• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Huntsmen VS Croí Dearg

┏━━━━━━━━┓
Madam Mim
┗━━━━━━━━┛
9uvss7.jpg
The cut was deeper than Morgan thought and certainly more annoying to get to; only about half of it was what she could reach and the rest...well, she'd just have to deal with it. Her eyes darted over to Hansel when he returned with some wood that would hopefully start a fire. They both really needed the heat right now since it was too cold to stay like this. Realizing she was staring, her gaze quickly dropped back to the salve and a small sigh left her lips. This was definitely not something she was used to. To keep her thoughts from wandering too far, Morgan decided she'd try one more time to try to get the places that she couldn't reach. It was again to no avail but it seemed her attempt didn't go unnoticed. "What?" Morgan quickly looked up at surprise when Hansel came to sit next to her. He didn't even really give her a choice in the matter either. She knew though that without his help there was no way she'd get the whole of the wound.

"N-no, no, there's no need for that." A flush crossed Morgan's face and she quickly turned her face forward to keep it as hidden as she could manage. The salve in her hand was handed to it, along with a cloth that he could use to wipe away any of the blood. The bandages were in the pouch closest to him so she figured she wouldn't need to hand that over too. If only to keep her face hidden a while longer to get rid of the red. Her legs were carefully pulled up to her chest so that her head could rest on top of her knees; her arm still hung down at her side though so that way she wouldn't mess up what Hansel was doing. "I'm sorry." Morgan said after a few moments of silence. "If...you had just killed me then you likely wouldn't be in this predicament. That blonde woman wouldn't have gotten so upset and...you'd still be with your sister." Or at least that was a possible outcome, not really a guarantee. Morgan knew that but she still felt like this might have been her fault.

The demon and the queen were walking off as they had come, slowly and silently. Gretel had her eyes glued on the pair until she heard Ursula's annoying voice yet again. It was Rapunzel though that saved them from being hit by the lightning that slammed down from the sky. The witch hunter rolled out of the way of the next one and Ariel was quick to get back to her feet, trident in hand. Yet as much as she wanted to fight, she knew now wasn't the time by any means. Gretel nodded her head in agreement with Rapunzel for once but she couldn't say anything. Ursula opened her mouth about Hansel again and the brunette felt her blood boil. "Shut up!" Gretel growled out, her hands instantly going to the holsters of her guns only to let out a curse. Her guns had been tossed off to the side because of Chernabog so she was out of luck on that account. "Shut up, I swear I'm going to kill you!" Gretel finally took a step closer like she was going to go for an attack, only to be stopped by Ariel. The redhead quickly shook her head and had to push Gretel back with some force.

"Let me go, Ariel." Gretel demanded but Ariel shook her head fiercely, determined to listen to Rapunzel and have them all get out of here. Rapunzel gave them the perfect opportunity also when she knocked Ursula down. A curse left Gretel's lips but she forced herself to turn, ready to run. A deep growl sounded from behind them and right as she turned to glance over her shoulder, Cruella in her large wolf form came lunging at them. Another curse left Gretel's lips as she used her own strength to push Ariel aside and took the brunt of the attack. Claws dug into her side and a cry of pain left her lips, but it didn't stop her from acting either. Her knee was pulled up to slam into the wolf's ribs, not that it did much of anything; the butterfly knife in her boot was what she was going for though. She whipped it out and spun it until it clicked in place, right before stabbing it deep into the wolf's own side. An angry, pained growl mixed with a whine left Cruella's lips as she jumped backwards with her hand clinging to the wound. Gretel fumbled to get to her feet with the help of Ariel. "Let's go!" They were outmatched right now and Gretel really needed to get a handle on herself. She couldn't let Ursula's words keep getting to her. With Ariel's help, she followed after Rapunzel as fast as they could run.

"Fucking witch hunter." The venom was heard in Cruella's voice when she reverted back to her human form, her hand staying firmly on the wound at her side in an attempt to keep the blood from flowing too freely. "The child's being watched right now by my pets. I think she'll be useless until her wounds heal but...her mind is going anyway so we'll see how that goes." A heavy sigh left her lips before she looked down at the wound. "We need to follow after them but..." Cruella wouldn't really last long until she tended her wound. "We need a new strategy. We're fighting on the same side but we aren't fighting together. I think we need to start coordinating our attacks more to finish them off faster. Just...not right now. I have to lick my wound before I lose too much blood. Are you going to follow them or what?"

Hansel

“Thank you.” he said, taking the supplies away before she could change her mind. The wound was deep and he did his very best to be gentle while cleaning it out. The thought that it was meant for him and not her crossed his mind. It was weird she blocked the attack from him. Hansel was moving on to applying the salve, but paused to look up at the witch, his brows furrowing together because of the apology coming out of the nowhere. “Wh--” Hansel stopped as she furthered explained and a frown formed. The witch hunter wasn’t one to live in the past as it did nothing for the future.

“If I had killed you my sister would most likely be dead at this point.” he mumbled as he began applying the salve to the wound. There was a small shake in his head, as if he knew her next thought, but his blue eyes were glued to his work. “I don’t go back on my word. A deal is a deal and I had no intentions of breaking it and killing you after my sister got better. Besides, blondie hated our guts since we’ve arrived and I probably would have chosen sleep over three girls having a little pow-wow. The most likely outcome without you not being involved would be that I was taken by surprise and dead or burying my sister.” Hansel took a break from his work and looked up at her and shrugged it all off before reaching for the bandages.

“This predicament isn’t your fault. We knew what we were getting ourselves into.” Hansel gently lifted her arm so he could get underneath it to wrap up the wound securely and tight enough where it wouldn’t come off. “We’ve been worse off so don’t worry you’re little pretty purple head about it.” That was true, they had never been separated for very long, but this time felt different. He had a feeling it be a while before he caught up with his sister again. “Right, let’s see the knee next.”

A warm liquid was coming out of her nose and she could no longer breathe through it. The angry growl was welcomed as Ursula knew she wasn’t getting back up on her feet very quick. Gingerly, she felt around her nose, pulling her hand back to find blood on her fingers. The three were blurs, running off in the distance. The hit to the face must have done something with her long distance vision as it was easier to see up close. Cruella could be made out just fine as she sat up and looked at the woman yakking away. Most of it she agreed with, but her going after them alone. A brow rose at the suggestion.

“I have my own wound to lick.” A finger came up to point at the broken nose. “Besides, I’m out numbered and that little mermaid went and got her father’s trident.” she spat glaring at the direction they went off in. That thing could easily be her undoing. “Besides, I’m sure the other witch hunter won’t go far before looking for her brother’s body.” There was an idea she wanted to hatch. A plan that would: get rid of the three little brats, any other meddling huntsmen and the trident for good. “You’re right about us working together and attacking as one. I also think we need to expand slightly. I know somebody that owes me. We can get rid of those pesky huntsmen for good. Have you heard of Nasira?” The sea witch got to her feet, the world felt like it was turning underneath her feet as she brushed off the mud that had gotten on her clothes.

┏━━━━━━━━┓
Madam Mim
┗━━━━━━━━┛
9uvss7.jpg
Well...there was the fact that Morgan was the only one who could have saved his sister sure. That didn't really mean anything since he still could have killed her after. Just as the thought came, Hansel corrected it all too quickly. He seemed to think that things would have been different yes but not in the ways that Morgan was thinking about. If he had gone to sleep instead, then he would have been taken by surprise by Ursula. Which would have ended with him being dead since he didn't know anything about the seal bearer. Her mouth opened to say something but she closed it promptly before a small sigh left her lips. Maybe he was right and she was just being too hard on herself. On a more positive note, at least they were alive. When her arm was moved, she helped to lift it some and it was in that moment she realized how quickly it had been tended to. It would have taken a long time for her and she wouldn't have even been able to get the whole thing. "I guess...if you really think so." Morgan still felt like it was her fault but if Hansel didn't think so, maybe she could try to not think like that. Plus, she could help continue to help them in the future and prove to the blonde that Morgan wasn't what she thought...oh. That meant that Morgan was actually considering staying, which was an odd thought to have to begin with. Right as she was thinking about it, another blush crept along her cheeks as she glanced over her shoulder to look him over.

"W-what?" He was teasing her, he had to be; trying to make light of the situation and her worries to try and ease her mind some. Or she was just hearing things. Surprise was clear on her face as much as her looking like a tomato and it took her a moment to get herself back. "Um....t-thank you, Hansel. For your words and the help." Morgan glanced aside, then carefully pulled her arm back through the sleeve of her dress again. Even if he just said the truth, it still helped to ease a bit of her worries. Not all of them but some. "But I can fix my knee, you don't have to do it." Even as she said that, she still turned herself to the side so that he could look her knee over. Blood dripped steadily down her leg; it wasn't as bad as the claw marks but it was still going to be really annoying when they were walking. If they could get to a village or something, she could get her hands on some numbing herbs and then it'd make things easier. That was only after they got out of this predicament first. "You've already done enough for me, I can really do it." Morgan spoke with a bit of hesitance, both because she wasn't sure if he'd let her and also because she didn't want to press her luck with him.

Cruella's brow rose and it was then that she noticed the sea witch had indeed been injured. That blonde huntsman really packed a swing it seemed. "You're scared of a little trident? Tch." It was hard not to giggle at the notion but there was probably something there that she didn't know about. Ursula was right about being outnumbered though and that could be extremely tricky if it stayed that way. A scoff left her lips about the female witch hunter coming back to look for her brother. That would make things much better for Cruella, more so if she could get her claws into the brat again. Only this time she'd rip her apart the moment that she could. They were only given one more chance and if they screwed this one up too...Cruella didn't even want to think about the consequences. "Hm?" Cruella perked up a bit when Ursula mentioned expansion and getting rid of the Huntsmen all together. Now that would be a perfect thing for them. "Nasira....isn't she some witch or something? A twin to that one sorcerer that went crazy with power? I don't really know much about her, just rumors." Cruella shrugged a little before a small groan from the pain left her lips. "I don't care who she is really. If you think she can help, I say we go and get her now before that damn demon puts us out of commission permanently. How far away is she from here? Or can you just send for her with your magic or what?" Cruella really didn't want to travel right now but if she had to then she would.

Hansel

The other times she had blushed he hadn’t caught, but this time it was hard to miss. His words had turned her face bright red and there was no overlooking it, though he pretended he had. The bandages and slave were moved closer and the objection to him continuing to help came to no surprise. A hand ran through his hair as there is only certain amount of times he could hear her reject his help before wanting to throw in the towel all together. A deep breathe was taken in and he talked himself out of just walking off to get more firewood. “I know that I don’t have to do it.” he retorted, flipping the cloth in his hand to find the cleanest part that was left to use. The knee was looked over and he paused when she tried yet again to shoo him away. A sigh of annoyance left his lips as his blue eyes travel from the wound to her brightly lit blue eyes.

“You shouldn’t be moving your arm, if anything that should be put in a sling so you don’t reopen the wound over and over again. This will be easier with two hands and just over all be better.” he said, trying hide the annoyance in his voice, the same tone of voice he had used against Gretel when she was getting on his nerves and being a stubborn brat. “Look, let me clean up well a once and I’ll never touch you again.” There was a bit of bitterness there, but when all you did was try to help over and over again, it was hard to take it personal. “What do you say?” he asked, this being the last straw. If Mim voiced she didn’t want his help again he would oblige and that would be the end of it.

There was a dull look in Ursula’s eyes as she eyed her counterpart. The slew of questions only annoyed the sea witch. Carefully, she touch around her nose as the other spoke, only have listening as a whimper escaped. That blonde little bitch could have really messed up her pretty face, an asset that had captivated so many men and brought them to their death. Rolling her eyes, she turned to slowly start back to their refuge. “I’ll summon and she’ll surely have an interesting way to bring the little brats down, she always do.” Ursula looked over her shoulder at Cruella, beaming with happiness as an idea the both of them would like came to mind. “We have to lure those girls out. We need to find the man around the same size as the male witch hunter and grab a belonging of his from the little hut they were living in.” Hopefully the other woman would get the gist of what she was insinuating and Ursula went to look for something that would be easily noticeable that belonged to Hansel.

┏━━━━━━━━┓
Madam Mim
┗━━━━━━━━┛
9uvss7.jpg
He knew he didn't have to help her but he was still willing to do it; it was an odd thing for Morgan considering she'd never been close like this to someone at all. The thought kept creeping into her head and a part of her kept telling herself this was all a dream. One that she'd wake up from at any moment and still be in the same inn room as Cruella and Ursula. Of course, the pain from her wounds made it known she wasn't dreaming since in her dreams she never felt pain. When she actually dreamed of course. This was all so very new to her and she really didn't know what to do or what to say. Clearly though, she wasn't going about things the right way since Hansel was getting irritated. Between the sigh and his tone of voice, Morgan could tell. Her injured arm was pulled a bit closer to rest against her body and all too quickly did her gaze drop to the side. He was right, of course he was. The more she moved her arm, the more likely it would be to reopen and this whole thing would have been for nothing. This feeling of timidness and nervousness was fairly annoying since it was something she wasn't used to.

"I'm sorry." It was the first thing that came out of her mouth as she stole a brief glance towards him before her gaze settled once again on the ground. "I'm...not used to this at all." She made a motion with her good hand to the two of them before a sigh left her lips. "Being around people in general is something I've never really done unless it was for some kind of job. It's not that I don't want your help, it's just...I don't know, weird I guess? I've had to do everything on my own my whole life just about. There's never been someone before to help with these sorts of things." Her legs curled more towards her body slightly so that her good arm could wrap underneath her thighs; it also ended up giving Hansel a better angle to get to her knee. She made sure to not move her bad arm though so that way she didn't make things worse. "Please don't be mad." It was more wishful thinking than anything but she actually hoped he wouldn't continue to take it personal. Even her expression was apologetic, which just felt odd to her to begin with but she wasn't going to say anything about it either. All she knew was she didn't want Hansel upset and knew she had to work on changing how she did things; starting with this. To give an extra emphasis that she was indeed sorry, her leg extended some so that her knee was right in front of him. Of course, she couldn't really look him in the eye at this point but it was at least a start.

Hansel

Hansel waited for permission, but instead received an apology. His brows crinkled in confusion, not quite sure what she was sorry about at first. His gaze fell as he hadn’t hidden that he growing frustrated and irritated well enough. That was always a struggle for him. Once his patience ran out it was easy to see. Even if she wasn’t used to being around others, connecting and trusting someone who’s job is to hunt you had to be difficult, though he didn’t voice that. Merely just nodded, showing that he understood where she was coming from. A small smile spread on his face when she extended her leg for easy access to the knee. His briefly went to it and then to her, before he started cleaning it off.

“I’m not mad, least not anymore.” he clarified, letting her know that he was putting it behind him. His hand went to scratch the back of his neck as he looked at his sister’s work. Gretel hadn’t been messing around, that was sure. “Wow, she got you pretty good. This must hurt.” he said, wiping away some more of the blood, before twisting to grab the salve. Hansel was pretty quiet after that, not that he felt bad for what his sister had done, but he was concentrating on patching up Mim.

“There that should do it.” he said, wrapping the dressing up and tucking the end underneath so it wouldn’t come undone. Pushing on his legs, he propelled up self-up to his feet. “I’m going to grab a bit more firewood, there isn’t much out there. Probably can’t stay here too long.” There was a small shrug as there wasn’t much they could do about it, when they left their clothes would probably be slightly damp, but it looked like the sky was calming and there was no longer any lightening. Two arm full of firewood and a long twisting stick he came back with in about ten minutes later. “Here found this for you.” He held out the stick that was about the same height as Mim.

┏━━━━━━━━┓
Madam Mim
┗━━━━━━━━┛
9uvss7.jpg
A breath of relief left Morgan's lips when he said he wasn't mad anymore; he had even already started working on cleaning up the wound also. It stung more than she thought it would so she had to try very hard to not move away from his touch. She even bit her lip a bit to keep from making sounds of complaints. "Your sister is a good shot." Morgan spoke softly, not wanting to comment on the pain to him. It did hurt and it made it very difficult to walk but she didn't want to let on that fact. Hell, he probably already knew though since he knew how his sister was. When he started applying the salve, Morgan turned her gaze a bit to watch him work and was a bit grateful for the silence that followed. Not that she didn't think Hansel could mess up or anything but...no, there wasn't a need to think like that when he did well with her other injury. After what felt like an eternity went by -which was probably no more than a few minutes- Hansel announced he was done.

"...thank you for the help, Hansel." Morgan still spoke in a soft voice and her eyes stayed on her knee for a moment longer. Once she pulled her leg closer to get more comfortable, she looked up to him and gave him a nod. It wasn't like she could go anywhere right now and he needed to rest some too before they actually tried gallivanting around to find his sister. Despite that thought, Morgan still forced herself to her feet so that she could look around for a sharp rock along the ground closest to her. It didn't take very long at all even with the limping; the rock was used to tear into the bottom of her dress all the way around it before the rock was tossed away again. With the cloth in hand, she hobbled back over and settled down once again in the same spot she had been in before. It had taken longer than she thought because by the time she started working on making the makeshift sling like Hansel suggested, he was already coming back with the firewood. The stick he had specifically for her was looked over with wide-eyes before she reached out to take it from him with her good arm.

"Wow." The stick was sturdy, which meant it could probably hold her weight as they walked. "Thank you." It felt like all she was doing now was thanking him and it annoyed her that she had to be useless like this. Well...maybe not completely. The stick was set beside her and she almost immediately began to work on the sling again. "It might be hard to start a fire with the wood from around here." Whether it was too damp or just not the right type of wood to burn easily, it was still going to make things difficult. "I can start the fire though. With the fire that comes from shifting into a phoenix, for example, I'd be able to light it pretty easily. Um...even if we don't stay here long, I think you definitely need to try and get some sleep at least. I can keep an eye out." It was mostly to make herself seem less useless than she actually felt but she also didn't think anything more could happen to them. The day had already been shit from he get-go, so their luck couldn't be that bad. Hopefully.

The rest of the night was fairly uneventful after Morgan's transformation to get the fire going. The soft glow of the fire as well as the warmth of the fire was quite relaxing. She stayed awake the whole time like she said, keeping an eye out for anything that might have tried for them. A part of her knew it was unlikely though and the lull of the fire was making her want to sleep; she didn't though and just kept her focus on watching the shadows for movement. By the time the sun peeked up on the horizon, the fire was starting to die again as it had a couple other times throughout the night. Morgan used a smaller stick to fiddle with it some to keep it lit before very carefully getting to her feet. She then shifted into a hawk and took off to the sky, keeping a watchful look on the waters below. Once she caught sight of a fish, she dove down and scooped it up with her talons; the process was repeated until there were four fish set down on her now emptied pouches. Once she changed back to her normal self, she dug through her larger pouch until she found a small baby knife to start getting rid of the scales to make the fish easier to eat. A glance was stolen towards Hansel briefly before sh quickly went back to what she was doing. Food was a must since they hadn't gotten to eat much the day before; fish wasn't ideal but it'd get them both by for now.

⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹
Cruella spent most of the night licking her wound; literally licking it in her wolf form as that helped to heal her wounds much faster. This was -of course- after Ursula had done her little ritual thing to summon the woman that was to help them. The dark haired female that appeared was interesting to say the least; she was beautiful and elegant in the way she presented herself but there was almost a cockiness to her personality that irritated Cruella. It got to the point where the wolf wasn't so sure about this witch anymore. Still, the plan that they had come up with thanks in part to Ursula's crafty mind was sure to put an end to those damn Huntsmen once and for all. They couldn't really do it without this woman's help either so she'd just have to deal with it. This Nasira woman, another witch of sorts among them. After they had finalized their plans, the body that they had found that was just about the size of that male witch hunter was dolled up with the gear that they had found in the hut. They went to different villages, stealthily starting a rumor about how the body was found drifting ashore and where it could be found now. No matter where they were hiding, that brunette was sure to act if she knew there was even a remote chance of finding her beloved brother. All they had to do now was lay low and wait for the perfect opportunity.

"Move." Cruella jumped slightly, an irritated expression growing on her face as she had been looking herself over in the mirror. The sun was just beginning to rise and she had been trying to make sure her wound closed properly. The hut they were in wasn't the biggest or the best but it got the point across for what they needed. A glare was shot towards the newer member of their little group but all she received in return was a grin. "Cruella darling, there's no need to look yourself over all the time like this. It's bad for your health. I think you're trying too hard when you're not even the prettiest one here." Nasira's voice was smooth and condescending as she looked down on the woman, her natural height being something she blamed her twin brother for. Not that he was around any longer for her to complain to but she had gotten her revenge. Oh how sweet it was too.

"Well, aren't you being so pompous this early in the morning. You'd better be worth all this annoyance." Cruella grumbled as she pushed past the woman to head back to the rooms. She went to check on Wendy while Nasira just chuckled and wandered the house again to find Ursula. Once the sea witch was in sight, the taller woman looked down on the sea witch as well with an amused look.

"This is certainly a group of raggedy brats, isn't it. It's no wonder you kept failing at getting rid of those hindrances. If I had been here, they would have been dealt with by now." There was an almost bored tone in Nasira's voice as her gaze moved to look her nails over. "Don't worry though. I'm sure your plan to lure them out will work and I'll take it from there. This little demon of yours won't have to kill you at all."

Last edited:

Sleep couldn’t be passed up on, no matter how much they should press on. The concoction Mim had given him early had worn off and he felt wiped out. The fact that he was standing and even had gathered firewood was a surprising feat. There was a small nod of agreement and he went and got one last load of firewood while she got she got it started. The warmth of the fire took away from the fact that he was on a jagged rock shoreline and no matter what he did, something was always sticking in his back. The fire took that away and once his body was warming up he drifted off in a sleep, not that it was very good. The night consisted of tossing and turning and he eventually wake up for a bit before he could fall asleep again. It was so frequent that he had seen Mim take off to get breakfast and even know he could hear her working on filleting the fish. A sigh escaped as he slowly pushed himself up, giving up on catching up on some rest. A part of him regretted that he had ever tried. His body felt like it was hit by a bus and was stiff.

“Hi.” he said groggily. A hand ran through his hair as he looked over the witch. The fish was eyed before he looked over the fire, which needed some more wood on it. “What did you catch?” A couple more branches were added to the fire and he blew on it to give it more life. The wood was almost gone, but there would be enough to get them through breakfast and then Hansel figured they’d be heading out shortly after that. The fire did wonders for warmth, but his clothes were still damp and he figured they’d stay that way with spray from the waves crashing on the shore.

Curled up in a comfy chair, Ursula watched the flames of the fire, reflecting on what happened that day. The break in her nose had been an easy fix and everything for the trap was set, just needed to wait now to pounce. The long haired one needed to feel the consequences of her actions. Images of what could end up happening to the three in Wonderland played through her mind over and over again until footsteps brought her out of it. The fire danced in the reflection of her eyes as she kept looking at it, not really in the mood to talk. A lot was riding on this and she couldn’t help fearing that they’d be unsuccessful one more time. Finally she tore her gaze from the fire and looked over the other woman, so confident in herself that these huntsman wouldn’t be a problem for her, just like how the five of them were when the set out.

“We couldn’t kill them until just recently.” Ursula pointed out dryly, not really in the mood. The demon was now on her mind and she regretted getting involved now. Revenge felt great, but now she didn’t see a way out. Exactly how long did she need to be of a service to him? The plan was a good one and she couldn’t wait to see the expression on the witch hunter’s face. “When you think these little birdies are going to fall into this trap?” she asked, sort of losing patience and no longer wanting to wait around. Thinking wasn’t exactly working in her favor as she was over doing it now.

┏━━━━━━━━┓
Madam Mim
┗━━━━━━━━┛
9uvss7.jpg
Despite the attempt to pay attention to whether or not the huntsman was awake, hearing his voice ring out still caused Morgan to jump slightly. The fish was almost dropped out of her hand but she caught it before it could hit the ground. A small sigh left her lips and she put her focus right back into gutting the fish next. "Morning." Hopefully he didn't notice her little fumble. One of the sticks was grabbed from the dwindling pile that Hansel had gathered so that she could slide the first fish through it. She didn't put it over the fire yet though since two fish could fit on the one stick so she went to start working on the next fish. "It's just haddock, nothing special. There wasn't much in the way of fish around here." Morgan shrugged lightly, almost immediately regretting the move as it caused her to cringe slightly. The wound from Cruella had been ignored most of the morning but it was starting to throb a bit.

The second fish was set onto the stick along with the first before they were placed in a spot over the fire; it was almost resting above it so they could start cooking. It was questionable if she could eat more than that honestly but she figured it would be better to have more than to not have enough. So she got started on filleting the next other two fish so that way they could even carry some with them if it wasn't eaten right away. What she really wanted was to stock up on her powders and mixtures again. It was almost nerve-wracking to not have them available, not that it showed she felt a little nervous. "How are you feeling?" She asked quietly, keeping her gaze on the fish though she did steal a glace his way.

⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹
"Hm, I wonder." Nasira rolled her eyes slightly, not quite convinced that they had killed anything more than a fly. There was no bodies recovered from the two that they had claimed to kill and until those bodies showed up, she doubted they were successful. The sorry lot hadn't been so far so why would now be any different? The next question made her shrug her shoulders slightly before looking over her shoulder for a moment. "Could be soon, could be never. I'm not them so I don't know how they're thinking. The sister of that huntsman wouldn't just let the idea of her brother surviving go though so I imagine it would be sooner rather than later. You should maybe, you know...well I guess that's useless anyway. Never mind." Nasira had eyed the sea witch up and down before wrinkling her nose slightly. She was going to suggest getting ready, making Ursula look more prepared as much as she could feel it. Then Nasira thought the better of it because there wasn't really a point for Ursula or Cruella to be here. They were ultimately useless.

The overly confident witch gave a wave to Ursula and left with another bored look on her face. Really, why couldn't one of them be some kind of handsome, useful man? Instead, they were two petty women trying to compete with each other and a child. Nothing more than a raggedy group that couldn't do anything. It was no wonder that the demon was threatening to kill them now. Nasira's thoughts stopped as did her body, dead in her tracks in the middle of the hall. Her eyes glazed over for a moment before a large grin spread across her lips. "Look alive, ladies. We've got company." She called out loud enough for both Cruella and Ursula to hear them. Nasira had set up a barrier the night before surrounding the hut, with just enough distance between them so that they could go into hiding when the time was right. The barrier was the type that would instantly send a calling of sorts whenever someone stepped through it; and the only ones that could go through it were the ones she wanted. Which meant that no outsiders could get through but the huntsmen could. "Your little problem is about to be taken care of." She added with a bit more excitement in her tone before she walked off to find the perfect spot she'd need to be in. The body was in a spot that could easily be found, she hid near it and masked her presence as well. She was more than just prepared for the brats to show up and even felt this was going to be far too easy.

Hansel glanced over his shoulder at the rocky shore and shrugged, not surprised there wasn’t much of variety out there. The fact that they had food was sort of surprising. He figured they’d have to back to civilization before he would get the chance to eat, not that it would matter. Hansel had no appetite at the moment, not that he would share that after she worked so hard to get breakfast. Besides, skipping meals when they had a chance eat properly wouldn’t be smart either. Luck so far hadn’t been on their side; best not make things worse with dumb acts, like not eating. The question caught his attention and he shifted his gaze to her and then the fish.

“I feel as good as anyone could after free falling off a cliff on zero sleep.” There was a slight chuckle, but he figured that he should give a real answer. Quit being such a smart ass when she was trying to be polite. “Bit sore, but been worse off.” It was an awkward topic, given her kind was responsible for those times he was worse off. “What about you?” he asked, turning the tables on Mim. “How are you holding up?” A hand gestured to her knee and shoulder.

“Don’t try to play it down.” he interrupted, figuring she was the strong stubborn sort. A lot like himself when it came to his own injuries. “I’ll know.” he bluffed. Hansel didn’t know Mim enough to know her tells when she wasn’t being fully honest, but at the same time he knew the wounds she was dealing with weren’t exactly

Ursula’s eyes lit up a bright purple for a moment, irritated by the woman’s arrogance. It was easy to stand there when everything was all said and done and say could you could have done better. Stand there as an outsider and criticize. An argument over these little worms wasn’t worth it and the sea witch only half listened to the rest of the conversation. The little innuendo only made her roll her eyes and to see the woman leave made her slightly smile. Nasira was a must for this plan to succeed, not matter how much of a pan in the ass she was being.

The plan had worked and Ursula perked up and was out of her chair to sneak off to her hiding position. Wendy would remain in her room until this was all over, not that was a bad thing. The little girl was becoming a nutter. Cruella was still fond of her, sort of, only reason she was allowed to stick around.

The body was on the ground in the first room, easy enough to find. The floor was scorched along with things being knocked over. The corpse burnt and mangled enough to make it unrecognizable, only the clothes being a giveaway. It looked as if the three had a good old time torturing the witch hunter and then off they disappeared. The trap was set and ready. The door creaked open and the first to appear was Rapunzel. The horror on the blonde’s face was priceless and a smile grew on the sea witches face. It was hard to contain herself, she wanted to strike now. The other two huntsman needed to be position before any of them could start acting out their plan.

┏━━━━━━━━┓
Madam Mim
┗━━━━━━━━┛
9uvss7.jpg
The sarcastic answer that was given caused Morgan to pause in what she was doing to look the hunter's way. Clearly it was a dumb question to have asked given the situation they were in. Maybe it wasn't so good either to try and talk; it wasn't like they were best buds or anything of the sort, which she knew without any doubts. So then why did she feel slightly disappointed? She brought her attention quickly backto the finish only to find she had already finished all there was to do with it. All that was left was to cook it and that wouldn't be until after the first two were done. Guess there wasn't much she could do anyway. Although hearing Hansel's continuation of the answer made her tilt her head some in thought. How had he been worse off than how he was after free falling from such a height? A curious thought that she tucked away with a small nod of her head.

As her mouth opened to answer the return question, it closed as quickly. How would he know if she downplayed her injuries? Morgan eyed him for a long moment before turning her gaze to the fish to turn them over. "I'm as fine as I can be." Which is what she wanted to leave it at but at the same time, his words played in the back of her mind. "...my shoulder hurts a bit, but my knee isn't as bad as it was yesterday. The salve really helped it." Admitting it made her feel a bit awkward so she kept her attention on the fish over the fire. They seemed like they were done enough, so she pulled them off and replaced them with the other ones that still needed to be cooked. "If I can get my hands on more ingredients, it should be fine overall though. I plan on looking for some along the way when we head out but I don't think I'll be able to find everything I need around here."

Very carefully this time did she shrug her shoulders like it wasn't a big deal even though it was quite the opposite. If she had her mixes, then the pain wouldn't be felt and it'd be easier to travel. Wishful thinking really. The fish on the stick in her hand was looked over to make sure it looked cooked all the way through, then held out towards Hansel. "Eat some. Even if you don't finish everything, you should eat something. Skipping meals is bad for your health." A lot of things she was involved in was also bad for health but that thought was pushed aside as fast as it had come.

⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹
"Rapunzel, don't just stand in the doorway." Gretel spoke a little impatiently from behind the blonde but she was starting to get a very bad feeling from all of this. Not that she didn't have one from the get go but it was becoming more prominent from the silence. Was Hansel really here or...? The question trailed off as she pressed past Rapunzel, Ariel following close behind her. The moment that she saw the body, she let out a terrifying scream as her eyes filled with tears. First she saw him fall off the cliff because of the witch, and now...now...how could this have happened? The one chance she thought she had to getting him back and now it was for sure. Her brother wasn't coming back. Gretel dropped to her knees as her hand covered her mouth to silence the sobs she felt coming. Not even Ariel's comforting hand against her did anything to settle all the thoughts swirling around in her mind. All she could see was the corpse in front of her; the corpse that had to be Hansel.

Ariel knew the feeling of losing someone close all too well. Seeing the witch hunter so distraught by the sight caused her to let out a silent sigh before she bent slightly. An arm wrapped around Gretel's shoulder and she held her tightly. She was trying to comfort the other woman but neither one of them noticed the haze that was beginning to form around them; just a blurry, almost mist-like haze floating around them. Not until the sound of someone whispering a chant under their breaths in a language that neither woman knew. As their gaze looked around them, an intricate, golden mirror appeared before them. At first the reflection was the huntsmen themselves but slowly the image began to distort; the louder the chanting became, the darker and more twisted the image became. In just a matter of a few seconds, a dark, twisted forest seemed to almost reach out to them. A flash of light shot out from the mirror and engulfed the whole room while the chanting seemed to cease altogether; the cries of surprise -or lack thereof in Ariel's case- was muffled until that too was snuffed out.

As the light faded away, neither the mirror nor the trio of women were in the room. Nasira stepped out from her hiding spot with a smug smile spread on her lips. Her eyes drew around the room before she glided over to close the door. "There. Your annoying little hindrances are taken care of. Viola." The tall witch did a little bow of sorts before laughing softly at her accomplishment. Where Ursula and Cruella failed, she had succeeded in a matter of minutes. "Now you can let the little demon know and he'll spare your lives this time around."

C3406057-1483544518531261large.jpg

The initial answer made him roll his eyes, though he suspected he deserved that slightly after his own comment. A truthful answered followed and he nodded silently and let the air fill with silence. Could she just find those little powders anywhere, though his train of thought went back to the time she gave him bee pollen. Now it all was making a little more sense, on how she came about her conations. These little pleasantries were over and it was never Hansel strength, small talk. Gretel normally handled people; he was too quick to get irritated. Mim, for the most part had been an exception, surprisingly. The fish was eyed strangle before his uncertain gaze lifted to meet hers. Could she read his thoughts? Not more than five minutes had passed since he had told himself he would need to eat.

“Thanks.” he said, warily. The fish was taken and he started eating it. Not to be wasteful, he finished eating the whole fish, but passed up on the second one. When they had both finished their meals he pushed himself up, groaning slightly realizing how truly sore he was from the fall. “To think, we were supposed to go on vacation instead.” he grumbled, shifting slightly to look over to the witch. “Ready to see the mess they left for us?” he asked, heading in the direction they needed to go. Hansel kept a pace that Mim could keep and even stopped whenever she wanted to collect things. Curiosity got the better of him and he started asking questions about what she was picking up and why. Made time go by and he was starting to become slightly intrigued about her little pouches she carried everywhere.

Wonderland had always been a peculiar place, a stretch even for the wildest imagination. Ever since the Queen’s abandonment, the land has become even more eccentric and savage. Adorlee ruled with an iron fist, though she had her faults and was by no way as graceful of a ruler as her sister, the land and its people had order. The day the Queen fell in love with a pair of red eyes, was the day Wonderland started to fall. Adorlee began to change for the worse and changed her name to the Red Queen. The kingdom soon grew to fear her as she had become a cruel ruthless ruler. Before she left for what she thought was a better opportunity and true love, she made everyone in Wonderland had a screw loose.

Alice Liddel was one of the many that attempted to stand against the Red Queen and paid a dear price. The little girl was to be alone forever in the savage world that Wonderland had become. As an example the girl was tortured until the Queen feared her body would give up. Afterwards she was locked in a cell with no windows and the only contact with the outside world was one the guard shoved her only meal a day through the slot in the door. Solitude did not do well for the young girl and her mind slowly became unhinged. Her close friends, not even the Mad Hatter, would dare cross paths willingly with Alice after she escaped the Red Queen’s grasp.

On the outskirts of the castle grounds is where Alice normally dwelled. The child is as wild as Wonderland, due to adapting to her surroundings. The three women caught her attention almost immediately and she was not happy about the intruders. A large croquet mallet was dragged behind her, it was covered in blood along with her clothes and matted blonde hair. Alice tilted her head to the side at the three women; one with extraordinary long hair was bickering with the brunette. Sounded like an argument a child would make, since basically the blonde was telling the other I told you so. Alice merely rolled her eyes before speaking loudly.

“State your business for being in Wonderland.” she demanded, the mallet being lifted over her shoulder as she spoke.

Madam Mim
2i1za8l.jpg
Once the second batch of fish were done being cooked, Morgan focused on eating one of them. She wasn't all that hungry and by the third bite she wanted to be done with it; she forced herself to eat the rest though since she had already given the advice to Hansel. What good would it serve to be a hypocrite and hardly eat? Her thoughts wandered to what kind of vacation Hansel had been talking about, or really for that matter what a vacation really was. She knew what it meant but she'd never done something like that so she wasn't entirely sure either. Not that she asked any questions, she just kept the curious thoughts to herself for now. The fish that was left over was wrapped in a large leaf she had been saving for travel purposes and set in one of her larger pouches that she tied across her back. Then the walking stick was grabbed and a nod given when he mentioned it being time to head out. They couldn't waste any daylight if they were to find the others.

It was a little annoying having to use the walking stick to support herself but Hansel never went beyond a pace that she could manage. He even paused whenever she did so that she could pick up the herb, leaf, berry, or other plant life that she tucked away in its respective pouch. It was surprising that he asked questions but she answered them all anyway. She told herself it was because it was a good time killer but the truth was, she actually felt pretty happy. This sort of thing never happened to her and the idea of a 'friend' was foreign to her. Yet here she was, opening up to someone even if it was for trivial things. It certainly left her with conflicted feelings. It had taken them longer to get back up to the plains that both led to the fishing village to the left and the rest of the world in all other directions. The cliffs were going to be avoided for some time as she didn't want to go anywhere near them again.

"Maybe we should stop by the village again and ask around about your sister. Someone might know something about where she might have gone or what happened after we fell." Morgan suggested quietly as she adjusted the walking stick again. Her free hand made a motion towards the village but even though it was her suggestion, she paused in her step. "Before we go..." there was a hesitance in her voice as she thought about being honest with him about everything. So far it hadn't been a bad thing opening up to him and he did risk his life for her. There was a quick internal debate she had with herself before she let out a small sigh. "There's something I want to tell you. It's...nothing huge or anything, I just...well..." the whole idea of it made her feel awkward since she'd never told anyone her real name before and here she was, contemplating telling him. "Um...you know, n-never mind. Forget I said anything." Morgan covered her face with her free hand for a moment to try to hide whatever embarrassed or odd expression might have been on her face.

⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹
Not even a couple minutes had gone by after the light faded away did Rapunzel begin to say 'I told you so'. One of the most irritating sentences in the entire world and the blonde was saying it now of all times. Gretel was irritated by the other woman and even though Ariel tried to stop them, the two got into a heated argument of sorts. Gretel wasn't going to back down when there would have been a chance her brother had been alive. She told both Rapunzel and Ariel that they didn't have to come with her and now she was being blamed for getting them in this mess. That was not going to go down. The tug against her sleeve by Ariel was ignored as she wasn't going to back down from the argument. Ariel had been trying to warn both women about the approaching girl but it was the girl's voice that stopped the argument. Gretel faced the girl with a cautious stance, eyeing her up and down more so when she noticed the blood.

"Wonderland?" The name was repeated and finally she looked around the area they were in. A castle to her right, a dark and dismal forest to her left. They were obviously not in the hut that they had just went to; did that have something to do with the chanting she had heard when they entered the house? Or maybe that white light...regardless, this was not good. "I'm sorry miss, we don't know where we are. We were trying to find my brother-" Gretel's voice stopped as a flash of the body came across her mind. She felt her body shake for a moment and had to fight hard to swallow down the urge to break down. "What...exactly is this place?" And how did they end up here was another question wandering her mind but one the girl probably couldn't answer.

C3406057-1483544518531261large.jpg

The time went by, surprisingly. Questions were a good way to take his mind off of other things, but that all came to an end when they reached the deserted hut. Gretel and the other huntsmen were nowhere to be found. On top of that, his weapons were also missing. Hansel let out a frustrated sigh, his weapons were one of a kind and not easy to replace. The room was examined one last time for any remaining weapons, but all he had is a few throwing knifes, his pistol and a bit of ammo. Hansel stepped back out onto the plain and looked over the witch. Mim’s suggestion was the best option, go back to town and see if he could track down his sister and he nodded in agreement.

“Sounds like the best option we’ve got at the moment.” Hansel started towards the village when she spoke up again and he slowly turned to face her, a bit unsettled. His mind imagined the worst, but he waited for her to tell him, whatever she needed to so suddenly. An are you serious look was sent her way when she tried to back out of whatever she wanted to say. In most cases, he wouldn’t have been so tactful, and demand that she spill. The embarrassment plain on her face wasn’t concealed as well as she thought and he took more of considerate approach. “Well now I want to know. What was it?” he asked nicely, trying his best to be approachable.

Annoyance was written across the young blonde’s face when Wonderland was repeated. Why were these strangers playing dumb? Did they think she wouldn’t know because she was a child? The mallet turned slightly in her hand, eying up the women and lingering on the trident. Alice tilted her head ever so slightly at the mention of a brother, the brunette seemed to choke on her words a bit, causing her brows to raise in question. Reading people wasn’t really her forte anymore and she always thought everyone had an ulterior motive, which in most cases in her past she’d be right. If only she had known not to trust those people then. A frown crossed her features, where they dumb? Not only a moment ago she had told them what this place was, but her features grew angry when the blonde spoke.

“Really Gretel, you want the little girl covered in blood with a giant mallet to fill us in on where we are?” The child was creepy, like a rabid wild animal, ready to pounce on them at any moment and bash their skulls in.

“You’re in Wonderland dummies.” she snapped, her soul focus on Rapunzel. The mallet started to sway in a threatening matter before she looked them all over. “Think I’m stupid enough to buy into this story. Who sent you, the Red Queen? What she couldn’t finish what she started?” Alice was now stepping closer to the three and it caused Rapunzel to step back and away from the child.

Madam Mim
2i1za8l.jpg
Morgan regretted ever bringing it up in the first place and figured she should have just kept her mouth shut. Maybe she was thinking too much about things since the facts were there; why would any of them ever consider her more than just a nuisance after everything that had happened up until now? Or maybe she was just being too hard on herself and there could be a chance. Unless...quickly shaking her head as it was starting to hurt a little from thinking so much in such a short time, she finally dropped her hand from her face. Hansel said he wanted to know, even sounded nice about it too. "Well..." there was still some hesitance in her voice but if the roles had been reversed, she probably would be persistent about it too. With a small, quick breath and a fast internal debate again, she decided to just say it.

"I've never told anyone this before, so...it's a little awkward for me." She scratched at the side of her cheek for a moment, her eyes anywhere but on Hansel. "Madam Mim is just an alias, as I'm sure you as a witch hunter know." Unless she happened to be a witch that just didn't want anyone else knowing who she really was. That could be true too but it was besides the point. "My real name...it's Morgan. I just wanted you to know, that's all." A glance was spared in his direction but she didn't let it linger any. She was still nervous about saying it in the first place so she started walking towards the village shortly after her words left her lips. Was it because she trusted him? Quite shocking given everything that happened but she couldn't help but feel that maybe, just maybe, she actually did trust him. An odd feeling indeed.

⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹ ⊹
"Well, do you see anyone else here? She's demanding why we're here and we don't even know where 'here' is!" Gretel huffed at Rapunzel, more than just a little annoyed by the situation at hand. It wasn't her fault that they ended up here...or maybe it was. Was it that group that sent them here? How could they even do such a thing in the first place? So many more questions came to mind and all Gretel wanted to do was curl up in a little ball and do nothing. Hansel was all she had left and now...tears prickled at her eyes still so she quickly wiped them away when the girl started talking again. Now wasn't the time to break down. Wonderland was repeated again but it didn't ring a bell to Gretel. Ariel just shrugged her shoulders when the brunette looked her way, having never heard of the place either.

"I already told you, I don't know how we got here. We were looking for my brother!" Gretel snapped back at the girl, her hands going for her guns when Ariel touched her hand. The redhead shook her head as if asking her not to do that. With an irritated sigh, Gretel stepped back from the girl and opened her mouth to say something. A twisted sort of laugh filled the air suddenly though, seeming to come from everywhere and no where at the same time.

"You might want to run or sweet Alice will kill you." A smooth, soft voice followed with a warning before more laughing echoed around them. Ariel stepped closer to the other women, clinging onto Rapunzel's sleeve as she looked around. Gretel kept her gaze on the girl, before looking towards Rapunzel. Either they stayed and likely got attacked by a defensive girl that wasn't listening or they followed the creepy as hell voice that just told them to run. Neither seemed very good, especially given how they had no idea where they were. At least if they ran, there was a chance that they might find answers.

"Let's go." Gretel made a motion towards the forest, given it could provide them with adequate cover. Ariel seemed to nod her head in agreement and she highly doubted Rapunzel would want to say. So without another word, she bolted in the direction of the forest with Ariel hot on her heels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back