• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hyrule Hunters OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Wernburger Wernburger do me a favor and put down a charisma-oriented roll to go with garvii's last statement. Could be persuade, could be intimidate, however you think Garvii's tone is coming off

Edit: Just kidding, I didn't realize you edited your other turn to include intimidation. I'll just take the result of that roll for my next turn

Last edited:
Oh, awesome! I'll do just that next turn

I am very curious about Mr.Stalker theif man
Specifically on if he's gonna be friend or foe once he reveals himself 👁👁
I think this is a perfect time to talk about alignments! While technically it doesn't do anything to the mechanics of DnD, it's a convenient descriptive term that explains how your character might interact with others.

So given this alignment chart describing DMs, I am a Chaotic Good DM (maybe even chaotic neutral) . I would say that I'm probably also this in real life.

Attachments

• m4au9aiyr5m31.jpg
    m4au9aiyr5m31.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 5
I think this is a perfect time to talk about alignments! While technically it doesn't do anything to the mechanics of DnD, it's a convenient descriptive term that explains how your character might interact with others.

So given this alignment chart describing DMs, I am a Chaotic Good DM (maybe even chaotic neutral) . I would say that I'm probably also this in real life.
Now there are criticisms of the alignment chart, and they're valid ones. To say that it is a perfect set of terms that can describe all of the respective points of view any fleshed out character (or person) may have would be rediculous. Still, I think it's pretty good as a concise list.

I even like to extend it's concept by saying it's not impossible that a character would make a decision that goes against their alignment. It's that such an action would weigh on their conscience, and perhaps make them question their life's choices.

A Thief like Misko might never be Dragon's friend, OR foe. A good thief should be some form of neutral, ideally True Neutral, so that a pesky conscious or morals (of any sort) don't get in the way of his work!

So then Just_Dragon Just_Dragon given that info, what would you say Dragon's alignment is?

Now there are criticisms of the alignment chart, and they're valid ones. To say that it is a perfect set of terms that can describe all of the respective points of view any fleshed out character (or person) may have would be rediculous. Still, I think it's pretty good as a concise list.

I even like to extend it's concept by saying it's not impossible that a character would make a decision that goes against their alignment. It's that such an action would weigh on their conscience, and perhaps make them question their life's choices.

A Thief like Misko might never be Dragon's friend, OR foe. A good thief should be some form of neutral, ideally True Neutral, so that a pesky conscious or morals (of any sort) don't get in the way of his work!

So then Just_Dragon Just_Dragon given that info, what would you say Dragon's alignment is?
He has morals, he just wont let things like the law get in the way of doing something good. Even though breaking the law wouldn't be his first choice. So..

Neutral good? Chaotic? Not sure, one of the two

He has morals, he just wont let things like the law get in the way of doing something good. Even though breaking the law wouldn't be his first choice. So..

Neutral good? Chaotic? Not sure, one of the two
Sounds like neutral good, "the law exists for a reason, but it's not infallible,"

Sounds like neutral good, "the law exists for a reason, but it's not infallible,"
Boom bam, then that's my guy

Still excited to see how the encounter plays out!
Or if it does, never know, dice could give me a buncha nat 1s and next thing you know..
💀

Boom bam, then that's my guy

Still excited to see how the encounter plays out!
Or if it does, never know, dice could give me a buncha nat 1s and next thing you know..
💀
It is a bit ironic that most of Dragon's damage thus far is self inflicted

Stok Stok

Considering alignment,

I have Garvii down as CN. Does this track? His MO is valuing individualism and being self serving.
Makes sense, but I've perceived Garvii as a bit more caring than that. Pegged him as a protect the weak kind of guy, but maybe I'm projecting lol. You tell me?

Makes sense, but I've perceived Garvii as a bit more caring than that. Pegged him as a protect the weak kind of guy, but maybe I'm projecting lol. You tell me?
I guess we can wait to see with him! He's not had too much opportunity to flex a heroic muscle. Since he's been in isolation up till this point it probably makes sense to start CN and see where he goes from there.

He definitely enjoyed his encounter with Gregor and I think that was something of the beginning of a life changing experience but he likely wouldn't have opened up that way for someone else that he didn't identify with as much.

Yeah, pretty lame
Feel free to point and laugh at him next time he falls on his ass and takes damage
Don't worry my dude. Rolls are rolls and our other players will end up with some later that will make yours look like you got off easy. The higher level we go, the meaner I get with them lmao.

I once tried to juggle knives as a Bard for money and my DM had my character arrested lmao

Don't worry my dude. Rolls are rolls and our other players will end up with some later that will make yours look like you got off easy. The higher level we go, the meaner I get with them lmao.

I once tried to juggle knives as a Bard for money and my DM had my character arrested lmao
Oh boy, sounds terrifying

What'd you get arrested for though? Did the character drop a knife in someone's skull? Or did the town have a no fun rule?

In other news, I broke down and started a new BOTW playthrough thanks to this campaign. (I can't stress enough how excited I am to finally be starting it. I have a triforce tattoo on my chest. This campaign has been rattling around in my head for a while now)

I'm going to roleplay Gregor/Skultula Knight in this playthrough focusing mainly on defense and heavy weaponry items. (So let there be no doubt that he is my self-insert lol) Gonna try and not sneak, which was something I did a lot in my original playthrough. Since I'm roleplaying Gregor and not Link, my end goal is going to beat fighting Ganon WITHOUT accomplishing a single divine beast or collecting spells. Straight up NORMAL HYLIAN run. And on top of it all, I have the game set to master mode.

Let me tell you, I'm on the great plateau, and these Bokoblins are whooping my ass. Really makes me feel like I am in the world of this campaign, instead of The Hero. I'm going to even try and stay the path we're following in-campaign. I feel like it's really gonna inspire me.

Last edited:
Oh boy, sounds terrifying

What'd you get arrested for though? Did the character drop a knife in someone's skull? Or did the town have a no fun rule?
LOL the second one! Basically arrested for dangerous activity. I also may have thrown the knives at another player because noone was tipping me for my juggling lmao. But I intentionally aimed above their head!!! I swear officer

LOL the second one! Basically arrested for dangerous activity. I also may have thrown the knives at another player because noone was tipping me for my juggling lmao. But I intentionally aimed above their head!!! I swear officer
"Your honor, My client was simply playing a prank."

In other news, I broke down and started a new BOTW playthrough thanks to this campaign. (I can't stress enough how excited I am to finally be starting it. I have a triforce tattoo on my chest. This campaign has been rattling around in my head for a while now)

I'm going to roleplay Gregor/Skultula Knight in this playthrough focusing mainly on defense and heavy weaponry items. (So let there be no doubt that he is my self-insert lol) Gonna try and not sneak, which was something I did a lot in my original playthrough. Since I'm roleplaying Gregor and not Link, my end goal is going to beat fighting Ganon WITHOUT accomplishing a single divine beast or collecting spells. Straight up NORMAL HYLIAN run. And on top of it all, I have the game set to master mode.

Let me tell you, I'm on the great plateau, and these Bokoblins are whooping my ass. Really makes me feel like I am in the world of this campaign, instead of The Hero. I'm going to even try and stay the path we're following in-campaign. I feel like it's really gonna inspire me.
I have also started my third ever BOTW run through lol. This campaign has that effect on people. Went to Rito village first, shocker.

I have also started my third ever BOTW run through lol. This campaign has that effect on people. Went to Rito village first, shocker.
The context is so wonderfulllll. It's really gonna help with picking specific locations and the way I'm going to be able to Invision the fight scenes now. Exquisite :⁠^⁠):⁠^⁠):⁠^⁠)

Edit: by the way, if you're playing and happen to find an item/bit of lore that works with your character dynamic please share. Two heads are better than one in gathering material. That goes for everyone!

Last edited:
Lmao I thought it seemed a tad out of character for you to take this long, but hey the time limit is two days as I said. So no harm no foul.
Thankfully--

I hope I didn't break any rules with the limited actions thing, had a song on that really got me in the mood for writing a fight scene

Do let me know if I messed up-

Thankfully--

I hope I didn't break any rules with the limited actions thing, had a song on that really got me in the mood for writing a fight scene

Do let me know if I messed up-
I'm at work rn so take this with a grain of salt, but everything looks good at a glance with your numbers. Your health I think should be lower. I'll tally the exact damage when I go over it in more detail but I think you should be sitting at 19ish

I'm at work rn so take this with a grain of salt, but everything looks good at a glance with your numbers. Your health I think should be lower. I'll tally the exact damage when I go over it in more detail but I think you should be sitting at 19ish
Unless your max is actually 38 and not 28. Again at work so I can't check right this second

Users who are viewing this thread

Back