• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunters of the Supernatural

This world doesn't need a hero; it needs a professional.

Name: Soren Helstorm (actually Helstrøm)
Alias: Monster
Nickname(s): don't. you. dare.
DoB: April 13th
Species: Mutant

Height: 6'3 ft
Build: athletic, mesomorph
Hair Color: black
Eye Color: sulfur yellow
Other: well... his mutation, obviously...

Personality:
Straightforward and blunt, Monster isn't someone to be particularly worried about coming off as offensive or insensitive. He prefers to work alone, prefers not to engage in smalltalk and most likely won't share much of a tragic, personal story with anyone. He does, however, have a somewhat short fuse and won't bother hiding his annoyance.

He has the highest success rate of all hunters of the Monster Control, though he shares this position with his ex partner Gordon, according to him, "an arrogant prick without any kind of conscience".

Although it might not seem like it at first glance, despite his distant and gruff behavior, he's proven to be fiercely protective of the rookies he's been told to work with and won't hesitate to move heaven and earth for the safety of his partner. After the fiasco with Gordon years ago, he just prefers to not get emotionally attached; without even noticing that he in fact does exactly that.

Other:
The basilisk poison should have killed him, but he was saved by a vampire he has a close, personal connection to (and hates it). The combination of the poison and the vampire bite led to a row of mutations:

- Two long horns protruding from his forehead
- Sulfur yellow discoloration of his eyes
- Animalistic fangs, claws and ears
- A tail bearing a deadly, razor sharp bone blade
- A resistance to all kinds of poison and venom

- A condition he has come to call "arbitrary power shifting":
Whenever he sleeps, his skin changes to a new, random color, connected to a random power-

Blue - healing factor
Gray - generating electricity (doesn't come with a resistance to electricity!)
Orange - emitting sunlight (very prone to giving himself massive sunburns...)
White - invisibility (with closed eyes only...)
Black - seeing in the dark. Only.
Green - creating a sentient clone
Purple - no sense of smell

Basilisk's Chewtoy

Monster.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
d09e315946460a8ad7f9ffa356884c38.jpgCougar.jpg
(Neither are my images and both belong to two different people, but I am unsure on who. Left is Brandon, right is Cougar.)

Human Name: Brandon Gate

Race: Demon- Deadly sin embodiment of Lust. (He is not at the role of Lust himself. He is the replacement for the next Lust, so he is powerfuller than a normal demon, but weaker than a deadly sin that has gained a power boost by the King of Hell)

Nicknames: Lust, Scumbag, Asshole, Cheater, generally any negative name tends to be his nickname.

Abilities: Shapeshifting (limited to only human forms), Item summoning (Limited to what he owns in the demon realm), Teleportation (short distances- takes lots out of him on the surface), Pyro magic, Shadow magic (only works in real dark places)

Other things to know: He does have an amplifier demon that allows him to have the amount of abilities that he got. The demon is a small cat-like demon of black tar that he named Cougar. Cougar can speak simple sentences and perform basic tasks. He also appears to lack the ability to feel pain, use magic, and understand complex ideas. Cougar resides inside Brandon, where Brandon can take him out of his body if he desires but he will lose his ability to teleport, perform shadow magic, and summon large items. Cougar is not a naturally formed demon but instead a stolen item from someone rather important down in hell, so finding a demon like him is pretty hard to find.

Stepping off the small American Airline Passenger Plane, a man with what appeared almost like slicked back dyed silver and black hair passed through the gate and stopped for a moment off to the side with his phone in hand. His attire was.. Not quite flattering, to say the least. With black skinny jeans, a leather belt, black shoes, a slim button down with the first 2 buttons open to reveal the man's pale chest, and a open blazer, he appeared like he was going to go on a leisure job interview that his daddy was making him do. It didn't help that he had a smug look on his face, and the faint smell of sweat being slightly more pungent than his cologne. It made for an awful mixture, but those that were not close enough to him did not smell it. After tapping a few things on his phone, he turned it off and shoved it into his front pocket.

'They said hostesses were the best to taint, but that one, fuck.. I'm glad for my immunity for once.' he thought, but such disdain was not apparent on his face. Walking on ahead with his hands lacking any carryon, he gave a loud yawn. Ahh, first day on the job, and already he just wanted to pounce on anything he could see. Sadly, such a matter would not be acquired. Not when he had to be a good civilian.. And a human at that.

While he appeared to be merely a handsome 6 foot tall man that was more or less in college, underneath a fine mist that could only be seen by even the weakest of Hunters was a man that was far from human. With pointed ears, teeth that put a shark's beautiful smile to shame, two small buds for horns, this so called 'human' was quite horribly a demon. While he did house better looks than some of the extremely gruesome, twisted bastards in the underworld, it was still offsetting how a creature like him, a creature of Lust, was able to walk around humans like he was one of them. Worse yet, this demon was not the only one like him in the small airport. There was others, ranging from Siths and Familiars all the way up to angels and ghouls. They all had that extremely fine mist to hide them from the naked eye. Due to them all causing zero trouble, and either were following their masters or going to their next gate, no hunter would think to attack them in broad daylight like this.
Carrying on with his travel, this replacement for the deadly sin of Lust that gone by the name of Brandon Gate reached the escalators, and hopped right on them. Literally. He didn't step on but instead hopped right on and luckily landed on a step without tumbling down. The humans in front of him jerked in anticipation for the colliding, but they soon relaxed and instead kept an eye on him.

'Good. They shouldn't be too relaxed, not when it's so tempting to grab you up and eat every part of you.' Brandon thought smugly, as he gave a wink to a lady. She seemed disgusted by his actions, enough so she flipped her head away and watched their downward descent. Brandon huffed, brought out his phone again, and began to check over the mission statement.

The big guy above, though not the hideous man in the sky, had agreed with him joining a mission. While there was apprehension, as they could tell he was some type of demon, a quick speech about how this shall 'better him as a future member of society' worked wonders on the dimwitted man. The mission was simple: there was a supposed Chupacabra on the hunt that had moved from feasting on goats to feasting on young children. They had to annihilate it. And by they, it wasn't him and his hidden pet demon Cougar. No, no. No one knows about Cougar, and he would like to keep it that way. Instead, the old geezer wanted him to have a partner to 'show him the ropes' of a more dangerous mission that went beyond fucking around with a banshee or some lost soul. It pissed him off to no end that he had to pair with some guy named 'Soren' to hunt down the Chupacabra. As much as the geezer said that the man had a rough past, all Brandon could think about was the possibility of this 'Soren' guy being some annoying angel.

'Ahh fuck, don't think about it. Let's find him, get on the road, and get to the address of the guy that tipped us.' Branden hopped out of the escalator and headed on off towards the doorway of the airport. 'This better get Satan's attention. If I can't prove I'm worthy of my upcoming role, he'll definitely replace me.' Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out his phone and dialed the number that should hopefully be of Soren's number. He pressed it up against his ear as he stepped outside and took in the scenery.

For a small airport, not too far off was a large city that went by the name of Salt Lake City. While smaller than most cities in the United States, Salt Lake was the largest in Utah, and had some mighty fine skyscrapers. Too bad the mountains not too far away from the city made them all appear to be dwarves. The air was also fresh, and lacked the usual distinct smell of burnt gasoline and iron. With all the trees both surrounding the city in within, the air was well filtered. It was actually both a nice looking and smelling city, and from the looks alone there was not many supernatural beings that were aiming to stay here. It almost looked like most were leaving this place. While he may of made an observation, Brandon was more worried about the ringing tune against his ear.

"Come on, you angelic fuck, don't blue ball me." he whined on the other end of the line, not thinking of the possibility the person he was cursing about could be nearby him, or have not arrived at their meeting place yet.

"Sir, watch out!"
Too late.
Before he could dodge, the massive paw of a yeti had smacked the hunter in the head and off his feet. After a short moment of going airborne, he crashed into the next cooling shelf, where he remained, unmoving, for just a moment before he straightened up with a low groan.
Today, he was blue, which meant that collisions like this wouldn't kill him, but they still fucking hurt.
"Why are you still here?", He grunted at the shop assistant who had called the Monster Control after finding a Yeti in their cold store; a young woman, perhaps in her late twenties, a little pudgy and seemingly quite soft, which left him even more irritated by the fact that she hadn't run away yet.
"Hey, it's my shift, like hell am I gonna just up and leave, I need these over hours."
For a moment, Monster paused his attempt of getting the yoghurt off his leather jacket, to look at her with one very critically raised eyebrow, before he shrugged.
As good of a reason as any, he figured.

In the meantime, the gigantic creature, a snow white beast that looked like a wicked crossbreed of a grizzly bear and a gorilla, had cracked open a big bucket of vanilla ice cream, just to release a furious grunt a second after digging in, hauling it across the aisle.
Monster ducked under the flying comfort food, while the lady sidestepped the assault impressively sovereignly.
"How in the fresh hell am I gonna explain to my insurance that a monster tried to kill me with ice cream?!", she whined upon hiding behind a shelf. Monster gave her another critical look.
"It isn't trying to kill you with ice cream, Yetis just hate vanilla", he grunted while he searched his pockets for a chalk marker.
As he had found it, he started to draw runes over runes, arranged in a wide circle, on the floor between them and the Cryptid.
Only when the shelves shook under the Yeti's blood-curdling roar, did he look up, just in time to see how the creature grew to one and a half times its size, little, beady black eyes wild with rage.
"Damn vanilla", he hissed as he hurried to finish the last rune. And added a few more, for safety measures.

"Do you have frozen bananas?", he asked upon turning towards the lady, who shook her head looking at him like he gone mental.
"... Banana ice cream...?", She suggested a little helplessly.
"Will do. Open the bucket, throw it into the circle, don't stop over the runes", he instructed her.
The dessert had barely hit the floor when the Yeti spun around. Its nostrils were flaring, wild gate seeking the area for the source of its favorite scent.
Releasing another ground-shaking roar, the beast charged, wholly fixated on the bait, but as soon as it was inside the rune circle, the symbols lit up in a fiery glow. When it faded, the Yeti was laying on the ground motionlessly, transformed into a furry, white rock.
"H-how?!", the lady gasped, utterly baffled, but Monster just shrugged. "Runes", he said as he picked up the rock and started towards the entrance doors. His job here was done.
"Why bananas?"
He sighed. She just wouldn't leave him alone. Clearly, she was one of the more aware individuals, but most likely, she, too, would forget. Most human minds just weren't made to acknowledge the supernatural, and even if they did, they forgot, to make their reality a little simpler, a little easier to bear for their limited understanding. It took a lot to get someone to lose that kind of ignorance.
"It's half monkey", he grunted the first halfway sensible answer he could come up with. Honestly he had no idea why Yetis loved bananas; they just did.
"Who's gonna help me clean up the mess now?"
Monster shrugged. "Didn't you say you need those over hours?"

--

A thirty minute drive later, he arrived at the headquarter, so to say, a run down diner in the middle of nowhere, called Gil's. The place's namesake, an obese succubus named Gil, who had looking given up her life of luring men to their death to find her paradise between gallons of old frying fat and questionable decor, greeted him with a wave of her spatula as she was frying reflux-inducing burgers behind the bar.
A few other hunters were hanging around the place, and while he headed into the side room to drop off his catch and report, their watchful gazes followed his every step.
"Whoops, sorry", he grunted half-heartedly as he accidentally knocked another hunter's pint of beer off the table.

"Ah, Monster", he was greeted by Number 1, who accepted his report, stained with yogurt and ice cream, only touching it with his finger tips as he put it aside.
Next, Monster hauled the transformed Yeti onto the counter, but when the big one announced that he had a new partner for him, it slipped right out of his grasp and landed straight on his foot.
"Fuck!", He swore as he picked it up and gave the man the stink eye. "I work alone."
"Not this time. Your unorthodox methods aside, you have the highest success rate of the whole Monster Control. Who's be better to show a rookie the ropes."
"I'm not gonna babysit some traumatized, whining newbie!", He hissed, but the boss wasn't having any of it.
"You'll meet him at the airport in two hours, I'll mail you his files. I want you to hunt down a Chupacabra with him, something easy to start with."
"Fuck you, One", Monster grunted as he turned and left, fuming.
On his way back to his truck, he knocked the guy's new point of beer right off the table again, wordlessly, this time.
The man watched him on his way out, his blue eyes, weirdly contrasting his dark skin, twinkling with sadistic amusement.

--

Upon arriving at the airport, Monster leaned back in his driver's seat after he had parked somewhere he wasn't supposed to.
"Fuck...", he sighed through gritted teeth after inhaling slowly, eyes closed for just a moment.
He'd rather cut off his left horn than work with a partner, what was One thinking?!
Gordon's amused face made its way back into Monster's mind and he growled, a low, hateful snarl that rumbled deep in his chest.
Swearing under his breath, he pushed the driver's side door open and made his way towards the airport entrance. The guy wasn't hard to spot, demons in general were rather eye-catching, and so he approached with disdain clearly written all over his face.
"I'd love to, but I have my orders, I guess", he grunted as he appeared right behind the guy just as he whined something about being blue-balled.
"Gate?", he clarified. "Name's Monster. We got a job, time to go."
No, je wasn't going to waste any time on pleasantries.

Brandon whipped around to look at who had spoken to him. He was flabbergasted by the sight, enough so that the phone in his hand disappeared without a trace. "Fuck, when I said blue ball, I didn't mean literally." he comments, his eyes dancing around on Monster's body. Blue, so much blue. Black hair, yellow eyes, but not an ounce of normal skin tones. Only blue! Ah, but the attire was at least not of the sea, but it still was overshadowed by the skin. His eyes lingered down at the other's crotch for several moments after he took in what he was seeing after several long, awkward moments. 'Is everything seriously blue? Even the tip?' His attention snapped up back towards the other's face when his last name was mentioned. "I go by Brandon more than my last name, but whatever, Monster. Call me how you like." He then gave him a wink with a smirk growing on his lips. "You'll be calling it a lot later tonight anyways."

At him being so hell bent towards doing the job, he suddenly got up into Monster's personal bubble and threw in arm over his shoulder. "Hold up, man, we only just met! I doubt that cryptid can do much during the daytime. Why don't we grab a coffee, answer some questions, and become good partners, hm?" he comments. He kept his arm there for now, but will walk with the other towards the car if the other hadn't pushed him off already.

"I'll be so generous to start us off with my own questions towards you, Monster. Are you entirely blue except for the hair or eyes, or do you got a bit of pink below the waistline? Actually, why are you blue? I never seen a blueberry demon before." He then reached up and flicked the tip of the other's left horn. "Even these fleshy horns look off. You a demon, buddy, or something else? You look too fruity to be one." He chuckled his own joke, then began to wait for an answer to his most burning question. He wanted to know desperately of the color down below. How could he not? He seen so many dicks of all shapes and sizes, but never one that went beyond flesh color or fiery red. It intrigued him more than trying to figure out what exactly the other was. His priorities were sadly not set straight right now... Really not set straight what so ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back