• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hyrule Hunters OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I'm at work rn so take this with a grain of salt, but everything looks good at a glance with your numbers. Your health I think should be lower. I'll tally the exact damage when I go over it in more detail but I think you should be sitting at 19ish
Unless your max is actually 38 and not 28. Again at work so I can't check right this second
It is indeed 38! Been keeping track with D&D Beyond's app

If I remember correctly, took 4 damage from the fall, bringing me to 34
Another 4 with the tounge whip, so 30
And then the 3 from the cut, so 27

Edit: I have fixed the post so it presents the correct information. Done and done

Last edited:

Edit: I have fixed the post so it presents the correct information. Done and done
Thank god because if it was 28 I DID NOT balance this encounter properly and you would have died lmao

Last edited:

"He moved forwards and towards the fallen Bokoblin, kicked over the body so it'd be facing the sky, and then he leaned over and.. bit the handle of the bladed boomerag!" -

that.... was so fuckin sick lmao. A stricter DM might not have let this fly but It's so on brand for a monk that I just HAVE to see it through. Well done lmao

"He moved forwards and towards the fallen Bokoblin, kicked over the body so it'd be facing the sky, and then he leaned over and.. bit the handle of the bladed boomerag!" -

that.... was so fuckin sick lmao. A stricter DM might not have let this fly but It's so on brand for a monk that I just HAVE to see it through. Well done lmao
YEAAAAAH
I was afraid that wouldn't slide by you, very glad that you're good with it!

Thank you by the way!

YEAAAAAH
I was afraid that wouldn't slide by you, very glad that you're good with it!

Thank you by the way!
As the DM alignment chart put it, "following the rules gets in the way of my fun" lmao.

At the end of the day, as long as the numbers/damage are tracked properly I'll let you do whatever the fuck you want with your narration. If you make a habit of throwing boomerangs with your teeth though, I'll make you roll at disadvantage lol

I hope everyone is having a good day. I'm taking it easy all day. Off work and just bought the new SpellJammer books from DnD. I'll be reading them off and on throughout the afternoon, but I've already found several abilities/monsters that will be making their way into this one for sure. A couple of templates to base a giant on if you know what I mean.

I've been wanting to do a sci-fi campaign for a while now too, so I'm thinking that'll be up-to-bat after this one.

Edit: Praying Mantis People

Attachments

• PXL_20221001_165425139.jpg
    PXL_20221001_165425139.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Since it's a little later in the day, just wanted to communicate with my crew. If we hear no communication from Lathos by 9 o'clock EST I'll start typing up a reply for you other two so we can move things along smoothly tonight/tomorrow.

Lathos, if you read this, no hard feelings. Get back to us when you can.

I hope everyone is having a good day.

Response will be up in a little! So sorry for the wait, been a much more hectic weekend than expected-

No worries at all my friend even if you can't get to it. Hylia knows I've been on that same level before lol.
Actually, response is about done! It's something quick since Oro is just going to be attacking. Just two quick questions. Will Oro need to do a stealth check in this post before or after attacking if at all? If they are considered hidden would they get advantage for these attacks?

Actually, response is about done! It's something quick since Oro is just going to be attacking. Just two quick questions. Will Oro need to do a stealth check in this post before or after attacking if at all? If they are considered hidden would they get advantage for these attacks?
They are currently hidden and will get advantage, and yes you will need to reroll stealth as long as you're in enemy territory. Especially since now Oro is in the midst of the monster crowd, that spell is the only thing keeping you out of sight right now

They are currently hidden and will get advantage, and yes you will need to reroll stealth as long as you're in enemy territory. Especially since now Oro is in the midst of the monster crowd, that spell is the only thing keeping you out of sight right now
They'll be dropping concentration on the spell right before attacking, should I do a stealth roll without the +10?
Edit: Ummm well I guess RPNation decided to also add my attempts at making a design for Oro, so enjoy my drawings that I made like yesterday at 11 pm.

Attachments

• BDD7899C-0045-46CF-8827-0F5C936D8034.jpeg
    BDD7899C-0045-46CF-8827-0F5C936D8034.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 3
They'll be dropping concentration on the spell right before attacking, should I do a stealth roll without the +10?
Edit: Ummm well I guess RPNation decided to also add my attempts at making a design for Oro, so enjoy my drawings that I made like yesterday at 11 pm.
Very nice, and I think that's fair yes. No +10 (but Oro is def gonna realize how out in the open they are immediately, so you can go ahead and write how that looks/feels

Ok, it's done! There was quite a bit I tried to get done with this one so just tell me if anything needs to get rewritten or cut out for any checks and things.

Damn that little scrub hits harder than expected, and here I thought I was going to have to nerf the Moblin lmao

Damn that little scrub hits harder than expected, and here I thought I was going to have to nerf the Moblin lmao
Oro is a menace to society confirmed! lol
I knew triple attack would be pretty nice but I didn't think it'd be THIS nice. Ensnaring Strike is gonna be great as soon as Oro figures out the whole magic thing.

Oro is a menace to society confirmed! lol
I knew triple attack would be pretty nice but I didn't think it'd be THIS nice. Ensnaring Strike is gonna be great as soon as Oro figures out the whole magic thing.
If you edit your previous post with an acrobatics check I'll go ahead and edit the result in before the next round of posts. Good move, by the way.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon So, I feel this is a great time to talk about Attacks of Opportunity. This rule is taken into account when a Player Disengages with an Enemy they were previously "locked up" with. In combat, I'm sure you get what I'm saying. Now, some people treat this rule to be anytime you move out of melee range. Melee range being Five Feet. I think from a realistic perspective, a fight varies from far wider ranges strike-to-strike than a mere five foot block, and moving around the enemy like you just described is perfectly logical when attacking. So I don't think you should be penalized for something that makes sense.

Where I would trigger an Attack of Opportunity, is if you move more than fifteen feet in a deliberate attempt to get away. This means your enemy will get advantage on their next attack against you. Now, retreat can be strategic at times and if your movement is higher than your enemy it can pay off by way of hiding and attacking from stealth again or what have you. Just know that it is a risk. Another tactic at your disposal. This same rule applies to enemies trying to get away from you. This larger number of fifteen feet is so that your character can lead an enemy on should you have some strategy which requires you to do so. Without suffering overly from game mechanics.

**Openly glares at DnD Basic Rules**

Does that all make sense?

Wernburger Wernburger Sorry to make you the sounding board of the exposition, but you did pass that charisma check fair and square lol. Now at least we all have plenty to read while you all formulate your respective next-moves.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon So, I feel this is a great time to talk about Attacks of Opportunity. This rule is taken into account when a Player Disengages with an Enemy they were previously "locked up" with. In combat, I'm sure you get what I'm saying. Now, some people treat this rule to be anytime you move out of melee range. Melee range being Five Feet. I think from a realistic perspective, a fight varies from far wider ranges strike-to-strike than a mere five foot block, and moving around the enemy like you just described is perfectly logical when attacking. So I don't think you should be penalized for something that makes sense.

Where I would trigger an Attack of Opportunity, is if you move more than fifteen feet in a deliberate attempt to get away. This means your enemy will get advantage on their next attack against you. Now, retreat can be strategic at times and if your movement is higher than your enemy it can pay off by way of hiding and attacking from stealth again or what have you. Just know that it is a risk. Another tactic at your disposal. This same rule applies to enemies trying to get away from you. This larger number of fifteen feet is so that your character can lead an enemy on should you have some strategy which requires you to do so. Without suffering overly from game mechanics.

**Openly glares at DnD Basic Rules**

Does that all make sense?
Yeah I get it.. I think

Running away to run away means that enemies attack with advantage. But doing so could have it's strategic advantages

But you wont punish me for trying to gain a bit of distance in a fight

Is essentially what I'm gettin'

Yeah I get it.. I think

Running away to run away means that enemies attack with advantage. But doing so could have it's strategic advantages

But you wont punish me for trying to gain a bit of distance in a fight

Is essentially what I'm gettin'
When in doubt, just remember fifteen feet

Wernburger Wernburger Sorry to make you the sounding board of the exposition, but you did pass that charisma check fair and square lol. Now at least we all have plenty to read while you all formulate your respective next-moves.
Lol all good, what a great story chunk to dive into.

Quick side question, should Garvii expect payment at the end of his travel with Perkins or can I mark that down now?

Ayy
Completely unrelated extra thing, I decided to sketch out Dragon since I do that kinda thing
I also just wanted to share my art too since Stok and Lathos have already-

'Lil different from how I described him, but that is simply because I didn't like the way he looked when I could actually see 'em

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221003-010700_ibisPaint X.jpg
    Screenshot_20221003-010700_ibisPaint X.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 9
Lol all good, what a great story chunk to dive into.

Quick side question, should Garvii expect payment at the end of his travel with Perkins or can I mark that down now?
Thankyou for the compliment. I wasn't sure if you'd all be like "why tf should I care about this random NPC's family history," but then I thought it was a perfect way to frame how fragile the world around us is. Glad you liked it.

You can mark it down but he technically hasn't received it yet.

Edit: Wernburger Wernburger while you add that, please represent your rations and other items on your RPN character sheet when you get a second

Last edited:
Ayy
Completely unrelated extra thing, I decided to sketch out Dragon since I do that kinda thing
I also just wanted to share my art too since Stok and Lathos have already-

'Lil different from how I described him, but that is simply because I didn't like the way he looked when I could actually see 'em
Really good body work dude. I suck at that. I'm better at portraits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back