• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Blood Witch is coming

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
20230311_140254.jpg
=================================================================================
It was over five hundred years ago when the four greatest Talents of Kawlii turned the tide of battle. Leading their followers to fight back the Elf invasion, the four became legendary as it was their skill and power that drove back the Fuanna armies forcing a retreat and securing victory for the humans of Kawlii. The four legends were rivals for many years before joining forces due to loyalty of their homeland and king. After the Elf wars the Kawlii King demanded these champions put aside their differences and help him build a stronger nation.
These demands led to the creation of Flairnique The Spellsword Academy of talent...
7a09efad1b7683dc924ad6180791dfe0.png
In the lands of Tasopp those born with the gift of magic are known as talents or talented, magic is different for all races but what is the same is that one grows and learns of their talent with time and effort. Magic is generally unique even in the cases of similar or the "same" mana.
Three humans could each have a talent for fire, but how each use their magic is probably different...
for the simplest explanation let's take three fire talents from across the world known as Tasopp.
The first talented is native to Grudga, the talented of Grudga form a sword out of magic.
The second talented is from Katak, the talented of Katak form magic with words.
The third talented is from Aku, the talents of Aku form magic with spirits.
All three capable of fire magic, all having their strengths and flaws.

Grudga is different, better if you ask any from the Kawlii kingdom. Grudga is known throughout Tasopp as a land of proud warriors, the talents of Grudga conjure a unique sword made of their own mana. That is why the magic knights of Grudga are known as Spellswords.
Respected, feared, to become a Spellsword is a mighty task!
One must have control of their mana to the point they can easily form their sword at a moments notice.
One must have skill in combat and with magic to be versatile with your technique in battle,
One must have honor and integrity with a drive to protect the lands of Grudga, the Kawlii kingdom and it's people...

But even among talents their are unique cases, a example of such a case in Grugda is what became known as a Sword-breaker. In the history books the first ever was Javitaur Shrouda.
Its unexplainable as to how or why but when a talent has something "special" in them they cannot help but conjure something other than a sword. Though they are unable to become a "Spellsword" they can still train to become a magic knight with rank.
It's said the sword breakers have the potential to become the strongest in the world.
Chosen by a higher power, regarded as fate changers capable of defying destiny!

To be a Spellsword is the dream of most talents in Grudga, but to be born a Sword breaker is both a blessing and a curse.
Heavy is the pressure one feels when the world looks at you with expectations of saving the lands or destroying it all.
The oldest legend known to man is that the fate of the world will be determined by a Sword breaker...
===============
This is a group rp for four or five people, while it may look like it this is not a magic academy rp
It does start like one cause we will play out some key moments before skipping to the main plot.
To summarise this a bit so there is no misconceptions, said moments are...
The Initial test for recruitment which determines what house you go into.
Elleburst of the elements, Salvador of the Impenetrable, Azurio of the Aura and the last house being the rarest as it excludes Spellswords. Shrouda of the Sword-breakers.
first class of each year,
Three or four, five at most. To show improvement over time and characters interacting etc.
Combat competition,
A team tournament where the characters choose to form a team or is put together through other means. Either way they are forced to compete.
faction recruitment,
The best join a faction or start their own (if they feel particularly great/invincible...)
instead of joining the army like standard magic knights. While each faction is apart of the Kawlii magic army those in a faction only take orders from their direct authorities.
There is currently five factions and a potential sixth and seventh that could be made still in the academy.
(the Sixth's goal being to make a faction of mostly swordbreakers.)
I would prefer the characters make their own faction with the potential sixth but even if each go to separate factions I can make it work. Though the party being together helps the narrative...

Graduating, A ceremony, a party, then off to start your future...
The real plot kicks off pretty soon after this and since your character is apart of a faction they are called upon to participate in the coming dangers.

if you want to join you would make a character who goes through said process
(with timeskips inbetween) leading to The main story which is saving the lands of Kawlii and possibly the whole world from certain coming destuction from neighbouring lands. A ancient horror has awakened and it is seemingly unstoppable. The characters would be trying to destroy this evil for good which would be a long campaign, all the while having to deal with said horror bent on taking over the world.

The magic system for Grugda talents is basically avatar bending, martial arts movement to do magic. Though the best talents of Grudga are able to form their own sword or weapon from mana to better perform their respective magic.

So a magic knight might be able to channel his fire-mana through a sword or staff even bare hands to do fire magic... but a Spellsword able to make their own flaming weapon is a better mage then said magic knight. Their fire magic skill being tiers above.

Your characters would be from Grugda but I'm open to players making new characters down the line with different magic systems. Mainly the speaking and spirit one which can be very powerful but limited... the best mage from Katak is shit when sick and useless without the ability to speak.
The best mage from Aku cannot do magic if they have no spirits or their connection to the void is cut. You can find out more in game.

Post requirements is two paragraphs or more once a week.
Ask questions or claim that you would like to play below

Cs page is here

Last edited:
Your character can make whatever weapon they want out of mana, that's a Sword-breaker and I'm happy for every character to be one provided they each have something different aha
Bow, axe, nunchucks, spear etc
Is a Kanabō acceptable?

That's what the big samurai guy uses in for honor yea? Should be right.
Generally any melee weapon is acceptable and bows or crossbows aswell

Last edited:
That's what the big samurai guy uses in for honor yea? Should be right.
Generally any melee weapon is acceptable and bows or crossbows aswell as a gun or two. Obviously medieval fantasy limit so no one is making a full auto pistol or sniper rifle capable of shooting someone way out of view
What elements are there and can a person only learn one element?

Any one thing could be magic but its easier to go with a element.

Fire, water, earth, air, thunder, ice...
But anything can be a magic type within reason, some might break the game considering the characters would be adept after graduating so I may say no though

But some examples im ok with are below.
Teleportation is ok (though rare so it comes with story prompts down the line)
Poison, healing, to cast illusions, to clone yourself others or items,
telepathy with people or to tame animals/monsters.
Shadows/darkness, light, be a animorph and call it shifting...

If I end up making a cs page I'll let people know if said magic they have is the sort that breaks the game and may need a limit or a change.

People are born with one mana type but they can use other magic through artefacts and runes

Last edited:
👋 Sup!

This thread looks awesome- just wanted to jump in and express my interest, would love to reserve a spot and all! Not sure if I want to recycle / tweak the character I had subitted for your other roleplay or start completely fresh, but I wanted to at least say hi before going to bed.

I didn’t mean that for either of them I just have really weird ideas for what magic should be.

rice paste but turned up to eleven. Like gelatinous Mochi with elastic traits.

And maybe a better name for shock would be Chogeki or Impact. Like, creating shockwaves with attacks.
How about for rice paste its "reflect" or "parry" mana which allows the user to make elastic surfaces/shapes/objects out of mana to bounce themselves others or even magic.

The impact one could essentially translate to most magic unless your talking physics and im a idiot so I tend to simplify whatever I can't explain fully.

👋 Sup!

This thread looks awesome- just wanted to jump in and express my interest, would love to reserve a spot and all! Not sure if I want to recycle / tweak the character I had subitted for your other roleplay or start completely fresh, but I wanted to at least say hi before going to bed.
If you two are still keen ill make a cs page. The rp page may need more players or characters from us but we can figure that out if yall care enough aha

Last edited:
Yeah, that was kind of the goal for Mochi/Rice Paste.

Impact is like, the amplification/creation of shockwaves themselves. It could probably be used for structural attacks or air cannon style attacks.

I'm willing to join, though I look forward to a more in-depth explanation of magic on the cs page. Like if you had:
Teleportation is ok (though rare so it comes with story prompts down the line)
Poison, healing, to cast illusions, to clone yourself others or items,
telepathy with people or to tame animals/monsters.
Shadows/darkness, light, be a animorph and call it shifting...
To be clear, you wouldn't be a spell sword/sword breaker but something else, correct? I mean I can see maybe a poison sword, but the rest of it... And if you're something else, what are you?

I'm sure you'll explain more on the cs, I just wanted to show what I was confused about.

I'm willing to join, though I look forward to a more in-depth explanation of magic on the cs page. Like if you had:

To be clear, you wouldn't be a spell sword/sword breaker but something else, correct? I mean I can see maybe a poison sword, but the rest of it... And if you're something else, what are you?

I'm sure you'll explain more on the cs, I just wanted to show what I was confused about.
Regardless of mana type every human talent from Grudga can make a sword or weapon. Said weapon would be solid like one made of steel, so one with mana that doesn't seem outright offensive can still make a weapon from magic.

It wouldn't look as visually impressive as a flaming sword or a spear of solid poison but it generally works along the same lines.
One with warp mana wouldn't make a sword out of "teleportation" but they can still be a Spellsword or a Sword-breaker

Regardless of mana type every human talent from Grudga can make a sword or weapon. Said weapon would be solid like one made of steel, so one with mana that doesn't seem outright offensive can still make a weapon from magic.

It wouldn't look as visually impressive as a flaming sword or a spear of solid poison but it generally works along the same lines.
One with warp mana wouldn't make a sword out of "teleportation" but they can still be a Spellsword or a Sword-breaker
Oh! I understand now. Thanks

Interested. Is this still open?
Oh! I understand now. Thanks
Same here.
I'm down to play two characters if needed!
Have at it if you care, ask questions if you need to

Would you take a healer with a shield? Or would you prefer a weapon even then?

This is an interesting concept. But I’m kind of confused on the storyline of the RP. I could just be tired though..

This is an interesting concept. But I’m kind of confused on the storyline of the RP. I could just be tired though..
Its a fantasy adventure with a tutorial set in a magic school.
The main threat the cast is sent off to deal with is a seemingly immortal Witch whose taken over a country and looking to expand further

Its a fantasy adventure with a tutorial set in a magic school.
The main threat the cast is sent off to deal with is a seemingly immortal Witch whose taken over a country and looking to expand further
Okay then I’m in!

Is this a complete revamp, or will the old players still be in?

It never started aha so its still fresh in the box with a layer of dust over it

They only make one thing.

Some might be able to make two of the same thing or can change the shape/design of their weapon at will but they can't make two different things like a spear and then a axe for example.

Huh. I actually remember this. You said the magic was like atla, right? Does that include healing? I feel like I missed that last time.

Would people still fight with their elements, just using the weapon as a foundation? Like if you made a sword of fire, would swinging that sword send out a wave of flames? I feel like if you can send out flames you'd do better than someone with the limited range of a sword....does that make sense?

To answer all that in turn...

1) yes an no, physical movement always helps with magic casting but isn't always required.

2) healing via magic is available, using magic to manipulate water to clean a wound is about as far as avatar bending/healing goes but there's also healing mana to magically fix shit

3) yes. Making a sword or weapon out of magic (be it a element or something like healing or poison mana) is better than not doing it.

Say Bob and Timmy both have fire mana and are equal in every way.
Bob made a sword and using the sword shoots a flame 30 feet forward.
Timmy is just as good but didn't make a fire sword. With the same effort and mana spent his flame only reaches 20 feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back