• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings I am Dead inside and In search of a long term RP partner(s) (Still looking)

Heyo! You may have heard but I’m dead. Boredom has killed me. I tried this once but I’ve decided to try and make a cleaner and moe organized thread to recruit possible RP partners because my last one was rather messy. First and foremost, I’m gonna tell you a bit about myself and what I am looking for in an RP partner/ hopefully friend perhaps???

• I consider myself to usually have rather long replies, anywhere from a minimum of 15 lines (3-4 good paragraphs) per character I am RPing. I like the stories to be detailed. When I am interested in a role-play I can write long descriptive posts that describe the surroundings and what my character(s) is/are thinking, feeling, and seeing. I would hope to have a partner who can do something of the same. When it comes to punctuation and grammar I prefer that you are pretty literate. Of course, I won’t jump down your throat when you make mistakes because everyone does including myself of course.
  • I like to roleplay exclusively on this website. I usually RP through PMs but am open to a thread.
  • I like to double up on characters. As in you RP both a male and female and I RP a male and female. I usually like to start RPs this way with our four main characters and then, later, adding minor characters to the story that add opportunities and further interaction for our characters as well as to help build the plot and spice things up, etc.
  • Romance is something that I prefer to include in my RPs. I am mentioning this now because I know that there are some of you who don’t do it period. However, I don’t usually like the romance to be the main focus of the story. Instead, I like it as a side piece sorta like the icing on a cake if ya know what I mean. This being said, when it comes to relationships I usually prefer mXf. However, you of course may be able to convince me otherwise. I have nothing against it is just something I am not accustomed to. I am a female and prefer to at least RP one female character at a time.
  • I would like my partner to help create this story with me. It is very exhausting to have to come up with a plot and events that lead it forwards all on my own. I would like someone who isn’t afraid to pass around ideas and deny mine if they don’t like them and vice versa. I won’t be hurt if you don’t like an idea of mine and I hope my partner would feel the same if the role was switched. I also think world building is fun but I’m not the best at it… but I am willing to give it a try!
  • I tend to lean towards darker themes in my plots. Blood, gore, cursing, etc. If that is not something you want I suggest you turn around now because you would probably not enjoy an RP with me. Also i freaking love HUMOR and asshole-ish jerky but lovable characters so if you’re into to that wellllll…. same.
  • I like face claims for characters. What I don’t like, though, is anime/cartoonish face claims. Character sheets are neat and I’m fine with doing them or not doing them. If we do write out sheets I don’t care how detailed they are. That part is really up to you.
  • I am a senior in high school who is involved in extracurricular activities and has a job and is taking college classes. Sometimes I’m pretty busy and even when I am not busy I am tired. Sometimes I might want to take a break instead of reply. Therefore, I understand if my partner feels the same. I can at least post once every other day in the least and am looking for a partner who can post a good reply at least three to four times a week. I’m flexible though! If you are busy and have something going on just tell me and I am very likely to understand!
  • There are some things I will not do in and/or of an RP. I don’t do slice of life RPs. however, you may convince me to do a slice of life RP with a twist if the plot is compelling enough. I like action, drama, conflict, romance, all that good shit. I have a few fandoms below I would be cool with RPing. However, I won’t RP cannon characters at all and would prefer if my partner did’t either. Part of the fun for a RP for me is creating the characters anew. I don’t usually do fantasy type plots but, again, you may be able to convince me otherwise.
  • Don’t be afraid to talk to me as a friend! I like to think of myself as a friend person and am cool with being friends. Honestly, if you ask I’ll give you my tumblr and probably send shitty you memes.
  • Also I am going to include a sample of my writing style at the end of this post underneath a spoiler tag. If you are interested in RPing I would also like to see a sample of your writing in return to make sure our styles are compatible!

Now, if you made it through all that dull crap, below is a list of things that I am interested in roleplaying! For the fandoms, i don’t usually like to go off of the plots piece for piece. Instead, I like to talk to my partner and build a plot based off of the show/movie/game/book, etc. And then some are just plain genres.

(ALSO! bolded things are things I have a craving for)

• GENRES:
    • Sci-fi
      • alien based apocalypse
      • space crew members on a mission of some sort
      • intergalactic wars
      • zombie apocalypse (with some sort of twist)
      • Space pirates!
    • Horror:
      • reporter(s) investigating some spoopy shiz.
      • cabin in the woods type cheesy stuff
    • Supernatural:
      • hunters and the hunted sort of thing

• FANDOMS:
    • TV Shows:
      • Supernatural
        • (I would kind of like to do a plot with characters holding a similar characteristic as Dean and Jo)********
      • the 100 (maybe, if given a compelling plot)
      • American Horror Story
        • Roanoke********* (would realllllllly like to base an idea off of this!!)
        • Coven
    • Videogames:
      • Outlast (haven’t played the newest one though so no spoilers)
      • The Last of Us
      • Until Dawn
    • Books:
      • The 5th Wave
      • Wolf by Wolf
      • Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
      • IT by Stephen King
    • Movies:
      • IT (again but the 2017 theatrical version)
      • Mad Max

SOOOOO… this is all I could think of for now. If you have some already made up plots you’d like to suggest to me go right ahead. If you can think of any other genres/fandoms you are interested in RPing and think I might be feel free to mention them. I might have just forgot to add them to the list. …..ALSO… I’m gonna add a list of interesting story prompts I found that could call for a good plot.

• RANDOM ASS PROMPTS I FOUND:
    • Florida hadn’t been called Florida since it broke off the east coast.
    • Due to your nerdy great great great great grandfather in 2017 ‘buying a star’ and some modern legal shenanigans you are now the proud owner of an intergalactic empire
      • sounds funny but I thought it could be taking a slightly more serious way with a lot of humor still incorporated
    • They say that whenever you shiver, it means that someone stepped on your past live’s grave. The first human took their first step on mars, and all of humanity just shivered.
      • could be taken literally or not
    • You volunteered to test the first time machine. For the test, you are sent 24 hours into the future (or more of course). When you emerge from the machine you discover the lab trashed and empty with “Sorry” written in blood on the wall.

Again, if you have any prompts I might like, feel free to share!

Finally, here is my writing sample. It is from a long term RP i've had with a friend for awhile. There are a few mistakes but I decided not to fix them because, hey, I make mistakes. Also theres a part where i say (FUCK FIRST PERSON) I used to write that character in first person and forgot that day and didn't feel like going back to change it all.

Addi bit his lip as he sat at the desk in the office. He couldn’t remember if this was Torben's room or just another random little room. Whoever had it must have used the place frequently though as the desk was a mess of books and paper's and supplies. In one corner there was even a fish bowl. Two swam inside, one a beautiful shimmering orange and the other a silver white spotted in black. Their bowl was empty other than a few handfuls of gray and black pebbles at the bottom of the bowl. He wondered if they were Torben's. He secretly hoped so. They were fun. Each time he dipped a pencil in the water they followed it around like ducklings following their mother. He needed at least three more. He wondered briefly if they could be found at the market. He'd be willing to give of a couple coins for a few of his own. He'd ask Torben about them later and if they weren't his maybe he knew whose they were. His room was getting a little empty and bland… or maybe it was Uschi's clutter that was getting to him. But maybe a few fish for company would lighten things up a bit.

The room was empty besides himself and the fish. Torben had left him in there. He hadn't been told to stay but he hadn't anything else better do to that day. Besides… he didn’t mind spending time with Tori. Over the past few weeks he'd spent ore time around the taller man. He wasn’t so bad. But Addi still avoided the topic of his relationship with Uschi whenever it happened to be brought up. He still didn’t think it was really any of Torben's business. Besides… he was still wrong. But as wrong as he was he was still… fun to be around.. Yeah, fun. That was it. Not that the little get together about to take place in this room was going to be fun exactly. Fay was meant to go on the supply run with her brother and Enoch but Fay had earned herself a sprained ankle yesterday when she fell from a tree, trying to get a kitten out of a tree. The kitten was safe but now Fay was laid up in bed for the next couple of days. There was no way she could make the run. Now he wasn’t sure who was going to replace her. That was what Torben had left to go do. He needed to gather the three that were going on the run. He was sure that Enoch and August would be on their way by now… and the third person, whoever that may be.

He suddenly realized that he had stopped moving the pencil in the water. The fish had stopped, each one of them staring up at him expectantly as if he had just ruined their game. "Sorry guys," he whispered, ducking his head down to look at them through the glass as he continued to move the pencil. It wasn’t a minute or two later that he heard the door crack open. It was August. "Hey," he greeted the other boy softly, glad to see him. "It's been a while!" August and Addi along with his sister Fay had grown up in the same area of the town. After a while they had lost track of each other until they met each other back here once again. It turned out that Addi hadn't been the only one keeping a secret. Fay was a demon as well which had come as quite a shock to him. But he supposed that them knowing about him being a demon. He'd met Uschi during his escape from the city so they didn’t meet her until the rebellion. August sat himself on the cushioned chair across the desk and a few minutes of pleasant chatter passed between them before he arrived.

----

Enoch's heart pounded as he stood outside the door. Why was he so nervous? It wasn’t that big of a deal in the first place. Hell, at the House meeting two weeks prior he hadn't even felt this nervous standing in front of the whole Rebellion to volunteer. But this was different. Now he was going to meet his teammates. He was told that the twins, Fay and August, were pretty good at these runs. Usually they conducted them by themselves but apparently this run was going to require a third pair of hands. But he learned that things had changed once again. Just yesterday Fay had fucked up her ankle and would be out of the run. Now they had to find a third person and he hadn't the slightest clue who that could be. He had time to prepare himself to meet the twins and now he was psyching himself out about this new person. It shouldn't have been that big of a deal but…but he was trying so hard to clear of his record. He didn’t want to fuck it up somehow. He wanted people to like him. He took a deep breath and opened the door.

The pleasant chattering behind the door stopped abruptly. Enoch's eyes widened slightly as he closed the door behind him. "Um, hey," he sad quietly, his throat unusually dry. Addison stared for a moment as if he had been caught with his hand in the cookie jar… or rather a… fish jar? He blinked as Addison pulled back the pencil and sat back in the desk. The other boy sat on a chair across from him. He must have been August. He was a tall kid, slim and narrow, with sharp features and a pale complection. His hair was light and curly and his eyes were just as light, a shocking blue. "Hey!" he greeted, much more excitedly than Addison. He had a friendly smile and gestured for him to sit in the chair next to him. He did. "You must be Enoch then? I recognize you from around the place." Enoch forced a soft chuckle as he sat, shrugging. "Yeah, that’s me. And you're August then?" The boy nodded and held out his hand. "It's nice to finally meet you!" Enoch smiled softly, almost hesitant as he took the other boy's hand. It was really nice to finally meet somebody who didn’t look at him like some… some criminal.

It looked as if as August was going to speak again when the door creaked open, first revealing Torben. Addison, who had returned the pencil to the fish bowl jumped, dropping it in the water. He flushed red as he sat back in his chair, trying to pretend like he hadn't just been doing what he was doing. "Good news." Enoch didn’t listen after that, his attention having fallen on the redhead that tread at his heals. "No way," he spat, his good mood instantly flushed down the drain at the sight of Marley. "I cant work with her I wont."

------

E-R-I-N. Erin.

Erin repeated the same word over and over on the single sheet of notebook paper. It had been the first thing Jean had taught her to write and read. Apparently, there were two different ways to spell it. The way she was currently writing it and A-A-R-O-N. Jean had shown her both ways to do so but she liked this way the best. It looked prettier and since she hadn't ever seen her own name written out by her parents or brother she got to choose for herself. It was great, being able to choose on her own. It gave her a sense of freedom she never really knew before. It was a small thing but she liked it nonetheless. By now she knew the whole alphabet, capital and lowercase. She had recited it thousands of times already, a few times to Addi and even Uschi. Once she'd even recited it to Enoch when he was looking particularly down. Maybe it wasn’t a great 'picker-upper' but he had smiled for the first since she could really remember. She thought that maybe she should be as afraid of him as Marley but… for some reason she wasn’t.

Erin wrote her name several more times, each time as shaky as the last. The only reason she really tended to focus on her name so much was because she was trying to make her name… well.. Pretty. She'd seen Jean's handwriting and she wanted hers to at least be legible like his. Her hand writing was sharp and scrawled, leaning heavily to the right an exceeding the lines on the paper. She wanted her signature to be small and pretty and curved. {FUCK FIRST PERSON} It was proving to be ridiculously difficult and I was starting to get frustrated. Maybe it would have been better to take a break from practicing my handwriting and take a look at one of the books Jean had underlined words in for me. I was actually supposed to be practicing sentences. The top of the page had a full seven lines of sentences, describing what I did that day since I wasn’t really sure what else to say. But after a while I stopped mid-sentence and had returned to writing my own name over and over.

It was relaxing work and I soon found my eyes drooping. These few weeks had probably been some of the best in my life. They were relaxing and safe. Though I worked I got food in return and a warm place to stay and even clothes. Both Uschi and and Addi had given her some of their too small clothes. Thanks to Addi's love for flannels she had about three of them. And Jean was here too which was nice. Also the library. And also the dogs. Both of those things she was currently enjoying. Jean and Erin's work place was sat at a round table near the fire place. The library was huge! Two whole floors and some day Erin would be able to read any one of them that she wanted to. Jean was a good teacher… admittedly, his teachings would probably sink in better If she actually did them. A dog sat at her feet, or rather on her feet, whining each time she stopped moving her foot against his stomach. He was a welsh corgi. That was what Addi had called him, and he didn’t have a name either. He was apparently one of the newer dogs around and nobody had taken to naming him yet. Well, at least not until Erin came along. His name was now Finley and he responded well to it.

"I didn’t show you how to spell my name."

Erin blinked, looking up in surprise. She'd been so concentrated and he'd been so quiet that she had almost forgotten that he was sitting right across from her. Once she realized he was motioning for the notebook she flushed. She hadn't been doing her work. "Okay…" she answered quietly, sliding the paper over as she offered a shy smile as if asking for forgiveness for getting off task.

Last edited:
Yo.
I’m Meep and I’d love to rp with you. I might even have and idea... It’s more a scetch of a plot where someone finds two teenagers, which have grown up with Wendigos (like those from Until Dawn) and aren’t fully turned for some reason. I’d like to make that some kinda long term thing, where some ambitious doctors or whatever professionals are trying to resocialize them....??
Does that sound any good to you?

Yo.
I’m Meep and I’d love to rp with you. I might even have and idea... It’s more a scetch of a plot where someone finds two teenagers, which have grown up with Wendigos (like those from Until Dawn) and aren’t fully turned for some reason. I’d like to make that some kinda long term thing, where some ambitious doctors or whatever professionals are trying to resocialize them....??
Does that sound any good to you?
Hey that sounds kinda interesting, although it's going from a point of view I've never tried before... I'm not sure if I would like it or not to be perfectly honest. I think we would just have to hash out more of it together! Would you mind sending me a PM?

Hey yeah I can do this one of my characters is a space pirate

Hey. I'm the shiny new kid, but I'm a vet on Gaia if you've ever heard of that, and have done this for a bit, so I think I got the hang of this. I'm also a world builder, so I've got a couple of ideas in my back pocket to bounce around. I'm not really a fandom writer, but I am interested in sci-fi and supernatural, so whatever you want to do, I'm more than willing to try if you're interested! Anyway. through a PM my way if you want! Would love to RP with you.

Hey, it would be great to RP with you! I'm new here and haven't used this format to RP before but I've been RPing for ages and appreciate longer, well written responses as well as plots that develop characters etc. I'm loving the horror ideas, alien apocalypse, and IT has some serious room for expansion. I'm not going to lie, I love writing some of the darker themes too so hit me up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back