• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

    Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hyrule Hunters (Searching for 1 player)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Stok

The Mercenary
Garvii: Tabantha Great Bridge, amidst a collection of corpses.

The mid day sun now shown overhead as Garvii's battle barely came to a close. The last Bokoblin dropped from the Rito warrior's blade with a soft thud, and the black Malice seeped from it's wounds onto the Tabantha Great Bridge. It's brethren lay similarly around Garvii's talons. Some had fallen off the bridge into the chasm below. Some were thrown. All in all, Garvii had spent all morning fighting off the ambush, and had the wounds to prove it.

His survival meant that his plan to visit the nearby Stable that afternoon could continue, and the road before him seemed clear enough. Garvii's insight into the reasons behind the monster attack seemed clear as well. They were targeting him, and with him gone from the area a portion of their forces might follow suit. Might.

Wernburger Wernburger (DM Note: All corpses and items mentioned in your previous encounter are lootable)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon: Dueling Peaks Stable, Sleeping In

Dragon had left Lurelin village some time ago now. Where most adventurers would have stayed on the beaten path, the young martial artist spent most of his time deep into the brush. Hunting deer for dinner with only his Shortswords and speed. Rooting out Bokoblins with fervor wherever he could find them. All in all it had taken him three months to reach what should have been a two week destination, on account of all the fighting. It had paid off, too. Dragon felt a recent surge in power, in his ability to access his inner energies. Even how nimble he was, evading the monsters' attacks more often now.

As if they knew this would happen, Dragon's parents had given him a bundle of rupees to cover the cost of a night in the stable when he finally got tired. It finally happened one afternoon, having Dragon arrive at the Dueling Peaks stable around six PM. He promptly paid, fell into the bed, and slept until noon the next day. Now the noonday's light poured into the Big Top Tent while the other travelers using the rentable beds conversed over their journeys ahead. Money was passed between merchant and customer, and the birds sang their songs outside in the warm Hyrulian air. While Dragon snoozed, oblivious to it all.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon (No dice rolls required this turn, only roleplay)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Last edited:

Just_Dragon

Looney Muscle
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Dragon: Dueling Peaks Stable, Sleeping In

Dragon had left Lurelin village some time ago now. Where most adventurers would have stayed on the beaten path, the young martial artist spent most of his time deep into the brush. Hunting deer for dinner with only his Shortswords and speed. Rooting out Bokoblins with fervor wherever he could find them. All in all it had taken him three months to reach what should have been a two week destination, on account of all the fighting. It had paid off, too. Dragon felt a recent surge in power, in his ability to access his inner energies. Even how nimble he was, evading the monsters' attacks more often now.

As if they knew this would happen, Dragon's parents had given him a bundle of rupees to cover the cost of a night in the stable when he finally got tired. It finally happened one afternoon, having Dragon arrive at the Dueling Peaks stable around six PM. He promptly paid, fell into the bed, and slept until noon the next day. Now the noonday's light poured into the Big Top Tent while the other travelers using the rentable beds conversed over their journeys ahead. Money was passed between merchant and customer, and the birds sang their songs outside in the warm Hyrulian air. While Dragon snoozed, oblivious to it all.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon (No dice rolls required this turn, only roleplay)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon dreamed in his sleep. Dreamed of his home. Maybe this dream was born from passing thoughts of his family, or perhaps from the occasional sight of a fish swimming by whenever he was near a river. All he could think of were the nights where he would sit at the end of the boardwalk. Dangling his feet above the water while he and his brother spoke about anything that came to mind. Nothing complicated by far, just two kids making conversation with one another underneath a blanket of stars in the sky.

Halfway through it, however.. was the sound of other voices. His brother didn't seem to notice, but he did. And those voices grew louder and louder. As they did, Dragon found himself to be blinking and rubbing his eyes. Over and over again. With the sight of the stary sky being replaced by the sight of the cloth roof of Dueling Peak stables. Up until that was his new reality.


It seems that the sounds of chatter woke the Hylian male.. well, up. Up and attem, but not ready to go. Not at all. He's no morning person, so once it hit him that he was awake.. all he did was groggily pull himself into an upright position. His eyes were squinted due to the fact that it was.. bright, they needed time to adjust. However, the dude's slightly darker than caramel skin was glowing in the sunlight. That's what good sleep'll do to a guy.
His dark hair was a little messy bit it wasn't too bad. The thing's in cornrows, thick ones too. At the end of them all, about near his neck, is a puffy.. curly. It wasn't braided or anything, all natural. It's comparable to Usopp(post timeskip)'s hair. Except the puffy ponytail is half that size.

Dragon remained there for a solid five mimuted. Idly letting his body slip out of that post-awakening state. After that time passed, he groaned and turned to the side. Letting his legs slip out of the covers of the bed and hang over the edge of the thing. After the fact, he reached down and grabbed his Hylian boots and just slipped his bandaged feet into them. As for his other clothes? His top his similar to the "old shirt" piece of gear. Except the sleeves are torn off. On his waist, a simple leather belt, and what covers his legs is a pair of trousers that were torn at the knees. Similar to his arms, which are bandaged from hand to elbow, his legs are also bandaged frok foot to just below the knee.

In thruth, he doesn't know what to do.. nor does he have any idea on where to go from here. There are plenty of directions to head out in, but for the time being, this guy was only concerned with getting out of this chatterbox of a place. He's not a crowd kinda guy anywho. So.. he walked outside.. after grabbing his bag of course. Naturally, he was met with the sight of the twin mountains themselves. It was quite the sight. But now? Now it's time to keep going forwards.

He's been making wonderful progress. In just a mere three months, he's been able to hone his abilities as a Monk more than ever before. All he has to do is see where he peaks.. or at least discover something about his abilties that's noteworthy enough to make this trek away from home actually worth it. With that being said, Dragon turned his head over his shoulder and spoke to the..

Inkeep?
Stablekeep?

-The person who he had to pay before.

"Thanks for letting me spend the night! Curious though, if I keep going... that way-"

He pointed between the mountains. Yes, thattaway.

"-how long would it take for me to reach another place to stay the night? Y'know, if I stayed on the path. Do you know?"

He doesn't plan on staying on the path. At all, but knowing this could help him on the off chance that he would indeed need to know.
 

Wernburger

New Member
Garvii: Tabantha Great Bridge, amidst a collection of corpses.

The mid day sun now shown overhead as Garvii's battle barely came to a close. The last Bokoblin dropped from the Rito warrior's blade with a soft thud, and the black Malice seeped from it's wounds onto the Tabantha Great Bridge. It's brethren lay similarly around Garvii's talons. Some had fallen off the bridge into the chasm below. Some were thrown. All in all, Garvii had spent all morning fighting off the ambush, and had the wounds to prove it.

His survival meant that his plan to visit the nearby Stable that afternoon could continue, and the road before him seemed clear enough. Garvii's insight into the reasons behind the monster attack seemed clear as well. They were targeting him, and with him gone from the area a portion of their forces might follow suit. Might.

Wernburger Wernburger (DM Note: All corpses and items mentioned in your previous encounter are lootable)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Garvii stood with his feathered fingers laced around The Roc Feather's long wrapped hilt. The eagle feather totem affixed to the pommel fluttered carelessly in the wind in the direction of the Tabantha Stable. His chest ballooned and deflated quickly and deliberately as Garvii attempted to wrestle his rage into submission. Blood trickled down his arms and chest and dripped repeatedly onto the bridge's large, wooden planks like crimson rain droplets.

He drew one long breath in and held it for a moment, knelt down in the middle of the impressive Tabantha Great Bridge, closed his eyes and exhaled. The cool Tabantha winds whistled through his brown plumage and ruffled his feathers. Drip, drip fell a few more blood droplets. After a moment of reflection, his yellow eyes reopened. He rose to his feet, sheathed his blade over his back, and turned over his shoulder back towards his home.

"Goodbye for now Tabantha. Goodbye Pella, be well."

Garvii the barbarian stepped forward over the corpses at his feet. He checked for any monster parts or weapons worth mentioning that he could sell to the Stablehands. He would need the Rupees for a soft bed for the night. This was the rare day where camping beneath an open sky would not be enough.

As he made his way, Garvii couldn't help but feel anxious about what the future held for him. Never had he journeyed beyond the familiar bluffs and hills of his homeland. If it weren't for his injuries keeping him focused, he may have lost his nerve.

"Is leaving all I am capable of? What will I do from now on? Where will I go? What lands could possible hold the answers I seek? Those horseman are a tedious and boisterous sort but they do have stories of the nearby lands. I'll rest a bit and try to overhear of anywhere that might be peaceful."
 
Last edited:

Stok

The Mercenary
Garvii: Tabantha Bridge Stable

The haul after Garvii's battle went as follows; Soldier's Longswords x3, Lizalfos Boomerang x1, and x2 Soldier's Bows. They lay scattered amongst the corpses barely in their grips. Garvii estimated he could carry a maximum of four other weapons on him, but guessing how much each weapon was worth was a different task altogether. While Garvii looked over the dead monsters in question, he would notice the Malice evaporating into a dark red mist as it left their wounds.

(Intelligence Check)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon: Dueling Peaks Stable

"Ahhhhh there you are young fighter," Mused the old man at the front desk, shakily looking up from his bookkeeping. "I was just about to send Augustus to tell you your time was up, but I'm glad you got some rest. You'll need it if you're headed through the Canyon," By the way he spoke and the slang he used, it was clear the man hailed from Hateno. Augustus, the bear of a man leaning against the side of the counter, huffed at the mention of his name. "It's about a day's walk to the next Stable, that's for sure. Be careful. We haven't had visitors from that direction in a couple weeks, and that usually means monsters. Mostly when that happens we all hang tight until The Horsemen come through. You'd be wise to do the same," While the beginning of the conversation had levity and warmth, the old man suddenly sounded very cold when talking of monsters. Augustus huffed again.

The rest of the camp sprawled a few hundred yards in a rough circle around the main tent. Three smaller Yurts for the three families which were settling here. Two of them had small pins with Goats and Cucco by their tents. The third had a larger fenced section in which two horses were kept, a male and a female of quite good stock. Such fragile lifelines, yet so necessary this deep into the wilds. Oblivious to how delicate they were, children played running in and out of each of them in a game of tag. One disturbed the Goats as he hopped in and out of their pin, and his mother scolded him loudly.
 
Last edited:

Wernburger

New Member
Garvii: Tabantha Bridge Stable

The haul after Garvii's battle went as follows; Soldier's Longswords x3, Lizalfos Boomerang x1, and x2 Soldier's Bows. They lay scattered amongst the corpses barely in their grips. Garvii estimated he could carry a maximum of four other weapons on him, but guessing how much each weapon was worth was a different task altogether. While Garvii looked over the dead monsters in question, he would notice the Malice evaporating into a dark red mist as it left their wounds.

(Intelligence Check)
Int roll: 7

Garvii looked briefly among the stockpiled weapons of his slain foes. He usually bartered and traded game rather than arms and wasn't sure which of their assembled gear would be worth more Rupees. He looked at the bows and couldn't help but think back to Rito Village and the skilled Rito archers he had once called friend. A memory flared up from a time long past.

---
Garvii is young, eager and training with his fellow Rito fledgelings firing arrows at balloons at the Flight Range. All young Rito wish to grow up and be a skilled archer like the Champion Rivali.

Pop Pop! go several balloons across the echoed chamber. Garvii's friends enjoy minor success on the course. Some may even be selected for special training and become the next Champion to defend the village from the calamity. The young Rito take to archery as a bird to flight. But then, Garvii's turn. He pulls the bowstring back, aims, and releases! Only to watch his arrow flutter limply down into the chasm. Behind him he hears snickering.

This doesn't make any sense! Garvii screams internally. He snaps the training bow in two on his knee which silences the laughter. Snickering turns into silent glares. Garvii huffs and flies off back towards the village.

"Whatever, like I wanted to be the Champion anyways."
---

Garvii sighs and collects the fallen longswords and the boomerang he keeps for himself.

"Now this makes sense, chuck it at the enemy with all your might. I'd like to have seen any of those fancy archers take on the hoard of monsters I just did."

Garvii leaves the bows in his dust and continues on toward the Stable.
 

Just_Dragon

Looney Muscle
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Dragon: Dueling Peaks Stable

"Ahhhhh there you are young fighter," Mused the old man at the front desk, shakily looking up from his bookkeeping. "I was just about to send Augustus to tell you your time was up, but I'm glad you got some rest. You'll need it if you're headed through the Canyon," By the way he spoke and the slang he used, it was clear the man hailed from Hateno. Augustus, the bear of a man leaning against the side of the counter, huffed at the mention of his name. "It's about a day's walk to the next Stable, that's for sure. Be careful. We haven't had visitors from that direction in a couple weeks, and that usually means monsters. Mostly when that happens we all hang tight until The Horsemen come through. You'd be wise to do the same," While the beginning of the conversation had levity and warmth, the old man suddenly sounded very cold when talking of monsters. Augustus huffed again.

The rest of the camp sprawled a few hundred yards in a rough circle around the main tent. Three smaller Yurts for the three families which were settling here. Two of them had small pins with Goats and Cucco by their tents. The third had a larger fenced section in which two horses were kept, a male and a female of quite good stock. Such fragile lifelines, yet so necessary this deep into the wilds. Oblivious to how delicate they were, children played running in and out of each of them in a game of tag. One disturbed the Goats as he hopped in and out of their pin, and his mother scolded him loudly.
Dragon walked closer to the old man's desk, leaning forwards and placing his elbows on the thing. It was very causal, but that's generally just how he is. He recognized where the guy's from due to his manor of speech.. only because he met someone from Hateno before. A traveler, who was going between places. It's nice to know these things.

When he was mentioned, Dragon turned his head towards Agustus. His first thought was 'woah, he looks strong-'. Because.. well, he's a big dude. Dragon, however, is not. The Hylian just has more of an athletic build, while still being pretty lithe. Lean muscle if you would. On a slightly unrelated note, his face? Hairless. And.. softer facial features. He's still masculine, just not gruff.
The monsters, though? Oh now that caught his interest. Infact, his expression seemed to turn bright at the mentioning of people staying away from it. It grew brighter and brighter as he spoke, too.

"Oo! Awesome! I guess I'm headed straight there then! Can't have those guys keep getting in the way of a good night's rest for the people! Thanks for tellin' me."

He pat the desk, and then placed his palms on the edge of the desk. After the fact, Dragon pushed himself upright. After the fact, he did some shoulder rolls. A simple stretch. Although the mother's scolding got his attention. It caused him to turn his head. Once he did, the guy glanced at the stables. His eyes eventually scanned over the horses. He took about three steps backwards so he could get a better look.. and after staring for a while? The both of his hands were behind his head as he spoke up again.

"Say.. how much does a horse go for? Might wanna save up for one. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of traveling alone. So... y'know, I could use a travel buddy-"
 
Last edited:

Stok

The Mercenary
Garvii: Tabantha Stable

The road ahead was kinder to the injured Rito than it had been previously. It was quiet, serene even, with only the birds and his own footsteps disturbing the silence until he reached the stable. He saw it first in the distance, a collection of four yurts surrounding the larger tent which served as the boarding house. The little columns of smoke arising from in front of each house denoted safety, and the continuation of life as it were. Eventually Garvii came within earshot to hear traders making their deals with the local settlers, and caught a few prolonged gazes in his direction as he entered the proximity. Life seemed to be passing by normally, except for a single detail within the camp.

Once in the midst of the tents, Garvii would notice a man fully clad in a strange suit of armor leaning against a tree by the communal cooking pot. The armor was a strange shade of white, exactly the color of bone. The mask he wore even resembled a skull, though not perfectly. More as if it were styled to seem so. The leather holding the different segments of this armor together were black, adding to the gothic appearance. As if to make this Knight-like figure even more out of place, there was a massive shovel made of a rough black iron leaning against the tree with the man. It was far larger than any spade Garvii had ever seen before, much too large indeed for any normal Hylian to use for digging holes. It had a wide, flat head and a cross-handle on the end as per usual, with a dark wood shaft fit for a halberd. An item of bizarre make all the way around.

The man sat solemnly, and whether he was asleep or simply staring straight ahead was a mystery due to the shade over his masked-face. Occasionally the man at the counter of the Big Top would chance a glance at the armored individual, or a mother would hurry her child along past him. It was clear he was making the locals nervous from the mere few moments Garvii laid eyes on him. Yet, it did not seem that the man bore any ill-will towards the population of the Stable. At least not yet.

Wernburger Wernburger (Roll Investigation to reveal the material of the armor)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dragon: Dueling Peaks Stable

Both Augustus and the Old Man furrowed their brows at the excited tone which escaped Dragon's lips. At first Augustus seemed annoyed, as if he thought the young man was taunting them for being afraid of monsters, but he relaxed a bit as Dragon spoke further. It was clear the traveling warrior was serious by the look in his eyes.

"Guard yourself, if you insist on investigating little fighter," Said Augustus gruffly, "I enjoy the rush of battle as well, but sometimes the enemy is better approached quietly to save yourself some scars," This seemed to be the only advice Augustus cared to give. The old man seemed shocked Augustus even had that many words to say. He chuckled before answering the Hylian's question.

"Well, whippersnapper, I'd say about two-hundred rupees would do the trick. We've had a lot of strong stallions come out of our stock, one or two even found themselves in service to the Horsemen! If that isn't an endorsement of a fair price, I don't know what is!"

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

Wernburger

New Member
Garvii: Tabantha Stable

The road ahead was kinder to the injured Rito than it had been previously. It was quiet, serene even, with only the birds and his own footsteps disturbing the silence until he reached the stable. He saw it first in the distance, a collection of four yurts surrounding the larger tent which served as the boarding house. The little columns of smoke arising from in front of each house denoted safety, and the continuation of life as it were. Eventually Garvii came within earshot to hear traders making their deals with the local settlers, and caught a few prolonged gazes in his direction as he entered the proximity. Life seemed to be passing by normally, except for a single detail within the camp.

Once in the midst of the tents, Garvii would notice a man fully clad in a strange suit of armor leaning against a tree by the communal cooking pot. The armor was a strange shade of white, exactly the color of bone. The mask he wore even resembled a skull, though not perfectly. More as if it were styled to seem so. The leather holding the different segments of this armor together were black, adding to the gothic appearance. As if to make this Knight-like figure even more out of place, there was a massive shovel made of a rough black iron leaning against the tree with the man. It was far larger than any spade Garvii had ever seen before, much too large indeed for any normal Hylian to use for digging holes. It had a wide, flat head and a cross-handle on the end as per usual, with a dark wood shaft fit for a halberd. An item of bizarre make all the way around.

The man sat solemnly, and whether he was asleep or simply staring straight ahead was a mystery due to the shade over his masked-face. Occasionally the man at the counter of the Big Top would chance a glance at the armored individual, or a mother would hurry her child along past him. It was clear he was making the locals nervous from the mere few moments Garvii laid eyes on him. Yet, it did not seem that the man bore any ill-will towards the population of the Stable. At least not yet.

Wernburger Wernburger (Roll Investigation to reveal the material of the armor)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Investigation Roll: 11

Garvii glanced at the gravely armored figure for a moment longer than any normal individual would be due and mused about his equipment. He had never seen something of the make and decided to keep an eye on this individual as a precaution.

He approached the big top tent’s counter and inquired of the attendant.

“Looking for a place to rest and recover. I can pay soon. Just need to find someone to sell off some gear. Anyone I should talk to?”

Garvii glanced back at the skull faced man.

“... or not talk to?”
 

Just_Dragon

Looney Muscle
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Dragon: Dueling Peaks Stable

Both Augustus and the Old Man furrowed their brows at the excited tone which escaped Dragon's lips. At first Augustus seemed annoyed, as if he thought the young man was taunting them for being afraid of monsters, but he relaxed a bit as Dragon spoke further. It was clear the traveling warrior was serious by the look in his eyes.

"Guard yourself, if you insist on investigating little fighter," Said Augustus gruffly, "I enjoy the rush of battle as well, but sometimes the enemy is better approached quietly to save yourself some scars," This seemed to be the only advice Augustus cared to give. The old man seemed shocked Augustus even had that many words to say. He chuckled before answering the Hylian's question.

"Well, whippersnapper, I'd say about two-hundred rupees would do the trick. We've had a lot of strong stallions come out of our stock, one or two even found themselves in service to the Horsemen! If that isn't an endorsement of a fair price, I don't know what is!"
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon was also a little surprised to hear Augustus speak. He fully expected him to be the strong and silent type, in the sense that he might've said one word per day and that was it. And maybe that has some level of truth, given how the old man was also shocked. Regardless, Dragon was more than greatful about the advice that was given to him. It's much better than.. hypothetically, being reprimanded for even thinking of trying to bests those beasts.

"Well, thank you, Augustus. I'll be sure to take your words into consideration."

He does mean that, legitimately. It's not his style, but if the situation calls for it? He may end up switching things up.

"Oh wow, so you guys are holding some strong ones huh? Then I guess I'll have to head back over here once I have enough Rupees."

He said this with a nod. Like he's made up his mind. With that, he twirled around on the heel of his foot and then he began to head off. With the same hand he pointed with, he raised it up and into the air and waved it back and forth for a short while. Along with a quick "Thanks again! Take care!" As he walked off. He figured that he knew all that he needed to, so he's off! Between those twin mountains. He stopped waving once he figured himself to be far enough, and he let his arms fall to his sides as well. Off he goes!
 

Stok

The Mercenary
Garvii: Tabantha Bridge Stable

Before Garvii turned his gaze he could determine that the Armor was no metal that he had ever seen. The surface to him seemed still to be bone, but the shapes which made out the breastplate and other sections were far too wide, consistent, and flat to be human bones. At least that much was certain. Monster bones, perhaps? Though a Hinox's bones would be too large and crack like stone if one tried to make plates out of them fit for armor. Thus, the material's source was still a mystery to the Rito as he approached the main counter.

"Ahhhhhhh, indeed," Said the man as Garvii referenced his spare weapons. "I'd take one myself as a matter of fact. It's been some time since I've seen a pre-calamity relic. How does twenty-five rupees sound?" The man's complexion and dark hair denoted he was from Lurelin. He was a tough sort himself, and looked by his sword-arm that he knew how to swing one. Garvii also could see calluses from farm work as the man held out a palmful of gems. "A bed for the night is only that much, so you could trade me the other for a night's stay. It's about time I gift my oldest son one and teach him how to use it. Then my baby can have the old traveler's blade, she'll be walking any day now!" The fighter-turned-father seemed more to be gushing about his family plans than attempting to make a deal. After a moment of imagination, however, he snapped back to the present.

"Anyway, sorry my friend, as I was saying. Twenty five rupees for one of those finely made blades, and a night in a soft bed for the second? Then you can unload the third on Perkins over there," He nodded to an old man whom was hanging halfway out of the side of a horse cart nearby, waiving to a woman whom had just bought a crate of milk. "He has ah, bandages, too," The side of the cart was cut folded out to form a general-store front. Perkins had cured meats and herbs on the makeshift counter, as well as candles and other household objects. The Stableman from Lurelin then spoke much more quietly than before.

"Please, do go approach that man in the armor," He barley let himself glance at the Knight for half a second to ensure he wasn't looking. "He showed up this morning, didn't speak to anyone, didn't ask to rent a bed. He's just been sitting there. Staring. We didn't want to anger him by asking a bunch of questions, but a gruff traveler like yourself might be able to justify meeting one of your kin, no?" The Stableman caught his words right at the end, realizing he might offend Garvii, and then have two warriors of ill temperament on his property. He watched the bird man carefully to see what he might do.

Wernburger Wernburger
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon: The Mouth of Dueling Peaks Canyon

Dragon followed the babbling of Squabble River to the middle of the mountains through which it flowed. The dirt path was mostly devoid of marks since the last rain, asside from occasional animal tracks. It was as the old man said, no one had used this path for at least a couple weeks, except for one cart which had only gone one-way. As he crossed the threshold onto the cold stone that made up the inside of the canyon floor, the sound of birds and bugs left him behind. Now only the flow of the river accompanied Dragon's footsteps and their echoes. To Dragon's left was the canyon wall, which created an overhang about one story above him. Enough to climb to for a motivated athlete, to be sure.

Ahead the Canyon went on some distance, further than Dragon could see at the moment. If he listened hard for other echoes, however, perhaps more could be revealed.

(ROLLLLLLLLLLLL PERCEPTION!!!!)
 

Just_Dragon

Looney Muscle
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Dragon: The Mouth of Dueling Peaks Canyon

Dragon followed the babbling of Squabble River to the middle of the mountains through which it flowed. The dirt path was mostly devoid of marks since the last rain, asside from occasional animal tracks. It was as the old man said, no one had used this path for at least a couple weeks, except for one cart which had only gone one-way. As he crossed the threshold onto the cold stone that made up the inside of the canyon floor, the sound of birds and bugs left him behind. Now only the flow of the river accompanied Dragon's footsteps and their echoes. To Dragon's left was the canyon wall, which created an overhang about one story above him. Enough to climb to for a motivated athlete, to be sure.

Ahead the Canyon went on some distance, further than Dragon could see at the moment. If he listened hard for other echoes, however, perhaps more could be revealed.

(ROLLLLLLLLLLLL PERCEPTION!!!!)
Perception roll 10... -1= 9.Dragon walked along the path as casually as ever. He wasn't too fond of the newfound quiet that came when he walked through these mountains. But.. it's nothing that he'll complain about. After all, there's still the sound of the river, and that adds a fair bit of comfort. Maybe it's because he's used to falling asleep to the sound of waves hitting the coast. Man, he doubts that he'll ever stop thinking about home, but that's only natural right? Surely those other adventurers in the Dueling peaks stable thought of their own homes when they were out and about. Maybe not. Maybe Dragon's just being sentimental. Maybe he should stop thinking about maybe..s so much and move on with things.

The Hylian stopped in when he realized that he couldn't see ahead. So he listened out. Maybe he was able to hear a little something.. he wasn't completely sure if that would result in anything though. Maybe getting a vantage point would mean that he'd be able to hear better, right? Or maybe see better. Seeing better is definitely the better goal to go for. So Dragon held his hands out and in front of his body, interlocked his fingers and pushed his hands outwards. That caused his knuckles to crack and pop. It was just a dramatic way of getting ready for climbing up to that ledge. And once he was ready.. well, that's exactly what he'd try to do.
7(Athletic)
 
Last edited:

Wernburger

New Member
Garvii: Tabantha Bridge Stable

Before Garvii turned his gaze he could determine that the Armor was no metal that he had ever seen. The surface to him seemed still to be bone, but the shapes which made out the breastplate and other sections were far too wide, consistent, and flat to be human bones. At least that much was certain. Monster bones, perhaps? Though a Hinox's bones would be too large and crack like stone if one tried to make plates out of them fit for armor. Thus, the material's source was still a mystery to the Rito as he approached the main counter.

"Ahhhhhhh, indeed," Said the man as Garvii referenced his spare weapons. "I'd take one myself as a matter of fact. It's been some time since I've seen a pre-calamity relic. How does twenty-five rupees sound?" The man's complexion and dark hair denoted he was from Lurelin. He was a tough sort himself, and looked by his sword-arm that he knew how to swing one. Garvii also could see calluses from farm work as the man held out a palmful of gems. "A bed for the night is only that much, so you could trade me the other for a night's stay. It's about time I gift my oldest son one and teach him how to use it. Then my baby can have the old traveler's blade, she'll be walking any day now!" The fighter-turned-father seemed more to be gushing about his family plans than attempting to make a deal. After a moment of imagination, however, he snapped back to the present.

"Anyway, sorry my friend, as I was saying. Twenty five rupees for one of those finely made blades, and a night in a soft bed for the second? Then you can unload the third on Perkins over there," He nodded to an old man whom was hanging halfway out of the side of a horse cart nearby, waiving to a woman whom had just bought a crate of milk. "He has ah, bandages, too," The side of the cart was cut folded out to form a general-store front. Perkins had cured meats and herbs on the makeshift counter, as well as candles and other household objects. The Stableman from Lurelin then spoke much more quietly than before.

"Please, do go approach that man in the armor," He barley let himself glance at the Knight for half a second to ensure he wasn't looking. "He showed up this morning, didn't speak to anyone, didn't ask to rent a bed. He's just been sitting there. Staring. We didn't want to anger him by asking a bunch of questions, but a gruff traveler like yourself might be able to justify meeting one of your kin, no?" The Stableman caught his words right at the end, realizing he might offend Garvii, and then have two warriors of ill temperament on his property. He watched the bird man carefully to see what he might do.

Wernburger Wernburger
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Garvii considered the information from the Hylian and looked back to the bone man.

What's the problem if he's keeping to himself? Is it a crime to sit? Garvii thought to himself.

He smirked. He had had a similar experience when first interacting with traders. There was an expectation to be jovial and friendly among these tent groups. Not something he was accustomed to.

Someone like that must have be well traveled, and clearly won't bend my ear more than warranted.

Garvii plopped two of his swords down on the counter and snatched the Rupees from the man's hand abruptly.

"I'm not one for bartering, It's a deal. I'll talk to your boney friend too. Wouldn't want him frightening away your business."

Garvii then made his way over to the merchant Perkins that had been pointed out to him.

"Hail Hylian. I'm in need of food and treatment for my injuries. What will you give me for this?" he said as he handed over the remaining long sword.

With a meal in hand, he planned to approach the man clad in bone armor and offer him a bite in exchange for news of the surrounding lands.
 

Stok

The Mercenary
Garvii: Tabantha Bridge Stable, Making New Friends

"Is that all my feathered friend? For a Soldier's Blade like that, I'll give you three cured beef steaks and a whole roll of bandages for certain," Perkins looked surprised at the simple request for such a fine weapon, and looked twice as happy to oblige it. He scooted the supplies towards Garvii and waited for the warrior to put the blade on the counter. He didn't dare take it from his grasp. Perhaps not because Garvii was all that scary of a guy, but more so because Perkins was a sleight old Hatenonian and had reason to be afraid of anyone holding a sword. Especially this far away from home. He smiled and waived just as pleasantly as Garvii left him behind.

As Garvii drew near, the man in armor made not so much as a twitch. The shade of the noontime sun casting harsh shadows into his mask.

Wernburger Wernburger (x3 rations, x2 bandages)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon: Dueling Peaks Canyon, On His Ass

Dragon had heard only the natural sounds of the river as he walked. Then, when he turned to climb the wall beside him, he heard the rough slip of his fingertips against the moist stone. Unfortunately, it was after he was already eight feet in the air. Even an advanced rock climber will tell you the safest way to fall is to bend your knees and roll back over your ass and back, turning yourself into a ball. Dragon stopped at the first half, sending much of the force from his bum into his torso. As he sat there on the ground in sleight pain, he still only heard the sounds of the brook.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon (4 bludgeoning damage)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

Just_Dragon

Looney Muscle
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Dragon: Dueling Peaks Canyon, On His Ass

Dragon had heard only the natural sounds of the river as he walked. Then, when he turned to climb the wall beside him, he heard the rough slip of his fingertips against the moist stone. Unfortunately, it was after he was already eight feet in the air. Even an advanced rock climber will tell you the safest way to fall is to bend your knees and roll back over your ass and back, turning yourself into a ball. Dragon stopped at the first half, sending much of the force from his bum into his torso. As he sat there on the ground in sleight pain, he still only heard the sounds of the brook.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon (4 bludgeoning damage)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hp: 34/38Dragon was indeed on his ass, and after a few moments of, infact, being on his ass? He just shook his head and got up and onto his feet. After the fact, he used his hands to dust off his pants. The backside of course, not the front, since there isn't any dust anywhere but his butt. After the fact, he just stared at the wall, and crossed his arms. "I didn't really wanna climb you anyways-" Believe it or not, he was a bit embarrassed of the fact that he literally slipped and fell, in the lamest way known to man. All he is, is glad that nobody else saw that sorry excuse of a climb. After the fact? Well, he moved on! Walking down the path like nothing was up ahead, since he didn't hear nor see anything out of the ordinary. Nothing more, nothing less. Aside from the silent promise to himself to redeem that failure by doing something really cool later on. He just didn't know what yet.
 

Wernburger

New Member
Garvii: Tabantha Bridge Stable, Making New Friends

"Is that all my feathered friend? For a Soldier's Blade like that, I'll give you three cured beef steaks and a whole roll of bandages for certain," Perkins looked surprised at the simple request for such a fine weapon, and looked twice as happy to oblige it. He scooted the supplies towards Garvii and waited for the warrior to put the blade on the counter. He didn't dare take it from his grasp. Perhaps not because Garvii was all that scary of a guy, but more so because Perkins was a sleight old Hatenonian and had reason to be afraid of anyone holding a sword. Especially this far away from home. He smiled and waived just as pleasantly as Garvii left him behind.

As Garvii drew near, the man in armor made not so much as a twitch. The shade of the noontime sun casting harsh shadows into his mask.

Wernburger Wernburger (x3 rations, x2 bandages)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Garvii placed the blade down near the nervous merchant calmly but swiftly.

"There are worse things out here than me Hylian. Return to your village if I'm enough to frighten you."

He grabbed up the supplies and made his way over to the bone armored man. He took up a spot within ear shot but not overly close and sat crossing his legs into a meditative position. Once seated, he set out two of the steaks by the cooking pot and then began cleaning and wrapping his wounds. After a few moments, he spoke up in the direction of the silent figure.

"Might as well help yourself to one of these meals. I just bought them fresh so you can trust they're safe."

Garvii pretended to be indifferent and waited to see the man's response. His offering would have to suffice as he had little to offer in the way of conversation.

---

(-2 Rations, 3 hit die used to heal: 24 HP. HP back at full 50)
 
Last edited:

Stok

The Mercenary
Garvii: Tabantha Bridge Stable, By the Creepy Guy

The man in the armor remained motionless for a moment more as Garvii took a seat. Then, just as Garvii spoke, the man snorted and his head shot up to look in the Rito's direction.

"Gyuh!" He exclaimed as his arm shot to grab the well-made shaft of his shovel. He sat with his arm stiff, gripping the thing and staring at Garvii hard. Through the now-lit holes in his helmet, Garvii could see two bloodshot eyes. Not as if he were drugged, but as if recently woken up. When he saw Garvii offering food, and realized he was not indeed whatever enemy the man might be expecting, his shoulders went slack. "Forgive me, I was sleeping," He said in a solemn, and weary, tone. As if his mind were still catching up to the scene he had woken up to, he stared at the meat Garvii offered as if trying to figure out what it was.

"That's... very kind of you..." He reached out and took the steak without another question. It seemed he was obliged enough to let Garvii sit with him, at least. He at least made no protest. As the man undid the clasp which held on his helmet, he removed it in one swift motion. A tangle of long, sweaty, curly brown hair lay matted against his head, but otherwise he was rather handsome. A somewhat-unkempt beard of about a half inch covered his angular face, and the bloodshot eyes seemed much softer when not obstructed by a skull-like mask. The helmet itself seemed to be hardened leather except for the bone-like mask, likely to save weight.

Despite being easy on the blue-eyes, the Hylian did seem haggard and travel-worn. Dark circles beneath his eyes and lines on his face denoted his lack of sleep, and perhaps hydration.

"You're a Rito, correct? You're the first I've met. Are all your people so hospitable?" To see the man remove his helmet and take Garvii's gift put the life back into the camp immediately. The families around seemed to breathe deeply again, knowing that he was not some sort of horrible creature beneath such a Gothic outfit. Still they watched the two converse out of the corners of their eyes.

Wernburger Wernburger (roll perception)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon: Twin Peaks Canyon

As Dragon walked along slowly the sounds further up the corridor became more clear. The grunts and snorts of Bokoblins won out above the Babbling of the river just barely as they became visible in the distance. Thankfully Hylian eyesight just barely beat out Bokoblin senses, and they had not yet noticed Dragon as a dot on the edge of the horizon. In Dragon's path, there were a few good size boulders which could conceal his presence. Likely the result of crumbling off of the mountains above. All Dragon could make out about the camp at this point, however, was a single archer on top of a makeshift structure watching his direction. That, and the column of smoke which arose from their campfire within their fortifications.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon (Roll Perception)
 

Just_Dragon

Looney Muscle
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Dragon: Twin Peaks Canyon

As Dragon walked along slowly the sounds further up the corridor became more clear. The grunts and snorts of Bokoblins won out above the Babbling of the river just barely as they became visible in the distance. Thankfully Hylian eyesight just barely beat out Bokoblin senses, and they had not yet noticed Dragon as a dot on the edge of the horizon. In Dragon's path, there were a few good size boulders which could conceal his presence. Likely the result of crumbling off of the mountains above. All Dragon could make out about the camp at this point, however, was a single archer on top of a makeshift structure watching his direction. That, and the column of smoke which arose from their campfire within their fortifications.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon (Roll Perception)
Perception: 7​

Once Dragon was met with the sound of Bokoblins and their.. chatter, all Dragon would do is stop in place and try to get a feel for what he was about to get himself into. All he could see was a bit of smoke, which told him that he was dealing with a camp.. which would mean that there's more than one foe to deal with. Most likely anyways. Second thing, was the fact that a Bokoblin was keeping watch on some kind of platform.. and was looking in his direction. That's a huge red flag if he's ever seen one.

So first thing Dragon did was hide behind one of these boulders, and he went as fast as he could. The last thing he wanted.. or needed to happen, was being spotted before he could even get close to their camp. Now the only question was.. how exactly would he go about this? Charging into Bokoblin camps usually don't go well if he has to deal with foes that carry ranged weapons. He's learned that the hard way.

After just a moment or so of thinking, Dragon would start to advance. How so? All he would do is poke his head outside of cover for a short while to see which boulder was closest to him, and then move to that boulder in order to get closer to camp. Or as close to that tall structure as he could manage. On his way there, he was looking for any small rocks, pebbles, that he could pick up in his hand. Small, but hopefully big enough to make a noise when thrown.​

Stealth roll: 7​
 
Last edited:

Wernburger

New Member
Garvii: Tabantha Bridge Stable, By the Creepy Guy

The man in the armor remained motionless for a moment more as Garvii took a seat. Then, just as Garvii spoke, the man snorted and his head shot up to look in the Rito's direction.

"Gyuh!" He exclaimed as his arm shot to grab the well-made shaft of his shovel. He sat with his arm stiff, gripping the thing and staring at Garvii hard. Through the now-lit holes in his helmet, Garvii could see two bloodshot eyes. Not as if he were drugged, but as if recently woken up. When he saw Garvii offering food, and realized he was not indeed whatever enemy the man might be expecting, his shoulders went slack. "Forgive me, I was sleeping," He said in a solemn, and weary, tone. As if his mind were still catching up to the scene he had woken up to, he stared at the meat Garvii offered as if trying to figure out what it was.

"That's... very kind of you..." He reached out and took the steak without another question. It seemed he was obliged enough to let Garvii sit with him, at least. He at least made no protest. As the man undid the clasp which held on his helmet, he removed it in one swift motion. A tangle of long, sweaty, curly brown hair lay matted against his head, but otherwise he was rather handsome. A somewhat-unkempt beard of about a half inch covered his angular face, and the bloodshot eyes seemed much softer when not obstructed by a skull-like mask. The helmet itself seemed to be hardened leather except for the bone-like mask, likely to save weight.

Despite being easy on the blue-eyes, the Hylian did seem haggard and travel-worn. Dark circles beneath his eyes and lines on his face denoted his lack of sleep, and perhaps hydration.

"You're a Rito, correct? You're the first I've met. Are all your people so hospitable?" To see the man remove his helmet and take Garvii's gift put the life back into the camp immediately. The families around seemed to breathe deeply again, knowing that he was not some sort of horrible creature beneath such a Gothic outfit. Still they watched the two converse out of the corners of their eyes.

Wernburger Wernburger (roll perception)

Perception Roll: 16

Garvii calmly tore part of his steak with his beak and swallowed a large bite. He relaxed his muscles a bit seeing a face behind the mask and thought about his response.

"I'm a Rito alright, not that you'd know it apart from these feathers. Plenty of 'em across that bridge behind me, but I'd be wary of heavy monster activity if that's your destination." Garvii gestured at his bandaged wounds. "Trust me."

Garvii paused and tried to steer the conversation to find out more about the mystery man. "Rather than hospitable, I'll admit, I have an ulterior motive. You're something of a mystery. I've seen Hylians of all kinds at this stable but not one like you. My guess is you've got an equally unique past and I find myself needing a change in scenery. What can you tell me about where you come from and what you've seen?"
 

Stok

The Mercenary
Garvii: Tabantha Bridge Stable, Making Conversation

The traveler in armor smirked a knowing grin as Garvii mentioned his soon-to-be scars. When Garvii finished his prompting, it came to his mind the materials involved in the traveler's armor. Skultula Carapaces. The common wilderness spider with an exoskeleton hard enough to stop a well-made blade. While a small one could be easily squished because of the soft underbelly, they can grow to over the size of a person. Even a Goron, in such cases. The Breastplate now looked obvious to Garvii given the proximity, but there was still a mystery about it. How could one fashion the larger pieces. The shoulder plates, face mask, and gauntlets were easily enough made from the smaller creatures. So how does one cut the larger shells to make proper armor from them, if even the finest steel chisel could not do so?

"I'll be careful. Thankyou for the warning. In fact, it's more or less that fact that I'm here in the first place..." The man listened intently as he reached into his pouch and pulled out some flint. Striking it against the back of his hunting knife, he lit the cooking fire adeptly. Then used the finely-sharpened blade to begin shaving strips of Garvii's present into the pot. He then added some common herbs and mushrooms, which quickly began to simmer in their own juices.

When Garvii remarked that the man was unusual, he paused his stirring. As if confused by how he could be different from other Hylians. Then, his thoughtful gaze shifted to his helmet on the ground next to him.

"Ah... you must mean the armor... I wear the damn set so much I sometimes forget the way it looks. I'm sure it's off putting at a glance," He said with a toothy grin. "I'm from a town called Hateno... I've been gone so long now that I barely remember what it looks like. Soft green hills rolling up to the town, and the top of the valley wears it like a crown," His voice grew quieter and sad at the end of the statement, while he seemed to be trying hard to recall more, "It's nearly on the ocean, and if you follow the coast south you'll get to Lurelin. It's a fishing town. That's really all I know about it, I've never been myself.

My older sister married a man from there. When she came back from her first trip that way she kept talking about how beautiful the skin of their people was. Like the color of chestnuts. She said it was because they were blessed by the goddess to protect them from the harsh sun on the ocean. I... don't know if I believe in the goddess... do you, Garvii?" The whole monologue truly seemed to come unexpectedly to the Hylian. As if he didn't know he was capable of reminiscing so. Then, his final question sounded like a dare. As if Garvii now owed him back for what he had just divulged.

Wernburger Wernburger
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon: Dueling Peaks Canyon, Getting Ambushed

Dragon had gone on well enough, ducking behind boulder after boulder. The Blue Bokoblin Archer squinted into the distance, but also spent a fair amount of time picking in between it's toes and watching the fish in the river. This made Dragon's advance a success right up until a hundred feet of the camp. Dragon could now see from this distance that the archer was standing on a pushed-over cart. Of Hateno make. It's wheels useless and demolished, now it served only as a single barricade on the wall-side of the path. It left a five foot opening from the edge of it to the river, which led into the camp. Dragon could not quite make out still how many enemies there were within the camp from their noises.

As the young monk was searching for rocks to use as a distraction, he did not notice the Lizalfos which had seen him coming. The thing had been swimming beneath the surface of the river hunting for Staminoka Bass, but decided a young man from a fishing village sounded better for lunch. Slowly it dragged itself onto shore like an alligator coming to beach. Without a sound, at least one that Dragon could notice. The thing curled it's tongue into the back of it's throat as it opened it's jaws wide, from ten feet away. And then SHWIP went it's whip-like appendage, catching the Lurelinean from behind.

Then, having revealed itself, the scaly foe cocked back it's throwing arm. It followed up it's first strike with a hurl of it's bladed boomerang at Dragon, but missed. The Lizalfos's blade clattered against the boulder and onto the ground. This caught the Archer's attention, and he looked in the direction of the sound questioningly.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon (4 damage. It is your first attack my friend. You are officially in combat. Ask all the questions you need before proceeding)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Misko: The Ledge Above the Bokoblin Camp

Heh, amatuer, Said Misko in his head, retreating from the edge of the overhang out of sight. He had watched the young warrior's approach from the raised path. A trained bandit such as himself could hear Dragon even before the Lizalfos, which was much closer. Misko had been camped on that ledge since very early that morning, when the second carriage had been ambushed by the monsters. He had planned on doing just that himself, after all. Not one to give up a prize so easily, Misko had simply sat in waiting for some distraction to come by and give him the opportunity to take the large storage of rupees the trader had been carrying. In addition to the large pile of weapons the Bokoblins had amassed. It seemed he had gotten his wish in this young man.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oro: Leaving the Great Hyrule Forest

Oro had never seen the sky so clearly in all his life. Instead of winking at him through the dense tree branches of the forest, it danced down to caress him with warm rays from all sides. Leaving home, in the short time so far that he'd done it, had been a pleasant walk in terms of environment. Any thoughts of the road ahead being equally serene, however, were quickly squashed by the sounds of Ganon's spawn in this world. The Malice inside them whispered to the equally dark forces within Oro. A silent tug she always felt, which now seemed ever so slightly stronger in the direction of the Royal Guard Training Camp.

The Deku Tree had told him stories, of when the Hylians would send their heartiest warriors there to train. Now it was a crawling mass of broken fortifications and snorting Bokoblins. It seemed as well, that there was a leader amongst them. A Moblin, which sat atop what used to be a storage shed like a throne. While Oro watched on, it howled at one of it's subordinates whom offered up the meat it had just finished cooking itself. Occasionally a Blue skinned dot would weave in and out amongst the red, but if Oro was to see more through the many trees ahead he would have to move closer. Who could blame him if he didn't, however, for how must a little Deku Scrub feel with a horde of monsters at their family's front door.

StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos (Roll Perception if you move up)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

Wernburger

New Member
Garvii: Tabantha Bridge Stable, Making Conversation

The traveler in armor smirked a knowing grin as Garvii mentioned his soon-to-be scars. When Garvii finished his prompting, it came to his mind the materials involved in the traveler's armor. Skultula Carapaces. The common wilderness spider with an exoskeleton hard enough to stop a well-made blade. While a small one could be easily squished because of the soft underbelly, they can grow to over the size of a person. Even a Goron, in such cases. The Breastplate now looked obvious to Garvii given the proximity, but there was still a mystery about it. How could one fashion the larger pieces. The shoulder plates, face mask, and gauntlets were easily enough made from the smaller creatures. So how does one cut the larger shells to make proper armor from them, if even the finest steel chisel could not do so?

"I'll be careful. Thankyou for the warning. In fact, it's more or less that fact that I'm here in the first place..." The man listened intently as he reached into his pouch and pulled out some flint. Striking it against the back of his hunting knife, he lit the cooking fire adeptly. Then used the finely-sharpened blade to begin shaving strips of Garvii's present into the pot. He then added some common herbs and mushrooms, which quickly began to simmer in their own juices.

When Garvii remarked that the man was unusual, he paused his stirring. As if confused by how he could be different from other Hylians. Then, his thoughtful gaze shifted to his helmet on the ground next to him.

"Ah... you must mean the armor... I wear the damn set so much I sometimes forget the way it looks. I'm sure it's off putting at a glance," He said with a toothy grin. "I'm from a town called Hateno... I've been gone so long now that I barely remember what it looks like. Soft green hills rolling up to the town, and the top of the valley wears it like a crown," His voice grew quieter and sad at the end of the statement, while he seemed to be trying hard to recall more, "It's nearly on the ocean, and if you follow the coast south you'll get to Lurelin. It's a fishing town. That's really all I know about it, I've never been myself.

My older sister married a man from there. When she came back from her first trip that way she kept talking about how beautiful the skin of their people was. Like the color of chestnuts. She said it was because they were blessed by the goddess to protect them from the harsh sun on the ocean. I... don't know if I believe in the goddess... do you, Garvii?" The whole monologue truly seemed to come unexpectedly to the Hylian. As if he didn't know he was capable of reminiscing so. Then, his final question sounded like a dare. As if Garvii now owed him back for what he had just divulged.

Garvii listened intently while attempting to appear aloof. He hadn't much consideration for the goddess, often disregarding her shrine in Rito Village altogether. He considered the man's question for a moment.

"I'd rather not presume to believe in any greater force with my own reasoning. Rather than speak for the gods, if they do exist, I'd prefer to listen for their voice in nature. There must be a wisdom hidden in these vast lands and I'm committed to learning it. So far, they've left me mostly unsatisfied."

Garvii was fixated on the traveler's personal life story.

"These lands you've mentioned. Hateno, Lurelin. Would they be welcoming to someone like myself? Do the denizens of malice plague them? I've listened for years to the voice of Tabantha and heard nothing. How would I get to these places? I'm not expecting you to tell me free of charge. You seem to have business in the surrounding area and I'm familiar with the nearby terrain. If you plan to head much further north, you'll eventually reach the Tabantha Tundra and Hebra Mountain range. These are harsh, cold regions and you'd be wise to trade with the Rito Village settlement for warm clothing. We've heard tales of foolhardy adventurers confident in their abilities wandering north never to return."
 
Last edited:

StorytellerLathos

*autotuned screaming*
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Oro: Leaving the Great Hyrule Forest

Oro had never seen the sky so clearly in all his life. Instead of winking at him through the dense tree branches of the forest, it danced down to caress him with warm rays from all sides. Leaving home, in the short time so far that he'd done it, had been a pleasant walk in terms of environment. Any thoughts of the road ahead being equally serene, however, were quickly squashed by the sounds of Ganon's spawn in this world. The Malice inside them whispered to the equally dark forces within Oro. A silent tug she always felt, which now seemed ever so slightly stronger in the direction of the Royal Guard Training Camp.

The Deku Tree had told him stories, of when the Hylians would send their heartiest warriors there to train. Now it was a crawling mass of broken fortifications and snorting Bokoblins. It seemed as well, that there was a leader amongst them. A Moblin, which sat atop what used to be a storage shed like a throne. While Oro watched on, it howled at one of it's subordinates whom offered up the meat it had just finished cooking itself. Occasionally a Blue skinned dot would weave in and out amongst the red, but if Oro was to see more through the many trees ahead he would have to move closer. Who could blame him if he didn't, however, for how must a little Deku Scrub feel with a horde of monsters at their family's front door.

StorytellerLathos StorytellerLathos (Roll Perception if you move up)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Perception Roll: 19

Oro's fascination with the new world they'd stepped into didn't end with pleasant winds and the beautiful light that gleamed down onto him. He was fixated on the monsters that populated the old Training Camp. In a mind filled with tales and stories, even the putrid smells and hideous appearances of unbathed and terrifying creatures kept him entranced. Compounding this interest was how the Malice that made up a part of her had drawn them to here. Why was it so interested in this place? But as his thoughts developed, his mind drifted back to the Deku Tree and her family. Do they know these monsters are here? There weren't exactly many warriors back in the Lost Woods. In fact, she usually felt like the only one willing to pick up and use weapons like the Fairy Slingshot at her side. Could they protect themselves?

Worry took hold when the question crossed their mind. They couldn't let anything happen to her forest family, she'd need to take action. He began taking note of what few Bokoblins he could see from the distance. The Moblin was clearly a threat but even the Bokoblins could take her out if she wasn't careful. She wanted more information before she rushed in. Oro, in all his fascination, was still not so naive as to misunderstand the danger of these monsters. Plenty of big, scary creatures in tales would eat up heroes much larger and more powerful than the small Deku Oro was.

Oro moved in some more, past the main line of trees blocking their view. They considered trying to get into the camp immediately by sneaking in but one look at the slobbering bites that the Moblin took into the meat it was served dissuaded her from anything too risky. It wouldn't be long before he settled on a nice area not too close or far still keeping a bit out of site in a final group of scattered trees.
 

Just_Dragon

Looney Muscle
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Dragon: Dueling Peaks Canyon, Getting Ambushed

Dragon had gone on well enough, ducking behind boulder after boulder. The Blue Bokoblin Archer squinted into the distance, but also spent a fair amount of time picking in between it's toes and watching the fish in the river. This made Dragon's advance a success right up until a hundred feet of the camp. Dragon could now see from this distance that the archer was standing on a pushed-over cart. Of Hateno make. It's wheels useless and demolished, now it served only as a single barricade on the wall-side of the path. It left a five foot opening from the edge of it to the river, which led into the camp. Dragon could not quite make out still how many enemies there were within the camp from their noises.

As the young monk was searching for rocks to use as a distraction, he did not notice the Lizalfos which had seen him coming. The thing had been swimming beneath the surface of the river hunting for Staminoka Bass, but decided a young man from a fishing village sounded better for lunch. Slowly it dragged itself onto shore like an alligator coming to beach. Without a sound, at least one that Dragon could notice. The thing curled it's tongue into the back of it's throat as it opened it's jaws wide, from ten feet away. And then SHWIP went it's whip-like appendage, catching the Lurelinean from behind.

Then, having revealed itself, the scaly foe cocked back it's throwing arm. It followed up it's first strike with a hurl of it's bladed boomerang at Dragon, but missed. The Lizalfos's blade clattered against the boulder and onto the ground. This caught the Archer's attention, and he looked in the direction of the sound questioningly.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon (4 damage. It is your first attack my friend. You are officially in combat. Ask all the questions you need before proceeding)
Hp: 30/38​

Dragon's back arched as he felt a sudden pain on his back. He was whipped! The sharp pain that ran through his body shortly aftrreards caused him to inhale through gritted teeth. After the fact, the Hylian whipped around, prepared to.. well, do nothing intially. That's when he saw that boomerang coming towards him! Or.. approximately anyways.


Once it came near, despite the fact that it's aim was off, Dragon caught the boomerange between his palms! Which would also mean it wouldn't make any loud noises due to hitting the ground. Since his opponent was far, and he didn't want to move from cover, Dragon decided to do the next best thing and return the boomerang to sender! The Hylian cocked his right arm backwards for a split second. All the while, his hand was incased in a rather dim, but somewhat noticeable glow.. all before he swiftly tossed it right towards this ambushing Lizalfos!

It's the Deflect Missiles Attack!

After that, though, Dragon threw caution to the wind! He absolutely had to take out this Lizalfos as soon as pssoble. So made a mad dash towards towards his new foe, while reaching his arms behind his back so he could reach for his weapons! A pair of shortswords.

After quickly closing the distance between the two, Dragon swung the both of his blades towards his foe.. while unsheathing them! So he pulled them up and out first, and then swung them downwards and upon his foe. Aiming to hit 'em with the both of his weapons! He was hoping to hit him overhead with that strike. Followed up with that, he pulled the both of his blades towards the side a little.. and then swung them upwards again! This time at an angle. This time he was aiming for cutting his side! Or maybe cutting through it? Whatever the case, he wanted to draw some blood, and hopefully be rid of the thing. Hopefully.​

(For the throw) 1d20 + Dex(6)= 8
(For the damage) 1d8 + Dex(6)= 10
Ki points 4/5

(For the first dual-bladed strike) 1d20 + Dex(6)= 9
(Damage numero uno) 2d6 + 6 = 12
(For the second one) 1d20 + Dex(6)= 14
(Damage numero dos) 2d6 + 6 = 16​
 
Last edited:

Stok

The Mercenary
Garvii: Tabantha Bridge Stable, Being Intrigued

"A naturalist... I can respect that... any enlightenment or divinity that does exist can be found in the world around us, so why look further?" Remarked the surprisingly well-read warrior.

"Denizens of Malice," then spat the monochromatic-knight. While the topic of philosophy seemed to calm the man's clouded thoughts, bringing up monsters seemed to annoy him a bit. "They don't deserve a name so poetic Garvii. Don't give them the respect," He said this flatly, but without disdain for Garvii in particular. It was clear the topic itself was the problem, "The fucking beasts plague every corner of Hyrule. I can assure you of that without even having to go there, because everywhere I have traveled is infested,"

His mood calmed as he listened to Garvii inform him of the mountains. "So some proper cooking or potions won't do it, eh? I had no idea the cold was that harsh. And the supplies for an affectatious dish are probably far too thin to keep a Hylian alive if they don't know where to look. That probably means I need a guide, in addition to properly made clothing," The man was musing as he spooned his dish he had cooked into a wooden bowl, which he produced from his side pouch.

"You can reach the land of my ancestors by going southeast. There's no cutting through Hyrule field, though. Take me at my word on that. There are things there. Massive things which produce explosions from a distance. Like no monster I've ever seen. I'd take the road straight East until you reach the Woodland Stable, then go south past the wetlands. There are two twin mountains called the Dueling Peaks. Pass through them, and you'll be in my homeland. The road from their you can get from the locals. Depending on how far out of the way you want to go, you could visit the Zora. An aquatic people. There's no stable their way yet, but a tough Rito like you could likely survive the journey. The monsters there aren't anything compared to your homeland at the moment,

Which brings me to my own business. I've come to the area because the further northwest I travel, the stronger and more numerous the monsters become. It's almost as if these creatures are spreading from this direction. I'm a specialist, you see, at killing these things. I want to exterminate every last one of these demonic worms from Hyrule. I'm well also informed, you see. I've studied the biology of these things, with the aid of allies.

The amount of Blue Ones I've encountered coming this way is inconsistent with their natural mutations. The monsters mutate when they feed a certain amount of times after they appear. Kilton and I go back and forth about the exact number, but they do appear, you understand? They don't reproduce as far as we can tell. And the food which seems to cause them to mutate the fastest, is people Garvii. The citizens of Hyrule. So there simply isn't enough food in Tabantha for the amount of Blue Monsters, by our observations," The Monster Hunter paused and looked hard at the Rito swordsman to ensure his words would sink in. Then, in an equally serious tone he continued.

"So something unnatural is happening to them. Making them more powerful. My guess, is it's something like dark Magic. So, how about it then? Would you double back and make sure I survive the hike on the chance that we could deal a major blow to the monster's population? Or perhaps simply if the price was right? I may not look it, but I'm quite successful in my trade," He said with a grin, patting his coin purse to produce a light jingle.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon: Dueling Peaks Canyon

Similarly to the Lizalfos, Dragon's aim was just a bit off with the boomerang. The Lizalfos deftly ducked the blade rather than try to mimic the young lad's monk-like prowess. The Lizard-kin just barely dodged the second strike of the young warrior as well, only to take the full brunt of the third and final blow. A large gash opened across the thing's torso from one side to the other, and malice followed the arc of Dragon's blades to fling into the air and evaporate instantly into a red mist. The thing then promptly fell at Dragon's feet. At this same time, the Boomerang Dragon had thrown was just coming back around for the young monk to catch again, lest the clattering of metal against stone alert the Archer to his presence.

(Since you interrupted the Boomerang's flight path, it did not alert the Blue Archer by clattering against the boulders. You are now back in stealth)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oro: Royal Guard Training Camp, Hiding Amongst The Foliage

It seemed to Oro that there were about two dozen Bokoblins, give or take. In addition, there were six Blue Ones amongst the Red mass. Three Bokoblins had been positioned around the outskirts of the camp, whom merely lazed about in place rather than patrol. Behind them were several makeshift barricades made from the scrap of the crumbling camp, with wide gaps every two or three they had set up. Within the camp it seemed there were many more structures halfway intact they were using for shelter. There was a large main structure which used to be the obstacle course which rose above the rest of the wood, laying slightly askew to the north of the camp. Oro currently sat due west at about fifty feet.

(Roll stealth if you choose to advance)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

Wernburger

New Member
Garvii: Tabantha Bridge Stable, Being Intrigued

"A naturalist... I can respect that... any enlightenment or divinity that does exist can be found in the world around us, so why look further?" Remarked the surprisingly well-read warrior.

"Denizens of Malice," then spat the monochromatic-knight. While the topic of philosophy seemed to calm the man's clouded thoughts, bringing up monsters seemed to annoy him a bit. "They don't deserve a name so poetic Garvii. Don't give them the respect," He said this flatly, but without disdain for Garvii in particular. It was clear the topic itself was the problem, "The fucking beasts plague every corner of Hyrule. I can assure you of that without even having to go there, because everywhere I have traveled is infested,"

His mood calmed as he listened to Garvii inform him of the mountains. "So some proper cooking or potions won't do it, eh? I had no idea the cold was that harsh. And the supplies for an affectatious dish are probably far too thin to keep a Hylian alive if they don't know where to look. That probably means I need a guide, in addition to properly made clothing," The man was musing as he spooned his dish he had cooked into a wooden bowl, which he produced from his side pouch.

"You can reach the land of my ancestors by going southeast. There's no cutting through Hyrule field, though. Take me at my word on that. There are things there. Massive things which produce explosions from a distance. Like no monster I've ever seen. I'd take the road straight East until you reach the Woodland Stable, then go south past the wetlands. There are two twin mountains called the Dueling Peaks. Pass through them, and you'll be in my homeland. The road from their you can get from the locals. Depending on how far out of the way you want to go, you could visit the Zora. An aquatic people. There's no stable their way yet, but a tough Rito like you could likely survive the journey. The monsters there aren't anything compared to your homeland at the moment,

Which brings me to my own business. I've come to the area because the further northwest I travel, the stronger and more numerous the monsters become. It's almost as if these creatures are spreading from this direction. I'm a specialist, you see, at killing these things. I want to exterminate every last one of these demonic worms from Hyrule. I'm well also informed, you see. I've studied the biology of these things, with the aid of allies.

The amount of Blue Ones I've encountered coming this way is inconsistent with their natural mutations. The monsters mutate when they feed a certain amount of times after they appear. Kilton and I go back and forth about the exact number, but they do appear, you understand? They don't reproduce as far as we can tell. And the food which seems to cause them to mutate the fastest, is people Garvii. The citizens of Hyrule. So there simply isn't enough food in Tabantha for the amount of Blue Monsters, by our observations," The Monster Hunter paused and looked hard at the Rito swordsman to ensure his words would sink in. Then, in an equally serious tone he continued.

"So something unnatural is happening to them. Making them more powerful. My guess, is it's something like dark Magic. So, how about it then? Would you double back and make sure I survive the hike on the chance that we could deal a major blow to the monster's population? Or perhaps simply if the price was right? I may not look it, but I'm quite successful in my trade," He said with a grin, patting his coin purse to produce a light jingle.

Garvii stared intently at his surprisingly talkative and knowledgeable meal companion. He was not used to company and was rather excited that his first experience in a long while turned out to be so intriguing.

"I see. I had no idea that these creatures were so ... unnatural. No wonder I've had nothing but trouble with them on my journey."

Garvii thought hard about the bone man's offer. It did seem to make sense. Garvii would be able to act as the optimal guide and the news of monstrous activities worsening so close to his home troubled him. But then the though of his home flashed red across head. The Rito's many beautiful voices filled his mind with songs that mixed and merged into one disruptive noise that deafened him. He winced and crushed the food in his hand sending bits sailing away. Garvii's head hung in disappointment.

"... I'm sorry. Your offer is tempting and you and this 'Kilton's' work seems important. But I can't return to Tabantha, not now, not yet. I'm not ready. Until I find the answers I seek, I won't be able to face them as a true Rito. No, my warrior path takes me elsewhere for now. I hope you're not offended. If you pass by near Rito Village, seek out a warrior by the name of Silva. He's a capable archer and guide even if he is an irritating prick."
 
Last edited:

Just_Dragon

Looney Muscle
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon: Dueling Peaks Canyon

Similarly to the Lizalfos, Dragon's aim was just a bit off with the boomerang. The Lizalfos deftly ducked the blade rather than try to mimic the young lad's monk-like prowess. The Lizard-kin just barely dodged the second strike of the young warrior as well, only to take the full brunt of the third and final blow. A large gash opened across the thing's torso from one side to the other, and malice followed the arc of Dragon's blades to fling into the air and evaporate instantly into a red mist. The thing then promptly fell at Dragon's feet. At this same time, the Boomerang Dragon had thrown was just coming back around for the young monk to catch again, lest the clattering of metal against stone alert the Archer to his presence.

(Since you interrupted the Boomerang's flight path, it did not alert the Blue Archer by clattering against the boulders. You are now back in stealth)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"...Dick-"

Dragon whispered to himself as the Lizalfos fell in front of him, specifically after he caught the boomerang. It was a deserving insult, since the dude was trying to be a sneak.. and it worked. At the same time though, he's also trying to be sneaky so.. would that make him a dick as well? Questions for later. Advancement for now. The Hylian sheathed just one of his blades. He kept the other one in hand simply for the sake of.. well looting. Lizalfos typically wear metal plating on their backs and heads, and he was looking for something to use as a distraction. What better than a literal piece of metal? It's bound to be quite loud if it hit against a boulder. Theoretically he could use the boomerang as a sound distraction, but he wants to use the thing as a means to attack this foe of his. So, assuming this Lizalfos did indeed have some metal plating on him, Dragon would've pried just one piece of it off of the beast's corpse. He even used his blade to cut off whatever was keeping it strapped on if anything.

With his new distraction in hand, Dragon sheathed his other shortsword, and began to advance once again. He knows how far he can throw, and he's still too far away from his target. Which means more stealth attempts for him! Time to keep on going, luck be with him.


Stealth roll: 1d20= 18​
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top