding for a few moments in agreement, the student's eyes returned the pieces of meat on the grill. "Ah, looked at that," He gawked as he tapped his metal chopsticks against the tables to straighten them out. Holding the lettuce in the palm of his hand, he placed a nice chunk of steak onto the wrap. He accompanied the meat with a few grilled vegetables before closing the wrap-up. After popping it into his mouth, he worked on making a few more. "After this, we should get cold noodles and then fried chicken."

"You know, that's adding to the bill you have to pay."

"Well, I've given up," Yoon Jae chuckled. "I think we all need to stress-eat." It was true; all four men expressed their distaste for the upcoming game one way or another. It was their last game of the season, and they felt obligated to win. A Thousand Rivers A Thousand Rivers

Last edited:
- Han Ye Jun -

He stared at the screen of the phone. Pinching his fingers, he tried again. "The number you have called is no longer in service-"
He ended the call. A deep sigh was heard. The sun quickly hid behind the horizon, letting the moon resurface into the sky. As
he wandered through the crowded streets, light posts flickered on and multiple faces mingled together. How can he find him?
He messed up his hair and concentrated on the distance. He can still vividly recollect the image of that person.

He himself doesn't understand his singular focus on that man, Cha Yoon Jae. Who is he? Where is he?

His dark hair, his black clear eyes, his cute smile when he was trying to be sly...if he just close his eyes, Han Ye Jun felt like
he would see the other as soon as he reopen his eyes. But whenever he does, the man never reappears. He alone was stuck
with the memories of him. He had never felt like this before. He had never felt so sure, yet so uncertain. His beating heart
pulsed loudly. Each beat was loud and clear, reminding him that someone out there knows its rhythm. His heart flushed new
hot blood throughout his veins as a lingering ache gripped his chest.

The crowd lessened, a quiet hush falling upon the sidewalks. His feet carried him to an unknown path. Without thinking,
he made his way down the road. It was a strange. His body carried him through twists and turns. After turning right on
a corner, he arrived at a residential district. In a steep incline, a line of houses sandwiched amongst each other, as it
climbed to the peak. "Where is this?" He doesn't remember living in that neighborhood, yet he felt he had arrived
home.

[Han Ye Jun...]

A soundless voice called out to him from the depths of his mind. His deep brown eyes darted throughout his surroundings.
There wasn't a single living thing around. "Who..." He took a step forward. Then, a stabbing sensation twisted in his chest. It
took his breath away, like a punch expelling the air from his lungs. He gasped for breath, as a flood of emotions assaulted him.
"I'm going crazy." He mumbled to himself. "This is crazy."

[Welcome back.]

He staggered back and rushed back to the business district. He blinked his eyes in ignorance. He doesn't understand anything.
The pain that won't go away took his reasonings. He can't remember why, yet as soon as he felt like he had arrived home, a
sadness like he hadn't felt before washed over him. It drowned him. He closed his eyes to try to find some peace. Cha Yoon Jae.
He can't find him. Conflicting thoughts argued loudly in his mind. "Why is this happening?" It caused him a headache, but that
didn't matter for long. He couldn't hear himself anymore. He covered his mouth. Tears fell one after the other. His red eyes were
lost and unsure. He leaned against a wall and cried. He tried to suppress his sobs. However, the more he tried to calm down,
the more he unexplainably lost more control.

Later, he went back to his apartment. He felt exhausted. He had no energy left. He shook his head and tried to sleep it off.
Unfortunately, he wasn't that lucky. That night, he was hammered with more emotional turmoil. His dreams and memories
merged together. No matter what he did, he couldn't escape. By sun up, he was already awake. His eyes glared at the world.

pasta pasta

Cha Yoon Jae

The sound of chirping birds and honking horns drew Yoon Jae awake. He reluctantly opened his eyes when it became apparent he wouldn't be falling asleep until night greeted him once again. He was mildly disappointed; he had a pleasant dream. It was some fantasy world where all his problems vanished, but now he was in the real world.

Squinting his eyes, he sat up from his tangled sheets and dragged a hand down his face. Everything felt a lot hotter than it did the night before, but summer nights were always a lot cooler than the daytime. He kicked off his comforter and tossed the bolster pillow to the side. The memories last night blurred together in his tired mind; he couldn't remember whether they went to a karaoke bar afterward, or if that just happened in his dream. But, he knew it'd come to him when he woke up more.

He grabbed his phone from his end table and slid his slender fingers across the screen. He looked through his messages. A frown appeared on his face as he found nothing new appeared beside a teammate thanking him for the meal. "Disappointing," He breathed while shoving his phone into the pocket of his sweatpants.

Yoon Jae left the comfort of his bed and ventured into his tiny kitchen. He craved something to sate his current hunger. His lack of options forced him to choose plain cereal. "I need to get groceries," He thought allowed as he reached into the cabinet. Buying groceries would be quite tricky especially since he spent his entire paycheck on the previous night. He'd pick up a few things rather than an entire list.

A familiar ringtone hit his ears as he was pouring the milk into the cereal bowl. He set down the milk carton and fished his phone from his pocket. "Hello." He greeted as he held the phone against his ear with his shoulder. "Coach wants to meet up today?" He sighed as his tired eyes shot into glares.

Their coach had a tradition before final games. It was sort of like volleyball's hell week. Honestly, Yoon Jae thought the older man had forgotten about it. He didn't mention anything about it for weeks until now. "Ah, why all of the sudden?" He complained as he searched for a spoon. "Ya know, he probably just remembered. I thought I was going to have a relaxing day."

"Maybe I'll break my leg," He joked. "Wait - no, then it'll actually happen." He carried the bowl over to his couch and took a seat. A Thousand Rivers A Thousand Rivers

Last edited:
- Han Ye Jun -

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________​

He took a quick jog around the neighborhood prior work. Although he felt reluctant to go, he has to resume normal activities.
Hopefully, it will calm his unease as he dive into work. Maybe being busy will do him good. He looked in the mirror. He styled
his hair and neatly adjusted his suit, skillfully forming a knot on his necktie. When he finished, he gave a final check.

Han Ye Jun was downcast. Last night was too tiring. It had been a struggle for him as more memories added into his mind. The
excess information gave him a migraine. It was truly mentally taxing. Thus, all efforts were focused on handling the memories
carefully. Each miniscule detail was recorded explicitly. From Cha Yoon Jae's past, to his likes, his dislikes, his family, his work,
and it even extended to his habits with how he liked the dishes done. His memories were biased towards the man. In that case,
he has no complaints. He's curious of him, and admittingly growing to yearn the reality of him.

CK Corporation was a well known company that focused on consumer goods and technology. It prioritize quality over quantity
and has been praised over it's regulation and efficiency. Currently, it stands as one of the top 20 company in South Korea. Even
talks of a new branch in America has become a common topic in discussions. Ye Jun works there as a corporate manager. Due
to his noticeable skills, he quickly skipped into his managerial position despite his young age. Although, compared to the director
he's still wet behind the ears.

He briskly walked across the lobby. He swiped his identification card to the entrance barrier, and passed through the guards.
He gave them a curt nod as he proceeded to the elevators. "Good morning, Manager Han." The receptionist greeted warmly.
He lightly smiled then stepped into the elevator among a group of other individuals. "Good morning, Mr. Han." They sounded
one after the other. He remained polite and replied back courteously. "Good morning, everyone."

He didn't bother to continue with small talks. He knew what half of them has to say behind his back. With praises and success
comes with envy and hate. There's no small amount of people eagerly waiting to quickly drag him down to the ground.

The elevator stopped to his floor. He gave them a slight bow, then continued to his office. His assistant has already arrived.
"Good morning, Manager Han. I hope your day off has been a pleasant rest. Please receive these recently arrived documents
concerning the upcoming strategic plan for the new season." His assistant was a soft waisted woman in her thirties. She bowed
politely and smiled professionally. "Don't mind the constant courtesy." He waved his hand in a gentle dismissal. "Give me my
schedule for the day as I look over at yesterday's work. Did anything come a miss? Also, have you checked with the rest of
Logistics Department about the plan?"

The day was quickly spent. As night arrived, so did the buried feelings from the day. His lips twitched. After work, he pondered
over his current state and organized his feelings. First and foremost, he has to find him. Ye Jun arrived to the neighborhood he
previously came to yesterday. Yoon Jae and the him in his memories, lived a busy yet happy life. Since he worked during the days
as a company worker and his lover worked during the nights as a bartender, their quality time was minimal and almost scarce.

He climbed the steep incline and headed towards a nice apartment building. It had three floors, and he lived on the second
floor. If the memories doesn't deviate too far from the reality, Cha Yoon Jae should still be living in the same apartment.
It was close to his workplace and to the apartment where his mother lived. Han Ye Jun steeled himself. He realized he was
being completely inappropriate but he was too anxious to see him. He could have visited him in his work, but he felt it
was too soon. It wouldn't be too appropriate since it was 'that' type of bar. He'll eventually get there one day. But not now.

He knocked on the door.

pasta pasta

Cha Yoon Jae

"Worst meetup ever," Yoon Jae complained as he stepped into the elevator. They were forced to do extra hard stretches and exercises. Beside him was the team manager; she was the only female on the team. Rumors surfaced she got the position because she was the coach's niece, but she denied them; saying she tried just as hard as anyone else. She was an amazing asset, and she took her job very seriously. The only problem was her lack of empathy for their version of hell week.

She lived in the same building as him, and every day they went home from school together. They had grown quite close, and he considered her a valuable friend. She complained to him about boys, he whined to her about meetups; it was the perfect match.

"You say that every year. Besides, it wasn't that bad." Her laugh overpowered the generic lift music. She turned towards the mirror in the elevator to fix her fringe. Gently she slid her fingers through her short hair before looking back towards Yoon Jae. "I don't know why you're whining." Her straight brow arched and her lips tugged into a smirk.

"Easy for you to say. You watched us, and did all the team manager stuff," He mocked before crossing his arms against his chest. "God, I bet the newbies are going to be sore tomorrow and screw up the game," He threw out bitterly.

"Why are you still calling them newbies? It's the end of their first college season," She questioned as she mimicked him and crossed her arms. It was tradition to call the first years newbies even if they were well into the first season.

"Newbies until the season ends."

The elevator dinged, and the doors slid open. The pair stepped out onto their floor. After a few moments of walking, they parted ways into their apartments.

"I'll see you tomorrow," He called out as he unlocked his door, and swiftly stepped in.

For once he was looking forward to the final game; it was something about that day. It was one of those days you anticipated, but you couldn't tell why. It left him puzzled as he tried to think of what was planned that day. Nothing was planned besides a dinner with the team after the big game. Maybe he was, for once, excited for the final game. Usually, it was harrowing.

A change, but an excellent one. Perhaps it was a sign they'd win? A Thousand Rivers A Thousand Rivers

- Han Ye Jun -

"Can I help you?" A middle aged woman carrying a child to her hip asked. Han Ye Jun blinked. "Excuse me, sir?" She waved her
hands at him. He quickly shook his head and apologized, "Forgive me, it seem as if I got the wrong address. Sorry for disrupting
your night, then." He bowed and left, leaving a dumbfounded ajumma behind.

He descended down the hill. Where is he? He felt agitated and apprehensive. Yoon Jae should be living there. If he's not then is
he still with his mother? Did something happen? Worry overcame him. His footsteps halted. Cha Yoon Jae's only family is his
mother. They've supported each other since Ms. Cha divorced his father. They led a humble life as circumstances forced them
to live frugally. His mother worked three part time jobs to help sustain Yoon Jae's schooling. Even though Yoon Jae was a smart
child, his sports scholarship wasn't enough to cover his education. Eventually, his mother couldn't handle her tiresome schedule
any longer. She had collapsed while working as a housekeeper due to exhaustion.

He remembered Yoon Jae telling him about their hardship one day when they went out to drink. The two had met after this part
of his life has long passed. After Ms. Cha collapsed, Yoon Jae felt guilty and ashamed. He started taking part time jobs to help with
the medical bill and their living expenses. This resulted to him clashing with his coach since it hindered his practice hours. In the
spur of the moment, he grew fed up with his coach's nagging and quit. Without soccer, his scholarship was confiscated. He dropped
out of school to focus on working to help ease his mother's worries. When Cha Yoon Jae told him this, he recalled witnessing his
smile. It was a bitter smile. He told him he didn't regret it. But Ye Jun felt that deep down, if he hadn't felt the responsibility to quit,
he would have continued his education.

His mother cried and almost begged his coach to take him back to the team. Nevertheless, Yoon Jae stopped her. Ever since, he
worked in a club. Thankfully, he found another job and became a bartender. Han Ye Jun frowned. If his memories are correct,
then were else could he be? He felt distressed. He scratched his hair until his hairdo become undone. They messily fell over his
face. His unsettled eyes flashed sharply. Ye Jun hopped into his car and headed towards Ms. Cha's apartment. Following the
events, Ms. Cha healed and returned to work. But she could no longer convince him to resume his studies.

He drove down the hill to where his mom lived. Unfortunately, the apartment complex where his mother lived no longer exist.
The building was replaced with a parking lot. What happened!? Is this a butterfly effect? He leaned back against the driver seat
and slapped the steering wheel. Is this his punishment? When they broke up, he had a thought that maybe it would have been
better if they never met. It was a split second thought, before he had denied it. He covered his face with his hands and sighed.

In another world, where they were lovers, and in this world where they haven't met, the changes were drastically different.

pasta pasta

Cha Yoon Jae

Yoon Jae trudged towards his couch and threw his aching body onto the piece of furniture. A groan escaped him as he turned his head to look at the back screen of the TV. He lazily reached out to grasp the tv remote on the coffee table. His fingertips barely reached the device as he struggled to obtain it. Eventually, he got a few fingers wrapped around the controller and was able to bring it towards himself. After switching the TV on, he returned the remote to the coffee table.

The male sat up from his laying down position to watch the News properly. He extended his arm out to pick at a scab healing over the scrape on his knee. But, his low pain tolerance prevented him from continuing, he instantly pulled his fingers away from the injury. "Ugly," He sighed as he turned his leg from side to side, keeping his eyes locked on the wound. Well, he supposed it was better than letting it bleed and scar.

He found being alone to be dull. It was quiet enough to hear the clock's gently ticking; the TV was not loud enough to mask it. He leaned forward with one arm propped on his knee. He tapped the pads of his fingers, of his free hand, against the glass table. His gaze was glued to the news anchor as she reported; a reporting wherein a catastrophic accident occurred. Although the event was tragic, he couldn't one-hundred percent pay attention; his mind was somewhere else.

Perhaps he needed a pet to keep him company. A dog or a cat would be too large, and he doubted they'd be allowed in the building. Not to mention, the apartment was too small. Maybe something a little less big and high maintenance. A lizard? For the longest time, he's wanted a little saurian of his own. His idea was quickly dismissed; he didn't have enough money for the cage, let alone the actual lizard. "A cage wouldn't even fit in here."

Maybe he just needed a significant other to keep him company. Probably, but he was too adamant about completing school before he starts dating.

He pulled his hand away from the table and dragged it through his dark locks. What about live streaming? No, that wouldn't satisfy him. The only reason he even tried streaming was to give back to those who had found him through his mom. Besides, his streams were never anything special. There was nothing to stop him from being jaded; too late to hang out, not enough money for a pet, refusal to date.

But, this probably was what he needed. He needed to rest before the game; let his sore body heal up. He could use this dull period to figure out what he was so excited about; it couldn't be the game, and the dinner afterward was just loud. Did he plan to do something, but just mindlessly forgot about it? A Thousand Rivers A Thousand Rivers

- Han Ye Jun -

He sat mindlessly in front of the TV. As loud as he turned up the volume, he couldn't hear the news anchor's report. He felt
occupied and vacant at the same time. He was restless and fidgety. Yoon Jae wasn't in his other self's apartment. His mother
also wasn't where she was supposed to be. He even eventually gathered his courage to look for him in his job. However, the
bar was owned by someone else, and it was a restaurant instead. It was baffling. Was he crazy? Was he making this all up?

"Han Ye Jun," he sternly spoke to himself, "wake up, ha?"

"Get a grip."

Time trickled on like sands over a pin hole. Another sleepless night passed. Thankfully, he no longer had any emotionally
burderning dreams. Dark eyebags hung under his eyes. It was eye catching against his pale skin. He glanced at his
appearance with a complicated look. He looked like he lost weight due to stress this past couple of days. He didn't pay any
more attention to it, as he walked to his walk in closet.

In another world, his other self lived simpler than him. He was hard working yet overly self conscious. People underestimated
his capabilities due to his handsome appearances. Saying how he's only a pretty vase without any content. He shook his head,
instead of worrying about what other people thought, it would have been better to use it to his advantage. Not like he used his
looks to get his job, but it certainly wasn't something that could dictate a person's value. Ye Jun wore a white shirt under a navy
jacket. He tied on a blue necktie and glanced at the tall mirror by the side. Although he scorned his other self, it was a right of
his since it was also him, he was envious of the sincerity he shared with Cha Yoon Jae. His dark eyes clouded.

- - -

"Ye Jun," his lover wrapped his arms around his waist. "Back hug! Do you feel your heart flutter? If this was a drama, the world
would slow down and your heart should speed up. How about it?" Cha Yoon Jae smiled playfully. Han Ye Jun looked at him with
a loving gaze. "Have you fallen in love with me all over again?" The other laughed. Ye Jun shook his head. "You're being silly and
I will be late for work." He flicked his forehead before returning to struggle with his tie. It was his first day at his job. He was
nervous. His lover pushed his hands away and tied the tie for him. "Good luck charm." He whispered shyly.

- - -

He pressed his lips into a grim line. If he was his other self, he would have punched himself. Hypocrite. Now that he has his
memories, he would do well to take full advantage of this knowledge. In this life, he live happily in however he wants. He
won't let himself fall to that degree, confused and indecisive due to his own incompetence.

Don't leave when you still love him, stupid.

He went to work and during his break, he took a different approach in his search. It's 2018, everyone has some sort of social
media. He went to the search engine and typed in Cha Yoon Jae. He found different people with the same name, but the face
he wanted to see the most wasn't there. He sighed and frowned. A coworker peeked at him and asked, "You've been sighing
a lot lately. You look like a zombie. Minus 10 on appearance, but plus 20 for sensitive theme look." She leaned towards him
with a cup of coffee. She laughed. "Cheer up. I heard you broke up with your girlfriend. Don't worry, with your face you can
have anyone." She winked.

He sneered but still accepted the cup of coffee. She looked at his phone. Ye Jun glared at her. "Privacy!?" He asked. The nosy
woman shook her shoulders. "Why are you looking for him?" She pulled out her phone. "I didn't know you follow Cha Cha's
blog." His eyes lit up. "You've seen him? What blog?" His coworker tapped on her phone and showed him the blog. It was
Yoon Jae's mother's fashion blog. It seemed as if she lived a different life in this world. His eyes focused on the man on the
main page. It was Cha Yoon Jae, his Yoon Jae. He suddenly stood up and smiled, seemingly coming back to life.

pasta pasta

Cha Yoon Jae

During the summer, Yoon Jae worked more at his job than he usually does during the school year. His part-time job would switch to a full-time job; allowed to take days off for practice in replace of vacation days. His boss only lets him get away with it because he was a valuable and reliable employee. He had an underlying feeling that his employees hated him for the so-called special treatment.

What was their problem? It was a grocery store.

The student crouched down to stock the bottom shelf with cans. He reached behind himself to grab a few more cans from the cardboard box, neatly stacking them in columns beside each other. Eventually, he rose from the uncomfortable position and stretched his legs out. For a short moment, he admired his "skillful" stacking. But, he couldn't linger for too long with his coworkers' impending gaze. It was like they were trying to find something to get his privilege revoked. Well, it wasn't like they couldn't ask for days off; they just had to make sure to work well while in the store. Did they not see that?

He picked up the empty box, placing it into the carriage before driving it down the aisle. He stopped a few aisles down and faced the colorful boxes of cereal. They reminded him of his childhood; the exaggerated cartoons and the excessive amount of sugar shoveled into them. He adjusted the earbud in his ear before beginning to move the various boxes onto a shelf. But, he halted when he felt a soft tap on his shoulder.

Twisting around, he turned to a rather short woman and quickly tugged the earbuds out of his ears. The sound of busy shoppers suffused through his ear. He took a glimpse towards her carriage and noticed a toddler, who he assumed was her son. A smile flashed on his face before he glanced back towards the mother. "What can I help you with?" He asked as he set the cereal box back into his cart.

"Can you get that for me?" She asked softly, referring to some corn-based cereal.

"Oh, of course." As soon as those words left her, she thanked him. He only nodded and reached up for the baby blue box. "Here," He offered as he handed it to her.

Eventually, she let him continue with his work. His eyes scanned over the boxes in the shop; attempting to catch any stray box he forgot to put away. And, to his satisfaction, there weren't any random boxes. He ventured from aisle to aisle, stocking the shelves carefully and correctly. A Thousand Rivers A Thousand Rivers

- Han Ye Jun -

Han Ye Jun eagerly searched the fashion blog in his own phone. Within seconds, he had scrolled through dozens of pictures.
Within minutes, he's read different posts. His eyes focused on the information he wanted to acquire. Location.

He was amazed by the woman's success. It had been her dream to be a fashion designer in the other world. He knows because
when he visited her with Cha Yoon Jae for dinner, she mentioned about her younger days, and how she caused her classmates
to turn their heads as she walked the hallways. Ye Jun was glad this part of her wasn't diminished after the divorce and once
thriving to catch people's attention. However, this time it's not because of her face but her talent.

A fond smile appeared on his face. His coworker felt puzzled. "Are you into older women?" The question soured his mood. This
woman was just too free. "Break is almost over. Better move back to your department." He spoke coldly. "Not even a thanks?"
She gasped, not at all threatened by his manner or position. He frowned at her. They both knew she's just naturally a woman
who likes to tease others for fun, and he's not a truly a cold man. Why was he surrounded by such rotten girls?

Work was work. He made plans, calculated, edited, revised, spoke through conferences, negotiated, and strategized. As soon as
his hours was done, he grabbed his bag and left the building. A few curious pair of eyes watched his hurried actions. They looked
at each other and shrugged their shoulders. What does it matter to them what Manager Han do in his private time? They were
already satisfied just having the chance to see him everyday for work. His minifan club praised themselves for their understanding.

Han Ye Jun drove to Cha Cha's shop. It was something like a small clothes outlet, or a boutique. The display window had a
mannequin with a blonde bob hair style. It wore a unique yet fashionable outfit that emphasized youth and colors. As he made his
was to the doors, suddenly felt nervous. He straightened his hair and loosened his tie. He was still in work clothes. Should he have
changed first? But if he did he wouldn't have arrived in time. The shop would close soon after all. He fretted in his mind, but his
facial expression was still and calm. Not at all how he worried inside his head.

He stepped inside, and a bell rang on top of the door. A woman walked out from the corner, carrying a bundle of clothes hanger.
"Welcome, how can I help you?" Ms. Cha greeted with a warm smile. Her eyes were bright, and although work is tiring, it looked
like she was having fun. Her face had a youthful quality, as her skin was still well kept. Ye Jun smiled sincerely, it's good that she's
not overworking herself. "Hello, I actually came for you noona. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. My name is Han Ye Jun. I know
you're son. I was surprised to see him modeling for your shop and thought I would drop by." He took a look and nodded. "It's a
beautiful place. You've done well with the decorations." He took a familiar stance. Not wanting to let the other feel cautious, he
pointed out some things he knew she liked to talk about.

"Oh! Where are my manners?" He took out his business card and gave it to her. "Just in case you thought, I was suspicious."
He laughed carefreely. "Or! Was saying that suspicious?" He raised his eyebrows in a teasing manner.

pasta pasta

Cha Yoon Jae

(Mother POV)

Cha Jin Soo is the owner of Cha Cha's boutique. She worked had to earn enough money for the shop. All the work paid off though; once she got the shop running, it was smooth sailing from there on. Her brand was indie, but her online following was increasing with each day. She doubted she'd reach anywhere near those famous French designers, but she was determined to keep the store in her legacy.

She raised an eyebrow at the potential customer's words. "You know my son?" A smile appeared on her face; she loved meeting Yoon Jae's friends, it gave her a way to brag about him without embarrassing him, or without him even knowing. But, this boy probably knew Yoon Jae well enough; he was pointing out all the things she liked. Her son must talk a lot about her.

A business card? Yoon Jae had friends out of college who were successful enough to have business cards. She was glad to know he wasn't always hanging with party-crazed college students. The mother always worried about those type of things. Maybe the stranger would rub off on him -- Perhaps, he already has.

"I suppose it's a little suspicious, but at the same time it's very fancy," She chuckled. "Ahh, I'm surprised Yoon Jae is friends with you. I always see him with his soccer buddies." She took a short pause, and let her return into half crescent moons. "Well, it's good he has a mature friend like you. You know how college students can be -- It's worrying."

She read the name printed on the piece of cardstock. "Ye Jun?" She had never heard his name come out of her son's mouth. A secret friend perhaps? Then again, he never did speak about his friends that often. "Well, it's very nice to meet you." She held out her hand to shake with Ye Jun.

It was strange; a friend came to see her without Yoon Jae. What was the reason? Did something happen between them? Perhaps he just wanted to meet her, and that's it. He did say he was here for her. So, she decided to stay optimistic and believe him.

Jin Soo quickly moved to set down the clothes on a table; so she could express herself freely while speaking. She pushed back the stray hairs that had fallen out of her once tight bun."So, is there anything you need?" A Thousand Rivers A Thousand Rivers

- Han Ye Jun -

Ye Jun's calm demeanor and warm presence was disarming. He had a consistent attentiveness and polite manner that was
welcoming to behold. He smiled at her and nodded. "We were well acquainted." He laughed lightly. He didn't say they were
friends, but he also didn't deny it. He only said he knew him. He was internally cursing himself out. He was both a liar and a
schemer.

'I'm sorry, Ms. Cha. I don't mean to lie to you.' He felt guilty deceiving the older woman.

Quickly brushing his conscience aside, he carefully analyzed the words she spoke. Yoon Jae was still a college student. That
was a pleasant surprise. It made perfect sense too since his mom is currently thriving. Yoon Jae wouldn't have to drop out
to help with expenses. Does that mean he still goes to the same college? Ye Jun wanted to make sure, trying not to assume.

"No, I just dropped by." He made his way to the side. He didn't want to obstruct her business. "I don't need anything. I was
merely curious. En... I haven't met with Yoon Jae since I can't find him now a days. I've also been busy so we've missed each
other." Half-truths, Han Ye Jun, you're going to hell lying to this honest woman. He smiled wider, concealing his inner struggle.
"To be honest, I've lost contact with him. I graduated from S College the year before, and with work some relations just fade
without meaning to. I felt it was regrettable. Then, I happened to find your fashion blog a few days ago. Hence, I took this as a
chance to reconnect." He combed back his dark hair, chuckling innocently. Although he just found out today...

His eyes softened towards her, anxious to appear amicable and kind. As he talked, he helped her with a few items she was
trying to put up. It won't hurt to take some brownie points now. "Speaking of which, this should be his last year." He calculated
in his mind. "It's also soccer season..." A eureka moment hit him like a truck. "Ms. Cha, can you please tell me the day of their
game?" His eyes were bright. At this moment, he had an aura of a puppy. Who can refuse?

He made sure to chose his words carefully. He didn't want Yoon Jae's mother to talk about him and creep Yoon Jae out. What
if he doesn't remember him? Knowing too much, and saying so much would be an immediate red flag. He would become a
stalker! And, if he does remember him like he did, then if Ms. Cha were to say a person named so-so came to the store...
wouldn't he try to make a move? Wait, if he does remember then that means he remembers them breaking up. Would he
even want to see his face?

He kept a smile on his face. He was thinking too much it gave him another headache. Best to think about it later, he concluded.

pasta pasta

Cha Yoon Jae

(Mother POV)

Jin Soo was a little disappointed to hear that Ye Jun was a college friend. The shop owner was hoping they met somewhere other than school; she didn't want him only hanging out only with college boys. They were immature and bad influences -- but, Ye Jun did seem different. Perhaps he was always this classy. She nodded, keeping her smile stuck on her face. "Ah, I see. Well, it's good you'll reconnect. Yoon Jae will probably be excited to see an old friend."

Yes, he was different; she found his manners very charming. He was thoughtlessly helping her, and she was thankful. Her slender fingers moved quickly as she neatly folded the T-shirts. After swiftly stacking them, she moved them onto a display table. Behind the shirts was a mannequin dressed in the specific shirt. It was the same as any clothing store; the only difference being Jin Soo's creativity.

The woman turned towards him after she hung a dress on a rack. "Soccer game..." She thought for a few moments. "Tomorrow," She answered. "I think it's at two." She paused for a few moments. "So, his school year ends before the winter break, right? Haha, it's been a while since I was last in college.

So, that means it's his last season?" She frowned. "That's not fun. I bet they'll win. His class always seems really determined." It was true; Yoon Jae had pointed out one night, years back, how determined the boys in his year were. He even joked he was scared of messing up in front of them. "Mom, I swear they're stricter than the actual captain. They're not newbies at all."

It was the ending to Yoon Jae's last full season of college soccer. She doubted he had acknowledged that yet because he didn't want to ruin his mood. Since the school year ended in the fall; he wouldn't be able to join the next season. Jin Soo knew how much he adored his "soccer family" and leaving them behind would be tough. Deep down it was heartbreaking. But, she assumed he'd finally accept it after his final winter break.

"But, that means a new chapter," She replaced her frown with a smile in an attempt to stay optimistic. "He'll finally be able to test out what he learned in school." A Thousand Rivers A Thousand Rivers

- Han Ye Jun -

Han Ye Jun smiled. The two chatted for a while more until he had to leave. "Have a good evening, Ms. Cha. I wish you all the
success and happiness." He grinned and waved goodbye. He hopped in his car, gave another small wave, and then drove off.

Tomorrow he would go to S college. He would finally meet the man in his dreams, his memories. A heavy weight of longing
and yearning pushed down on his heart. He sighed. It would be good if tomorrow came soon. Mr. Cha said that the game
will start by two in the afternoon. In that case, since it's a Friday, he can ask for an early leave. He'll leave an hour before so
he won't miss even a minute of it. He planned on what to do and checked his schedule.

Once he arrived home, he went over his laptop and finished all the documents he needed to prepare for the morning's meeting.
As soon as he finished, he worked on other materials so he could get ahead start to his tasks the next day. When it was ten in
the night, he was already in bed to get some beauty rest. He wants to look his best tomorrow. Ye Jun felt excited, and for the
first time since he'd been haunted by the memory of the other, he felt relieved. His body relaxed and he received the sleep he
hadn't had for the past few days.

He woke up before the alarm rang. He made himself breakfast and took a shower. Everything felt surreal. He was gonna see his
lover today. A goofy smile tugged his lips. He was in a good mood and he won't let anyone ruin it. His body felt light and the dark
eye bags under his eyes had disappeared. His whole demeanor had changed overnight. Not a hint of crankiness could be found.

"Good morning, Manager Han." "Good morning, Secretary Kim." "Good morning, Manager Han." "Good morning to you too, Lia."
His coworkers smiled at the slight changed in him. Although in work he still had a firm face on, he was responsive unlike the
usual. "I think the Manager is in a good mood." A woman gossiped. A man nodded at her in agreement. "It's kinda scary." Ye
Jun walked to his office and rapidly went through different documents. He quickly finished briefs, meetings, and conferences.
Everything was done efficiently and instantly. His assistant pushed back his glasses in amazement. "So this is was a man on a
mission looks like." He whispered to himself. Once one in the afternoon hit, he stood up.

Ye Jun smiled at his assistant and said, "I'm off." His assistant could only nod as he dashed to the garage.

pasta pasta

Users who are viewing this thread

Back