• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Can Increase Your Power! - (Open just make a CS)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

SleepyConley

my head hurts
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Beginning

Suddenly, without warning everyone on Earth received some sort of power. The power either boosted physical strength or gave super powers. At the same time as this bizarre phenomenon, strange towers also began to rise out of the ground all throughout the world. They soon took on the name: dungeons.

Guilds formed and all throughout the world began recruiting strong people, those recruited by these guilds and are employed to enter dungeons are called: reapers. Depending on the power, or amount of power received from "The Gift" as people call it, they're 5 ranks a reaper can be. S, A, B, C, and finally D. Anyone who registers with a rank below a D class can't be a reaper, legally. S class reapers have enough power to take on an entire army all by themselves, it is said it would take 10 A ranks to take down only one S rank. Power is measured through an item known as the Measuring Flask, when you touch it, it analyzes how much of The Gift you received. Almost everyone on Earth received minuscule power, still relying on their everyday jobs to make ends meet. However, a lucky few received enough of the power to become a reaper, and reapers earn enough, even D rank reapers, to become rich.

Dungeons are full of monsters, mostly those popular in fiction. Orcs, goblins, giant animals and beasts. Even dragons, griffons and hydras. But those are considered A rank monsters and are quite rare. Sometimes, if a dungeon isn't cleared in time, these beasts can make there way to the entrance and escape. So, reapers have to be stationed in front of a dungeon at all times, even the ones that aren't planned for raiding. If a dungeon popped up somewhere and nobody knew about it... beasts from another world could travel over.

Abilities received all vary from person to person. Most D through B ranks all have very similar powers, they just vary in strength. Basic healing magic, elemental magic, super strength or speed, all very basic. However A and S ranks are more unique... They usually have increased physical stats on top of having a super power and the super powers are all usually unique. It is rare to see two A or S rank reapers with the same ability. Some have the power to fly, to summon storms, to shoot lighting, control the shadows, move between dimensions, become rubber, turn into a beast, it is all very exciting for these people who were blessed the most by The Gift.

The thing is, nobody can gain more power. What you received from The Gift is it, you're stuck with your power, your rank. You can hone your abilities, you can train your body, and you can become stronger, but it will never make a B rank stronger than an A rank. This goes for every rank. Training will never be enough to become stronger than the rank or creature in front of you.

Creatures have ranks too. Every new beast discovered in a dungeon has its ability measured using the same tool reapers use, the Measuring Flask. This data is then stored online for everyone to see. If a scout determines a dungeon to be mostly A rank creatures, it is deemed to be an A rank dungeon.

The Increaser

Guilds soon became just as powerful, if not more powerful, then the governments of the world. If one country owned only 2 S class reapers and a guild with 4 S class reapers threatened war, the country would likely try to cooperate more. Guilds often hold tournaments against other guilds broadcasted to live TV for entertainment and training. The guilds mostly do it for pride, to see which guild is the strongest however. In this new world if you didn't receive and A or S rank power, nobody wants to talk about you.

One person who was measured as an F class, woke up to a strange new power. "Welcome, Increaser." A woman will speak out of thin air. An interface that looks like it is straight out of a video game can be seen. This person will think... What is happening? The screen in front of the person will welcome them as the "increaser" and has offered them a quest: make someone random stronger.

"Make someone random stronger?"

I guess I'll head out to the mall, clear my mind.

a3d4fd24748360994d0c92b61963f656.jpgAxus Lee - The Increaser

Last edited:
What does all of this mean? "Voice thingy, can you hear me? What is all of this?"

"You are the increaser sir! This system was created with your power from The Gift just for you, since you had a strong desire to help other people and be surrounded by friends. We thought this would be the perfect way! The Gift is the, The Gift is the, one from the, The Gift is the, Overlord, gift, from, that is all." A voice of a woman will speak and seem to malfunction after talking about "The Gift".

"How do I increase someone elses power?"

"Increaser sir, you simply add them to the SySteMmmmmm system as a student and then mentor them by giving them quests. The system will give them a tablet like the one that appears in front of you. Others can see this. It will show them their stats, skills and all available points they have to spend! It does all the work for you, you just have to assign quests!"

Hmmm... seems easy enough. I just have to find someone who is willing to try this ability of mine out. Maybe I should create a guild? Let me see if I can get anyone to show up for auditioning. This is going to be an F guild, because that is my rank. We'll start by hiring ourselves out as a neighborhood watch or something. We won't be an official guild unless we could get some D ranks. Hm...

I'll go to the food court at the mall, see if I can talk to some people. I'll post an ad online too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back