• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hunter's Moon: The Sin & Sentence [IC] [CLOSED]

Seriphine crossed her arms and pouted slightly. Trusting a demon was no easy favor. Then again we've made it this far despite the fact that she is one of them.

The Elf looked at Vincent. She didn't look like she was entirely comfortable with the situation but did nonetheless make a silent nod.

Let us hope that getting out proves a much easier task.

"Tiny weapons?" Inari glanced at her swords. "I don't like tiny swords, I like big swords. What if word don't work? Then I will be very angry. I kill more than few people."

Takato nodded in agreeance with the rest, though after Inari made her comments, he made his own, just to be sure;

"Would there be a need to turn these cards small?" he said, as he pulled out his densely-packed box pack of talisman-like cards. "Occupants of the robe's inner pockets they are, when not in use, already."

Hudson keeps his eyes on the map as Azathor speaks, arms folded across his chest as he peers at the chart through the slits of his helmet. If he had spies within every major Icon's region that information is quite invaluable for a war effort, though of course there would be complications when it came to Sazak. "So we've no choice but to carve a way through Azgon's territory to reach him. Clearly being covert is going to do any good for all you're failed attempts at it." he reasons rather gruffly.

"Tariun saw it fit to weaken the other Icons further I suppose, busy ourselves with what you all appear to be doing already. But we're here to stop Sazak and whatever he is planning; not pussyfoot about trying to loosen others' grip on the Abyss. Frankly I can't give half a shit about anything aside from him."

"I don't like tiny swords, I like big swords. What if word don't work? Then I will be very angry. I kill more than few people."

Kassidy scratched her temple. "The word works, trust me. It just has ta be pronounced right...which might be difficult for ya." she said, referring to Inari's accent. "If it don't work when ya say it, then just get one of the others ta shout it. It'll work then."

She then chuckled. "And besides...ain't ya gonna be there ta kill a bunch of 'em anyway?"

"Would there be a need to turn these cards small?" he said, as he pulled out his densely-packed box pack of talisman-like cards. "Occupants of the robe's inner pockets they are, when not in use, already."

Kassidy eyed the cards, then shrugged. "Ain't no need ta shrink those. They're cards."

Vincent finally nodded. "Alright. I guess its settled then." he said, before looking back to Kassidy. Kassidy nodded as well. "Alright, lay yer weapons here on the table one at a time, and I'll enchant 'em." she said. "Then, I'll charm those that need it. We'll get goin' to the palace afterwards.

Azathor looked at Hudson for a moment before speaking up again: "We would first need to find a way to relieve Ethraeil. His forces are constantly kept in check by Azgon's hordes, as the Icon of Wrath is trying to box him in. Fortunately Ethraeil and his lieutenants have been quite adept at fighting against such a strategy, but one of his lieutenants was nearly killed recently and only by some miracle did he manage to escape the clutches of one of Azgon's commanders by the name of Dorzath."

Azathor pointed to a few locations along the warfront signifying these events. "Time is our enemy here. It's only a matter of time before Ethraeil makes a costly mistake."

"Alright, lay yer weapons here on the table one at a time, and I'll enchant 'em."

Loque, obviously, doesn't. She's sitting still on the couch, hollowing, and has been there ever since they came into Kassidy's tenement. Though it appears now she's got a cigarette in her mouth. It's not lighted however, and it seems she's slowly chewing on it. Her rifle’s also held very tightly in her hands; holding it close to her and treating it like a comfort object. It’ll take some force to yank it out of them.

Last edited:
Hudson keeps his eyes locked on the map, the fact that he isn't staring at the demon allowed him to pretend he wasn't discussing strategy with a hellspawn. Which fortunately allowed him to focus all the better, and he gave a nod to Azathor's words.

"Just how organized are these demons? Are they as bloodthirsty and disorganized as I'd like to believe?" he asks, drumming his fingers on his crossed arms. "If we take out their leadership it should lighten the load regardless."

This was the way, Senya thought. They needed to complete this task soon, lest they end up falling behind from Taranoch's plans and the Icons. She walked towards the edge of the table, setting down her family sword and her rifle so Kassidy can enchant them for the mission.

"They're kept in control through strength, usually through a higher ranking demon to keep them in line long enough to follow orders. In this case, it would be two by the name of Dorzath and Wallace. We can deal with removing Dorzath, but you would be needed elsewhere. An associate of mine, a sorceress from your world, has gone quiet for some time. She has been invaluable in helping me, and I would like to know if she's alright or not." Azathor spoke as he continued to look at the map. "She is northeast from here, not too far. But there were sightings of wrath demons there."

Jakob was quiet, letting Hudson speak and ask the questions Azathor. Normally he would be asking questions too, but after many hours walking the Abyss, he was a bit tired. But the sudden mention of a particular name made Jakobs eyes open wide. "...Wallace?" He turned to Azathor, pointing at him. "Did you just say Wallace?... Stonewall Wallace? He's here? He's working with Azgon now?!"

"You know of him?" Azathor asked with curiosity, raising an eyebrow towards Jakob. "He rose quickly through Ralvas' ranks, and is currently loaned to Azgon for the duration of the war leading forces from both Ralvas and Azgon."

Last edited:
The thought of that bastard being alive slowly began to sink in. Jakob let out a weird chuckle, before realizing that the man that caused his lycanthrophy was not only alive in this Hell but also serving the demon lords. He clenched his fists while taking heavy, feral breaths before screaming at the top of his lungs. "MOTHERFUCKER!" Jakob looked down while trying to calm himself, but he only remembered what Wallace told him before that hunt. "...That fucking bastard. I always wanted to destroy him, make him pay for everything he did. If Mariette didn't steal my GOD DAMN KILL." But as he shouted, he remembered what his shadow told him. His dark feelings regarding that day when Mariette set ablaze a weakened Wallace. He began to calm down, taking heavy breathes before speaking again. "...I am sorry I... look just tell us where to find this friend of yours. I'm tired of running errands. I want to find that bastard and then find Valeria."

"Believe me when I say this, helping end this quagmire of a warfront will help you on your own quest." Azathor replied, "Even the small things matter. She is about 20 miles to the northeast, I can give you a truck to make your journey easier."

Hudson was silent as Jakob had his outburst, choosing to simply stare at him as he shouted and eventually composed himself. It wasn't out of disrespect for those feelings, and he chose to say nothing for having nothing to contribute to ease his ire at this time. Wallace was a familiar name, as the hunter could recall Camille mentioning him in the past. It wasn't exactly one of her proudest battles, ending with her having a bite taken out of her flesh and tossed about as if she was made of straw. That image got his own temper to flare slightly, and to think that rather than an eternity of torture in the Abyss the beast was rewarded with commanding some of Azgon's forces. Things were truly fucked if the horrible people in the land of the living were given boons rather than punishment.

Lowering the brim of his hat he soon piped up after Azathor spoke. "I'm also not looking to run errands either, mind. Though at least this isn't a complete detour from Sazak like a suicide mission into Lust's territory." he states. "We'll get your friend back, or at the very least confirm her death."

Last edited:
Riberta listened to the conversation between Hudson, Jakob, and Azathor, glancing to the map only once as she waited to see what they were going to be doing. As Azathor spoke up about Wallace, she took note of Jakob's reaction. He must have encountered him back in Grimtham. She had encountered Wallace once before, though they hadn't fought one another. He was a 'newer, fresher' alpha werewolf at the time of his infection. To hear that he was now an Icon's puppet was a bit of a surprise, though.

"Keep yourself calm, pup. You'll get your hands on Wallace soon enough, and get that kill you're craving." she remarked, before glancing to Azathor. "Got a name for this friend of yours? Not the best idea to waltz into the area without knowing who we're looking for."

---
One at a time, Kassidy took and enchanted each of the group's weapons. Loque's weapon had to be pried from her by Vincent, taking care not to hurt the demon (if it was even possible for him to do barehanded.) Each weapon shrank considerably, growing smaller and smaller by the second till they were the size of toothpicks. "Now, tha word ya gotta use is gonna be simple." she said, grabbing a small scrap of paper that was already sitting on the coffee table. She summoned what appeared to be a pencil out of thin air, the pencil manifesting itself and falling into her hand, and scribbled on the paper before handing it to Vincent.

He examined the paper, raising an eyebrow. The word was 'eggplant'. He handed the scrap to the person next to him, so that everyone got a view of what it was. "Don't say it aloud till yer ready ta use your guns and swords and such. Got it? Ya shout it out, and yer weapon will return ta normal size."

Senya raised an eyebrow, her weapons shrinking down to an absurd size. To be fair, it might just work if they were to get in. And all they really needed to say was... eggplant? Senya sighed, hand pressed on her mouth, eyes half opened.

Henderson looked suspiciously towards Kass for a second and then towards the weapon the others carried. If she didn't look and smell so serious about the whole thing, he would think this was some sort of demonic joke.

The cigarette falls out of Loque's mouth and onto the ground when Vincent ripped her rifle from her cold and still hands. Without moving the rest of her body, she slowly swats at it with her arm for a moment before returning to her motionless state; leaving the cigarette on the ground.

Last edited:
Having given the paper a look and passing it on to Inari, Takato attempted to recall what an 'eggplant' was, and what it was called in Upper Redonian. Quickly enough he remembered, and recalled how surprised he was by how Adonian eggplants looked like - they were much 'plumper' than the long, slender-looking 'kiezi' from back home.

Looking over to Inari, who had passed the paper to her closest neighbor, he recalled that the word in Lower Redonian for eggplant was 'nasubi', or at least, he thought that was it. If she were to ask, he'd be able to answer.

Once everyone had seen the paper, Vincent handed the slip of paper back to Kassidy. "Right, now..." she said, taking the paper and tearing it up. "...Lets get goin'." She stood, motioning everyone up. It was time to get everything underway. "Now, I'm trustin' ya'll ta keep yer mouth shut now, since I'm not gonna charm any of ya. If they find out that yer not charmed, it'll probably blow yer cover. Then yer in for a world of hurt." she said, as she walked around them towards the door. "Head back out to the truck. I'll drive us to the palace."

Once outside, the group moved over to where the truck was still parked and climbed in. Once the vehicle was cranked, Kassidy shifted it into gear and they pulled off. Heading up towards the palace. As they sputtered along in the truck, they passed by more succubi and incubi, as well as those charmed and lead about by their lust demon captors. They also passed by more apartment complexes, as well as a swath of brothels and saloons. Music could be heard coming from various directions, ranging in tunes and usually mixed in with the various noises one would expect from a lust demon and their prey.

They started moving uphill soon enough, towards the large white palace. As they neared it, they started to notice that it had a sort of...well, phallic shape. Of course it did. This was the territory of lust. Vincent made a face, glancing to Kassidy. She shrugged. "Could be a lot worse, I guess." she responded. Eventually, they reached the base of the large tower. It was surrounded by rather remarkable and beautiful fountains of water, shaped much like the classical sculptures of the mortal world. One was of a succubus, pouring water out of a jug into an incubus' cup, whom was laying posed next to her across a rock.

"Artsy." muttered Vincent. They soon stopped, parking on the edge of a sidewalk that lead to a long, wide set of stairs. They traveled up to the front entrance of the palace, where several armed succubi and incubi were standing. They were all wearing sleek, fancy armor which seemed more for show than for actual practicality. Showing more skin than it covered.

Kassidy looked back at the others. "Alright, follow me. And remember what I said." she said quietly, before climbing out of the truck and starting towards the stairs.

Music could be heard coming from various directions, ranging in tunes and usually mixed in with the various noises one would expect from a lust demon and their prey.
As they neared those brothels, and heard the noises being made from inside, Loque’s breathing became more pronounced and her body started to shake. It became too much, and she fell out of her seat on the truck and crawled into a fetal position on the floor.

And when they arrived at the particularly-shaped palace, she mumbled something so low and softly that she might've not even heard it herself.

Senya nodded as they were about to head into this palace. She entered the back of the truck, keeping silent as that would be easy enough. The Warden observed several buildings in the city, forgetting the fact the Abyss had cities and industries of their own. This was practically normal, only instead of humans, they were demons walking around. Senya sighed tiredly, seeing several people charmed by the succubi and holding leather collars in place. She wasn't surprised at the frequent brothel or music playing in the background, it was Sin city at its finest. She wondered if people could hear any screaming throughout the streets.

The truck was closing in on a white palace, she was unfazed by the shape. They had other concerns and worries, especially the demons wearing the impractical armor. Senya furrowed her brows at the absurd design, by the Dragon Gods, who would wear that in battle, she thought. If she was forced to wear such thing, she would be incredibly embarrassed. The other Wardens would be making jokes about her at every temple from now on. She shook her head, closing the topic and kept following Kassidy until they were inside.

"Hayley Payne is her full name, but her first is sufficient enough." Azathor replied to Riberta, which brought out an audible chuckle from Venextos. "I know her well, she comes from my order." the wizard spoke with a smile, "We go back a ways."

Seriphine wasn't overly fond of having her arsenal of daggers and other weapons be shrunk down but for the moment there seemed to be no alternative. Charmed once again Seriphine remained silent as the party made their way back to the truck. During the journey she watched Loque with growing suspicion. Had this been one of my warriors he would have been struck down long ago. What is the point to keep her suffering?
Despite her strong opinions on the subject she remained silent but when the demon curled up on the flatbed flooring she looked visibly disgusted, like someone watching a dying animal draw its final breath.

Upon disembarking from the truck two things caught Seriphine's attention. First was the, uh, accentuated curves of the temple. She narrowed her eyes and frowned. Yes. This place will know nothing but cleansing fire- one way or another.
Secondly were the demonic guards and their loose-fitting armor. If you could even call it that. The Elf made an amused grunt and crossed her arms. This was the armed opposition that awaited them? Pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back