• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
Valefest is supposed to be the start of a new year.

25ded53d36d644e61a9428d076d5d1d0.jpg

The start of year begins with Valefest where everyone in Dawnperch ties a parchment with a written wish for the new year. However recent attacks from Rebel forces from the North and South of Dawnperch have made things difficult for the capital city.
You always knew you were different. Snowborne they call it. From a young age you had a connection to the supernatural world. You could always see ghosts. You had a strange power inside you.

You aren't sure if you should but after receiving an invitation to a ball from a noble you end up arriving on a private island located offshore from the city. You arrive at a grand mansion and arrive with the rest of the gatherees. Dressed in a Masquerade Mask you and the rest of the people there freely converse. Everything seems fine until the lights go out and noises of glass and wood breaking can be heard. The lights return and the room is scattered, broken objects, smashed tables and trash everywhere. A dead body of one of the people attending the ball can be seen in the middle of the room. Suspicion between the partiers arises.
The doors back outside are locked and you and the rest of the others have nowhere to go but two strange doors at the end of the ballroom.

The Suspects
Attending the Ball of Victoria Swan, you are a suspect to everyone else at the ball.
Whatever your backstory is, noble, commoner, thief, businessman, assassin, you are forced to uncover the truths of the mansion with the others before time runs out.

Snowbourne Abilities (Choose one)

Precognition, Clairvoyance, Astral Projection, Pyromancy, Superspeed, Cryomancy, Shadow Manipulation, Soul Construction, Inanimate Posession,. Demon Contract, Shapeshifting, Chi Manipulation, Illusions, Hypnosis, Sound Manipulation

(Suggestions for more)

The Dark Except

Creaks could be heard from his room. I haven't put the pitcher of water by his cage for three days. If anything this simply proves that he doesn't need to drink. I've continually put deer meat only to have it vanish. So this creature is a carnivore. Father Prophet I hope you understand what you have brought.
Strange things have been happening lately. I shouldn't stay in here too long. THEY might hear me.

Cherum:

Half Animal, Half Human. Often characterized by having tails, or ears, or other animal parts or charactistics that would differentiate them from humans.

Humans:

Said to originated offworld. Tales have been passed down of humans who came from the stars and settled on frostwind thousands of years ago.

Rules:
You will playing as a Snowborne Human or Cherum, a individual attending a noble ball you have received an invitation to. You will have a special power your character was born with due to being Snowborne.

This will be Victorianesque and have elements of supernatural and horror. This will be an anime RP too.

Multiple characters are allowed. Suggestions for powers will be allowed.

This won't be too focused on being a superpower or battle RP but rather powers are used to combat creatures within the Mansion or solve problems or conflicts. Powers are more subtle in nature. Expect lighter usage and scale of powers rather than blasting your way through events with fire or attacks.

The Mansion will feature puzzles, creatures and conflicts will arise between the attending members of the party. You will be unable to remove your masquerade masks until after the first encounter. Clues will be scattered to different characters at different moments leading to a different outcome based on your actions.

Last edited:
im interested, and can tactile empathy be a power? (knowing other's emotions nearby and changing them through touch)

im interested, and can tactile empathy be a power? (knowing other's emotions nearby and changing them through touch)
I tend to avoid powers that allow people to control other RPers. Manipulating emotions is usually a way to start conflict in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back