Advice/Help I can't find good character art ;_;

I pretty much just google it all. Though, I do recommend keeping an open mind for detail reinterpretation and compromises

You could commission people if you've got the bones. Otherwise, you could request, if you don't mind using art that's more beginner level. (Or you could learn to draw yourself but that's a bit more time-consuming xD)

I usually search through Google Image (Yahoo and Bing give more restricted image from what I got)

If not, I use Pinterest, ArtStation, and very occassionally DeviantArt.

I 100% recommend ArtStation. Personally one of the best sites to find good art, and know who the artist is.

You could commission people if you've got the bones. Otherwise, you could request, if you don't mind using art that's more beginner level. (Or you could learn to draw yourself but that's a bit more time-consuming xD)
Seconded. In part because I've been commissioning compulsively lately, but. Commissioning an artist whose style you like is the best way to ensure you'll end up with something tailored specifically to your taste if you have a clear idea of the character.

i usually find most of my art at wikias, Pinterest or Tumblr.

If those fail, i draw... if that option is not available for you try asking a fellow Forum member nicely if they are willing to draw you some art (either for free or paid)

I endorse the idea of commissions--you get what you're looking for, you get the little thrill of it really being YOUR character, not just art that you decided was close enough, and you support other creative persons!

Beyond that, doll creators are my secondary endorsement, and the sites provided above have a pretty excellent selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back