• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hyrule Hunters OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I
I think I got the gist on what had happened with Rola and Dragon, so no issues on my end!

(also just so I know in terms of spell slots, did Rola use silvery barbs? If so, that would mean that Dragon would have advantage on that dex save.)
No she did not! Your attacks all hit

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon are you aware you're using ki points everytime you are igniting your weapons? Just want to make absolutely sure you know how your new abilities work.

In addition, I just realized something. If you used your ki point this round to use your "deflect missile" ability, you could throw the bomb back at Misko. Negating the need for the save entirely. And THEN your weapons would ignite as a result of spending the ki points anyways.

I've designed the flames to make the turns you use your ki points pack an even greater punch, rather than being an every-turn use sort of thing. Not saying you CANT do that, just that maximizing the efficiency of your turns will be the key to success in challenging fights

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon are you aware you're using ki points everytime you are igniting your weapons? Just want to make absolutely sure you know how your new abilities work.

In addition, I just realized something. If you used your ki point this round to use your "deflect missile" ability, you could throw the bomb back at Misko. Negating the need for the save entirely. And THEN your weapons would ignite as a result of spending the ki points anyways.

I've designed the flames to make the turns you use your ki points pack an even greater punch, rather than being an every-turn use sort of thing.
Holy crap no I didn't know that, whoopsie daisy might be out of ki points now, I'll figure that out-
Might have to redo the turn, too-
I figured that I'd need to pass on the save in order to use the deflect missile move anywho, The plan was to throw it back if I passed

Allow me to make some funky fresh corrections real fast

Holy crap no I didn't know that, whoopsie daisy might be out of ki points now, I'll figure that out-
Might have to redo the turn, too-
I figured that I'd need to pass on the save in order to use the deflect missile move anywho, The plan was to throw it back if I passed

Allow me to make some funky fresh corrections real fast
So the way your new power works, is;

Weapons ignite as a result of activating a ki points. That includes when spending a ki points on a different ability.

Your unarmed strikes will ALWAYS deal the magic damage no matter what.

Edit: I'll give you back the ki points you just spent the last two turns, but henceforth you will spend them when using blue flames on weaponry. Capish?

So the way your new power works, is;

Weapons ignite as a result of activating a ki points. That includes when spending a ki points on a different ability.

Your unarmed strikes will ALWAYS deal the magic damage no matter what.

Edit: I'll give you back the ki points you just spent the last two turns, but henceforth you will spend them when using blue flames on weaponry. Capish?
Capish
Comprende
Understood
The information has been retained

Also thank you

Alright, I believe it's all fixed up! I ended up using deflect missile too 😎
For the record, Dragon catching the bomb instead of the boomerang on accident was hilarious and I almost wish I hadn't said anything for the sake of the scene lmao but I want you to do cool shit as well because I know that can be more fun most of the time. Also this was an important lesson in DnD strategy

For the record, Dragon catching the bomb instead of the boomerang on accident was hilarious and I almost wish I hadn't said anything for the sake of the scene lmao but I want you to do cool shit as well because I know that can be more fun most of the time. Also this was an important lesson in DnD strategy
For the extra record, I'm glad that the scene was funny because it's exactly what I was gunning for

Of course, I appreciate you helping me avoid getting blown up in the face.

For the extra record, I'm glad that the scene was funny because it's exactly what I was gunning for

Of course, I appreciate you helping me avoid getting blown up in the face.
I'm sorry if this is getting exhausting with all the edits for you, but you can still throw your weapon and catch the boomerang. Catching the boomerang is a Free action, and throwing your weapon is the Main Action. The Ki Point/missile throw was your Bonus action. Chuck that 'rang again if you want

And a shortsword along with it because you can attack twice. And don't forget to mention that you keep running or you'll quickly lose some ground.

I'm sorry if this is getting exhausting with all the edits for you, but you can still throw your weapon and catch the boomerang. Catching the boomerang is a Free action, and throwing your weapon is the Main Action. The Ki Point/missile throw was your Bonus action. Chuck that 'rang again if you want

And a shortsword along with it because you can attack twice. And don't forget to mention that you keep running or you'll quickly lose some ground.
Nanah, it's cool.
I don't remember what I initially rolled for the initial shortsword toss, just that I didn't roll high. Should I re-roll or just pick a number under 10?

Good morning y'all. Exciting news unrelated to the campaign. I'll be getting paid to DM a one-shot this afternoon at the Barnes and Noble where I work. I can't tell you the plot, because I'm using it as a chance to test run some stuff for THIS campaign. But wish me good luck! Pro DM Stok at your service!

Good morning y'all. Exciting news unrelated to the campaign. I'll be getting paid to DM a one-shot this afternoon at the Barnes and Noble where I work. I can't tell you the plot, because I'm using it as a chance to test run some stuff for THIS campaign. But wish me good luck! Pro DM Stok at your service!
That's awesome! Congrats!

You have my lucky wishes, but I already know you're gonna do amazing 😎👌🏿

We always knew you had it in you!

In all seriousness, good luck and congrats, that does rule.

GOOD LUCK!
Oro will be passing off all heroic actions on to their friends, but if you've got someone that needs healing they're happy to help!

GOOD LUCK!
Oro will be passing off all heroic actions on to their friends, but if you've got someone that needs healing they're happy to help!
Ohhhhhh I must have misinterpreted your intention with that last post. I assumed it was Oro having low self-esteem being a character flaw you wanted to work through in the future. But you more literally meant that Oro has no desire to be a hero?

Ohhhhhh I must have misinterpreted your intention with that last post. I assumed it was Oro having low self-esteem being a character flaw you wanted to work through in the future. But you more literally meant that Oro has no desire to be a hero?
Mix of both I’d say. They definitely don’t think highly of themselves and sure as hell would never think they could be anything like a hero. They’re not great at magic, their first experience out of the forest barely damaging a monster while coughing spells left and right, and they had to run away in this first battle. This is all compounded by what they’ve known their whole life. The sprites of the forest are story starters and helpers to heroes. In their mind not only would they be bad at it, it’s impossible for them to be a hero. That’s all without them fully understanding the whole Malice thing.

So it is a flaw that I’ll have em overcome! I just know Oro will be resistant for a little while. Especially with some new very strong and heroic figures entering the fray.

Mix of both I’d say. They definitely don’t think highly of themselves and sure as hell would never think they could be anything like a hero. They’re not great at magic, their first experience out of the forest barely damaging a monster while coughing spells left and right, and they had to run away in this first battle. This is all compounded by what they’ve known their whole life. The sprites of the forest are story starters and helpers to heroes. In their mind not only would they be bad at it, it’s impossible for them to be a hero. That’s all without them fully understanding the whole Malice thing.

So it is a flaw that I’ll have em overcome! I just know Oro will be resistant for a little while. Especially with some new very strong and heroic figures entering the fray.
Okay, cool, so I didn't misread. The last thing I'd want to do would be leading your character down an arc they don't want to go down. BUT since it is the case that Oro is able to grow into the roll I'll be sure to give opportunities. Might go the opposite direction first with an arc where Oro thinks theyre a monster for a while after learning the true nature of their Malice. Just to really hammer it home when they come back around to self-fulfillment. Whaddya think about that idea?

Hey folks! Just letting ya know that I won't have a post today due to me having a fever, I'll prolly be back to 100% in a day or two.

Hey folks! Just letting ya know that I won't have a post today due to me having a fever, I'll prolly be back to 100% in a day or two.
Thankyou for the heads up. If you're willing, we could wrap up this scene we're currently in more manually and then by the time you're ready to play again we can jump right into the whole party meeting up. That would result in our fairy friend being auto-kidnapped. There is a small chance of you getting her back before Misko gets away in this scene with some smart actions and good rolls, so I don't want to take that chance away from you if you want to take it! But either way, my plan is for you and Just_Dragon Just_Dragon to head north together under the pretense of taking revenge on Misko, whether he succeeds in his fairy-napping or not. Totally up to you at this point how you'd like to proceed.

Thankyou for the heads up. If you're willing, we could wrap up this scene we're currently in more manually and then by the time you're ready to play again we can jump right into the whole party meeting up. That would result in our fairy friend being auto-kidnapped. There is a small chance of you getting her back before Misko gets away in this scene with some smart actions and good rolls, so I don't want to take that chance away from you if you want to take it! But either way, my plan is for you and Just_Dragon Just_Dragon to head north together under the pretense of taking revenge on Misko, whether he succeeds in his fairy-napping or not. Totally up to you at this point how you'd like to proceed.
Yeah I actually had a genius plan on what Rola was gonna do on her turn I'm slowly but surely getting the post ready whilst in bed resting. You'll more than likely see a post from me tomorrow!

Yeah I actually had a genius plan on what Rola was gonna do on her turn I'm slowly but surely getting the post ready whilst in bed resting. You'll more than likely see a post from me tomorrow!
No rush, no rush, can't wait to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back