• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hyrule Hunters OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here

Stok

The Mercenary
Here is where we will be having discussions based on mechanics, lore, and general day to day life. Don't be afraid to go on tangents. I love talking shop about anime as much as the next guy lol. Also, here is the place to ask all those "Is the enemy in range of my longbow" or "Is there enough room for me to slip through the bars" questions. Dice rolls will go into our main roleplay thread, questions about them will go here.

If anyone is interested in sharing their pronouns, please do. It's hard to tell from behind a computer screen, mine are He/Him

Hey, It's me, Dragon!
My cookie crazy pronouns are he/him by the way-

Uh
Hopefully we all have fun with this!

Hey, It's me, Dragon!
My cookie crazy pronouns are he/him by the way-

Uh
Hopefully we all have fun with this!
I for one am very excited my man. It's good to have you. I'm typing up the first post now. Right now I'm running with the idea that Dragon has been in the wilderness for months hunting and fighting bokoblins, and i'm heavily implying that he has just recently leveled up to level 5. Where he could have been at his first destination, a stable, in two weeks, he was more interested in detouring to train as much as possible. Sound true enough to character for you?

I for one am very excited my man. It's good to have you. I'm typing up the first post now. Right now I'm running with the idea that Dragon has been in the wilderness for months hunting and fighting bokoblins, and i'm heavily implying that he has just recently leveled up to level 5. Where he could have been at his first destination, a stable, in two weeks, he was more interested in detouring to train as much as possible. Sound true enough to character for you?
Hell yeah it does
Infact, that is very literally exactly how I would've introduced him and what he's been doing before the rp started if I were doing it myself. So stellar job on your part!

so for this intro post there will only be writing as you're used to. Just do whatever you would normally do in character. When I require dice rolls, I will tell you specifically what dice I need you to report and what modifiers to add to them especially for the first few encounters. You can use google to roll your dice for you by typing something like "Roll a D20" and hitting enter.

It's extra useful at higher levels, for typing something like "Roll 6D6" and it will do that for you as well. I myself will be using physical dice, and I trust you to report the results of your rolls honestly so I wont be needing screenshots of the results. All in all, it should be a pain free process in the beginning as I will be tracking your stats along with you while you learn.

I hope Wernburger Wernburger won't mind helping me on that front. This will be Just_Dragon's very first DnD experience ever.

Hell yeah it does
Infact, that is very literally exactly how I would've introduced him and what he's been doing before the rp started if I were doing it myself. So stellar job on your part!
One more thing as we get started here that I missed. Now that your Dexterity has a modifier of +3, your shortswords should read as 1d6+3. At a low level like this, that extra point will actually be quite useful believe it or not lol

One more thing as we get started here that I missed. Now that your Dexterity has a modifier of +3, your shortswords should read as 1d6+3. At a low level like this, that extra point will actually be quite useful believe it or not lol
Oh awesome! I'll edit it and change it to that then!

I'm sure that it'll be mondo helpful, every little bit counts, I'm sure

Oh awesome! I'll edit it and change it to that then!

I'm sure that it'll be mondo helpful, every little bit counts, I'm sure
Another thing, and this is just my personal preference, avoid any references to videogame mechanics, anime lore, or item systems. So neither the narration, nor the characters, should know who Usopp is or what the "old shirt" item looks like in game. You can simply say "A tattered white shirt" or use whatever adjectives youd like and we'll try our best to envision them. If you would prefer to use a face claim and item references images and attack them to posts, I would even prefer that over the breakage in narration. I just like it to read from the perspective of the in-game universe as much as possible, to add to the feel, ya feel me?

Another thing, and this is just my personal preference, avoid any references to videogame mechanics, anime lore, or item systems. So neither the narration, nor the characters, should know who Usopp is or what the "old shirt" item looks like in game. You can simply say "A tattered white shirt" or use whatever adjectives youd like and we'll try our best to envision them. If you would prefer to use a face claim and item references images and attack them to posts, I would even prefer that over the breakage in narration. I just like it to read from the perspective of the in-game universe as much as possible, to add to the feel, ya feel me?
Yeah I've gotcha, I'll avoid using refernces to other mediums outside of roleplay-

I'm just a little used to having to do so, y'know?

I understand. I can assure you you're more than descriptive enough to be understood. I can picture Dragon perfectly, in my opinion. Now conversely, if you just want to hop into the OOC chat and say "His hair looks like Usopps after the timeskip!" that is more than acceptable.

Hey, just thought I'd post in here and get introduced along with the current threads.

My pronouns are he/him also.

Dragon, I'm happy to help out with any DnD mechanics if needed/wanted. I'm still using a character sheet I spun on the DnD Beyond site which I find easy to use to track things and roll dice virtually (personal preference). I experimented with a Hylian homebrew race based on the Half-Elf race which seemed to be appropriate. Half-Elves have some interesting magic lineage qualities that may or may not work with the Hylians in BOTW Hyrule.

Either way, happy to be here and looking forward to getting started.

Stok, is the Gannon malice something everyone at this time knows of in some form or are these monsters oozing it some kind of new development?

Stok, is the Gannon malice something everyone at this time knows of in some form or are these monsters oozing it some kind of new development?
It would be well known that Monster Blood and Malice are the same thing. Why Malice collects in large pools and is toxic to the touch, THAT is the mystery.

Edit: good question

Hey, just thought I'd post in here and get introduced along with the current threads.

Dragon, I'm happy to help out with any DnD mechanics if needed/wanted. I'm still using a character sheet I spun on the DnD Beyond site which I find easy to use to track things and roll dice virtually (personal preference). I experimented with a Hylian homebrew race based on the Half-Elf race which seemed to be appropriate. Half-Elves have some interesting magic lineage qualities that may or may not work with the Hylians in BOTW Hyrule.

THAT REMINDS ME!!!

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon Your Hylian Lineage comes with something interesting! Known within DnD mechanics as a racial bonus.

Once Per Day, your Hylian Blood allows you to cast Detect Magic once per day. The spell's description is as follows. Please add it to your written character sheet on RPN. This is what's known as "homebrew" where I give you something extra that straight DND wouldn't allow.

Detect Magic
  • Casting Time: 1 action
  • Range: Self
  • Target: Self
  • Components: V S
  • Duration: Up to 10 minutes
  • Classes: Bard, Cleric, Druid, Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer, Wizard
  • For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.
    The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.

I understand. I can assure you you're more than descriptive enough to be understood. I can picture Dragon perfectly, in my opinion. Now conversely, if you just want to hop into the OOC chat and say "His hair looks like Usopps after the timeskip!" that is more than acceptable.
Oh alright! I'll definitely keep the refernces in OOC then!
Also thanks for that, I do try to keep things nice and descriptive

Thanks man! I'm excited to write with you! And I will definitely be counting on you and Stok for the stuff I dunno about-

THAT REMINDS ME!!!

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon Your Hylian Lineage comes with something interesting! Known within DnD mechanics as a racial bonus.

Once Per Day, your Hylian Blood allows you to cast Detect Magic once per day. The spell's description is as follows. Please add it to your written character sheet on RPN. This is what's known as "homebrew" where I give you something extra that straight DND wouldn't allow.

Detect Magic
  • Casting Time: 1 action
  • Range: Self
  • Target: Self
  • Components: V S
  • Duration: Up to 10 minutes
  • Classes: Bard, Cleric, Druid, Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer, Wizard
  • For the duration, you sense the presence of magic within 30 feet of you. If you sense magic in this way, you can use your action to see a faint aura around any visible creature or object in the area that bears magic, and you learn its school of magic, if any.
    The spell can penetrate most barriers, but it is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.
Oh! Alright! I'll copy and paste that on the character sheet, I'm sure that it'll come in handy.

Wernburger Wernburger I'd say realistically Garvii could probably take three of the Soldier's Longswords on his person to sell, as well as the Lizalfos Boomerang to keep if you so desired. Or four weapons to sell. Up to you! There are also two Soldier's Bows, but I'd need an intelligence check if garvii wanted to guess as to which items were worth the most!

Lizalfos Boomerang: 1d8+Dex, Thrown, Return
With the Return Property, the Boomerang with return to the user as long as it's flight path is not interrupted.

Let me know if you want the stats on anything else.

Wernburger Wernburger I'd say realistically Garvii could probably take three of the Soldier's Longswords on his person to sell, as well as the Lizalfos Boomerang to keep if you so desired. Or four weapons to sell. Up to you! There are also two Soldier's Bows, but I'd need an intelligence check if garvii wanted to guess as to which items were worth the most!

Lizalfos Boomerang: 1d8+Dex, Thrown, Return
With the Return Property, the Boomerang with return to the user as long as it's flight path is not interrupted.

Let me know if you want the stats on anything else.
Well I rolled pretty low. Garvii isn't the most intellectual birdbrain.
He'll go ahead and keep the boomerang and take the swords to sell like you suggest. Posting now.

Stok Stok

How many Rupees does Dragon have to start with? Or if I have to decide for myself, what should the range be for what he starts with?

Stok Stok

How many Rupees does Dragon have to start with? Or if I have to decide for myself, what should the range be for what he starts with?
You just spent your last buck on the bed last night

Edit: Flat broke. In terms of items, you have your equipment and three rations (something like three venison steaks probably) Maybe some rope in your backpack, a torch, other adventuring gear that makes sense. I'm pretty flexible, but don't push it. It isnt a magic backpack lol.

Edit: Flat broke. In terms of items, you have your equipment and three rations (something like three venison steaks probably) Maybe some rope in your backpack, a torch, other adventuring gear that makes sense. I'm pretty flexible, but don't push it. It isnt a magic backpack lol.
Haha, I gotcha

I will, infact, keep in mind thag I don't own an infinity bag. Or a magic hat. Not gonna pull a minigun out of it anytime, trust and believe

Haha, I gotcha

I will, infact, keep in mind thag I don't own an infinity bag. Or a magic hat. Not gonna pull a minigun out of it anytime, trust and believe
So, with that last post you have a few gameplay options. Using your persuasion you could roll to talk the old man down in price. Using insight you could see if he's hiding any additional information from you. I'm not saying either of these really DOES have an effect, I'm just saying these are your options for gameplay. You won't know until you roll!!!

So, with that last post you have a few gameplay options. Using your persuasion you could roll to talk the old man down in price. Using insight you could see if he's hiding any additional information from you. I'm not saying either of these really DOES have an effect, I'm just saying these are your options for gameplay. You won't know until you roll!!!
Oh ok! Dunno if I could haggle it down to free soo on the off chance that I wanted to-
and I don't plan on it

What kinda dice would I roll?

In cases of skill checks, you will always be rolling a single D20. You will add the "+" number beside the corresponding skill, to the result of your flat roll. You will then report the final number to me in parenthesis at the end of your narration. So if my stealth is +3, and I roll a 15, I would report an 18

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back