• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Other Ivy's Art Dump

71B8328F-B818-4072-ADB7-61CDADFEF712.jpeg
>MHA/BNHA OC I made for an ‘expelled OC’ challenge/prompt a while ago. (Aka she was part of the class Aizawa mentions expelling a year before Midoriya Izuku’s class arrived.)

3663FB31-2254-45FC-AB1D-B303D4F2EFBF.jpeg
>Design for my ‘Danganronpa 2’ OC: Tomomi Ayakawa, the ultimate Mangaka.
(I’ve finished this almost two months ago... but I’m still not sure if I like the design or not.)

6E004879-D631-46D1-AB9D-60474015FC09.jpeg
>this pice was done yesterday however , since my internet was down: Happy late Halloween everyone! :)
(If anyone is wondering- “but does your drawing have anything to do with Halloween?” Well, if you look closely, you might just notice some sharp teeth on the first character and some scales on the second 😉 haha, I’m lame I know.)

My art journey
Things have changed XD
7AD4E094-75D6-445E-9F05-EB582B1364DD.jpeg
98692BF5-28C3-4957-9211-453DD6EA2051.jpeg

(Honestly, turn back while you still can- this block of text is cringeworthy.)
Yes, both of these monstrosities were created by yours truly- and it was because I needed to take my frustrations out on something. Alright, it’s vent time.

I’ve never been too interested in drawing as a child- well, no more than any other kid my age. I still had mandatory art classes all throughout middle school and, during those 8 years, I’ve only ever created two pieces I’ve liked, one being the cringe bucket at the very top. I thought it looked quite amazing back then... yeah, nope.

I started getting really interested in art sometime around October 2014, when I (re)discovered anime. For me, drawing was a healthy method to deal with my bad state of mind at the time. I won’t dwelve too deep into that since I don’t want this to turn into a sob story- all I can say is, drawing was one of the few things that made me feel like there was something good left about me.

Back to present time: for a few months now, I’ve been continuously running headfirst into an “art block”... if that is even the right term to use (spoiler alert: it probably isn’t). No matter what I drew, no matter how many compliments I received from my friends and family, I didn’t like what I created. Loathed would be a good term to describe it. My drawings were “good”- but never “good enough”. My drawings weren’t interesting, they didn’t have a clear focal point, the color scheme was a mess, there wasn’t a good shadow/light play going on, the “muse” was repetitive and overused, the art style was inconsistent- the list could go on and on. The was always a better drawing than mine because there’s always someone better than you and us feeble humans just love putting ourselves down by comparing ourselves to others.

In order to combat this, I’ve decided to do a “draw this again” art challenge with a piece I actually used to like- my brain wouldn’t be able to accept the fact that I had significantly improved otherwise. I mean: the best person to compare my art to was myself. And thus, I ended up with that second drawing.

So, now that’s all said and done... I think this small experiment might have helped me a little. At the very least, I don’t feel like this particular hobby of mine is a “waste of time” anymore. I’m able to accept that while I’m clearly far from a professional artist, my art is a lot better than what it used to be. And that’s all one could ask for. Who knows- maybe some years from now, I’ll do this again and end up with an ever better drawing.

I honestly feel bad for anyone who was brave enough to read through all that, but: if any of my fellow artists are reading this & have encountered a similar problem I honestly recommend doing this challenge- who knows, it may just help you feel better.

Alright, that’s enough talk, I’m out. Till next time stay awesome peeps 😊

Aaaand I’m officially back from the dead (for the time being)! So, I did a thing on my phone a bit ago and thought I could post it here... (it’s also on my DA account)
DDE54885-495A-4BEE-B4B2-64570ED3B945.gif
Hope you like it? :3

I love the way you colour! The outlining is phenomenal. You have heavily improved over the years. Takara is my favourite of the bunch.

157179C5-25A2-4AB1-B91D-FDE93008BA65.pngEarly Valentines Day art of my OC (Dr. Cathrin Sorge) and her love interest (Commander Erwin Smith)- kinda similar to the very first drawing I posted here? Honestly this particular piece took a lot of time, energy, and re-touches over re-touches... but it is (probably) my best digital piece ever so it all balances out in the end. Also: proof you don’t need a tablet or a stylus to create decent digital art? XD
That is all 😊

7A0DAD8E-5FEA-4194-A906-D37B01DA22EA.jpeg

About time I posted something new here...

My mom did that little doodle in the corner, and I just had to make my interpretation of it- this was a once in a lifetime chance seeing as she never draws. I guess one could call this a ‘collaboration project’ of sorts? (She liked it, but told me I got the pose wrong- oh well 😂)

Whoa, I really haven’t posted on here for almost 3 years, huh?

Anyway- here is my latest drawing:

6573D258-1F31-4D25-947B-2E402A83F367.jpeg

This is a mix of the “Lookism” art-style with my own.

Since I’m trying to mimic a Webtoon panel here, the overall drawing is not detailed/properly shaded/etc- thus it didn’t take too long to make. [Also CC (Jake Kim) x OC (Sasha Yong) because I’m ‘cringe’ like that XD]

P.s: if any Lookism reader happens to see this and wants a RP feel free to shoot me a PM lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back