• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Bug I keep getting a 521 Error

Lord Aphrodite

To conquer death, you only have to die.
This has happened occasionally for the past two weeks or so. Every so often, I'll get the 521 disconnect error. It's not my problem, the error page says its a host problem. So what's with that? Moderator Moderator

I've gotten those before as well. I even investigated one (or a similar error) with Wizard and we discovered that it was nothing I could fix or they could fix. The problem stopped on it's own but recently started up once again.

I've gotten those before as well. I even investigated one (or a similar error) with Wizard and we discovered that it was nothing I could fix or they could fix. The problem stopped on it's own but recently started up once again.
I'll screenshot my page if it happens again.

We are aware as this has been happening on and off for a while now for a few seconds before the server responds. Not sure what is the cause at this time.

Yeah, it happens, sorry :/ It should fix after a minute or two.

When trying to post, I'm getting pop ups that say there's a problem and that there might be more details in the browser console. Does that have anybody to do with this error? I'm getting both.

It's basically the same thing. If you're trying to do something within a page (likes, posts, etc.) it gives the popup; if you're trying to load a new page, it gives the error message page instead.

We are looking into it, to see what the problem is. It might be an issue with Cloudflare, regardless of how often it says it is the server. Going to patch somethings now on our end and see if that fixes it.

I don't know if it's supposed to be fixed by now, but last night it happened to me and (funny story) right after looking at this it did it again. Oh nice, my mouse is working again.

Once it gets resolved there'll probably be some sort of announcement.

So the suspicion at this point ( The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard had the idea ) is that the HTTPS certificate automatically renewed itself, and this confused the Cloudflare communication process running on the server. I'm not sure why it was causing only intermittent issues, but all I have done is restart the process, and so far it seems to have cleared up the issue.

So the suspicion at this point ( The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard had the idea ) is that the HTTPS certificate automatically renewed itself, and this confused the Cloudflare communication process running on the server. I'm not sure why it was causing only intermittent issues, but all I have done is restart the process, and so far it seems to have cleared up the issue.
I concur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back