• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings I ask for so little (a very picky partner search)

Debacle

Writer of Words, Maker of Things
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say, and I will be your slave.
--Jareth (The Labyrinth)

I’m looking for ‘The One’. That partner I just click with. Amazingly, we like the same sort of stories. We both love fantasy and adventure and heartache and witty dialogue. We both think a roleplay is most fun when there’s tension in every. Single. Damn. Post. We both love creating characters who are believable even when they’re like no one we’ve ever met; who are compelling and complicated, yet there’s a consistent reasoning to the things they do and say; who might be so deeply flawed they seem unsalvageable at first, but oh, just wait and see. I’m looking for a partner who thinks a character's motivation is a key part of plot, and without it, you’ve really just got a setting. Who knows it’s not about word-count, it’s about substance, god-damnit, and you left that one-liner that one time, but it was profound, and I pondered it for days.

Where are you?

Let’s write a story. I don’t know what it’s about yet. Maybe you don’t either, but we’ll bounce ideas off one another till there’s a spark, and then there’s a fire, and it’s burning us down unless we write it.

• *There are some fantastic young roleplayers on this site, but I'd prefer partners that are at least in their twenties. I am 32.

*Regarding post length: my replies average 3 to 6 paragraphs, with few that are less and a fair amount that are more. I will always give something to respond to and ask for the same. No need for a wall of text every reply; just keep the story going.

*I'm looking for a partner who will truly collaborate and work with me on actively progressing the story.

*Please be able to reply, on average, at least a couple of times a week. I can reply at least once most days.

*I'm not interested in doubling, but I will happily write a male or female character. It's a pet peeve of mine when I see roleplayers say that they will only write female main characters, so if that's you, we may not be a good match.

*Open to MxF or FxF.

*Life happens. If you disappear out of the blue and then reappear a month later, I certainly will not hold it against you.

Last edited:
First off, I just have to say wow. Thanks for putting that desire and drive into words, that was absolutely fantastic. We seem to have many similar viewpoints on several things, so if you would like, I would love to try something with you.

I've been waiting for you. Looking restlessly for you in every RP forum. Through all the failed attempts at contact I finally found you. I would love for our characters to go on an adventure together,to grow together. Please. Message me ?

Updated with a few plot ideas. Please, don't feel confined to these. I'm open to realism and fantasy, contemporary or other time periods.

Hey lovely! You might have already found the one but I figured I’d drop a line. I love darker plots, with heart ache, broken characters. If Maybeee any of that interests you don’t hesitate to let me know!

I expanded a tiny bit more to include some genres and themes I enjoy but don't currently have a solid plot for.

Hey, I'd love to RP with you! It's so difficult to find that perfect RP partner, but I appreciate your passion, and think we could work well together. I'm interested in your second fantasy plot, but we can always create something together, based off your general themes/genres. Here are some of my plots. I have a fantasy plot in there that may work?

Fantasy
Cursed. One day he was just an ordinary young man... the next, his touch brought death. He's unable to touch another person without killing them almost instantly. His family is dead and he's been exiled from his home. The only option left to him was to embrace the curse and use it. The years hardened him, making him cold and cruel. His work as an assassin let him fill the void in his heart with riches.

One day, he was sent to kill her. But when he touches her, she doesn't die. Instead of killing her, as he was ordered to do, he ste

I would like to try this RP! We could discuss anything needed in PM if you like.

I'm certainly no whiz at BB code, but I've edited the above interest check to make it easier to read and less like, er, a giant wall of text. If anyone has any pointers for me, I'd be happy to improve what's up there.

The Beauty & the Beast retelling sounds fun. If it's still open, I'm down.

Send me a message and let's have a chat! I always like to get to know potential partners a bit before starting anything up. Please, tell me a bit about yourself and your roleplay style/desires, and let me know about any ideas you have.

Hey there! I don't know if you're still searching for RP partners but your sci-fi plot caught my eye! The gender-flip (female knight/prince) one did as well. If you're still open for new RPs, I'll drop you a PM for further discussion.

I'd love to find one more partner, but I'm in no rush. I'm really looking for the right person that I think I'll click with and get along with well. At the moment, I'm most interested in the Steampunk idea. All the others are a bit old and not super inspiring to me, but if you're very interested in one, let me know. The right partner could inspire me again! Also, I'm very open to creating a new idea and hearing ideas other people have. If you have an idea you're hankering for but don't see the genre listed in the tab, please feel free to still share it with me. For instance, I don't do a lot of modern slice of life, but if the right concept came along, I'd probably enjoy it.

I don't bite!

OLAq7Bj.jpg

I see that you also like pirates. C:

Would you be interested in a pirate themed plot? I think I have one written up somewhere that I'll see if I can find.

I'm up for any pairing, but I've just recently been practicing with m×m. Romance or platonic relationships are fine with me!
I really like to have side characters or other important main characters, too.

I see that you also like pirates. C:

Would you be interested in a pirate themed plot? I think I have one written up somewhere that I'll see if I can find.

I'm up for any pairing, but I've just recently been practicing with m×m. Romance or platonic relationships are fine with me!
I really like to have side characters or other important main characters, too.

I'd love to hear your idea and chat with you a bit. Will you PM me with your plot and tell me a bit about yourself as a roleplayer?

AH! You are literally the one person I am looking for. I would seriously love to discuss with you some of your ideas, and also get to know you as an individual/RPer! I am very interested in this. Would you like me to send you a PM? Or visa versa?

Bumping this after its original creation in 2018 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back