• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hyrule Hunters OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
In cases of skill checks, you will always be rolling a single D20. You will add the "+" number beside the corresponding skill, to the result of your flat roll. You will then report the final number to me in parenthesis at the end of your narration. So if my stealth is +3, and I roll a 15, I would report an 18

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon
Ooooh, okay! Awesome sauce

Thank you! I will remember that-

With haggling, it depends on how you want to go about it. You could intimidate, persuade, deceive, or barter something you do have. (There's also straight up theft!)

Indeed, indeed, what WB said.

Now Just_Dragon Just_Dragon the time has come. Please report the result of this perception roll at the top of your narration, and then any consecutive rolls you may want to make (such as climbing up onto the ledge) at the end of your narration. For the sake of clarity, a climbing attempt would use an Athletics roll.

Indeed, indeed, what WB said.

Now Just_Dragon Just_Dragon the time has come. Please report the result of this perception roll at the top of your narration, and then any consecutive rolls you may want to make (such as climbing up onto the ledge) at the end of your narration. For the sake of clarity, a climbing attempt would use an Athletics roll.
What's considered a failure? For doing things. Is it like.. 10 or below?
If I roll low, do I wait for you to tell me that I didn't do well in your post, or do I just do it myself?

I will always tell you the result of your rolls. Everything you write in character should be framed as an attempt, and I will describe the results of that attempt. The target number will always be unknown to you. At least at first. In terms of combat, that number you’re trying to meet will be your opponent’s AC. That number can be deduced through trial and error if you hit the target enough times successfully.

I will always tell you the result of your rolls. Everything you write in character should be framed as an attempt, and I will describe the results of that attempt. The target number will always be unknown to you. At least at first. In terms of combat, that number you’re trying to meet will be your opponent’s AC. That number can be deduced through trial and error if you hit the target enough times successfully.
OOOH
I'll have to re-write my thing then
Forgive me for not waiting, I wanted to get something out before I left the house and I didn't get a notif-

I will not re-roll, just delete some things
Edit, I just noticed the site had a dice roller, but that doesn't reflect my actual roll
I used google, and it gave me a nat 1, but the athletic bonus negated that, making it a 7.

Last edited:
Usually, a nat 1 will force a failure either way and represents really bad luck or something but that's up to the GM typically.

Stok Stok , are there any house rules for crit fails/successes?

Usually, a nat 1 will force a failure either way and represents really bad luck or something but that's up to the GM typically.

Oh, seriously?
Dang
That sure is unfortunate
If he says that I gotta edit the roll and make it a 1, I will indeed do so

Well boys, we got 'em. We finally have out third interested party. I think that the wait will be worth it, judging by the energy they just came into that DM with lmao. As soon as they send me a valid character sheet I will announce them to you.

Get this, though, Wernburger Wernburger they're thinking of a Deku Ranger. Deja Vu

Oh, seriously?
Dang
That sure is unfortunate
If he says that I gotta edit the roll and make it a 1, I will indeed do so
I dont know why this ended up as a quote but this is what I wrote in response \/\/\/\/\/
yes, please continue to report your natural 1s. They are indeed a fun, and functional, element of DnD. I like to get creative with how they may happen. It may not even be your character's express fault, as you'll see in my most recent post. In my eyes, natural 1s are that universal rule that you should never get too cocky. Shit can always go wrong by some unexpected detail.

No house rules per-say. I will try and use each one as more of a story device, rather than a way to fuck you over entirely. My rule will almost always be that you take damage in some way. Varying depending on how dire the current situation is.

On a success you will automatically get whatever the best case scenario is in whatever given persuasion or story moment. In combat, a critical hit will be either max damage, or double damage dice. So if youre swinging for 1d8 you can automatically do 8 damage, or roll 2d8. Player's choice.

Well boys, we got 'em. We finally have out third interested party. I think that the wait will be worth it, judging by the energy they just came into that DM with lmao. As soon as they send me a valid character sheet I will announce them to you.

Get this, though, Wernburger Wernburger they're thinking of a Deku Ranger. Deja Vu
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I dont know why this ended up as a quote but this is what I wrote in response \/\/\/\/\/
No house rules per-say. I will try and use each one as more of a story device, rather than a way to fuck you over entirely. My rule will almost always be that you take damage in some way. Varying depending on how dire the current situation is.

On a success you will automatically get whatever the best case scenario is in whatever given persuasion or story moment. In combat, a critical hit will be either max damage, or double damage dice. So if youre swinging for 1d8 you can automatically do 8 damage, or roll 2d8. Player's choice.
I'll be editing the message 'n stuff though. The more you know
I'll make sure to keep nat 1s as.. well, nat 1s-

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'll be editing the message 'n stuff though. The more you know
I'll make sure to keep nat 1s as.. well, nat 1s-
I have to say my friend, the dice god have been quite harsh on you to make your second ever roll a natural 1. Tis an ill omen for Dragon to be sure. lol

I have to say my friend, the dice god have been quite harsh on you to make your second ever roll a natural 1. Tis an ill omen for Dragon to be sure. lol
Story of my life

His life now, maybe lacktherof in the future

Which brings up the question, when hp reaches zero, do we die or get knocked out?

Story of my life

His life now, maybe lacktherof in the future

Which brings up the question, when hp reaches zero, do we die or get knocked out?
I have to say, I'm not a fan of perma-death as a rule. In most cases if you go down there will be some sort of plot-armor that gets you out of it. I like to think that MOST of the time that will actually be your party-members saving you. Dragging you to safety, that sort of thing. I strive to make my encounters fair so that, if you reach 0, its because of a misstep or two in combat and not just because I got too big and bad with my bad-guys. That way we all have fun strategizing. In short, you should just be knocked out in most cases.

Now, that's barring that you don't just outright jump into a pool of lava or stick your head into a cauldron full of poison. Player agency still exists and if you're being chased by the largest hoard of monsters anyone in Hyrule has ever seen, and your level five ass chooses to stand and fight alone instead of hiding, you might just get torn to shreds. In some cases, even plot armor won't save you from throwing your life away. Make sense?

Also, on a different note, you are completely welcome to re-attempt anything which makes sense. The wall isn't going anywhere, y'know? Not saying you have to rewrite that last post, only saying there's no explicit rule or law of physics which keeps you from trying to climb the wall once you failed once. This also applies to pretty much everything except charisma checks. Once an NPC has told you no, that's a no that can't be undone usually. Usually. I'm perhaps the most flexible DM I know lol Just_Dragon Just_Dragon

I have to say, I'm not a fan of perma-death as a rule. In most cases if you go down there will be some sort of plot-armor that gets you out of it. I like to think that MOST of the time that will actually be your party-members saving you. Dragging you to safety, that sort of thing. I strive to make my encounters fair so that, if you reach 0, its because of a misstep or two in combat and not just because I got too big and bad with my bad-guys. That way we all have fun strategizing. In short, you should just be knocked out in most cases.

Now, that's barring that you don't just outright jump into a pool of lava or stick your head into a cauldron full of poison. Player agency still exists and if you're being chased by the largest hoard of monsters anyone in Hyrule has ever seen, and your level five ass chooses to stand and fight alone instead of hiding, you might just get torn to shreds. In some cases, even plot armor won't save you from throwing your life away. Make sense?
Oh yeah that makes sense

I just know myself, I would've gotten pissed off if I rolled low and my character died by slipping on wet grass, and I don't want that
So 😎👌🏿
All good cheif

Also, on a different note, you are completely welcome to re-attempt anything which makes sense. The wall isn't going anywhere, y'know? Not saying you have to rewrite that last post, only saying there's no explicit rule or law of physics which keeps you from trying to climb the wall once you failed once. This also applies to pretty much everything except charisma checks. Once an NPC has told you no, that's a no that can't be undone usually. Usually. I'm perhaps the most flexible DM I know lol Just_Dragon Just_Dragon
I will indeed keep this in mind, and I probably will be doing it a lot
But not with that wall specifically
Dice gods have already shown how they feel about me climbing that wall-

Oh yeah that makes sense

I just know myself, I would've gotten pissed off if I rolled low and my character died by slipping on wet grass, and I don't want that
So 😎👌🏿
All good cheif
lmao as would I. That being said, I've tossed around the idea of doing a completely classic style dungeon crawler with perma-death turned on for the lolz. All joke characters, everyone prepares multiple ahead of time. I was thinking the setting would be an endless inter-dimensional mcdonalds filled with all manner of NPCs from every genre. Eldritch horrors, power rangers, dragons, Predator specifically from the first AVP movie with the plasma caster. I could go on.

Haha wow awesome!

Now would Deku be the same or related to the Korok in this version?

Haha wow awesome!

Now would Deku be the same or related to the Korok in this version?
Related to, as in the two races have lived together in the great Hyrule forest since any of their stories can remember. They would be two separate races, however, just in case I want to play with korok magic later on

Btw Wernburger Wernburger I meant to give you stats on those bandages.

Bandages: 1d10+con mod

So since you fully restored your hp with that short rest you don't need to use one of the two items as they are. We can keep the description of Garvii using them in character for flavor, without using the technical items in your inventory.

If you wouldn't mind tracking your rations yourself from now on, I'd appreciate it. I thought I'd be fine to track them but with writing replies it's just one extra step for me, y'know? So after your last turn you have x4 rations, and x2 bandages total.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon the same goes for you. Please add x3 rations to your character sheet.

Btw Wernburger Wernburger I meant to give you stats on those bandages.

Bandages: 1d10+con mod

So since you fully restored your hp with that short rest you don't need to use one of the two items as they are. We can keep the description of Garvii using them in character for flavor, without using the technical items in your inventory.

If you wouldn't mind tracking your rations yourself from now on, I'd appreciate it. I thought I'd be fine to track them but with writing replies it's just one extra step for me, y'know? So after your last turn you have x4 rations, and x2 bandages total.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon the same goes for you. Please add x3 rations to your character sheet.
Done!

Hey Stok Stok , do I have to do a stealth roll for Dragon trying to use the boulders as cover for his advancement?

Hey hi everyone! Name's Lathos or Alex or Val or Grand Lord Pooba of the 6th Dimension, Iron Fist of the Enlightened Necroregions, and Arbiter of the Leffenian Callings. Take your pick!

Pronouns are He/Him, They/Them, and She/Her. Using one or all is completely fine!

I'll be playing the wonderful young malice filled threat to reality Deku Scrub ranger, Oro!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back