Advice/Help I just got a really good idea for an RP...but I'm already hosting one.

Coco Adel

The Abandoned Maiden
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So I just got a really good idea for an RP. The problem is I'm already hosting a group RP and while it has slowed down for the moment I don't necessarily want to drop it, but I'm not sure if I should make another RP when I'm technically already hosting one. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Should I go for it, should I not? What should I do?

EDIT: I debated mentioning the first part but ended up doing it anyway. Oh well.
If they aren't all down for it beforehand, I don't think the people in your current RP would be thrilled if you immediately dropped it in favor of a different idea you're interested in. If things are slowing down to a crawl, though, it may be an option worth considering.

If the burden of two group RPs looks like it might be too much to handle, then perhaps your idea is something you can collaborate on with a co-GM. If you're open to it, sharing the load may make it easier for you to divide your attention between all your roleplays at once.

Last edited:
If they aren't all down for it beforehand, I don't think the people in your current RP would be thrilled if you immediately dropped it in favor of a different idea you're interested in. If things are slowing down to a crawl, though, it may be an option worth considering.

If the burden of two group RPs looks like it might be too much to handle, then perhaps your idea is something you can collaborate on with a co-GM. If you're open to it, sharing the load may make it easier for you to divide your attention between all your roleplays at once.
Umm, I wasn't planning to drop current RP that's why I asked if it was a good idea to start another but other than that okay.

It entirely depends on how much time you can spend on two rps.
If you think you can dedicate to them more or less equally, then go for it.
If starting a new one would make you get overwhelmed by the need of managing two groups then maybe reconsider or look for a co-GM.

Hmm if you really want to do it I'd say like everyone else either find a Co-GM or perhaps make it a small manageable group. I know not everyone like to be specific about post size, but sometimes this can help the pace of RP not be so overwhelming I'm not saying they have to write a 5000-word essay but maybe give them a paragraph minimum quota. Of course that's up to you I've just heard it helps.

I'd probably wait and start it once the current one is finished. If it's a good idea then waiting a while won't diminish it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back