• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝐢 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠

Characters
Here

Park Hye-Sun
Mood:Stop overthinking
Outfit: Here
Interactions: weldherwings weldherwings

She just admitted to Sehun that she was scared of thunder, she wasn't sure why she did that it wasn't like telling him would take her fear away and knowing Sehun it wouldn't be like he would comfort her, he didn't seem like the type of guy that would do something nice so you wouldn't feel scared she thought that he would be more the type of guy that would only roll his eyes and say that she shouldn't be scared like if it was the simplest thing to do.

When Sehun started talking on a broken way Hye-Sun started realizing that maybe, after all, Sehun did care about her being afraid of thunder, but he was just too awkward to know what to say, but knowing that he cared about her made her happy, she thought that he was going to be the type of person that would only give Hye-Sun a pat on the shoulder so when he held her hand it took her by surprise, she could feel his big hand covering her small one, and also how his hand was calloused but also extremely soft at the same time, and especially how he held her hand not too tight but also not too lightly, this gesture just put a dumb smile on Hye-Sun's face.

“Don’t think too much into this.” And just like that the small moment they had was broken, wait were they even having a moment, to begin with? This is why Sehun told you not to think too much into what was happening Sehun was just being nice to her, there was nothing going on and it didn't mean anything both of them were still friends and he was just helping a friend in need, right?

She followed him as they continue to hold hands and exited the store anyone that would see them would think they were just another regular couple, that was going out for a walk, but they were not a couple and it wasn't been too long since they became friends again, maybe this was getting too much into her head and that was something she shouldn't overthink he was just being nice and nothing more.

So, how’s your boyfriend?” Hye-Sun was confused by his question, what boyfriend was he talking about? She didn't have a boyfriend or at least she wasn't aware she had one, that's when it hit her, the night when Sehun was drunk and she was on a date "Oh, you mean Jae-Joon? He is not my boyfriend, we had gone on a couple of dates and he is really nice and everything but I'm not sure if we are really compatible to be a couple" she replied, why was she explaining all of this to Sehun, she could have easily said, that he wasn't her boyfriend and leave it like that.

Was she really pushing the fact that she was still single in front of Sehun, that was kind of lame he didn't care about it he was worried about himself and not getting in trouble "He won't hurt you, he won't be around here to be honest, so you don't have nothing to fear. So, where are we going? You lead the way " she said trying to change the subject of the conversation.

Code by Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy

ryu sehun

Holding hands was… different.

I mean, sure, Sehun had had a girlfriend before. Her name was Song Yi Joon and they had dated for three months. Her father was the CEO Chairman for a company that sold fitness vitamins called Plexum, and Yi Joon so desperately wanted Sehun to meet her family. After all, the pair of them wanted to get beyond holding hands and kissing. But they also wanted to make sure that the pair of them were in the right relationship before going ahead with it.

Well, their parents didn’t approve of him because he was a farmer boy from a poor village, with an unstable income. They wanted someone who was already rich or grew up managing businesses so they could take over the chairman position when they finally outgrew it. And so, they broke up all because her parents told her to do so and she obeyed them. Sure, it had been eight years since they had broken up. But the pain from his first love had been something that stayed with him, and it was evident through his art pieces.

Sure, he just assumed that Hye-Sun was one of those girls who had been in relationships in the past. I mean, she was so bright and cheerful. She was a doctor too. Any parent would be blessed to have their child date a girl like her. So, when she said that Jae-Joon wasn’t her boyfriend – that they weren’t compatible to be a couple – a thought ran through his mind. What did Hye-Sun expect with compatibility? I mean, she said the guy was nice and they even went on a couple of dates. So, what made her turn around and tell him that he really wasn’t her type to date?

The second thought that ran through his head was why the hell did he care? Clearing his throat awkwardly, he simply nodded at her statements in regards to this past date of hers. I mean, sure, it was confirmation that Hye-Sun was single and available but what the hell was he going to do with that information? He was a thirty-year-old virgin who was going through chemotherapy and balding. There was nothing attractive about that. And, yeah, he wasn’t interested in her that way. Right? Right… Yeah… Right. Hell, Hye-Sun hadn’t even bothered to ask if he had a partner himself. This whole time he could’ve had a girlfriend in some other country. All she had asked about was his family. Wait, why was he getting upset that she was yet to ask him about his own dating experience? Ah, this was getting too confusing.

Hearing her change the subject, Sehun gave a soft chuckle under his breath. “Home.” he responded. “I’d very much so like to get my dog. And to maybe hibernate for the next twenty years so I don’t vomit on anything again. And if I feel up to it… maybe paint a little bit. I have to get another three canvas’ finished off before-” he paused for a moment. Was he really about to tell her that he had to get it done before his art show?. Well, that wasn’t going to happen. After all, the only people that knew that he was Agape was his brother and his manager. And he wasn’t going to change that. “Uh… before… my next chemotherapy session. I mean, I don’t… have to but… I would… like to.

Ah yes. What a save.

mood i need a nap

location seven eleven

outfit see pic for reference

tag Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy

Park Hye-Sun
Mood:Can we just go inside?

Why was she overthinking everything? Sehun was just being nice to her is not like because they were holding hands they would start dating, they weren't kids that when you hold the hand of the guy you liked you already were dating just to break up after the recess was over and they would just continue their life playing together and moving on to the next kid of the class. If life could be this simple Hye-Sun wouldn't be having a crisis inside her head.

It wasn't like it was the first time she had ever hold the hand of a guy, sure she didn't have that much of experience when it came to relationships just having one official boyfriend when she was 16 and just some couple dates after that, which never happened to become something else. But, why holding Sehun's hand was making her feel so uneasy? Was it because it was an unexpected action or was it because of their history of I like you, let's be friends to I don't like you anymore we can't be friends to let's be friends again, she was sure it was that, there was no way she was feeling because she liked Sehun, she didn't have feelings for her just like he didn't have feelings for her, they were just friends

With that thought on her mind, she turned her head slightly to see Sehun and started wondering what kind of girl would Sehun liked? She was sure that he loved Leon more than anything else in the world if he had to choose between Leon and her, Hye-Sun would have already been dead, he was also really reserved and seemed to be alone most of the time, so she couldn't really picture him on a relationship, maybe he was into that kind of girls that acted really cute all the time and wanted to be babied most of the time, no that wouldn't fit Sehun he would have already gotten annoyed with that kind of personality, maybe he was into older women who were more reliable and would baby him and be more like a mother figure, sure that fitted more into Sehun's personality. What if he didn't like women at all? There wasn't anything wrong in being gay, Hye-Sun would accept him either way, maybe his ideal type was not even a woman, to begin with, and here she was overthinking everything.

She was getting curious to know more about the love life of Sehun, not because she was interested in him, not at all, she just wanted to know more about him and friends talk about their personal life including their love life. Her thoughts were interrupted when he spoke at her question where they were going "Home.” he replied, of course, they were going back home it was about to start raining at any moment and here she was thinking they would go somewhere else, she felt so dumb at that moment.

Why was she overthinking everything? Sehun was just being nice to her is not like because they were holding hands they would start dating, they weren't kids that when you hold the hand of the guy you liked you already were dating just to break up after the recess was over and they would just continue their life playing together and moving on to the next kid of the class. If life could be this simple Hye-Sun wouldn't be having a crisis inside her head.

It wasn't like it was the first time she had ever hold the hand of a guy, sure she didn't have that much of experience when it came to relationships just having one official boyfriend when she was 16 and just some couple dates after that, which never happened to become something else. But, why holding Sehun's hand was making her feel so uneasy? Was it because it was an unexpected action or was it because of their history of I like you, let's be friends to I don't like you anymore we can't be friends to let's be friends again, she was sure it was that, there was no way she was feeling because she liked Sehun, she didn't have feelings for her just like he didn't have feelings for her, they were just friends

With that thought on her mind, she turned her head slightly to see Sehun and started wondering what kind of girl would Sehun liked? She was sure that he loved Leon more than anything else in the world if he had to choose between Leon and her, Hye-Sun would have already been dead, he was also really reserved and seemed to be alone most of the time, so she couldn't really picture him on a relationship, maybe he was into that kind of girls that acted really cute all the time and wanted to be babied most of the time, no that wouldn't fit Sehun he would have already gotten annoyed with that kind of personality, maybe he was into older women who were more reliable and would baby him and be more like a mother figure, sure that fitted more into Sehun's personality. What if he didn't like women at all? There wasn't anything wrong in being gay, Hye-Sun would accept him either way, maybe his ideal type was not even a woman, to begin with, and here she was overthinking everything.

She was getting curious to know more about the love life of Sehun, not because she was interested in him, not at all, she just wanted to know more about him and friends talk about their personal life including their love life. Her thoughts were interrupted when he spoke at her question where they were going "Home.” he replied, of course, they were going back home it was about to start raining at any moment and here she was thinking they would go somewhere else, she felt so dumb at that moment.

Hye-Sun listened to what Sehun wanted to do once they were back home, she got a little confused why the need to finish 3 paintings in specific before his next chemotherapy “Oh I see, then you must be busy. What are you going to paint?” She said as another thunder was heard which made Hye-Sun get closer to Sehun, she felt embarrassed for doing that “You know I have been told I’m cute, you can always ask me to be your muse, I’m sure it would be fun” she said trying to lighten the mood.

As they continue walking towards the apartment complex the curiosity got the best out of Hye-Sun, probably she was going to regret asking later “Do you have a girlfriend? It doesn’t have to be a girlfriend, you can have a boyfriend and that’s okay with me is just love” She said blutlantly, maybe this wasn’t the best approach.

ryu sehun

Hearing her question about what he was going to paint next, he opened his mouth to give her a stern reply of ‘whatever’ – because in all seriousness, he still had no clue what he was going to draw. As a surrealist painter, it was more of what he felt at the time that lead him to paint. A sponanteous moment in time, if you will. He wasn’t one to go in with a plan on what to paint and would much rather just jump onto the canvas when he was motivated, inspired, or wanted to release emotions. So, he was going to explain that to Hye-Sun. That was until he saw her reaction.

She drew closer to him as the thunder roared overhead. It was closer with each passing minute, and he knew it bound to be on top of them within half an hour at least. Well, he didn’t want to get his PICC line wet if it started to rain. That would mean another trip to the hospital and most likely another replacement of his PICC line if it got infected from the rain. Which… he really didn’t want to go through with again. So, to bring some comfort to ease Hye-Sun’s mind, he gave a small squeeze to her hand, ensuring that he was holding on dearly to her.

However, hearing her next comment made him want to snort. Thankfully, he didn’t because – well, what if she was serious and he hurt her feelings? Instead, he just offered her a half-smirk; one that said that he found her statement to be amusing. However… her next question made him want to throw her across the street and left her defending for herself. Not only was she questioning his relationship status, but she was also questioning his sexuality. I mean, being gay wasn’t a bad thing. He just didn’t realise that he gave off that sort of aroma. Was it because he was a painter? Because he loved his dog more than anything in life? Well, as soon as Hye-Sun’s mouth opened and she asked that question, he thought he was going to choke on his tongue. Thankfully, Hye-Sun was a doctor so if he was going to pass out and forget out to breathe, she could at least perform CPR on him to bring him back to life.

I’m straight.” he responded with a blank expression on his face, staring at the street in front of them. “And no girlfriend.

And that was it.

He wasn’t going to dive in to why he was straight or why he was single. He wasn’t going to go on to talk about how he thought he had met the love of his life in his early twenties, only to have his heart completely broken beyond repair. He wasn’t going to go into any of that at all. Mainly because he didn’t know why Hye-Sun would want to know or need to know. But also because they were now standing in front of their apartment complex.

I need to get my mail” he pointed out to Hye-Sun, slowly releasing his grip on her hand and using it to gesture towards their mailboxes. “You go ahead. I’ll make sure I don’t vomit and pass out in the elevator.

mood im gonna yeet this girl

location outside apartment complex

Park Hye-Sun
Mood: Surprised Pikachu face

Just after those words left her mouth, Hye-Sun regretted everything she just said how could she be so blunt she couldn't think of a better way to ask Sehun about his relationship status without the fact that she was possibly implying that he was gay. She was doing an excellent job of not making Sehun regret their decision of being friends again, she could easily saw Sehun just pushing her away to be on her own and be like Find someone else to protect you from the thunder and give my dog back.

She was ready to hear those words but instead, he replied to her question I’m straight. And no girlfriend." Hye-Sun wasn't sure if he was pissed or he was just pretending, maybe he wasn't angry at all and was just like Hye-Sun is super funny. Who she was kidding he wasn't thinking that at all. But putting aside wanting to know if Sehun was angry or no at her. She was surprised that Sehun didn't have a girlfriend, maybe she should have known since it seemed she was the only one that visited him when his PICC line got infected "Oh, I see" was her reply.

Did her words sound like she was surprised by the fact that he was single because she thought Sehun was cute besides the fact he was a grumpy butt sometimes? Wait. Did she just really thought that Sehun was cute? Sure, his long hair made him more attractive, but his chestnut cut wasn't bad either. What the hell she was thinking? The thunderstorm was really starting to affect her, she needed to arrive at her apartment and cover herself with a blanket and hope it would spit her somewhere else so she didn't have to deal with the embarrassment of just assuming that Sehun was gay.

Hye-Sun got a little surprised when Sehun spoke again, telling her he needed to go and pick his mail as he released his hand from hers, it felt weird not holding Sehun's hand anymore, maybe because it made her feel secure in a way, he added that she should go-ahead which she only gave him a not with her head as a reply, as she walked towards the elevator, did that meant she should wait for him at the elevator or that she should just go ahead and he would just go to pick up Leon. This situation was more confusing than she anticipated and she was really hating her fear of thunders, with that thought in mind she took the elevator and pressed the number of her floor, there was no sign of Sehun so she just went ahead as he said.

Once she arrived at her floor, she headed to her apartment and opened the door just to be received with a happy Leon, she smiled at the dog as she closed the door then she went to rub the belly of the dog. "I just embarrassed myself in front of your owner If he doesn't hate me, that's a miracle." she said to the dog.

ryu sehun

He watched lazily as Hye-Sun made her way through the doors and towards the direction of the elevators. Once she was out of sight, he released the breath that he didn’t even realise he had been holding. Turning back around, he began to make the rather short distance to the mailboxes which were all lined up in a row. Taking his keys out, he stood before his own mailbox and began to mauver the key into the lock. Of course, his hand/eye coordination skills were not on his side today thanks to the effects of chemo. So, it did take him a while before the damn thing opened.

There were a couple of letters inside. Mostly bills. His brows did perch up, however, seeing a letter from his brother Se-Jun from all the way in Australia. Since when did the little brat send mail instead of just texting him like crazy like he usually did? Oh, and there was a letter from the art gallery that he had been booked to do a show at in a couple of weeks. Right. Probably just confirmation of payment or something like that. Releasing a soft sigh, he locked up the mailbox and began his way into the apartment complex.

As he stood in the elevator that was bringing him to his floor, he began to open up the letters to see which bills he had to pay. One was a medical bill, of course. Just great. Another was a power bill – which he had already paid for and had an electronic receipt for. Why the hell were they even sending him out a paper form when he already had the receipt on his computer? Ugh. His hands landed on the letter from the gallery, which read that they were confirming the art show’s location, time and date. Okay, well, that was good. Now he could really start panicking about getting his work done. And finally, after placing the opened mail into his plastic bag he was holding onto, he took out the letter from his brother.

As soon as he pulled out the letter, he knew straight away it was Se-Jun. Chicken scratch writing. A complete and utter mess. Not to mention it was practically an essay long. That was classic Se-Jun for you.

Hey brother!
It’s your favourite younger brother here! I thought I’d send a letter because Lord knows you never respond to my text messages and I thought mail would be just another way I can annoy you! Isn’t this great?!

I’m having a great time in Australia. Oh, my God. They don’t tell you about BIN CHICKENS before you get here. Have you heard of them before? I swear to God. They’re the craziest thing I’ve ever seen!

Sehun rolled his eyes, folding up the letter in his hands. He would have to read it later. He didn’t have the mental capacity to read it right now because all he could hear was Se-Jun’s voice. Not to mention, the elevator was finally reaching his floor. As the door opened and he stepped through, he made his way towards his neighbour’s apartment door. Unlike Hye-Sun who had just walked through his apartment door various times, Sehun opted to pressing the doorbell and waiting as every other normal human being would do.

mood i don't have the brain power to deal with sejun right now.

location outside hyesun's apartment

Park Hye-Sun
Mood: What am I doing?

Maybe it was time to collect all the stuff from Leon so she could give it back to Sehun once he came to pick up the dog, thankfully there wasn't enough to really organize just his plates of food and his bed, this time Leon's stay had been shorter than the last time, and she realized what was the reason behind he giving all the stuff of Leon that time she thought he just got rid of the puppy.

She wasn't sure what she should say or to do once Sehun showed up to pick up Leon, after that embarrassing moment she wasn't sure if she just ruined their friendship, why she was too nosy? She should have stayed up silent and everything would be normal. Should she just give Leon and his stuff and call it a day or should she invite him to her apartment? Wait, he wouldn't misunderstand the situation knowing that he was single and she suddenly invited him inside, the thought just made her cheeks burn.

Sehun wouldn't think like that of her, that after knowing that he was single she was going to seduce him, she wouldn't do that, besides she didn't have a clue how to seduce a man, probably that was the reason, why she was a twenty-six-year-old virgin, sure she was still waiting for Mr.right, was that too childish and cheesy? The first time was important, no? Well at least for her it was important, she was sure that Sehun was experienced aren't people that re into art really in touch with their inner side and pleasure? Would Sehun be like that? He didn't seem like it, he was more on the grumpy side but maybe she didn't know that side of him.

Hye-Sun needed to stop thinking about it, she needed to distract herself and not think about her neighbor, she remembered the noodles that Sehun bought for her as a thank you for taking care of Leon, maybe cooking would help her get her mind stop overthinking everything, she went to the kitchen to start boiling the water for the noodles at least she was busy with something as Leon just jumped around her happily.

It didn't take long until a knock was heard just as she started hearing the doorbell, as the noodles cooked, she went towards the door and open it as she saw her neighbor, he looked even more tired than when she saw him before she took the elevator, she was sure it was due to the chemotherapy he was taking, did he really would have to cook for himself while having an appearance that he would pass out in any moment?

This was not the moment of thinking about what he would think about her, she just wanted her to help him "Do you want to come inside? I can cook that for you if you feel like it" She said to Sehun, she just needed to make things normal, and they could have been if a thunder rumble, making her get scared of it and unconsciously reaching out to Sehun while she hugged him when she realized what she just did, she was sure that she just have done things more complicated "Sorry, for doing is just my stupid fear of thunders, I'll bring Leon and his stuff, I'm sure you don't want to deal with me anymore" she added embarrassed.

ryu sehun

To say he was exhausted was a complete and utter understatement.

Even just the walk to the shops and back was enough to make him want to nap for four hours even though it was the only ‘exercise’ he had managed to acquire today. As he stood at the door, waiting for Hye-Sun to answer it, he began to think about what the rest of his day would look like. He was exhausted, yes. But he was also so extremely hungry. But also, he was that hungry where you felt like you would vomit but you’re not sure if you want to vomit because you’re so hungry or vomit because you actually feel sick. Ugh, it was a nightmare.

As the door opened, Sehun gazed at Hye-Sun – fully expecting the girl to just dump Leon in his arms and to bid him goodbye. He wasn’t sure why. Perhaps it was just because that’s how everyone around here treated him. If he ever had to give something or get something from the neighbours, they would slam the door shut as soon as the transaction was made. However, she stood there with that infectious smile and asked if he wanted to come inside for some food. To say that surprised him was an understatement. He had never been invited into one of his neighbour’s houses before.

Sehun was about to open his mouth to tell the girl that he was flattered but thought he should go home and sleep. However, the thunder rumbled above them, causing the windows to lightly shake and for Leon to give a bark in dismay. And all the sudden, he found himself being clung to. Somewhat surprised by her sudden burst of affection, Sehun gazed down at the girl with a confused complexion before he listened to what she had to say. So. She was afraid of thunder. As much of a grump Sehun was, he still didn’t like to see other people upset or scared. And seeing Hye-Sun’s reaction to the thunder today brought back memories of his little brother. Who… he really missed, actually. He didn’t want to admit it. But he wished Se-Jun was here.

Slowly – and honestly, almost cautiously – he brought his arms around Hye-Sun’s frame and embraced her. Hoping that he was providing some sort of comfort to her. What could he do in this situation? Should he just leave her and let her face her fears by herself? Or should he stay, offer her some comfort and while he was at it, have someone else make his food for him? Well, that sounded like a good plan. At least if he stayed, he could keep her mind off of the thunder. And if he started to feel sick again, she was a doctor so she could help him out.

Come on then,” he mumbled lightly, releasing his arms from around the girl before gesturing his plastic bag of noodles for her to take from his hands. “Let’s have some food before I pass out from hunger.

mood ahhhh mannnnnnnn.

location outside hyesun's apartment

Park Hye-Sun
Mood: Thank you for staying

If Sehun didn't think that Hye-Sun was out of her mind for hugging him would be a miracle, why she couldn't get rid of her fear of thunders.
Knowing Sehun he would have pushed her away as if she had the plague, she still remembered how he threw her out of his bed when he was the one that didn't want to be alone, but that wasn't the time to be thinking about that. She got a little bit surprised when he hugged her back, it felt nice he was trying his best to make her feel better and stop being scared, and that warmed her heart.

Maybe on the outside, Sehun seemed like the type of guy that would only care about himself and maybe he was like that sometimes, but that wasn't the real Sehun, the Sehun that she was discovering as they became closer was caring and nice on his own way, and that made Hye-Sun happy, it was almost as she was the only one that knew a secret about Sehun that no one else knew it made her feel special in a way even after their rocky way for them to become friends.

She was ready to give back Leon to him and call it a day and be faced with her fears on her own instead he agreed on her invitation of them eating together. She smiled at him when he said he wanted to spend more time with her "Okay, Let's go. I'm sure Leon would be happy to see you." She said as she took the plastic bag from his hands and made her way inside her apartment "Sorry if it's a little mess, I just went to sleep after I arrive home from the hospital" she said embarrassed.

Hye-Sun went towards her kitchen as she saw the water that she set before he arrived was already boiling, she set the noodles on the pot and saw them get cooked, maybe some conversation would be nice as they waited for the food "Have you been painting lately? I'm sure doing something that you like would make you don't think of the chemotherapy. I know you might feel like you don't want to do anything but I think doing something you like it would make things more bearable" she said trying to cheer him up.

"Maybe if you need someone to be your model for one of your paintings, I wouldn't mind being one you know draw me like one of your french girls. Okay, terrible joke, but I'm sure it has to be difficult to know what you actually want to paint, you must have a vision, no? I like going to art galleries, but the mind of painters during their process of painting is something I haven't been able to understand completely." She said curiously.

"I'll go and check if the noodles are done." She said as she went back to the kitchen and saw that they were done, she served two bowls and gave one to Sehun once she was back. "Here it is, eat as much as you can, don't force yourself." She said with a smile, during that time there had been some thunders, but maybe being with Sehun made her a little bit brave or she just feel that someone was protecting her from her fears.

ryu sehun

Walking into someone else’s apartment in this complex was… weird. Of course, because it was an apartment complex, a lot of the apartments had the same layout. Hye-Sun’s layout was very much so like his own but with some small minor differences here and there. But the main thing that stood out was the fact how clean it was compared to his own. While she may have thought it was messy because of stray clothes or dishes she may have not had the chance to attend to, it was clean.

Now, Sehun didn’t live in filth. Oh God no. There was no dust or mould to be found in his house, he was sure of it. It was more that he felt like he could not create in a room that was just blank. He needed there to be a clutter. He needed the paintbrushes to be spawn all over the place, to have his sink overflowing with pots and dried paint soaking in cups, and the newspaper on the ground covered in the falling paints of his dripping canvases. It just made him feel more at ease. So, once he had slipped his shoes off out of respect to Hye-Sun’s house, and made his way into the complex, he instantly knew that there would be a hundred per cent chance he would never be able to actually create in Hye-Sun’s house. He would be way too scared of getting paint on her clean floor and walls (and, well, ceiling). He wouldn’t be able to relax at all.

His thoughts about all of this, however, flew right out of the window as he heard the pitter-pattering sounds of Leon running towards him, panting. A wide grin formed on Sehun’s face as he knelt down – before sitting down – on the floor, allowing the fluffy companion to sit his lap and shower him with kisses. “I’ve missed you buddy” he cooed at the dog, puckering the canine’s head with an array of kisses. Seriously. How could this be the same Sehun that was always walking around the complex like he had rolled out of the wrong side of the bed every morning since he was born?

Hearing Hye-Sun’s voice, he brought his attention away from his happy friend, continuing to pat the dog as he listened carefully to what the girl was doing. Had he been painting? Well… sort of. “In between vomiting and sleeping, I try to get some done” he admitted to the girl before looking back down at the dog as he gave Leon the scratches that his best friend oh so dearly desired. The truth was, since starting chemotherapy, his motivation to paint was slowly walking out of the door. He was struggling to maintain a routine of getting things done while trying to cater to his needs. Hye-Sun began to mention about needing someone to model – to which Sehun was about to tell her that he was fine at the moment – but then she threw out that curveball. That joke. That automatically made him snort as he tried to hold in his bark of laughter. Never in a million years would he think that that was about to fall from her mouth. She truly was full of surprises, wasn’t she?

He was lost for words, his mouth hanging slightly as he tried to process what the girl had just said to him. Thankfully, she left to check the noodles which gave him time to quickly regroup from the shock of that joke. Seeing her return with two bowls in her hands, Sehun slowly stood up and took hold of the bowl she passed to him. “Thank you” he softly said to her before making his way over to the dining table. He sat down upon the chair, placing his bowl down before turning to Leon who was attempting to climb up into his lap. Well, his friend must’ve missed him. He only ever did this after Sehun had been gone for a long day for work. So, he lifted up the dog, placing Leon into his lap (which Leon found a comfortable spot, resting his head upon Sehun’s forearm). Looking at the food… oh man. He wanted to eat so badly, but a wave of nausea ran through his body as soon as he lifted some of the noodles with his chopsticks. Placing the chopsticks back down, he released a rather frustrated sigh before attempting to run his hands through his hair. Oh, that was right. He cut his hair. He had forgotten about that. “Please tell me this nausea goes away soon?” he mumbled, flatting down his short hairs with his palm as he lazily gazed over at his doctor friend.

mood i want to eat.... but i don't want to vomit.

location hyesun's apartment

Park Hye-Sun
Mood: I'm sorry

It was obvious that Sehun was like a fish out of water entering her apartment, she supposed it was because he wasn't really invited by the other neighbors or he never approached to visit. This sounded in character for Sehun avoiding social interaction as much as he could only have to deal with them when it was a life or death situation. But Hye-Sun managed to befriend him so his social skills were getting better but still it was obvious that he was feeling awkward in her apartment.

She wasn't sure how to make him comfortable the guy looked like he was about to pass out at any minute, and being in an unknown place was always scary even if his apartment was next to hers, maybe he was just pressuring himself not to throw up or just faint right there, he already had a lot on his plate to stress about it and Hye-Sun understand that he wasn't in the best moment of his life.

Thankfully Leon came to save the day as he ran towards his owner as he hasn't seen him in ages, Hye-Sun was surprised of seeing Sehun smiled widely she thought that was only possible when he was high, but somehow Leon managed to have the same effect on Sehun and made him extremely happy, the view of between Leon and Sehun and how the guy gave kisses to the head of the dog felt intimate, she almost wondered if she should leave them alone, but at the same time that scene was the cutest and adorable thing she had seen in a while, she always found cute guys that liked animals but seeing Sehun with Leon put him at the top of her lists of guys she found cute while being with a dog. Wait, what was she thinking? It was Sehun after all, really the hours without sleeping was starting to affect her.

Hye-Sun let out a laugh when she heard Sehun snort after her joke "Look at that! I just made Sehun laugh maybe my career is not to be a doctor maybe I should become a comedian if I made you laugh I'm sure I can make laugh everyone else, wait, do it again so I can record it, that would probably never happen again" she said teasingly.

As she started eating the noodles she noticed how Sehun was trying his best to at least take a bite of the food but he just looked so sick as if he was about to throw up if he even put the smallest bite in his mouth, then she asked him if the nausea was supposed to go soon, it was obvious he was desperate about it "Is known that nausea and vomiting are part of the side effects of chemotherapy so is not like they would go away, there are different types of nausea that would show up, some might have them after hours of the treatment or some might have them passed the 24 hours. I want to assume they give you medicine for your nausea, that should be working to not have you feel that way, but there had been cases where the medicine give might not work on some patients but work perfectly in others if you were given something for it and you still feel nauseated, so it must likely be that you need another medication for it, but even if I'm a doctor I can't really say what's going wrong since I'm not your doctor and I'm not really specialized in cancer, sorry if I'm not any help" she replied to Sehun, feeling bad she couldn't do anything for him.

"You don't need to eat it if you can't do it, is okay, I'm just happy you are here with me while the storm is happening"

ryu sehun

A disgruntled foal look fell upon his face as Hye-Sun began to explain that the medicine probably wasn’t working, and that she wouldn’t be able to help as she wasn’t his doctor and wasn’t specialized in cancer. What was the point of medicine if it did not work for people? Honestly. He was starting to think that the hospital was just hell bent on trying to keep him sick. First his infected pick line which no doubt happened because the nurse didn’t flush it out properly during his chemotherapy session. And now this; discovering that the nausea may never go away because he was ‘immune’ to the drug that was meant to prevent it.

Releasing a soft, slightly agitated sigh, he removed his hand from his head and began to gently comb through Leon’s fur as he thought to himself while shifting his gaze to the dog in his arms. “This is why I liked the weed… It helped with nausea” he mumbled, more so to himself than to Hye-Sun. He knew that it was highly illegal and if he was to get caught with it – or even just caught having any traces of it on his persons – then he would be fined and sent to jail and a thousand other horrible things. But the nausea was so bad he was willing to risk it. Heck, he had been willing to risk it that night Hye-Sun came to his house and basically wanted to rip his hair out before shaving it. She was absolutely appalled that he would even consider doing something so illegal just to get high. I mean, at the time she did not know about his medical condition. Maybe now she would be more forgiving? Especially after trying it herself too.

Hearing her mention about not worrying about eating the food, his gaze shifted from Leon to the girl before him. One thing he noticed was how casually she brushed off the fact that he was here during the storm. He had a feeling that he was defiantly right about her being petrified of the storm because only someone who was embarrassed by their fears would act the way she was right now. While he didn’t want to be awkward and ask her straight out just why she was afraid of storms, he did want to try and bring some… I dunno, light? Into the situation? That’s right. Sehun wanted there to be some sort of comedic relief or happiness to be sparked in the room. So unlike him, right?

You talk as if I wasn’t the one who bought the food” he mused, flashing her a cocky appearance and raising a brow. “Appa always said to never waste food. It’s bad for the Earth and farmers.” Did it mean that he was going to go ahead and vacuum the whole bowl of noodles into his mouth? Of course not. For now, he was just content with staring at it and watching Hye-Sun eat.

So… How is… doctoring… and…. Stuff?” he asked, pulling out his words like it was painful to even consider trying to start a conversation with someone; and someone he knew as well.

mood social situations.... ahhhhhh.

Park Hye-Sun
Mood: let's get to know each other

It was obvious that Hye-Sun just ended the last bit of hope that Sehun has, there were times where the medicines didn't work and you needed to change your medication until you found one that your body accepted, but while she understood that, it was obvious that it wasn't the same for Sehun, saying that she could understand what he was going through or how he was feeling was a complete lie, she knew the symptoms and the side effects of what cancer caused by memory, she was sure she could list them if she was asked her too, but one thing was knowing everything by the book and one thing completely different was to know how he was feeling.

At that moment she felt so useless and impotent, she wished she could take part of his pain so she could have it so he wouldn't have to suffer as he was doing, but it was impossible. She felt shame when she realized that even if he felt terrible he still took time to be the company of Hye-Sun, as the storm passed, while she was terrified of it, in reality, her fear was insignificant, to the fear of dying that Sehun probably had and most likely didn't say anything to anyone, because that was how Sehun was, keeping everything to himself and not letting anyone be there when he was in his most vulnerable moments.

As she was lost in her own thought the voice of Sehun was heard, low as if he was talking to himself, but still loud enough so she could hear him, saying how he liked the weed because it helped him with nausea he felt, sure that was an option but risking everything to feel better was even worth it? Maybe when you were as desperate as Sehun was it was worth it, part of her want it to let it slide, sure it wasn't the right thing to do, but if it helped him she could just pretend, but not everyone was as understanding like Hye-Sun, and with the reputation that Sehun had with the neighbors it didn't help his case. "I know it must have helped, but I can't let you take it, sure I tried it too, but is not the right thing, listen I could just leave like that and let you smoke it, but what happens if one fo the neighbors gets the smell or someone sees you buying, it would jeopardize everything and I don't want to see you get in trouble." She told him as she let out a deep sigh.

She wasn't expecting that he would argue back about eating the food since he was the one that he bought it, even with cancer and full of meds, Sehun still wanted to be cocky, but also being thoughtful of not wasting any food "That sounds alright, eat when you feel like doing it, I guess the noodles can always get microwaved if they get cold" she said as she continued eating. When Sehun attempted to continue the conversation, she found it adorable about how awkward he sound that she let out a small giggle."Work is going fine, just extremely tired, the night shift is one of the times when I hate being in the hospital, but is not much that I can do about my schedule, other than that everything has been pretty normal not much to really say" She said with a shrug.

Didn't she just make the conversation even more awkward, talking to Sehun sometimes was so easy but at the same time it was so complicated, she felt like she really didn't know him that much just pieces of who Sehun was "Let's play something as we wait for you to get hungry. What about 20 questions?" She said trying to light up the mood.

ryu sehun

Sehun could feel his cheeks and ears burn as he heard Hye-Sun’s small giggle. Damn, if only he had hair. He could’ve hidden up the fact that her small giggle had in fact made him want to hide his face for the next twenty years. As she began to explain how work was, he slowly nodded; thankfully, he could feel the heat starting to cool off from his face as he concentrated on what she said. So she was tried from the night shifts at the hospital? Almost instantly he wanted to tell her ‘well then tell them you can’t do night shifts’. But he had to remind himself two things: one, she was a doctor. She had no say in what shifts she could and could not do. Two, they were not dating. He couldn’t just go ahead and tell her things like that.

Pressing his lips shut together to form a line, Sehun tried to think of something he could say in response to her explanation. After all, he didn’t want to come across as nagging if he mentioned that she shouldn’t be doing the night shifts or something. “Ah… you should… eat more eggplant.” He commented, nodding thoughtfully as he did so. “It’s full of fibre and good for your digestive system. Full of antioxidants and give you great energy. Appa used to grow the biggest eggplants on his farm and we would eat them for every meal to much us big and strong.” And then he paused, fearing that he may have gone off on some sort of tangent.
Clearing his throat, he looked back down at his food. But only for a brief second. Because then Hye-Sun came up with an idea that had him snapping his attention straight back to her. “20 questions?” he snorted towards the girl, looking at her as if she had just grown a third head. “Are you a teenager? Aigoo…” Sehun tutted lightly before immediately regretting it. Now, that wasn’t a nice thing to say, was it? Especially to someone who was only trying to make him feel better. Slight regret ran through his body as he allowed a soft cough to fill the empty silence between them and shifted in his chair slightly. “I… I’ll go first…” he mumbled; almost annoyed at himself for questioning her age and for admitting defeat into playing this childish game.

His dark eyes slowly traced the environment around them. From the décor to the specs of dust that formed on some of the furniture, he was searching for some sort of question to ask her that didn’t seem like he wasn’t genuinely interested. A flash of lightning illuminated through the windows and a crackle of thunder rolled over above the roof. Leon let out a whimper, burying his face into Sehun’s stomach and arm. “Shh…” he hushed the dog, patting him to try and bring some sort of comfort.

And then it hit him. Thunder and lightning. Ah yes. That was the perfect question. Sehun gazed up towards the female doctor, pausing for a moment to try and think of the best way to ask her what he was wondering. “Why are you afraid of thunder and lightning? Did something happen when you were younger that made your afraid…?” he calmly and slowly asked her with a slightly raised brow. He had never met anyone afraid of thunder and lightning in his life. In fact, in all honesty, he had ever met someone like Hye-Sun.

mood ahh... i feel like a friggen 12 year old playing these games

Park Hye-Sun
Mood: now you know the truth

From out of all the things Sehun could say, Hye-Sun didn't expect that he would start telling her advice on what she needed to do so she wouldn't be tired, but seriously his advice was quite something that was the first time someone had told her to eat more eggplant, maybe she had heard of eating more vegetables or fruits but never something so specific as Sehun's advice, he really seemed passionate about the properties of the eggplants.

just as he started mentioning how his father used to grow them back on his farm, just thinking how a little Sehun would be sitting at the table while eating a huge amount of eggplant was just adorable, she was sure he wasn't as grumpy as he was once that he was an adult, she wondered what kind of childhood he had, it seemed he was fond of his memories from his family as he grew up, that made her more curious to know who Sehun really was instead of just trying to decipher his personality based on the few glimpses he had allowed her to see from the time they have known each other.

"I'm not really a huge fan of eggplants but I guess I'll have to sacrifice a little bit so I can have more energy during the day" she replied. She was sure that sh mentioning them playing a game would make her seem like she was childish at least in Sehun's eye, but she at least tried so even if at first, the guy seemed reluctant to play the game at the end he agreed, she wasn't sure if it was out of pity because she was being nice to him or because he actually wanted to participate, either way, she was going to take won the opportunity to know more about Sehun.

Just as he started saying he would go first a thunder made the whole place tremble, out of fear she once again covered her ears and closed her eyes, she wondered when the storm would be over but it seemed that just by the sound of it, it wouldn't be over soon, once she was able to calm down, Sehun asked his question, asking her why she was afraid of thunderstorms, she knew that question would come eventually, it wasn't something that she desired to hide so she didn't have a problem telling the truth.

"It all happened when I was around 9 or 10, my parents and I went to visit my grandmother who used to live on the country area of Gwangju, that time some of my cousins and some kids that live near there decided to play hide and seek, we were told we shouldn't go to the forest area because a storm was announced, but we didn't listen thinking nothing would happen, I was really bad at hide and seek and I was always the first one to get caught, so I really wanted to be the last one so I hide deeper into the forest, and that's when the storm happened all my cousins and friends went back to the house, but I got lost trying to make it back to my grandmother's house so I was stuck there while the thunderstorm was happening, I don't really know how long I was there, but everyone started searching for me eventually they found me, but at that time I really got scared and I thought I wouldn't be able to see my family ever again, so that's the reason I'm scared of thunder and lightning" she said with a shrug.

After she admitted the story behind her fear it was her turn to ask something to Sehun, she wondered what would be interesting to know, she gave it a small thought before deciding on what she wanted to ask "How did you found out that painting was one of your passions?" she asked curiously.

ryu sehun

Sehun listened carefully to Hye-Sun’s story, softly stroking the top of Leon’s head as he did so. There was a part of him that wanted to mockingly state how much her story sounded like some poorly produced Korean soap opera drama. But instead he decided to push down the bitterness. After all, she looked rather deadly afraid of the thunder and lightning. And it seemed that no matter what he said to her about the situation or about how she felt about it, it would just make this forming relationship fall into pieces. I mean, for once in a very long time, he actually had someone who wanted to spend time with him. That was very rare.

Thankfully, he didn’t have the chance to open that big stupid mouth of his to dismiss any feelings Hye-Sun may have had about the thunder and lightning. She spoke once again, asking him how he found out that painting was one of his passions. Honestly, he was taken aback by the question. How did he know? Well, that was stumping him. Just as he went to open his mouth, a flash of lightning illuminated the windows, leaking into the apartment, before a crackle of thunder rumbled above them. Well, that was going to scare Hye-Sun, wasn’t it?

Instantly, Sehun stood up from his chair and travelled to the chair next to the girl. With Leon still in his arms, he sat down next to her and handed the dog carefully over to her. “Leon is good at giving cuddles” he muttered, feeling odd that he was being so… kind to someone after so long. “He doesn’t like thunder either, so the pair of you can… cuddle together or something

Releasing an awkward sigh, he ripped his gaze away from Hye-Sun and tried to focus on something else. Anything to get rid of this… niceness he was feeling at the moment. Alas, it didn’t seem to be working. So, instead, he brought his attention back to the final question that Hye-Sun had asked. Something that even himself didn’t really know how to understand or express to someone else. “I don’t… I don’t really remember when I discovered that painting was my passion…” he honestly and slowly stated to the girl.

If he still had hair, you bet your sweet ass he would be combing his fingers through it right now.

So umm… I told you my Umma was a painter, right? She made murals in the village we lived in. And she was an art teacher too. Did massive workshops. I suppose… I just find some sort of… peace and happiness when I paint? I used to sit there and watch Umma paint for hours. It was just so therapeutic and relaxing. She always encouraged me to paint when I felt like it too. But uh… I knew when she passed away… that I wanted to keep painting for her. I think about her whenever I paint. It’s like a great reunion of sorts, I suppose…

Breathe, Sehun. Don’t forget to breathe.

Sucking in the air just as quick as he was to release it, he cleared his throat before making sure to bring his attention back to Hye-Sun. He hated being in the spotlight; so answering quickly and jumping onto the next question for the girl was his best option. “And you? When did you find out you wanted to be a doctor? I can’t imagine wanting a career where you have to deal with people who stick things up their butt

mood nahhh, this niceness... it feels weird.

Park Hye-Sun
Mood: lights out? Great

Knowing how Sehun was, she was sure that he was most likely thinking that it was taken out of a cheap movie or something like that, even if he didn't say a word, which let's be honest he wasn't really a man of a lot of words but he said a lot with his stares and right now she was receiving the "Are you for real? stare" Even though it was something dumb but it did really happened to her and she was really afraid of thunder because of it, there was not much she could do even if she tried her best all this time.

So changing the subject felt the best to avoid more embarrassment and after all, it was her turn to ask a question either way, and it was pretty obvious that her question took him by surprise, she thought that maybe not a lot of people asked him about his liking towards painting, which could be due to him not opening to a lot of people, but instead of receiving an answer, she was greeted with another thunder that just made Hye-Sun want to cover her ears hoping it would go away.

Maybe she was too scared that she didn't notice that Sehun stood up until she heard his voice next to her as he offered Leon so she could cuddle him, the girl smiled lightly at him it was kind of adorable to see him being nice because it was obvious he was feeling embarrassed maybe down deep in that cold heart he was a kind and nice person, he just needed time to show how he really was and she needed a lot of patience.

The reply of Sehun was not really what she was expecting, maybe he just needed to think more when that happened, it didn't take him long to start talking about his mother. She knew bits of Sehun's past and she had found that he was fond of his mother and it was obvious how much he missed her, especially when talking about her was making him struggle with his own emotions, she extended her hand as she held Sehun's hand trying to comfort him, after all, he was there with her and she just wanted him to feel fine and that he knew he had someone to rely on.

But as soon as he replied he changed the topic to her, she wasn't going to push the conversation about his past any longer "It might sound pretty cliche, but I always loved all the subjects related to science since I was a child and I was always fond of helping people, I think it also added that when one of my cousins sprained his ankle I was the only one that didn't freak out so I guess that already said I would be able to do something like this" She replied but laugh after Sehun's statement "I haven't really encountered that type of patients so I can't really tell you about it, but I can assure you that those patients that throw up over your uniform, those are really the most annoying" she added jokingly as she remembered their little accident on the hospital.

What she thought was becoming a cute bonding experience was interrupted by the sudden lights turning off, was a blackout really happening? This was not getting any better "I think I have a flashlight somewhere, I'll go and search it, just wait here it won't take long" She said as she stood up and went towards her room hoping it would be there.

ryu sehun

A soft-hearted chuckle slipped past his lips as Hye-Sun let out her joking remark. The corners of his eyes wrinkled in slight delight and his drained face lightened in color. It really was an odd memory to lock away in the brain vault, wasn’t it? It played out in his head once more; the sudden surprise of having Hye-Sun as his doctor for the night. The infection that was running through his body thanks to that bloody picc line, and the nausea that caused him to sway all brought on from the daily chemotherapy. What the hell was this? Was it some cute bonding experience that was going to make them unbelievably amazing friends or something? Ugh, the thought of it all was making him nauseas. Or maybe it was the chemotherapy that was making him feel that way. What ever it was, it felt odd. It felt foreign. It felt like… like it wasn’t normal for him. Like he wasn’t meant to have friends or this type of relationship building experiences.

He wanted to wipe away the smile wrinkles from his face and to calm down his pink glowing cheeks. But the more he thought about their encounter at the hospital when Hye-Sun first discovered that he had cancer, it made it all harder to wipe it away. Thankfully, electricity was on his side and with a crackle of thunder and a flash of lightning, the power went out. Of course, like any other human being on this planet, Sehun jumped just the slightest as they sat in sudden darkness. Leon gave a small whimper, growing his way back into his owner’s arms as he searched for some sort of comfort.

Hye-Sun stood, announcing that she was going to go and look for a flashlight before going on her way. Was that really the right thing to do? Wasn’t she scared of thunder and lightning? Wouldn’t walking around in the darkness, trying to find some sort of light, only make her fears snowball? Before Sehun could protest and tell her that he could go and get some candles from his house, she was already searching. He released a soft sigh, slouching in his seat as his hand automatically raised to start stroking Leon’s fur. There was a voice in the back of his head, speaking to him. Turning his gaze, Sehun looked down at the dog in his arms who was gazing up at him. Was Leon being that voice in his head? Well, technically, it wasn’t possible. But Sehun liked to think it was.

You should go and help her Leon’s eyes pleaded with his owner.

She’s a grown adult” Sehun muttered to Leon, his fingers delicately running through the dog’s fur. “She can do it by herself

But she’s scared

She’s a doctor. She can’t be scared of something so small as thunder and lightning

You saw the way her face looked before.

Dammit. Leon had a point. The thought of the true horror flashing upon Hye-Sun’s face as the thunder crackled above them was plastered in his head. Sure, he was a ruthless dickhead sometimes. But he wasn’t that ruthless. So, he allowed a small groan to slip past his lips (as if he was admitting defeat to his dog), and stood to his full height. “Hold on,” he called out to Hye-Sun, re-adjusting Leon in his arms. “I’m coming to help – Wait. Which way did you go?” The darkness was consuming the apartment. It really didn’t help that Hye-Sun had things in places that he didn’t have for his own apartment. “Call out and I’ll follow your voice

mood i hate it when leon's right.

Park Hye-Sun
Mood: where is the flashlight?

Being with Sehun was nice, she enjoyed his company even if it was almost as she did most of the conversation every time they were together. She found it hilarious how their relationship had changed since the first day they meet when the elevator didn't work and had to go upstairs using the ladder. To now him being here in her apartment making sure she was okay because of her hear to thunderstorms, it was quite endearing if she cared to admit.

Sure, it wasn't like everything was perfect finding out about Sehun's cancer wasn't one of the best news in the short and interesting friendship they had, but she for sure knew that she was going to be by his side during all of this even if he didn't want to, although now it was almost as he was starting to like her company who would have thought they would end up in her apartment talking while he tried his best to keep her company, something that she found adorable since the guy almost seemed to have this stoic personality 24/7.

When the light went out and she announced she was going to search for a flashlight it was something that she said without thinking that she was scared mostly to keep herself busy as the storm passed believing that if she kept her mind busy then she wouldn't have to worry about the thunders. Something she wanted to believe would help her to pass the time.

Leaving Sehun with Leon, she headed towards her bedroom since Hye-Sun was sure she had a flashlight there, or at least that was the last place that she saw it, but sure it would be troublesome trying to find it in a dark place "Where did I put it?" She said to herself as she started searching in her drawers that's when she heard Sehun's voice telling her he would help her "Hold on, I’m coming to help – Wait. Which way did you go?” Hye-Sun was a bit surprised to hear him out that he would help her since she believed that there wouldn't be a lot of trouble "I'm in my room! Just walk as if you were heading towards yours if you were in your apartment" She said out

Call out and I'll follow your voice” Sehun added, what was she supposed to say? Should she said Marco so he would reply to Polo until he arrived? "Be careful when you come, there's a small table with the phone on it, but I'm sure you can avoid it" She said as she continued searching between her stuff.

"Oh! When you arrived would you help me search in the drawers that are going to be on your right next to the door" She added hoping that the flashlight would be there because otherwise, she wouldn't have a clue where it was.

mood nervous. why the f am I nervous?

location waiting outside hyesun's apartment

outfit comfy chemo clothes

fun fact chemotherapy today took three hours because of his damn veins contracting. he ended up having to lie on a bed with his arm angled above his head so the fluid line would stop faulting.

ryu sehun

A wave of nerves rolled in the pit of his stomach as he stood outside her apartment door. Was it nerves, or was the undeniable urge to purge everything from within the aftereffects of the chemotherapy session he had this morning? Regardless of the multiple excuses that he could concoct in his racing mind, there he stood, his stomach feeling so damn uneasy. His manager had rung him today to let him know his open house show was going to be on tonight. Well, he didn’t ring just today. He had been ringing for the last three weeks about it, asking if he was going to be well enough to compile the required art pieces needed to create a show to begin with. But Sehun lied through his teeth as they ground from the stress. A lack of muse surged through his veins, and his only inspiration seemed to hit when he was… well, when he talked to her.

Hye-Sun just seemed to have this way of bringing out the colours in this grayscale lifestyle he was huddled away in. Her smile was the splash of pastels that complimented the vibrant bold textures of her personality. She had a way with words that seemed to guide his paintbrush over the canvas with such ease. All of these nerves and self-doubt were swiped away when mixed in her presence. Sehun often wondered what colour he’d be if he had to pick one to represent his life. He would have to pick grey, as it was an achromatic colour. It literally meant that it was a colour “without colour”, as it’s composed of black and white. But Hye-Sun was a colour palette with everlasting possible combinations. When mixed with him, she brought colour back into his life. She brought vibrancy and wonderful spontaneous mishappens.

Which was why he wanted her to come with him tonight.

After all, she had been the muse for some of his artwork. It was only fitting that he would ask her to come and see his attempt to re-create the masterpiece that lived next door to him. Plus, she had mentioned to him on multiple occasions how she had liked this artist named agape. I suppose she would’ve had to be on her death bed than to say no to attending one of his very limited, intimate opening night event. And Sehun had made a decision: that if Hye-Sun didn’t go, then neither would he. He did just have chemotherapy that morning. That was a good excuse to use against his manager, was it not?

The wooden door before him was taunting and teasing him. The floorboards behind creaked, catching him by surprise and wrestling his chaotic beating heart. Alas, it was nothing but the old apartment complex having a yawn and stretch after it’s long day of holding everything together. Why was it so hard to just simply knock on a door? Why was he getting so flustered over the possibility that she could say no. More importantly, why was he getting so flustered over the possibility that she could say yes?

Come on. Suck it up. You can do it” Sehun hushed to himself, his teeth chattering from the nerves. A hand raised before meeting contact with the doorbell lodged onto the frame. There, he had done it. He was halfway there already. There was no way she’d say no to someone with cancer, right? Wasn’t that the way the phrase went? Cancer card?

/*DO NOT REMOVE CREDIT*/

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

mood
hello there \o/
outfit
interactions
sehun
tags
Park Hye-Sun
Spending time with Sehun became a heartwarming memory for Hye-Sun. Despite his clashing personalities or that they were just complete opposites, their interactions, even if they were just minimal like a good morning, were enough to put a smile on her face. Maybe it was the fact that she had made her goal to make Sehun’s life as bright as possible in these times of loneliness. Even if she couldn’t take away his cancer or his pain; she wanted to become someone he could rely on and that would be the companion that he needed during this fight.

Even in the small-time, they have known each other. Sehun became someone important in her life. She was just hoping he was feeling the same and was not really putting up with her just to not hurt her feelings. With all these thoughts on her mind; she navigated every day not knowing what would tomorrow would bring but hoping it would be a step closer to Sehun’s recovery because she was sure that if she was granted a wish at that moment was to see Sehun healthy again.

That day wasn’t any different from the previous ones. She went to the hospital like any regular day with no major emergencies that made her day more relaxing than she had expected; she knew also that Sehun had his chemotherapy session. So she wondered if it would have been easier for him this time. Perhaps she should come and visit him, but she didn’t want to bother him in case he was feeling too tired because of it. But the curiosity of wanting to check on him was showing maybe she could send him a message and that would ease her worried soul.

Maybe she should just keep her mind busy so she wouldn’t think about her neighbor and his well-being. She for sure had a couple of dramas and books to catch up so it was a win-win situation for her after all, that was until the ring of the doorbell resonate echoing all over her apartment. Hye-Sun was sure she wasn’t expecting anyone and she couldn’t remember forgetting the delivery from something that she bought online.
“I’m coming!”
the girl said as she started going towards the door, not knowing who could it have been the one on the other side of the door.

When Hye-Sun opened the door she wasn’t expecting to see Sehun, since most of the time she was always spending time in his apartment, so it was a surprise that the guy was actually there. Was he maybe too sick from the chemotherapy? Sure, he looked tired, but she was sure there were other instances when she saw him in a worse state; maybe Hye-Sun was reading too much between the lines and the guy was just there to ask for sugar or flour, as a normal neighbor would do.

“Oh! I wasn’t expecting you to come. Is something going on? Are you maybe feeling under the weather?”

Code by Stardust Galaxy

mood ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i did it

location waiting outside hyesun's apartment

outfit comfy chemo clothes

fun fact sehun rambles too much when he's nervous.

ryu sehun

He recited it in his head over and over again. Hi, Hye-Sun. I remember you said that you really liked that artist called Agape. Well, I have two tickets to go and see his new gallery show. Would you like to come with me? But no matter how many times he mouthed the sentence or hushed it under his breath, there was a lingering atmosphere attached to each word. It almost felt like… he was asking her out on a date. No. There was no way in heck that he was asking her out on a date. You could have to run him over eight times and spit on his face before he would ever agree to something like that. What was his reason being?

Well… she was his neighbour.

Yeah, real good excuse there Sehun.

The sound of the creaking door snapped him out of his mutterings and back into reality. The wind was knocked out of him as his eyes simply glimpsed at Hye-Sun as she stood before him, in casual clothing, and bombarding him (well, that’s what Sehun called bombarding) with questions about his wellbeing. “Oh, uh…” he began, his hands automatically finding comfort and protection in the pockets of his hooded jacket. Just pretend that you are sick. It’s so much easier than asking to go with you. You don’t want it to look like you’re asking her out on a date, do you? Curse these inner thoughts rampaging through his brain. They were stomping about with mud-covered boots, leaving imprints and stains as they were hellbent on making this even harder than it needed it to be.

I’m uh… a bit tired… but…” Sehun gulped, his hand now leaving the sanctuary of his warm pockets and resting on the back of his neck. “That’s… not really why I’m here…”. Okay, it was go time. It was now or never. He had to push those thoughts ransacking his brain, and focus on the task at hand. A quick glimpse around them, surveying the area, confirmed that it was indeed time to do so. “I uh… I know you like Agape, the artist. Right? You’ve talked about them a couple of times when I’ve been painting on the roof and uhh… You see uhh…Well… I have tickets for his show tonight. He’s releasing a new gallery of paintings and uh… well…

Spit it out. You’re already in too deep.

Did you want to be my plus one?” Dear Lord, it finally came out. An exhale of relief managed to slip past his lips before he was quick to ruin this beautiful moment between the pair of them. “Not as like… a date or anything. I just… I have two tickets. And I know how much you like them. And well, I thought it would be a shame to let it go to waste. We don’t even have to actually go together. We can get there our own separate ways and if we see each other there, well – surprise, surprise. We can have a chat and discuss the different stroke textures and paints they’ve used?” He wasn’t sure if it was the after-effects of chemotherapy from today or the fact he had rambled complete and utter nonsense in front of this girl, but Sehun could feel his face start to heat up. In fact, his whole body felt warm, starting from the top of his head and releasing to the tip of his toes. “I mean… I don’t feel the greatest after chemotherapy today. And I’d like to go. So… you could be my nurse for the night? That way you don’t feel bad about me giving you a very expensive, probably once in a lifetime, ticket for free.

/*DO NOT REMOVE CREDIT*/

© weldherwings.

mood
I'm perfectly fine...
outfit
interactions
sehun
tags
Park Hye-Sun
Hye-Sun stood there, seeing Sehun standing in front of her awkwardly as she waited for his reply. It was unexpected to see him there; as he was the type of person who would usually be in his own place rather than visiting someone. With mumbling words, he started speaking and Hye-Sun got curious to know what was taking so much effort to say out loud; she was sure that he wouldn’t come to her door out of nowhere and tell her his cancer got worse. If he was already keeping it a secret from his family. It was quite obvious he wouldn’t be out venting how worse his cancer got to his own neighbor.

Not that she hoped those were the news he wanted to share, but with Sehun she realized everything was possible. And as expected, Sehun was there for another reason, one that Hye-Sun would never think of as he started speaking of the artist she liked and how he was going to open a new gallery, one that she couldn’t afford for obvious reasons. And then he dropped the bomb. “Did you want to be my plus one?” he said and after those words, Hye-Sun almost felt like her heart stopped for a moment. Was her face getting red? She hoped not.

For god’s sake, Hye-Sun, you can’t get like this when you are twenty-six, and is Sehun we are talking about. Sure, he was handsome and had a cute dog, but he was grumpy and his place was often messy.

But why did she feel a little giddy when he asked... and just like her little bubble of happiness was forming, it exploded as he reaffirmed it wasn’t a date and how it wasn’t necessary for them to go together? Was it really that bad being seen together? It shouldn’t bother her, but it really did.
“Oh...”
was the only thing that came out of Hye-Sun’s mouth.

She thought of rejecting him, even if she desired to go to that art gallery she felt hurt by Sehun’s words even if she knew perfectly there was no way they saw each other that way Sehun said he wanted to go even if he wasn’t feeling his best and even asked her so she could take care of him. Now, how could she say no? She could suck up to her feelings and just act as if nothing bothered even if it did.
“Yeah, sure... I’ll go... I guess since you really don’t want us to go together. I’ll see you there.”
She said before closing the door without even saying goodbye. Now she needed to find something to wear and pretend that everything was fine because it was supposed to be that way.
Code by Stardust Galaxy

mood girlie, you're coming with me.

location waiting outside hyesun's apartment... again.

outfit ooo such style

fun fact sehun hates dressing up -- but isn't that already known?

ryu sehun

Yeah, sure… I’ll go… I guess since you really don’t want us to go together. I’ll see you there.

And then the door closed.

Had… had he said something wrong?

Sehun pondered for a moment on his spot. Was… was she mad at him? His mind began to work in overtime mode; what if she really was mad at him. Wouldn’t the polite thing to do would’ve been to say that she’d come with him? Why wasn’t she being polite? He had offered her a ticket to an artist that she absolutely loved – for free – and she had the audacity to say look and sound ungrateful and that he’d just see him there? Hold on – did she even know where there was? He was half tempted to knock on the door once more to let her know further details. But the other half of him said no, she was the one to close the door. She can suffer.

His mind continued to race around in a triathlon, weighing the good and bad of this whole situation, as he made his way through his apartment. Muttering to himself as he cleaned Leon’s bowl and prepared the dog for his feast for the night, Sehun continued to question if it was him that was crazy for her. Well, she obviously seemed like she was going to come, right? But he didn’t even tell her the location or time! How was she going to know where to go and what time? And what about her travelling by herself? No, he couldn’t allow her to travel by herself, dressed up. It was just screaming for attention and for someone to chloroform her from behind. No, he was going to be the one to escort her. That was his final decision.

A quick glance at the clock alerted every sense in his body; he only had an hour to get ready!

So, he placed down Leon’s food for the little dog to feast on and began his crazy scramble to try and find something to wear. Cue a tango between himself and all the outdated, now baggy clothing that would hang from his frame as he posed before the full-length mirror. A frown erupted upon his face as he brought his belt down two sizes from its normal position; I suppose he had lost some weight. It was all the effects of cancer, was it not? He had been living in sweatpants and hoodies for the month or so that he had barely realised that the clothes that were once found for him now made him look like Jerry from Subway who lost twenty kilos from eating only sandwiches from the franchise.

His phone vibrated on his bedside locker, illuminating the message that would be his saving grace. His manager, that good and faithful Manager Choi, had sent through a reminder that there was an outfit already prepared for him and hanging up in the bathroom. Of course! Manager Choi had mentioned the other day that he would organise the outfit for him, knowing that chemotherapy had knocked him around a fair bit and he hadn’t had the chance to get out of the house to pick a new outfit. And just like the message said – there was the outfit. Hanging on the shower rail, covered in a plastic suit cover. A quick zip down, Sehun observed the outfit that was picked for him. Manager Choi… He sure knew that Sehun liked to keep things plain and simple, didn’t he?

A swift change into his new suit, Sehun stared up at the mirror before him. The grey jacket and suit pants, and the white collarless shirt fit him like a dream. How did Manager Choi always manage to get it all right? The man must’ve measured him in his slumber or something to get it so accurate. Sehun presented his reflection with a smile consisting of pressing his lips tightly together before placing his hand on top of his short haircut. It was probably due for another shave; he had been hoping he could keep it longer for just a little bit more, but there was evidence of each hair follicle finally calling the quits and giving up.

Right. It was time to move.

His phone in his pockets, Sehun cooed a goodbye to the love of his life – his dog – before exiting his apartment. Feet in dress shoes hastily made its way to the front of Hye-Sun’s door. She may have said that she would see him there but honestly, did she really know where she was going, what time she was going and if it was safe to go there by herself? Sehun assumed the answer for all those questions; a no. So, once more, he raised his hand and pressed against the doorbell.

Ding dong

/*DO NOT REMOVE CREDIT*/

© weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back