• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

Henderson raised an eyebrow at the response. Surely it was obvious how weak these things are. Why waste the effort. Especially on these things that smell just as bad as that hollow demon if not worse.

"Was the evidence conclusive?"

"Yeah, divine conviction also gives me hints on what to have for breakfast in the morning." Hudson muttered back, though this time it was even lower than before and barely audible. While he was a religious man it was by the most bare minimum of faith and understanding of how the gods operated. He knew that working for Velin could offer him the absolution he sought, and her various blessings and artifacts were quite real and aided his cause greatly. Yet to say that she inspired any divine enlightenment or guidance was quite far from the truth.

Hudson found it harder and harder to justify being a rampant fanatic to the goddess, as any advice she offered in any situation or crisis was often 'do better' or 'make sure you never allow such a mistake to occur'. Velin was not one to see margin of error, and she preferred to give the children of her Order the freedoms to carry out their missions as they see fit, for better or for worse. Often quite worse.

Loque looks back at the cold and dead Hollow. She shrugs at Henderson.

“I don’t know. Would a ‘maybe’ suffice?”

"Depends on the conclusion." Henderson answered Loque "Visually they don't seem to pass as a threat. But what did your taste-test say?"

“My taste-test said: ‘You Escarian harlot, I am going to give you the Sindoo shits later.’ so not very good I suppose.”

As the group moved up the street into Sheol, they could hear the sounds of someone yelling up ahead. Certainly not a hollow, and it didn't sound like a demon. Perhaps someone lost in the city? The group picked up the pace, and found someone dressed like a old plague doctor, swatting at a group of three hollow with some sort of weapon. Their voice, partially altered by the bird like mask they were wearing, sounded rather feminine. She yelled, trying to get any of the hollows to move back. Eventually, she cracked each of them across the head with her melee weapon.

Vincent raised an eyebrow, watching the woman sigh and inspect the corpses of the creatures. "Are you alright over there?" he finally asked.

"Yes, I'm fine. Mostly." She adjusts her slightly tattered coat and mask. "Dr. Irene Makhai, at your service." she says with a tip of the hat.

Hudson does not increase his pace upon hearing the scream, rather looking more on guard as they go down the road and approach the woman. Seeing yet another person lost in the Abyss has him skeptical, and he turns to look at Vincent as he decides to ask how she is faring.

"She's dead. Don't think one can be 'fine' after that." he comments, doing nothing to lower his stance as he sizes the woman up. "Don't think we have time to question her, should get moving."

"I think we should talk to her." said Riberta, glancing to Hudson. "She may have seen where the Priest is. Or at least the cathedral." Vincent looked between Hudson and Roberta, before looking back to Irene. "We're looking for the Grand Cathedral here in the city. Perhaps you've seen it?" he asked, walking closer to the doctor.

Inari grew a little cautious as well. She knew the classic 'wounded traveler' trick well enough. This place seemed perfect for that sort of lot, with ambushers hiding nearby. She'd done that more than a few times herself. It was surprising how many people stopped for a hurt woman on the side of the road. Through on a little grime and less spectacular clothing, and the act became more believable. Especially if she was pretending to be pregnant. The thought gave her a little cackle to herself as she walked up beside Hudson, keeping an eye on their surroundings.

"Bird face might make good guide. Local eye and good mind is very useful," she said, pausing for a second. "But mask go away first. Bad is deal made with one who conceals face." Inari indicated that the plague doctor should remove their mask.

"Grand Cathedral? I haven't been there, actually, heard of it, yes, but never seen it." She glances at Inari. "And I must refuse on that request."

"Refuse? Hah!" It was certainly a bold move, she had to grant them that. As far as she could tell, they seemed to be human. Her senses were still fuzzy, but improving, especially after that kiss from Wesix. If a little peck was all it took to heal, then she could use a few demons like him lingering around. That'd probably make Hudson really happy.

Inari pointed her finger at the newcomer. "I say mask come off. Why you say no?"

"Maybe because she doesn't want to look at your crude ass unprotected." Hudson answered, rolling his eyes under his helmet. "If she doesn't know where it is we're meant to be going we can just leave her to kill more Hollows. We're wasting too much time on this."

"I'd like to keep myself safe from potential sources of miasma or noxious fumes." She mutters, placing her mace in a loop on her belt. "say, where might you lot be going?"

“Let’s not tell her. She could be one of Taranoch’s spies.” whispers Loque to the others around her.

"She thinks what was going on here was a plague or something." said Riberta with a chuckle.

Inari crossed her arms, giving Hudson a look. "For serious man you make yourself fool too much." Her her cocked to the side slightly as she heard Loque speak up, whispering among the group. That was a fair warning, though could Taranoch have sent spies ahead of them so fast? Demons were strange ones, certainly, but... she supposed it was possible.

"Noxious... fumes? What is that... bad air, yes? Does air look bad? We breathe air fine." She made a show of taking in a deep breath. Going off of what Riberta said, Inari gestured at the Hollows. "Not plague, so air fine. Is sickness of soul. And where we go not your business. Maybe you thief or assassin?"

Vincent finally sighed. They had already told her where they were going. So that idea was sort of late. "We're going to the Cathedral. Where did you come from, may I ask? Not often to see a plague doctor anymore. Did you jump forward in time like the Elves, then get killed?"

She crosses her arms, those dark lenses may hide her eyes, doesn't stop her from glaring at Inari. "Why are you so insistent on having my mask off?" She looks at Vincent. "Jump forward in time?"

“Personally, I cannot trust anyone I’m unable to look in the eyes.” she continues to whisper to Inari in agreement.

Vincent nodded. "Time has been malfunctioning back in the mortal realm. Things once dead or long gone have returned to the present. Such as this elf." He pointed to Seriphine. "I assume you came forward because there hasn't been plague doctors in...centuries."

"Or maybe she's simply been dead down here doing gods know what for so long. If she's not deranged or hollow now, she will be." Hudson spat, clearly growing impatient.

Vincent cut a look to Hudson, before looking back to Irene. "Whatever the case, you may join us if you wish. We will be watching you, however. Try something sneaky, and Henderson and Loque get to eat you." he said, before turning and moving further up the street towards an intersection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back