• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern I need more than your Photograph

He smiled mouthing a thank you at her, talking to his mum once she had calmed down and could have a civil conversation, finally seeing her leave to get to work and then he fully relaxed. “Mmm you gonna be sad if I go to sleep? Nurse wouldn’t let me stay asleep last night.” He grumbled laying an arm across her legs as he started drifting off.

She stayed quiet the rest of the time so he could talk with his mother. Once she left Max gave him a small smile and nodded "Of course my love, you may go to sleep." She murmured softly as he dozed off against her.

He smiled tiredly, drifting off and staying asleep for most of the day, even when her phone started ringing loudly on the side table with her moms number.

She frowned when her phone started to go off and quickly answered "Hold on real quick." She said softly before getting up and making sure not to wake Joseph. She stepped into the hall and gave a heavy sigh "Hey mom...listen there has been a change in plans. Joe is really sick right now, he had to have brain surgery and won't be able to fly for atleast a month." She explained quickly

She frowned and listened to her. “What? What happened? Tell me this isn’t on purpose to avoid meeting the family.” She muttered. “Maxine are you sure he’s the right one? It’s just every time I talk to you there’s something wrong.” She sighed frowning when she could hear her start to cry on the other end

Max frowned deeply shaking her head "No...no mom of course not. He almost had a stroke!" She said taking a deep breath and started to cry down the line "He is a good man. I can't believe you're being like this. Wouldn't you have done the same for dad?" She said sniffling as she calmed herself down "I love him. I love him more than anything."

She sighed a little and just shook her head. “I certainly hope he’s good to you.” She sighed talking to her w little longer before hanging up

Joe was awake again and staring into space, frowning, reaching for her. “ g head hurts.” He grumbled a little.

Max sighed heavily as she continued to talk with her mother. She went back in to see Joe and smiled seeing him awake "Let me call the nurse." She said softly pressing the call button to hopefully get his pain killers.

He frowned just looking around the room and looking back at her again. “Shall we get married in vegas while we’re over there?” He asked her smiling a little and reaching for her.

Max shook her head and laughed a bit more "No, no not Vegas." She said moving to sit with him kissing him gently "Definitely somewhere nicer."

He hummed in response, frowning again after a minute and once the nurse came by to give him some painkillers, asking him to get sat up to take them. “Uh… slight problem there.” He mumbled.

Max got up when she heard the nurse come in. She frowned a bit when she heard Joe raising an eyebrow "Whats wrong?" She asked quietly

He frowned and looked out the side of his eyes to see her. “I can’t move.” He mumbled, “I can do my arms a bit.. and my face…. Nothing else is moving though.” He frowned Gerri f a little worried

Max frowned deeply and took a shaky breath. She hadn't realized he hadn't moved, she thought it was just from him being tired. Took a deep breath letting a few tears fall "Can you feel anything?" She asked taking his hand in hers "Can you feel my hand?"

He frowned, concentrating. “A little bit. Not like normal though.” He mumbled, frowning when they ended up having to move him to be sat up between the two of them and he was finally allowed the paracetamol before his nurse rushed off to go get help. “Babe I can’t move.” He told her again, starting to feel the panic rise in his chest.

Max frowned more and helped him get sat up. She nodded softly and frowned more "Baby don't panic okay? They're going to make you better." She murmured kissing him gently cupping his cheeks gently "You stay calm looking at me."

He frowned and watched her, “Don’t panic? I can’t move.” He whimpered looking up at her scared, looking over when they came to check on him and were quickly taking him for an MRI assuring max it was likely only temporary and not to worry.

Her mother frowned when the phone went again and sighed. “Did you forget something?” She asked her frowning. “Sweetheart what’s wrong?” She asked concerned hearing her crying.

Max took a deep breath following them to the room. She sat outside and called her mother sobbing as she finally broke down "He can't move.....he can't move!" She sobbed taking shaky breaths.

She frowned and sighed quietly. “Oh sweetheart I’m sorry… is that permanent or?” She frowned sighing a little not really sure this was the right guy for her.

Max shook her head some and took a deep breath "They're doing an MRI now to see. Oh mom...he doesn't deserve this!" She sobbed just wanting him to be okay

She sighed a little. “I hope he makes it then.” She muttered, “darling I need to go okay?” She told her, eventually managing to hang up right before they were bringing him out anyway.

“Fluid build up. Small procedure. Be back in a bit.” He mumbled to her, watching her a little.

Max quickly wiped her eyes as they came out "Okay thank you." She said softly kissing Joseph's head gently before she went back to the room to wait. It was another hour when they brought him in. She took a deep breath but smiled softly at him "Is everything okay?" She asked the doctor

He nodded and smiled at her. “Yes, all good, he’s just got a couple more nights here before you can take him home.” He told her “We’ll get him up and walking around in a bit.” He told her, leaving them to it while Joe just frowned, shifting around a bit and trying to get comfortable again

Max nodded softly and thanked the doctor. She smiled and get a relieved sigh seeing him moving around "How are you feeling my love?" She asked softly as she watched him.

He frowned and watched her. “A little freaked out.” He mumbled, “I just wanna get home.” He told her quietly, sighing a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back