• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

JesseMarshall

Crystal Gem
HYPERLANE
GjE0GQ3.jpg

Attention!
TOiDYeXm.png
You are now entering a HyperLane checkpoint. Please have all documentation available for inspection. All pilots and helm officers must also be ready to present their HyperLane flight credentials during the boarding process. Please note, The Cat’s Eye galaxy is approximately thirteen million light-years away from Earth and will require fifty years of travel time.

Cryogenic stasis is recommended on this voyage but not required for generational ships. If you are an approaching generational ship, please have your ‘G twenty-two’ permit and acknowledgment waivers available. All other approaching starships will be scanned for both life signs and cryostasis chambers to ensure appropriate travel safety recommendations are met.

Primary destination is the Kannalo space station. Built-in cooperation with the Alkirrions in 2162, it serves as a welcoming point to all residents of the Milky Way. Post-processing, you will be allowed to check in with your temporary accommodations and meet with your employment officers. In addition, if you have not already established employment, or if your occupation is forfeited during the fifty-year traveling period, you will have the opportunity to seek other means of livelihood after two weeks of residency.

Please be advised, The Cat’s Eye galaxy is not regulated nor under the protection of the Intergalactic Democratic Alliance of the Milky Way. By entering a HyperLane spatial rift, you agree that your safety and health are no longer the responsibility of the IDA. You also agree that your return journey, unless an affiliate of the IDA or crew, is not guaranteed by the IDA. Finally, you acknowledge the risk of mental strain and possible break due to extended cryostasis and/or entering a new galactic threshold.

wf6Q5hXl.jpg
This message shall now repeat in over two thousand different languages. If your language has already been announced, or you own an instant translation device, you may enter the cryostasis preparatory chambers. Thank you for choosing HyperLane.

Explore a new plane with HyperLane!

THE ARRIVAL

“Hey, haven’t spotted you ‘round these parts before,” says the bartender.

He’s a middle-aged-looking sort, probably in his late nineties. He could be someone’s father or even a young grandfather, was it not for the way he carried himself. He swaggers over to the bar-top with a walk that clearly says I’ve been single my whole life. He’s charming enough, though, and smiles widely after you tell him your order.

He sets about making your drink with a practiced hand, barely glancing at the array of different colored bottles on the shelf behind him. He simply reaches back, grabs one, and pours a double of each into the worn-down looking chill-a-mix that sits on the counter. You remember seeing them on every holocom commercial when you were a kid. They were popular back in 2235, for sure, but you haven’t seen one in ages.

“First time in the Cat’s Eye, huh?” the old man questions. “Well, don’t look so surprised that I figured it out. You still have some of the light from the Milky Way shining in your eyes.”

He lets loose a dry, raspy chuckle when your brows knit together. The man sets your drink down in front of you, “Ah, it’s just a saying we have around here. Means your fresh out of the cryotubes from back home. Yeah, you’re gonna miss it like hell at the beginning—gonna feel like you got ants crawling over your legs, and your face is too tight, but that’ll ease off over time. Happens to everyone when they set foot in a new galaxy.

Scientists say it has something to do with the cosmic energies what-that are different between each galactic border, but pers’nally, I think scientists’ll say just about anything to sound smart. It only lasted a couple days for me, but I hear some people got it bad for months. Anyway, what’s your reason?”

You look at him over the rim of your glass, draining the contents in a few gulps. Setting the glass back onto the oak countertop, you give him a quizzical stare.

“You know, the reason you had for packing up, squeezing yerself in a plastic tube for fifty years, and commin’ all the way out here,” he says.

Recognition of the question hits you full force. You tap the edge of your glass to signal for a refill. As he begins mixing up your next drink, you tell him exactly why you’ve come. For a moment, you hope that the conversation will end, and you’ll get to enjoy your next drink in quiet solitude, but no such luck.

“Ah,” the old man nods, giving another broad smile. He sets the replenished glass back down within your reach. “I shoulda known. It’s the same thing ev’ryone says. Oh, maybe not exactly in the same words you used, but it all boils down to one thing; adventure. You wanted to see things ya’ve never seen before, meet the new alien life-forms, maybe even get inna certain line of work ain’t appreciated back in the ole’ way-o-milk, eh?”

You don’t respond to this but ruminate instead on how you managed to wander into the station’s slowest bar with the galaxy’s most talkative bartender. It’s not that you don’t enjoy conversation, but can’t a spacer enjoy a drink in peace? You down your glass, lay a fifty on the bar and turn to get off your stool. You’ll find another place with a bartender who’s less friendly somewhere else.

“Thanks much,” he says, sliding the fifty into his pocket. “And you should stop by the docks while you’re out and about. Ask for The Siren and tell ‘em Douggie sent ya. Guarantee you’ll find work faster than you can say Risoterria Nine.”

Not likely, you think, but you nod your head and smile sheepishly at the guy anyway.

Despite what you thought while leaving the bar, you’ve somehow managed to wander into the portside docking area. It wouldn’t hurt to inquire about a job. The company that offered you employment went belly-up during the fifty years you were napping in the HyperLane. You could really use the money right now.

hgAaKiN.jpg

THE STORY

rM4zyMP.jpg
You are a crew member onboard The Siren.

It’s a class-2 freighter with eighteen rooms, ten of which are living quarters.

The rest of the rooms are the bridge, cargo hold one and two, captain’s office, engine room, medical bay, recreation/ observation room, and formal dining room.

All crew quarters come with their own private wash facilities, and the observation deck has a myriad of different activities to participate in.

Captain Lauristen commands the vessel.

She is a stern but kind person who regularly treats her crew like family.

Each team member has their own job to do, but the overall goal is the same—make money.

Whether the job is bounty-hunting, transporting goods or people, infiltrating secret societies, or simply crashing an upper-class party and cutting some purse strings, no job is too big or small.

The most recent bit of coin you’re captain has volunteered you for is a bit of work concerning the bounty of a murder suspect.

Marigold Zhao, a high-ranking government official, was murdered in her home on TerraPrima, a planet similar to Earth.

It seems apparent that another young woman named Annette Kyalo is the culprit, but are things always as they appear?

Peter Gardner, an ex-business partner of Annette Kaylo, believes so...

THE CREW

• The duties of a captain are all-encompassing and never seem to end. They call the shots, decide what jobs to take, and manages the ship’s resources. They are responsible for the entire well-being of the crew around them, and genuinely great captains treat them as equals.
    TAKEN

CHARACTER SHEET

Character sheets are here

Please let me know if any of this sounds interesting to you!

OOC

If you are looking for the OOC Chat, then just click here!

NOTICE OF CLOSURE

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all of the enthusiasm that you've shown in wanting to join our crew. At this time, there simply isn't any room left for people to join. If you are still adamantly interested in signing on, don't hesitate to send a message to me or Burning_Heart Burning_Heart . We will save your character sheet and if any space opens up in the future we will let you know. Thank you, again, and don't forget to...

Explore a new plane with HyperLane!

Last edited:
Oh lawd, this sounds hella interesting! I love the way you write.

Also, are there any rules or posting reqs that are needed to join?

If we're talking roles beforehand, I'd like have a go at pilot! There'll be some research to be done, but I think it'll be fun.

Last edited:
G'day g'day I'm interested as well! I also have to ask if we're strictly RPN OOC or if there's gonna be a discord?

Either way, I'm eyeing The Muscle role and nothing like a good brawn over brain character right?

Hey! I am definitely going to build an OOC here on RpN, but we also are going to have a small discord channel too! That way, in case some people do not have a discord, we can still keep in communication with each other. It will really depend on what the majority wants. We definitely need a pilot and muscle still, so it would be wonderful to hear about your character ideas.

As for rules, the general stuff applies: no sexually explicit content, Let us know if you're leaving or need a long break, literate a plus but not a requirement, and no god-modding or mary sues. 500 character's at least would be nice, but we know some days it's hard to get a flow, so no biggie there either.

Sweet, I'm all go for a discord cause I'm a lot more active there!

And those are reasonable rules. I'll start brainstorming a solid idea beyond the "dumb muscle" archetype.

Great! And same, I'm on discord almost all of the time.

Good to know, good to know, it's about what I expected. About the posting requirements though, is there a schedule? Like say, once a week, twice a week or some such.

Sweet, I'm all go for a discord cause I'm a lot more active there!

And those are reasonable rules. I'll start brainstorming a solid idea beyond the "dumb muscle" archetype.
Can't wait to read it!

Great! And same, I'm on discord almost all of the time.

Good to know, good to know, it's about what I expected. About the posting requirements though, is there a schedule? Like say, once a week, twice a week or some such.
Not a specific one! If you're going to be gone for more than a week, it would be nice to get a heads-up and maybe an RP post describing (in character) why your character was absent? I totally understand that things come up unexpectedly, though, and I'll keep your character open for at least two without any word. Might make a temporary fill-in for you while you're gone, but they'll be fired once you're back. Lol!

If you're just coming in and found the pilot and muscle roles being requested, then don't hesitate to reach-out about another role that you think might fit on The Siren.

Hi!!

I'd like to drop off an app for an alternate charrie if that's cool. How about a Shadow? Like a sneaky thief/scout/spy type?

Imma hard pass on Discord hopefully that's not a deal breaker, but I can provide a post sample if need be?

Hi!!

I'd like to drop off an app for an alternate charrie if that's cool. How about a Shadow? Like a sneaky thief/scout/spy type?

Imma hard pass on Discord hopefully that's not a deal breaker, but I can provide a post sample if need be?
Sure! I think that would be an interesting addition to the story. Just fill out a character sheet and post it to the character sheet page. I'll add a 🍪 to your sheet once it's been approved. I'm also going to be building the OOC room in just a little while, so I'm super excited about all this.

Burning_Heart Burning_Heart WI_ WI_ N0rthernw0lves N0rthernw0lves Impius Impius Ambiloquous Ambiloquous AI10100 AI10100 BuggaBoo BuggaBoo

I don't want to step on any toes, but I was thinking of a Hacker/Sniper? The set roles seem taken, so would that alternative character work as a member of the crew?
Absolutely! Sharp-Shooters and hackers are both incredibly beneficial to any space pirate/cowboy/bounty-hunter/whatever crew! Lol!

Ooohh I see! Well, they were a treat to read and at least gave me a direction on how I should go about my character.

Welcome to RPN in any case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back