Advice/Help I Can't Think Of A Word

Satanic Nightjar

reach for the stars and don't settle for the moon
omg there's already a thread for this
quarantine has blocked all blood flow to my brain xD

the word i am searching for means an item that is provided to everyone, like "rations" or "provisions", something that meets only the basic needs for survival. i'm writing a dystopian novel at the moment. the word is referring to a blanket that has been assigned to the main character and all of the other soldiers-in-training. help me out please please please

Allowance, quota, allotment, share, apportionment, allocation, hand-out, budget? That's all the non super-awkward ones I could find. Hope that helps!

Grant, aid, subsidy, stipend, endowment, subsistence, sustenance, supplies?
Those are good words but they don't work in the context of the sentence.. "pushed back the ____ blankets". Something like a cross between "typical" and "rations" and I swear I'm not imagining this xD

You might not be imagining this, but you totally could! ^~^. Just make up a word! The adjective you want could be named after whatever rationing program the characters are put under- or after a famous political figure in their culture the characters don't particularly like. In the U.S during the great depression, poor shanty towns were named "Hoovervilles". The blankets could also be named after a super prevalent brand that has control over much of the market, since it's a dystopia. Let me know if you come up with anything, and good luck!

You might not be imagining this, but you totally could! ^~^. Just make up a word! The adjective you want could be named after whatever rationing program the characters are put under- or after a famous political figure in their culture the characters don't particularly like. In the U.S during the great depression, poor shanty towns were named "Hoovervilles". The blankets could also be named after a super prevalent brand that has control over much of the market, since it's a dystopia. Let me know if you come up with anything, and good luck!
Ahaha okay, thank you!

Sites I've come across that help with this:

For future reference/anyone else!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back