• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Ahoy and shit, it's a fantasy pirate deal so read on
ahoy.jpg

The Pirate haven of Horso was once a Bullal navy outpost if you believe history. The legendary pirate Tras Horso raided the island maybe nine decades ago, a fearsome captain with great charisma and even grander plans for the future! A home built on the foundation of freedom and equality. Away from any governments taxes, laws and corruptions. A council of four esteemed captains formed and named the would be town after Tras for his accomplishments and vision...
horso.jpg

At present times however much has changed in the island and the town. (both called Horso)
Although a safe haven for most running from the laws of man and beastkin, a council of four still rule over Horso however these captains exhibit power and greed more so then any leadership. Demanding large tributes from any wishing to dock and taxing the inhabitants cruelly. The council of four is made up of the following...

Chief Farhk Ibil-
Given the title by captain Flame Ibil, Farhk was born on Horso and lived a spoilt life riding upon the success and power of his father. Everything came easy to Farhk... His talent for magic, the ladies, ordering his father's men to do his bidding. Although never committing any acts of piracy on the open seas, Chief Ibil continues his father's legacy by stealing off everyone who visits his hometown.

Captain Allie Jaarl-
The child born from a beastkin snake and human woman, none know Allie lived a sad life as a pariah in her home village for many years before retaliating against her tormentors. What is known is her magic is intoxicating as well as toxic, she has held a seat in the council the longest of anyone for good reason.

Captain Solomon Rockhold-
A mountain of a man who defected from the Bullal navy after being found guilty of illegal trafficking. His combat strength is as fearsome as his hobbies. Solomon was imprisoned for exactly three days before escaping his cell and leading a crew of incarcerated criminals to steal the wardens warship. Captain Rockhold was offered a seat after he killed the previous man to hold rank.

The Green Dragon, Jing Wak Toh-
The newest member of the council, Jing is a formidable captain from a eastern pirate faction calling themselves Dragons. It is unknown if each coloured Dragon is capable of Shapeshifting into a flying lizard capable of breathing magic... but Jing certainly can.

In small and large ways these four dictate life in Horso, the most recent "way" life changed on this island is the council and their forces trying to stockpile resources in their fort. Taking more food from the farmers, charging higher payment from each captain, the breaking point was probably Farhk Ibil's bandit clan demanding everyone's supply of grog... Needless to say a riot started and lasted for two days before the council was able to kill the would be rebal captains unwilling to pay tribute.

This is where our story begins.
The only ships left floating belong to the council. All the pirate captains opposed to the council have been hanged dead or killed in more creative ways.
You are a pirate or civilian stuck on Horso after the battle. Your captain is dead, your home destroyed, a call for revenge burns in your heart and soul.

You shall answer that call. The infamous demon twins Bo and Jay look to rally a resistance, more so they wish to forge a crew. A mighty force that can destroy the council and larger threats in the distance.
Mainly, the bullal navy and the Coloured dragons.
==========
fantasy pirate rp for a group. You might be able to guess the first Arc involves dealing with them named characters, apart from revenge and random adventure I have a fair bit of plot to work through so this can last as long as the auidence would like it to.

Magic is a thing, you have two choices.
First being you have no power but can use Runes and Artefacts to use various types of magic.

Second is more like avatar bending, boku hero quirks etc... a single power but you are unable to use Runes and most Artefacts.
So if Bob was born able to conjure and control fire, then Bob cannot use a orange rune for healing or a blue rune for water magic.

Most fantasy races are fine to join but may need a edit to fit the lore or overall rp.
Its generally humans and beastkin which are humanoid animals.
A Mermaid for example would be a ancestor to a elf and fish beastkin, able to live on land but generally better off in the ocean.

Post requirements is two paragraphs or more once a week.

Sound off below or ask questions

Last edited:
Pew

I am interested, though I must ask how funky we can get with the lore and such

I see soooo many of your interest checks around that I'm starting to get intertested in you.

Im just asking how set in stone everything is. Like if most of the stuffs planned out like a dnd campaign or if a lot of lores gonna be improved by our character sheets and such
The main arc would be hunting coloured dragons, that's sorta set in stone. The lore is kinda its own thing but yall can make up or adapt it. I'd only say edit or remove it if it seems to outrageous or game breaking.

On that note
Most fantasy races are fine to join but may need a edit to fit the lore or overall rp.
Its generally humans and beastkin which are humanoid animals.
Dr.Sturgeon Surgeon Dr.Sturgeon Surgeon i can't accept a half ton turtle monster.
Main reason is I don't want this to turn into one piece where a 5ft7 boy could flip a 20 ft man who weighs a ton...

But I've seen to many players who make the "never bends his knee" sort of monster and they ruin it somewhat by expecting to scare or chew through each and any threat.

But in game I can't see a dangerous monster joining a pirate ship where they would have to take orders and work for someone. Especially when it makes more sense for them to swim by themselves or attempt to run their own ship via fear.

I see soooo many of your interest checks around that I'm starting to get intertested in you.
Not sure how to take that, id suggest reading my checks instead of counting them cause thats what's interesting.

The fact i can shit out multiple decent stories ain't that great

Water bending? Hybrid peoples? Hell yeah I'm down.
totally interested!!
I am interested, though I must ask how funky we can get with the lore and such

Any info I can share to make the cs making any easier?
Personally I think we should all make a character that's different to the rest,
Mind you im not saying we need a human, elf, goblin, pistol shrimp etc... more along the lines of everyone has a different magic or way of dealing with problems.

Any info I can share to make the cs making any easier?
Personally I think we should all make a character that's different to the rest,
Mind you im not saying we need a human, elf, goblin, pistol shrimp etc... more along the lines of everyone has a different magic or way of dealing with problems.
it might not be a bad idea to draw up some vague roles differentiating their backgrounds, which could lead to a natural variety of species, skill sets, and personality types!

Fair enough, I'll edit the cs to include something like "desired role on ship and why" or something.

Aside from obvious things like cook and doctor...could make a runemaster/enchanter who uses runes and creates Artefacts.
Slymaster general who gathers information and is something of a spy.

But yall are free to come up with shit, most shit is fine unless its laser cannons and machine guns, or something obviously game breaking

Sounds interesting.
I like the idea of using runes like nordic runes or the in lore version of that.

Sounds fun! I've been wanting to play a doctor/healer of some sort for a while.

So rocks of different colours do different things? Can probably come up with some idea with stones and crystals.

No idea as I've never seen that, runes in the simplest explanation is a single use source of mana.

A red rune has fire mana but the person using it determines what fire magic happens with vocal instruction/chanting and overall magic skill.

Different colours have different magic,
Blue is water, green is nature, a different green may be poison. Shits crazy

Oh OK, that is actually similar to dust. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or anything, but there are some interesting ideas that could expand your universe. Here's a link if you wanna check it out: Link

Question though, if they are single-use, do they recharge over time, or its a one-and-done situation?

Oh OK, that is actually similar to dust. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or anything, but there are some interesting ideas that could expand your universe. Here's a link if you wanna check it out: Link

Question though, if they are single-use, do they recharge over time, or its a one-and-done situation?

A rune generally won't regenerate but they grow and form in different places all over in fair amounts.
Dig at the beach to find yellow runes for sand or rarer orange runes for healing...
Search the bottom of rivers and in the ocean for blue runes etc
Depending on the type and colour they pop up everywhere.

Though some are much more common than others, itd be much easier to find and stockpile sand or fire runes then say gravity or teleportation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back