Other I just need to get this off my chest...

So here's a little rant of mine, don't mind me...

So, I really like to roleplay, and when I was little, I used to roleplay all the time. It was great, because it kept me occupied a lot. But over the years, my roleplay activity has declined because of my roleplaying partners being too busy with real life, y'know, college, high school, that kind of shit, and that leaves me all alone with no one to roleplay with. Whenever I try to start a roleplay with someone on this site, I never get a response back from someone or a roleplay I'm in dies out because everyone on this website is busy with real life as well. I understand that everyone has lives outside the internet, but I've got way too much time on hands unlike the rest of the internet. I just wanna roleplay, but I keep being ignored, and I don't like being ignored...I need someone to roleplay with who's got enough time on hands to RP with me and takes the time for it, and doesn't ignore me when starting a roleplay or participating in one with me.

I find a good way to fix this problem is to post your time zone and a soft schedule. For instance :

Hey I'm Susie, I'm in EST
I am available every day from 3-5pm in the evenings
I would prefer a partner who can post every day or every other day.

Now you might not find someone right away but it will at least give your partners a realistic expectation of when you'll be available and when you are expecting them to post.

That said I find getting a hobby outside of roleplaying helps. For those times when there is a slump in available partners having something else to do helps the days go by faster. I listen to a lot of podcasts or work on original world building in my spare time. But I'm sure you could find something you enjoy that will at least fill the time while you look for partners.

I find a good way to fix this problem is to post your time zone and a soft schedule. For instance :

Hey I'm Susie, I'm in EST
I am available every day from 3-5pm in the evenings
I would prefer a partner who can post every day or every other day.

Now you might not find someone right away but it will at least give your partners a realistic expectation of when you'll be available and when you are expecting them to post.

That said I find getting a hobby outside of roleplaying helps. For those times when there is a slump in available partners having something else to do helps the days go by faster. I listen to a lot of podcasts or work on original world building in my spare time. But I'm sure you could find something you enjoy that will at least fill the time while you look for partners.
Yeah, timezones are also a problem when it comes to finding RP partners. And yeah, I know I need a hobby outside of roleplaying, but finding a hobby is hard for me since I'm not open to trying new things. But yeah, having a hobby will help out in filling my time while looking for partners.

Update: I STILL don't have anyone to RP with because I everyone I try to start an RP with is always busy with shit in real life, and I'm really starting to lose my patience. I hope I find an RP partner who isn't super busy with real life shit before people start getting on my last nerves.

What kind of RPs are you interested in?
Have you started an interest check? Maybe you should try that.

Also, how what are your post requriements? I don't think everyone can post everyday. (Myself included. I can generally guarantee posts every week, unless I say otherwise, but I definetly can't gurantee daily posts.

I think this may be true of a lot of people.

What kind of RPs are you interested in?
Have you started an interest check? Maybe you should try that.

Also, how what are your post requriements? I don't think everyone can post everyday. (Myself included. I can generally guarantee posts every week, unless I say otherwise, but I definetly can't gurantee daily posts.

I think this may be true of a lot of people.
I have made an interest check thread, here's a link to it: Fandom - Another Attempt At Finding Partners

Most people indeed can't post every day, but I can because I have a lot of time on hands, but since not everyone can post everyday, I could give them post requirements of about once a week, but I won't accept longer than that.

You know, I get the feeling. I am pretty reliable, unless something dire happens (it usually doesn't, and when it does it won't take more than a few days, like the time I was in the hospital for surgery), as, well, I am an adult, and I can manage my own time, while most people around here are students, and their time hardly belongs to them.

Thing is, I am not a fandom player, and even if I were, I have no knowledge of these
Sonic the Hedgehog
Super Mario
Grand Theft Auto
Pokémon (Up until X and Y.) (I don't know much about the tv show, but I'm happy to try and do a roleplay about the show anyway.)
Animal Crossing

Yeah, I hate that most roleplayers on the internet are students, because those are the busiest people in the whole wide world, it makes my short temper only shorter, and it annoys me to the very core of my soul that no one has time for me because they're so fucking busy with college and shit.

I both make the problem and have that problem. It's annoying though when you have so many people wanting to RP that they end up swarming you in a butt hole of RPs.
Seriously, one person replies, then another, another,another,anotherthenanotherthenanotherthenanother.....

I only have the problem. Seriously, everyone I have tried to start an RP with either declines because they're so damn busy, I never get a response back from someone, or a roleplay I'm in dies out because everyone is so damn busy. It really pisses me off, and like I said, it only makes my already short temper even shorter. I just wish I had RP partners with enough time on hands to actually devote themselves to an RP instead of ditching me for real life shit like all my RP partners do.

I would say you should keep looking to find people who have similar schedules as yours, you might have to look for a minute but I'm sure there are people out there. Losing your cool is only going to mess you up. People are always going to different schedules, that's just something you have to deal with when it comes down to roleplay.

I both have the problem and create the problem. I have a busy real life and in turn that has made me a very patient partner. The replies you have to wait a bit for, in my experience, tend to be some of the best but that point is moot. I have also learned that being a patient partner leaves people incredibly grateful and they are more likely to stick around and give you the best replies they can give you. The majority of busy people have not forgotten about you, some things just demand more time. As someone who just graduated college, I can tell you that they usually aren't in charge of how much work they have on their plate. I occupy my time on threads like this while I'm waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back