Anime & Manga I have no life, so recommend me some anime!

Kurotsuki

One body, many minds
Heya! I'm a budding weeb looking for some great anime to watch. I was wondering if any of y'all have some recommendations! I'll give you some I liked and didn't like so you can get a better idea.

Anime I liked;
A.I.C.O. Incarnation
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Soul Eater

Anime I didn't like;
Angel Beats!
Any of the various Pokemon anime
Cardcaptor Sakura

If you make a recommendation, thank you in advance!

Have you seen the first Danganronpa Anime? Its honestly pretty good!

P.S if you have, I recommend you ‘Kakegurui’ Its on netflix and its and absolute trip

Dr. Stone
Berserk (There’s a lot of violence and sensitive themes in this one, so caution advised)
Persona 5 The Animation
Hellsing (2001)

Hmmm...lemme see

Wolf Children. Really sweet wholesome, and emotional movie. Probably among my favorites.

FMA/FMA: Brotherhood. Start with either, just be aware the 1003 series sort of goes off the rails near the end, while Brotherhood follows the manga pretty much 1 for 1. Either are really damn good regardless.

Anohana. Only if you wanna cry your eyes out and lay on the floor being miserable. Really damn sad.

Beastars and Aggretsuko are on Netflix if you have that. Also Samurai Champloo is good too! The soundtrack is immaculate

If you like Soul Eater you'll probably like Fire Force. It's the same animation studio and has a good narrative. I also recommend Jujustu Kaisen and Demon Slayer.

I've only watched a couple of silly, slice-of-life comedy animes, so I might not have the same experience as others do with anime. If you like simple, slice-of-life, lighthearted comedy though, I recommend these two:

-Squid Girl

-Azumanga Daioh

They're mostly family-friendly, by the way.

Akira
Azumanga Daioh
Ancient Magus' Bride
Angelic Layer
Afro Samurai
Abenobashi Magical Shopping Arcade
Baccano
Berserk
Black Butler
Birdy the Mighty
Black Lagoon
Excel Saga
Fairy Gone
FLCL
Gurren Lagann
Gun Gale Online
Jormungand
Kaleido Star
Kill la kill
Last Exile
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit
Michiko and Hatchin
Monster
Noir
Ouran High School Host Club
Orphen
Outlaw star
Paranoia Agent
Phantom
Redline
Samurai X
Samurai Champloo
Space Dandy
Squid Girl
Vampire Hunter D
Welcome to the NHK

You might enjoy Steins;Gate. It's a sci-fi series about a group of nerdy friends who discover a way to send text messages to the past and things kind of spiral out of control from there. It's been a while since I watched it and I think it starts kind of slow but when shit hits the fan you'll know if it's your kind of story or not.

There are some iffy aspects about one character's gender and how the show treats it that I'm still not sure how to feel about but other than that it's a fun show.

you might like noragami and d-gray man. madoka magica reminds me of yuuki yuuna wa yuusha de aru, which i also loved. full metal alchemist: brotherhood is something i'd suggest to anyone!

Veteran otaku/weeb reporting. I'm going to give you a couple of shows and why they might be of interest.

If you liked Madoka, you could enjoy Fate/Zero. It's not a Magical Girl show, but it has a lot of similar themes, general vibe, and production. Unless I'm mistaken, both of them also have the same composer. Fate/Zero also acts as a near-perfect entry into the Fate franchise, which is one of the cult classics. Fate is a pretty big franchise, but it's hard to get into; Fate/Zero is the prime entry point for any enterprising rookie. There's also the added bonus that Fate roleplays are decently popular.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is practically a must-watch. It looks intimidating to the average viewer on approach, but it's actually quite more than what the cover suggests. Its only anime adaptations are recent, but the manga is pretty much ancient. It was the classic before the classics, so to speak, and inspired a lot of other works. In fact, JoJo has been an inspiration for so many wide-eyed mangaka that if you watch an anime, there's a more or less 50% chance that it will have a JoJo reference in some way, shape, or form. Some of them are really unrepentant about it. Case in point, first clip of this video.

Berserk is another classic. It has a gritty, dark tone, and like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, has been an inspiration for a lot of other works. A lot of people often say that Berserk inspired Dark Souls, and if you look at the hard evidence, there's actually something of a case to be made about it.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Log Horizon, and Evangelion are some of the other favorites among connoisseurs. All of them have extremely good characters and worldbuilding; Evangelion has a notably darker and more realistic tone than the other two, though.

Code Geass is a must-watch. Pretty much almost anything I say about it would be a spoiler, and even the stuff that doesn't count as spoilers might give you the wrong idea about what it's actually about. If you like being in constant awe, I recommend it - that's how it made me feel, at least.

If you're living in 2021, then Shingeki no Kyojin is a must-watch. To be perfectly honest, when I watched Season 1 several years back, I was slightly off-put by what appeared to be a lack of telos in the series, but I was quick to change my mind. The last chapter of the manga was allegedly written before the first one even released, because the author wanted to ensure there was a perfect level of attention to detail. It has incredibly clever twists that are well-foreshadowed. If you're going to watch Shingeki no Kyojin, avoid comment sections; even among the most exalted anime, this is a once-in-a-lifetime ride, so don't let them spoil it.

Anyone who tells you to watch Cowboy Bebop and Baccano has patrician taste. Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate are also very good - or if you prefer comedy over grittiness, the Abridged version is surprisingly good with that; you can watch it for free on Youtube for a good laugh.

I could keep going for a hundred paragraphs, but these are the ones that came immediately to mind.

The most recent one I watched is called Akudama Drive. It's just a single season so it's not too much of an investment, but it was amazing. Quite dark, fast paced and a lot of action.

I can't give you a recommendation based on what you have liked/disliked so far, since it's such a small list. I guess you are still trying to figure out what your anime tastes are. So, I'll recommend based on what I like.
- Code Geass, my favorite anime.
- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, an anime I have yet to find someone that disliked it, so hopefully you'll like that one too.
- Air Gear, since you liked Soul Eater (which is a pretty weird and unique anime), you might like this one as it too, is quite weird and unique (in a good way).
- Steins;Gate, such an amazing anime. Not for everyone, but wow, so good.

some my recommendations in general:
  1. fairy tail
  2. the devil is a part-timer if your into stuff like that
  3. the time i was reincarnated as a slime
  4. demon slayer
  5. blue exorcist its an underrated anime but really good for the seasons it does have (only two atm)
  6. high rise invasion (netflix original anime as well)
  7. pyscho-pass
if you enjoy Puella Magi Madoka Magica you might enjoy:
  1. Gonna be the Twin-Tail!!
  2. kill la kill
  3. charolette
  4. future diary
If you enjoy Soul eater you may also enjoy:
  1. D. Gray man
  2. shaman king
  3. noragami
  4. the fate series
  5. nanbaka (idiots with numbers)