• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom i dont like a gold rush (private)

ad0ra

heres the thread!

: faceclaim: giulia maenza

name: aurora-jane collymore // aj

abilities (known): super strength, super speed, heightened senses (similar to the spider-sense)

unknown abilities (that will develop later on): empath (can feel others feelings) and fire abilities. as of right now even aurora doesnt know she has or can do either of these. i might add on later but im pretty happy with just these

history (as far as tony and the rest of the avengers could find): aurora, or aj, is incredibly smart (on the level of bruce and tony smart). her records say she pretty much never failed a class and her previous jobs have nothing but good things to say about her character and work ethic. similar to stephen strange, aj worked in the medical field except she jumped around with professions. after about seven years in the field and remaining at one job location, she was suddenly hospitalized for nearly four months and quit her job. she wasnt seen for another few months until tony bumped into her. someone had tried to rob tony, but before he could even defend himself, aj stepped in. unbeknownst to her, she was helping an avenger. ever since then, tony had been secretly working with her and testing her abilities (and knowledge), trying to find a way to introduce her to the other avengers. as for family, aj is fortunate to have her grandmother, father, and little brother still in her life

so, im assuming that you love it?
aj looked up from the paperwork in the file that tony had slid to her from across the cafeteria table, and met his brown eyes with her own hazel eyes. her orbs were lit up in awe and amazement at the creation before her.
its… honestly, its awesome.”
the female was almost speechless when it came to the newest stark invention before her. after having been snuck into the avenger’s compound by tony (which wasnt new to aj: this had been going on for months until tony was ready to introduce her to the rest of the avengers), he had all but shoved her into the nearest chair and shoved all the printouts of his new project onto her to look at.
aj had never seen her friend (and boss) so boastful about one of his creations. even for tony, the amount of gloating hes done was a lot. the pride basically shone in his eyes, and glowed all around him. aj wasnt normally one to indulge in stroking his ego, but she had to admit, this was nothing short of impressive. she couldnt wait to go up to his lab to see it in person.
before the two sat a photo of an all white helmet, similar to the shape of iron man’s face structure. however, this was far more intense in terms of technology. the helmet was state of the art replication engineering. ultimately, it was a cloning device that could make the wearer appear to be anybody.
aj had so many more questions about the helmet, but it had been nearly 20 minutes of them conversing about it already. there hadnt been a moment of silence until now, the previous time being spent with the two individuals nearly talking over each other in childlike excitement.
i tried telling the others about this, and they werent nearly as impressed. you know, i-
tony cut himself off when he noticed happy approaching the two of them. tony’s annoyance showed almost immediately. having had his security around for so long, he knew exactly when he was about to be pulled away from a conversation to deal with something stupid.
hey boss, pepper needs your help with something. ill explain on the way there. hi, aj.” happy turned to the girl and smiled. aj smiled back and laughed quietly at tony’s irritation.
tony huffed and stood up from his chair. “well, duty calls.
he looked up at aj. “you mind waiting while i-“
the dirty blonde girl eagerly shook her head. “of course,” she replied. “you better come back though, so that i can see this in person.
shortly after tony left with happy, aj picked up the documents again and continued to study them. it truly was amazing that tony pretty much created a no-fail way of pretending to be somebody else. kate knew that this should be impossible to do, but she also knew that the word ‘impossible’ didnt apply to tony. it never had and probably never would.
it was a slow day at the avenger’s compound. tony had said that business was slow this time of year, so the avengers were allowed to come and go while a lot of the staff were on breaks or using up their pto. it explained why they had been sitting in the cafeteria instead of aj having been snuck in and ushered up to tony’s private lab. it was clear that tony wasnt expecting to run into any of his teammates. however, to anyone who didnt know aj was soon going to be one of them, it did look quite suspicious for her to be holding a giant stack of papers in a file that said ‘confidential’ in bold red letters.
a few moments had passed before aj realized that she had been here for almost a half hour, sitting in the cafeteria, and she hadnt even gotten anything to drink or eat. before she had time to contemplate ordering, one of the kitchen staff brought over a large iced coffee and gave it to her with a smile.
pepper told us through friday to get you a drink while you wait for him to come back,” the older woman said cheerfully. “said something about loving having you around so often.”
aj smiled and thanked her for the drink and took a sip.

// i figured steve could just jump in lol

The Avenger's compound was fairly empty since many of its residents and workers were away, but Steve enjoyed the quiet. As much as he enjoyed the noise and hustle and bustle of the compound, it was nice to have some quiet downtime. He could walk across the compound without being stopped about fifty times by people asking him questions or requesting this or that. All of it was work, but it slowed him down when he was trying to get things done. It was also especially nice when he was trying to go on runs around the compound. Usually he had to run outside since so many people stopped him otherwise, but with everyone gone he could take a few laps inside.

One thing it did make difficult, however, was trying to find the people he needed to find. He couldn't go asking around for someone and he still felt a little uncomfortable asking an AI for help. He was old-fashioned, what could he say? So, when he needed to find someone he ended up walking around for what was sometimes hours. Steve never understood why Tony had had to build the place so big. They could have done with a smaller compound. But there was no telling the guy to think small.

Steve was trying to find Tony currently to talk to him about doing some tech upgrades while everyone was away. He had already lapped the compound once, unable to find him at all. This time, he wasn't going to walk around empty-handed. He was feeling hungry, so at least he could eat and walk. And, since he had lapped the building, he was now close to the cafeteria. Walking in, he headed straight for the back of the room where the kitchen was.

"Just a minute, sir. Berry smoothie, extra protein?" One of the workers asked. He ordered the same thing so often, it seemed the staff had memorized it.

"You got it, though why don't we throw something else in there to mix it up? Surprise me," Steve smiled. The worker gave him a thumbs up and got to work making the smoothie. Steve leaned against the counter, finally looking around the room to find only one other person there. They were sitting at one of the tables with a drink and a large file. It wasn't anyone he recognized though, and he had looked through all of the personnel files as people were being hired on.

The cafeteria worker brought over his smoothie, which Steve thanked them for. Then he approached the person in the room. "Hey there, I don't think I recognize you. Are you a new hire?" Steve asked. He hadn't heard of any departments hiring at the compound, but there was a lot of administrative work that went on that he wasn't a part of.

aj looked up from her paperwork - well, tony's papers - as the staff walked away, and found that her eyes were shortly thereafter met with steve's blue ones. she blinked slowly, realization sinking in that, holy smokes, she was talking to an avenger! but wait, tony hadn't wanted anyone to meet her yet, right? what should she say? aj wasn't really one for lying, she always thought that honesty was the best way to go. she knew it wasn't tony's go to, but she would rather deal with his consequences later.

so she smiled up at the avenger and motioned to the paper in her left hand, setting down the drink that had been held in her right. "something like that," she replied. "i don't think tony knows that you're here."

she wasn't guessing, she knew this. otherwise she wouldn't have been sitting here in public. tony had gone over (and over and over) the many fights between him and steve, and he knew that he was just a short fuse away from the two avengers getting into another fight. it had been why he was so careful about introducing another member to the team, especially after a certain web slinging teenager was brought into their last fight.

"i'm aurora," she introduced. the dirty blonde did her best to keep her excitement at bay, although she was sure that by now her smile gave away how star-struck she truly was. damn, aj had always been the excited type. regardless, she tried to keep her voice even. "um, and of course, thank you for your service. i appreciate all you've done for us." was that too lame? she surely hoped not. but how many people get to say that they personally thanked an avenger? nevermind the fact that she was about to be one herself, that hadn't even fully processed at this point despite the amount of times she'd snuck into the facility with tony and happy.

// sorry im still trying to figure out a format that looks better to read and is easy for me to type with lol

Attachments

• 1641867743447.png
    1641867743447.png
    898.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 1641867762295.png
    1641867762295.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
"Oh, alright," Steve looked confused at the woman's answer. "I'm not sure where he would think I am." Steve never took vacations when everyone else did. In fact, he never took vacations at all. Not working just wasn't his thing. Some might call him a workaholic, but it was just who he was. Unless Tony had thought he had gone out to do something. Whatever the case, it wasn't worth pondering over.

"In any case, it's nice to meet you Aurora," Steve shook his head to clear his thoughts. "You really don't have to thank me. I just do what's right." He had always felt weird about people thanking him for his service when he was in the army too. He just didn't feel like people needed to thank him. He had never fought to earn praise or adoration. It was just the right thing to do.

"So what department are you in? Seems like an odd time to be hiring with everyone gone." Steve took a seat across from her at the table since he planned on chatting for a bit. He couldn't imagine anyone giving up on vacation time to work with some new hires. Pretty much everyone was always ecstatic to take off from work.

There were some others who stuck around all the time. Natasha was almost always around. She was a lot like Steve in the fact that neither of them had much of a life outside of work. There were some other workers in the compound who were also workaholics. Steve knew a few of them, only because they were around all the time. And when everyone else was gone, it was a greater chance to get some one on one time with him.

(No problem)

aj definitely couldn’t help the sparkle in her eye, but she bit the inside of her cheek to try and prevent her smile widening in excitement as steve, a world-wide icon, sat down before her. the eagerness for conversation with him still showed anyways.

oh! um, that’s a funny and loaded question actually.” she laughed a little nervously. internally, she knew that this was bound to happen at some point. where someone would ask who she was. but trying to deflect such a straight forward question with someone like steve? that was going to be nearly impossible.

she was already a pretty bad liar, although some would argue that her ability to get oh so easily flustered often worked in the favor of trying to lie. but aj knew better than to be decieving upon her first meeting with a teammate (oh my gosh, she was teammates with the avengers!). and so, hoping that tony wouldn’t give her too much trouble for her honesty, she unlocked her phone, and opened up her texts with tony. pulling up the attached images in their conversations, she turned the phone screen towards steve to reveal that her avenger’s badge id and comm were in the process of being made.

he was going to wait to introduce me until - actually, i don’t know what for -“ she admitted shyly, “-but i guess the short answer is, whatever department you’re in..?”

Steve tilted his head slightly at Aurora's response. He wasn't sure how a question about where she was working could be considered loaded. It seemed pretty straightforward to him. That was until Aurora took out her phone and pulled something up to show him. Looking at what she had pulled up, it was a badge for the compound. An Avenger badge. Steve blinked, his face turning into a frown as he pieced together what Aurora was doing here. Tony was recruiting people without telling anyone else on the team and without any of their input. Which, given they were a team, was pretty important.

"Apologies," Steve said as he stood up from the table. "I should really find Tony. We have some things to talk about, clearly," he muttered the last part under his breath.

"I don't suppose you know where he is?" Steve asked. If Tony had brought her in, what was he doing leaving her alone? Clearly he hadn't wanted anyone to know she was coming. He'd gone through the effort to go behind everyone's back and authorize her as an Avenger when no one else on the team had agreed to it yet. Steve was all for bringing on more people, they had accepted Wanda onto the team as well as Vision, Sam, and Rhodey (though he continued to work for the U.S. military). Protecting the earth would be easier with more people on hand, but the people who had been allowed to join had all been discussed by those already on the team.

Leave it to Tony to not bother with formalities, Steve thought. He didn't normally get angry, but Tony seemed to have a way of pushing all of his buttons all of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back