• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic I Can't Remember (Sci-Fi Plot)

Kerenza

The City

You wake up pregnant. Not a day later, but at least four months. You're young, though not too young, and you're not sure how far back your memory has been taken. There's a metallic taste in your mouth, and you know you bit down when they took your memory. Were you fighting it?

The Outside

After eighteen hours of work, you need a bit of a break. The smoothie you drink before bed calms you down, but it's not what you're really waiting for. You slip the pill under the tongue while you drink your smoothie, then lay down before it hits you. A memory. The swirl of young love, the way his hand fits into yours, the way he looks at you: just perfect enough to suggest minor editing. It makes all the work worth it: money for another memory, and another, and another.

Plot

My world has two separate parts to the area: The City, where people live "average" lives, with mainstays such as jobs, partners, children. Besides being stuck in a city, there is one other major change: their memories are taken, sold to those on The Outside. Sometimes they lose an hour, sometimes decades. They get paid for their memory, but is it worth it? Often, they don't get a choice either way.

In The Outside, the population is much higher than The City, but they are not literally walled in. They instead work day after day, only stopping to sleep (and for a nutrient smoothie of course). Still, they are able to buy memories and are told it's so much better than living in The City: they can experience dozens, hundreds of different lives, and in The City, they can only live one. But, if they mess up, to The City they go.

Characters

I'm open to a variety of different characters, and the story will depend on what characters people choose. I will play all NPC, which will be involved heavily in the taking and giving of memories. The thing to remember though is that people do not travel from The City to The Outside at will. Someone who stirs up trouble in The Outside will be sent to The City, but after that, they cannot come back. That is not something I am willing to change. But for most things, we can have a discussion.

About You

I'm looking for people over the age of 18, preferably at least 3. I would prefer people willing to take one character in The City and one in The Outside, or perhaps if we have enough we could simply have a few people in both areas without doubling up (so that the whole world is getting played).

About Me

I'm a 24-year-old female who would prefer to do this over rpnation, but is willing to set up a discord as necessary. There's not really too much you need to know about me, but hopefully, this seems interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back