Other I just left a cult religion...

Strawberry Ink

Positively Primeval
I don't even know where to start. My family and I are equal parts angry, sad and relieved to be leaving this church. A part of me wants to explain how I got to this point, but I'd be writing an entire book for you all so... it might be best to give a basic summary. My family and I found out that the Seventh Day Adventist church is a cult and that their prophet is a hypocritical liar. We wasted years of our lives; time, energy, money and even dreams. Thank God we finally realized we were being deceived.

It honestly felt like a string of events. If I had to narrow it down, it was when we started to really look into the investigative judgement prophecy. We realized that the dates the prophet was using didn't align with historical events or what the Bible was describing. Our pastor couldn't make any sense of it when we brought it up to him. He had to deny both Bible and history in order to stick with the prophet. That was the nail in the coffin but we had some red flags before then but we didn't know better at the time.

I can't describe how much peace I feel, guys. Even though I wasn't chained to a bed or anything, there was a lot of psychological abuse going on. You're so filled with fear over not being perfect enough. It's insane. I spent a good couple of years without doing anything, not even playing video games. The stress was killing me. The only reason why I came to this site actually was to "escape" from my life, but even roleplaying filled me with guilt.

I hope you and you're family can find a lot more peace and happiness now that you're away from that. Well wishes to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back