• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern I need more than your Photograph

Max got up quickly and followed the nurse back taking a deep breath "Thank you." She whispered. She gasped when she saw him and whimpered going straight to his side "What happened?" She asked them quietlyn

She frowned and looked over his chart for her. “He had a stroke that caused a cardiac arrest. He was full code for over an hour ma’am.” She explained. “We’re gonna keep him sedated for a few days, run some tests and keep a close eye for complications but you should know… he’s really got about a 20% chance of making it the next 24 hours. I would start making some calls just in case.” She told her quietly

Max looked at her in shock and took a shaky breath "I uh....okay.." she whispered before the nurse left. She took another shaky breath before she broke down in sobs trying to wrap her head around what happened. She called Jamie first to tell him since he still had the babies.

Jamie frowned when the phone rang. “Hey.. everything okay? I tried calling Joe but he wasn’t answering, Max what’s wrong?” He asked her gently hearing her crying.

Max cried softly and shook her head some "He had a stroke Jamie....we were getting coffee and got stopped by paparazzi and fans. I told them to let us go but...it was too late. He had a stroke and then went into cardiac arrest....they said he coded for an hour." She whimpered before falling into more sobs.

He frowned and tensed. “I’m coming down there you don’t need to be alone… is he alive?” He asked her quickly as he got shoes on.

Max took a deep breath and nodded "Yes he is alive. No please stay with the children, I'll be okay." She said trying to assure him but her voice was wavering

He shook his head. “Jess is here. I’m on my way.” He promised her, hanging up and explaining everything to jess before heading up there quick as he could, making it into joes room half an hour later, seeing they were just now putting him on a ventilator. “What’s going on?” He asked her quietly.

Max looked at Jamie and whimpered more "He just stopped breathing on his own.." she whispered before breaking down as he felt his arms go around her.

He frowned and just held her tightly, rocking her gently “Did anyone ever come and explain what his test results were after all?” He asked her frowning.

He just nodded and frowned some, rubbing her arm gently. “Let me get you something to drink. Don’t worry about the children. They’re doing great okay? You worry about him.” He told her gently going to get her a drink and brought it back, waiting outside when he heard her talking to Joe, not wanting to interrupt.

Max gave a small nod and looked at Joe squeezing his hand gently "I love you Joe, so very much." She whispered before taking a shaky breath "If....if you need to go, I...I understand. I don't want you in pain anymore." She whimpered before breaking down hiding her face in the side of the bed.

Once he was sure she was done he came back in and gently placed the drain next to her, taking a seat. “I’ve just spoken to Greg. He’s gonna coordinate some security for the room.” He told her quietly. “Last thing you need is some stranger walking in here cause they know it’s Joe.” He mumbled.

Max gave a nod and sighed heavily "Thank you, were the babies doing okay?" She asked softly trying to keep herself occupied in some way

He nodded and frowned. “Yeah… Rory isn’t a fan of Jess too much but they had some cuddles and now they’re all good.” He chuckled quietly. “She’s a fire cracker like her mum that one.” He told her.

They pulled him out of sedation after the three days like they said they would but it wasn’t until another few days later that he started waking up, coming around slowly but surely to an empty room

Max walked in from using the restroom and went wide eyed seeing Joe awake "Joe? Joseph, baby?" She asked before pressing the call button repeatedly "Can you hear me darling?"

The first thing he was aware of was the fact he couldn’t move. The second was maxs voice and the third was that he couldn’t talk, just staring at her and looking confused.

She frowned deeply and quickly pressed the call button again. She smiled softly and kissed his hand gently "Baby don't worry, we'll get you better."

He just kept frowning at her until the staff came in and she was moved away from him for the next couple of hours until he’d been propped up with pillows and she was allowed back in. He was a little feverish but he could hear them telling his wife that he likely wouldn’t ever get much better than this, completely ignoring him, even stood with his back to Joe while he was talking to max.

Max frowned deeply as she got back into the room shaking her head some. "You will talk to me AND my husband." She said sternly before moving to sit with Joseph. She took his hand and gave a heavy sigh "Is there anything we can do to help him get better? I'm sure there must be something. Look this happened because your people decided to take nearly 4 months to give us test results! And I still have yet to see those damn results!"

He shook his head. “Once he’s strong enough we can get him in physio to try and regain a little movement but it’s unlikely that the speech will come back. And I will see about getting you those results.” He told them, leaving them to privacy after that while Joe groaned and tried to grab at her hand but his fingers were just slightly flexing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back