• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

Takato scratched his chin, nodding to Henderson's proposal and Xager's expansion of it. While he didn't know what a field gun was, if what she proposed was true, then they'd be shooting two hawks with one arrow, turning the madness set by grief into rage towards another, another whom had their own twisted reasons. It seemed the perfect plan, for the setting they were in. However, a question struck him soon after; raising his hand, he spoke:

"...in what ways would we be able to 'frame' those of Greed? Markings are one thing, and perhaps the type of, ehm... 'slaughter' would be another, but most of us are unfamiliar with the customs of that land. Knowing further details would aid us, to make the framing seem more believable."

"We frame Keggoth, Icon of Greed. Keggoth is a very jealous type of demon, being a greed demon.
"Keggoth... Really?" Loque gawks incredulously at this plan. To frame Keggoth, the only icon Loque genuinely likes, for this isn't something she approves of. Loque's very much aware of the rivalry between Keggoth and Thorgran as she's witnessed it, and even partook in it, several times. Yet for every time Thorgran and his men abused Loque, it only made Keggoth look more and more favorable in her eyes. So much so, it's the reason why she decided to amass such a large fortune through less than legitimate means in the mortal realm instead of spending it all on food. The only reason she's not within Keggoth's ranks right now is because the exit route she took to the mortal realm was closer than her land. In fact, if the lands had shifted just a little bit differently the day she escaped, Vincent and the others would be meeting Loque on very, very different terms.

"Are you sure we can't frame Thorgran? He's always told me how much he's wanted to eat Zal."

Disabling the charm on Wesley. "Do that again, ninja, an' I'm knockin' yer ass out." she stated.

"H-huh? W-what the..." The Ninja was confused by what Kassidy said, before realizing his blind rage against his Inner Self has started to affect the other members of the party. he raises both of his leather-gloved hands to his eye level and gaze at it a bit, Kassidy moving out of his peripheral view to talk to what seems to be Seriphine. He opened and closed his hand to see if his mind is still in sync with his body. His fingers twitched from his actions when he hold them in place before easing their movements after a few tries. Kaze's hold on him was starting to spread into his body, like a plague that won't stop even after so many remedies that have been tested to it. it seemed that the past is finally going to take a toll for all of the sins he has made. But, the main thing that was going through Wesley's head was to only meditate and pray to any other gods that can hear him to relieve him of this sickness and hope it doesn't get worse.

"That's a very good idea." Henderson was very delighted where this one's mind was at. "Marking, customs and rituals would be nice to know. Greedily stealing things from the dead and dying would be a fine start. Maybe take a few valuable organs while we're at it."

Are you sure we can't frame Thorgran? He's always told me how much he's wanted to eat Zal.
"Why not both? Steal the valuables, chew through the meat of the dead. Take the beast and cook it. Pin a conspiracy to destroy Sagath's prestige among the icons on them both. Take advantage of their irrational emotions and let them loose on each other."

"I understand," responded Seriphine. She took a deep breath and focused her eyes on Kass. The Elf watched in silence as the mist formed and then, when Kass grabbed Seriphine by her head, she narrowed here eyes just as the purple smoke formed a cloud around her. Seriphine whispered something to herself just as the smoke hit her. The effect was near-instant and she could feel the tingling at the back of her mind grow powerful with each passing second.

When all of the smoke had entered her body Seriphine watched the demon in front of her with hazy and weary eyes. She blinked repeatedly before closing them.

At first there was nothing.

But then, slowly at first, she could hear it. Noise at the back of her head. What sounded as nothing but a chaotic mixture at first gradually became clearer and soon enough Seriphine could identify individual sounds. Individual memories.

She heard chanting and fists slamming against armor. The heavy bass created by the thralls bounced on every armor and shield currently facing the hilltop. At the top was Seriphine and her command group alongside an assortment of worn Elven banners as well as primitive flags stitched together by the warriors of her warhost. As she looked out at them the chanting grew louder and louder. A city burned in the background. It had been their latest victory.

Seriphine focused on another sound. A cry in the night. Hushed voices and sharp tones. Nervous soldiers. She could remember the pain from that night, the night which she gave birth to her firstborn. The only joy she had felt came from the words of the old and wise midwife whom had declared her daughter healthy and strong. Immediately the child had been sent away as per Seriphine's orders- she had even declined to hold her. There had been simply too much at stake and as such the child had been sent to allies in the north, allies that trusted Seriphine's alliance more than the newly formed unified Elven rule. The child had been one out of many with all of them facing the same fate. It had been a purely tactical decision in order to ensure her bloodline though they had all been costly and delayed her campaigns by months.

The sound of the baby's cry faded away and were replaced with the marching of boots, horns and angered voices. Looking around her, Seriphine was in her command tent. Around her were her most trusted commanders; Faelnir, Yaelris, Narvagok and Daelarin. Three Elves and one of her thralls that had earned his freedom. Together they were looking at a map that had been abruptly and hastily changed up. Plans to lay siege to a border-fortress occupied by Men had been put on hold after three massive Elven warhosts had appeared on the rear flank, ordering Seriphine to surrender.

Outside the stomping of boots could be heard as her entire army swung around to face the Elves rather than the fortress. Siege weapons had been left standing or lying in the field and had been switched out in favor of defensive spikes and shield-walls. At the same time the Elves were closing in and despite the abilities and absolute relentless bloodthirst of her own forces they would stand no match against a superior force such as these.

"Huntmastress," said Faelnir. He looked concerned. He never did that.

"Perhaps we should retreat into the highlands? Request a temporary cease of hostilities and parlay with the Queen? There is no use in spilling the blood of our own people."

His argument was sound, though Seriphine doubted that the Queen would even want to offer her peace. No, the only two ways she could see this end was on a spike or in shackles. Seriphine and her army of non-Elves and exiles had served their purpose; no Man would ever dare cross the Neutral Territories and trespass into the Elven Realm ever again. Of that she was sure. But to have peace, real peace, Seriphine understood that her very own existence and continued military campaigns presented an issue.

She shook her head. "There won't be any peace. If our kin are not able to strike us down today then the Men cowering behind their walls will surely find their courage when we find ourselves weakened and covered in the blood of our brothers and sisters. This is where we'll make our stand."

Seriphine looked at Faelnir. "I shall not repeat myself."

Before Faelnir could respond a messenger arrived at the tent's entrance. "Huntmastress! The Elven generals have raised their orbs and are signaling for diplomacy. What should we answer?"

Seriphine narrowed her eyes and raised her chin defiantly. "Tell the-" Stuttering, her words fell short in response to a sudden pain from her chest. Looking down, Seriphine saw the finely crafted blade of an Elven shortsword jutting out from her chest. The messenger widened his eyes while the other commanders reached for their weapons.

Faelnir gently embraced Seriphine from behind and sighed. "I am sorry, Huntmastress. There will be no bloodshed today. Your madness ends here and your name shall be forgotten."

Seriphine tried to say something but blood began to seep out of her mouth. She fumbled with her hands and managed to not only grab her knife but also use it to cut Faelnir in his right arm, causing the Elf to rear back in pain. Swiftly he pulled out his sword with all of his strength and delivered a heavy kick to Seriphine's back. The wooden table broke as her armored body collapsed ontop and painted the map red with her blood.

The last thing she saw was Faelnir's wide grin.

Seriphine's eyes shot wide open and she stared at Kassidy with a look of utter shock on her face. After a while she spoke up with a shaky voice: "I... Thank you, Kassidy. Some of it is back."
Placing a hand to her forehead and sighing, Seriphine continued;

"Though I fear that some of these memories had best been left buried."

"As much as we'd like to get both Keggoth and Thorgran in one go, it wouldn't be believable. Thorgran and Keggoth hardly work together on anything. Sagath knows that they hate one another, so making it look like both worked together to slay Zalmakul wouldn't work." responded Xager. "Besides, we have something special in mind for Thorgran. One you will like, Loque."

"Anyway, returning to Keggoth, I know of a former greed demon in our ranks that could provide some information about how they work. They can likely get you the proper markings and other details regarding how a greed demon raid party functions. Once you kill Zalmakul and the cult worshiping it, I'll bring you the details as to how to stage the area to look like Keggoth's minions did it."

She then looked around at the group. "I must return to Tariun now. I apologize if I haven't answered all of your questions. Tariun will likely wish to speak to you all when you board the train again. You may question her at your leisure then." She turned about, walking back over to where the crates were. Vincent had moved over and gathered his needed supplies, and was now standing off to the side. "Be safe, and be careful. Zalmakul is not to be trifled with."

And a few minutes later, Xager was gone. Taking the large crates with her.

---
Kassidy nodded gently. "...Memories make up yer life, though. The good and bad ones. Always better ta make good ones, though." she responded, smiling faintly. She then glanced to where Vincent was nearby. "Never too late for that, ya know? Now, the rest of yer memories will come back slowly overtime. Yer gonna have everything back before ya know it."

She then gently pat Seriphine on the shoulder. "Let's get back over to the group. Xager told 'em somethin' important. And we probably need ta know what it is."

Last edited:
Uloth likes the idea of a field gun, the bigger the boom the more fun it'll be to use it. She hopes the others will understand how to use it and if not, then hopefully Xager will provide instruction or provide a team of demons to aid in deploying it. She feels a little more vigor at the idea of artillery being used, knowing how effective it is against even large targets. She collects up her things and waits for Vincent's instructions for the next step.

Once Xager left, Senya decided to make a brief announcement to the rest of the group. She walked by Vincent's side and cleared her throat. This will only be short so they won't waste time getting to their next objective.

"Vincent and I came to a quick discussion regarding the morale and worries of the group. Because of recent developments, I will be acting as co-leader until we complete our main objective in the Abyss. All of you have a right to voice your opinions, so don't be afraid to speak to us whenever possible. From now on, we need to make sure everyone in this group is safe, regardless. We can't afford to lose anyone else. If you have any questions or concerns, we are always here." Senya gestured to herself and Vincent.

Takato watched as the discussion continued, listening to the responses of the others. Hearing that they'll get details from a former greed demon was reassuring. However, as soon as it started, Xager announced she had to leave. It almost looked as though she looked straight at him as she spoke about not having answered all their questions.

Thankfully, hearing that Tariun could answer them later, reassured him. And with that, she had departed. He personally didn't like the idea of 'framing', but he heard before that warfare is a way of deception, that is, of catching the opposition off-guard. Such skill was needed for mystic barrages, so 'framing' seem to be but the next step forward.

And soon after Xager's departure, Senya announced she was going to be acting as co-leader. He gave her a thumbs up and a smile, not having any questions nor any serious concerns with her assuming the position. She would be far better than Hudson was. But after that, he just remained in the same general area, awaiting to hear what they'll do next.

"Vincent and I came to a quick discussion regarding the morale and worries of the group. Because of recent developments, I will be acting as co-leader until we complete our main objective in the Abyss. All of you have a right to voice your opinions, so don't be afraid to speak to us whenever possible. From now on, we need to make sure everyone in this group is safe, regardless. We can't afford to lose anyone else. If you have any questions or concerns, we are always here."
Loque clears her throat. “I only have one question for one concern... Are you related in any way to Hudson?” She gives herself a small giggle at her own little joke.

Wesley sighs and attaches his Ninjato back into its proper position on his hip, Xager has left with her huge crates that the Ninja could've meditated on for a bit. after some time on checking his essentials and cleaning up his sword, the Ninja gets up and looks at the surrounding side of what's supposed to be Sagath's Territory. The grass seems real at a distance. if you don't notice the off-green color to them, as well as the "trees". With a quick glance of the terrain, Wesley is reminded of the time he was with Valeria's Inquiry. He still carried the experience in his heart and promises to get their former senior inquisitor out of the Abyss and to take down Sazak in doing so, "...She didn't deserve to be stuck in a place with so much torment and pain... Neither does Cassandra.. sigh."

The Ninja stood up with one quick fluent movement from his lotus position and moved around their little stop around the truck. and just out of the corner of his eye was a a decently sized humanoid-like creature who was leaning onto the side of the truck downing a bottle of something, living at the top of her own peak like she owned the place.

It was the Culture-shocked, Party-starter herself, Inari

Wesley doesn't know much about the warlord.. other than hearing her talk about the spoils of war and some other stuff that he can't distinguish due to Inari's lack of experience with another language other than the one she's very much used to. Wesley's not much the person to engage a conversation with ever since he became a Ninja, he just finds it awfully awkward to talk to someone who's a lot more staying power in a conversation as him, nevertheless. The Ninja would strike a conversation with the unusual kitsune.

"Fine drink we're having?" Welsey said as he leaned into the side of the truck.

Last edited:
One drink for me... Inari raises the bottle, downs a gulp and sighs, one drink for Senya... another upturn raise of the bottle, another sip, another sigh. Her throat felt almost raw from the physical heat and burn of all the drinks she was mixing. Oh, hell, it would hurt later but for now she was content to take the pain and the light headed sensation just to escape this dreary bunch. Xager was gone now and she had laid out the plans for their next task, to which Inari had listened to. Mostly. She wasn't running the show here and no one much cared to listen to her anyways, so she kept to herself, enjoying her own precious moment.

Then Wesley approached. Inari eyed him like a stray cat showing up around her feet, and she took another sip from her near empty bottle. "We're?" She said, as if tasting the word. "We're? No, fine drink I have, no we."

Wesley tilted his head from Inari's response, then he realized she was actually talking about the actual bottle in her hands rather than the expression of what she feels when she drinks, "I rather not drink, It gets me a bit fuzzy when I try to fight someone.." he reaches into his pocket and pulls out the small emblem and shows it to her.

"I was once under the service of a warlord once.. You do mention a lot about your spoils in war and what not, And I wonder what is your thrill from all of your victories?"

Inari glanced sideways at the emblem being presented to her, taking a moment to study it over before shrugging. Mines better. So the strange shinobi foreigner had been bonded to a master, or so he said. She didn't recognize the emblem so she figured this wasn't some sort of sudden revenge attempt for a slain master, though... it wasn't like she remembered every emblem of each hapless lord, upstart, or samurai she killed over the many years she had spent killing. Given that this guy seemed like a young one to her, she need only search back fifty or so years. And she still didn't pick up any recognition of it, at least not beyond perhaps having seen it in passing or elsewhere. Certainly not on a banner she had taken and burned.

"What is thrill in victory? What question you ask? Is like why sky blue, or why rice so good. Why blood red? Answer is yes. Er... answer is easy, it basic answer. Fun," she shrugged. Inari took another glance at the emblem. Nope, definitely didn't burn this one. "Why ask question made for child?"

"Fun.. I see.." Wesley merely nodded in a way that he sort of understood. But in reality, he didn't catch a single expression with what Inari just said. She seems to switch her gaze on the emblem a few times so at least there was some interest in the interaction at least.

"Why ask question made for child?"

And an opportunity presents itself to the Ninja to know more about Inari's past and her hectic behavior. "Well, I wanted to ask how you became uh.. "You" per say, How did you become this.. warlord of such nature?"

Last edited:
With one bottle now empty, Inari sat it aside, her hand drifting over to another, dark-glass bottle with a clean and crisp label. The script was in some fancy, spiraling, exotic type she couldn't read well. Not that it mattered. Cork out, bottoms up. It had been a long time since she drank like this and she was starting to feel full, but for some reason she wasn't as far down the pit as she has been before. Sighing, she slumped a little more against the truck as Wesley asked another question. This one made her snicker. How did she become a warlord? Well, that was a good question. Was it when she won her campaigns against the Valley Lords? Was it when she raised her banner high that very first time on that rainy field, with a scant three dozen ronin there to pledge their swords? Maybe it was when she massacred the Fushimi Clan host and their commanders on that gentle, quiet river, which ran red for weeks, carrying corpses half way across the country for several more months. There were probably more skeletons in that river than any other in all of Kowareta.

Or did she become a warlord much earlier than all of that? She could remember, in the earliest years, that she had no intention of ever touching a sword. What was the point in that? She had her porcelain cups, her doll, and a switch to keep the strays away from her grass and rock temple she made on the roadside, in view of the fields where her adoptive family worked. A custom to learn the ways of those people and to begin their glamor skills early, mimicking human behavior, form, and culture as if it were their own. Her real birthplace, that ancient kitsune village, was no place of great activity. Mother was up in those mountains, somewhere, or perhaps someplace not even of this world. She hadn't seen her since she had her ninth tail a few centuries ago. Hermits is what most of them were, safeguarding practices, knowledge, and traditions that likely no more than a handful kitsune even knew about. The old shrine there was the place one was meant to journey to once their ninth tail had grown. There was some bullshit about donning yourself in flowers and waiting in the crystal bath beneath the moonlight. The guardian monks supposedly observed the ascension. Perverts, the lot of them. Who else would come up with that voyeuristic process?

No, the most likely point that put her on this path was when she finally picked up a sword. That bent and chipped piece of shit. She enjoyed reveling in the past, in memories both bitter and fond, but the earliest ones were neither. Slowly, Inari began to frown as she stopped drinking.

---

It was always the dogs. When someone was defeated, the hounds were let loose to play. When someone acted up and didn't obey, and had taken the lash too many times to be worth the effort, the hounds were let loose to play. If you won, but pissed someone off, the hounds were let loose to play. Sometimes the hounds were let out for no reason at all. Did they slip the leashes of the handlers? That meant the gateman must have fallen asleep on the wheel and suspiciously spun it exactly six times to get the gate high enough so three or four starving and rabid mad dogs could scramble beneath and into the arena. If the duel was taking too long - let the hounds loose to play. That put a fire in everyone's belly. You could win, you could lose, you could be doing everything they wanted you to do, and it would end with dogs.

Yun died earlier that afternoon when he used his spear to try and vault out of the pit. She had seen it all from the cage. He planted the spear tip in Nanashi's sternum, used them as living leverage, and launched himself right up onto the lower balcony. Cleared it perfectly. He had an opening to dart left and up the stairs, but he was too slow. Stunned from his own wild success. The moment he moved was when someone had grabbed him, hefted him up with both hands as if he were no more than a basket of vegetables, and tossed him right back down into the pit. The crowd loved that and they spared him about five minutes before they sent the dogs in. Enough time to make him plead for forgiveness. Inari followed the ritual she always did when the dogs were sent in. She stepped away from the cage, crossed the floor about three feet, and sat down with her back as far against the opposite bars as she could, her legs tucked in and her tail wrapped around her. Once she had allowed her tail to drift between the bars into the kennel behind her and someone made a show of stomping on it. This wasn't a place for mistakes.

The dogs were mild today. Yun was only in about seven or eight pieces and they spent most of their time eating rather than sniffing out the others stuck in their cages along the pit wall. They couldn't fit between the bars, but their barking, blood covered maws could. The handlers liked to poke the duelists in the back to make them stumble a foot or two forwards towards the dogs, and more than a few died that way. Once the dogs got a bite, that was it. Jenzhi lost his hand that way, though he was still alive, somewhere. He spoke some different language she didn't know so she didn't care much about him. Once the dogs were sated, they were dragged back into their side of the pit to the real kennels, where the actual animals were kept, not the assortment of slaves like her.

"You're next, fox. New kid today you're up against. Some brat from the Kanwo Hills. Make it good." That was Kizuato speaking. He was nice enough to call her fox now after she had won eleven matches and lost none. Well, had she lost any, she wouldn't be here. They were starting to like her in that strange, sadistic way of theirs, since she was a kitsune and they enjoyed giving them the worst go of it than anyone else. Ten minutes passed. They washed her by dunking a bucket of water over her, tossed her some brown rags that had probably once been a different color, and some blocks of wood that made up their armor. Chestplate, backplate, skirt, and that was all. Kept the fights from ending too quickly with a stab to the heart. Gave time to bleed and suffer a little more unless the neck or head were taken out. Once dressed, they pushed her out into the pit first, and someone tossed her a katana from above. That was the sign that they hated her. You didn't give out a sword unless you wanted them to die. Spears were what you wanted out here. No one at eleven could wield a sword that was as tall as them worth a damn.

She wasn't the only one. Her opponent, the new kid, was some scrawny thing outfitted as ridiculously as her and armed with another katana, just as chipped and dull as hers. Her walk to the center of the pit was diligent. She didn't want to be accused of not taking this seriously. That was the dogs again. This kid, though... they looked around and took their time, sheepishly, stepping up to the center. "Are you trying to get us killed?" She growled at them when they finally joined her in the middle. Naturally, one - or perhaps both anyways - would be dead in a few minutes, but that didn't mean she wanted to expedite her chances. "Hold your sword better. Like this," Inari said, holding hers up with a slight sway. The damn thing was just a little too heavy. Her opponent, who she only knew as Kanwo from his (or her, she never could tell) location, didn't bother raising their sword. "Just kill me," they said in a hushed sigh. "I'm tired." The fight horn was sounded and Inari didn't move, nor did Kanwo. How... how could they say such a thing? Was this their strategy to kill her? Just... refuse to fight and piss the others off so that they let the dogs out?

"Are you stupid? Fight me!" She swung a wide and open arc towards them and they stumbled back and fell on their ass, causing the crowd to jeer. Paralyzed, she stared down at them. "What are you doing? Please, get up!" Kangawo did so, but they tossed their sword onto the ground. "I give up, just end it. Please." Their eyes were hollow, perhaps being not so new to this life than she thought. Inari looked up at the sneers of the crowd around the pit, some calling at her to get it over with, others telling her to drag it out. A divided crowd was the worst of all. She begged them to pick up their weapon, to put up any sort of fight, and all she achieved was slashing them on the arm and knocking them over again.

Then she heard it. The slight rumble, slight squeak of the wheel being turned. The gate on the opposite side of the pit. Dogs. She could see their beady eyes and long incisors, still stained a dull red from their earlier meal. This was almost uncalled for. Seconds, so soon? They didn't rush out past the gate as they did when starved, but rather sauntered in their arrogant way, mouths hanging open and stepping through through the dirt in a way that demonstrated that they knew who the real champions of this fighting pit were.

Kanwo whimpered slightly and tried to get up, except he couldn't. Inari's sword had stuck him in the back of his left leg and tore out his hamstring. He cried out as she dragged the sword across to the other leg, and stabbed down several times, the weight of the blade too heavy to make a proper cut. "This is what you wanted," she whispered hoarsely, carefully backing away from him as the dogs strode in. They smelled the blood. Kanwo was trying to crawl away and the movement enticed them. One second they were around him, sniffing, the next they were already upon him in their usual frenzy. Inari was about a dozen feet away and stopped when the dogs had their back to her. Those filthy, mud-black mongrel hides. Oh how she hated them and every person in this place. Each and every one of them was a bloodthirsty mutt. Sooner or later they were going to make it impossible for her to get out of here.

Caught up in their second best meal of the day, the dogs weren't aware of the kitsune stepping closer behind them.

---

One of the bottles on the truck fell over with a loud tink when Inari bumped into it. She gasped, but sighed when it turned out it was an empty one. She desperately needed another sip. Now she was really feeling the effects of that stuff, yet not in the way she wanted. Damn bastard foreign alcohol. These weren't the thoughts she was looking for. Or... no, it was Wesley. He had asked her a question. That was what it was. Damn bastard foreign shinobi.

"Easy," she slurred. "Kill some, no die, make good fun. How fuck else you think?"

"Easy," she slurred. "Kill some, no die, make good fun. How fuck else you think?"

Wesley squinted his eyes from Inari's short, unfulfilling answer, ".....Right." He merely nods from Inari's meager response to him, however it did sate the idea of talking to someone who's more or less *not* him in terms of personality, "Seems always a blast for you to uh... ravage and kill" After Wesley said that his gaze was on the landscape once more, but he soon saw something that seemed out of the ordinary.. If he squinted hard enough. it nearly had a form of a person with a dark shroud all over him, as if it feels like something was watching their every step. like a self-conscious shadow. but like a shadow, It went before it was even noticed it was there. The Ninja return his gaze back towards Inari who continues on drinking without worry.

The Ninja pondered about what he said earlier thinking of the words "Ravage" and "Kill", It was like bringing old firewood that's already been burnt back into the center of the fire.. why was he familiar to the words? It seems to just roll of his tongue perfectly. What has happened to him when he was in Redonia? why did it seem like a bad dream that he has seemingly woke up from. he goes back to any of those days there and remember what had happened, and one memory was already enough to kick him back into trauma.

---

Blood has been Spilled. Lifeless Bodies of different people are scattered around.

Two souls who have fought a battle with each other reached its conclusion.

One soul was well and kind, the other sinister and dark.

The sword of one, impaling the body of another.

The sinister soul expected the last words of the Kind one, his honest words sprang true.

The Sinister soul cannot take the pain of loss of a dear friend, his screams beg for his forgiveness

Yet, the deed is done, and the Kind soul is no more.

---

And just as quick it was, It was already enough for the Shinobi to slump down quietly to the ground and put his knees up to his chest and stare into the horizon, feeling the after-effects of what that memory transpired. Just pure Emptiness.

Last edited:
"I suppose you're right," said Seriphine, nodding. "Thank you, Kassidy."

The two of them returned to the group with Seriphine positioning herself near Vincent. She managed to hear Senya's announcement which was a positive thing. They were much better off entrusting their wellbeing to a knight that had made nothing but sound decisions instead of a man so eager to walk into an early death.

She turned to look at Vincent. "I need to ask you for a favor. I will explain later."

Vincent nodded in response to Seriphine, as he loaded three hunting cartridges into his rifle. With a tug, the bolt snapped shut. Ready to go. He then looked to the others. "Alright everyone. We'll make camp here for a few hours. Rest up, eat if you need to. We'll set out for the islands later on." Once he slung his rifle onto his back, he glanced to one of the nearby trees. "Think one of these trees might burn good enough for a camp fire?"

------
Elsewhere...

The Realm of Pride

Ralvas' territory

"...what in the hell..." muttered Riberta, as she gazed upon the new landscape before them. The truck had stopped momentarily, allowing for the quartet inside to take in the land of Pride. Scattered along a dark, barren and hilly landscape were massive magnificent castles and fortresses. The tall, looming structures towered over the landscape around them, and bore several surrounding walls signifying that they were practically cities unto themselves. Below them, at the bottom of the hill they were sitting on, they could see people moving about. Hollows, dressed in finest garments, yet simply wandering the barren grounds. They saw a few, sitting alone. Heads resting in their palms, as if they were silently crying.

Above them, dark clouds gathered, signifying a coming storm. They could already see what appeared to be rainfall in the distance, and it was venturing ever closer to them. Riberta grunted. "...We should head towards that castle there. Maybe we can wait out the storm inside." she said, pointing at the castle closest to the truck. It was still a few miles away, but far closer than the other structures.

Hudson peered over the landscape they found themselves driving into, cold indifference on his face that remained hidden from the others. As ever the realms were befitting of their names and Icons that ruled over them, so obsessed with meeting those guidelines that they couldn't help but feel sterile and empty as the rest of this place. It was all simply a farce of what a real living, breathing world could be. All crafted by some childlike beings that saw fit to rule over the damned in their own special way.

"We're going to be stopping for a little rain..?" the hunter rasped with a hint of disbelief and anger in his tone. "Are you even sure that castle's abandoned?"

"We shouldn't risk ourselves with Abyssal weather." Venextos commented as he looked about at the scenery. "I'd rather we don't deal with that additional hurdle."

The lands of Pride, with its cursed souls roaming the gates of the magnificent castles and fortresses scattered through the dead landscape. Many of the Hollow were wearing regal clothing, yet they seemed even more miserable than those the encountered in the Hollowlands. Jakob found it rather fitting. Vanity only severs men from others. He once heard the Grand Bishop of Eternis say something about Pride he always agreed with. "What the weak head with strongest bias rules, Is pride, the never-failing vice of fools."

Jakob could tell that there was a storm coming, and Riberta suggested heading to the nearest castle and wait the storm out. Of course, Hudson found that idea to be silly, before Venextos threw his two cents about the matter. "I think Venny and Riberta are right Hudson. We don't know what the storms are like in this realm...Besides, if the place is inhabited... I think the four of us can deal with them, right?" Jakob finished the sentence with a confident smile.

He continued to stare at the castle in silence for a few moments, finding something quite off about the place the longer he looked at it. The dreary clouds that hung over them oppressively weighed down the grandiose structures scattered around them, some kind of presence looming over Hudson that he could not quite place. The weather in the Abyss could very well be harsh and unforgiving to those ill prepared for it, this was true, yet a certain part of his brain was telling the hunter to steer clear of that particular castle. Though it was not something he could ever focus upon or realize, just the slightest niggling that was unable to be acted on.

"... Yeah, maybe you're right." Hudson replied, still staring at their destination. "Might just be full of some sad hollows spilling wine over themselves as they bawl their eyes out."

"Guess that settles things, then." said Riberta, gently tapping Hudson on the shoulder. And soon enough, the truck rolled onwards. Down the hill and across the dead grass towards the large castle before them. They passed by more hollow, whom didn't bother as they drove past. Some even moved out of the way of their vehicle. And as they drew closer to ghe castle, they began to take in the architecture of the huge castle.

It reminded them greatly of the large castles and cathedrals back in the mortal realm, specifically in places like Escaria and Daristein. Towering spires, fancy stained glass windows, large archways and doors. Dark to some, while fantasic and artsy to others. Regardless, fine craftsmanship abound. Still, here in the Abyss, it bore other interesting concepts. There were hellish sigils here and there, massive and agressive looking battlements on the walls surrounding the castle. There were even large demonic statues perched on pedistals jutting off the corners of the walls over the archways.

The truck sputtered through the main archway through the outer wall. Between the two walls around this castle, there was a wide path which circled the entire structure. In it were more hollows, as well as what appeared to be soldiers wearing finely crafted armors and carrying exotic looking weaponry from an age long past. Prideful knights and warriors it seemed. They aimlessly walked the pathways, hollowed long before.

Inside the inner wall, they found the courtyard to be just as fancy as the outside walls of the numerous castles. A massive statue sat at the center of the courtyard, depicting a lone demon. Remarkably handsome, with long flowing hair. The bottom of the statue read 'RALVAS'. "So that's Ralvas, huh? Smug fuck." commented Riberta, as the truck rolled to a stop and they climbed out.

The rest of the courtyard was covered in stone paths, lined with dead bushes and trees. Dead leeves were scattered along the walkways, crunching beneath the group's feet. And they soon found themselves gazing up at a pair of massive mahogany doors. Riberta, the stronger one of the group, stepped up and pushed the doors inward.

The main hall, surprising the group, was utterly empty. Bare, cold stone and rotting wood. No extravagant tables or chairs, or light fixtures above. Not even any flowing tapestries on the walls, or magnificent paintings. The castle was dark.

Empty and hollow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back