• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Sora looked Megumin misunderstood. “No, Lucky’s not hurt or anything, he’s just under pressure is all.”

Later everyone is gathered to learn about the portals and why they’ve been appearing, FL4K mentions how bandits are joining together, raiding the Crimson Riders spots. “That’s horrible.” He continues until Zane and Moze take over.

“So what you’re saying is that the bandits want to revive some bandit king, and we need to find these Ribcage guy to get confirmation? ”

Moze tells the gang if they’re ready to capture Ribcage. “Let’s do this.” “I’m in.”

Open for interaction.

CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

"No! Ick! I don't want anything that you're supposed to keep inside your body!" Megumin protested with a grimace, shielding her side from any blood dripping out with her cape. When Heather dropped them, Megumin's first instinct was to kick them as far from her as possible.

The fright-fest only continued with some kind of demon appearing in the room, only to be frozen by Heather, who immediately branded him as "Ribcage", with the exact speed and stubbornness Megumin herself had as she labeleld her Chomusukes. The archwizard braced herself with her cape, jabbing at Robcage with her staff. "Begone, foul being! We have enough on our plates without you!"

Space Buddha Space Buddha

𝐸𝑙𝑖𝑧𝑎𝑏𝑒𝑡ℎ

As she hid behind Minako, he noticed her and came over, trying to stare into her eyes. And he did, for all of two seconds, which gave her the feeling of... let's just say, it's a feeling she never wanted to feel. She looked away, trying to not make any further eye contact with the scary man.

Thank God that the woman that people called a Siren stepped in when she did, reprimanding him about taking too much money. The woman had a point, the money was for all of them, even if others didn't wish to take it. Pandora may have been not the best planet from what she experiences and heard so far, but at least there was some sort of rule agreed upon by probably the most sane group on the planet: share the rewards.

Listening to the plan that was suggested by the not-raccoon (she didn't want to refer to him as a raccoon, it seemed to strike an unpleasant chord in him), she didn't know what to do. She couldn't fight, that much was obvious, but she still wanted to help. And then, the mention of the lookout and/or backup team came up and maybe there, she'd end up being useful. "
I-I would like to be on the other team. The lookout and/or back-up team since I'm not a fighter." She then continued to stay behind Minako, hoping that she'd be safe behind her while waiting for everyone else to say where they were going to go.

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore , Thepotatogod Thepotatogod , everyone else
Good thing that the guy complied, otherwise if he did anything as of this moment... it was never going to end well for him. Hell, she would've just gave him another punch in the face just for what happened on the bus and what he would've done had she not mentioned something about the money. She really would've wanted to help back on the bus, but couldn't due to holding a sleeping Heather, and that whole situation struck a chord in her.

What that chord was, it was her secret and hers alone unless she felt like wanting to tell.

Skye then watched Rocket get kind of triggered by the lab comment Zane made and point his gun in his face. There seemed to be something there that brought him bad memories and if he felt like sharing if she asked, it would be nice. With how angry it made him? She doubt that would ever happen. "
Rocket, put the gun down, there's only one of you and a shitload of them. Plus, shooting each other isn't gonna get you guys anywhere closer to home."

The gun was put down and she listened to his plan. It was a good plan, one that could get them through the mission without anyone getting injured. "
That's a pretty good plan, Rocket." She did have a suggestion though, one that may help them even more. "I do have a suggestion though. We could have a distraction team, just to get their attention while the main team gets in undetected and, hopefully, take them and the others out without anyone noticing." She looked at the Vault Hunters and everyone else. "Sound like a good idea?"

When Rocket suggested taking FL4K's eye, she laughed a bit. He really seemed to be determined on getting the eye and it was that kind of determination that she liked to see in anyone. "
Rocket, taking his eye isn't gonna end well. Plus, he's not gonna let you unless he's got a backup." Her attention turned towards Lilith and thought of a few names right off the bat. How she was able to do that, let's just say a few... unsavory people on Promethea weren't told the truth about her name. "Well, take your pick. There's Alicia, Maria, Marisha, Jane, Artemis. Though, if we go to Promethea at any point, don't use any of those names, I've already used them. Probably use the name Alessa or Laura, I never used those names on that planet."

Looking at Heather and the other little girl, she sighed. "
Heather, I don't think she's warming up to the idea of being given a ribcage. It was a nice effort though. And it's fine, you're just trying to make friends, but that only works with the local population and anyone in the group who's a bit insane."

thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore , ConnorOfficials ConnorOfficials , Space Buddha Space Buddha , CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow , P PopcornPie , everyone else

"Oh OK. I guess it's ride time now." Fluffington the Mighty states as she is retrieved and returned to her spot on Nearl's head. "At least the view is amazing." Fluffington the Mighty gently kneads the Kuranta's head to make herself more comfortable, then rests her chin with a sigh, her tail gently flicking back and forth. "I'll leave the walking, and navagating, and..." Fluffington the Mighty yawns, "talking to you... I'll take care of the napping..." The shiny Eevee yawns again and dozes off.
Fluffington the Mighty used Rest!
Riven Riven CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow

Natasha blinks. "So, you're saying...we're supposed to replace this 'familiar' of yours?"

glac13.png
She glares at Megumin. "That's a bit insulting, you know. Calling someone the name of something else '3' or '4' is degrading and makes it sound like you consider us disposable."

"Call me by my real name. Natasha."
She points toward her mother. "And that's Julia."

. . .

esp2.png
"There's just one problem," Julia comments after Skye offers her idea. "Making a big enough distraction to actually help the extraction team is going to bring down at least half the bandits in the place on you. So a distraction team would need their own getaway team. And the more complicated we make our getaway, the higher the chance something will go wrong."

P PopcornPie (Megumin) TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher (Skye) @meeting

"So you need your getaway to be as simple as possible, is that right?"

The Doctor steps forward, petting Flufington as he rests on Nearl's head, much like a cunning villain stroking his cat.

"I never realised Nearl was this tall. I can help with that."

Thinking for a bit, he suggests, "what if there was some way to distract the bandits without alerting them to us? In many contexts, that is possible, but we will need the right means."

LilacMonarch LilacMonarch P PopcornPie TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher Ineptitude Ineptitude Riven Riven Critic Ham Critic Ham DerpyCarp DerpyCarp

Benedict would attempt to run away from the guards, dragging Michigan as fast as he could before following everyone to a briefing room, where they learned they had to catch this guy named Ribcage
Ah....an extraction mission, I see, I have a plan....if we plant a bomb by the front entrance and light it....he’ll come running right out.
He would say aloud to the group
CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow
@ everyone else​

"Natasha. Julia. Okay." Megumin replied, a fair bit disappointed. "Well, I know I'm gonna find that rabbit, anyway, with old friends at my side!" Then she turned her attention back to the plan.

"I'm so sorry. Were I not brought down to a worthless puffmaker, I could singlehandedly create a distraction with a big Explosion." She remarked tearfully, looking down at the floor. "Hm..." Perhaps she'd been looking back on Blood Gulch a bit too much, but maybe one of the experiences would help them out on this one. With certain aspects of the story changed, of course. "We were storming the Blue base, and the Red Team leaders drove their Warthog right into the wall of turrets, which turned them all on us while the Blu-I mean, Solo team could make their way to the Blue office. And then we all fought the turrets ourselves! We could do that, right?" Then she remembered that Chomusuke was a major part in that plan being successful, and fell sad again. "Then again, if Chomusuke isn't on our side anymore, then we'll have nobody to chew up the wires and disable them..."

LilacMonarch LilacMonarch @Strategics

While talking to the Crimson Riders, Sora & Dani see their friends making a plan to ensure capturing Ribcage succeeds.

“They’re making a distraction plan? Not bad. I can probably go invisible and carry him out of there.” “Maybe so. But it still may be a good idea to come with just in case something goes wrong.” The two walk over to the group to contribute their piece of the plan.

“Hey, we heard you guys were making a plan and were wondering if we can help out?” “Basically, I turn invisible, go inside to get Ribcage seriously, such a stupid name, and we get out of there.”

TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore P PopcornPie LilacMonarch LilacMonarch Crow Crow @RibcagePlanners

Anna's Mind.

"Indeed. An agreement."

Anti-Anna pours some black liguid into a cup and offers Julia it.

"To your inevitable exit from our mind."

Princess Anna

"We will need some people to handle the um.... Bandits....."
She shivered, thinking of her second personality and her murderfest. "You guys can clearly handle them! Right? Right?"

LilacMonarch LilacMonarch

@EveryonePlanningOnTacklingThisRibcage.

Lilith and Kirby
Lilith.pngKirby.png
Lilith was chilling with Kirby for a while now and was getting bored, unlike Kirby who was having a blast with the quadruped. "Hey Kirby." Lilith tapped him on the top of the head, this got his attention so he looked over to her. "Poyo?" Kirby says with a confused look. "You wanna do something else, it's kinda boring here." Kirby nods and follows Lilith before waving goodbye to the quadruped. While they were leaving Lilith overheard Dani talking about something she may be planing, she floated over to her and Kirby followed after. "Hey Dani, what'cha talking about?"

Interactions:
Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts (Dani)

As soon as Sora and Dani were telling their part of the plan, Anna comes in to say they still have to worry about the bandits.

“That’s why I said I’ll go invisible and get him out. We won’t be seen the whole time. Then again I stop his mouth... unless I overshadow him!” This was sounding like a good plan, but Sora has to remind her that it’s not a perfect plan.

“Let me stop you right there. Whoever this is has a point, you may be able to take care of Ribcage, *Kmm*” Sora tries his best not to bust into a fit of laughter. “Sorry, but, she’s right. While.. y’know, may be taken care of, the bandits may find out and try rescue him; and we can’t risk another bandit outbreak.”

While Sora breaks down Dani’s plan, Lilith appears again to greet her ghost friend. “Oh, hey Lilith. We’re talking about how we need the help of this guy called.. Ribcage sorry, I threw up in my mouth just thinking about it, to help us get home.”

ConnorOfficials ConnorOfficials PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore P PopcornPie Crow Crow LilacMonarch LilacMonarch @RibcagePlanners

Lilith and Kirby
Lilith.pngKirby.png
“Well I’m completely on board with this because I want to get out of this dumpster fire as soon as possible.” Lilith turns to Kirby and asks if he agrees, he nods as a reply, wanting to see his friends again. “Yeah I knew you would.” She says patting him on the head. “By the way I’m just gonna go out on a limb here and believe that we gotta kill something to help out this Ribcage guy because apparently that’s how we solve all our problems here.”

Interactions:
Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts (Dani)

Last edited:
"I'd really like to help with Ribcage, and whatever else needs to be killed to reach him!" Megumin shot her hand into the air. "With the amount of EXP we'd gain, my brain could find the strength to heal itself fully in an eye-blink! Only problem is, paradoxically, with my brain still mending itself, I lack the power to kill anything, meaning I cannot get the EXP I need to get strong enough for my brain to heal itself in time..." She stared blankly at her Zooka, wondering what Mao Mao would be saying. Or Samus, for that matter. "They'd probably be all, 'This doesn't stop you, Megumin! You did it before, and you can do it again!'...But I'm not sure if I could do it again. At least I didn't have my powers at all the first time. Here, even though it would be catastrophic, I just feel tempted to try using them anyway...One doesn't take magic from an archwizard, give it back to her, and then expect her to keep herself from using it..." She stuck her fingertips in her mouth. "Can anyone teach me any more physical combat? That's what Mao Mao was trying to do, but I didn't get to learn very much. He was even going to give me my own sword, but alas, Samus didn't trust that I wouldn't scoop out my own liver or something."

(Roasted Ribcage Rabble: Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts ConnorOfficials ConnorOfficials PolikShadowbliss PolikShadowbliss LilacMonarch LilacMonarch Crow Crow TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher jigglesworth jigglesworth thatguyinthestore thatguyinthestore

“Yeah, we find Ribcage, we get a clue to help us go home. Now who’s this little guy?” Dani said reverting attention to Kirby.

“Well she’s gonna gonna be busy with her again. Well now what?” Sora looks to Megumin running her mouth about brain damage and learning how to fight without magic.

“I don’t know who a Mao Mao or Samus is, but y’know Megumin. I can help out with training you how to defend yourself, even though I’m decent at best when it comes to fighting hand to hand.”

ConnorOfficials ConnorOfficials P PopcornPie

--Minako Arisato--
OST: Troubled
Color:#FF69B4
Money: $1500
Equipment:
Gun 1- The Buttplug
Gun 2 - Nebula
Shield - Mr. Caffeine
Interaction: CocoaMarshmallow CocoaMarshmallow TheElenaFisher TheElenaFisher @FactionGuerrilla Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts P PopcornPie @SEES 2: LABYRINTH BOOGALOO @Ribcage Gang

"Oops." Minako simply said as it appears that the robot, Ian, also approached her due to her taking more money than expected. She complies, although a bit bitter. After she had done so, Minako began to look through the boxes for any more weapons to have, discarding the shield that Abraham gave her for an objectively better shield. Since as she was digging through the boxes, it was clear that there AREN'T no polearms, which means she has to change her fighting style drastically. She's not used to guns, but maybe she could ask someone to teach her.

Maybe the little child that did the big explosion back at the Bandit Fight, or...In worse case scenario, the creepy old guy that scared Elizabeth a couple of times, even earlier when he stared at Elizabeth for no reason. Luckily, Ian was there to grab his attention away from her.

Anyway, back to the guns, she managed to find some which had blades on them. She's more comfortable with blades. One of them's a pink pistol, so that's a plus on her book. After procuring the guns, she began to wait for the meeting to begin...

--<{??/??--[Evening]}>

Moze began the meeting by stating how they wounded up in this world--by some strange purple portals that took them from their worlds. That much is obvious enough. However, what they didn't know before is what caused those portals. According to the beast tamer android, FL4K, the portals emerged using some kind of throne-like artifact. At least, that's what their sources tell them. The only thing they're sure of is that the only one who knows about the artifact truly is Ribcage, which the Vault Hunters are working on capturing.

"No questions, sir." Minako nodded, understanding the mission in its whole. As for knowing how well she'll do, she'll just have to wing it.

"Oh! Forgive me." Megumin replied apologetically. "After I was returned to my own world and discovered that I was crippled-the hard way, might I add-a black cat man named Mao Mao came to my rescue! Were it not for him, I would have been wolf chow, as my staff can attest!" She ran a finger along the numerous bite marks across her staff. "I almost convinced myself that Chomusuke-the original one-had evolved, just to save me. Seeing as I couldn't safely use my magic, and my friends were nowhere to be seen, we both knew that I couldn't survive in my own world. I was brought to some place called the Cape, and met his partner, Samus. She's not a cat, though. She's this really tall blonde woman, kind of like Darkness, with turquoise-ish eyes. She wanted to teach me hand-to-hand, while Mao Mao wanted me to learn melee. I'm not sure which is best for me, though, because I always put all my EXP points into my Explosion..."

When Sora offered to mentor her, Megumin brightened. "Sure! I could use anyone's help at this point. Especially up against Ribcage."

Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts @Roasted_Ribcage_Rabble

• Megumin got very insulted at Price calling her a child, even though... she is a child. She says her being short doesn't make her a child, but she looks like a child in every other way, too. She also tries bringing up her surviving Blood Gulch as a proof of competence. "What exactly did you do to help in Blood Gulch, then?" he asked, hypothetically. Surviving doesn't mean you weren't at risk, nor does it mean she helped them win. The kid then tries to make her "explosion," only puffing out a little spark from her palms. Getting dizzy immediately afterwards, Megumin falls back. "You're not helping your case right now, kid. This ain't Blood Gulch, whole new ballpark out there." Clearly, his stance did not change, despite her display.

The crazed man from the bus walked into the room, grabbing cash from the chests, and being a general nuisance again. Price noticed Elizabeth hide behind her friend, Minako, then he turned his gaze back to the man. He approached Elizabeth again, doing his creepy sex offender thing, but soon after backed off. Well, certainly no one wants him here, but he's not doing anything that requires intervention at least. For now, anyways. Price is sure he'll fuck something up, and when he does, the Captain will deal with it.

Megumin brings a kid, named Sora, over to see Price. He nods to the kid, "Small multiverse," and gives him the good ol warm, teddy bear smile, stopping short of messing Sora's hair. The two walked a little ways over to speak, but the Captain had other things to attend to.

The Veteran grabbed a gun from the chest, a Hyena SMG, apparently made by "Dahl," and featuring a suppressor. He grabbed some ammo for it, and threw the strap around him. Having three weapons is better than one, and having an SMG will be nice in close quarters. Something long range like a sniper could also be useful, but when you're on the move, like he expects them to be, it's less likely to be as useful. Price would rather get up close and infiltrate instead of staying behind. Unless he had Gaz with him. Then that muppet could do the dirty work.

Once everyone was here, Moze and the other started the briefing. A few particular things of note. For one, these portals are happening all across the galaxy. They can track areas of high and low portal activity, and predict when one is going to show up. Hence how they knew to send Axton and Salvador to Skull's Settlement. The current theory, from the minds of the bandits themselves, is some kind of throne relic. "Spot on," Price said to FL4K, who must not be used to swearing. Their efforts to extract information from bandits via torture have proved mostly fruitless, something John isn't surprised about. Seeing those maniacs? Masochists, probably. Ribcage, the powerhouse of the bandit clans, claims that the power of the relic can revive their former leaders, the "Calypsos."

Finally, they got to the main point of the briefing. The mission. They are to join four of the Vault Hunters in raiding Ribcage's compound, which is filled to the brim with bandits and other such unpleasantness. Well, it's a start, they'll have to expound on the plan more. Some didn't care to, but thankfully, others did. One was that talking raccoon, who made some valuable suggestions. Having an overwatch would be great, and extraction at the ready would save their lives no doubt. Another talking animal, not one he recognized, suggested picking the right folks for the extraction team, which Price agreed with wholeheartedly. Skye, the Siren with a beanie, suggested a distraction team. Something to draw the bulk of the raiders out while the infiltrators get in, find Ribcage, and extract him. Though, someone pointed out a few flaws with that team.

"This is shaping up to something competent, folks. Julia's right, distraction team will bring all the attention on them. But after seeing the display in Skull's Settlement, if we get those same people to keep those raiders busy, we'll make it work. Lookout can provide supporting fire to the distraction team, and overwatch for infiltration. Infiltration will sneak in, over the walls 'round the back. We'll locate Ribcage, make our way to him, and do it quietly. We can't reveal our position, or we'll be writing our wills under heavy fire. Grab suppressors, they'll make things hell of a lot easier. Once he's located, we'll subdue the bastard, and bring him out for extraction."

Price turned over to the balding Canadian. "There's little room for error in an extraction, which means we can't have a muppet fucking it up. If you can't keep your mouth shut, you'll have to make do on another team," he spoke as he usually does, despite the harsh language Price used. He then turned to the others. "I've been on dozens of these ops. If we all play our part, and we do it right, we'll get out the other end of this with a bandit in our hands."

"Hmph! I'd say I was at least instrumental in keeping spirits high!" Megumin barked back. "I still hand a hand in the demise of Me-I mean...Mr. Blue Team Leader! Didn't you see me with the grenades? Or the missile launcher?" She pretended to aim her Zooka at Price, a determined look in her eye. "I know what to do with these kinds of items! All I need to do is maintain a steady aim, and POW! Plus, nobody came to recapture me, so that must mean that they're all too afrai-Oh! Oh, shoot!" She lost her bloodthirsty stance when her staff threatened to fall to the floor, making her lean over on one foot to catch it.

Despite her defiance, she still listened closely to Price's suggestions, trying to figure out where she'd come in. Nobody told her what went down in this "Skull's Settlement" place, but could only assume that Chomusuke had a part in it. "But we don't have Chomusuke..." She pointed out softly. "Chomusuke could get around quickly, and work his way into small spaces. He could have assisted in the infiltration by spying or something. I'd do that, but I've never had much faith in entering a dungeon by myself. If it really is too risky for me to help with extraction, and I'm unable to provide a proper distraction, then perhaps I would be the best as a lookout. They say I have a keen eye, and this busted brain hasn't changed that!" She winked.

jigglesworth jigglesworth @Roasted_Ribcage_Rabble

Last edited:

• _________________________________________________________________________________
    Heather:
    _________________________________________________________________________________

--"I... BELIEVE... I... AM... BEGINNING... TO... UNDERSTAND... THIS.... WOULD... YOU... APPRECIATE... IF... I... WAS... YOUR... DISTRACTION... MOTHER..?"--

Heather looked up at Skye, leaving her "minion" at Moze's feet. He at this point got up, and was looking around, squinting and shielding himself from the sunlight.

"So... I'm just gonna, get outta here. That cool?"

He would not await a response from the soldier before moving to the shadiest, most secluded region he could find as fast as possible.

“Heh. I guess so” Sora give Price a smile as he ruffled her hair but also was surprised to hear Megumin mention the Cape, a place that was supposed to be behind the spotlight.“Wait, you know about the Cape? Maybe this is a small universe.”

Back with Dani she would be too busy cuddling with Kirby to pay attention what’s going on around her. “Hi. You’re adorable aren’t you, you little bubble gum.” She said while rubbing his cheeks. “Sorry, got a little carried away there.”

jigglesworth jigglesworth ConnorOfficials ConnorOfficials P PopcornPie

"That's what Mao Mao called it! He said he was interested in the multitude of people showing up in their own dimensions, and-Oop!" She clapped her hands across her lips. "Oh, was I not supposed to talk about the Cape, either?! Oh, no!" Droplets of sweat wasted no time in cascading down the now embarrassed girl's face. "Oh, no, oh, no..." She stared wide-eyed at everyone in the room. "Now everyone here knows...I guess I have to get my Explosion back to full power now, huh, while there's time to prevent word from getting out?" She bit her lip. "Say it isn't so, I like most of these people!"

Atomic Chucklenuts Atomic Chucklenuts @Roasted_Ribcage_Rabble

Interactions: @LookoutTeam

Naoto Azuma/Tiger Mask
Despite Naoto unable to fight against armed opponents, he chose to join the lookout team as he wants to fight later if they are not armed. He spoke one of his teammates about his reason for joining the team.

"Hey, guys. I'm looking forward to joining this team and the reason that I am joining this team is that fighting against armed opponents is my weakness. If there is no one holding a gun then I go in to fight them. Otherwise, I will be joining this team as it fits with my weakness. I'm sure that we might get along just fine." He said happily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back