• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

Unlike those around her, Loque amazingly sleeps soundly in spite of all things; having found a nice and polished section of the room to sleep on while using her coat as a makeshift mattress and her shirt as a blanket. A smile is on her face as she sleeps cozily, dreaming a dream of all the possibilities of the things she’s planning on doing to Thorgran, his staff, and even his kitchen. It only grows bigger the more she dreams about what she could possibly do in order to torment him the most. Maybe she’ll force feed him a large heap of fried pig excrement. Maybe she’ll curse him so that everything he eats will taste like sweaty, moldy undergarments. Maybe she’ll turn all his guards into meat pies and give them away to her people. Maybe she’ll render his kitchen unusable by burning it to the ground. Maybe she’ll curse him with permanent, burning 'Sindoo Shits' and-

*THUMP*

*THUMPTHUMPTHUMPTHUMP*

Her wonderful train of thought crashes as she’s woken up rather inelegantly by Vincent shaking her awake. She lets out an exhausted moan as she rubs her eyes and starts dressing herself. Once he's off to wake up the others, she clumsily rises to her feet as she’s barely moved onto a waking state. It seems something's happened downstairs that made Vincent more than a little worried. She follows down after him and barely even notices the dead demon as she passes it.

“Vincent-“ she groans angrily. “What the fuck did you wake me up for?”

Mariette rubbed her eyes as Cat gave her morning announcements, still half-asleep. After falling back asleep for the remainder of the night, she had mundane dreams, half memories of wandering halls in Sazak's palace, doing odd jobs. It was easy to shake them off as she remembered her current location.

For the more vampiric members of your group, I have brought out an extensive selection of various types of bloods.

"...As welcome as that sounds," Mariette said to Cassandra as she climbed to her feet, just a moment after Cat had departed, "I admit it's a bit of a morbid thing to say in such a cheery voice, 'various types of bloods...' Aussi, did you sleep well? My dreams were ...less than pleasant... but I do feel rested, and I think today might be a good day to cut my hair," she explained, running her fingers through her long, unkempt and tangled tresses. "It's been a while, like so many things."

One of Cassandra's eyes popped open, as she listened to Cat's morning announcement. Been a while since I had some lamb's blood...maybe they have some? She then shifted a bit, to look over at Mariette as she stood up.

"Aussi, did you sleep well? My dreams were ...less than pleasant... but I do feel rested, and I think today might be a good day to cut my hair," she explained, running her fingers through her long, unkempt and tangled tresses. "It's been a while, like so many things."

Cassandra sat up a bit, brushing a few locks of her own long blonde hair out of her face. "My dreams were rather unremarkable. Save one where I saw...a version of me that I would rather forget." she responded. She shook her head before looking up to Mariette and smiling. "Anyway, a hair cut? I have always pondered the thought of you with shorter hair. As for myself, I usually prefer mine towards the longer end of the spectrum. I could use a trim to get rid of the split ends, however."

She moved, standing up from the bed next to Mariette and stretching. "I could give you a haircut! I know my way around a pair of hair shears. Unless you'd like for our hostess to assist." she said, turning to Mariette.

She then glanced to Riberta. "Maybe we can give her a hair cut too." she said with a chuckle. Riberta spoke up from where she lay. "Touch my hair, and I'll break you in half. The long way."

Cassandra giggled, before looking back to Mariette. "Shall we?" she said, motioning to the door of the room. "We can share a bath. Cat probably won't mind...might ask her to bring some blood our way too. Craving some lamb's blood, honestly."

Last edited:
Mariette knew how to cut her own hair, and in fact had done so for many years before her death. On top of that, she was already clean, having bathed just before bed the previous night. She opened her mouth, but words didn't come out at first. "...Ah, oui," she said, before her eyes suddenly widened, as she was surprised at her own answer. She smiled bashfully. I really am too fond of this woman, she thought.

I'm... fond of her.

"Oh my... I, um, pardon..." she stuttered before rushing out of the room in embarrassment. She sprinted down the length of the train until she eventually found, and locked herself into, a water closet. There, she stared at herself intently for a while, her eyes full of alarm and self-loathing. On one hand, it ought to have been more obvious. On the other hand, even though she had already confessed her deep feelings for Cassandra the previous day, she had up until this very moment believed it was a powerful platonic love, born entirely of their shared captivity and experiences. Additionally, she had never had any romantic experience or even passing interest in other women before her death, and come to think of it, she still felt the same way.

But a realization had dawned on her in that moment: Cassandra was becoming an exception. She ran her claws through her hair and massaged her scalp a bit, trying to alleviate the stress these feelings brought. It was true that they had bathed together throughout their years chained together, but that was out of necessity. It had never felt intimate, and just last night, Mariette had almost gone to the same bath chamber as Cassandra out of force of habit, or at least she insisted to herself that habit was all it was.

Could it be?

No. It couldn't. That morning, she had realized how simple it truly was. She wanted to be with Cass, whether it was fighting at her side, lying in the same bed, washing in the same bath, or feeding at the same bar or dining table. She wanted Cass to cut her hair, even if she could do it herself, just for an excuse to be touched by her. If she was crying, she wanted Cass to hold her. It wasn't just a sisterly bond; Mariette was totally infatuated. And she was scared- not even considering the terrible issue of their separate future plans, Mariette couldn't even figure out how to leave the restroom and face her again.

She splashed herself with a little cold water from the sink, straightened up, and convinced herself that even if she didn't know what to say, that she was a smart and capable woman and that she would think of something when the time was right. Finally, she set out for the sleeping quarters so that she could resume her day as if nothing had happened. Her stomach was twisted in a knot the whole way.

Cassandra watched Mariette dart out of the room, a surprised yet confused expression on her face. Did...Did I say something wrong? She glanced over to Riberta after a moment, whom had rolled over to face them, and noticed she was gazing up at Cassandra now. With a toothy grin on her face.

Cassandra's eyes narrowed. "What are you so smug about? Roll back over, and go back to whatever barbaric, blood-soaked dreams you immerse yourself in." she stated, before grabbing some clothes and stepping out of the room. The door shut behind her, as Cassandra looked about. No sign of Mariette...I hope she's okay...

At first, she didn't think much of what she had said. They had bathed together before, and it didn't seem like it would be much different here. And cutting your own hair was always a little tricky, even using a mirror, so a helping hand wouldn't hurt. The bath would take care of the loose hairs that tended to get everywhere after a haircut. It seemed like Mariette was embarassed by the thought of it all. That smile was certainly cute, though...

Then, things started to click into place a bit for Cassandra. Did Mariette see her as...more than as a friend or sister? Cassandra was puzzled by the idea. How could anyone care about me like that? I'm...I'm a horrible person! I was an insane psychopath for centuries! I made her life hell from the moment we met, and even into our imprisonment down here!

Casaandra began to think back a bit, mulling over their shared history together. Mariette did try and change things between the two of them. At first, probably out of necessity, since Cassandra was a bitch to her...but they grew closer as time went on. Even to the point where they genuinely cared about one another. Regailing each other with their personal histories, tastes, and stories. Mariette helped her to change her ways a bit, and not be as aggressive as she used to be. Mariette knew her like the back of her hand, and Cassandra knew Mariette just as well. They couldn't stand to be away from one another long...that's how close they had become. And other feelings seemed to have sprouted out of that. She remembered when Mariette has supposedly gone hollow, and it was like she had her heart ripped out and stomped on. And the only other time she had felt something like that was when...

As she pieced the picture together, she began to notice Mariette's aura at the far end of the train. At least she knew where she was now. "...Marie?" she asked aloud, when she noticed the aura finally approaching. Cassandra decided to keep her current thoughts to herself for the time being. She would talk to Mariette later about it. As Mariette arrived, she would notice the worried look on Cassandra's face. "...Are you alright?"

---
The sound of a hundred beasts and wagons were heard in the distance, led by a mysterious figure towering over all and unnerving to look upon. They were nearing the capital of the Land of Pride, as equally vain as the rest of the land. The hollows bowed as this marching company neared the gate, and the towering figure descended from the hell beast it was riding. A demon of pride, who by all means looked the part, approached the closed gates to look at the towering figure. "I am... back." said the figure, as a perfect shinning smile apeared on his lips. The gates oppened to let the figure walk in, and to be welcomed by another demon of Pride. "You've arrived earlier than expected, Wallace." The towering creature looked down upon the demon with a toothy grin on his face.

Previously a war hero in the mortal world, when he died at the hands of the Vampire Countess, he arrived in the depths of the Abyss. But unlike other condemned souls, Wallace's pride fueled him to remain strong. He was quick to ascend beyond being a lost soul, enough for him to be noticeable to Lord Ralvas. And as he grew stronger, he abandoned his humanity. And now, he barely looked human. He waz now a demon, with long arms and legs. His face was human in appearance, but covered in fur. And his mouth was full of sharp but shinning teeth. He looked like a werewolf mid-transformation, and when compared to other demons of Pride, he was certainly the most 'imperfect' of them all. But he made up for it, with his stylised uniform. He bore several shinning medals which he wore like badges of honor, flaunting them whenever he got the chance to do so.

He walked past the demon, his grin growing larger as he heard the distant music coming the throne room of Ralvas, the Icon of Pride and his master.

As Wallace approached and entered the palace, he made his way up a grand (but rather empty) staircase which lead into the main atrium. At the back of the atrium, an area considered the throne room, was Ralvas. Perched on his throne, peering down at a floating set of maps and papers around him. Near him, at a magnificently crafted gold and ivory grand piano was Kellea. A demon of true perfection, at least from what both Sazak and Ralvas said. And she did honestly seem perfect. From her looks and mannerisms, to the way she spoke flawlessly and how she played virtually any instrument gracefully.

Wallace's footsteps echoed through the grand chamber of the palace, as he walked by a few pride demons standing guard. Each of them wearing pristine armor, accented with intricate details and markings. As he arrived at the throne, he stopped. Kellea didn't stop playing, her music flowing through the throne area as well as the atrium. And Ralvas didn't even notice his general had arrived till he glanced over. "Wallace! You've returned. I hope things are going well enough at the front that Azgon has no need for your services anymore." he said, waving the floating maps and papers away. Ralvas looked...unnerved. His hair was rough and dark, instead of silky smooth and glowing as it normally appeared. His eyes gave the impression that he hadn't slept in a few days.

Wallace made a simple bow to his master, his yellow eyes looking up at him with a toothy grin on his face. "I'm afraid that I wasn't any use to Lord Azgon, whose idea of tactics and war are unrefined, and frankly stupid." He eyed little-miss-perfect at the side, before looking back at Ralvas. "I take it things ain't been going well here, sir?"

Ralvas frowned. "I see. Then me sending you in the first place was pointless." he responded, shaking his head before standing up from his throne. "As for things here, they are...progressing. That's really all I can say on the matter. Lord Sazak and his son Astraal are hunting Sazak's rebel son Azathor down, and I am tasked with seeking out a group of trouble makers traveling through the Abyss. Making a mess of things like Sekath's tower and Azgon's factories. I hope that it didn't dampen his weapon production all that much."

Kellea continued to play her song on the piano, as if she weren't paying much attention at all to their conversation.

Ralvas walked around his throne a bit, running his hand through his long blonde hair. "I spent so much time trying to convince him to use the human based weapons, as our own weapons lack...flair. All of it is of the darkest, hellish obsidian. Gaudy, unwieldy, an eyesore to gaze upon....ech." he muttered. He glanced towards Wallace. "Sazak did his own convincing, but his method...isn't my style, you see."

Eventually he sat back on his throne. "...And now Tariun is also back in the Abyss, and seems to be helping this group of troublemakers. And Lord Taranoch wishes for me to find her stronghold and capture her alive...ALIVE. Instead of just...killing her on the spot."

"Ah..." said Wallace, looking away and hidding a mocking smile on his face. "I'm afraid those human designs you wanted are being scrapped, sir." He tries his best to not let out a maddening laughter, which grew ever more difficult to contain. "...Rebellions are a common thing back in the mortal realm. I suppose... the King wants to stab at the heart of the enemy. Capture Tariun, kill her publicly in some grand spectacle...I used to do things like that but..." Wallace finally looked back at his master, with a calmer face. "...I actually agree with you, sir...She should be killed on the spot, prevent the rebels from even getting the idea of rescuing her."

As Wallace spoke, Kellea had gently turned her head towards him as she took note of the suppression of his laughter. But, she continued to play the piano, returning her gaze back to the ivory keys before her. Ralvas, meanwhile, listened to Wallace, before cutting him a look as he spoke of agreement with Ralvas. "Yes, she should. The problem with that is if we DO kill her, Taranoch will have your head first. Then mine."

He paused for a moment, looking towards his throne. "Taranoch holds the Abyssal Crown. He is king of this land, and gets what he wants. So I'm forced to capture Tariun alive...Though we can kill her lieutenant, and lover, Xager. Taranoch didn't say to bring her in alive." he said, motioning a finger to Wallace as he spoke the last sentence. "...I just don't understand how the hell these troublemakers are getting around the Abyss like they are. Tariun and Xager wouldn't risk throwing them around all over the place using portals...and wouldn't spare a lieutenant to do it because of the war with that fucking Lich calling himself a King." he muttered, beginning to ramble to himself.

Wallace looked down again, suppressing his laughter once more. "...Well, master... maybe its that train of yours? You've barely checked on it after making it, so I was told..."

Ralvas' head snapped about to look at Wallace. He had heard Wallace trying to suppress his laughter that time. "The train is used by Icons and their underlings. They would need the disks to activate the summoning obelisks. Fat chance of getting those." he responded. "...And why the hell are you laughing?"

Wallace lifted his head, giving his master a deranged and wide smile. "...Because I told you that human guns failed me once, and they were going to fail you too....But you didn't listen! You never listened! You liked their fancy looks and functionality... and now... h-heh..." He began to laugh. "...Now they're gone! Blown away like that stupid fucking ship! Hahah... g-grgr..." It soon was clear by the look Ralvas' face that he was not amused by Wallace's insane rant. And realizing that, the demonic beast-man bowed to his master. "I beg... your forgiveness, sir...As you might have realized, my death in the mortal realm deeply affected me... H-heh... I cannot contain it at times."

Ralvas looked furious...and Kellea had stopped playing the piano. Ralvas cut a look to her, before looking back to Wallace. "If you speak to me in such a way again, Wallace, I'll send you to the fucking gore pits so Azgon's zealots can beat you to death."

"Understood, sir..." responded Wallace, taking a step back and bowing deeply.

Ralvas eyed him for a moment, before stepping back over to his throne and rubbing his eyes. Azgon destroyed all the human weapons? That made him more angry. Especially after how long it took to convince him to use them in the first place.

Then Kellea spoke up. "...My lord, are you alright?" she asked, her beautiful voice flowing forth from where she was sitting at the piano. She had turned to face the two of them, but mainly was looking towards Ralvas.

Ralvas nodded. "I'm fine. I'm great, in fact. I am the Icon of Pride!" he said. "I couldn't be any better!"

After that little display of disloyalty, Wallace realized that he had to continue ensuring his place among Ralvas' court. The demonic beastman bowed again. "...Why... don't you let me... look for Tariun, master?... I have... experience dealing with insurrections... h-hehe... I'll find her and bring her to you."

Ralvas gave Wallace a look. "No. I will do it, as I was tasked to do so by Lord Taranoch. Meanwhile, you can remain here until I locate her." he stated. I must prove myself to Lord Taranoch, lest he begin to doubt me in my role as an Icon...and remove me. I will not embarrass myself like Sazak did. I will not!

Last edited:
Alone with Cassandra in the hall, Mariette suddenly found herself confronted by the moment she envisioned just before, wherein words would supposedly spring to her lips. "...Yes, I suppose I am, although..." she said after a moment, giving a frustrated sigh. Then, the inspiration came to her. "I do have something on my mind. Cass, you have asked me all about my vineyards, and how the wine is made; I've told you every detail, non?"

Confused, Cassandra nodded. "Yes, but-"

"And I explained my reasons for staying in that business, beyond the fortune it generated for my estate, namely, that it was safe and sustainable, and that there was very little risk involved once the process was perfected, but... There is another reason, which I have never quite defined." Mariette turned and looked out the window at the desolate landscape outside the train, as she she couldn't look her counterpart in the eye. Cassandra, meanwhile, was becoming impatient at Mariette's roundabout means of expressing herself.

"...I loved the process itself, because it was an unending cycle- one which never outgrew its need for me, and in fact, was enriched by my ongoing involvement. The devotion I placed into maintaining the soil, the obsession I employed in keeping every detail in spec, year after year, harvest after harvest, would be captured and bottled. The cellar below La Cygne is a running record of that relationship between myself and my drink, growing ever richer as time progresses. You must know, there are few things in this world which have stayed close to me, growing better with time and effort, rewarding me for my continued, unwarranted existence. Before my choice to die on Grimtham, I had considered putting myself into the sun in that same vineyard, as my ashes would enrich the soil. I would be united with my wine, and die happy knowing that I was forever united with the one thing I truly loved."

Mariette finally looked at Cassandra, and smiled warmly. She finally got to the point: "I never sought companionship after the death of my husband. I couldn't bear the thought of turning another human, nor could I watch old age rob them of their constitution at the same time it increased their dignity. And of all the vampires I have known, none of them asked anything of me more than a passing favor. 'Oh, Countess, spare me a loan. Send me a case of blood, I am in short supply.' And then they have returned to their own occupations, seeking a cure for boredom as they wait for the end of eternity. But Cass, I've spent so long in your company that I realize that I now have something in you that I never believed I would find.

"You are not the woman I knew in life. You are so much better, and so much more. Not a single moment I was bound to you was a moment wasted. And without you, I would not have even persisted these thirty years, I was so thoroughly broken. You make me want to live, even as I know in my heart it would be wrong. You..." Mariette stepped up to Cassandra and took her hand, holding her head up decisively as she committed:

"You are my wine."

Cassandra's confused expression faded slowly to a smile, as Mariette made her way to the point. And soon she made her final statements, as she took Cassandra's hand.

"You are my wine."

...It seems as though I was right.

"...Marie...you helped me become a far better person that I used to be. You helped me cope with...everything...like my memories flooding back, being in chains in Sazak's service...You even helped me find someone to genuinely care about again. And I haven't cared about someone like this in a very...very long time." she replied, still smiling. And it seemed she was almost on the verge of tears.

She gently pulled Mariette in, embracing her in loving hug. "...Without you, I'm just...I'm nothing. A shell of a person...utterly heartless...You are my heart."

Wesley looked on towards Seriphine as she entered the forest on her own, he knew that the Elf had no trouble navigating through forests, but as time continues ticking, no noise can be heard from the forest, which lead Wesley into a dash inside the thick forest, using the trail of blood that was left over from the dead beggar, “Seriphine?.... Seriphine! Where are you!?” He navigated his way in the thickets of trees and mist that blinded his sight and vampire senses, this wasn’t no ordinary forest that both Wesley and Seriphine had walked in to, soon he was now walking in pure darkness. However, Welsey still followed the trail until he stepped onto cobblestone, where he followed the road until he finally encounters Seriphine, staring down her shadow copy with tenacity.

He dashed down the street to join up with the Elf, however. From the corner of his eye, a shadow moving at breakneck speed had intercepted him by attacking him with his sword, Wesley quickly brought up his Ninjato to meet with it, however the force of the Shadow overwhelms him and he was sent flying to a nearby wall, making a huge hole on it. But he successfully managed to use his momentum and landed on his feet, he then scanned the room, and to his surprise the interior of it is still the outside, however the landscape of it has changed, Now Wesley was crouched over on tall grass with dead bodies of Redonian soldiers and their servants alike, their blood covering the grass with the crimson color, and the banners of multiple warlord states lie tattered with the wind making their banners move, he looked around to see tall, stone walls covering the sides while watch towers were placed on the corners, them too littered with the dead, Their bodies littered with arrows, kunais or shurikens, Wesley exactly knew where he was...

...This was the courtyard inside the Warlord’s fort.

In front of Wesley was the Warlord’s palace. The dead littering its once-clean stairs and on top of its roof, illuminating himself with the “moonlight” is a man crouched over covered in a dark black Ninja-Yori, Some of the long strips of cloth sway in the wind. His swords were in their sheaths behind him, his mask colored like the shadows and his eyes stalking Wesley like a hawk. He jumps down from the roof and landed on the opposite side of where Wesley was. Both of them start circling each other with their drawn weapons, like two animals ready to fight.

“As expected... You’re still weak...

“I expected you to be silent.”

“You had the potential to be the Perfect Killer, yet. You wasted all that to regain your pitiful sensibility of your human self? You felt free and filled with adrenaline when you finally let go of yourself and kill with no questions asked, wasn’t the joy of killing fun? Yet you ended it because of your humiliating respect for your Master... How pathetic...

“He has taught me to never fear the shadows, and that’s power on its own… Something that you wouldn’t know."

“Power?! Don’t make me laugh, you can’t even beat your former love in a fight as a human!”

“I’m no human anymore… But I’m human enough to Kick. Your. Ass.

The walls and towers behind Wesley vanished and left dark traces like smoke, and he could sense both Seriphine and her Shadow close behind him, this can be crucial when Wesley can support Seriphine in attacking or defending against the Shadows.

“Enough talk! You will die to my blade!” The Shadow took his fighting stance.

Wesley, noting the stance, prepared his own, as he tried to counter its style silently. The Shadow wasn't wrong, for it was enough talk.

Now was the time to fight.

Last edited:
Vincent's group continued moving, following the blood trail through the alleyways of the village. Vincent glanced back to Loque as she spoke, and gave a quick explanation. "Seriphine and Wesley disappeared. There's a dead body out in front of our building, and a blood trail moving away from it. I think their shadows were trying to lure them away from us." he said, before directing his attention back ahead. They eventually came out of the alleys, emerging into an open area with a large field of wilting wheat. Some of it had been cut down already by hollows, which were nowhere to be found. Their farming utensils were still here, however. The blood trail continued into the field, and soon they found both Seriphine and Wesley. Ready to engage what appeared to be their shadow selves. "Let's help 'em out!" shouted Vincent, motioning to the pair before taking aim with his rifle and firing off a pair of shots at Seriphine's dark copy.

------

Thorgran's Territory - Bathalom (Crop Fields) - Shadow Battle (Seriphine & Wesley)
Shadow Seriphine (Shadow Demon, HP = 100), Faelnir (Spectre, Miniboss, HP = 30), 6 Thralls (Hollows, HP = 3 each), Shadow Wesley (Shadow Demon, HP = 100)

Shadow Seriphine
Trait #1: Chain of Thralls - Can restrain up to three targets for up to two turns. Does 3 DMG to foes when otherwise fighting normally.
Trait #2: Only a Copy - Suffers +10 DMG from the person that the shadow demon is copying (Seriphine.) Can only be killed by the individual its copying, revives with full health if killed by anyone else.

Faelnir
Trait #1: Betrayer - Does 5 DMG to Seriphine with each successful attack. Does 3 DMG to others.

Shadow Wesley
Trait #1: Shinobi - Can attack up to three foes in a turn. Does 3 DMG if attacking 1 foe, but damage goes down as number of foes grows. 2 DMG each for 2 Foes, 1 DMG each for 3 foes. Also grants the ability to create up to two copies to fight foes. Each copy has 15 HP when produced, and do 3 DMG to foes.
Trait #2: Only a Copy - Suffers +10 DMG from the person that the shadow demon is copying (Wesley.) Can only be killed by the individual its copying, revives with full health if killed by anyone else.

Last edited:
Fully rested and motivated, Senya matched side by side with Vincent as they followed the trail. They eventually came across enemies, the darker counterparts of Seriphine and Wesley. But there were a few others as well. The Warden reached out her shield and sword, igniting a flame.

She made her move and came straight for Faelnir, swinging her sword horizontally in hopes of striking.

Takato, sensing their aura ever clearer and following the others as they followed the blood trail, saw as Wesley and Seriphine were cornered to their fronts, with one another practically at each other's backs. He only nodded as Vincent shouted out, watching as he fired a shot towards Seriphine's group, with Senya charging into that general direction.

With that in mind, he turned towards Wesley instead, and rushed in. He had been curious about testing Wesley's skills, due to his being a foreigner who studied the arts of the ninja in Lower Redonia, and it seems he'll see how they are here through his shadow. Let's see how a ninja fares against one who has dealt with numerous Shuntungwui assassins, as he went intended to weave in and out, allowing Wesley to strike against his foe whilst he aids him with his own punches, keiyiken monkey style.

Henderson didn't appreciate being woken up in such a manner from his sleep. Especially after dealing with what was going on in his mind, but after some grumbling he joined the search for the missing members. Soon enough he would pick up their scent after the clues were pointed out to them. And then he found a second pair of scents almost identical.

The mutant cracked his knuckles as the enemy became apparent. Shadow demons and friends. Annoying lot. He remembered his own fight not too long ago and decided to focus on the fodder. Better to eliminate the chance of being overwhelmed so they can focus on leaders.

The brief moment of calm... Before the storm.

The two ninjas dashed at each other at high speeds, only for them to clash with their swords, which caused them to skid back from the impact. Shadow Wesley then disappeared from his sight, only to pop up at the top of the Warlord’s Palace, where Wesley was throwing Kunai after kunai at his shadow, but it managed to duck and weave them with ease. He ran downwards of the palace’s roof until the shadow jumped from the roof and launched one kunai at him. To which Wesley easily dodged, however he didn’t see the explosive tag that had been lit up and created an explosion that kicked up clouds of dust. The shadow lands at the ground, with the feeling that he had taken Wesley out, However Wesley pops out of the smoke, launching himself in the air with his blade slicing downwards, intending to cut the shadow in half. If Wesley misses this attack, he’ll be open to the Shadow Shinobi’s counter-attack, luckily. He felt Takato’s presence as he might enter the fray soon.

Last edited:
Inari hurried along with the others, pondering to herself the nature of her own shadow, and where that bitch might be. She had to admit it was hard to think like herself. Anything was plausible. Was an ambush in store for them later on? It would be smart to cut into the group, quick and without notice, and try to kill her without launching a pitched battle. Or was she out there gathering a warhost? Now that would be... difficult. They could handle a lot, but if a host of two hundred yari and horsemen came after them, that would be rough. Of course, maybe the bitch had ran off and was trying to escape her own way. That made her smile.

Reaching the field, Inari grinned, a short giggle erupting involuntarily. She hadn't broken a ninja in a long time. It was sad the shadow was no real ninja, but it would have to do.

Drawing her spirit blade, which vibrated in her hands with anticipation, Inari joined the fight against Wesley's shadow. "Hah! I kill many ninja before, this easy like... easy!"

A few hours had passed since Cassandra had gone looking for Mariette, when the two vampires returned to their cabin to gather their equipment for the day. Just as the elder of the two had proposed that morning, they had shared a bath, although it had been a more intimate affair than she envisioned when she suggested it. Afterwards, each of them tended to the other's hair, and now Mariette sported a lob sort of cut not unlike Cassandra's own. They were in good spirits, laughing and joking as they walked through the train's astonishingly well-decorated halls, but Riberta, who happened to be returning to the cabin herself from the opposite direction, immediately noticed the two of them holding hands, and the enamored look in their eyes.

For all her fussing over it that morning and the night before, Mariette found herself unable to care whether others noticed her in love with Cassandra. She only had a limited time to enjoy such an unlikely romance before she would need to confront the towering obstacles ahead, and so she resolved not to ruin her own happiness by forcing the subject upon herself or her partner. She felt her resolve on the issue weakening, anyway. Finding love at a time like this was convincing her that perhaps she didn't understand the world, or her stake in it, nearly as well as she thought she did. Cross each bridge as you come to it, she told herself.

"It will at least be easier to fight without so much hair in my face," Mariette remarked as they entered the cabin. "I'm thinking of trying to salvage some armor, too, if I can find any. I'm quite tired of getting impaled and having my bones broken, no matter how accustomed to the pain I've become. Perhaps you should do the same," she said to Riberta. "I don't foresee myself carrying you on my back again," she joked.

Riberta chuckled. "Yeah, I think its about time I look for actual protection. The last set of armor I wore was some old bits of plate armor during the feudal wars of Daristein...didn't last very long against Werebear claws." She shrugged. "I wore his hide afterwards as a cloak."

She sat upon her bed, looking over the claymore she had scavenged from her shadow. Hellish in appearance, made of obsidian and a sort of blackened metal which spiderwebbed across the handle and blade at points. She pondered how exactly the thing had been made. Or if it had been spawned or something instead of crafted. It had a heat to it, warm to the touch. Especially along the blade.

She soon set it aside, glancing up to Mariette and Cassandra. She smiled. They made a cute couple, and Mariette certainly seemed to keep Cassandra in check. And Mariette seemed to have improved emotionally.

"Nice haircut." she said, before glancing to Cassandra. Cassandra grinned. "Now you should let me cut yours." she said, to which Riberta rapidly shook her head. "Like I said. Touch it, and I break you in half."

Cassandra frowned. "You're no fun." she muttered, before looking to Mariette. "There was nothing to it! Marie has such lovely hair. You should have heard me gushing about it earlier. Soft, easy to maintain, agreeable! Mine is always a hastle to deal with...especially if I try to straighten it out."

Cassandra then sighed. "Ah well...shall we go check on our male counterparts? They've been rather quiet as of late."

"Mine is always a hassle to deal with...especially if I try to straighten it out. Ah well... shall we go check on our male counterparts? They've been rather quiet as of late."

"It is as willful as you are, Cass," Mariette remarked. "Oui... perhaps the wizard has calmed down since yesterday. I would certainly hope that we can do a better job of remaining united from here on. If we splinter over such matters in a more dangerous situation, then I would not be so confident in our success. Perhaps we should come to an agreement ahead of time, to either follow the directions of a leader we can agree upon, or at least have a vote..."

Before reaching the men's cabin, Mariette reiterated the conversation she had with the others at the bar about the killing of Ergran and how she believed that Sazak would assume Cassandra to be the culprit, unaware that Cass had been eavesdropping last night. "I think, for their sake, we should take exclusive responsibility for that killing, and the ransacking of the palace, if we encounter him," Mariette said. "If we do not, and we cannot kill him, then he will exact his revenge not just upon all of us, but on their families as well. Jakob and Hudson have already suffered that wrath once before."

Cassandra nodded. "I agree. It also makes the most sense. We found one another, plotted and schemed, came back to his palace while he was away, ransacked the place a little, freed a captive...then murdered his artisan son in cold blood." she said, giving Mariette a wicked grin. "Oh, the joy it brings me to cause some mischief, and bring a bit of pain to our dear sweet master."

She then lifted Mariette's hand up and gave it a kiss. "I could care less what he does in response. He has plenty more coming to him. Especially if we're involved in it. We have thirty years to make up for! Don't we, sweet Mariette?"

Riberta smirked. "I've got centuries to pay back." she said, as she followed behind them.

Unlike her companions Seriphine could see no field and no crops. To her the battlefield remained a burning city and once the others joined they did so by kicking down a door- but not before Wesley managed to intercept his own shadow mid-strike as the latter tried to ambush Seriphine. In the wake of both the attempted ambush and Vincent's initial call to arms Seriphine charged forth without a word, attacking her demonic copy.
On the other end of the field Shadow Seriphine grinned before unleashing her chains at the incoming combatants. "BOW BEFORE ME!"
Faelnir rallied the troops and rushed forward as well, intending to strike down the disgusting non-Elves that dared to attack him and his queen. His attack came without a word though a vile grin remained plastered across his face.

Thorgran's Territory - Bathalom (Crop Fields) - Shadow Battle (Seriphine & Wesley) - TURN 1
Senya = 3. Misses Faelnir.
Takato = 10. CH Roll = 7. Does 5 + 1 DMG (6, Butoo Style) to Shadow Wesley. Shadow Wesley HP = 94.
Henderson = 7. Does 3 + 3 DMG (Hellish Gauntlets) to Hollow #1. Hollow #1 dead.
Wesley = 9. Does 3 + 10 DMG (13, Only a Copy.) to Shadow Wesley. Shadow Wesley HP = 81.
Inari = 9. Does 3 DMG to Shadow Wesley. Shadow Wesley HP = 78.
Seriphine = 8. Does 3 + 10 DMG (13, Only a Copy) to Shadow Seriphine. Shadow Seriphine HP = 87.
Gwen = 4 + 5 (9. Falcon's Eyes, Spiteful Survivalist.) Does 3 DMG to Faelnir. Faelnir HP = 27.
Loque = 5. Does 3 DMG to Hollow #2. Hollow #2 dead.
Kassidy = 6. Does 3 + 3 DMG (6, Double Tap) to Faelnir. Faelnir HP = 21.

Vincent = 7 + 3 (10, The Huntsman.) CH Roll = 10. Does 6 DMG to Shadow Seriphine. Shadow Seriphine HP = 81.

Thorgran's Territory - Bathalom (Crop Fields) - Shadow Battle (Seriphine & Wesley) - TURN 1 (ENEMY)
Shadow Seriphine attempts to bind some of her foes (Chain of Thralls.) D6 used. Chance Roll = 4. Chance Successful! Kassidy has been bound for two turns!
Shadow Wesley = 10. CH Roll = 9. Does 3 DMG (Shinobi) to Wesley. Wesley HP = 12.
Faelnir = 8. Does 3 DMG (Betrayer) to Kassidy. Kassidy HP = 12.
Hollow #3 = 5. Does 1 DMG to Henderson. Henderson HP = 14.
Hollow #4 = 7. Does 1 DMG to Kassidy. Kassidy HP = 11.
Hollow #5 = 6. Does 1 DMG to Takato. Takato HP = 14.

Hollow #6 = 6. Does 1 DMG to Gwen. Gwen HP = 14.

---
The groups clashed, amidst the dying wheat in the field. Two hollows were dispatched with ease as Henderson pummeled one to death while Loque shot another with her rifle. Henderson was attacked by another near immediately, however. Senya charged in, missing Faelnir with her sword as he quickly dodged the swing. He would then be peppered by shots from Kassidy's dual pistols and a shot from Gwen's rifle, just before Shadow Seriphine's chains wrapped around Kassidy tightly. Binding her in place, and allowing both a Hollow as well as Faelnir to hit her with their weapons. Gwen would be attacked by a hollow, that had closed in enough to cut her arm with a scythe. Shadow Seriphine herself would come under attack by both Seriphine herself as well as Vincent. Seriphine's blade sliced the shadow copy across the side, while Vincent's rifle shots ripped through one of her legs.

Meanwhile, Wesley, Inari, and Takato triple teamed the shadow shinobi, whom was more focused on dispatching his origin. Wesley's blade dropped downward, but the shadow narrowly avoided being split in half. The blade did carve a large gash in the shadow's chest, as he stumbled backwards and right into Takato's fists. Like lightning, Takato's rabbit punches pummeled the shadow shinobi's back, before Inari came in low and sliced the ninja across the side. Takato would soon be smacked by a hollow from behind himself, wielding what appeared to be a hoe.

Henderson sneered at the hollow attacking him. The brute moved his paws around it's head and tried to crush it's head.

Senya missed her mark and damned herself for it. As she glanced toward everyone, the battle still had a long way to go. Despite the failed attack, Senya continued to press forward against Faelnir. If they took down the Lieutenant, the others will fall with him. The Warden swung her sword directly at his chest, ready for a counter attack.

Weaving in and out with his monkey punches, Takato watched closely as Inari sliced the shadow across the side. Waiting to see if the shadow will face him, if ever for a brief moment, he found himself distracted enough to allow himself to be struck from behind as well, feeling as though he had been beaten over the head by a spear.

Turning around, he was faced with a hollow, wielding what appeared to be a hoe. Takato just looked at the hollow, and began cracking his fingers by twisting each individual finger one by one. He then went to strike the hollow, switching to a more jiaoli-heavy taigekkun style. If he defeated the hollow in that strike right there, or not, it didn't matter. What did matter was how he was going to follow that strike up - by throwing the hollow straight at the shadow!

She then lifted Mariette's hand up and gave it a kiss. "I could care less what he does in response. He has plenty more coming to him. Especially if we're involved in it. We have thirty years to make up for! Don't we, sweet Mariette?"

"Ninety, actually, ma chère soeur," Mariette replied with a smile. "Thirty for each of us, and another for Ser Edmond, if we are to truly repay our Master for his cruelty."

Riberta smirked. "I've got centuries to pay back." she said, as she followed behind them.

Mariette suppressed a rather cold laugh. "Now I almost feel sorry for the fiend," she joked in a voice that palpably dripped with sarcasm. She then knocked on the door of the men's cabin, and the three women stood by in wait.

Hudson's slumber was uncomfortable yet dreamless, the former expected at this point while the latter was an improvement over the nightmares that plagued him the majority of the journey. Perhaps both killing his literal demon and the several drinks he had the night prior were the cause. Yet discomfort while sleeping would always be his fault, never truly allowing himself to rest down here. Hudson would always sleep seated rather than in a bed, regardless of how fine the sheets were on this train. If he was not able to fight as quickly as possible, he figured a good sleep would at the very least be his last.

Having been woken by their hosts' knock to the door and calls for breakfast, Hudson woke somewhat groggily as he worked the stiffness out of his neck from being slumped in the train seat the whole night. In the moments after that he continued to stay where he was, silently thinking to himself. Despite his continued grievances Hudson did wonder how things were proceeding with his family back home. Now that he had adjusted his outlook and reasons for being in the Abyss, he was faced with regrets.

Said regrets were the fact that he barely managed a proper goodbye to them, finding himself lacking the strength to make it a lasting memory of himself in their eyes. Fully believing this to be a suicide mission, he saw a quietly somber departure as more than enough reflection of his life. To that end he also carried nothing to remember them by on his person. As his head swam with doubts and regrets, a simple photo may have done wonders for the hunter in those moments.

Hudson slowly ran his gloved hands over one another as he stared blankly at the ground. Did they really have a chance at killing Sazak? And was he prepared to fight him if it came down to it? The hunter found himself wishing that he and Camille could face the Icon together, yet after all she had been through and built he felt it wrong to ask that of her.

Just then, Mariette's knock to the door broke him out of his trance. He stood up from his seat and inspected the window to see who was on the other side, fortunately taking no issue to converse with the ladies unlike those nosey Lust demons. Hudson slid the door open, looking all of them over in silence before shaking his head slowly.

"... May I help you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back