• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Hyrule Hunters (Closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Garvii, Dragon, and Saife: Royal Guard Training Camp, in Position

The afternoon had gone by swiftly as the new trio worked. Together, the were able to create a wide perimeter around the camp with their traps. Just far enough into the woods so that their work was not noticed, but not so far that they could not properly lead their prey. Garvii dug five pits, while Saife and dragon each dug two. Spikes traps just right for three or four Bokoblins if they got lucky enough. Now all that was left, was to decide who would be the bait. Then once they clashed with the main group, they should scatter enough to be caught and picked off. That was the heroes' hope anyways!

They were doing well to mask their presence, amongst a tight bushel of trees. They were having a meeting to discuss the aforementioned planning. By Saife's scouting, there was one hunting party of maybe five or six out of the main herd. An inconvenience, to be sure, but nothing they couldn't handle if they came back. So everything could continue as planned.

The horde of monsters were the same as Saife and Garvii remembered, though this had been the first time Dragon spied it while they were out. They passed by it briefly for his benefit before retreating back into the woods to build traps. He had never seen a Moblin before that moment, and the though of such a large foe was the next best thing to fighting Wyvern right now. One imagines he whistled while he worked, given the thought.

Wernburger Wernburger Just_Dragon Just_Dragon JayGreen JayGreen

"Once I get to fightin', I'll not be able to stop myself. Subtlety isn't my strong suit once I get goin. I'll be the bait."

Garvii held for a brief pause.

"Saife, you've proven yourself a capable hunter so I trust you'll be ready for what's needed. Warrior Dragon, what can we expect from you?

The afternoon had gone by swiftly as the new trio worked. Together, the were able to create a wide perimeter around the camp with their traps. Just far enough into the woods so that their work was not noticed, but not so far that they could not properly lead their prey. Garvii dug five pits, while Saife and dragon each dug two. Spikes traps just right for three or four Bokoblins if they got lucky enough. Now all that was left, was to decide who would be the bait. Then once they clashed with the main group, they should scatter enough to be caught and picked off. That was the heroes' hope anyways!

They were doing well to mask their presence, amongst a tight bushel of trees. They were having a meeting to discuss the aforementioned planning. By Saife's scouting, there was one hunting party of maybe five or six out of the main herd. An inconvenience, to be sure, but nothing they couldn't handle if they came back. So everything could continue as planned.

The horde of monsters were the same as Saife and Garvii remembered, though this had been the first time Dragon spied it while they were out. They passed by it briefly for his benefit before retreating back into the woods to build traps. He had never seen a Moblin before that moment, and the though of such a large foe was the next best thing to fighting Wyvern right now. One imagines he whistled while he worked, given the thought.
As Dragon gazed upon the horde of foes that were sitting around in that camp, he very quickly became glad that he went along with this plan instead of trying to do things on his own. Although there time there was short, Dragon spent a lot of time looking at that Moblin. It was his first time seeing one, ever, and naturally he got a bit excited. Perhaps this'll be his chance to see how he can fair agsinst a hulking beast? It's no Lionel, that's for sure, but if he can't beat that thing? He definitely can't go after Wyvern anytime soon.

Once they retreated further away from the camp, Dragon did indeed whistle while he worked. Though his thoughts were more focused on trying to picture how a battle between he and that Moblin may play out. It was nice to think about, but his little mini movie was cut short when Garvii spoke to 'em.

"Well, since you wanna be the bait, I can try sneaking up on the big guy and take 'em on when things start to ramp up! At most, I'll kill 'em while the others are being distracted. At the very least, I'll keep 'em at bay until you guys are done doing your thing, and we can finish 'em off together!"

He's just focused on gauging how well he can handle things in a faceoff against a Moblin. If things go well, great! But if it proves to be more of a struggle like his last big bokoblin camp experience.. well, his personal plans will just have to be delayed.​

Saife looked over the Hylian. Well built, unarmored, very confident. Hopefully the confidence is backed up by something. Saife decided to trust him for now. If things got dire, she could hide his presence.

"Thank you, Garvii. I fight at range, I'll try to support you. Dragon, make sure to use a sharp weapon"

She noded to herself and checked her arrows. She didn't usually fight with people she didn't know. There needed to be trust. They didn't have it yet. She looked over two men who went along with her plan. They were putting themselves in greater danger than she did. She felt a prick of guilt.

"If you need help... I am a novice healer. Please tell me if you're too hurt," - she said a little hesitantly.

Nephilim: Woodland Stable

Nephilim had sauntered around town, asking for work from everyone he passed. They all disclosed that they had no work to spare, all except the young redheaded girl cleaning the stalls.

"I'll tell ya what, Nephillim. I don't feel like finishing my work today, so you're in luck! You finish cleaning these last three stalks and I'll give you my last hour's pay. That's five rupees, deal?" She said in a jolly manner. She was pretty, and looked a lot like the middle aged woman whom had checked him in upon arrival, "The name's Aris, by the way!"

Aris had motioned to the stalls, which were in fact horse stalls. With fresh, hot, steaming piles of horse manure. She happily shoved a pitch fork towards Nephillim, and hopped up onto a barrel to sit and oversee his new duties.

chargingdenki chargingdenki
Sadly there wasn’t much work in the town. Very little for him to do. Which was far from ideal but expected. He’d simply move through quickly and find better work. Or work in general… Anything that payed and kept him on the road was enough for him. He didn’t have an issue staying in one place it just wasn’t ideal. People would get to know him, try reaching out. He didn’t like that part of things

Eventually amongst his search through the town he was able to find a stable, normally a good place to find work. Upon further inquiry he found he was able to muck stables for 5 rupees. Only a quarter of what he needed for a nightly room… He needed to find more work. And if he showed diligence then others would want him to do work for them too. So this was a good start

The women seemed nice enough but he wasn’t one for being talkative. He simply nodded silently and accepted his task, taking the pitch fork from her and starting to clean the stalls. He wasn’t pleased with the fact she was watching him, it put him on edge, but he could work through it. It wasn’t that much of a distraction. Just an annoyance. One he could work through

Garvii: Approaching the front of the camp

Garvii was within shooting distance of the Bokoblin guards now. A light ring of only five bored-looking red ones wielding only clubs. They were posted at various openings in the debris which formed the camp's wall. Garvii had noticed the blue bokoblins were better prepared, with travelers swords. It was comical they weren't even smart enough to give their best weapons to their guards. Then again, they were only the fodder. Perhaps it was cunning not to give the pawns the best weapons, after all.

There was just enough cover for Garvii to observe anything he needed and stay hidden. Any closer and he would have to begin chancing discovery. Of course, there was always the caution-to the-wind-approach of a frontal charge. Befitting the berserker.

Wernburger Wernburger
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon: Around the left side

Dragon had made it a bit closer due to his more sleight frame. From where he was, closer to the cliff as well, he could see the Moblin taking an afternoon nap on it's throne. Throne being a kind word, for the pile of rubble and boards sticking out of the dirt. Dragon could only make it's body out partially through the gaps in the camp's "defenses," but it seemed there were a couple blue bokos following his lead on the ground nearby.

Within fifty feet, Dragon was just at the cusp of where his natural abilities could get him. Any closer and he would have to start paying very close attention to his actions. Now all he had to do was wait on his distraction.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Saife: In position right at the traps

Saife waited in her blind as any good hunter would. Arrows sharp and ready, bowstring clean and tightened. She could just see Garvii as he was disappearing into the trees. It looked as though he could see the camp, and was waiting for his moment. Perhaps collecting himself. Either way, it would only take a moment once he was being chased for the Bokoblins to come into range. The trees weren't dense enough to effect her aim, she was sure. The anticipation of the hunt was palpable, to be sure.

JayGreen JayGreen
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nephillim: Scooping Shit

Aris sort of raised an eyebrow after Nephillim didn't introduce himself back, or pay much mind to his directions. She wasn't offended, per-say. She was used to gruff types passing through, not to mention her father. Even so, after her interaction with Garvii and Saife she was hoping all the visitors today would continue to be interesting. It seemed her luck had run out. It was just then that her aforementioned gruff father came around the side of the stable. He looked at her, and then Nephillim doing her duties for her.

"Aris! How dare you allow a guest to do your work!" He sternly raised his voice at her. She seemed to pay him little mind and stayed on her barrel, kicking her feet.

"Hush Papa! You're payin' me and I'm payin him! What's the difference?!" She snapped back. Pa didn't seem to be able to explain the difference, so he huffed not unlike a horse and turned on his heels.

( chargingdenki chargingdenki Roll perception)

Garvii: Approaching the front of the camp

Garvii was within shooting distance of the Bokoblin guards now. A light ring of only five bored-looking red ones wielding only clubs. They were posted at various openings in the debris which formed the camp's wall. Garvii had noticed the blue bokoblins were better prepared, with travelers swords. It was comical they weren't even smart enough to give their best weapons to their guards. Then again, they were only the fodder. Perhaps it was cunning not to give the pawns the best weapons, after all.

There was just enough cover for Garvii to observe anything he needed and stay hidden. Any closer and he would have to begin chancing discovery. Of course, there was always the caution-to the-wind-approach of a frontal charge. Befitting the berserker.

Garvii paused and breathed in deep. He held the breath and let the breeze flow over the tuft of his feathered brow. He let his rage build slowly but steadily. Here he was, faced with a group of his foes. The enemy he knew and the enemy he loathed.

He held the breath still. He was the bait. He needed to be discovered and draw attention but what was his opening gambit. Should he rush them? He sure wanted to. Then ... the rumble began and the color red flashed before his eyes.

"End them..." it whispered to him.

"I will", he said in return.

"Rip them to shreds" it continued.

Wisdom saving throw: 15

Garvii kept his composure and wrestled the voice into submission. He drew his blade the Roc Feather from its sheath and crept closer. He hid behind nearby brush and readied his assault. He took a nearby stone with one arm and tossed it suddenly against the far wall!

Stealth check: 22
Athletics check: 6

Last edited:
Dragon: Around the left side

Dragon had made it a bit closer due to his more sleight frame. From where he was, closer to the cliff as well, he could see the Moblin taking an afternoon nap on it's throne. Throne being a kind word, for the pile of rubble and boards sticking out of the dirt. Dragon could only make it's body out partially through the gaps in the camp's "defenses," but it seemed there were a couple blue bokos following his lead on the ground nearby.

Within fifty feet, Dragon was just at the cusp of where his natural abilities could get him. Any closer and he would have to start paying very close attention to his actions. Now all he had to do was wait on his distraction.
Dragon did not advance further, since he was waiting for a disctraction to swoop in and try to defeat the Moblin. In the meanwhile though? Well, he was mostly just twiddling his thumbs while waiting. Only peaking into the cracks of their defenses for the sake of seeing what the Moblin's doing. Hopefully the beast isn't a deep sleeper, he's not going to try to win a 1 on 1 by attacking his opponent while they're sleeping.

Either way, he waited.
While he did, he thoughy of what Saife said. "Make sure to use a sharp weapon".
Granted, that was his plan before but now? He's not enitrely sure that he wants to. Like.. Wyvern. He sounds like a really strong guy, strong enough to probably be able to have a bare knuckle brawl with any beast out there and come up on top. He's pretty sure killing things with wepons isn't an impressive feat for the dude.
So..
If he can best this thing with his bare hands, then he knows that he's ready! Or at the very least, on the right track.

Dragon closed his hands into fists and tightdned them, as he was working himself up for the coming battle. He'll fight and come on top. Not just because he needs to prove himself, worthy of fighting his Dad.. but also because he didn't want to be labeled as all bark and no bite. He kinda talked a big game a little bit ago, to lose after that would be..
Embarrasing, to say the least.​

Saife: In position right at the traps

Saife waited in her blind as any good hunter would. Arrows sharp and ready, bowstring clean and tightened. She could just see Garvii as he was disappearing into the trees. It looked as though he could see the camp, and was waiting for his moment. Perhaps collecting himself. Either way, it would only take a moment once he was being chased for the Bokoblins to come into range. The trees weren't dense enough to effect her aim, she was sure. The anticipation of the hunt was palpable, to be sure.
Saife watched Garvii and the space around him. This was a precipice of a dangerous fight. She was concerned, wary about her companions, but besides that...

She was excited.

She palmed her quiver and pulled out a special arrow. The cactus needles would rain all around once it hit the target, perfect for striking several enemies at once. She whispered a good luck wish in her native tongue and readied her shot.

Cast Hail of thorns

Nephillim: Scooping Shit

Aris sort of raised an eyebrow after Nephillim didn't introduce himself back, or pay much mind to his directions. She wasn't offended, per-say. She was used to gruff types passing through, not to mention her father. Even so, after her interaction with Garvii and Saife she was hoping all the visitors today would continue to be interesting. It seemed her luck had run out. It was just then that her aforementioned gruff father came around the side of the stable. He looked at her, and then Nephillim doing her duties for her.

"Aris! How dare you allow a guest to do your work!" He sternly raised his voice at her. She seemed to pay him little mind and stayed on her barrel, kicking her feet.

"Hush Papa! You're payin' me and I'm payin him! What's the difference?!" She snapped back. Pa didn't seem to be able to explain the difference, so he huffed not unlike a horse and turned on his heels.

( chargingdenki chargingdenki Roll perception)
(Perception: 9+5=14)

Nephillim made careful note of the interaction between father and daughter. The father didn’t seem overly kind but there wasn’t anything wrong with his reaction. He wanted his work done efficiently by someone he trusted. Normally meaning his daughter. It was fair, he was just a hylian passing through town. No one knew him. No one trusted him. And it didn’t matter because he didn’t plan on sticking around for long

He continued to clean the stalls as the two had a small argument. It didn’t last long though so he clearly wasn’t that much of an issue. There wasn’t any place for him in that conversation. Both had points and they could sort it out on their own. The father had the right to want the work done properly by someone he trusted

But Aris had a point to. It wasn’t her fathers money being used. She was using her own money she had earned. If this was how she wanted to use it then so be it. Her father didn’t fully have the right to yell at her for that. People are so complex… He wondered if this was how things had been back in Lurelin. He never involved himself in town matters so he wouldn’t know

Garvii: Beginning the Assault

The rock flew truly through the air. Garvii had waited until the right moment, and the Bokoblin closest to him was not able to catch where the rock was thrown from. He was merely startled by the clunk it made and began peering into the tree line. Garvii, from his spot in the brush, was adequately obscured. Therefore, without alerting the others, the Bokoblin made a few paces closer to the forest. He was right on the edge now, close enough for Garvii to leap towards from the tree he hid in. However if he did, it was almost certain the other guards would notice.

(Stealth attempt succeeded, I assumed you into a tree instead of on some rubble as all the rubble is on the other side of the Boko-guards) Wernburger Wernburger
Saife: Observing

Saife could just make out the sound of the Bokoblin coming closer with her honed hunter's ear. She knew it would only be moments now before the fighting starts and she could use her prepared technique.

(Spell preparation success) JayGreen JayGreen
Dragon: Very close to the enemy

The guard directly in front of Dragon seemed to stir as the sound of the rock carried his direction. A simple clunk. Who was to say it was even a rock? It could have been a stick snapped by a boar, or a squirrel dropping nuts. Why should he care? So he continued his loafing. Between the cracks in the defenses Dragon could see the big guy had not reacted at all, however a blue bokoblin did open one eye and roll over after the noise. It seemed they were alert enough, for monsters. At least a few of them.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon
Nephillim: Playing it Safe and Quiet

Aris turned back to Nephillim to see he didn't even stir at the little family drama. She appreciated him for that, and made note that he had worked through the whole thing.

"You've got a pretty good work ethic, quiet as you are Nephillim. And almost done to boot! I do appreciate this," She hopped back up onto her barrel. At that time, Nephillim noticed the very top of a curved stick sticking out of some shrubbery in the forest behind Aris. It had a string attached to it, which seemed to be pulling it back. Sort of, pointing as if to spring towards Aris.

(Perception Attempt Succeeded) chargingdenki chargingdenki

Garvii: Beginning the Assault

The rock flew truly through the air. Garvii had waited until the right moment, and the Bokoblin closest to him was not able to catch where the rock was thrown from. He was merely startled by the clunk it made and began peering into the tree line. Garvii, from his spot in the brush, was adequately obscured. Therefore, without alerting the others, the Bokoblin made a few paces closer to the forest. He was right on the edge now, close enough for Garvii to leap towards from the tree he hid in. However if he did, it was almost certain the other guards would notice.

(Stealth attempt succeeded, I assumed you into a tree instead of on some rubble as all the rubble is on the other side of the Boko-guards) Wernburger Wernburger

Garvii lashed out without a second's hesitation once the target was in range. He swiftly descended upon the target below and crashed down on top whilst raging.

His inner calm wafted up and away from him as he fell as the blood rage took control. Two wild sword slashes followed, one from above and one from below. He aimed to eviscerate his target unaware and begin his assault.

---------
Attack Roll 1: 14 to hit | 11 dmg
Attack Roll 2: 23 to hit | 12 dmg

Garvii: Front of the Camp, Starting the Party

Garvii came down upon the monster with the cold swiftness of the headsman's axe. It was never the wiser. Only the solid thump of the heavy Rito hitting the ground could be heard after. That was when the two peripheral guards snapped their heads around and noticed the Rito Bladesman. Like the beasts they were they charged forward on instinct, wailing. Which of course, alerted their kin inside the perimeter.

Only fifteen feet away the Bokoblins were more than capable of striking Garvii. Unfortunately for them, they had only clubs against a true beast. Their mere pieces of wood bounced off of Garvii's trained body like children's toys. Garvii could hear the Bokoblins further inside begin to rouse and grunt amongst themselves even with these first moments.

Wernburger Wernburger

The Red Bokoblin in Dragon's view had roused suddenly and began running around to the front of the camp. At sounds of thrashing and jumping, Dragon could tell. It was safe to assume the plan had started. From where the young Monk was, he could see the blue Bokoblin from earlier completely wake up. He then began barking at the other Bokoblins, but stayed where he was looking towards commotion. He had his sword drawn and seemed to be waiting to see if the situation was serious.

The big guy barely moved. He lazed with one eye open as he heard the sounds, but didn't twitch at all.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon

It was slight, but Saife could tell things were in motion. The waiving of large tree limbs, the slashing of flesh. Even this far away they were unmistakable to her hunter's ear. One could wonder what a huntress thinks about when anticipating her kill.

JayGreen JayGreen

Nephillim: Playing it Safe and Quiet

Aris turned back to Nephillim to see he didn't even stir at the little family drama. She appreciated him for that, and made note that he had worked through the whole thing.

"You've got a pretty good work ethic, quiet as you are Nephillim. And almost done to boot! I do appreciate this," She hopped back up onto her barrel. At that time, Nephillim noticed the very top of a curved stick sticking out of some shrubbery in the forest behind Aris. It had a string attached to it, which seemed to be pulling it back. Sort of, pointing as if to spring towards Aris.

(Perception Attempt Succeeded) chargingdenki chargingdenki
Nephillim was able to tell that Aris seemed relieved to a certain extent. Likely because of his silence throughout the family ordeal. He’d never liked interfering with others lives. If it was required of him he’d be willing to step in but if not he’d much prefer to stay quiet and out of the way. He’d never understood what was so appealing about socializing anyway

He opened his mouth to thank her fire the compliment but then he caught sight of… Something behind her. He couldn’t fully make out what it was though. He frowned slightly and shut his mouth again, reaching towards one of his daggers but not grabbing it. He didn’t know what this was. It might not mean any harm. He’d just be prepared if it did. Hopefully his reaction would’ve notified Aris and he could then gauge her reaction

Nephillim: Woodland Stable, Being Hunted

As Nephillim reached for his dagger, Aris noticed the movement. She furrowed her brow in confusion. She could tell Nephillim meant her no harm by the way he looked past her, not at her. So she was not scared of him, but indeed a chill ran up her spine. This man was quiet, and clearly thoughtful. He would not do something like that for nothing. Still, Aris was not a warrior of any kind. Nor a survivalist. She didn't have the instincts that Nephillim had, therefore she wasn't sure what to do.

The "stick," Nephillim had caught sight of sprang forward from it's arched position. The string could be heard from this distance to give a slight *thwip* and out of the bush soared an arrow. Straight towards Aris. It caught her in the back of the arm and she leaped off of the barrel, stumbling towards the back of one of the stables.

"AHHHH," She had clearly never experienced this level of pain before from the way she cried out. Nephillim could see the bow begin to cock back slowly to fire a second arrow now. This time aimed at him.

chargingdenki chargingdenki (Roll Perception)

Garvii: Front of the Camp, Starting the Party

Garvii came down upon the monster with the cold swiftness of the headsman's axe. It was never the wiser. Only the solid thump of the heavy Rito hitting the ground could be heard after. That was when the two peripheral guards snapped their heads around and noticed the Rito Bladesman. Like the beasts they were they charged forward on instinct, wailing. Which of course, alerted their kin inside the perimeter.

Only fifteen feet away the Bokoblins were more than capable of striking Garvii. Unfortunately for them, they had only clubs against a true beast. Their mere pieces of wood bounced off of Garvii's trained body like children's toys. Garvii could hear the Bokoblins further inside begin to rouse and grunt amongst themselves even with these first moments.

Wernburger Wernburger

Garvii proudly flexed the wooden clubs off of his person with a wave. Their ineffective attacks made him feel invincible and the beast inside him purred with satisfaction and demanded blood.

"Little pests!" he howled, raising the commotion level around him. His bird's song had never been delicate or beautiful, but it was sure loud.

He darted between the two bokoblin grunts in front of him and slashed either side.

I'll make quick work of this fodder. The forest will be cleansed and my reward will present itself to me.

----------
Attack Roll 1: 10 to hit | 17 dmg
Attack Roll 2: 24 to hit | 12 dmg

Dragon: Left Side of the Camp, Looking In

The Red Bokoblin in Dragon's view had roused suddenly and began running around to the front of the camp. At sounds of thrashing and jumping, Dragon could tell. It was safe to assume the plan had started. From where the young Monk was, he could see the blue Bokoblin from earlier completely wake up. He then began barking at the other Bokoblins, but stayed where he was looking towards commotion. He had his sword drawn and seemed to be waiting to see if the situation was serious.

The big guy barely moved. He lazed with one eye open as he heard the sounds, but didn't twitch at all.
He was just a little bit surprised that they all didn't run at the sight of potential danger. He didn't move though, not just yet. Instead he decided to continue playing the waiting game. From what he's seeing, the big guy might not move from that spot even if all of his subordinates make a mad dash away from 'em. He was counting on it, as he really just wanted to run up to the Moblin once the coast was clear. Still, he was surprised by how.. unbothered the Moblin seemed to be.

He's so used to monsters jumping at the chance to fight once they notice something was even slightly wrong. Maybe this one's so sure of himself that he couldn't be bothered? Who knew, it was weird for him, but it'd make it all the better to force 'em to get off of his lazy rear and fight! He just had to bide his time for the time being.​

It was slight, but Saife could tell things were in motion. The waiving of large tree limbs, the slashing of flesh. Even this far away they were unmistakable to her hunter's ear. One could wonder what a huntress thinks about when anticipating her kill.
Saife heard an unmistakable Rito call and her entire body tensed. She hasn't yet seen any bokoblins running towards the traps. Did they injure Garvii? Where was Dragon? Did they make a mistake in their planning?

It has been less than a day and hunting with other people was already a little exhausting.

She decided to bring the action towards herself, unable to tolerate the relative blindness of her position. She whistled loudly, ducked behind a tree and held her breath waiting for bokoblins. The prickly arrow still in her hands, Saife was itching for a hunt.

Saife takes a Hide action to get advantage next turn, stealth check - 13
Still holding concentration on Hail of Thorns.

Last edited:
Garvii: Front of the Camp, Having Fun

Two more Bokoblins felled in as many swings, Garvii was beginning to mimic the scene he had played out on Tabantha Bridge. The last two guards finally charged him from either side, ready to trample over their fallen kin to get at the Rito. Meanwhile over the mass of wood directly in front of Garvii, Bokoblins were peaking out from every angle. They glared and snorted at him for a split second, regarding the being whom would be so bold as to interrupt their afternoon Naptime. Then the mass of them came clambering over the "wall" to meet him with their kin. Six were able to swing their weapons as they jumped down upon him.

They became a mass of red bodies and flailing clubs on the ground around and on top of Garvii. Tumbling around, three of them actually managed to harm Garvii with their clubs, claws, fangs, or horns. He couldn't tell which was which. Unlike the blades of the Tabantha monsters, these things reminded Garvii of when he would wrestle all of the children of the village at once.

It was then that Saife's strong whistle carried through the woods like a farmer calling in the sheep dog. The mass of red Bokoblins were focused on Garvii already, but it did provoke one of the Blue ones to come out of the camp and stare for a moment into the forest. He then called to his brothers in Oblin.

Two blue Bokoblins came from behind him and the three began to track into the woods, catching the attention of some of the red ones (whom had already used their movement this turn, and are engaged with Garvii.)

Wernburger Wernburger (6 damage total, already adjusted for your resistances)

Finally the Blue Bokoblin Dragon had been spying on left his view and headed towards the skirmish. Dragon could hear the visceral sounds of battle. By his keen senses, the Monk could tell Garvii was being efficient, to a stunning degree, with his slices. One swing per one kill, went the battle thus far. It was enough to send a chill up one's spine, to think of facing that large sword one on one.

The objective in front of Dragon, however, was narrowing. It was a good guess to assume the Moblin's personal guard had left his side. Though they may not be outside the camp. He sat upright for the first time, looking towards the commotion with minor interest. It definitely didn't seem like a stray bear, any longer.

Other than the Moblin, there were no Bokoblins in sight any longer.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon

First Saife thought her gaze was playing tricks on her. Only a flicker of blue between the trunks. Then an ear above the bushes her and there. Finally the three Bokoblins whom had charged ahead to investigate her call, could be seen half revealed in the distance. They had about thirty feet to go before meeting one of the traps, so it was Saife's move now.

How will she engage?

JayGreen JayGreen (they are within bow range, but are benefitting from cover)

Garvii: Front of the Camp, Having Fun

Two more Bokoblins felled in as many swings, Garvii was beginning to mimic the scene he had played out on Tabantha Bridge. The last two guards finally charged him from either side, ready to trample over their fallen kin to get at the Rito. Meanwhile over the mass of wood directly in front of Garvii, Bokoblins were peaking out from every angle. They glared and snorted at him for a split second, regarding the being whom would be so bold as to interrupt their afternoon Naptime. Then the mass of them came clambering over the "wall" to meet him with their kin. Six were able to swing their weapons as they jumped down upon him.

They became a mass of red bodies and flailing clubs on the ground around and on top of Garvii. Tumbling around, three of them actually managed to harm Garvii with their clubs, claws, fangs, or horns. He couldn't tell which was which. Unlike the blades of the Tabantha monsters, these things reminded Garvii of when he would wrestle all of the children of the village at once.

It was then that Saife's strong whistle carried through the woods like a farmer calling in the sheep dog. The mass of red Bokoblins were focused on Garvii already, but it did provoke one of the Blue ones to come out of the camp and stare for a moment into the forest. He then called to his brothers in Oblin.

Two blue Bokoblins came from behind him and the three began to track into the woods, catching the attention of some of the red ones (whom had already used their movement this turn, and are engaged with Garvii.)

Wernburger Wernburger (6 damage total, already adjusted for your resistances)

Garvii bared through the bits of pain that accosted him from all angles. He snickered as the battle began to heat up, this fodder meant little to him but the sight of the blue guys made him give pause.

He decided to chase them down. He took two attack swings at the rabble surrounding him and then dashed upwards and away towards the blue bokoblins. His goal was to pounce on one from the air and stop their combined momentum.

-----------------------
Attack Roll 1: 22 to hit | 8 dmg
Attack Roll 2: 12 to hit | 13 dmg
Dash: Able to take action as bonus action while raging (Eagle Path of Totem Warrior)
- Opportunity attacks have disadvantage

Dragon: Left Side of the Camp, Being Patient

Finally the Blue Bokoblin Dragon had been spying on left his view and headed towards the skirmish. Dragon could hear the visceral sounds of battle. By his keen senses, the Monk could tell Garvii was being efficient, to a stunning degree, with his slices. One swing per one kill, went the battle thus far. It was enough to send a chill up one's spine, to think of facing that large sword one on one.

The objective in front of Dragon, however, was narrowing. It was a good guess to assume the Moblin's personal guard had left his side. Though they may not be outside the camp. He sat upright for the first time, looking towards the commotion with minor interest. It definitely didn't seem like a stray bear, any longer.

Other than the Moblin, there were no Bokoblins in sight any longer.
Dragon's gaze followed the Blue Bokoblin until it was out of view, but he didn't rush out just then. Instead, he peaked his head out of cover and let his gaze glide across what he could see of the enemies territory. Given the fact that he couldn't see any Bokoblins, and he heard the sounds of screaming Bokoblins and monster bashing.. he figured that it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that Moblin was unguarded.

Dragon stepped out of cover then, unsheathing the both of his swords slowly so he doesn't cut himself like last time, then twirling the blades so that they'd be pointed towards the ground. After that? He drove the both of his blades into the dirt down below. Although it may be best to use them, he wont be. The Hylian dashed forwards, sprinting towards the unmoving Moblin at full speed! As he did run, the guy shouted:

"Hey! Lazy bones! Get up and face me!"

There was no need to try and sneak here, the challenge has been issued to his new foe​

First Saife thought her gaze was playing tricks on her. Only a flicker of blue between the trunks. Then an ear above the bushes her and there. Finally the three Bokoblins whom had charged ahead to investigate her call, could be seen half revealed in the distance. They had about thirty feet to go before meeting one of the traps, so it was Saife's move now.

How will she engage?
Saife zeroed in of flashes of blue. "Oh, finally, something is working!" was what flashed in her mind before she took her aim at the central patch of blue skin and shot twice in a swift motion.

A bokoblin squeaked as an arrow pierced him and she saw the leaves move, shot by cactus needles raining from her arrow.

Saife grinned. It was on.

Then she heard Dragon's voice. Goddess, let this work...

First attack, natural 20 (!) - 8 damage
Second, 23 - 12 damage
Hail of thorns - 4 extra piercing damage on failed dex save to everyone withing five feet of shot bokoblin, 2 on success, DC 14

Garvii: Entering the Woods, Shaking Things Up

As Garvii broke free of his assailants, they snorted in protest. They all clambered after him at once. Five of them dashed to keep up, only three made to swipe at him as he left their range. Garvii was incredibly fast for one so large, surely his oneness with nature shining through in his savage physique. Two missed, and one managed to chuck his club right at the back of Garvii's head before he entered the treeline, striking him.

Finally as Garvii pounced like some predatory cat, he disrupted the Goblins advance by slaying their leader. In seeing the way Garvii so easily repositioned himself in the battle, the remaining blue Bokoblins came dashing out of the camp after him, to rendezvous with the horde of red. They all began to surround him from behind as the reached melee range. After Garvii's Blue Target fell, the one beside it made to strike out at Garvii, however was struck by an arrow in its side halting it's motion a moment. Then before it could react, a second caught it straight in the eye. Garvii might have been relieved by Saife's backup, had the arrow not exploded into a hail of thorns immediately after.

The cloud of spikes buried themselves into the last blue boko from the trio left alive, Garvii, and the first four bokoblins in the line behind him. All were taken aback and further enraged, to be sure.

(3 damage, adjusted. 2 damage from Hail of thorns, adjusted for resistance)

Wernburger Wernburger

The Moblin heard a little voice saying something in food-speak, and he was confused. The talking food always confused him. Always screaming instead of roaring, running instead of fighting. They really made him angry anytime he had to look at them, but this one especially. Not only was it running at him and being loud, without a weapon! This little thing must think this Moblin a weakling! It disgusted him to watch.

He picked up his massive, knotted, purple club and gripped it with two hands. Just as it stood up, it sort of half committed to an overhead swing. Like one might sway a mosquito rather than swing at an enemy. Thankfully Dragon was nimble, and was able to avoid the attack. The club itself, however, created a crater in the dirt beside him as if a great tree had fallen. It kicked up a dust cloud as tall as Dragon himself in the process. He could feel the vibrations through his feet as he ran, barely dodging the strike.

Just_Dragon Just_Dragon

Saife could guage her success barely through the brush. The slight movement of a target being hit, jerking slightly from the force of the arrow. And then, as well, the snorts and squeals of the others whom were hit. She could tell as well, just barely, Garvii had been right there by the time her arrow landed. She saw the flash of his sword over the shrubbery as he struck down his own target from the trio. The numerous flecks of red in the area made it clear the mass of the horde was with him.

JayGreen JayGreen

Garvii: Entering the Woods, Shaking Things Up

As Garvii broke free of his assailants, they snorted in protest. They all clambered after him at once. Five of them dashed to keep up, only three made to swipe at him as he left their range. Garvii was incredibly fast for one so large, surely his oneness with nature shining through in his savage physique. Two missed, and one managed to chuck his club right at the back of Garvii's head before he entered the treeline, striking him.

Finally as Garvii pounced like some predatory cat, he disrupted the Goblins advance by slaying their leader. In seeing the way Garvii so easily repositioned himself in the battle, the remaining blue Bokoblins came dashing out of the camp after him, to rendezvous with the horde of red. They all began to surround him from behind as the reached melee range. After Garvii's Blue Target fell, the one beside it made to strike out at Garvii, however was struck by an arrow in its side halting it's motion a moment. Then before it could react, a second caught it straight in the eye. Garvii might have been relieved by Saife's backup, had the arrow not exploded into a hail of thorns immediately after.

The cloud of spikes buried themselves into the last blue boko from the trio left alive, Garvii, and the first four bokoblins in the line behind him. All were taken aback and further enraged, to be sure.

(3 damage, adjusted. 2 damage from Hail of thorns, adjusted for resistance)

Garvii's shock disrupted his momentum. He was stunned at the effects of the explosive shrapnel and picked a thorn from his shoulder wincing and flicked it away.

As the Bokobilns grew more furious, Garvii felt his anger swirl and churn as a small smile cracked at the edges of his beak. He had never fought in a group before and to his surprise, it was exhilarating and hilarious to him. It was a mixed feeling he didn't understand in the moment but he was curious to see where it took him next. He would have words with Saife later but to his surprise, he felt that all was right with the world. He was here in the heat of battle and he was the one that could handle fighting on the front lines taking abuse from all sides. The monster inside him delighted in the freedom to bare itself against others openly.

To get back in fighting form, he harnessed the pain from the thorns and weapon blows and faced the gaggle of remaining Bokoblins down with a firey glare. He charged at the rabble swinging. He levied two more sword swings at them.

-----------------------
Attack Roll 1: 23 to hit | 11 dmg
Attack Roll 2: 18 to hit | 11 dmg
Remaining HP: 48/59

Saife: Behind the Trapline, Taking Shots

Saife could guage her success barely through the brush. The slight movement of a target being hit, jerking slightly from the force of the arrow. And then, as well, the snorts and squeals of the others whom were hit. She could tell as well, just barely, Garvii had been right there by the time her arrow landed. She saw the flash of his sword over the shrubbery as he struck down his own target from the trio. The numerous flecks of red in the area made it clear the mass of the horde was with him.
Twin strands of anger and guilt went through Saife's mind, overlapping the disgruntled mutter of "where do you think you are?" and an image of needles exploding, surely right there next to him. She almost unconsciously put both away for later.

She saw patches of red skin through the foliage and that was all that mattered in the moment.

She stepped from her tree cover and whistled loudly. Calling to mind the Koblin speech, she yelled "Here!" and then threw her hand out.

Speckles of sand fell out and as soon as they touched the ground, fine dust burst from the earth, clouding the vision. Nobody would see the traps now and as long as the others knew what they were doing, it would end with lots of dead bokoblins.

Casting Fog cloud over the traps.

Spell slots: 1st lvl - 2/4, 2nd lvl - 2/2

Last edited:
Dragon: Inside the Camp, The Least Sneaky Assassin

The Moblin heard a little voice saying something in food-speak, and he was confused. The talking food always confused him. Always screaming instead of roaring, running instead of fighting. They really made him angry anytime he had to look at them, but this one especially. Not only was it running at him and being loud, without a weapon! This little thing must think this Moblin a weakling! It disgusted him to watch.

He picked up his massive, knotted, purple club and gripped it with two hands. Just as it stood up, it sort of half committed to an overhead swing. Like one might sway a mosquito rather than swing at an enemy. Thankfully Dragon was nimble, and was able to avoid the attack. The club itself, however, created a crater in the dirt beside him as if a great tree had fallen. It kicked up a dust cloud as tall as Dragon himself in the process. He could feel the vibrations through his feet as he ran, barely dodging the strike.
Dragon continued to run towards the Moblin, even while it stood up and raised that massive knotted club. When it swung towards him? Dragon came to a short, skidding stop, then hopped towards the side to avoid being struck. Although the ground caving in once impact was made almost made Dragon lose his balance. He definitely didn't expect this level of strength from the Moblin, but it seemed fitting. This Moblin probably squashed countless amounts of people before now.

The dust cloud engulfed the Monk entirely, but since he didn't have any intent to just stand still, Dragon shot out of the cloud of dust a mere moment after it was raised. Right arm reeled back and hand curled into a fist. Now, once the distance was closed? Dragon leaned backwards a bit, then threw a punch! One that he leaned into as much as he could, so his fist could potentially slam onto the Moblin's gut! He followed that up by pressing his feet onto the ground to just keep his balance when he dished out a single jab towards the same spot as his initial strike. Then? He pulled that fist back, and lifted his foot off of the ground, twisting the other as he swung his leg towards the Moblin's side! A swift kick.

He refrained from using the flame just yet. He wanted to see what his raw strength could do against this Moblin.

Strike one: 7 to hit, 9 for damage
Strike two: 13 to hit, 7 for damage
Strike three: 11 to hit, 7 for damage​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back